Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/7/7c15b7c396bf85373d1ec021df595cc3.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_25_-_2-18-2018_-_challenges_2
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/7/7c15b7c396bf85373d1ec021df595cc3.xhtml failed

Session Log for: 2/18/2018
8:13:11 PM <DM_Tol> Theriand moves further into the room from guarding the stairwell and lights the seventh candle on the table (just go with it).
8:13:17 PM * *Khophus raises his shield.
8:13:35 PM <Theriand> (gets trapped in the floor… XD)
8:13:53 PM <DM_Tol> A puff of smoke pours out of the candle and then forms as an additional animated figure, a smoke humanoid, with mini sparks of fire and lighting inside of it.
8:14:16 PM <Khophus> “I don't think this is helping.”
8:14:30 PM <DM_Tol> (any action from anyone before the challenges continue?
8:15:19 PM <Miri> (no)
8:15:47 PM <Khophus> (nope)
8:16:05 PM <Theriand> (Nein)
8:16:20 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash, did you do a challenge?
8:16:32 PM <DM_Tol> (Miri, Dylan and Terres passed theirs.)
8:16:40 PM <Ash> (I did the challenge)
8:16:45 PM <Ash> (And passed like a boss)
8:16:53 PM <Kayalia> (grats!)
8:17:05 PM <Miri> (i believe it was about ot kayalia's turn)
8:17:12 PM <Kayalia> (what no!)
8:17:16 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, I see it. You passed as well)
8:17:39 PM <Terres> (all i remember is that i passed by the skin of my teeth but still passed)
8:17:39 PM <Miri> (ok…it wasn't your turn. i don't remembers :P)
8:17:45 PM <DM_Tol> (hehe)
8:18:07 PM <Kayalia> (/me throws miri under that bus instead >:O )
8:18:26 PM <Miri> (i was first!)
8:18:41 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, the armor suit comes to life. It steps back several steps, raising and then spinning its sword to and fro.
8:18:53 PM <Terres> ( you mean stagecoach?)
8:18:58 PM <DM_Tol> It beckons you forward.
8:19:02 PM <Miri> (that's who it was, it was khophus' turn )
8:19:05 PM <Kayalia> (sounds about right)
8:19:07 PM * *Khophus braces himself for the onslaught.
8:19:21 PM <Khophus> “Come on…”
8:19:58 PM <DM_Tol> The suit thrusts forwand three times with the sword, and then stands at the ready, as if waiting for you to raise a blade to guard.
8:21:15 PM * *Khophus moves in, swinging his blade to knock the sword aside and his shield to knock the armor aside.
8:22:04 PM <DM_Tol> 1d10+3
8:22:04 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d10(5)+3]: 8
8:22:27 PM <Terres> (this escalated quickly)
8:22:42 PM <DM_Tol> The armor parries your attack and then spins around and swings at you.
8:23:00 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+8
8:23:00 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(9)+8]: 17
8:23:08 PM <DM_Tol> (ac?)
8:23:47 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+8
8:23:48 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(9)+8]: 17
8:23:58 PM <Khophus> (ac 19)
8:24:14 PM <DM_Tol> The swing not givng at full speed you suspect, glances off.
8:24:18 PM <DM_Tol> (action?)
8:24:33 PM <DM_Tol> It hold still for a second.
8:24:37 PM * *Khophus pivots on his heel and jams the pommel into the helmet
8:25:28 PM <DM_Tol> (roll hit)
8:25:42 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
8:25:43 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(10)+5]: 15
8:25:59 PM <DM_Tol> The armor knocks the attack aside, swinging back.
8:26:04 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+9
8:26:04 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(14)+9]: 23
8:26:30 PM * *Khophus growls, smoke curling from his nostrils… until they're caved in by the armor…
8:26:34 PM <Khophus> (ouchie)
8:26:57 PM <DM_Tol> You recognize its parry as a classinc fighter ???maneuver???. You recognize it???s been using fighter maneuvers to parry you.
8:27:48 PM <DM_Tol> 1d10+5 damage (roll a parry with a superiority die)
8:27:49 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d10(8)+5 'damage (roll a parry with a superiority die)']: 13
8:28:28 PM <DM_Tol> (wait, what archetype are you?)
8:29:14 PM <Khophus> (hang on)
8:29:38 PM <Khophus> (champion)
8:29:47 PM <Khophus> (or do you mean background? Soldier)
8:30:28 PM <DM_Tol> (no. you choose a martial archetype at level 3)
8:30:42 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, for now, roll a 1d8+dex)
8:31:03 PM <Khophus> 1d8+1
8:31:03 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(1)+1]: 2
8:31:23 PM <Khophus> (*sigh*)
8:31:42 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus parries with his weapon, which slightly reduces the damage. The rest of the blow stings, but you note that you were hit with a nonlethal damage strike.
8:31:52 PM <DM_Tol> The armor suits stands erect, and seems to nod.
8:32:04 PM <DM_Tol> (read up on martial archetype)
8:32:52 PM * *Khophus nods in return
8:33:20 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, the puppet jumps to like, and moves before you. It does a dance move, watching you the whole time. You think you begin to recognize the steps of a traditional ancient dance. It then stops and looks at you.
8:33:40 PM <DM_Tol> (*and the ???dance off??? is ON like donkey kong!*)
8:34:00 PM <Kayalia> (stop monkey-ing around!)
8:34:38 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet stares at you, still holding the last pose of its moves.
8:35:12 PM <DM_Tol> It nods at you.
8:35:42 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, what???s the holdup?)
8:36:01 PM <Kayalia> (Patience :( )
8:36:07 PM * *Kayalia lowers one knee to bow and then smirks. Fair enough. She moves in a three-step rhythm of an ancient dance she's familiar with.
8:36:08 PM <DM_Tol> (I???ve got 7 players to keep involved here, so can???t have a 3 minute delay)
8:36:32 PM <Kayalia> (It can take me a couple mins to figure out what to do you know)
8:36:34 PM <DM_Tol> As you bow, you feel a sence of binding with the puppet flow through you.
8:36:46 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet tilts its head.
8:37:15 PM <DM_Tol> (You are doing a new dance?)
8:37:35 PM <Kayalia> (new?)
8:37:49 PM <DM_Tol> (She moves in a three-step rhythm of an ancient dance she's familiar with.)
8:37:53 PM <DM_Tol> (what???s that mean?)
8:38:04 PM <DM_Tol> (You???re doing a random dance?)
8:38:15 PM <DM_Tol> (from your own repertoire?)
8:38:26 PM <Kayalia> (Some steps from an ancient dance she recalls? Something similar to what the puppet did. From her own knowledge)
8:38:43 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet tilts its head.
8:39:01 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet then begins to dance again, doing the same dance it did before.
8:39:08 PM <Kayalia> “You're a curious one.”
8:39:14 PM * *Kayalia mimics the puppet's dance.
8:39:19 PM <DM_Tol> It stops with the same pose, then with it???s hand sweeps before you.
8:39:23 PM <DM_Tol> (roll performance)
8:39:33 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 Performance
8:39:33 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(5)+7 'Performance']: 12
8:39:37 PM <Kayalia> (ew)
8:39:55 PM * *Kayalia musters a slightly above average performance
8:39:57 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet looks at you, and shakes it???s head, then stands upright.
8:40:20 PM <DM_Tol> Theriand??? the smoke figure moves closer to you.
8:40:27 PM <Khophus> (YOU GOT SERVED!)
8:40:44 PM * *Theriand glares at it, a firebolt forming in his hand
8:41:04 PM <Ash> (If this is anything like the smoke monster from Lost, you're screwed!)
8:41:24 PM <DM_Tol> It???s torso swells, and then a ???hole??? in its midsection opens up. You still see menacing bursts of electricity, or spark of flame, or flash of lightning fly through its misty substance.
8:41:42 PM <DM_Tol> It stops in front of you.
8:42:27 PM * *Theriand cocks his head, “Well, if you insist,” he tries to throw the firebolt through the new hole
8:42:47 PM <DM_Tol> The firebolt flies through the mist.
8:43:08 PM <DM_Tol> The smoke creature then had its arms reach out openly to take your hand.
8:43:39 PM <Theriand> “Well something has to kill me,” he offers his hand.
8:44:05 PM <DM_Tol> It slowly takes your hand, and moves it towards the hole in its torso, as you barely feel the barely corporeal substance of the creature.
8:44:46 PM <DM_Tol> (sticking your hand inside?)
8:44:54 PM <DM_Tol> (or resisting?)
8:45:12 PM * *Theriand allows his hand to enter the hole, “You know, this usually involves dinner, and a fair bit of wine first…”
8:45:15 PM <DM_Tol> You stick your hand in, and the smoke collapses around it. You see a flash.
8:45:19 PM <DM_Tol> (roll 1d4)
8:45:23 PM <Theriand> 1d4
8:45:24 PM «TolBot» [Theriand's 1d4(4)]: 4
8:46:01 PM <DM_Tol> The flash comes as lighting blasts inside the smoke. You feel excruciating pain up the nerves of your arm.
8:46:06 PM <DM_Tol> (roll CON save)
8:46:17 PM <Theriand> 1d20+5
8:46:17 PM «TolBot» [Theriand's 1d20(19)+5]: 24
8:46:50 PM <DM_Tol> The pain subsides. The creature steps back, your hand leaving its body. It stands still, as it seems to nod at you.
8:47:06 PM <DM_Tol> Miri, the stone figure begins to move once more.
8:47:20 PM * *Miri watches, at the ready.
8:47:49 PM <DM_Tol> It moves around the block you lifted, and then moves to one side of a crack in the ground. It raides its stubby hand up, in invitation for you to join.
8:48:14 PM * *Miri joins the creature.
8:48:40 PM <DM_Tol> (posture is like, makiing a bridge or whatever. )
8:48:57 PM * *Miri will mirror his posture.
8:49:04 PM <DM_Tol> The creature made up of so many small stones, takes your hands, and begins to push against you.
8:49:18 PM <DM_Tol> (you clearly think its a test of pushing)
8:49:19 PM <Miri> (so he's like shoving me?)
8:49:24 PM * *Miri will push back.
8:49:33 PM <DM_Tol> (roll 3 STR checks)
8:49:51 PM <DM_Tol> The rock creatures pushes back, moves forward, back, then
8:49:56 PM <Miri> 1d20+2
8:49:56 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(7)+2]: 9
8:49:57 PM <Miri> 1d20+2
8:49:57 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(11)+2]: 13
8:49:59 PM <Miri> 1d20+2
8:49:59 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(4)+2]: 6
8:50:07 PM <Miri> (well i'm screwed)
8:50:14 PM <Miri> (i should have raged first ooh wells)
8:50:30 PM <DM_Tol> then it moves you back enough to step over the crack. It stands up, and goes still, and seems to shake its head.
8:50:36 PM <Terres> (no proficency bonus on your str checks?)
8:50:54 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan, the stick figure, begins to move more.
8:51:21 PM <Miri> (it's a core stat so not that i know of, not that it would have helped much)
8:51:46 PM * *Dyan| watches
8:51:57 PM <Terres> (oops never mind, the bonus is for saving throws)
8:52:21 PM <DM_Tol> It flips backward and lands atop the stone that was dislodged. It begins shooting wooden spikes at you.
8:52:37 PM <DM_Tol> (roll one Dex save)
8:52:39 PM <Dyan|> (at me?)
8:52:45 PM <Dyan|> 1d20+2
8:52:45 PM «TolBot» [Dyan|'s 1d20(13)+2]: 15
8:53:08 PM <DM_Tol> (roll one acrobatics)
8:53:17 PM <Dyan|> 1d20+2
8:53:17 PM «TolBot» [Dyan|'s 1d20(20)+2]: 22 (Excellent)
8:53:38 PM <DM_Tol> The figure seems to anticipate your dodge, and then flips and shoots more at you, as you flip in kind in acrobatic fashion and avoid them.
8:53:53 PM <DM_Tol> The wooden figure stops and stands still.
8:54:08 PM * *Dyan| watches and waits
8:54:29 PM <DM_Tol> It reaches up, and from inside a thicker log in its thigh, it removes a piece of stone.
8:54:36 PM <DM_Tol> It reaches out to hand you the stone, and nods.
8:54:55 PM <Ash> “I'm guessing that's part of the 'key' to get out of here.
8:55:27 PM <Miri> “if that's true, i think we aren't getting the full key.”
8:55:47 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan, It reaches out to hand you the stone, and nods.
8:56:18 PM <Terres> “Take it before it changes it mind”
8:56:25 PM <DM_Tol> Dyan| it reaches out to hand you the stone, and nods.
8:56:42 PM <DM_Tol> (i???m gonna pull my hair out)
8:56:47 PM * *Dyan| takes the stone
8:56:49 PM <DM_Tol> As you take the stone, the sticks fall lifeless to the ground.
8:56:51 PM <Dyan|> (why?)
8:57:09 PM <DM_Tol> (cause it was 105 secods to wait on you to take it)
8:57:39 PM <DM_Tol> Ash, the skeleton starts walking towards the stone door.
8:58:15 PM * *Ash watches it.
8:58:18 PM <DM_Tol> It begins waving its hands, as sparks fly from its hands.
8:59:10 PM * *Ash prepares to dodge, not knowing what quite to expect here.
8:59:21 PM <DM_Tol> It waves as two lights circule its head, and then it points at you as they blast at you, then just over your should and smash in brilliant light and sound against the wall.
8:59:32 PM <DM_Tol> (action?)
8:59:37 PM <Ash> (Dodge)
8:59:54 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, though it???s not going to hit you)
9:00:47 PM <Ash> (Looked like the first one would)
9:01:17 PM <DM_Tol> It claps its hands, and then a third light ball forms. It moves deliberately straight at you, tracking you.
9:01:20 PM <DM_Tol> (action?)
9:02:05 PM * *Ash casts Thaumaturgy attempting to mimic the spell.
9:02:14 PM <DM_Tol> (roll aracana first to id it)
9:02:16 PM <Ash> “Not sure what you want here skeleton”
9:02:23 PM <Ash> 1d20+2
9:02:23 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(12)+2]: 14
9:02:29 PM <DM_Tol> You recognize the spell.
9:02:49 PM <DM_Tol> The ball keeps coming at you, even as you thamaturgically mimic it.
9:02:58 PM <DM_Tol> It sparks.
9:03:18 PM * *Ash tries to hit it with a Sacred Flame.
9:03:40 PM <DM_Tol> (think like a firesphere, but of magic sparks)
9:04:09 PM <Ash> (Those you tend to avoid, so you don't get burned. I don't have a counter spell for it.)
9:04:10 PM <DM_Tol> (what???s the roll for SF?)
9:04:25 PM <Ash> (Dex save, DC 12)
9:04:45 PM <DM_Tol> (Roll an Int check)
9:04:50 PM <DM_Tol> (, then)
9:04:54 PM <Ash> 1d20+2
9:04:54 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(19)+2]: 21
9:05:25 PM <DM_Tol> Your sacred flame hits the spere. It???s sparks turn blue, then yellow, then it spins into non existence.
9:06:06 PM <DM_Tol> The skeleton steps towards you, Ash, then holds out its hand, and a stone piece magically reveals.
9:06:10 PM <DM_Tol> It nods at you.
9:06:19 PM * *Ash nods back
9:06:23 PM <Ash> “I guess that worked.”
9:06:52 PM <DM_Tol> It reaches out to you with the stone piece in its hand.
9:07:03 PM * *Ash takes the piece.
9:07:14 PM <DM_Tol> As you take the stone, the bones fall apart into a heap.
9:08:19 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, the scarecrow stands from the desk.
9:08:23 PM <DM_Tol> (table)
9:08:57 PM * *Terres follows the scracrows movement and gets up from the table as well
9:09:03 PM <DM_Tol> It reaches into its strawfilled sleave, and removes a stone piece.
9:09:21 PM <DM_Tol> It holds the stone piece out in its hand. It then tosses it from one hand to another.
9:09:33 PM * *Terres tries to snatch the stone out of the air
9:10:03 PM <DM_Tol> It then crosses it back and forth from each hand and a couple times moves its hands behind its back. It then tosses the stone in the air…
9:10:11 PM <DM_Tol> (anyone watching roll a perception)
9:10:22 PM <Dyan|> 1d20
9:10:22 PM «TolBot» [Dyan|'s 1d20(1)]: 1 (Oh, no)
9:10:28 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 perc
9:10:28 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(5)+2 'perc']: 7
9:10:32 PM <Theriand> 1d20-1 (blind as a bat)
9:10:32 PM «TolBot» [Theriand's 1d20(19)-1 '(blind as a bat)']: 18
9:10:33 PM <Miri> 1d20
9:10:33 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(15)]: 15
9:10:45 PM <Ash> 1d20+2
9:10:46 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(15)+2]: 17
9:11:20 PM <Khophus> 1d20+2
9:11:20 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(1)+2]: 3 (Sorry.)
9:11:27 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, you and others follow the line of sight of the thing tossed into the air, when you realize that it was just a piece of straw that gently sways in the air.
9:11:49 PM <Khophus> “What? What is everyone looking at?”
9:12:10 PM <DM_Tol> By the time you look back down, the scarecrow is holding its two hands out, with closed fists.
9:12:34 PM <Ash> “It's guessing time.”
9:12:39 PM <Miri> “This is like that game the sleezy men play back at the tavern for money”
9:13:06 PM <Theriand> “Oh, his hat, it moved.”
9:13:15 PM * *Terres looks at both hamds trying to figure out which side the stone is in
9:13:41 PM <Miri> “it's never in the hands.” mutters to herself mostly.
9:13:45 PM * *Terres looks at Theriand and then at the hat
9:14:08 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, as pointed out, something about the creatures hat might look different.
9:14:20 PM <Terres> “I guess it might be worth a try”
9:14:47 PM * *Terres reaches out as if he is about to chose a hand then moves his hand and tries to grab the hat
9:15:12 PM <DM_Tol> The scarecrow deftly dodges you, and then bows slightly.
9:15:25 PM <DM_Tol> It removes its hat, and holds the upside down hat out in front of it towards you.
9:15:32 PM <DM_Tol> Inside, you see the stone piece.
9:15:50 PM * *Terres nods and reaches into the hat to take the stone
9:16:30 PM <DM_Tol> As you take the stone, the scarecrow places the hat upon its head, and then tumbles over a couple steps and falls lifeless against the nearby wall.
9:17:03 PM <Dyan|> “Lots of stones”
9:17:07 PM <Terres> “Good catch with the hat, i could have sworn it was in the left hand.”
9:17:17 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus??? the armor suit begins to sidestep, raising its blade.
9:17:42 PM <Miri> (brb)
9:17:43 PM * *Khophus counter-steps and raises his blade.
9:19:47 PM <Khophus> “Ready when you are.”
9:19:48 PM <DM_Tol> It swings at your legs.
9:20:10 PM <DM_Tol> (so, did you figure out your archetype? do you have maneuvers?)
9:20:10 PM <Miri> (back)
9:20:17 PM * *Khophus hops over it and swings at the creature's neck.
9:20:34 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+8
9:20:34 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(18)+8]: 26
9:20:47 PM <Khophus> (I have no manuvers – the only think I can do now is crit on a 19 or 20)
9:21:13 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, you???re champion)
9:21:34 PM <DM_Tol> It hits your legs.
9:21:47 PM <DM_Tol> 1d10+5
9:21:48 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d10(7)+5]: 12
9:21:57 PM <DM_Tol> You take 12 nonlethal damage.
9:22:00 PM * *Khophus barks and tries to retain his balance.
9:22:44 PM <DM_Tol> (roll your neck attack)
9:22:56 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
9:22:57 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(8)+5]: 13
9:23:03 PM <Khophus> (*sigh*)
9:23:07 PM <DM_Tol> Your blow glances off the armor.
9:23:16 PM <DM_Tol> It swings at your legs again.
9:23:19 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+9
9:23:19 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(12)+9]: 21
9:23:20 PM <Khophus> (spends second wind)
9:24:19 PM <DM_Tol> It smacks your legs again.
9:24:25 PM <DM_Tol> 1d10+5
9:24:25 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d10(5)+5]: 10
9:24:36 PM <Khophus> 1d10+3
9:24:37 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d10(1)+3]: 4
9:24:58 PM <DM_Tol> (action?)
9:25:34 PM * *Khophus tries to hop over again, but gets caught in the hamystring and pitches over with a dead thud.
9:26:06 PM <DM_Tol> (are you saying you???re at 0?)
9:26:10 PM <Khophus> (Yep)
9:26:31 PM <DM_Tol> (It???s nonlethal damage, so you???re on your knees.)
9:26:41 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus drops to his knees.
9:27:00 PM <DM_Tol> (You can still attempt a strike.)
9:27:15 PM <Terres> (sweep the leg)
9:27:28 PM * *Khophus swings out wildly.
9:27:34 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
9:27:35 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(20)+5]: 25 (Yahoo!)
9:27:40 PM <Khophus> (FINALLY!)
9:27:49 PM <DM_Tol> (well)
9:27:54 PM <Kayalia> (yay)
9:28:12 PM <Terres> (from now one always swing out wildly)
9:28:14 PM <Dyan|> (woot)
9:28:37 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, debilitated, swings at the suit???s legs, as it was doing to him. The leg pieces fly off as the suit of armor crashes to the ground in front of him.
9:28:46 PM <Khophus> (double the dice? I can't remember)
9:29:14 PM <DM_Tol> The headpiece falls last, as the mouth/nose shield raises. Inside the helm, you see an object.
9:29:46 PM * *Khophus lunges for the object.
9:30:23 PM <DM_Tol> You reach out aggressively, and retried a precision cut stone piece, similar to the others.
9:30:33 PM <Khophus> “Is this important?”
9:31:04 PM <Miri> “yes”
9:31:13 PM <Khophus> “Here!”
9:31:25 PM <DM_Tol> Theriand, the smoke creature begins to move again. It circles around you as the sounds of the small fire/ice/lightning storm goes on enclosed inside its smokey mist.
9:31:41 PM <DM_Tol> It stops, and a hold opens up in its torso once more.
9:31:59 PM * *Theriand shoves his hand in just to get it overwith
9:32:13 PM <DM_Tol> (roll 1d3)
9:32:16 PM <Theriand> 1d3
9:32:16 PM «TolBot» [Theriand's 1d3(2)]: 2
9:32:35 PM <DM_Tol> Theriand??? your hand begins to feel very warm.
9:32:41 PM <DM_Tol> (leaving it in there?)
9:32:50 PM <Theriand> “Do you worst!” (Yes)
9:33:13 PM <DM_Tol> (roll con save)
9:33:20 PM <Theriand> 1d20+5
9:33:21 PM «TolBot» [Theriand's 1d20(17)+5]: 22
9:34:10 PM <DM_Tol> Theriand??? your hands grows hotter and hotter. It feels as your flesh ultimately burns off the bone.
9:34:36 PM <DM_Tol> You fist clenches tight with the searing pain. You fall down, dizzy, losing consciousness.
9:35:01 PM <DM_Tol> The smoke creature dissipates into the air.
9:35:25 PM <DM_Tol> You, Theriand, open your eyes, and see your hand is simply a clenched fist, with no damage to your skin.
9:35:53 PM <Theriand> “Heh, guess I'm made of tougher stuff.”
9:36:08 PM <Khophus> (He is the Kwizach Haderacht!)
9:36:10 PM <Miri> “anything in your hand?”
9:36:46 PM * *Theriand opens his hand
9:36:50 PM <DM_Tol> As you open your hand, you see a stone piece in your palm, which you can only now begin to feel as your nerve ending return to normal.
9:36:55 PM <Terres> (fear is a mind killer)
9:37:05 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet springs to life once more.
9:37:10 PM <Theriand> “Well, my hand gets turned to bone and all i get is the lousy stone…”
9:37:28 PM * *Kayalia stifles a yawn.
9:37:29 PM <DM_Tol> It moves skippily over before you Kayalia.
9:37:44 PM * *Kayalia bows to the puppet once more.
9:37:50 PM <DM_Tol> It begins to dance a different dance and then ends with a flourish.
9:37:54 PM <Miri> “i wonder how many of these we need before we have enough for the door….”
9:37:57 PM <DM_Tol> It holds its pose.
9:38:05 PM * *Kayalia tries to match the puppet's steps.
9:38:12 PM <DM_Tol> (roll perform)
9:38:15 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 Performance
9:38:15 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(14)+7 'Performance']: 21
9:38:32 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia moves as did the puppet, and then mimics the dance well.
9:38:41 PM <DM_Tol> The stringed creature comically bows to you.
9:39:00 PM <DM_Tol> It them spins around and rubs it???s throat, as it begins to make a sound.
9:39:27 PM <DM_Tol> It seems to be singing, as it belts out an eery vocalization, ending on a very high note.
9:39:40 PM <DM_Tol> (think stage scene from 5th element)
9:39:46 PM <DM_Tol> It turns to look at Kayalia.
9:39:59 PM * *Kayalia offers another bow, this time exaggerated in nature, just as the puppet's. “Very well.” She clears her throat, hums a few bars, and begins to sing her own melody. Something she remembered from a few years back.
9:40:10 PM <DM_Tol> (Performance roll, then)
9:40:18 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 Performance
9:40:18 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(3)+7 'Performance']: 10
9:40:22 PM <Kayalia> (>.>)
9:40:30 PM * *Kayalia performs in a ho-hum fashion.
9:40:57 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet tilts its head, then it spins and offers the same vocalization it did previously.
9:41:11 PM <Khophus> (Power Word: Simon Cowell)
9:41:20 PM <DM_Tol> It looks at you.
9:41:26 PM * *Kayalia tries to match the puppet's pitch, to the best of her ability.
9:41:32 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 Performance
9:41:32 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(1)+7 'Performance']: 8 (Tsk, tsk)
9:41:37 PM <Kayalia> (for serious?)
9:42:00 PM <DM_Tol> The Puppet stops its comically whimsical maneuvers.
9:42:06 PM <DM_Tol> It almost seems to grow.
9:42:09 PM * *Kayalia coughs. “Boy, my voice is a bit off today.”
9:42:39 PM <Terres> (you dont have inspiration or anything, or can i give my inspiration die to Kay?)
9:42:58 PM <DM_Tol> It moves closer to you, then offers a vocalization just as before, ending on a high note.
9:43:03 PM <Ash> (You can give inspiration)
9:43:07 PM <Kayalia> (I'm not a bard, so, no inspiration.)
9:43:21 PM <DM_Tol> (if you roll again, do so with disadvantage)
9:43:34 PM <DM_Tol> (performance, to match the song)
9:43:40 PM <Terres> (i have a inspiration point so if i can i will pas it to Kay)
9:43:46 PM <Kayalia> (how do I roll disadvantage?)
9:43:46 PM <DM_Tol> (ok)
9:44:02 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 dis
9:44:03 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(15)+7 'dis']: 22
9:44:06 PM * *Kayalia steps a foot and tries again to carry the same melody as the puppet.
9:44:11 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 disadv
9:44:11 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(9, 15)+7 'disadv']: 16
9:44:21 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 disadv
9:44:22 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(18, 20)+7 'disadv']: 25
9:44:23 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet leans in.
9:44:30 PM <Kayalia> (lol)
9:44:41 PM <Terres> (psych!)
9:44:51 PM <DM_Tol> It???s then steps back, whimsical movements once more.
9:45:32 PM <DM_Tol> It tugs on one of its strings and then you see it dangles a stone piece from a string it holds in its fingers.
9:45:43 PM <DM_Tol> It reaches out towards you with it.
9:46:53 PM * *Kayalia makes a swishing movement forward, dipping down to move her own hand over the smaller figure's hand, pausing there for a moment, just in case the puppet had something else in mind other than taking the stone, then takes it if not.
9:47:13 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet falls to the ground, lifeless, as you take the sone.
9:47:15 PM <DM_Tol> stone.
9:47:21 PM <Dyan|> (yay more stones)
9:47:35 PM <Kayalia> (/me throws a stone at Dylan)
9:47:35 PM <DM_Tol> The stone creatures steps back over the crack, and raises its arms towards you, Miri.
9:47:39 PM <Terres> “Who likes puzzles?”
9:47:53 PM <Khophus> “Not me.”
9:48:06 PM * *Miri runs a dagger over her hand and goes into a rage before moving infront of the creature once more, getting ready to push.
9:48:20 PM <Kayalia> “Depends on the type of puzzle, I suppose,” Kaya says as she runs a hand through her hair.
9:48:25 PM <DM_Tol> (roll STR check)
9:48:30 PM <DM_Tol> (with adv)
9:48:39 PM <Miri> 1d20+2 adv
9:48:40 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(16, 16)+2 'adv']: 18
9:49:02 PM <DM_Tol> The stone creature pushes you back, then falls to your advances.
9:49:03 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20
9:49:04 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(2)]: 2
9:49:27 PM <DM_Tol> It takes some doing, but you begin to make progress, over powering??? just enought to step of ther crack.
9:49:35 PM <Ash> “I guess I'll see about putting these pieces together while we wait for the shoving contest to finish.”
9:49:51 PM * *Terres passes his stone piece to Ash
9:50:00 PM * *Khophus gives his stone to the others.
9:50:05 PM <DM_Tol> As you step over, the creature stands upright. It goes stiff.
9:50:22 PM <DM_Tol> It begins to tilt.
9:50:37 PM <DM_Tol> It falls over and smashes onto the stone floor.
9:51:06 PM * *Miri will look for any piece of stone that looks different from the rest of the stone creature.
9:51:08 PM <DM_Tol> Among the rubble from the creature, you see a small precision cut stone.
9:51:23 PM * *Miri takes the stone and takes it over to Ash “here you go”
9:51:43 PM <Ash> “Good work.”
9:51:49 PM <DM_Tol> As you play with the pieces, you think they definitely fit together.
9:52:09 PM * *Dyan| gives his stone a well
9:52:26 PM <DM_Tol> (whoever is assembling, roll a Insight. however, someone assisting first roll insight dc10 to give advantage)
9:52:36 PM <DM_Tol> You gather the 7 stone pieces
9:52:39 PM * *Miri will aid to give advantage.
9:52:58 PM * *Khophus tries to shake the cobwebs out of his head.
9:53:08 PM <Miri> 1d20+1 vs dc10
9:53:08 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(13)+1 'vs dc10']: 14 (Success)
9:53:12 PM <Ash> 1d20+4 adv
9:53:12 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(9, 10)+4 'adv']: 14
9:53:38 PM <DM_Tol> You assemble the pieces. You seem to have 3 of them definitely fit together.
9:53:59 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, this is a HARD puzzle)
9:54:02 PM * *Theriand hands over his piece as well
9:54:23 PM <DM_Tol> (mostly what that means, is, you can ???take 10??????. but that means like, 10 hours)
9:54:51 PM <Ash> “Hmmm these 3 fit together well, but it's odd, almost like an interlocking puzzle or something.”
9:55:47 PM <Terres> “Maybe if you compare it to the indent on the door”
9:56:09 PM * *Khophus pokes around for some healing.
9:56:27 PM <Ash> “Good idea.”
9:57:23 PM * *Ash takes the pieces over to the door to try to get a visual clue as to how this all fits together.
9:57:38 PM <DM_Tol> You examine the door and the pieces, and continue trying.
9:57:47 PM <Ash> (reroll?)
9:57:55 PM <Terres> (anything the rest of us can do ?)
9:58:00 PM <DM_Tol> (as I said, your group chance did not assemble them all. You do not get another roll)
9:58:25 PM <DM_Tol> (It will now take you 10 hours working on it to assemble.)
9:58:37 PM <Ash> “I can't figure these out.”
9:58:42 PM * *Theriand looks around for a safe place to rest
9:58:47 PM <Dylan|> (i cant use inspiration toget antoher roll?)
9:59:00 PM <DM_Tol> (not here, dylan)
9:59:17 PM <Terres> (cant really have double advantage)
9:59:38 PM <DM_Tol> (lol. advantageadvantage)
9:59:48 PM <DM_Tol> (adv^2)
10:00:04 PM <DM_Tol> (So, someone continually working on it for 10 hours)
10:00:22 PM <Miri> “So we know these three go together for sure….everyone get some rest, i'll keep working on it.”
10:00:41 PM * *Khophus plops down on the floor and promptly snoozes.
10:00:49 PM <Ash> “Rest might be wise, if the next floor is the unpleasant one.”
10:01:04 PM <DM_Tol> (Protip: if you switch off every hour or two, that would be a long rest for eveyone.)
10:01:11 PM <Miri> “especially for those with spells”
10:02:20 PM * *Theriand finds himself a cozy corner and takes a seat
10:02:51 PM * *Terres gets comfortable as well
10:02:57 PM * *Dylan| tells them to wake him to take a turn and naps
10:05:12 PM <DM_Tol> The group finds spots to take turns resting, as the puzzle pieces lay on the table, each taking a turn at them on their ???watch???.
10:05:39 PM <DM_Tol> After several hours, most of you begin to wake.
10:06:08 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan is sitting at the table, two pieces left in his hand.
10:06:39 PM * *Dylan| looks at the pieces
10:06:42 PM <Dylan|> “two”
10:06:51 PM * *Khophus snorts and sits up. “Oh.”
10:07:27 PM <DM_Tol> Some of you gather to look and add to the advice. Dylan, you remove two pieces and then see where you can insert one, and then three.
10:10:07 PM <Dylan|> “Thoughts?”
10:10:17 PM <Dylan|> (sorry i was waiting for advice)
10:11:18 PM * *Miri shrugs with a yawn. “none from me.”
10:11:22 PM * *Khophus shrugs his shoulders. “Burn it?”
10:12:25 PM * *Dylan| looks at ash
10:12:31 PM * *Terres looks at the stone “Maybe you have it upside down”
10:12:37 PM <DM_Tol> All the pieces are now fit together in the almost nearly balanced shape.
10:12:43 PM <Ash> “I don't know, try that piece there.”
10:12:51 PM <DM_Tol> It now looks very much like the indentation in the stone door.
10:12:59 PM <Dylan|> “Who wants to put this in the door?”
10:13:28 PM * *Kayalia pops her stone into the door, still whistling the marionette's tune.
10:14:02 PM * *Terres steps behind Khopus
10:14:07 PM <Magestar> (Computer just crashed, be back in a second)
10:14:37 PM <DM_Tol> The piece fits well and easily into the slot in the door.
10:14:38 PM * *Khophus turns around and looks at Terres. “Admit it – you love me for my body.”
10:14:40 PM <DM_Tol> Nothing happens.
10:15:14 PM <Magestar> Ash: ???Probably for how much cover it gives.???
10:15:36 PM <Khophus> “It's still love.”
10:16:04 PM * *Dylan| pushes the door
10:16:06 PM <Terres> “Sure is mr Shield”
10:16:20 PM <DM_Tol> Nothign happens as you push.
10:17:32 PM * *Dylan| tries turning the pieces
10:18:45 PM * *Terres steps from behind Khophus and takes a look at the door and the key
10:18:55 PM <Terres> “Anything happening?”
10:19:23 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, you examine the door. You pull the ???key??? out and look at it.
10:19:42 PM <DM_Tol> The shape still looks almost symmetrical, nearly balanced.
10:20:20 PM <Terres> “Any way we can fit that medalion we found in this?”
10:21:14 PM <DM_Tol> As Terres mentions the ???medalion??? charm you found on a corpse???s necklace, you realize it looks much like the other precision cut stone pieces you???ve been assembling.
10:21:18 PM <Terres> (can i see whats missing?)
10:21:57 PM <Ash> Perhaps we need to use ALL the keys we've encountered thus far.
10:22:34 PM <DM_Tol> (who has the other stone piece from the acid level?)
10:23:27 PM <Ash> (It's around somewhere)
10:23:35 PM <Terres> (Miri?)
10:23:45 PM <DM_Tol> (is miri afk?)
10:23:52 PM <Miri> (sorry…)
10:24:01 PM * *Miri pulls out the medalion “sorry, here”
10:24:54 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, taking Miri???s piece, it looks like it would fit.
10:24:56 PM <DM_Tol> (Inspiration point to Terres if you don???t already have one)
10:25:05 PM <Terres> (all full up)
10:25:31 PM <DM_Tol> A couple of you jockey around with the pieces, and by removing two of them, you can insert three together.
10:25:49 PM <DM_Tol> As you slide the pieces in, you feel a slight vibration as they fit together.
10:26:00 PM * *Terres tries to fit the key now including the medalion charm into the lock again
10:27:12 PM * *Khophus shrugs his shoulders and goes back to sleep.
10:28:38 PM <Ash> “I'm sorry, are we keeping you awake?”
10:28:42 PM <DM_Tol> The key fits even better into the door. As it moves into place, it snaps in, as if magnitized.
10:28:52 PM <Khophus> (/me snores
10:28:56 PM * *Khophus snores
10:29:07 PM <DM_Tol> You hear a * *click*, and the large stone door moves open a couple feet.
10:29:09 PM * *Terres steps back “here we go”
10:29:38 PM * *Terres mutters a few words and casts Mage armor on himself (i think it expired during the break)
10:29:52 PM * *Dylan| waits in anticipation
10:30:08 PM <Terres> “Your move Mr shield”
10:30:11 PM * *Miri takes a deep breath, and then pulls the door open a lil more before moving through it.
10:30:12 PM <Khophus> (We've had a long rest, right?)
10:30:17 PM <Miri> (yes)
10:30:20 PM <Terres> (yep)
10:30:20 PM * *Khophus grumbles and stands up.
10:30:23 PM <Ash> (10 hours… nope.)
10:30:55 PM * *Khophus picks up his sword and shield.
10:31:13 PM <Khophus> “Squishy ones behind me.”
10:31:20 PM <Terres> “Thats me”
10:31:24 PM <DM_Tol> You swing the door open more.
10:31:36 PM * *Kayalia sings a few bars of an old tavern tune about bravery on the way home after a night of drinking, in the face of an angry wife.
10:31:45 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash, you did have a long rest)
10:32:02 PM <Ash> (I was being snarky)
10:32:35 PM * *Theriand gets to his feet
10:32:37 PM <Kayalia> “I really do need to practice more.”
10:32:58 PM * *Miri is already through the door.
10:33:01 PM <DM_Tol> Beyond the door is a stairwell down.
10:33:51 PM <Terres> “Down we go i guess”
10:34:00 PM <Khophus> “I guess.”
10:34:06 PM * *Miri lights her sword and begins heading down the stairs.
10:34:11 PM * *Khophus starts down the stairwell.
10:34:23 PM * *Terres follows Khophus and others
10:34:29 PM <Ash> “So what do you think will be down here?”
10:35:02 PM <Miri> “death probably”
10:35:12 PM <Theriand> “Death… Destruction… Everything we really don't want…”
10:35:15 PM <Ash> “Sounds about right.”
10:35:18 PM <Khophus> “Not ours, obviously.”
10:35:25 PM <Terres> “Or maybe a nice surprise, treasure would be nice”
10:35:46 PM <Dylan|> “Or lemon pie, i like pie”
10:36:19 PM <DM_Tol> You move downard. The stairs here are not like the others. they go level from 15 ft, then down 15more to the right, then again and again, tighter circles, down and down.
10:36:25 PM <DM_Tol> the glowing moss remains on the walls.
10:36:30 PM <Ash> “So death, destruction, and the lot of us baked into lemon pies.”
10:36:44 PM <Khophus> “I like lemon pies.”
10:40:07 PM * *Miri continues down the stairs.
10:40:11 PM <DM_Tol> After 20 minutes of slow descent, the stairs level off onto a hallway. The hairs on the back of your neck (if you have them) stand up.
10:40:39 PM <Terres> “I have a bad feeling about this”
10:40:56 PM * *Khophus looks around.
10:41:40 PM <Ash> “You and I both.”
10:41:49 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, about 5 ft into the hall, on the wall, you see ??? | | | | | | | ???
10:41:51 PM <Dylan|> “This is creepy”
10:42:03 PM <DM_Tol> It almost feels like static in the air.
10:42:42 PM <Miri> “the sooner we get through it, the sooner we get out of here…assuming we survive.”
10:43:18 PM * *Kayalia catches up to where Khophus is, eventually. “This, again?” She's looking at the marks on the wall.
10:43:30 PM <Ash> “Should be the last one.”
10:43:49 PM <DM_Tol> In the dim light, 40ft ahead there is a door.
10:44:22 PM <DM_Tol> It is a metal door. As you approach, you percieve a buzzing hum from behind it.
10:44:31 PM <Khophus> “Bees?”
10:44:35 PM * *Terres looks at the walls and ceiling for any signs of what may be ahead
10:44:53 PM <Kayalia> “I'm no good with bees. Good luck, everyone!”
10:45:13 PM <DM_Tol> You do not see anythng but the door.
10:45:14 PM <Dylan|> “Bees? this far underground?”
10:45:19 PM <Dylan|> “Unlikely”
10:45:24 PM * *Dylan| approaches the door
10:45:39 PM <Khophus> “Wasps? I mean – I don't carwe because they don't hurt me.”
10:45:52 PM <Ash> “Well then guess who's going first.”
10:46:09 PM * *Dylan| pushes on the door
10:46:36 PM <Khophus> “Miri?”
10:46:48 PM * *Theriand sighs and moves forward quietly
10:46:56 PM <Miri> “what?”
10:46:58 PM * *Kayalia lightly touches Khophus' back as if the intimate pushing him forward.
10:47:02 PM <DM_Tol> The door is made of metal. It seems to have a simple latch handle.
10:47:43 PM <Khophus> “I thought Miri would go first…and who's pushing me?”
10:47:52 PM * *Dylan| pulls the handle open
10:48:16 PM <Kayalia> “Walking through fire, walking through bees, same thing!”
10:49:13 PM <DM_Tol> With some effort, the latch, old and long since opened, forces up. The door pulls open.
10:49:26 PM <Khophus> “Not really!”
10:49:41 PM <DM_Tol> The hair on your arm flies straight up as static fills the air. The space ahead is more brightly lit.
10:50:13 PM <Terres> “Feels like lightning is close”
10:50:25 PM * *Khophus crouches down.”
10:50:29 PM <Miri> “Well come on…”
10:50:30 PM <Kayalia> “Yeah.”
10:50:36 PM <Ash> “Probably the power from that thing keeping the demon bound here.”
10:50:45 PM <Dylan|> “Lightning?”
10:51:01 PM <DM_Tol> You move through the doorway. the hall opens up to 15ft wide. Ahead you can tell is a widern room of great expanse.
10:51:18 PM <Dylan|> “So who wants to go in?”
10:51:30 PM <Theriand> (you hear a deep laughter as the world around you goes white… Game Over…)
10:51:30 PM * *Miri will go in.
10:51:36 PM <Kayalia> “I'm not dodging lightning, so there better not be traps here that do that.”
10:52:10 PM * *Khophus will follow
10:52:32 PM <DM_Tol> You move down the hall, into the light.
10:52:34 PM * *Dylan| will go after khompus
10:52:53 PM <Dylan|> (sounds so ominous when you say it that way)
10:52:54 PM <DM_Tol> You see a round or oval shape space, 50-60ft in diameter. The walls are a silver color. The floor a deep red. The ceiling is eerily difficult to make out. It is not that high, maybe 20ft, but dark or elusive.
10:52:59 PM * *Terres moves into the room and takes it all in
10:53:38 PM * *Khophus looks for openings
10:53:40 PM <DM_Tol> In the center of the room is an object glowing with orange light, large pillar shaped obelisk.
10:53:46 PM <Theriand> (insert FF7 Boss Battle Music)
10:54:08 PM <Kayalia> (Ruby weapon emerges)
10:54:11 PM <Ash> “There it is.”
10:54:44 PM <Terres> “ we were looking for something like this”
10:55:08 PM <DM_Tol> Surrounding the obelisk are four magical humanoids, robed and old, hands raised towards the center object, with constant streams of greenish blue lighthing or magical stream connecting with the pillar.
10:55:29 PM <Miri> “so…kill the ones feeding it then?”
10:55:51 PM <Ash> “I don't know if it will be that easy.”
10:56:04 PM <DM_Tol> (I have in mind for there four mages/summoners here an area in world of warcraft??? they flank the stone and constantly hit it with their stream)
10:56:11 PM <DM_Tol> (I think in WoW, you couldn???t even hit them)
10:56:32 PM <Miri> “no, but it's a place to start perhaps.”
10:56:36 PM <Miri> (never played wow :P)
10:57:06 PM <Khophus> (played it – didn't cotton to it)
10:57:30 PM <Theriand> (I looked at it and said WoW! Not interested… and walked away)
10:57:54 PM <DM_Tol> It is, otherwise, a very simple room. You see no other creatures about, and they seem frozen in their magical task, not noticing you.
10:58:04 PM * *Dylan| watches them
10:58:06 PM * *Kayalia whispers to the nearest person, “I wonder how they got down here, given the gauntlet of traps and all.”
10:58:27 PM <Dylan|> “I wonder what we should do now”
10:58:29 PM <Terres> “And which one of them had to dance against the puppet”
10:58:41 PM <Khophus> “Hit them in the head?”
10:58:52 PM <Terres> (can i figure out what exactly they are doing?)
10:58:57 PM * *Kayalia thumbs her lower lip. “Probably that one. He's got dancer's legs.”
10:59:23 PM <Miri> “Perhaps they are in bondage here and forced to do this against their will…otherwise they would have attacked us by now, no?”
10:59:56 PM <DM_Tol> From any arcana examination, they look to be doing deep, dark, otherworldly magic. Related to portals and planes and containment.
10:59:59 PM * *Terres takes a closer look at what exactly the four figures are doing
11:00:23 PM <Ash> “It could be they can't interact with us immediately.”
11:00:31 PM <DM_Tol> They each look to be locked into a ritual upon the pillar.
11:00:44 PM <Miri> “so do we hit them or the pillar?”
11:01:04 PM <Terres> “We need to stop the ritual”
11:01:09 PM <Khophus> “I think them.”
11:01:12 PM <Dylan|> “This pillar is what allows the demon lord to be in this plane?”
11:02:28 PM <Terres> (being a warlock meddling with demons in my daily life is there a way to figure out the best way to interrupt thi ritual)
11:02:32 PM <DM_Tol> (one chance to act / do something before session)
11:02:41 PM <Kayalia> “Well, I have a non-lethal idea at least,” Kayalia muses as she flicks her war fan open. Knocking these guys back should disrupt them without hurting them.
11:02:43 PM <DM_Tol> (you can just try)
11:04:09 PM <Dylan|> “I agree, lets try pushing them over”
11:04:14 PM <Dylan|> “All four at once?”
11:04:31 PM <Khophus> “OK – I can do that.”
11:04:47 PM * *Theriand whispers “or we sneak up behind them and slit their throats…”
11:04:48 PM <Miri> “let her try it with her fan first.”
11:04:48 PM <Kayalia> (Not sure. All I know is my force push has a 20 ft range. Dunno if its line or cone or what)
11:04:50 PM * *Dylan| approches on a mage
11:04:55 PM * *Khophus walks up to one of the wizardly-types…
11:05:06 PM <Ash> “I'm not good with slitting somebody's throat in cold blood.”
11:05:18 PM <Dylan|> “No, I will not be a part of killing someone in cold blood”
11:05:19 PM <DM_Tol> (cone, kayalia)
11:05:41 PM <Terres> (there is no reaction from those mages?
11:05:42 PM <Kayalia> “Very well,' Kaya moves within range to knock down 3-4 of them with a cone of wind, and lets loose.
11:05:54 PM <Theriand> “May be cold, but your hands would be moist and warm afterwards, and it'd put an end to whatever they're doing… but,” he shrugs, “we can try non-lethal first.”
11:06:05 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia lets out a blast.
11:06:09 PM * *Dylan| pushes on the wizardy type he's next to
11:06:30 PM <DM_Tol> It hits one of the casters, which moves under the gust, her stream sputtering for a nanosecond.
11:06:32 PM <Kayalia> (DC 13 CON or move 5 ft)
11:06:39 PM * *Khophus whacks one with his shield
11:06:44 PM <DM_Tol> And in that same nanosecond, the room changes.
11:07:09 PM <DM_Tol> Or you are transported to a room that is the exact same size, shape.
11:07:26 PM <DM_Tol> You remain wehre you are, but the room arond you changes.
11:07:43 PM <Kayalia> :o
11:07:44 PM <DM_Tol> There are small benches all around. There are windows.
11:08:00 PM <DM_Tol> Lots of windows, and you can tell that you are high up in a tower.
11:08:20 PM <DM_Tol> There is a raised platform on one end of the room.
11:08:24 PM * *Ash realizes what might have just happened.
11:08:26 PM * *Miri looks about. “perhaps killing them would have been the better option.”
11:08:28 PM <Ash> “Oh no!”
11:08:33 PM * *Kayalia looks around, bewildered. “Not what I expected.”
11:08:44 PM <Khophus> “Where are we?”
11:08:46 PM * *Dylan| seems confounded
11:08:51 PM <DM_Tol> On the raised platform you see a large winged demon leaning over a chair.
11:09:00 PM <Khophus> (Well, poo…)
11:09:02 PM <Miri> “you remember that demon we weren't supposed to fight…”
11:09:06 PM <DM_Tol> And on the benches, are a dozen or so various shaped demons.
11:09:09 PM <Ash> “Oh #%&@!”
11:09:14 PM <Terres> “Well this isnt good”
11:09:22 PM * *Khophus frowns at Ash.
11:09:26 PM <DM_Tol> Several of them turn to look at you as you start making sounds.as you begin to
11:09:40 PM * *Theriand sighs, “Make it quick…”
11:09:58 PM * *Dylan| says a prayer
11:10:02 PM <DM_Tol> As they begin to near your, the light flickers again and you are back in the first room. The fourth caster has resumed her stream upon the obelisk.
11:10:11 PM <Miri> “they are demons…quick isn't in there vocabulary.”
11:10:14 PM <DM_Tol> * * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close * *

campaigns/the_forth/session_25_-_2-18-2018_-_challenges_2.txt · Last modified: 2018/02/19 05:12 by ryubasteon