Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/a/a22aecb1c366d195189445dfecaa1618.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_24_-_2-11-2018_-_challenges
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/a/a22aecb1c366d195189445dfecaa1618.xhtml failed

Session Log for: 2/11/2018
8:41:20 PM <Khophus> (look like they were drawn in action? Pointing towards something?)
8:44:09 PM <DM_Tol> The room is well lit. There are some candlabras, however they are unlit. The light comes from the illuminating moss abundant in the corners of the room.
8:44:26 PM <Ash> “Well this doesn't look creepy at all.”
8:44:33 PM * *Ash lays the sarcasm on thick
8:44:53 PM <Khophus> “It doesn't. I looks rather friendly.”
8:45:01 PM <Miri> “This scares me more then blades flying out of nowhere.”
8:45:38 PM * *Terres makes sure he stands next to a big beefy person
8:46:01 PM * *Khophus looks down at Terres
8:47:04 PM * *Terres looks up at Khopus and says “ Dont worry i'll protect you”
8:48:39 PM <Miri> “well, we going to stand here all day or actually move?”
8:48:41 PM <Khophus> “Thank you.”
8:49:03 PM <Ash> “eh”
8:49:14 PM <Khophus> “Given what we've gone through – standing seems the safe thing.”
8:51:13 PM <Dylan|> “Yea, but we can't stand here forever”
8:51:18 PM * *Dylan| looks around
8:51:30 PM <Kayalia> “We're 6 floors underground and now we see furnished hallways for the first time? This is a strange design choice.”
8:51:52 PM * *Ash tosses a rock into the room to see what happens.
8:52:32 PM <Dylan|> “Yea”
8:53:11 PM <Dylan|> “In the stories, these figures come to life and attack the intrepid heroes”
8:53:37 PM <Khophus> “And then the father closes the book and says no more story for you.”
8:53:58 PM <Ash> “Well that's probably because the kid is dead.”
8:54:13 PM * *Kayalia looks around for 'hero' amongst the group.
8:54:19 PM <DM_Tol> The rock tossed produces nothing.
8:54:33 PM * *Khophus holds up his shield and walks into the room.
8:54:48 PM <Miri> “well…no hero but what the hell…” Steps into the room just behind khophus
8:54:57 PM <Terres> “I have a good mind to zap one of those to see if it moves…”
8:55:17 PM * *Ash levels his shield and follows the other 2.
8:55:28 PM <Khophus> “Hello?”
8:55:29 PM <DM_Tol> As you move forward, looking around you identify a half dozen inanimate figures.
8:56:23 PM * *Dylan| follows them into the room
8:56:51 PM * *Khophus gets into a defensive position. “Front! Fromt! Fromt!”
8:57:03 PM <DM_Tol> A full suit of armor stands in a nook to the right. A scarecrow hangs on a pole. a Skeleton leans against a wall. A pile of stones in the shape of a humanoid off in a corner.
8:57:40 PM <Miri> “If i were a betting person, i'd say we touch any of these and we get attacked.”
8:58:00 PM <Kayalia> (you said there was a 'stick figure' or did I misread?)
8:58:25 PM <Kayalia> (if so is that like a 3d representation of a 6 year old's drawing, or a person made of sticks? lol)
8:58:59 PM * *Dylan| looks around the room for another door
8:59:41 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, you see a pile of poles leaning against a table.
8:59:55 PM * *Dylan| looks for another door
9:00:36 PM <DM_Tol> At the end of the nice hall, is a large stone door, like the others. In the middle of the door is clearly marked an inset shpae carved out, where a shape is obvously intended to be inserted.
9:01:10 PM <Khophus> (What's the shape)
9:01:29 PM <Terres> (we would need to get deeper into the tra i mean room to see)
9:01:31 PM * *Kayalia swallows her fear and walks forward, gingerly stepping through the corridor with her eyes on the floor, walls, and ceiling as she proceeds, stopping in front of each sculpture and examining each briefly.
9:02:19 PM * *Miri slowly moves through the room. heading for the door once she sees it.
9:02:55 PM * *Terres sticks close to Khopus (to protect him)
9:04:05 PM * *Khophus keeps looking around for something to jump out, becaus that's what's supposed to happen in the books…
9:04:38 PM <DM_Tol> You move slowly into the room. The shape on the door on the far side looks like the shape you???ve been seeing all along.
9:04:51 PM * *Ash stays back in the room where he can survey the entire room.
9:05:55 PM <Khophus> “Don't we have something that is shaped like that?”
9:06:56 PM <Miri> “I thought it was were we put whatever the room's theme is in it.”
9:06:58 PM * *Terres makes a few gestures and whispers a spell to refresh Mage armor on himself
9:07:14 PM <DM_Tol> As you look at it, the familiar shape indentation in the wall is a size you???ve not encounters, and it???s more three dimensional.
9:07:34 PM <Ash> “It's probably something in the room then.
9:08:15 PM <Khophus> “What are we looking for?”
9:08:30 PM <Ash> “Something that looks like that keyhole.
9:08:53 PM <Ash> “I would guess with all the things in this room, it's probably a piece from each one of them.”
9:09:20 PM <Miri> “Well…what do we dismantle first?”
9:09:45 PM * *Khophus starts wandering around, making sure Terres is close for protection.
9:09:56 PM <Ash> “The scarecrow looks the least likely to rip us apart right off the bat.”
9:10:20 PM <Miri> “What part you think we need from it?”
9:10:38 PM <Ash> “No clue. Something that looks unordinary.”
9:11:15 PM * *Kayalia must not have noticed anything in particular while investigating the sculptures.
9:11:22 PM <Miri> “well ok then…one dismantled scarecrow coming up….maybe.” She unsheeths her sword and moves towards the scarecrow, taking a closer look at it.
9:12:06 PM * *Kayalia reaches out with her weapon and pokes the bundle of sticks, sliding one aside so that it will fall over in the opposite direction of how it was leaning.
9:12:08 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, the only thing of note is that the figures look like they move, but they are not moving.
9:12:22 PM <Dylan|> “So, do you wanna try leaving through the other door?”
9:12:28 PM <DM_Tol> The sticks seem heavier that you would think.
9:12:54 PM * *Terres looks over the room for anything of interest while they are dismantling the scarecrow
9:13:45 PM <Kayalia> (like they're glued there…? I don't see how I'd not be able to knock over a stick that's leaning against a wall or whatever…)
9:13:57 PM * *Miri starts searching the scarecrow.
9:14:18 PM * *Ash checks out the table, chair, and under the rug.
9:14:20 PM <DM_Tol> The room is decorated, finely hewn walls, an unlite candelabra, a table, a chair, a rug, small tapestries, etc.
9:14:35 PM <DM_Tol> There is nothing under the rug or table.
9:15:24 PM <Terres> “maybe we should ligh this candelabra to see better”
9:15:34 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, the stick falls over as you push it.
9:15:46 PM * *Khophus walks over and pokes at one of the tapestries.
9:15:57 PM <DM_Tol> (didn???t mean to imply it was immovable, jsut heavier than you???d think from looking at them)
9:16:02 PM * *Dylan| heads towards the other door
9:16:10 PM <DM_Tol> The tapestry moves under your force.
9:16:15 PM * *Miri continues patting down the scarecrow to see if she can find anything.
9:16:49 PM <DM_Tol> The scarecrow does not move.
9:16:56 PM * *Kayalia kneels and tries to heft the fallen stick, if possible, given its apparent weight.
9:17:04 PM * *Ash goes to examine at the skeleton.
9:17:07 PM <DM_Tol> You pick up the stick.
9:17:39 PM <Kayalia> (five, six… pick up sticks…)
9:17:58 PM <Khophus> (seven, eight…lay them straight)
9:18:13 PM <Kayalia> (/me lays them straight)
9:18:40 PM <Miri> “Still not sure what we are looking for, but I can't find anything in the scarewcrow that's out of the ordinary.”
9:18:44 PM <DM_Tol> After lining up the poles/sticks, nothing happens.
9:18:52 PM <Kayalia> (side note: laundry done! * *STRIPS*)
9:19:08 PM <Ash> (TMI?)
9:19:20 PM <Kayalia> (hehe)
9:19:44 PM <Khophus> (checking focus on camera)
9:20:07 PM <Kayalia> (o.O)
9:20:34 PM <Ash> (Are you taking the 'Pictures or it didn't happen' approach?)
9:20:59 PM <Khophus> (I prefer to call it my retirement plan)
9:21:07 PM * *Terres lights the candelabra
9:21:12 PM <Kayalia> (no, I am not drunk enough)
9:21:33 PM * *Kayalia tries to guestimate the length of her new pole.
9:22:11 PM <DM_Tol> You notice there???s also box beside the table.
9:22:27 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, the longest stick is not 2 feet long.
9:22:44 PM <Terres> “Did anyone look inside this box yet?”
9:23:07 PM <Miri> “I seriously just want to cut all of these things down before they can attack us.” Looks to Terres “there's a box?”
9:23:12 PM * *Kayalia tries to guess what the poles are made out of.
9:23:31 PM <DM_Tol> (can roll nature check, but my answer is gonna be ???some type of wood???)
9:23:49 PM <Ash> “No I didn't see it there when I checked the table.”
9:23:58 PM <Kayalia> (so, indeed wood? but the weight is surprising?)
9:24:10 PM <DM_Tol> (cause the DM miscounted)
9:24:16 PM <DM_Tol> (right)
9:24:56 PM * *Terres takes a closer look at the box ” Can anyone check for traps on this thing?”
9:25:06 PM <Kayalia> “Hm, this is very dense wood. Surprisingly heavy. I wonder what these are for? They are maybe long enough to be the shaft of a weapon, or something.”
9:25:50 PM * *Khophus looks for blades
9:26:05 PM <DM_Tol> The Kinght of Armor is holding a blade.
9:26:31 PM <Ash> “Anybody able to sense the presence of magic?”
9:26:38 PM <DM_Tol> (i don???t think Knight of Armor is right??? but you all know what I mean??? standard castle fare
9:26:59 PM <Khophus> “Could this,” points to the sword, “be attached to that?” He points at the staff.
9:27:08 PM <Terres> ( can i roll arcana to check if there is any magic traces in this room?)
9:27:11 PM <Khophus> brb
9:27:18 PM <DM_Tol> The sticks and the sword look to have no relation at all.
9:27:27 PM <DM_Tol> (sure on teh arcana)
9:27:43 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 arcana
9:27:43 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(7)+2 'arcana']: 9
9:27:57 PM <DM_Tol> You suspect the room permeates with magic, much like most of the rooms and caverns on your journey.
9:29:00 PM <Terres> “There could be magic things here or it could be that the whole place has been infused with magic, i cant discern at this time”
9:29:49 PM <Terres> ( i guess no one knows traps and stuff to check the box)
9:30:07 PM <Khophus> (I can smash it)
9:30:23 PM * *Terres pokes the box with his staff and tries to open it
9:31:05 PM <DM_Tol> The lid of the box seems on tight.
9:31:37 PM <DM_Tol> (ie, poking with a stick doesn???t lift it off.
9:32:05 PM * *Ash turns away from examining the skeleton to check out the box.
9:32:12 PM <Ash> “So what's with the box?”
9:32:33 PM * *Terres concentrates and summons a Mage hand
9:32:40 PM * *Miri keeps her sword at the ready and moves around, keeping an eye out in case anything comes to life to attack.
9:32:48 PM <Terres> “Open that for me , would you?”
9:33:19 PM <Terres> (it says mage hand can manipulate objects and open containers, i hope this works)
9:34:09 PM <Khophus> (It's a very popular spell for teen boys)
9:34:23 PM <Terres> (hey i never grew up)
9:34:26 PM <DM_Tol> Terres moves an invisible force that lifts open the box lid. Inside is a string puppet dressed in fancy clothes.
9:34:46 PM <Khophus> (Oh, God…)
9:34:56 PM <Terres> (check please!)
9:34:57 PM <Miri> (ooh hell no….that's just creepy)
9:35:22 PM <Ash> “This room just gets weirder and weirder.
9:35:48 PM <DM_Tol> (interpreted as ???this GM just gets weirder and weirder. heheh)
9:36:20 PM <Ash> (Not yet)
9:36:20 PM <Terres> (at least there were no mimes yet)
9:36:21 PM <Miri> (tol's descent into madness?)
9:36:40 PM <Khophus> (at least in the game – playing on the other hand…)
9:36:46 PM * *Terres commands the hand to empty the box on the table
9:38:55 PM <Terres> (so this coridor led to this room only, there were no other branches or door we paston the way here?)
9:38:57 PM <DM_Tol> (The box is too heavy for the hand to lift. It???s a wooden box. The puppet is like 3 feet tall you???d bguess if stretched to full height)
9:39:07 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, Terres)
9:39:20 PM * *Ash reaches into the box and pulls the puppet out.
9:39:29 PM <Khophus> (Would hte doll be tall enough to use those poles as weapons?)
9:40:15 PM * *Kayalia rises to her feet and props the pole back up against the wall. “Well, I've already lost interest in this room. Can we leave, yet?”
9:40:32 PM <Miri> “we have to figure out the key first.”
9:40:58 PM <Ash> “Would it be too easy to say it's this thing?”
9:41:01 PM * *Khophus examines the doll – maybe it's limbs are the key?
9:42:10 PM <Terres> (so room, with suit of armor, scarecrow, stone elemental and a skeletons hanging in corners or around, tapestries on the wall, table with box and candelabra in middle with some wooden poles leaning against it and 2 doors on oposite side, one we came through… did i miss anything?)
9:42:50 PM <Ash> “Perhaps this puppet is used with those poles?”
9:43:10 PM <Khophus> “To bash it?”
9:43:38 PM <Ash> “Maybe later. I meant like a puppeteer would use.”
9:44:31 PM * *Terres leans over close to the doll to inspect it
9:44:39 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 arcana
9:44:39 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(16)+2 'arcana']: 18
9:45:02 PM <DM_Tol> (Terres, yes. You???ve explored everything except I guess the stones piled in the corner, and the candelabra)
9:45:15 PM <DM_Tol> The doll looks finely crafted.
9:45:44 PM <Miri> (someone lit the candelabra)
9:45:58 PM <Terres> (i lit the candelabra a bit ago)
9:46:03 PM <DM_Tol> (I missed someone lighting the candles?)
9:46:33 PM <DM_Tol> (Crap, I see it now.)
9:46:46 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, you inspect the Candelabra.. There are six unlit candles.
9:46:46 PM * *Kayalia heads toward the door, looking it over before turning to whoeever is nearby. “I haven't really been watching the rest of you. What's this stuff you found?”
9:46:58 PM <Terres> (yep, roll everythign back i triggered the trap)
9:47:06 PM <DM_Tol> (no, just play it out, now)
9:47:58 PM <Terres> (i just lit the candles one by one, starting with the middle 2)
9:48:13 PM * *Khophus walks over to the stones and looks at them closely.
9:50:18 PM * *Terres lights the candles on the candelabra (will stop if anything happens obviously)
9:51:20 PM <DM_Tol> Terres lights a candle in the middle. As he does???
9:51:34 PM <Ash> (We all suffer!)
9:51:36 PM * *Miri continues her pacing, watching and waiting.
9:51:44 PM * *Dylan| looks at the hole in the door
9:51:48 PM * *Ash continues to examine the puppet.
9:51:56 PM <Dylan|> (I'm not sure i understood what shape the door hole was)
9:52:11 PM <DM_Tol> The sticks come to life. The zip towards each other and form a humanoid figure standing in the room. It shapes into a figure, moves a bit, then stands still.
9:53:19 PM <Khophus> “FINALLY! SOMETHING I CAN DO!”
9:53:36 PM * *Khophus advances on the stick figure.
9:53:55 PM <Khophus> (If we find a kid crying in a corner – I'm gone. Game over. That's it.)
9:54:09 PM <Ash> (/me goes over to the corner to cry)
9:54:22 PM * *Miri watches khophus advance. “I thought iw as supposed to be the rash one.” mutters under her breath and moves over to back him up if need be.
9:54:52 PM <Khophus> “Who are you?”
9:54:54 PM * *Terres stops what he is doing as soon as he sees the commotion
9:55:15 PM * *Dylan| watches
9:55:20 PM <DM_Tol> The stick figure stands silently.
9:55:37 PM * *Khophus looks arond to see if anything is controlling it.
9:55:39 PM <Ash> “Well it isn't fighting us yet, I guess that's a plus.”
9:55:39 PM <Terres> (was that one skeleton or 2 leaning on the wall?)
9:55:55 PM <Miri> What if one of the candles goes into the door?”
9:55:58 PM <DM_Tol> (huh?)
9:56:05 PM <Miri> (one skeleton)
9:56:14 PM <DM_Tol> (you lit a candle and the sticks animated into a figure. That has nothing to do with the skeleton)
9:56:29 PM <Kayalia> “Those are my sticks, damnit! Go back to being subservient right now, you!”
9:56:57 PM <Terres> (so skeleton, stone humanoid, suit of armor, scarecrow, now stick man and the creepy doll, makes six …. and there are six candles)
9:57:26 PM <DM_Tol> (you have seen six figures. there are six candles, yes)
9:57:52 PM <Terres> “it looks like lighting a candle animated that thing… there are 5 more candles to light!”
9:58:02 PM <DM_Tol> (I prolly should have only described a pile of sticks, and a pile of stones, they didn???t look like anything until animated).
9:58:22 PM <Ash> “Well that changes what I'm doing…”
9:58:25 PM <Terres> (its ok we paid for the cheats enabled version)
9:58:27 PM * *Ash drops the puppet.
9:59:24 PM <Kayalia> (you called it a stick figure when doing the initial discription lol)
9:59:47 PM <DM_Tol> (I know, I???m an idot)
10:00:17 PM <DM_Tol> (i was distracted doing adjustments that included math. you???ll see in a moment)
10:00:21 PM <Terres> (lets face it, i would have lit the candelabra anyway :))
10:00:36 PM <DM_Tol> (are we just gonna chat ooc here?)
10:00:42 PM <Kayalia> (sure)
10:00:54 PM <DM_Tol> ( grr )
10:00:57 PM * *Terres looks at the other “Should i light the other 5?”
10:00:58 PM <Ash> “So do we light the rest of the candles?”
10:00:59 PM <Kayalia> (I am watching this anime called 'ctrius'. Its god awful)
10:01:16 PM <Ash> “Light one more and we'll see what happens.”
10:01:21 PM <Ash> “Nothing is killing us yet.”
10:01:26 PM <Kayalia> “Do we have any reason to? I mean, it animated some sticks… what is that for? Is this a trap?”
10:01:35 PM * *Terres lights another one
10:01:48 PM <Miri> “Is there no merit at all to shoving a candle into the opening in the door?”
10:02:00 PM <Terres> “It would be a poor trap if you had to light them one by one to trigger”
10:02:32 PM <DM_Tol> ( * *lights sixth candle* It explodes. you all die. the end )
10:02:59 PM <Khophus> (You mean the one marked Deus Ex Machina?)
10:03:42 PM <Terres> (anything happens after i light another one?)
10:04:09 PM <DM_Tol> Terres lights a candle.
10:04:11 PM <DM_Tol> 1d5
10:04:11 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d5(4)]: 4
10:04:14 PM <Kayalia> “What is the benefit of lighting them?”
10:04:24 PM <DM_Tol> The skeleton comes to life.
10:04:46 PM <DM_Tol> It stumbles forward, waving its arms. As it does, sparkles of magic trail behind.
10:04:48 PM * *Khophus whips his head around. “Which one, first?”
10:04:51 PM <Terres> (DM is pressuring me, he says TPK is the only way to be free)
10:05:24 PM <Khophus> (You know – this flavorade is rather tasty)
10:05:27 PM <Kayalia> “Hey, Khophus. I dare you to put on that suit of armor before we light the candle that animates it.” * *evil grin*
10:05:30 PM <Ash> “If the skeleton attacks, destroy it.”
10:05:47 PM <DM_Tol> In contrast to the stickfigure, which deftly and swiftly moved with tremendous speed to its spot, the skeleton moves forward slowly, waving its arms as a flash of blue light pops, then it stands beside the stick figure and stops, facing you all as well.
10:06:21 PM * *Miri whispers 'marshmallow' and lights her sword, just in case.
10:06:22 PM <Kayalia> (Saying this full well knowing Khophus is unlikely to actually be able to fit in the armor)
10:06:54 PM <Khophus> “I had this book read to me – not a good idea.”
10:06:57 PM <Ash> “So thought here. If we are worried about these things attacking when they are all animated, let's tie them up.”
10:07:19 PM * *Kayalia picks up the puppet and manually manipulates its limbs in one obvious way or another, and watches the animated figures.
10:07:23 PM * *Terres looks at the others “I can try to snuff out one of the candles”
10:07:43 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet is cumbersome without the skill to use it. Nothing else happens.
10:08:26 PM <Kayalia> “Was worth a try I guess…,” Kaya sighs as she sets the marionette back down.
10:08:47 PM <Terres> “So should i light another one or try to snuff one out?”
10:09:03 PM <Ash> “Snuff one out, and see what happens.”
10:09:24 PM * *Terres tries to blow out the candle that animated the Stickman
10:10:16 PM <DM_Tol> The candle blows out, and then as nothing happens, it lightsback up on its own.
10:11:13 PM <DM_Tol> ( I will file that under ???the party will always try goofy crap you hadn???t anticipated???)
10:11:43 PM <Terres> “Well that didnt work”
10:11:49 PM <Miri> (rule one, make a plan, rule two, the party will always destory the plan)
10:11:54 PM <Ash> (Trick candles)
10:12:14 PM <DM_Tol> ( ???try??? to destroy the plan. The GM always wins cause they???re the GM )
10:12:31 PM <Khophus> (those things are funny until someone passes out)
10:12:56 PM <DM_Tol> The figures stand there.
10:12:58 PM <Terres> (urge to just light all the candles is there but i am suppsed to play a paranoid warlock)
10:13:20 PM <Miri> “well..at this point you might as well light them all.”
10:13:45 PM <Terres> “Anyone has any better ideas?”
10:14:11 PM <Ash> “Well if these things are going to attack us, subduing one or more of them before they are all animate would be ideal.”
10:14:18 PM <Khophus> “Light another one?”
10:14:36 PM * *Terres lights candle number 1
10:15:02 PM <DM_Tol> You light a candle. The suit of armor animates. It steps forward methodically and raises its sword. It deftly spins its sword to and fro as it moves beside the stick figure and the skeleton, and comes to a stop, turning and standing beside them.
10:15:21 PM * *Khophus shifts to face the armored being.
10:15:38 PM <Miri> (i feel like we stepped into bednobs and broomsticks)
10:16:06 PM <Kayalia> “I am unconfortable with the army of demonic possessed furniture lining up to destroy us. Am I alone? Anyone?”
10:16:07 PM <Terres> “Someone want tie up their legs before i light the last 3?”
10:16:31 PM <Ash> “You're not alone.”
10:16:48 PM * *Miri will take her rope and move to bind the scarecrow.
10:18:24 PM * *Terres asks the 3 figures “ Do you know how to open that door?”
10:18:28 PM * *Khophus eyes the scarecrow warily.
10:18:44 PM <DM_Tol> The figures do not ???respond??? to your interactions.
10:19:09 PM * *Terres lights candle 2
10:19:33 PM * *Kayalia cowers behind Khophus and the others.
10:20:11 PM <Terres> (do candles seem to behave like normal, as in melting and such?)
10:20:14 PM <DM_Tol> The stones in the corner begin to rumble. They lift into the air and form a humanoid figure. The move with great strength forward, the ground shaking as it stomps ahead. It stops beside the armorm.
10:20:28 PM <DM_Tol> (Terres, sure, I guess)
10:20:50 PM <DM_Tol> (They seems to be slow burning. * *giggle*)
10:21:11 PM <Kayalia> (trick birthday candles obviously)
10:21:17 PM <DM_Tol> (right)
10:21:33 PM <Ash> “Yeah…that one is Khophus' problem if it attacks.”
10:21:46 PM <Miri> “Why aren't they attacking?”
10:21:50 PM * *Terres getting tired of suspense just lights the other 2 candles
10:21:58 PM * *Miri binds the hands and feet of the scarecrow then steps back.
10:23:10 PM <Terres> (what order are they staning in? by the way)
10:23:47 PM <DM_Tol> The figures stand there, in the order you lit them. They are animated still, but not moving in general.
10:24:08 PM <DM_Tol> (a slight movement of the hand, tilt of the head, etc.)
10:24:12 PM * *Dylan| harrumphs
10:24:18 PM <Miri> (so…sticks, skeleton, armor, and rocks?)
10:24:32 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, right to left facing them)
10:25:04 PM * *Khophus tenatively pokes the armor with the point of his blade.
10:25:43 PM <Terres> (i lit the last 2 as well, so they should all be lined up)
10:26:34 PM <DM_Tol> Terres lights another, and the puppet comes to life. It springs up and dances to and fro.
10:26:53 PM <Miri> “yep…i was right…that's creepy as hell.”
10:26:57 PM <Khophus> “GHAAAA!”
10:27:00 PM <DM_Tol> It shuffles and sashes tangos, and with a spin and a hop, ends up beside the rock figure.
10:27:15 PM * *Khophus scampers back a couple of steps before regaining his composure
10:27:17 PM <Ash> “Agreed”
10:28:04 PM <Terres> (and the last one?)
10:28:26 PM <Ash> (The Grim Reaper)
10:28:37 PM <DM_Tol> Terres lights the last candle and the scarecrow comes to life. It with amazingly work quickly escapes from the rope bindings. It moves towards the others and then with a feint.
10:28:51 PM <DM_Tol> As you look one direction, from the corner of your eye you barely see the scarecrow has moved over in line with the others.
10:29:13 PM * *Miri just stares. “ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shit”
10:29:25 PM <DM_Tol> After the scarecrow joins the line, the size of the candle flames increase a bit and turn more orange.
10:29:35 PM <DM_Tol> The line of six figures advances on you.
10:29:49 PM * *Khophus gets ready, taking deep breaths with smoke trailing from his nostrils.
10:29:56 PM <DM_Tol> The suit of armor raises its sword.
10:30:09 PM <Dylan|> (how many sticks were there?)
10:30:28 PM * *Terres tries to pull out one of the candles and jam it into another candel upside down
10:30:40 PM * *Khophus gets ready to fend the blow
10:30:44 PM <DM_Tol> It begins to do what you could describe as a demonstration of skill deftly SWINGING the blade.
10:30:59 PM <DM_Tol> Terres plays iwth the candles, which produces no observable changes.
10:31:00 PM <Dylan|> (is it swinging it at someone?)
10:31:06 PM <DM_Tol> (no)
10:31:35 PM <DM_Tol> The stone figure stomps forward, showing great STRENGTH.
10:31:40 PM <Terres> “Maybe you should show it what you can dow with your sword!”
10:32:01 PM <Terres> (do*)
10:32:09 PM <DM_Tol> The Stick figure comes to a full on sprint, tumbling and leaping over your group with tremendous DEXTERITY.
10:32:11 PM <Ash> “Why do I think this is going to be 7 contests with these things.”
10:32:34 PM <DM_Tol> The Skeleton steps forward again, waving its arms as sparkles of ARCANCA and magic swirl around it.
10:32:47 PM <Khophus> “Who should I fight? The knight or the stone?”
10:33:04 PM <Miri> “I've got the stone, you take the night.”
10:33:09 PM * *Kayalia ??_??
10:33:31 PM * *Dylan| watches
10:33:32 PM <DM_Tol> The scarecrow takes a step back, and with a SLEIGHT that is hard to PERCIEVE, as it seems hard to track for a moment, as it pops up again beside the table.
10:33:36 PM <Dylan|> “Interesting”
10:34:06 PM <DM_Tol> The Puppet resumes the dane it PERFORMS again with twists and a leap and a tap routine.
10:34:11 PM <Ash> (Puppet: “Dance off bro!”
10:34:20 PM * *Khophus counters the knight's move with his own.
10:34:40 PM <DM_Tol> In turn the sixe figures move towards the six of you in front.
10:34:52 PM * *Dylan| looks at the figures
10:34:54 PM <DM_Tol> (who wants to pair up with whom?)
10:35:06 PM <Dylan|> (ok wait)
10:35:15 PM <Dylan|> (A knight, a Scarecrow)
10:35:16 PM <DM_Tol> They seem to each be singling one of you out.
10:35:28 PM <DM_Tol> (the knight is not made of tin, hehe)
10:35:40 PM <Dylan|> (i was gonna ask which one is dorothy)
10:35:40 PM * *Kayalia headscratches. “Mr. Stickley… when I was you know… well, I hope you can forgive me for touching your shaft?”
10:35:46 PM <Terres> ( i can magic off with the skelly unless someone else wants to)
10:35:53 PM <Dylan|> (i want the skelly)
10:35:57 PM <DM_Tol> Miri stands before the stone figure.
10:36:00 PM * *Miri will move infront of the stone.
10:36:09 PM * *Dylan| stands before the skeleton
10:36:10 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus fronts the Suit of Armor
10:36:17 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan stand before the Skeleton.
10:36:52 PM <Ash> “Well puppet, I think it's you and I?”
10:37:11 PM <Kayalia> “Ash, no, I think that's me.”
10:37:23 PM <DM_Tol> Remaining are the Dextrous stick figure, the Performing puppet and the Stealthy Scarecrow.
10:37:36 PM <Kayalia> “I'm a professional performance dancer, you know.”
10:37:42 PM <Ash> “As you wish.”
10:37:46 PM <Terres> (and this is where we fail)
10:37:48 PM <DM_Tol> The puppet fronts Kayalia.
10:37:57 PM <Kayalia> “Though me and Mr. Stickley have history.”
10:38:17 PM <Ash> “Well then I'm taking the scarecrow I think”
10:38:18 PM * *Kayalia blows a kiss at the stick figure.
10:39:13 PM <DM_Tol> Ash moves in front of the scarecrow as the QUICK stick figure moves forward, looking for someone to match its dexterity.
10:39:22 PM <DM_Tol> (Last chance to rearrange)
10:39:39 PM <Dylan|> (ok one sec)
10:39:49 PM <Dylan|> “No”
10:40:07 PM <Dylan|> “Lets switch, Ash take the skeleton. I will take the Scarecrow”
10:40:47 PM <Ash> “Um… ok”
10:40:48 PM <Dylan|> (ash - Arcanada Dylan- Dexterity)
10:40:56 PM <Dylan|> (arcana)
10:40:58 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan moves in front of the deft Scarecrow and Ash goes to the magical skeleton.
10:41:28 PM <Dylan|> (i hate the meta-ness of that, but it is what it is)
10:41:29 PM <Terres> (lol does that leave the pupet to me)
10:41:47 PM <DM_Tol> (no, you are with the Dextrous Stick Figure)
10:41:55 PM <Kayalia> (I have the puppet)
10:42:13 PM <DM_Tol> The QUICK stick figure moves forward, looking for someone to match its dexterity.
10:42:24 PM <DM_Tol> (so, you, Terres?)
10:42:49 PM <Terres> (this is going to end badly)
10:42:54 PM <Kayalia> (Is there anyone other than me that is a high DEX character?)
10:43:21 PM <Ash> (Hell no here)
10:43:36 PM <DM_Tol> The armor bows in front of Khophus. You feel of binding force, as if a pact has been sealed.
10:43:44 PM <Kayalia> (I am kinda in between the dexterity tag and the performer tag)
10:43:52 PM <DM_Tol> The rock figure bows in front of Miri. You feel a bind.
10:43:57 PM * *Khophus taps the edge of his shield with his sword.
10:44:01 PM * *Kayalia balances on her toe and ball of her left foot, crossing her knees slightly. She spreads her war fan, hiding half of her face behind the screen of the fan, leaning slightly forward as she winks at the puppet.
10:44:08 PM * *Dylan| switches with Terres real quickly
10:44:25 PM <DM_Tol> Scarecrow bows before Ash. you feel a binding sensation.
10:44:25 PM <Dylan|> (thats the dextrous stick figure right?)
10:44:46 PM <Ash> (I got switched to the skeleton)
10:44:47 PM <DM_Tol> (wait, missed your switch)
10:44:54 PM <DM_Tol> The skeleton bows before Ash. you feel a binding sensation.
10:44:57 PM <Terres> (yeah now i deffinetely dont know whats going on, one moment i am smashing candles together and now people are shuffling)
10:45:11 PM * *Ash feels like he should bow back, and does so.
10:45:32 PM <DM_Tol> Ash, as you do, you feel the binding reciprocated.
10:45:37 PM <Dylan|> (ash - skeleton , Scarcrow - terres, Dylan - Stick Figure? someone - Stone)
10:45:37 PM * *Miri growls, letting her anger build, but does bow back slightly.
10:45:45 PM <DM_Tol> The Stick figure bows before Dylan.
10:45:54 PM <DM_Tol> The scarecrow bows before Terres.
10:46:08 PM * *Dylan| bows back
10:46:23 PM <DM_Tol> As each is bowed to, you feel a sense of binding. As you bow back, you feel the force sealed in peaceful resolution.
10:46:51 PM * *Kayalia is the only one left unbound! woo! freedom!
10:47:04 PM <DM_Tol> The stone figure moves , stepping back from Miri. It not tracks you, as in, seems to make ???eye contact???.
10:47:53 PM * *Miri does her best to make eye contact with the creature, going fairly still, though he sword is still at the ready.
10:48:07 PM <DM_Tol> It turns and moves and reaches to the floor. It lefts a block out of the floor and raises it over its head. It then sets the stone down, and turns to look at you.
10:49:03 PM * *Miri tilts her head. She reluntantly sheeths her sword and then moves to the stone and attempt to lift it.
10:49:31 PM <DM_Tol> (roll a STR check)
10:49:38 PM * *Dylan| waits
10:49:43 PM <Miri> 1d20+4
10:49:43 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(19)+4]: 23
10:49:58 PM <DM_Tol> Miri hoists the stone, and the figure seems to nod.
10:50:09 PM * *Miri lifts it over her head and then sets it back down.
10:50:23 PM <DM_Tol> The Scarecrow comes to life and sits at the table, looking at Terres.
10:50:46 PM * *Terres scratches his beard looking at the scarecrow
10:51:17 PM * *Terres shrugs and sits opposite
10:51:24 PM <DM_Tol> The scarecrow produces three bowls and lifts one. a pea is visible underneath it.
10:51:27 PM <Kayalia> (Tea-time?)
10:51:29 PM <Terres> (should have memorized banish)
10:51:41 PM <Kayalia> (ut-oh, slight of hand)
10:51:42 PM <DM_Tol> The scarecrow shuffles the bowls, and lifts one to show the pea-sized pebble once more.
10:52:03 PM <DM_Tol> The scare crow shuffles the three bowls, then looks at you.
10:52:19 PM <DM_Tol> (You may roll a Perception check to help your choice)
10:52:23 PM <Terres> (eazy i can shuffle the bowls too)
10:53:03 PM <Terres> 1d20+2
10:53:03 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(16)+2]: 18
10:54:08 PM <DM_Tol> (and what do you do? shuffle? point to a bowl you think it is? something else?)
10:54:36 PM <Terres> (try to figure out where the pea is under)
10:54:46 PM <DM_Tol> (you feel like you know which bowl)
10:55:09 PM * *Terres points to the bowl he thinks the pea is under
10:55:19 PM <DM_Tol> The scarecrow lifts that bowl and the pea pebble is under it. The scarecrow seems to nod.
10:55:27 PM <DM_Tol> The Skeleton comes to life.
10:55:41 PM <Ash> “Oh boy.”
10:56:05 PM <Terres> (if you have inspiration, now is the time to pop it)
10:56:15 PM <Ash> (Already thinking of it)
10:56:17 PM <DM_Tol> It looks at Ash, then at its hands. You hear verbal syllables come from the skeleton as it somatically conjures a charm that shoots up at nothing.
10:56:23 PM <DM_Tol> It looks at Ash.
10:57:13 PM * *Ash uses Thaumaturgy to mimic the skeleton's spell.
10:57:49 PM <DM_Tol> (Yes, but what spell are you mimicking?)
10:58:01 PM <DM_Tol> (you need to pass an Arcana check to identify what it was)
10:58:09 PM <Ash> 1d20+2 arcana
10:58:10 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(15)+2 'arcana']: 17
10:58:47 PM <DM_Tol> Ash recognizes the Chill Touch spell, and mimicks it. The Skeleton seems to nod.
10:59:11 PM <DM_Tol> The stick figure flips backward deftly and waves Dylan forward.
10:59:44 PM * *Dylan| moves forward
10:59:54 PM <DM_Tol> It sticks its hand out in a friendly gesture (like, gimme five, bro)
11:00:23 PM * *Dylan| follows the guesture
11:00:25 PM <DM_Tol> The stick figure quickly moves its hand as you reach into air.
11:00:34 PM <DM_Tol> (ooh burn)
11:00:46 PM * *Dylan| stops when it holds up its hand
11:00:56 PM <DM_Tol> The stick figure raises it ???palm??? high. (as in gimme a high five)
11:01:25 PM <DM_Tol> (the emote is as if it moved out of the way tricking you into missing it???s hand)
11:01:36 PM <Terres> (just chalange it to a thumb war)
11:02:07 PM <Dylan|> (oh, i didn't try to high five it, I just held my hand up like it did)
11:02:21 PM <DM_Tol> (are ya gonna? or just leave it hanging? :)
11:02:49 PM <Dylan|> (fine fine, I'll try that)
11:03:04 PM * *Dylan| high fives the skeleton wary of it moving it's hand out of the way
11:03:08 PM <Ash> (It's playing 'Slap Hands' with you)
11:03:11 PM <Khophus> (It punches you)
11:03:13 PM <DM_Tol> The quick stick figure moves out of the way.
11:03:24 PM <DM_Tol> Now, it holds its hand in front.
11:03:32 PM <Dylan|> (the whole figure moves out of the way or it just moves its hand?)
11:03:34 PM <DM_Tol> (can roll Dex to try and match its speed)
11:03:41 PM <Dylan|> 1d20
11:03:42 PM «TolBot» [Dylan|'s 1d20(5)]: 5
11:03:47 PM <Dylan|> (made it)
11:03:48 PM <DM_Tol> (Just the hand so far)
11:03:57 PM <DM_Tol> (Dylan misses the hand again)
11:04:02 PM <DM_Tol> (you have no dex bonus?)
11:04:24 PM <Dylan|> (+2)
11:04:32 PM <DM_Tol> The figure raises a ???foot??? up toward you, holding it out.
11:05:06 PM <DM_Tol> (If you go for the foot, use an acrobatics check)
11:05:25 PM <Terres> (this is called hackey sack i believe)
11:05:30 PM <DM_Tol> The figure moves quickly to and fro as Dylan tries to match it and catch it.
11:05:32 PM * *Dylan| goes for the foot
11:05:32 PM <DM_Tol> (roll and acro)
11:05:39 PM <Dylan|> 1d20+2
11:05:39 PM «TolBot» [Dylan|'s 1d20(20)+2]: 22 (Yeah, baby)
11:05:54 PM <Dylan|> (er I think I made it?)
11:06:20 PM <DM_Tol> The stick figure stops as Dylan deftly kicks its left foot as it sticks forward, its right foot in turn, and then for flair knocks elbows.
11:06:26 PM <DM_Tol> The figure nods at Dylan.
11:06:35 PM <DM_Tol> * * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close * *

campaigns/the_forth/session_24_-_2-11-2018_-_challenges.txt · Last modified: 2018/02/12 09:43 by ryubasteon