Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/f/fa94ff6add8553bed990c412b4cede28.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_2_-_6-11-2017_-_the_start_of_an_adventure
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/f/fa94ff6add8553bed990c412b4cede28.xhtml failed

[20:21] <DM_Tol> * When we last met, our newly endowed heros had andwered the call from a mysterious, other-worldly Neoma.
[20:22] <DM_Tol> In her mysterious dome, she challenged you to accept a new destiny, to embrace her ritual of empowerment, and transform from being a common person, onto a path of extraordinary ability.
[20:23] <DM_Tol> An evil and corrupted force has planted in the countryside. Strange deaths of nearby flocks. Disappearances of some youth. The signs were beginning to grow.
[20:24] <DM_Tol> After embracing the ritual, she sent you back to Azod. To gather travelling things, and in the morning, equip yourselves, including the mysterious task of claiming an item that you�re drawn to with a signet.
[20:24] <DM_Tol> Evening has passed and you awake in the morning
*
[20:25] <Theriand> (I have not selected the 'marked' item yet… wasn't sure if there was any restrictions or whatnot…)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> * As this 2nd session of Heroes of Azod begins *
[20:25] <Khophus> (neither have I)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> (figured we�d rp it out)
[20:25] * Khophus wakes up and puts on his gear…and heads down to the constabulary.
[20:26] <DM_Tol> The activity on the lanes of the town of Azod are as normal.
[20:27] * Khophus walks, rehearsing his lines to say to the chief constable…and the man who raised him.
[20:28] * Miri steps out of the inn after having talked to her boss in a sort of daze. She takes a look around and then starts heading for the shops, her mark in hand.
[20:29] <Khophus> “I have been summoned by the one named Neoma…no…Neoma has summoned me to a task of great…no…I think I have a lead on the disappearance, so I need some time away. Gods – it's not a vacation.”
[20:29] * Khophus wanders to the armorer and looks at his padded uniform. He looks down at the mark…then looks to the armor.
[20:30] * Khophus sidles up to the armor, looking at the chain mail…then puts the mark on it.
[20:30] * Ash looks at the armor from behind Khophus' shoulder.
[20:30] <Ash> “It's all so expensive.”
[20:30] * Khophus nods.
[20:30] * Theriand quietly follows after Khophus “So… Our paths cross again.”
[20:31] <DM_Tol> Miri the innkeep says, �Off with you then. Can�t say I understand what you�re sayin�� as you depart.
[20:31] <Khophus> “sadly, quality armor is. That's why the constabulary wears padded uniforms.”
[20:31] <DM_Tol> Khophus the chief seems disinterestedin your resignation, waving you on your way.
[20:31] * Khophus turns to look at Ash and Theriand.
[20:32] <Khophus> “I take it we're all here for the same reason?”
[20:32] <DM_Tol> (So, it�ll be fun if you RP out discovering your abilities and such as we go along this session and the next)
[20:32] <Theriand> “Chief, I hereby tender my resignation as well, as I too have been summoned by this one named Neoma”
[20:32] * Khophus points to the mark he has put on the armor…waiting for something like in the tales.“
[20:32] * Miri pauses in her walk when she sees Ash and Khophus at the armorer and walks up to them. She starts to talk to them when she sees a great sword, a rather fine looking one to her untrained eyes anyway. “wow” she whispers before placing her mark upon it.
[20:33] <Khophus> “Wait – I am not resigning…but I am saying that I am taking some time away to investigate something.”
[20:33] * Theriand laughs, “You may not be, but I am… Time to see the world, and not just this singular location”
[20:34] * Ash looks at the armor trying to figure it all out.
[20:34] <Ash> “It's odd I know how to properly utilize all of this, and have never worn any of it.”
[20:34] <Khophus> “I promise to return Lord Constable…father…“
[20:35] * Khophus looks to Ash then to the armor.”
[20:35] <DM_Tol> Theriod, you also receive and appropriately indifferent response.
[20:36] <Khophus> “I can help you with it, if you wish. Once I get squared away, I can help you with yours.”
[20:37] * Theriand wanders off, looking in the shops for items of interest
[20:37] <Khophus> “I've had to train with the use of many armors.”
[20:37] <Ash> “That's the thing, I don't need help, though I feel I need armor like the knights wear.”
[20:37] * Khophus looks for the armorer.
[20:37] <DM_Tol> Khophus after you place the mark on the chain mail, the shopowner approaches you.
[20:37] <DM_Tol> The armor flashes for an instant.
[20:37] * Khophus looks down at Ash then back to the armorer.
[20:38] <Khophus> “How much?”
[20:40] <DM_Tol> Khophus the shopkeep nods at you, �Yes, I undestand. It is yours.�
[20:40] <Khophus> “Oh…thank you, sir. Have a good day.”
[20:40] <DM_Tol> The amorer removes it from teh rack, and hands it to you, as you see that the old chain armor remains on the rack.
[20:41] * Khophus takes the armor and drapes it over his shoulder.
[20:41] * Khophus bows to the armorer and walks out.
[20:41] <Ash> “Well that was weird.”
[20:42] * Khophus slips on the chain armor.
[20:42] * Miri watches khophus from her spot near the armorer, though her eyes keep flitting back to the great sword she saw.
[20:43] <DM_Tol> (Each of you in the sole smithery with armor and weapons has a similar experience� just tell me the piece)
[20:44] * Ash leaves the armory for now and wanders around looking for something to catch his eye.
[20:44] <Theriand> (I so want a Handy Haversack.. but I doubt the mark would work on that :P)
[20:44] * Khophus buckles his shield and makes sure his long sword rests well on his hip.
[20:45] <Khophus> (Can I put the mark on that red-headed tavern wench?)
[20:45] * Miri blinks as she is given the sword and moves to catch up with Khophus “I think i might need help learning how to use this thing.” She holds up the great sword, holding it so entierly wrong.
[20:46] <DM_Tol> As you place the mark, the smith removes it from the rack, almost in a trance, and it is as if the new item is born from the other. And off you each go.
[20:47] <DM_Tol> Ash and Theriand what are you choosing?)
[20:48] <Theriand> (I have no clue… I have pretty much everything I need already…so I'm trying to figure it out)
[20:48] * Khophus delicately repositions Miri's hands. “The loosest part of the grip should be on the smallest finger. Strike with the forearms, not the shoulders.”
[20:48] <Khophus> “If wish to spar…I can be of assitance. I had to learn this as well.”
[20:49] <Miri> “Thanks. I may tak you up on that. For now though…” she puts it in her scabbard belted to her waist. “i think it's safest there.” she gives a small chuckle.
[20:50] * Khophus smiles and nods.
[20:50] <Khophus> “Best to talk things out first.”
[20:51] <Khophus> “Where is everyone else, and were we to meet?”
[20:51] <Khophus> (brb)
[20:51] <Miri> “No idea”
[20:51] * Ash continues to look around, but doesn't find anything that stands out to him.
[20:52] * Ash strokes his pet mouse as he wanders the stalls and shops/
[20:55] * Theriand wanders around and is drawn to a ring, he looks it over.
[20:56] * Khophus shrugs. “Want to start, then? There's a training field not that far. Plenty of room.”
[20:56] <Ash> “You know Runty, you're the only thing that's cared about me in this city, perhaps you should get this mark, as you are probably the most important thing to me.”
[20:56] <DM_Tol> Theriand you stare at the rusty, iron ring that fell off come type of pot probably.
[20:57] * Ash places the mark on the mouse to see what happens.
[20:57] * Miri shrugs “i suppose we can.”
[20:58] * Khophus takes her to an open field (someone queue up the “Dexter” theme for me…)
[20:58] * Theriand puts his mark on it for laughs, not sure what else to do
[20:58] * Miri follows
[20:59] <DM_Tol> Therian� the piece of iron flashes and transforms into a fancy ring.
[21:00] * Theriand looks around before pocketing it, and follows after Miri and Khophus
[21:01] <Theriand> (brb)
[21:01] <Ash> (In case it was missed…)
[21:01] * Ash places the mark on the mouse to see what happens.
[21:04] <DM_Tol> Ash the mouse coughs up a furball and scampers away
[21:04] <DM_Tol> You see a shimmer inside the furball.
[21:04] <Khophus> (that furball can cure light wounds once a day – get it!)
[21:04] <Ash> “What… no wait!”
[21:05] <DM_Tol> Ash is a paladin, right?)
[21:05] <Ash> (cleric)
[21:05] <Ash> (I went Nature for the domain)
[21:05] <DM_Tol> (ah, right)
[21:06] <Miri> (surprised you aren't putting your mark on a holy symbol :P)
[21:06] <Ash> (Like I know in character yet what I would need a holy symbol for, or even what god to pick.)
[21:07] <Theriand> (back)
[21:07] <Miri> (you got me there)
[21:08] <Khophus> “All right – just remember to let the sword do the work.”
[21:08] * Khophus hefts up his shield.
[21:08] * Ash looks at the fur ball, and holds back a tear.
[21:08] <Khophus> “Hit my shield.”
[21:09] * Miri lifts the sword up and then swings it at Khophus's shield, missing it entierly. “ugg this thing is heavy.”
[21:09] <DM_Tol> (I said to RP that you feel �drawn� to an object)
[21:10] <Ash> (yup, and that's why I picked my starting mouse pet. Fits with the nature theme.)
[21:10] <DM_Tol> (nature theme?)
[21:10] <Khophus> “You'll get used to it in time. Try again.”
[21:11] <Khophus> “Swing with the forearms, not the shoulders.”
[21:11] * Miri points to her arms “and which part is the forearms?”
[21:11] <DM_Tol> Khophus as Miri moves with the sword, she shocks herself with her agility wielding it.
[21:11] * Khophus kneels down and taps her forearms. “These.”
[21:11] <Ash> (Powers from a nature creature (with pixies), I picked nature as my domain, and had a pet mouse as an urchin… nature theme)
[21:12] <DM_Tol> (got it)
[21:12] * Miri nods and goes to hit his shield again, getting in a rther ok hit. She blinks and looks at the sword. “that was weird”
[21:13] <Khophus> “See – you'll be standing on a mountain of your enemies' skulls in no time.”
[21:13] * Miri wrinkles her nose. “that sounds gross.”
[21:14] * Ash looks at the tiny hairball.
[21:14] * Khophus shrugs. “My instructor fancied that.”
[21:14] <Khophus> “Anyway – now on to defense. The best defense is not to be there when they try to hit.”
[21:15] * Miri nods “and yet we advance towards them anyway?”
[21:17] <Khophus> “No – we get ourselves into a position to strike. Swing at me.”
[21:18] * Miri nods and huffs out a breath before moving to attack at Khophus.
[21:18] * Ash tucks the furball away for now, and goes to buy a few things.
[21:18] * Khophus sets up in a defensive stance, waiting for the downward arc
[21:19] * Khophus steps aside, resting the flat of the blade on the back of Miri's neck.
[21:20] * Miri arches her back. “Are you supposed to feel angry when you do this?”
[21:20] <Khophus> “Yes. It means you're still alive.”
[21:21] <Miri> “Well, I guess I'm doing that right then at least.” chuckles.
[21:21] <Khophus> “You're alive, you're angry. Practically a constable.”
[21:22] * Miri chuckles “thanks khophus.”
[21:22] * Khophus grins
[21:23] <Khophus> “Let's work on that first strike.” He strikes his shield with his sword.
[21:23] <DM_Tol> Ash as you lift the furball, a ring falls out.
[21:23] <Khophus> “Use hte forearms so you can recover.”
[21:23] <Khophus> (ewwwww)
[21:23] <Miri> “recover?”
[21:23] <DM_Tol> You each, finished equiping, make your way out of town, towards the magical dome south of town.
[21:24] <Ash> “What is this?”
[21:24] * Ash looks at the ring curiously.
[21:24] <Khophus> “Put yourself into a stance to make another strike.”
[21:24] * Miri nods “looks like we need to be heading out though.” she puts her sword away and nods towards the others.
[21:24] * Khophus strikes, then skips back with his shield raised.
[21:25] * Khophus nods, sheathes his own sword and follows along.
[21:25] <Khophus> “You are doing very well. Have confidence.”
[21:25] <Khophus> (in my head, I hear Tiberius saying this)
[21:25] <Miri> “I'm sure it will come in time.” she falls into step with theo thers as they make their way out of town.
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (afk� make your way to the dome on your own)
[21:26] <Khophus> “On the bright note, you're not getting struck with wooden rods for failing.”
[21:26] * Miri laughs “that is definately a bright note.”
[21:27] * Khophus nods. “Father was hard, but fair.”
[21:27] <Miri> “you are a soldier, you have to be prepared.”
[21:28] <Khophus> “True, this is what I was born into. You should be in a tavern, playing for coins.”
[21:29] <Khophus> (brb – water run)
[21:29] <Miri> “To be honest, I didn't even know i could sing really. I mean i always liked to but never for anybody, and then the other day….I don't know it was weird. Anything weird happen to any of you lately?”
[21:31] <DM_Tol> (are y�all gonna rp this conversation all night ? :) )
[21:32] <DM_Tol> ( /me waits for game to continue once you all decide to go to the magic dome )
[21:32] * Theriand heads to the magic dome
[21:32] <Miri> (we're walking to the dome, and your butt was afk anyway :P)
[21:32] * Ash joins up with the group after getting himself a club, some ringmail, and a backpack.
[21:33] <DM_Tol> As you approach the familiar area, you see one another nearing the dome, as you find it just as it was yesterday.
[21:33] <DM_Tol> As you enter the dome, once again you tingle all over.
[21:34] <DM_Tol> Once again, you see a large space inside� Neoma Zyr Bolithyl sits atop a wooden block.
[21:34] * Khophus shivers once stepping through the dome.
[21:34] <DM_Tol> She smiles. �You have come.�
[21:34] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Tell me� what have you discovered about yourselves.?�
[21:34] * Khophus bows
[21:35] * Miri curtsies “apperantly i like sharp shiny objects”
[21:35] <Theriand> “That I'm ready for an adventure.”
[21:35] <Ash> I seem to know how to properly use armor now, and have an affinity towards animals.
[21:35] <Khophus> “One can be a gentle instructor.”
[21:38] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �You are set on paths of skill and feats� I can again assist in time� but your own experience and honed skill will serve you as well as you engage in this quest.�
[21:40] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Are you ready, then, to depart?�
[21:40] <DM_Tol> She stands and paces.
[21:40] <Khophus> “Yes.”
[21:40] <Theriand> “Indeed”
[21:40] <Miri> “yes”
[21:41] <Ash> “I think so.”
[21:41] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �As I said, a twisted and evil presence that belongs not to your world has made a home in an abandoned castle a day�s journey south of here.�
[21:44] * Theriand thinks on this castle
[21:44] <Miri> “and so we just go there and destroy it?”
[21:44] * Khophus tries to remember anything about an abandoned castle close to here.
[21:45] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Before you make your way to the castle� it would serve our endeavor first to examine the kind of presence, the type of evil. Start with what is killing these domesticated flocks.”
[21:46] * Khophus bows.
[21:46] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �So� find one of the farms that has lost its flock� discover what has killed it off. Bring a source of the problem to me to examine.�
[21:48] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods to you.
[21:48] <Theriand> “Alright”
[21:49] <Ash> “Shouldn't the town authorities already have done that?'
[21:50] <Khophus> “Alive, I assume?”
[21:52] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �If there is a humanoid or creature� I can examine it dead or alive.”
[21:54] <Khophus> “As you wish.”
[21:54] * Khophus bows again and takes a step back to leave.
[21:54] * Miri heads out as well.
[21:55] * Ash departs as well.
[21:55] * Khophus turns on his heels and leaves.
[21:56] * Theriand pulls the ring out and looks at it, “So I put that mark on a rusty ring, and it turned into this… can you tell if its anything special?”
[21:57] <DM_Tol> Neoma smiles as she looks at it, �Indeed, it is quite special. Wear it and it will help keep you safe.�
[21:58] <Theriand> “Thanks,” he puts it on. (hopefully it makes me not-squishy)
[21:58] <DM_Tol> (Ring of Eternal Squishiness)
[21:58] <Khophus> (Ring of Mouse Vomit – can vomit/summon 1d20 rats)
[21:59] <Ash> (Oooh, I can make a swarm of mice babies!)
[21:59] * Ash pauses.
[21:59] <Ash> “What does this ring do?”
[21:59] <Khophus> (At least he won't go hungry)
[22:00] * Ash holds up a non-descript ring.
[22:02] <Khophus> (brb)
[22:04] <Miri> (brb)
[22:06] <Khophus> (bak)
[22:07] * Khophus steps out of the dome and waits for everyone else.
[22:09] <DM_Tol> (sorry� wife is sick)
[22:09] <Theriand> (hey, if we need to call it an early night we can, sick wife == priority)
[22:10] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �I do not know, young Ash REturn with it, and if you haven�t seen by then, we will find out.”
[22:10] * Ash nods.
[22:11] <Miri> (back)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> (where do you head now?)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> (rather, how are you going to learn where to find a farm affected?)
[22:13] * Ash pulls out his map of the city and looks to see if there are outlying farms on it.
[22:13] <Khophus> (How many farms were affected in the area?)
[22:13] <DM_Tol> (how would you know� you�ve possibly heard of one, if you wish)
[22:13] <DM_Tol> You all know that there are dozens of farms spread all around.
[22:14] <Theriand> (actually, myself or Khophus may have heard, both being with the constables, me more so being a scout)
[22:14] <DM_Tol> They are all to the north and south and east (the sand dunes and then sea is to the west)
[22:14] <DM_Tol> (you haven't)
[22:14] <DM_Tol> (you were an underling� barely on payroll, remember?)
[22:15] <DM_Tol> (you were not in briefings on security)
[22:15] <Khophus> (was I?)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (repeating my question:)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> <DM_Tol: (where do you head now?)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> [10:11pm] <DM_Tol: (rather, how are you going to learn where to find a farm affected?)
[22:20] <Khophus> (repeating my question: would I be in any security briefings?)
[22:21] <DM_Tol> (no, khophus)
[22:21] <Ash> “Let's start with the outlying farms and then move inland. If this castle is to the south, then the southern most farms makes the most logical sense as a starting point.
[22:22] * Khophus stops and looks at the sun, then in the directions of the camp.
[22:22] <Khophus> “Good idea. Also, might want to be wary of the east. If I were raiding something, I would hit the east as well.”
[22:23] * Khophus turns to the south and starts to walk.
[22:24] <DM_Tol> You spend a half hour wandering and find two workers in a field of a farm.
[22:24] * Theriand follows after quietly
[22:24] * Miri follows as well.
[22:25] * Khophus apporaches the workers.
[22:25] <Khophus> “Hello!”
[22:26] <Khophus> (“Immigracion! Correr!”)
[22:26] <Theriand> (“Border Patrol!”)
[22:29] <DM_Tol> The stop pushing the ox and look on, waving abruptly.
[22:29] <Khophus> “I have a question – have any of your crops or livestock been attacked recently?”
[22:30] <Ash> “Or do you know of anybody who has had their livestock or crops go missing?”
[22:33] <DM_Tol> You are directed to a farm 10 acres east� Farmer Hiles.
[22:35] <Khophus> “Thank you for your time, sirs.”
[22:35] * Khophus looks east.
[22:37] <Khophus> “Perhaps we should have gotten horses?”
[22:37] <Miri> “can any of us afford horses?”
[22:38] <Ash> “I can't, but 10 acres is an easy walk.”
[22:38] <Khophus> “Walk it is.”
[22:38] <Ash> (It's roughly like 3 blocks down a city street.)
[22:38] <Ash> (Or less)
[22:38] * Retrieving #grovewood modes…
[22:38] <Theriand> (or 3 football fields :P)
[22:39] <Khophus> (really?)
[22:39] <Khophus> (my god, I'm more out of shape than I thought…)
[22:39] <DM_Tol> After half an hour, you come to the farm identified to you with the silver water tank.
[22:39] <DM_Tol> You see a farm house on the lot.
[22:39] <Theriand> (a football field is about 1.32 acres in size.)
[22:41] * Khophus approaches it as friendly as a brass dragonborn can look…
[22:42] <DM_Tol> You see no signs of life on the porch of the farmhouse.
[22:43] <Theriand> (Well, I would be a little concerned if a chair waved at me…)
[22:44] * Khophus approaches the front door and knocks.
[22:44] * Theriand follows Khophus and stands back off the porch as he knocks
[22:44] * Ash hangs back.
[22:44] <Khophus> “Farmer Hiles? This is Khophus of the constabulary. Are you available?”
[22:45] <DM_Tol> After some time� the door creaks open.
[22:46] <DM_Tol> A tired old man answers, �Whaddya want?�
[22:47] <Khophus> “Good afternoon, sir. We've heard some reports of livestock being taken. Mind if we ask a few questions?”
[22:49] <DM_Tol> Old farmer: �What�s to tell. I�m ruint.�
[22:49] <Khophus> “Sir?”
[22:50] <Khophus> “Could you elaborate?”
[22:50] <DM_Tol> Old farmer: �Predators like I never heard of. No wolf. Something unnatural. Killed all my sheep. All my cattle few days later.”
[22:50] <Khophus> “Can you show us where on the field?”
[22:50] <DM_Tol> Old farmer: �Same happened to Sterny Genny. Gafin Macgullet, too.�
[22:51] <DM_Tol> Old farmer: �in the fields behind the house. Got nothing left.“
[22:51] <Khophus> “Mind if we look around, sir?”
[22:51] <DM_Tol> Old farmer points off to his right, ��Cept them two sorry goats.�
[22:51] <Khophus> (Hey!)
[22:51] <DM_Tol> Old Farmer: �Go ahead.�
[22:51] <Ash> “Are there any tracks?”
[22:52] <DM_Tol> One of yo hears a goat sound.
[22:52] <Khophus> “Thank you, sir. We'll get to the bottom of this.”
[22:52] <DM_Tol> The Olf Farmer looks at you strangely, finding your voice of authority odd.
[22:53] <DM_Tol> The goat baa sounds softer now.
[22:53] * Khophus bows and turns to walk around the shed.
[22:53] * Ash heads over to the goats.
[22:53] * Theriand follows after ash
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Ash as you look at the goats� you notice there�s only one goat.
[22:53] <Ash> “Didn't you say there were two goats?”
[22:54] <DM_Tol> As you make a move that direction, the lone goat cries out as it falls (slams) to the ground, disappearing in the grass.
[22:54] <Khophus> (He's seeing double. All that corn squeezins)
[22:54] * Ash runs towards where the goat was.
[22:54] <Theriand> “Well Hell..” *runs into the grass that devoured the goat*
[22:55] <DM_Tol> The goat baa comes softer now…
[22:55] <Miri> (graboids!)
[22:55] <Ash> (Oh hell no!)
[22:55] <DM_Tol> * as this session of �Heroes of Azod� comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_2_-_6-11-2017_-_the_start_of_an_adventure.txt · Last modified: 2017/06/12 03:57 (external edit)