Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/7/71cf2e3c14017129503ed6f82809108f.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_6_-_8-13-2017_-_tree_pked
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/7/71cf2e3c14017129503ed6f82809108f.xhtml failed

[20:09] <@Tolman> repost of last session:
[20:09] <@Tolman> The castle is clearly within ruins… some 130 ft across at the front, the entrance’s gates have long since been removed.
[20:09] <@Tolman> You do not see or hear any sign of activity.
[20:10] <@Tolman> As you move to the gate, the wind perhaps blows, and the two trees flanking you move in the breeze.
[20:10] <@Tolman> …on second look, the trees attack you with swift fury.
[20:10] <Khophus> (The dwarf was right!)
[20:10] <@Tolman> The two trees flanking the gates animate and come alive as they fiercely attack two party members.
[20:11] <@Tolman> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(16)+4 'bludgeoning damage Khophus']: 20
[20:11] <@Tolman> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(7)+4 'bludgeoning damage Dylan']: 11
[20:11] <@Tolman> Khophus flies limply through the air, landing in a crumpled heap.
[20:11] <@Tolman> Theriand slowly backs away, trying to put some distance between himself and the trees
[20:12] <@Tolman> (any questions about the scene before we begin?)
[20:12] * Tolman is now known as <DM_Tol
[20:12] <Khophus> (No – I'm at 0, so…help? Help, I say?)
[20:13] <Theriand> (Last sessions log if anybody needs to rescan it: http://grovewoodsaga.com/doku.php?id=campaigns:k4:session_5_-_7-16-2017_-_castles_and_trees )
[20:14] <DM_Tol> (on the map, the TR are the only two trees that animated.)
[20:16] <Theriand> (kk)
[20:17] <Theriand> (assuming we're still in init, what was the order)
[20:18] <DM_Tol> (that was just a surprise round, so didn’t do init yet)
[20:18] <DM_Tol> * Session 6 of “Heroes of Azod” begins *
[20:19] <DM_Tol> As the group casually and carefully strolls towards the front entrance of the walled and delapidated castle grounds, the two trees in sentry position animate and attack the group.
[20:19] <DM_Tol> Khophus flies 10 ft away on the ground motionless, and Dylan is bashed as well.
[20:19] <DM_Tol> -init rolls plz
[20:19] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[20:20] <DM_Tol> 1d20-2 for Trees
[20:20] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(14)-2 'for Trees']: 12
[20:20] <Khophus> 1d20+1
[20:20] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(16)+1]: 17
[20:20] <Khophus> (brb again)
[20:20] <Theriand> 1d20+2
[20:20] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(9)+2]: 11
[20:21] <Ash> 1d20
[20:21] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(8)]: 8
[20:22] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[20:22] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(2)+2]: 4
[20:23] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 for Miri
[20:23] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(16)-1 'for Miri']: 15
[20:23] <DM_Tol> -init end
[20:23] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[20:23] <DM_Tol> (action Khophus *snicker* )
[20:24] <Khophus> (I furiously bleed on the ground)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> Miri grabs Khophus and drags him back.
[20:26] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[20:26] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(6)+6]: 12
[20:27] <DM_Tol> A tree swings at Theriand
[20:27] <Theriand> (AC 18)
[20:27] <DM_Tol> and misses.
[20:27] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[20:27] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(17)+6]: 23
[20:28] <Ash> (The other pulls out a corked baseball bat, and goes to town on Theriand's manhood.)
[20:28] <DM_Tol> (oops, sorry… first one was at Dylan What’s your ac?
[20:28] <Theriand> (*takes it like a man, and shoves his testicles back down his throat*)
[20:29] <DM_Tol> 2d6+4 vs Theriand bludgeoning
[20:29] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d6(9)+4 'vs Theriand bludgeoning']: 13
[20:29] <DM_Tol> You can see that the trees move very slowly.
[20:29] <DM_Tol> (Therian, then Ash
[20:29] * Theriand uses his full turn to move away in such a manner as to not provoke an AoO
[20:30] <Theriand> (so probably 1 sqare?)
[20:30] * Theriand is also very visibily hurt (2hp left)
[20:30] * Dylan wonder why they never retreat
[20:31] <Theriand> (how the mage ended up in the front row I have no idea ;) )
[20:31] <DM_Tol> ( lol )
[20:31] <DM_Tol> ( prolly my doing )
[20:31] * Ash will reach down and use CLW on Khophus and mummble a healing word at Theriand.
[20:32] <DM_Tol> Therian disengages. Ash then Dylan)
[20:32] <Ash> 1d8+2 hp to Khophus
[20:32] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(7)+2 'hp to Khophus']: 9
[20:32] <Theriand> (not used to me playing casters now are ya lol)
[20:32] <Ash> 1d4+2 hps to Theriand.
[20:32] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(4)+2 'hps to Theriand.']: 6
[20:32] <Theriand> “T-Thanks!”
[20:33] * Khophus gasps
[20:33] * Ash then steps away from the tree he's next to towards a rock for cover.
[20:33] <Dylan> (leme check the map for something)
[20:33] <DM_Tol> ( k )
[20:34] <Dylan> (how damaged do the tree's look?)
[20:35] <DM_Tol> (they look like regular trees. i don’t think y’all have done any damage)
[20:35] * Khophus snorts flickers of brazen flame from his nostrils.
[20:36] <Dylan> (are they moving? or are they rooted?)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> (they look like they can move, but very slowly)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> (action plz(
[20:37] * Dylan moves out of range of the trees heading south
[20:38] <Dylan> “Why are we fighting hand to hand with trees? Why don't we stay out of their reach and set them on fire?”
[20:39] <Khophus> (What's the scale of the map? 1 square equals…?)
[20:39] <Khophus> “I agree.”
[20:40] <DM_Tol> -init report
[20:40] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[20:40] <DM_Tol> *round 2*
[20:40] <DM_Tol> (move yourself, Dylan)
[20:41] <DM_Tol> (khop, then Miri)
[20:41] * Khophus scrambles up to the tree that hit him. He roars once, then breathes out a gout of flame.
[20:42] <Khophus> (DC12 dex save, or 2d6 points of sweet, sweet fire damage)
[20:44] <DM_Tol> 1d20-2 save DC12
[20:44] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(10)-2 'save DC12']: 8 (Fail)
[20:44] <Khophus> (Hahahahahaaa!)
[20:44] <DM_Tol> (remember to move your characters)
[20:46] <DM_Tol> (rolll the dam)
[20:46] <Khophus> 2d6
[20:46] <TolBot> Khophus's 2d6(6)]: 6
[20:46] <Khophus> (pfft)
[20:47] <DM_Tol> The tree begisn to fry, damage much more than you normally do from your breath attack.
[20:48] * Khophus wobbles a little from the effort.
[20:48] <DM_Tol> Miri steps up “Flame on!” and attacks a tree, as her blade takes on flames.
[20:49] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[20:49] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(17)+4]: 21
[20:50] <DM_Tol> 2d6+4 sword smage
[20:50] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d6(4)+4 'sword smage']: 8
[20:50] <DM_Tol> The sword seems to do less damage to the tree than normal.
[20:50] <DM_Tol> 2d6 fire damage
[20:50] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d6(7) 'fire damage']: 7
[20:50] <DM_Tol> … but the flame attack of the sword does extra damage.
[20:50] <DM_Tol> The trees retaliate.
[20:51] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Miri AC12
[20:51] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(9)+6 'vs Miri AC12']: 15 (Success)
[20:51] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4
[20:51] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(9)+4]: 13
[20:52] <DM_Tol> You can see now the trees have a reach of 10ft (2 squares)
[20:52] <DM_Tol> The tree attacks Khophus in retaliation of the fire.
[20:52] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[20:52] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(9)+6]: 15
[20:52] <Khophus> (Wiff)
[20:53] <DM_Tol> The branch flies overhead.
[20:53] <DM_Tol> Theriand then Ash)
[20:53] <Theriand> (I can cast in melee it's at disadvantage right?)
[20:54] <DM_Tol> (only disadv if it’s a range attack)
[20:55] * Theriand burning hands the nearest tree, (DC13 dex save or half damage, range is self so yea)
[20:55] <Theriand> 3d6
[20:55] <TolBot> Theriand's 3d6(11)]: 11
[20:56] <DM_Tol> 1d20-2 dc13
[20:56] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(6)-2 'dc13']: 4 (Fail)
[20:56] <DM_Tol> (tree on right or left?)
[20:56] <DM_Tol> The tree flames up.
[20:57] <Theriand> (one that attacked me, so the closest, so my left)
[20:57] <DM_Tol> Ash then Dylan)
[20:57] <Theriand> (plus I don't want to friendly-fire Miri lol)
[20:57] <Ash> 1d20+4 Sacred Flame vs. that same tree
[20:57] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(8)+4 'Sacred Flame vs. that same tree']: 12
[20:58] <DM_Tol> (miss)
[20:58] * Ash grumbles.
[21:00] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[21:00] * Dylan looks for something to set on fire
[21:01] <DM_Tol> (You are standing beside a normal tree)
[21:01] <DM_Tol> (afk a minute)
[21:01] * Dylan grabs a branch and runs up to the tree and tries to set it on fire
[21:05] <Dylan> (the branch i mean)
[21:06] <DM_Tol> (hmm, what now?)
[21:06] <DM_Tol> (like, ignite a branch from flames on the tree monsters?)
[21:06] <DM_Tol> (cause those fire attacks so far are not enduring… so nothing to ignite from)
[21:07] <Dylan> (oh… hmm )
[21:07] <DM_Tol> (pretty sure that’s how it works… can’t use as a source unless it specified that something catches fire with ongoing damage)
[21:08] <DM_Tol> (psst. we’re waiting on you)
[21:08] <Dylan> (yea was thinking for a sec)
[21:08] * Dylan stays out of range of the trees for now
[21:08] <DM_Tol> (next time, think while the others are doing their actions *duck* )
[21:08] <Theriand> (I will say this… from my burning hands: “The fire ignites any flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried.”)
[21:08] * Dylan tries setting the branch on fire with flint and steel
[21:09] <DM_Tol> (Theri, that would for sure apply to other trees and branches at that moment, but he can’t run up after and ignite from the area)
[21:09] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:09] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[21:10] <DM_Tol> Khophus and miri)
[21:10] * Khophus runs up and swings at the tree he set ablaze
[21:11] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[21:11] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(10)+5]: 15
[21:11] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:11] <Khophus> 1d8+3
[21:11] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(1)+3]: 4
[21:11] <Khophus> (*sigh*)
[21:11] <DM_Tol> (what are you attacking with?)
[21:11] <Khophus> (longsword)
[21:11] <DM_Tol> Khophus hits the tree with hsi sword. The damage seems miniscule.
[21:12] * Khophus snarls in frustration
[21:12] <DM_Tol> Miri attacks.
[21:12] <Khophus> (that's it)
[21:12] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:12] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(6)+4]: 10
[21:12] <DM_Tol> and misses
[21:12] <DM_Tol> 1d2
[21:12] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(1)]: 1
[21:12] <DM_Tol> The tree attacks Khophus
[21:12] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[21:12] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+6]: 7 (Tsk, tsk)
[21:12] <DM_Tol> The other tree attacks Miri.
[21:12] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[21:12] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)+6]: 21
[21:13] <DM_Tol> 3d6+6
[21:13] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(13)+6]: 19
[21:13] <Ash> “Don't you people have ranged weapons?”
[21:13] <DM_Tol> Miri looks badly damaged.
[21:13] <DM_Tol> Theriand Ash Dylan)
[21:13] * Theriand roasts the tree again, making sure to angle away from roasting Khophus (burning hands)
[21:13] <Theriand> 3d6
[21:13] <TolBot> Theriand's 3d6(11)]: 11
[21:14] <Dylan> “You know I'm a farmer right?”
[21:14] <DM_Tol> 1d20-2 DC13
[21:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(13)-2 'DC13']: 11 (Fail)
[21:14] <DM_Tol> The tree alights.
[21:14] <DM_Tol> Ash and Dylan)
[21:15] * Ash sighs and tries another Sacred Flame, following it up with a Healing Word for Miri.
[21:15] <Ash> 1d20+4 sacred flame
[21:15] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(12)+4 'sacred flame']: 16
[21:15] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:15] <Ash> 1d8 radiant damage
[21:15] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(2) 'radiant damage']: 2
[21:15] <Ash> 1d4+2 healing on Miri
[21:15] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(3)+2 'healing on Miri']: 5
[21:17] <DM_Tol> Ash does minimal damage to the tree.
[21:17] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[21:17] * Dylan moves to Miri and LOH
[21:17] <DM_Tol> (roll a survival DC10 for lighting the branch btw)
[21:18] <Dylan> 1d20
[21:18] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(4)]: 4
[21:22] <Khophus> (…city boys…)
[21:23] <Dylan> (he's a farmer)
[21:24] <Khophus> (He must be a dirt farmer, then.)
[21:24] <Dylan> (turnip)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (sorry… kids)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (you done, Dylan?)
[21:25] <Dylan> (my LoH on miri…)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:25] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[21:26] * Khophus swings again at the tree.
[21:26] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[21:26] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(17)+5]: 22
[21:26] <Khophus> (Oh, yeah!)
[21:26] <Khophus> 1d8+3
[21:26] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(5)+3]: 8
[21:27] <Khophus> (brb)
[21:27] <DM_Tol> Khophus hits the tree, though his hit seems to do little damage.
[21:28] <Khophus> (Someone conjure a chainsaw!)
[21:28] <DM_Tol> (green lantern style?)
[21:28] <DM_Tol> Miri attacks the tree.
[21:28] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:28] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(3)+4]: 7
[21:28] <DM_Tol> and misses
[21:28] <DM_Tol> The trees retaliate
[21:28] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[21:28] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)+6]: 14
[21:28] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4
[21:28] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(8)+4]: 12
[21:28] <DM_Tol> Mire goes down.
[21:29] <DM_Tol> 1d2
[21:29] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(2)]: 2
[21:29] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Theriand
[21:29] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+6 'vs Theriand']: 25
[21:29] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4 bludgeoning damage
[21:29] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(5)+4 'bludgeoning damage']: 9
[21:29] * Theriand drops like a bag of rocks (at 0hp)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> Theriand save. Ash then Dylan)
[21:30] <Theriand> 1d20
[21:30] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(7)]: 7
[21:31] * Ash groans and moves up to Theriand barking orders at Dylan to get Miri out of there.
[21:32] <Ash> (Double move, end turn)
[21:34] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[21:34] <DM_Tol> (move, Ash)
[21:35] <DM_Tol> Ash I’m confused what your move was… you moved up to Ther, then what?)
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (remember each square is 5ft)
[21:35] <Ash> (I had to double move to reach that spot)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> (you sure?)
[21:36] <Ash> (40' of movement)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> (ok)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Dylan your move)
[21:37] <Dylan> (did the LoH happen last round?)
[21:37] <DM_Tol> (if you rolled it)
[21:37] <Dylan> (whats the roll for LoH?)
[21:37] * Dylan LoH's and drags Miri towards safety
[21:39] <Dylan> (theres no roll for it , its just Lvl X5)
[21:40] <DM_Tol> (ok, just communicate teh HP to whomever)
[21:40] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:40] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[21:40] <DM_Tol> (khop)
[21:42] * Khophus takes another chop
[21:42] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[21:42] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(10)+5]: 15
[21:42] <DM_Tol> (hit. AC13)
[21:42] <Khophus> 1d8+3
[21:42] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(1)+3]: 4
[21:42] <Khophus> (man…)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> Khphus does minimal damage
[21:43] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 at Khophus
[21:43] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(20)+6 'at Khophus']: 26 (Hurray)
[21:43] <Khophus> (My minimalist period)
[21:43] <Khophus> (oh…bother)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4
[21:43] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(12)+4]: 16
[21:44] <DM_Tol> 1d6
[21:44] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d6(2)]: 2
[21:44] <DM_Tol> (18 bludgeoning damage)
[21:44] <Khophus> (-9)
[21:45] <DM_Tol> The tree swings at Ash.
[21:45] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[21:45] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(9)+6]: 15
[21:45] <Ash> (hit)
[21:45] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4
[21:45] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(10)+4]: 14
[21:45] * Ash goes down.
[21:46] <DM_Tol> Dylan the lone standing party member reacts.
[21:46] <DM_Tol> Dylan what are you going to do?)
[21:47] <Theriand> (need my death save? lol)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> (hold off a sec)
[21:47] <Dylan> (shouldn't miri be moving?)
[21:47] <Khophus> (SHould I roll death save? or continue to furiously bleed?)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> Dylan you are 15ft away right now as you drag miri)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> (hold off a sec)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (miri is down. you were dragging her away)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> Dylan are you going to continue dragging her to safety, or what?)
[21:50] <Dylan> (even with the 10 hp from LoH?)
[21:51] <DM_Tol> (Ok, sorry I didn’t act on that… she’s not here)
[21:51] <DM_Tol> Miri grabs Ash and drags Ash behind a tree.
[21:51] <DM_Tol> (dylan, action?)
[21:51] * Dylan moves the grab Khompus and drag him back towards safety
[21:52] <Theriand> (Hello Afterlife, I shall see you soon, as these trees are going to beat on me XD)
[21:52] <DM_Tol> (move it)
[21:53] <Dylan> (done)
[21:53] <DM_Tol> (save, Khoph)
[21:54] <Khophus> (satraight 1d20?)
[21:54] <DM_Tol> (yes)
[21:54] <Khophus> 1d20
[21:54] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(20)]: 20 (You da man.)
[21:54] <DM_Tol> (you are stabilized)
[21:54] <Khophus> (YAAA! Only quasi-dead!)
[21:54] <DM_Tol> The tree swipes at Dylan.
[21:54] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6
[21:54] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(11)+6]: 17
[21:55] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4
[21:55] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(5)+4]: 9
[21:55] <Dylan> (standing but barely)
[21:55] <DM_Tol> (9hps to Dylan if 17 hits)
[21:56] <DM_Tol> Miri moves up and drags Theriand behind a tree.
[21:56] <DM_Tol> (Therian, save, Ash save)
[21:56] <Theriand> 1d20
[21:56] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(2)]: 2
[21:56] <DM_Tol> (that 2 fails for you?)
[21:56] <Theriand> (thats 2!)
[21:56] <Theriand> (I was expecting a Nat1… XD)
[21:57] <DM_Tol> (was close)
[21:57] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[21:57] <Ash> 1d20
[21:57] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(4)]: 4
[21:57] <DM_Tol> (Dylan… gonna keep dragging as far as you can?)
[21:58] * Khophus stands up, leaning on his sword
[21:58] <DM_Tol> (it’s half speed dragging Khoph)
[21:58] <DM_Tol> (Therian, did you heal?)
[21:58] <DM_Tol> (er… Khpoh. I think with the nat 20, your’e stabilized but not concious?)
[21:58] <Theriand> (The Heal from the Healing Word put me up to 9, then the tree hit me for 9.. I haven't been healed since)
[21:59] <Ash> (Nat 20 is a hp back)
[21:59] * Dylan keeps dragging
[21:59] <DM_Tol> (you’re right, you are at 1hp, Khop)
[21:59] <Ash> (I believe)
[21:59] <Khophus> (Can I spend a bonus action now?)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> Dylan Khophus is awake as you drag him (move your character)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (no, khophus)
[22:00] <Khophus> (dang)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (move you and khoph half your speed)
[22:01] <DM_Tol> -init report
[22:01] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[22:02] <DM_Tol> (khop)
[22:02] <Khophus> (Second wind)
[22:02] <Khophus> 1d10+2
[22:02] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d10(2)+2]: 4
[22:02] <Khophus> (OH! COME! ON!)
[22:03] <DM_Tol> Miri attempts to stabilize Theriand.
[22:03] <DM_Tol> 1d20
[22:03] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)]: 19
[22:04] <DM_Tol> One tree, its opponents down or out of sight behind the tree, moves back to its spot.
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (Dylan… you gotta move yourself too from last round)
[22:05] <Dylan> (sorry dealing with…. wife)
[22:05] <DM_Tol> (khop, you didn’t finish your action… you healed, what else? no move? no action?)
[22:06] <Khophus> (holding action until attack)
[22:06] <Khophus> (sorry)
[22:06] <DM_Tol> 1d2
[22:06] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(2)]: 2
[22:06] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Dylan
[22:06] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(12)+6 'vs Dylan']: 18
[22:06] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4
[22:06] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(9)+4]: 13
[22:06] <DM_Tol> Dylan goes down.
[22:06] <Dylan> (uhm.. i should be out of range by tree shouldn't I?)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> (did you move remembering that each square is 5ft?)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> (cause doesn’t look liek to me)
[22:07] <Dylan> (you dont have it represented that a tree occupies … 15 feet)
[22:08] <Dylan> (or is a tree using ranged attacks?)
[22:08] <DM_Tol> (they don’t. But is DID say they have a reach of 10ft)
[22:08] <Dylan> (which by my read put me outside of range)
[22:09] <Dylan> (2 boxes which i am outside of, they would need 10+ to reach me)
[22:10] <Ash> (I see only Khophus in range of a tree)
[22:10] <DM_Tol> (ah, right. He has one more step left)
[22:10] <DM_Tol> (The tree has now moved 4 squares. It’s speed is 20ft)
[22:11] <DM_Tol> (I started to move him, then rolled which of you it attacked. You lost)
[22:11] <Dylan> (ok)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> -init report
[22:12] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[22:12] <DM_Tol> (khop, then Miri)
[22:12] * Khophus steps up and swings twice (Action, then Action Surge)
[22:13] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[22:13] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(17)+5]: 22
[22:13] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[22:13] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[22:13] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(5)+5]: 10
[22:13] <DM_Tol> (miss)
[22:13] <Khophus> 1d8+3
[22:13] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(4)+3]: 7
[22:13] <Khophus> (better – now I die)
[22:13] <DM_Tol> Khophus barely damages the tree.
[22:13] <DM_Tol> Miri takes his que and attacks.
[22:14] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[22:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(13)+4]: 17
[22:14] <DM_Tol> 2d6+4
[22:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d6(10)+4]: 14
[22:14] <DM_Tol> 2d6 fire
[22:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d6(11) 'fire']: 11
[22:14] <DM_Tol> Miri does tones of damage as the fire seems to double.
[22:14] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 at Miri
[22:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(7)+6 'at Miri']: 13
[22:15] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4
[22:15] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(11)+4]: 15
[22:15] <DM_Tol> Miri falls again after getting pummeled by the tree.
[22:15] <DM_Tol> Theriand
[22:15] <DM_Tol> (Theriand)
[22:15] <Theriand> (Am I still out, or death save?)
[22:15] <DM_Tol> (you were stabilized. so at 1 hp)
[22:16] <DM_Tol> (no, you are at 0hp and unconcious)
[22:16] <DM_Tol> Ash save)
[22:16] * Theriand puts some more distance between him and the tree and lobs a firebolt at it
[22:16] <Theriand> (err, ok)
[22:18] <DM_Tol> Dylan save)
[22:18] <Dylan> 1d20
[22:18] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(10)]: 10
[22:18] <Ash> 1d20
[22:18] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(3)]: 3
[22:18] <DM_Tol> -init report
[22:18] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Miri 15, Trees, 12, Theriand 11, Ash 8, Dylan 4
[22:18] <DM_Tol> (khophus)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (whose up? Khopus and ?)
[22:20] <DM_Tol> (no one, right? Ther is stable, other three are dying)
[22:20] <Theriand> (I don't think so, it'll be a TPK soon)
[22:20] <DM_Tol> Khophus you see the group around you fallen. (Do you attempt to fell the tree, or retreat?)
[22:21] <DM_Tol> The tree looks damaged, but not enough for you to kill it with one blow.
[22:22] <DM_Tol> (KHOPHUS?)
[22:22] * Khophus grabs Dylan and Miri dropping his sword
[22:22] * Khophus grabs them back
[22:23] <Theriand> (I need to bail shortly, jus' realized how long of a drive I have in the morning so I have to get up earlier…guess I should have looked sooner lol)
[22:23] <Khophus> (drags them back)
[22:24] <Khophus> (done)
[22:24] <DM_Tol> The tree remains still and does not follow your retreat.
[22:25] <DM_Tol> As you contineu to drag off, the tree returns to its place.
[22:25] * Khophus looks to the others
[22:26] <DM_Tol> One by one, outside of threat, you all manage to get stabilized.
[22:27] * Khophus scurries up and gets his sword
[22:27] <DM_Tol> Khophus drags you each behind trees and rocks, all o f you unconcious.
[22:28] <DM_Tol> After an hour, you each begin to regain conciousness (you’re at 1HP)
[22:28] <DM_Tol> * As this sesson comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_6_-_8-13-2017_-_tree_pked.txt · Last modified: 2017/08/20 23:39 (external edit)