Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:the_forth:session_3_-_6-25-2017_-_dicey_might

[20:05] <DM_Tol> * Recap *
[20:05] <DM_Tol> When we left off, the newly formed band of heroes-in-the-making left the abode of Neoma, the otherworldly creature that summoned them to this life of intrigue.
[20:07] <DM_Tol> After discussing the presence of a an other-dimensional evil being taking residence in a castle to the south, you were sent first to investigate the unnatural animal sightings, which include the slaughtering of herds of cattle sheep and goats.
[20:08] <DM_Tol> You mission is to find the unnatural beasts causing the harm, and bring back a specimen, dead or alive, to Neoma to help her ascertain what we’re up against.
[20:08] <DM_Tol> The group gathered info from farm to farm south of Azod, when they arrived at on stricken locale. You spied a goat drug under the tall grass and bleating as you hear in the distance it being carted away.
[20:09] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as Khophus
[20:09] <DM_Tol> * As the third session of “Heroes of Azod” begins *
[20:09] <DM_Tol> “bleeeeeh”
[20:09] <DM_Tol> “bleeeeeh”
[20:09] * Khophus rushes to the where the goat was standing.
[20:09] * @Magestar also rushes to the location of the goat.
[20:09] <Theriand> “Hi Goat, Bye Goat…“
[20:10] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[20:10] <DM_Tol> You make it to the spot alongside a fence, and see the signs of the creature being dragged away. You can faintly hear the comotion to the south of you.
[20:11] * Khophus hops the fence and rushes ahead.
[20:12] * Ash also gives chase.
[20:12] <Khophus> “GOING ALONG THE SOUTH!”
[20:12] * Miri follows
[20:12] <Theriand> (brb, need to clean the chompers and put them away for the night)
[20:13] <Khophus> (tracking something is…nature?)
[20:14] <Khophus> (no – survival – ya! a 0 modifier rather than -1!)
[20:14] * Khophus gets his sword and shield out
[20:15] <DM_Tol> (everyone post your speed)
[20:15] <Ash> (30)
[20:15] <Miri> (30)
[20:16] <Khophus> 30
[20:16] <DM_Tol> As you run at double speed, you sense you are gaining on the fleeing goat, which is flying off at surprising speed.
[20:16] <Khophus> (flying as in above the ground?)
[20:18] <Ash> (I think “being moved rapidly by something”)
[20:18] <Khophus> “Why *pant* couldn't I *puff* *huff* have *gasp* wings? *wheeeeeze*”
[20:18] <DM_Tol> (moving rapidly)
[20:18] <Theriand> (Speed 30)
[20:19] <DM_Tol> You leave the confines of the field and down a hillside, where you can see the goat being drug as the grass has cleared.
[20:19] <Ash> (Some roofies, and there you go goat…)
[20:20] <Khophus> (I told you – I confused those with my allergy medication when he asked for something to clear his hay fever)
[20:21] <DM_Tol> Ahead you see that the goat is being dragged (sp?) by another animal… which disappears around a small boulder.
[20:21] <DM_Tol> ( bit.ly/battlegrid )
[20:22] <Khophus> (I want to try to jump up on the top of the boulder)
[20:23] <DM_Tol> You slow as you approach. YOu can see an enlarged badger standing over a goat.
[20:24] <Khophus> “Good news, no arrests…“
[20:24] <Theriand> (badger badger badger on noes its a snake~)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (one of you still is not viewing the battle grid )
[20:24] <Theriand> (it be not me)
[20:25] <Dylan_> (am I with the party?)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> (Yes, why would you not be? Did you not chase?)
[20:26] <DM_Tol> -init rolls plz
[20:26] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[20:26] <Miri> 1d20-1
[20:26] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(13)-1]: 12
[20:27] <Khophus> 1d20+1
[20:27] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(7)+1]: 8
[20:27] <Theriand> 1d20+2
[20:27] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(14)+2]: 16
[20:27] <DM_Tol> 1d20 for Rabid_Animal
[20:27] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4) 'for Rabid_Animal']: 4
[20:27] <Ash> 1d20
[20:27] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(10)]: 10
[20:28] <DM_Tol> (Dylan?)
[20:28] <Dylan_> 1d20
[20:28] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(8)]: 8
[20:28] <DM_Tol> -init end
[20:28] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theriand 16, Miri 12, Ash 10, Khophus 8, Dylan_, 8, Rabid_Animal, 4
[20:29] <Khophus> (each square is 10 feet?)
[20:29] <DM_Tol> (5ft)
[20:29] * Theriand moves, and holds out his hand towards the creature, as a new feeling overcomes him, getting uncomfortably warm (Firebolt)
[20:30] <Khophus> (sorry)
[20:30] <Theriand> 1d20+5 (+3 ability, +5 attack so assuming that I'm using the +5 for this)
[20:30] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(14)+5 '(+3 ability, +5 attack so assuming that I'm using the +5 for this)']: 19
[20:30] <Theriand> (its a cantrip btw)
[20:31] <DM_Tol> (hmm)
[20:32] <Khophus> (the smell of burnt fur…ugg)
[20:33] <DM_Tol> (what is you +5 from? it’s your ability +prof, right?)
[20:33] <Theriand> (sheet says I have a +3 ability modifier, and a +5 attack modifier)
[20:34] <Theriand> (so assumed that this would be using the attack modifier)
[20:34] <DM_Tol> (it does, but your prof is +1, right?)
[20:34] <Theriand> (+2)
[20:34] <Ash> (Sounds right. +3 ability +2 proficiency)
[20:35] <DM_Tol> (well, hit either way, but isn’t proficiency bonus +1?)
[20:36] <Ash> (+2 at first level)
[20:36] <Theriand> 1d10
[20:36] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d10(2)]: 2
[20:36] <Theriand> “What the hell!” he looks at his hands in disbelief.
[20:36] <DM_Tol> (i forgot)
[20:36] <DM_Tol> Theriand blasts the giant badger as it yups.
[20:37] <DM_Tol> (miri, then ash)
[20:37] * Miri moves up next to the badger then takes a swing at it.
[20:37] <Miri> 1d20+4
[20:37] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(14)+4]: 18
[20:38] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[20:38] <Miri> 2d6+4
[20:38] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(4)+4]: 8
[20:38] <DM_Tol> (move yourself on the grid)
[20:38] <Miri> (i dont know how)
[20:39] <Miri> (nm, figured it out hehehe)
[20:39] <DM_Tol> ( type delete, delete, delete… typ M I R I)
[20:39] <DM_Tol> (or can copy and paste)
[20:39] <DM_Tol> (if you copy and delete instead of cutting, it doesn’t remove the background)
[20:40] <Miri> (ok)
[20:41] <DM_Tol> The Badger snarls as it is hit.
[20:41] <DM_Tol> Ash Khophus)
[20:41] * Ash feels an unfamiliar muscle memory as he casts a spell over his club, enchanting it as he moves to fight the badger. (Bonus: Shillelagh, Standard: Attack)
[20:41] <Ash> 1d20+4
[20:41] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(1)+4]: 5 (Uh oh.)
[20:41] <DM_Tol> (great job RPing the discovery of these abilities… keep it up)
[20:42] <Ash> “EEEEEYAH… whoa wha, oops!”
[20:42] * Khophus rushes forward, shield and sword at the ready.
[20:42] <DM_Tol> Ash drops his weapon, still unfamiliar with it.
[20:43] <Khophus> (how tall is this boulder?)
[20:43] <DM_Tol> (8 ft)
[20:45] <DM_Tol> (the rounder one is 6ft)
[20:45] <DM_Tol> (Khoph… was that it?)
[20:46] <Khophus> (Iused up all my movement this rond, next rond, I am going to hop up on the boulder to get a better advantage…and squish it between my toes)
[20:46] <Khophus> (yeah – that's all I can do now)
[20:46] <DM_Tol> (ok… dylan)
[20:47] <Dylan_> 1d20+2
[20:47] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(1)+2]: 3 (Tsk, tsk)
[20:48] * Dylan_ swings awkwardly with his sword not really knowing what to do
[20:48] <DM_Tol> Dylan’s sword goes flying to the ground as well.
[20:49] <Ash> “I'm glad I'm not the only one.”
[20:49] <DM_Tol> The badger continues to retaliate, as the animal sounds increase, as you realize the badger is not the only creature here, as rabid forms emerge from behind boulders and trees and up from under the ground.
[20:49] <DM_Tol> (hold on to your ankles)
[20:50] * Dylan_ blushes as he goes to retrieve the sword
[20:50] <Khophus> (Well – this is going to be messy)
[20:51] <Dylan_> (whee)
[20:51] <Theriand> (huge badger lol)
[20:52] <Dylan_> (why are they badgering this goat?)
[20:53] <Theriand> (ba-dum toosh)
[20:53] <Dylan_> (my character is too dumb to pun)
[20:53] <Ash> (Well I'm dead… I think I've been stepped on.)
[20:54] <Dylan_> (lucky you guys)
[20:54] <DM_Tol> (grr… one of them isn’t loading… stupid google server)
[20:55] <DM_Tol> You see emerging a giant boar, a rat, and a scorpion.
[20:57] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3 Badger bite at Miri
[20:57] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(2)+3 'Badger bite at Miri']: 5
[20:57] * ^ThEeYe^ (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:57] <DM_Tol> The boar charges Ash.
[20:57] <Miri> (yay missed me)
[20:58] <DM_Tol> 1d20+5 at Ash
[20:58] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(10)+5 'at Ash']: 15
[20:58] <Ash> “um nice boar… nice boa.,..aahhhhh!”
[20:58] <Ash> (hit)
[20:58] <DM_Tol> Ash STR saving throw DC13)
[20:58] <Ash> 1d20+1
[20:58] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(3)+1]: 4
[20:58] <DM_Tol> Ash goes flying to the ground.
[20:58] <DM_Tol> 2d6
[20:58] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d6(11)]: 11
[20:59] <DM_Tol> Ash takes 11 damage
[20:59] <Ash> (TKO!)
[20:59] <Khophus> (stay down, Ash – ham sandwiches are coming up…)
[20:59] <DM_Tol> The Rat Bites at Khoph
[20:59] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[20:59] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4)+4]: 8
[20:59] <Khophus> (No…no he doesn't)
[21:00] <DM_Tol> The scorpion bites at Theriand
[21:00] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:00] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(10)+4]: 14
[21:00] <Theriand> (Miss)
[21:00] <DM_Tol> * Round 2 *
[21:00] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:00] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theriand 16, Miri 12, Ash 10, Khophus 8, Dylan_, 8, Rabid_Animal, 4
[21:01] <Dylan_> 1d20
[21:01] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(18)]: 18
[21:01] * Theriand swings his quarterstaff at the scorpion
[21:01] <Theriand> 1d20+3
[21:01] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(5)+3]: 8
[21:02] <DM_Tol> (miss, Miri)
[21:02] * Miri swings with her sword at the badger again.
[21:02] <Miri> 1d20+4
[21:02] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(16)+4]: 20
[21:02] <Theriand> (going to shift back a square too, if I can without provoking an AoO)
[21:02] <DM_Tol> (hit, roll dam)
[21:02] <Miri> 2d6+4
[21:02] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(9)+4]: 13
[21:02] <DM_Tol> (You can one square, theriand)
[21:02] <DM_Tol> (wait, you already used an action though)
[21:03] <DM_Tol> Miri downs the badger.
[21:03] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[21:03] <Ash> 1d20
[21:03] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(11)]: 11
[21:03] <Ash> (next turn)
[21:03] <Dylan_> (er sorry thought we were redoing it)
[21:04] <Dylan_> (confused lol)
[21:04] <DM_Tol> Theriand you must use an action called Disengage to move away without OA… it is a standard action, so can’t do that and attack)
[21:05] <DM_Tol> You all see Ash on the ground unconcious.
[21:05] <DM_Tol> (Khophus)
[21:06] * Khophus sees Ash go down and changes course to attack the board
[21:07] <DM_Tol> 1d20
[21:07] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(9)]: 9
[21:07] * Khophus slashes hard at the back.
[21:07] <DM_Tol> the rat bites at you and misses
[21:07] <Khophus> 1d20+5 to hit the boar and make ham sandwiches
[21:07] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(15)+5 'to hit the boar and make ham sandwiches']: 20
[21:07] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:08] <Khophus> 1d8+3
[21:08] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(8)+3]: 11
[21:08] <Khophus> (anyone bring honey mustard?)
[21:08] <DM_Tol> Khophus would the boar badly.
[21:09] <DM_Tol> Dylan your turn. There is a rat near you)
[21:09] <DM_Tol> (you can pick up your sword and attack in one round)
[21:10] <DM_Tol> (dylan?)
[21:10] * Dylan_ reaches and grabs and screams “NOOOOO YOU BASTARDS”
[21:10] <Dylan_> (ash)
[21:10] <Dylan_> (loh)
[21:11] <DM_Tol> (ok, how many HPs?)
[21:11] <Dylan_> (how many can he do, no phb poside)
[21:11] <Dylan_> (poolside)
[21:11] <DM_Tol> (5 hps)
[21:12] <DM_Tol> (i think it’s 5 x your level)
[21:13] * Ash gasps for air.
[21:13] <DM_Tol> Ash you regain consciousness, and some health.
[21:14] <DM_Tol> 1d20+5 boar tusk at Khophus
[21:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(2)+5 'boar tusk at Khophus']: 7
[21:14] <Khophus> (nope)
[21:14] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 rat bite at Miri
[21:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(13)+4 'rat bite at Miri']: 17
[21:14] <Khophus> (AC 19)
[21:14] <Miri> (hit)
[21:14] <DM_Tol> 1d4+2 piercing
[21:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d4(3)+2 'piercing']: 5
[21:15] <DM_Tol> (and STR saving throw DC11 to stay on your feet)
[21:15] <Miri> 1d20+4 DC11
[21:15] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(16)+4 'DC11']: 20 (Success)
[21:15] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 Scorpion
[21:15] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+4 'Scorpion']: 23
[21:16] <DM_Tol> The scorpion bites Theriand
[21:16] <DM_Tol> 1d8
[21:16] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d8(3)]: 3
[21:16] <DM_Tol> *round 3 *
[21:16] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:16] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theriand 16, Miri 12, Ash 10, Khophus 8, Dylan_, 8, Rabid_Animal, 4
[21:17] <Theriand> (disadvantage for casting in melee right?)
[21:18] <Miri> (if it's a ranged spell, yes)
[21:18] <Theriand> (I was thinking Magic Missile lol)
[21:18] <Miri> (magic missile just hits)
[21:19] * Theriand holds out his free hand towards the scorpion trying to will the flame blast again, but experiences the force for the first time (Magic Missile)
[21:19] <Theriand> (all 3 at the scorpion lol)
[21:19] <Theriand> 3#1d4+1
[21:19] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d4(1)+1]: 2
[21:19] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d4(3)+1]: 4
[21:19] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d4(1)+1]: 2
[21:20] <DM_Tol> Theirand hits the scorpion that reels in pain, screetching.
[21:20] <DM_Tol> (miri, then Ash)
[21:20] * Miri turns and swings at the rat.
[21:20] <Miri> 1d20+4
[21:20] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(9)+4]: 13
[21:21] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:21] <Miri> 2d6+4
[21:21] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(6)+4]: 10
[21:21] <Theriand> “Again! What did she do to me?!”
[21:21] <DM_Tol> Miri with her newfound abilities splits the rat in half.
[21:21] <DM_Tol> (You can still move, Miri Ash then Khop)
[21:22] <Miri> (i'm good for now)
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (Ash?)
[21:23] * Ash feels different energy this time, as he draws forth another incantation (Bane)
[21:24] <Ash> (3 creatures get saves vs. cha or get -1d4 to all attacks and saves)
[21:24] <DM_Tol> (area of effect?)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (ah, ic)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> 1d20-3
[21:26] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)-3]: 12
[21:26] <DM_Tol> 1d20-4
[21:26] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(10)-4]: 6
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (DC?)
[21:28] <DM_Tol> (khoph and dylan can go)
[21:28] * Khophus swings again
[21:28] <Ash> (DC 12)
[21:28] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[21:28] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(5)+5]: 10
[21:28] <Khophus> (phhbt)
[21:28] <DM_Tol> Khophus misses with a swing.
[21:28] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[21:29] <Khophus> “grrrrrRRRR…“
[21:29] * Dylan_ uses his sword to Ward off any beasts close to his once fallen companion (+2ac)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:30] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4)+4]: 8
[21:30] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:30] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(6)+4]: 10
[21:30] <DM_Tol> The board tusks Khophus (missing)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:30] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(10)+4]: 14
[21:30] <DM_Tol> The scorpion attacks Theriand
[21:31] <DM_Tol> with a vicous bite first.
[21:32] <Theriand> (miss)
[21:32] <DM_Tol> As the bite misses, the stinger comes around.
[21:32] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:32] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(17)+4]: 21
[21:33] <DM_Tol> 1d10+2 piercing damage
[21:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d10(8)+2 'piercing damage']: 10
[21:33] * Theriand drops like a sack of potatos
[21:33] <Theriand> (at -4)
[21:33] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:33] <TolBot> Initiative Order:
[21:33] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Theriand 16, Miri 12, Ash 10, Khophus 8, Dylan_, 8, Rabid_Animal, 4
[21:34] <DM_Tol> (go miri)
[21:34] <Miri> (Ther needs to make a death save)
[21:34] <Dylan_> “Maybe we should ret… Run?”
[21:34] * Miri moves to the scorpion and swings
[21:34] <Miri> 1d20+4
[21:34] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(8)+4]: 12
[21:34] <DM_Tol> (i was gonna give him a pass, but if you insist)
[21:34] <Miri> ( i just thought you forgot)
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (miss)
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[21:37] <Theriand> 1d20 death save
[21:37] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(11) 'death save']: 11
[21:37] * Ash mumbles some sort of strange word and fills Theriand's body with magic.
[21:37] <Ash> 1d4+2 healing word
[21:37] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(3)+2 'healing word']: 5
[21:37] * Ash then withdraws from combat
[21:37] <Theriand> “Owwwwwwwww”
[21:38] <DM_Tol> 1d20+5
[21:38] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(18)+5]: 23
[21:39] <DM_Tol> Ash the boar takes the opportunity to get a tusk in you as you escape.
[21:39] <DM_Tol> 1d6+3
[21:39] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d6(3)+3]: 6
[21:40] <DM_Tol> Khophus then Dylan)
[21:40] * Khophus tries to skewer the boar…
[21:40] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[21:40] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(1)+5]: 6 (Yikes!)
[21:41] <Khophus> (*sigh* He's back…)
[21:41] <DM_Tol> Khophus is the third in the party who drops their weapon.
[21:41] <Ash> (I used a withdraw action, which shouldn't provoke)
[21:41] <Ash> (The spell was a bonus action)
[21:41] <DM_Tol> (You used ‘disengage’?)
[21:41] <Khophus> (Fine…next round I'll jus set that pig on fire and get it over with)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> (Got it. The key word is “disengage”)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> (strike the OA then)
[21:42] <Ash> (Yes, sorry Pathfinder refers to it as Withdraw)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> (there is a boar and a scorpion remaining)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> Ash has left your protective cover)
[21:43] * Dylan_ attacks the boar
[21:43] <Dylan_> 1d20+2
[21:43] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(15)+2]: 17
[21:43] <Dylan_> 2d6
[21:43] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(11)]: 11
[21:44] <DM_Tol> (khophus was your hit on the boar 12?)
[21:44] <Khophus> (That's my sausage!)
[21:44] <DM_Tol> (ah, 11)
[21:44] <DM_Tol> 2d10+2
[21:44] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d10(13)+2]: 15
[21:44] <Khophus> (nope)
[21:45] <DM_Tol> The boar falls down dead from Dylan’s assault.
[21:45] <DM_Tol> The scorpion attacks MIri
[21:46] <DM_Tol> A bite comes at her.
[21:46] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:46] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(2)+4]: 6
[21:46] <Miri> (miss)
[21:46] <DM_Tol> The scorpion follows it up with a poke of the stinger.
[21:47] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[21:47] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(20)+4]: 24 (Most impressive.)
[21:47] <Theriand> (rofl)
[21:48] <Theriand> (nat1 for you, nat1 for you, nat1 for you, nat20 for me!)
[21:48] <DM_Tol> 2d10+2 piercing damage
[21:48] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d10(12)+2 'piercing damage']: 14
[21:49] * Miri passes out, collapsing to the ground.
[21:49] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theriand 16, Miri 12, Ash 10, Khophus 8, Dylan_, 8, Rabid_Animal, 4
[21:49] <Ash> (I'm surprised you had the max hp to survive that hit)
[21:49] <Miri> (i had 10 hp)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (nice)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (bum luck though)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (Theriand)
[21:50] <Miri> (if only it wasn't a crit lol)
[21:50] <Dylan_> (who is the cleric?)
[21:50] <Ash> (Yo)
[21:50] * Theriand tries to bash the scorpion with his quarterstaff again
[21:50] <Theriand> 1d20+3
[21:50] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(13)+3]: 16
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:50] <Theriand> 1d6+1
[21:50] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d6(6)+1]: 7
[21:51] <DM_Tol> Theriand wounds the scorpion
[21:51] <DM_Tol> Miri save, then Ash)
[21:51] * Ash moves to Miri.
[21:51] <Ash> “I think this feels right.”
[21:51] <Miri> 1d20
[21:51] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(8)]: 8
[21:51] * Ash uses “Spare the Dying” on Miri stopping her from dying.
[21:53] <DM_Tol> (that all? Khophus then Dylan)
[21:53] <Ash> (That's all)
[21:54] * Khophus rushes to a good spot, then sucks in his breath…to unleash it in golden flame on the scorpion
[21:55] <Khophus> (the scorpion needs to make a DC 12 dex check…and it's under a hex, I believe)
[21:55] <DM_Tol> (what is the ability?)
[21:55] <Khophus> (BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA! BURN ALL THE BABIES!)
[21:55] <Khophus> (Fire breath since I'm dragonborn)
[21:57] <DM_Tol> (from where you are you will burn Miri and Theriand and not the scorpion)
[21:57] <Khophus> (straight line, not a cone)
[21:57] <DM_Tol> (I’m a nice GM, so guessing that’s not your goal? Gold is a 15ft cone.)
[21:58] <Khophus> (I'm not gold)
[21:58] <DM_Tol> (ok, well, you just said golden flame)
[21:58] <DM_Tol> (what are you?)
[21:58] <Khophus> (brass)
[21:59] <DM_Tol> (The boar was under a hex)
[21:59] <Khophus> (oh…drat…well – with all those legs, how dextrous can a scorpion be?)
[21:59] <DM_Tol> 1d20+0 DC12 to avoid the fire breath
[21:59] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(14)+0 'DC12 to avoid the fire breath']: 14 (Success)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (half dam)
[22:00] <Khophus> (ok – *that* dextrous)
[22:00] <Khophus> 2d6 for half damage
[22:00] <TolBot> Khophus's 2d6(6) 'for half damage']: 6
[22:00] <Khophus> (does it die anyway?)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> The scorpion hisses and remains very much alive.
[22:01] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[22:01] * Dylan_ attacks the scorpion
[22:01] <Khophus> (going to remedy that)
[22:01] <Dylan_> 1d20+2
[22:01] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(19)+2]: 21
[22:01] <Dylan_> 2d6
[22:01] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(10)]: 10
[22:01] <DM_Tol> Dylan moves up and wails on the Scorpion, which recoils in pain.
[22:02] <DM_Tol> and retaliates
[22:02] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 bite on Dylan
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(7)+4 'bite on Dylan']: 11
[22:02] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 sting on Dylan
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4)+4 'sting on Dylan']: 8
[22:02] <DM_Tol> *next round*
[22:02] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Theriand 16, Miri 12, Ash 10, Khophus 8, Dylan_, 8, Rabid_Animal, 4
[22:02] <DM_Tol> (Theriand… make a Con save, DC12)
[22:03] <Theriand> 1d20+2 vs Dc12
[22:03] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(12)+2 'vs Dc12']: 14 (Success)
[22:03] <DM_Tol> You feel the burn of the scorpion’s poison run its course as you overcome it.
[22:03] * Theriand bonks it again
[22:03] <Theriand> 1d20+3
[22:03] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(14)+3]: 17
[22:03] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[22:03] <Theriand> 1d6+1
[22:03] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d6(2)+1]: 3
[22:03] <DM_Tol> Theriand bonks the bug.
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (Miri… then Ash)
[22:04] <Miri> (spare the dying, does that mean i have 1 hp? or that i'm still passed out but don't need to make death saves?)
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (i think stable, no more death saves)
[22:04] <Ash> (No death saves, still at 0)
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (so, no action)
[22:04] <Ash> (you get 1 hp in 1d4 hours)
[22:05] <DM_Tol> (Woo Hoo !)
[22:05] <Miri> (right)
[22:05] * Ash feels a different pull of energy as a burst of flame erupts from the heavens towards the scorpion.
[22:05] <Ash> 1d20+4
[22:05] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(2)+4]: 6
[22:05] <DM_Tol> (what was that?)
[22:05] <Ash> “This magic thing is hard! Make it stand still so I can hit it.”
[22:05] <Ash> (Sacred Flame)
[22:05] <DM_Tol> Ash misses with a new calling of flame.
[22:05] <DM_Tol> Khophus then Dylan)
[22:06] * Khophus snarls and dashes back to get his blade from the ground.
[22:06] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[22:06] * Dylan_ swings again
[22:06] <Dylan_> 1d20+2
[22:06] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(9)+2]: 11
[22:06] <DM_Tol> (miss)
[22:07] <Khophus> (all moved out)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> 1d2
[22:07] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(2)]: 2
[22:07] <DM_Tol> The Scorpion bites at Dylan
[22:07] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[22:07] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(7)+4]: 11
[22:07] <DM_Tol> and stings at Theriand
[22:07] <DM_Tol> 1d20+4
[22:07] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)+4]: 12
[22:08] <Khophus> “GET THE WOUNDED BEHIND ME!”
[22:08] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theriand 16, Miri 12, Ash 10, Khophus 8, Dylan_, 8, Rabid_Animal, 4
[22:08] * ^ThEeYe^ (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Quit: )
[22:08] <Miri> (“someone give me some hp so i can squish the bug!”)
[22:09] <Ash> (I'm out of hp giving)
[22:09] <Theriand> (guess I'm up…?)
[22:09] <Khophus> (“I gave at the office!”)
[22:09] <DM_Tol> 9yep)
[22:09] * Theriand tries to conjure the flames again
[22:09] <Miri> (man, if i had raged i'd still be up lol)
[22:09] <Theriand> 1d20+5 disadvantage
[22:09] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(18, 14)+5 'disadvantage']: 19
[22:10] <DM_Tol> (why do you have disadvantage?)
[22:10] <Theriand> (casting in melee)
[22:10] <DM_Tol> (ah)
[22:10] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[22:10] <Theriand> 1d10 fire damage + unattended flammable objects ignite
[22:10] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d10(10) 'fire damage + unattended flammable objects ignite']: 10
[22:11] <DM_Tol> Theriand hits the scorpion with fire damage as it shireks and shrivels in flames dead.
[22:12] <DM_Tol> Miri make a Con save DC12
[22:12] <Miri> 1d20+5 DC12
[22:12] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(5)+5 'DC12']: 10 (Fail)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> Miri the scorpion poison takes effect as you are now dying once more.
[22:13] <DM_Tol> *End combat*
[22:13] <Miri> (so 1 death save down again?)
[22:13] <DM_Tol> (not yet)
[22:13] <Miri> (k)
[22:13] <Dylan_> (so who is down?)
[22:13] <Miri> (miri)
[22:13] <Ash> “I don't know what to do about this.”
[22:13] * Ash gestures to Miri.
[22:14] <Khophus> (How far away are we from civilization?)
[22:14] <Dylan_> “get to a temple?”
[22:14] <Ash> (Minutes from a farm)
[22:14] <Miri> (spare the dying again would be nice!)
[22:15] <Miri> (but you wouldn't know to do that i dont think)
[22:15] <DM_Tol> To the rest of you, MIri looks like she has taken a turn for the worse.
[22:15] * Khophus drops his sword and shield and sprints to the farm.
[22:16] <Ash> (I wouldn't know that, because as far as I can tell you shouldn't have been injured past my last casting)
[22:16] <Khophus> “HORSE! GET ME YOUR HORSE NOW!”
[22:16] <Dylan_> (do I as paladin have any healing other than loh?)
[22:17] <DM_Tol> (ok, you’re right, Miri you are down one saving throw)
[22:17] <Miri> (ok, let me know when to make another)
[22:17] <DM_Tol> (The rest of you can attempt first aid to stabilize. DC10 Medicien (wis) check )
[22:18] * Ash uses Spare the Dying again.
[22:18] <Khophus> (I'm going to get a horse to ride her back to town – someone more wize than me should stabilize her)
[22:18] * Dylan_ attempts first aid
[22:18] <DM_Tol> Miri looks stabilized for the aid.
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (She remains unconcious)
[22:19] <Miri> (yay)
[22:19] <Khophus> (Am I close to the farm house?)
[22:20] <DM_Tol> Khophus after 15 minutes, you reach teh farmhouse. There is no horse to take)
[22:20] <DM_Tol> (10 minutes actually)
[22:20] <DM_Tol> (roll 1d4 Miri)
[22:20] <Miri> 1d4
[22:20] <TolBot> Miri's 1d4(2)]: 2
[22:21] <DM_Tol> (are you going to carry her, transport her some way, or rest here?)
[22:21] <Khophus> “Where's your healer, then?”
[22:21] <Khophus> “A woman is dying, man!”
[22:21] <DM_Tol> (khophus, no one is at the farm to talk to.)
[22:22] <Khophus> (oh)
[22:22] * Khophus growls something and turns back to run to the others.
[22:22] <DM_Tol> Khophus returns after being gone 25 minutes.
[22:22] <DM_Tol> (are you going to carry her, transport her some way, or rest here?)
[22:22] * Ash looks a little lost in this situation.
[22:23] <Khophus> “No…horses…I can carry her…“
[22:23] <Ash> “I think the magic worked…it should have worked… she's not getting better.”
[22:23] <Dylan_> (did we get enough xp for level?)
[22:23] <DM_Tol> (no)
[22:23] <Khophus> “Has anyone bound her wonds? Stabilized her for transport?”
[22:24] <DM_Tol> (She looks stabilized, though fragile)
[22:24] <Khophus> “Will she make it through the night, at least?”
[22:24] <Miri> (just make sure you get her sword or she'll beat ya'll up when she wakes up lol)
[22:24] <Ash> “Um… what if we build something to carry her on?”
[22:24] <Khophus> “A travois?”
[22:24] <Ash> “I think she will.”
[22:25] <Ash> “Maybe move her into the barn for shelter?”
[22:25] * Khophus looks around for her sword, and any armor she might have dropped
[22:25] <Khophus> “Good idea.”
[22:25] <Miri> (no armor, just the sword)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> From the trees nearby, you manage to build something to help carry her, though not very well.
[22:26] <Dylan_> (how much does she weigh?)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> In less than an hour you have her resting on the porch of the farmhouse nearby.
[22:26] * Khophus puts her blade – sheathed – next to her.
[22:27] <Dylan_> Dylan is max str)
[22:27] <Ash> (Never ask a woman her weight)
[22:27] <DM_Tol> After another hour of resting, Miri regains consciousness.
[22:27] <Khophus> (That never goes wrong)
[22:27] <DM_Tol> (and 1 HP)
[22:27] * Theriand stays quiet, trying to figure out how he was doing that fireball stuff
[22:28] * Miri opens one eye “well that was fun, until the bastard hit me.”
[22:28] * Khophus stands guard
[22:30] <Dylan_> “you know.. ash… I thought you were dead and some sort of sensation came about and I think it healed you. I think it was… Divine”
[22:30] <Ash> “I had a similar feeling… but my aim is terrible with this stuff.
[22:30] <Theriand> (assuming we've had a short rest?)
[22:30] * Miri sits up slowly. “I kept wanting to get angry.”
[22:31] <DM_Tol> (yes… can heal)
[22:31] <Ash> “Though this magic is different than the magic I was born with.”
[22:31] <Theriand> 1d6
[22:31] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d6(1)]: 1
[22:31] <Miri> 1d12
[22:31] <TolBot> Miri's 1d12(8)]: 8
[22:31] <Ash> 1d8
[22:31] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(8)]: 8
[22:32] <DM_Tol> The old farmer in the farmhouse helps with well water and bandages.
[22:33] <DM_Tol> (what now?)
[22:33] <Dylan_> “oh… I wasn't born with any magic. Just cows and chickens”
[22:33] <Khophus> “We should head back to the dome and tell them of our success.”
[22:33] <DM_Tol> (and…)
[22:33] <Miri> “Didnt get need to bring something back?”
[22:34] <Theriand> “I guess, want to know how I was doing that stuff anyways…“
[22:34] * Miri secures her sword before she gets up.
[22:35] * Ash goes to retrieve his club and what dead bodies he can carry.
[22:35] <Dylan_> “Do you need help?” Dylan asks Miri
[22:35] * Miri smiles to Dylan “i'm ok. Thank you”
[22:37] * Khophus looks over his shoulder at Miri and Dylan
[22:37] <Khophus> “Safe to say – we're the worst druids ever.”
[22:37] <DM_Tol> Ash you can realistically carry the rat.
[22:37] <DM_Tol> You gatehr your things, including the carcass, and make your way down the road toward Neoma’s magic dome.
[22:38] <DM_Tol> * As this session of “Heroes of Azod” comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_3_-_6-25-2017_-_dicey_might.txt · Last modified: 2017/06/26 03:40 (external edit)