Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/4/4822ce12175deb3bbd2df3d456adb71c.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_5_-_7-16-2017_-_castles_and_trees
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/4/4822ce12175deb3bbd2df3d456adb71c.xhtml failed

[20:34] <DM_Tol> * Game Recap *
[20:34] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as Khophus
[20:35] <DM_Tol> The group last session adventured the day’s journey and found the abandoned castle of which Neoma spoke. Just in the distance it rose from a hilltop, but before approaching, you were set on by a couple creatues Neoma identified as Quasits.
[20:35] * Ryu is now known as Theriand
[20:36] <DM_Tol> This confirms for here that it is in fact an other planar Demon that has made its nest in these lands.
[20:37] <DM_Tol> Neoma cast another enhancement ritual upon your party. You sleep through the night and awaken with your abiliteis enhanced once more.
[20:38] <DM_Tol> * As this 5th session of “Heroes of Azod” begins *
[20:38] <DM_Tol> You one by one awaken from an awkward positioned sleep inside the magical dome of Neoma’s dwelling.
[20:38] * Khophus frowns…
[20:39] * Ash rubs the kinks out of his joints using techniques developed from years of living on the streets.
[20:39] * Khophus stands up, stretches and puts on his armor.
[20:40] <Atreyu> “You know… I never even thought about armor. Where do I get that?”
[20:41] <Khophus> “At the blacksmith's. it's expensive but worth it.”
[20:42] <Theriand> (nick Atreyu)
[20:42] * Atreyu is now known as Dylan
[20:42] <Dylan> “I'm gonna go buy some.”
[20:42] * Theriand scratches his head in confusion, wondering how he met the floor
[20:42] <Dylan> “When I can”
[20:44] * Khophus buckles his sword belt around his waist.
[20:44] <Khophus> “Well…now what?”
[20:44] * Dylan shrugs
[20:45] <Ash> “Perhaps we do more scouting, until we are comfortable with our new abilities?
[20:45] <Khophus> “We're off to fight demons? Did I hear that right?”
[20:45] * Miri shrugs “no idea.”
[20:46] <Khophus> “I'm already comfortable. I mean – poppa always said it doesn't take a lot of brains to keep the peace.”
[20:46] <DM_Tol> Neoma is stationary, in a trance, kneeling beside the large wooden block.
[20:47] <DM_Tol> (writing letters, apparently.)
[20:48] <DM_Tol> (wait, I had it right)
[20:48] <Theriand> (sorry, trying to take care of a headache…)
[20:51] <Ash> “So?”
[20:52] * Khophus shrugs his shoulders.
[20:52] * Dylan stares blankly
[20:54] <DM_Tol> Time passes as you piddle.
[20:55] <Theriand> (alright its tolerable now)
[20:55] * Ash lets out a long sigh.
[20:55] <Theriand> “So, whats our next task?”
[20:55] <Dylan> (no I really have no idea what we're supposed to do..)
[20:55] <Ash> “Get up off your arses and lets go. We'll scout the country side around the castle to see if there are any more creatures lurking about that can give us more clues as to what is in the castle.”
[20:56] * Khophus nods – slightly grateful for direction.
[20:56] <Khophus> “Yes, sir.”
[20:56] * Theriand gets up off his arse and looks at Ash “I was quiet comfortable, but if you insist…“
[20:57] * Dylan nods and follows
[20:57] <DM_Tol> After a bit, Neoma comes to life, “You are awakened. Good. How do you feel?”
[20:58] <Khophus> “As always…?”
[20:59] <Theriand> “Remind me to sit down before this happens again, if it does…” he rubs his forehead
[20:59] * Khophus looks to the others for some sort of clue as to how to answer that question
[21:00] <Dylan> “I guess fine, a lot is happening”
[21:01] <DM_Tol> You have a metallic taste in your mouth just like the last time. You feel more able as you try out your newly burgeoning abilities.
[21:02] <Khophus> “I think we know what to do…but if you could help us as to *what* to look for?”
[21:02] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods.
[21:02] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I have been researching.”
[21:02] <DM_Tol> “I do not know who or what has invaded your lands, but it seems clear to be from one of the demonic plains.”
[21:03] <DM_Tol> “The primary question is, how did it get here. There are safeguards in place… there must be some crack in the veil, some portal.”
[21:03] <Miri> “So how do we fix it?”
[21:03] <DM_Tol> “This castle may hold a clue. But all we can do for now, is explore.“
[21:04] <DM_Tol> “When you feel ready, you must go to the castle. Find what is there to find. report back when you can or when you must.”
[21:04] <DM_Tol> “I can not see inside the sructure… but I suspect there must be more than meets the eye.”
[21:05] <Khophus> “What's a demonic plane?”
[21:06] <DM_Tol> Neoma paces: “This plain of existence wehre you dwell… it is not the only one.
[21:06] <Khophus> “Where are the others, then?”
[21:06] * Khophus looks around
[21:06] <DM_Tol> “There are other plains… some parallel, some elemental, some of evil or chaotic attribute.”
[21:07] <DM_Tol> “They are unseen by the mundane.“
[21:07] * Ash paces a bit restless to move.
[21:09] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “ There are situations, circumstances, ancient relics, powerful magic, that can breech from one dimension to another. I, too, am not from this world.”
[21:10] * Khophus frowns again… “And such a breach is allowing these things to come through?”
[21:12] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I do not know, yet.”
[21:15] <Khophus> .me nods. “I will head to teh castle, then and report back.”
[21:15] * Dylan listens and nods
[21:15] <Miri> “Shouldn't we all go?”
[21:15] <Dylan> “I too will go”
[21:16] <Ash> “Let's go.”
[21:17] * Khophus gathers his things and heads out the door.
[21:17] <DM_Tol> Neoma bows to you.
[21:17] * Theriand gathers and follows quietly
[21:17] * Miri follows.
[21:17] <DM_Tol> “I wish you luck… return to me when you can or must.“
[21:18] <Khophus> “With news. Not until then.”
[21:19] * Khophus walks out to the wall, then stops suddenly.
[21:21] <DM_Tol> You move through the exterior of the space, tingling, out into the morning air. Azod is off to the north in the distance.
[21:21] * Khophus sighs and walks through the dome with his eyes closed.
[21:21] <Khophus> “Need to get used to that.”
[21:22] <Ash> “It is an experience one needs to get used to.”
[21:22] * Khophus breathes heavily. “Well, let's get going.”
[21:24] <Dylan> “Maybe I should get armor before we go to the castle?”
[21:24] <Dylan> (how far are we from town?)
[21:25] * Miri rolls her eyes “a shopping trip? really?”
[21:25] <Khophus> “You can stand behind me.”
[21:25] <Theriand> “You're just upset because he wants to go shopping before you do, Miri
[21:27] * Miri growls at Theriand “watch it magic boy”
[21:27] <DM_Tol> Some of you venture into town to the smithery of Azod.
[21:28] <DM_Tol> (you can make any PHB purchase.)
[21:28] * Khophus shrugs and follows along.
[21:28] <Khophus> (if I pencil in something in the PHB and give it a price, can I buy it?)
[21:29] * Dylan buys chain
[21:29] <Theriand> (Ring of Unlimited Gold +5, 1gp)
[21:29] <Miri> (did we get gold? i can't remember if we did or if i added it)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> (You can find any nonmagical pHB item, if you can afford it)
[21:30] <Theriand> (Actually, Ring of Midas' Touch, Free : Anything you touch while wearing the ring turns to gold)
[21:32] <Dylan> (does anyone have a phb handy?)
[21:32] <Khophus> (yes)
[21:32] <Dylan> (price of chain?)
[21:33] <Khophus> (50 for the shirt, 75 for the whole armor)
[21:34] <Dylan> (and we started with 32 plus our starting amount?)
[21:35] <Dylan> (whats the price of split mail?)
[21:35] <Dylan> (splint)
[21:36] <Theriand> (200)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> (you won’t be close to that)
[21:36] <Theriand> (Ring is 30)
[21:37] <Dylan> (splint is more expensive than chain? hmm)
[21:39] <Khophus> (welcome to capitalism)
[21:39] <DM_Tol> (lemme know when ready to go)
[21:39] <Khophus> (ready)
[21:40] <Ash> (I've been ready)
[21:40] <Theriand> (ready freddy)
[21:40] <Dylan> (ok I'm ready, going with Hide Mail)
[21:40] <Dylan> (hide)
[21:41] <Dylan> (10gp)
[21:41] <Khophus> (the tricky lart of breeding cattle so that their hide is natually curly)
[21:41] * Dylan returns with armor and some provisions ready to go
[21:42] <Khophus> “Are we ready to go?”
[21:42] <Dylan> “I am ready to go”
[21:42] <Ash> “I've been ready.”
[21:43] <Miri> “ready”
[21:43] <Dylan> “Ok, so we are going to the castle? Do we have some sort of game plan in case we have another encounter?”
[21:43] <Khophus> “Fight.”
[21:43] <DM_Tol> It felt good to spend the morning in and around Azod. It is, still, home. Some of you saw faces you know, and avoided questions of your whereabouts of late.
[21:43] <DM_Tol> You move away from the town, and begin your journey south.
[21:45] * Theriand walks quietly
[21:46] <DM_Tol> As you move along, the sand dunes are off on your right, between you adn the sea beyond. the rolling hills to your left and ahead of you.
[21:46] <DM_Tol> After a day’s journey, along a now known to you path, you make your way within sight of the castle in the distance.
[21:46] * Khophus drifts towards Miri.
[21:46] <Khophus> “Are you doing well?”
[21:46] <DM_Tol> You near the place where you discovered the Quasits (or they discovered you)
[21:46] * Miri arches a brow towards Khophus “aye.”
[21:46] <DM_Tol> Daylight begins to fade.
[21:47] <Khophus> “Good. Just remember if things get bad…run.”
[21:47] <Ash> “We should probably find a safe spot to sleep for the night. If they have guards like Azod, they won't appreciate finding us out here sleeping.
[21:48] * Theriand looks to Khophus “You don't have to be the fastest runner either, just not the slowest, they're bait,” he laughs.
[21:49] * Khophus shrugs his shoulders. “If I have to be sacrificed to save others – so be it.”
[21:50] <DM_Tol> Ash if you’re gonna scout for a good camp, roll survival)
[21:51] <Ash> 1d20+4 survival
[21:51] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(9)+4 'survival']: 13
[21:51] <Theriand> 1d20-1 (survival, I was a scout so I might as well look too)
[21:51] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(11)-1 '(survival, I was a scout so I might as well look too)']: 10
[21:51] <DM_Tol> (and anyone esle if you like)
[21:52] <Miri> 1d20+2
[21:52] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(12)+2]: 14
[21:52] <Khophus> 1d20
[21:52] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(15)]: 15
[21:52] <Khophus> (bwaaahahahaa)
[21:52] <Miri> (we're screwed)
[21:53] <DM_Tol> You scout the area, and find an inset of a hillside, eroded away on a side such that it creates an overhang, with a tree in front of it.
[21:53] <Khophus> “This looks good.”
[21:53] <Khophus> “Tactically sound.”
[21:53] <Khophus> (brb)
[21:53] <Miri> “I'll take first watch tonight”
[21:54] <Theriand> “and if something comes from above, they can drop it on our heads… atleast it'll be quick and easy clean up”
[21:54] <Ash> “Cover to protect you from a passerby's gaze.”
[21:57] * Theriand finds himself a cozy spot
[21:57] * Khophus beds down, not taking off his armor and resting his sword on his chest.
[21:57] <Dylan> “So are we going to have watches?”
[21:58] <Miri> “I already said i'd take first watch”
[21:58] * Theriand plays around with Prestidigitation trying to figure out what he can do with it
[21:58] * Miri lifts her sword and rest it on her shoulder.
[21:58] <Dylan> “I guess I will take the last early morning watch”
[21:59] <Khophus> “I'll take the darkest watch.”
[21:59] <DM_Tol> Therian, you move a stick around, and then clean the sleeves on your shirt.
[21:59] <Dylan> “I'm used to waking up early to feed to cows anyway”
[21:59] <Ash> “I can see in the dark, so anytime it is dark would be preferred.”
[21:59] <DM_Tol> (Watches: 1. Miri 2. Khophus 3. Theriand 4. Dylan)
[21:59] <Theriand> “I'll take a darktime watch…“
[21:59] <Dylan> “Ok”
[22:00] * Dylan goes to sleep
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (I’m gonna always assume this watch order from now on unless you RP otherwise)
[22:00] * Theriand makes the smell of fried chicken with a hint of dirty socks in Khophus' general area
[22:01] <Ash> (I get to sleep all night then?)
[22:01] <Miri> (looks like it)
[22:01] <DM_Tol> (lol, left you out)
[22:02] <DM_Tol> (Watches: 1. Miri 2. Khophus 3. Ash 4. Theriand 5. Dylan)
[22:02] <DM_Tol> (that work?)
[22:02] <DM_Tol> 100%
[22:02] * Khophus sniffs in his sleep, rolls over and continues on.
[22:02] <Ash> (Sure)
[22:02] <DM_Tol> -1d100
[22:02] <DM_Tol> 1d100
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d100(44)]: 44
[22:02] <DM_Tol> (like I forgot how my bot works)
[22:02] <DM_Tol> 1d5
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d5(2)]: 2
[22:03] <Ash> (It's ok, old age takes its toll on people in different ways. :P )
[22:03] <DM_Tol> Khophus you hear something nearby in flight in the night, but nothing comes of it.
[22:03] <DM_Tol> / bankick Ash
[22:05] * Khophus listens close for a few minutes, then thinks nothing of it and goes back to walking his mini-beat
[22:05] <DM_Tol> Evening passes and you awake, quite pleased with your resting place.
[22:07] * Khophus takes a quick nap
[22:07] <Khophus> (brb again)
[22:09] * Khophus wakes up with the others.
[22:10] * Theriand wakes up with a big yawn
[22:11] * Khophus scratches his head and looks around, mentally counting off everyone and making sure the counts right.
[22:12] * Ash picks some dirt out of his fingernails with his knife.
[22:12] <Khophus> “So – how will we scout out the castle?”
[22:12] <Theriand> “Very carefully”
[22:14] * Khophus narrows his eyes at Theriand.
[22:14] <Khophus> “Excellent…“
[22:15] <DM_Tol> You finished your morning preparations and prepare to head to the castle.
[22:15] <Ash> “How does anybody scout something. Watch it from a distance for a while, discover patterns and weaknesses, and then exploit them.
[22:15] * Khophus sticks to the middle of the group
[22:15] <Khophus> “I wouldn't know, I was never a scout.”
[22:16] <Dylan> “I don't know, I grew up on a farm. I think the stories say that someone who is sneaky should go ahead and come back if they see something..”
[22:16] <DM_Tol> You journey toward the castle. There remain a decent number of trees scattered about, and still the occassional rock or boulder.
[22:19] * Khophus starts to move from tree to tree
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (Roll stealth all)
[22:19] <Miri> 1d20-1
[22:19] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(3)-1]: 2
[22:20] <Ash> (Before sneaking around, I'd likely remove my armor.)
[22:20] <Miri> (lmao)
[22:20] <Ash> 1d20+2
[22:20] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(10)+2]: 12
[22:20] <Khophus> 1d20+1
[22:20] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(18)+1]: 19
[22:20] <Khophus> (Ha!)
[22:20] <Dylan> 1d20
[22:20] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(4)]: 4
[22:20] <Theriand> 1d20+2
[22:20] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(13)+2]: 15
[22:21] <DM_Tol> You move from tree to tree to rock and get closer to the castle, within 100ft of the front, which faces you to the north.
[22:22] <Khophus> (Do I see activity?)
[22:22] <DM_Tol> The castle is clearly within ruins… some 130 ft across at the front, the entrance’s gates have long since been removed.
[22:22] <DM_Tol> (all roll perception)
[22:22] <Ash> 1d20+2
[22:22] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(12)+2]: 14
[22:23] <Miri> 1d20
[22:23] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(11)]: 11
[22:24] <Dylan> (yesterday soemoene threw a pizza at my door, today someone is playing greensleeves outside. What kinda of neighbourhood do I live in???)
[22:24] <DM_Tol> (i sketched it out: http://bit.ly/battlegrid )
[22:24] <DM_Tol> You do not see or hear any sign of activity.
[22:25] <Khophus> (One that's infested with bards, apparently)
[22:26] <Dylan> (wielding pizzas)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> (Going to enter the gate?)
[22:26] <Theriand> (*yells, “Hey You Guiz!”*)
[22:27] <Miri> (*falls over asleep*)
[22:27] * Dylan enters the gate
[22:27] * Khophus walks up to the gate, clearing his throat and preparing his speech.
[22:28] * Theriand stealthly enteres
[22:28] <Theriand> 1d20+2 stealth
[22:28] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(15)+2 'stealth']: 17
[22:28] <Dylan> “Why would they remove the gates?”
[22:28] <Ash> “Hang back and watch for a while.”
[22:29] <DM_Tol> Ash was that an emote?)
[22:29] <DM_Tol> (ah you were suggesting)
[22:30] <Khophus> muttering: “Greetings, I am Khophus…I wish to enquire as to whether or not you are using planar beings for nefarious purposes. If so, I demand that you stand down.”
[22:30] <DM_Tol> As you move to the gate, the wind perhaps blows, and the two trees flanking you move in the breeze.
[22:31] <DM_Tol> …on second look, the trees attack you with swift fury.
[22:31] <Ash> (That was not an emote)
[22:31] <Khophus> “Stand down? St–auuugh!”
[22:31] * Ash shakes his head.
[22:32] <Theriand> (“You're a vegan! Eat the damned tree!”)
[22:32] <DM_Tol> 1d3
[22:32] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d3(1)]: 1
[22:33] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 tree branch slam on Khophus
[22:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(14)+6 'tree branch slam on Khophus']: 20
[22:33] <DM_Tol> 1d3
[22:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d3(1)]: 1
[22:33] <DM_Tol> 1d3
[22:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d3(2)]: 2
[22:33] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 tree branch slam on Dylan
[22:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(16)+6 'tree branch slam on Dylan']: 22
[22:34] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4 bludgeoning damage Khophus
[22:34] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(16)+4 'bludgeoning damage Khophus']: 20
[22:34] <DM_Tol> 3d6+4 bludgeoning damage Dylan
[22:34] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 3d6(7)+4 'bludgeoning damage Dylan']: 11
[22:35] <Theriand> (good night Gracie)
[22:35] <DM_Tol> The two trees flanking the gates animate and come alive as they fiercely attack two party members.
[22:35] <Khophus> (TREES ARE EVIL! I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS! NOW DO YOU BELIEVE ME!?)
[22:35] <Dylan> (31 dmg?)
[22:36] <DM_Tol> (11 to you, Dylan)
[22:36] <Dylan> (gotcha)
[22:36] * Khophus flies limply through the air, landing in a crumpled heap.
[22:36] * Theriand slowly backs away, trying to put some distance between himself and the trees
[22:36] <Khophus> (I'm at zero)
[22:37] <DM_Tol> Khophus goes down as the rest of you make ready what to do.
[22:37] <DM_Tol> * as this session of “Heroes of Azod” comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_5_-_7-16-2017_-_castles_and_trees.txt · Last modified: 2017/07/17 03:39 (external edit)