Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/8/82d55df4cf740146d391cf87b384379c.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_23_-_1-28-2018_-_pillars
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/8/82d55df4cf740146d391cf87b384379c.xhtml failed

Session Log for: 1/28/2018
8:01:06 PM <Ash> “Anybody have a good long length of rope?”
8:01:37 PM * *Khophus rummages through his pack
8:02:42 PM * *Miri holds up her rope “I have some. Do you think we've figured it out yet?”
8:02:42 PM * *Khophus takes out a coil of rope
8:02:59 PM <Ash> “No, but I have a few more thoughts left.”
8:03:42 PM * *Ash ties both bundles of rope and ties them together at the end, and then the torch to one of the ends low enough on torch that it shouldn't touch the flames.
8:04:35 PM <Ash> “We throw the torch and end of the rope into the air and feed it the rope to see where it goes and how hard in spots it pulls. Perhaps we will be able to see something we didn't before.
8:05:15 PM <Miri> “Sounds as good as any other idea.”
8:05:36 PM * *Ash tosses the torch into what seemed like the best path they've found thus far.
8:06:00 PM <Khophus> “Need me to anchor the rope?
8:06:13 PM <Ash> “Might be wise.
8:06:39 PM <DM_Tol> (how hard are you tosses. Lobbing it into the first stream, or chucking it forward?)
8:07:23 PM * *Khophus wraps the end of the rope arond his waist, then around his arm and hand. He kneels down and nods.
8:07:53 PM <Ash> (Lob this time)
8:08:20 PM <DM_Tol> The torch 20ft ahead pushes up a bit. It moves slowly upward as it cotinues moving forward, them begins to slowly drift sideways to the right.
8:08:48 PM <DM_Tol> It moves then ahead and up and this way and that, a little faster at one point as it winds an unseen maze.
8:08:50 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8
8:08:50 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d8(7)]: 7
8:08:59 PM * *Kayalia stays in the “safe” zone where gravity is seemingly normal and flying rocks aren't imminent.
8:09:37 PM <DM_Tol> It eventually winds up high up over 60ft ahead and promptly racing back in your direction much faster, smashing against the wall above the door, going out and falling onto the rubble pile.
8:10:19 PM <DM_Tol> (if i???m missing a point of observation, you can ask me. not sure what all to describe to you)
8:10:35 PM <Ash> “Attempt 2”
8:10:42 PM <Terrres> (i thought the torch was tied to a rope)
8:10:49 PM <DM_Tol> (and it still is)
8:11:06 PM <DM_Tol> (oops, was the rope less than 65ft?)
8:11:07 PM * *Ash gets the torch relit and tosses it along the wall following the edge by the entranceway.
8:11:18 PM <Miri> (no, two ropes together should be 80 feet)
8:11:27 PM <DM_Tol> Ash tosses the torch again, and gets similar behavoir.
8:11:37 PM <Khophus> (100 feet)
8:12:08 PM <Miri> “What if we kept this on a shorter….leash as it were and in our way forward, and stop when it starts tugging? Hmmm no…cause then we could get stuck huh?”
8:12:13 PM <DM_Tol> After a couple more tests, the torch behaves similarly. moving slowly to and fro.
8:12:14 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8
8:12:15 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d8(5)]: 5
8:12:16 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8
8:12:17 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d8(6)]: 6
8:12:43 PM <DM_Tol> each time, through various routes, eventually ending up higher up and then moving more rapidly back in yoru direction, smashing against the wall above the door.
8:13:41 PM <Terrres> (while the torch is zipping around do we see any coridors leading away from this chamber, other thatn the one we are comming from)
8:14:06 PM <Ash> “Hmm, plan B. Who's strong and good at climbing?”
8:14:21 PM * *Terrres whistles and takes a step back
8:14:49 PM <Khophus> “I'm strong.”
8:14:50 PM <DM_Tol> (You don???t see corridors to teh side, just very rough walls. And, been trying to make it clear, it doesn???t for the mmost part ???zip??? around??? rather slow forces.)
8:15:06 PM <Miri> “strong yes, good at climbing…maybe?”
8:15:09 PM <Ash> “But are you good at climbing?”
8:15:42 PM <Khophus> “Maybe. I don't have to be quiet, right?”
8:15:58 PM <Ash> “I want to tether somebody to the rope and have them use the walls to go around the room, while holding on to the walls. If you get sucked in the rest of us can either pull the slack or make sure you don't go splat!”
8:17:15 PM <Terrres> (sorry the last bit about things smashing on the wall aboce us makes me think they accelerate over time)
8:17:17 PM <Khophus> “I'll try. What's the worse that can happen?”
8:17:26 PM * *Khophus gives Ash a big toothy grin
8:17:39 PM <Ash> “You lose those teeth.”
8:17:47 PM * *Ash says matter-of-factly
8:18:16 PM <Khophus> “I have more.”
8:18:20 PM <DM_Tol> (When the objects hit the gravity stream that makes them go splat, yes, that is an acceleration rate that basically looks like regular gravity)
8:18:40 PM * *Khophus ties the rope around his waist and gives it a couple of tugs.
8:18:49 PM <Khophus> “Where should I stand?”
8:19:15 PM <Ash> “Along the wall. Hold on to the wall and try to move around the room.”
8:19:59 PM <Dylan> (i dont see climbing listed under skills)
8:20:10 PM <Miri> (i believe it's an athletics check)
8:20:28 PM <Ash> (Miri's right)
8:20:30 PM <DM_Tol> (yep, athl)
8:20:56 PM * *Khophus walks up to the wall and holds on to it, then walks along the edge
8:21:14 PM <Miri> (*flexes her muscles* 400 plus hours of critical role baby!)
8:21:24 PM <Terrres> (lol)
8:21:25 PM <Khophus> “Should I jump or something?”
8:21:31 PM <Khophus> (lol)
8:21:34 PM <Miri> “just walk”
8:21:35 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus begins to attempt to move through the passage.
8:22:44 PM <DM_Tol> (Ok, simply maneuvering through with your own skill is a skill challenge. You must get a certain number of successes before gettign three failures.)
8:22:48 PM <Khophus> “I still don't feel odd. Are you sure this will be able to pick me up?”
8:22:53 PM <DM_Tol> (make an Athl check)
8:23:00 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus clings to the wall moving forward.
8:23:01 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
8:23:01 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(11)+5]: 16
8:23:08 PM <DM_Tol> (DC is 13, btw)
8:23:26 PM <Khophus> “Sure, I might have taken more than my fair share of pastries…but you have to admit they're tasty.”
8:23:32 PM <Khophus> (another check?)
8:23:41 PM <DM_Tol> khophus, you feel weird as you cling to the wall defying the gravitational pulls on your body.
8:23:44 PM * *Dylan holds the ropes which khompus is attached to
8:23:51 PM <Miri> “Just be prepared for lift off just in case.”
8:23:51 PM <Khophus> “I mean – I'm not faaauuughhh!”
8:24:06 PM * *Miri grabs the rope as a second anchor.
8:24:15 PM <DM_Tol> As he progresses, there is a spot where some rubble is ???resting against the wall, now disturbed, it begins journeys afloat in the air.
8:24:20 PM <DM_Tol> (roll ath)
8:24:37 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
8:24:37 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(7)+5]: 12
8:24:59 PM <Khophus> “I'm flying! I'm fliiaaaugh!”
8:25:13 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus is pulled off the wall and is floating in a stream upwards for him, but for the onlookers, is straight to the left.
8:25:26 PM <Khophus> “Should I flap my arms?”
8:25:48 PM <DM_Tol> (to maneuver from one stream to another, you may roll an Acrobatics, perception or sleight of hand)
8:26:13 PM <Khophus> (you mean to say – all the rolls that I am not really talented at?)
8:26:38 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, i simply went over your sheet and picked the worst skills)
8:26:51 PM <Miri> (lol)
8:27:06 PM <Khophus> 1d20+2 Perception to not embarassingly die (DC13)
8:27:07 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(16)+2 'Perception to not embarassingly die (DC13)']: 18 (Success)
8:27:18 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus floats out ahead of the group.
8:27:23 PM <DM_Tol> (2 -1)
8:27:25 PM <Khophus> (Good thing you overlooked History. I would have asked ot make a new character instead)
8:27:33 PM <Miri> (lol)
8:27:39 PM <DM_Tol> (keep rolling)
8:28:05 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 Athletics DC 13
8:28:05 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(10)+5 'Athletics DC 13']: 15
8:28:19 PM <DM_Tol> Khphus looks like an areal dancer before your eyes, twisting to change direction. Trying to catch a stream that leads away from the one up high.
8:28:25 PM <DM_Tol> (3-1)
8:28:38 PM * *Kayalia cradles her head in one hand, watching the unfolding tragedy.
8:28:41 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 Athletics DC13
8:28:41 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(1)+5 'Athletics DC13']: 6 (Critical fail)
8:28:46 PM <Ash> (Uh oh)
8:28:53 PM <Khophus> “I think I'm get–”
8:29:04 PM <DM_Tol> (3-2)
8:29:12 PM <Miri> (i thought he only needed 3)
8:29:16 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus falls into a stream that spins him around.
8:29:21 PM <DM_Tol> (you thought incorrectly)
8:29:40 PM <Khophus> ”–ting sick!”
8:29:52 PM <Khophus> (again?)
8:29:55 PM <Miri> (ooh, saw my mistake :) )
8:29:57 PM <DM_Tol> (yep)
8:30:00 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 Athletics DC13
8:30:00 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(11)+5 'Athletics DC13']: 16 (Success)
8:30:05 PM <DM_Tol> (4-2)
8:30:15 PM * *Khophus flaps his arms madly
8:30:16 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus steadies himself.
8:30:26 PM <Kayalia> “Hold it in!” Kayalia wasn't looking forward to seeing a stream of vomit hitting the wall at high velocity.
8:30:26 PM <Khophus> “WHY DOES THIS WORK FOR BIRDS AND NOT ME?”
8:30:27 PM <DM_Tol> He catches a stream leading forward.
8:30:34 PM <DM_Tol> ( lol )
8:30:43 PM <Ash> “You're not a bird, that's why!”
8:30:54 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 Athletics DC13
8:30:54 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(11)+5 'Athletics DC13']: 16 (Success)
8:30:58 PM <DM_Tol> (5-2)
8:31:22 PM <Dylan> “This is kinda amusing, kinda like yo-yo lizard”
8:31:27 PM * *Terrres looks in amazement “This almost looks fun”
8:31:47 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 Athletics DC13
8:31:47 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(7)+5 'Athletics DC13']: 12 (Fail)
8:31:48 PM <Miri> “Well, considering we will all probably get to do this at some point, you may be next.”
8:31:51 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus spins again and catches a stream that leads him up, and then to a higher up stream as he ???falls??? towards your group.
8:32:04 PM * *Kayalia is tempted to push Terrres into the gravity stream, so that he can also have 'fun'.
8:32:15 PM <DM_Tol> He races towards the wall as you pull on the rope to soften his blow.
8:32:17 PM <Khophus> (Wife just reminded me of Tick's monologue while falling…she's offically not helping)
8:32:25 PM <Terrres> “Time to pull on the rope”
8:32:31 PM * *Ash yanks
8:32:34 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 Athletics DC13
8:32:34 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(11)+5 'Athletics DC13']: 16 (Success)
8:32:39 PM * *Miri yanks as well
8:32:48 PM <DM_Tol> (your done, khophus, hold)
8:33:05 PM <Khophus> (You all realize I'm going to drag you like a Macy's Parade float in a hurricane, right?)
8:33:12 PM <Khophus> (ok – holding)
8:33:27 PM <DM_Tol> You reel him in, feeling the pull of the forces in front of you.you manage to pull him downward toward you landing on the ground near you without hitting the wall.
8:33:32 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 damage from the fall.
8:33:32 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d6(3) 'damage from the fall.']: 3
8:34:53 PM * *Khophus falls into an undiginified heap on the ground.
8:35:20 PM <Khophus> “I've…I've frankly felt better…”
8:35:38 PM <Miri> “so…now what?”
8:35:46 PM <Dylan> “That's what i was wondering”
8:35:53 PM * *Khophus rolls over and gets up on his feet.
8:35:56 PM * *Kayalia moes to check on Khophus. “You going to be okay?”
8:36:03 PM <Dylan> “Maybe he'll cushion our landing if we fall”
8:36:14 PM <Khophus> “If you could spare a littel healing, I would be very grateful.”
8:36:16 PM <Ash> “Did you learn anything that would help during your journey?”
8:36:22 PM <DM_Tol> You sporadically hear 3 or 4 stones randomly smash against the wall, disturbed by Khophus previously.
8:36:29 PM <Kayalia> (AFK)
8:36:42 PM <Khophus> “I learned that I am not part bird.”
8:37:08 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus made it well over 60 ft in. You could see then end of the cavern and possibly another large stone door 40 ft away from you.
8:38:44 PM <DM_Tol> (oh, Con save dc10 to avoid vomitting)
8:39:08 PM <Terrres> “Do you want to try again?” (if you dont vomit)
8:39:33 PM <Ash> “Do you think you would have gotten further if you didn't lose hold of the wall?
8:40:18 PM <Khophus> 1d20+4 DC10
8:40:18 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(8)+4 'DC10']: 12 (Success)
8:40:29 PM * *Khophus bucks once…then stops.
8:40:33 PM <Khophus> “Ugg.”
8:40:59 PM <Khophus> “Yes. If you need me to do it again…I will do my duty.”
8:41:19 PM * *Khophus 's scales look a little more green under his proverbial gills.
8:41:29 PM <Miri> “perhaps you should let me try it?”
8:41:39 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus shares his experience with the rest of you, how once he failed to remain on the wall, you could rely on other skills to progress through the slower, safer gravity streams. Until at one point he lost it.
8:42:56 PM <Ash> “That would give Khophus some time to rest and recover Miri.”
8:43:27 PM <Khophus> “I will hold the rope.”
8:43:29 PM * *Miri drops the rope bit she was holding and then walks over to Khophus “untie yourself.”
8:43:47 PM * *Khophus fiddles with the knot and hands his end to Miri.
8:43:47 PM * *Kayalia looks about at the darkness ahead, wishing she had the vision of some of these demi-humans.
8:43:53 PM <Khophus> “Be safe.”
8:43:59 PM <DM_Tol> Miri tethers up and begins to enter the danger zone.
8:44:07 PM * *Miri ties the rope around her self. “someone hit me before i start.”
8:44:13 PM <DM_Tol> (choose your skill and progress)
8:44:14 PM * *Khophus picks up the other end and wraps it around his arm.
8:45:03 PM * *Miri gives up and bites down on her own hand in order to send herself into a rage and then begins foward.
8:45:28 PM <Dylan> Yes, “hit you?”
8:45:32 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv vs dc13
8:45:32 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(14, 20)+4 'adv vs dc13']: 24 (Critical success)
8:45:35 PM <Khophus> (oh – sorry, I thought you meant hit as in 'talk me out of it')
8:45:44 PM * *Kayalia wonders if she could do anythinng to land more gracefully if caught in a current leading toward the doorway.
8:45:44 PM <Khophus> (I would have been happy to pop you one.)
8:45:49 PM <Miri> (using althetics btw)
8:46:12 PM <DM_Tol> (you can???t rage here, miri, makes no sense. It will drop instantly. It???s a skill challenge, not a battle)
8:46:29 PM <Kayalia> (why does the dice bot say crit fail/success? you house ruling in crit on 1/20 for skill checks?)
8:47:18 PM <Miri> (i can hurt myself to keep it up, but whatever)
8:47:19 PM <DM_Tol> (kayalia, one of teh rolls was a 20. how is that a house rule?)
8:47:22 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 dc13
8:47:23 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(3)+4 'dc13']: 7 (Fail)
8:47:40 PM <Dylan> “You know… if everyone goes down, who is gonna hold the rope for the last person?”
8:47:43 PM <DM_Tol> (1-1)
8:47:44 PM <Kayalia> (1 and 20 haven't been auto fail/success since 2nd edition)
8:47:51 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 dc13
8:47:52 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(9)+4 'dc13']: 13 (Success)
8:47:55 PM <DM_Tol> Miri lifts off the ground, then moves forward, then spins a bit.
8:47:56 PM <Kayalia> (except on attack rolls)
8:48:00 PM <DM_Tol> (2-1)
8:48:09 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 dc13
8:48:10 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(19)+4 'dc13']: 23 (Success)
8:48:17 PM <DM_Tol> She maneuvers through streams, catching on eto the right and down.
8:48:21 PM <DM_Tol> (3-1)
8:48:23 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 dc13
8:48:23 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(15)+4 'dc13']: 19 (Success)
8:48:29 PM <DM_Tol> (4-1)
8:49:11 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 dc13
8:49:11 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(11)+4 'dc13']: 15 (Success)
8:49:18 PM <DM_Tol> Miri pushes off of the wall in a spot, dislodging some rocks and and larger piece separates from teh wall, a dangerously sized stone.
8:49:21 PM <DM_Tol> (5-1)
8:49:23 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 dc13
8:49:23 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(7)+4 'dc13']: 11 (Fail)
8:49:30 PM <DM_Tol> (5-2)
8:49:54 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 dc13
8:49:55 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(7)+4 'dc13']: 11 (Fail)
8:50:09 PM * *Ash yanks
8:50:14 PM <DM_Tol> Miri spins a bit to avoid the large stone and nearly makes it through, but a dislodged stone spins her out of control.
8:50:18 PM <DM_Tol> (5-3)
8:50:34 PM <DM_Tol> She moves upwards and hten into a faster stream ???falling??? back towards you.
8:50:46 PM <DM_Tol> you all pull on the rope to soften her ???fall???.
8:50:53 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 falling damage
8:50:53 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d6(1) 'falling damage']: 1
8:51:09 PM <DM_Tol> Miri lands on the ground near you as you pull her down out of the faster stream.
8:51:10 PM * *Kayalia covers her mouth at the sight of the 'fall'.
8:51:15 PM * *Miri takes the hit, gets back up and screams at the top of her lungs. “I'm sick of this bullshit!”
8:51:24 PM <DM_Tol> (con save dc10 to avoid hurling)
8:51:39 PM <Miri> 1d20+5 dc10
8:51:40 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(16)+5 'dc10']: 21 (Success)
8:52:27 PM <Khophus> “Easy, Miri.”
8:52:40 PM * *Khophus reaches down and starts to undo the rope around her waist.
8:52:52 PM * *Miri eyes khophus “move your hands away before you loose them.”
8:53:39 PM * *Kayalia looks wide-eyed at Miri and Khophus. “Miri…”
8:53:42 PM <DM_Tol> Miri made it well over 60 ft in. You could see then end of the cavern and possibly another large stone door 40 ft away from you.
8:54:15 PM * *Miri steps away and unties the rope herself.
8:54:22 PM * *Kayalia holds up her lantern and squints at the walls of the cavern, sighing, wishing there were easier ways to tackle these challenges.
8:54:31 PM * *Khophus slowly…slowly steps back.
8:54:54 PM * *Kayalia pats Khophus on his monstrous back. “There, there?”
8:55:27 PM <DM_Tol> You see some stones dislodged. One large rock slowly moves up ahead. An occassional smaller stone smashes against the wall up ahead.
8:55:44 PM * *Khophus smiles. “Papa says I sometimes moved before I thought things through.”
8:55:48 PM <Khophus> (brb)
8:56:05 PM <Kayalia> “Any moment now those are going to smash against the doorway, aren't they?”
8:56:20 PM <Miri> “yep”
8:56:50 PM <Kayalia> “Is there no way to become too heavy to be lifted?”
8:57:31 PM <Ash> “Well looking at those rocks, those must be safer pockets.
8:57:46 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus and Miri explain that the sensation is not being ???lifted???, rather that the direction of what???s down changes.
8:57:54 PM <Ash> “If we had climbing gear, we could just secure ourselves to the wall.”
8:58:20 PM <Dylan> “This is true”
8:59:04 PM * *Miri stands a bit away from everyone and quietly paces.
9:01:09 PM <DM_Tol> As time passes, a couple stone smash against the wall above you.
9:01:13 PM <Ash> “Anybody else want to try?”
9:01:41 PM <Miri> “at this rate it would be easier to dig a tunnel around to the door on the other side.”
9:02:11 PM * *Kayalia sighs quietly, walking maybe half the distance toward Miri, but staying outside of her personal space. She almost speaks but then changes her mind and turns back toward the others.
9:03:11 PM <Khophus> “Maybe we can use hte rocks to smash against the wall? Throw them and let the extra…extra…momosa?”
9:03:24 PM <Terrres> “I might as well try it too”
9:03:54 PM <DM_Tol> Terres tethers up and preps to head forward.
9:04:05 PM <DM_Tol> (you can roll, dc13)
9:04:07 PM * *Ash hits Terres with Guidance before he goes.
9:04:11 PM <Kayalia> “Good luck, Terrres.”
9:04:15 PM * *Khophus takes the other end of the rope and braces himself.
9:04:21 PM * *Terrres graps the rope and prepares for adventure
9:04:24 PM <Ash> (1d4 to an attribute check, lasts 1min)
9:04:24 PM <Miri> “Look for the pockets of rocks and try to head for them.”
9:04:38 PM * *Miri takes up another anchor possition on teh rope.
9:04:42 PM <Terrres> 1d20 vs dc13
9:04:42 PM <TolBot> [Terrres's 1d20(14) 'vs dc13']: 14 (Success)
9:04:52 PM <Terrres> 1d20 vs dc13
9:04:52 PM <TolBot> [Terrres's 1d20(6) 'vs dc13']: 6 (Fail)
9:05:03 PM <DM_Tol> Terres moves forward and begins to drift upward and forward, spinning a bit as he maneuvers.
9:05:06 PM <DM_Tol> (1-1)
9:05:21 PM <Terrres> (so now i dont need ut use athletics?)
9:05:43 PM <DM_Tol> (You never had to. you can use Acrobatics, perception or sleight of hand)
9:05:58 PM <Terrres> 1d20+2 vs dc13
9:05:58 PM <TolBot> [Terrres's 1d20(1)+2 'vs dc13']: 3 (Critical fail)
9:06:07 PM <DM_Tol> (1-2)
9:06:11 PM <Terrres> 1d20+2 vs dc13
9:06:12 PM <TolBot> [Terrres's 1d20(2)+2 'vs dc13']: 4 (Fail)
9:06:15 PM * *Ash winces as this looks like it is going very bad fast.
9:06:19 PM <Terrres> “Wheeeee”
9:06:20 PM * *Ash yanks Terres in.
9:06:36 PM <DM_Tol> Terres reaches out and grabs at another area before drifting up and out.
9:06:53 PM <DM_Tol> you pull him down with the rope to soften his fall as he spins back towards you.
9:06:59 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 damage to Terres.
9:06:59 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d6(1) 'damage to Terres.']: 1
9:07:19 PM <DM_Tol> (CON save dc10 to avoid chucking)
9:07:33 PM <Terrres> 1d20+2 vs dc10
9:07:34 PM <TolBot> [Terrres's 1d20(7)+2 'vs dc10']: 9 (Fail)
9:07:58 PM * *Terrres turns toward a wall and throws up
9:08:18 PM * *Kayalia covers her own mouth, the sight of someone else vomitting inducing a similar uneasiness in herself.
9:08:26 PM * *Khophus wrinkles his nostrils.
9:08:36 PM <Khophus> “Oh, dear…”
9:09:29 PM <Terrres> “Well that wasnt as fun as i immagined”
9:09:53 PM <Khophus> “At least you didn't have the meat pie. That never comes back any better.”
9:10:10 PM <Miri> “want to try again khophus or should i? Or should we think of another way to approach this?”
9:10:22 PM <Khophus> “I'm game for trying again.”
9:10:44 PM <Ash> “Watch that second part there, it seems to have the most pull on people.”
9:10:56 PM * *Kayalia waves her fan at herself, cooling herself off from the frustration they've been experiencing. “I'm afraid to try, honestly. You guys are braver than I am, surely.”
9:11:01 PM * *Ash gives Khophus guidance before he goes.
9:11:13 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus straps in and moves foward.
9:11:17 PM <DM_Tol> (roll dc13)
9:12:12 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 (DC13)
9:12:13 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(7)+5 '(DC13)']: 12 (Fail)
9:12:18 PM <Khophus> * *Thud*
9:12:20 PM <DM_Tol> (0-1)
9:12:22 PM <Ash> (Use guidance here)
9:12:27 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 (DC13)
9:12:27 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(6)+5 '(DC13)']: 11 (Fail)
9:12:29 PM <Ash> (That can be used after a roll)
9:12:29 PM <Kayalia> (what does guidance do?)
9:12:33 PM <DM_Tol> (add 1d4)
9:12:36 PM <Ash> (1d4 to a check)
9:12:38 PM <Khophus> (ok)
9:12:56 PM <Kayalia> (ahhh…)
9:13:06 PM <Khophus> 1d4 (Guidance)
9:13:07 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d4(4) '(Guidance)']: 4
9:13:07 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus moves forward and up and left, spinning a bit. (1-1)
9:13:18 PM <Khophus> “Not vomiting! Not vomiting!”
9:13:28 PM <Khophus> 1d20+9 (DC13)
9:13:28 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(11)+9 '(DC13)']: 20 (Success)
9:13:34 PM <DM_Tol> (2-1)
9:13:44 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 (DC13)
9:13:44 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(7)+5 '(DC13)']: 12 (Fail)
9:14:01 PM * *Khophus grunts and tries to right himself
9:14:06 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 (DC13)
9:14:07 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(18)+5 '(DC13)']: 23 (Success)
9:14:27 PM <Kayalia> (3-2?)
9:14:31 PM <DM_Tol> (3-2)
9:14:34 PM * *Khophus flails and tries to get himself in at least one direction
9:14:37 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 (DC13)
9:14:37 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(17)+5 '(DC13)']: 22 (Success)
9:14:50 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus avoids a larger stone, moving up, then downward, and almost at the end.
9:14:56 PM <DM_Tol> (4-2)
9:14:57 PM <Khophus> (roll again?)
9:15:12 PM <DM_Tol> (you know that you need more than 5 successes)
9:15:22 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 (DC13)
9:15:22 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(5)+5 '(DC13)']: 10 (Fail)
9:15:32 PM <Kayalia> (it might be like 6 successesses before 3 fails)
9:15:39 PM <Kayalia> (or 7)
9:15:50 PM <Khophus> (*sigh*)
9:15:53 PM <Kayalia> :(
9:15:54 PM * *Ash starts the customary yanking.
9:16:03 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus finds his leg in an opposing stream, which pulls him to the high stream as he falls back.
9:16:10 PM <DM_Tol> Pulling on the rope, you soften his blow.
9:16:12 PM * *Khophus flaps again…but it doesn't work for the half-mammal.
9:16:14 PM * *Kayalia says a silent prayer for the fallen
9:16:19 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 damage (Con save to avoid???)
9:16:19 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d6(2) 'damage (Con save to avoid???)']: 2
9:16:30 PM <Khophus> 1d20+4
9:16:31 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(3)+4]: 7
9:16:41 PM <Kayalia> :(
9:16:44 PM <DM_Tol> (time to blow hehe )
9:17:16 PM * *Khophus crashes into the ground harder than last time. he stands up, then lets out a horrid stream of brown liquid and mustard yellow flames
9:17:28 PM <Khophus> “GUHHHAAAAAACK!”
9:17:29 PM <Ash> “Oh now that's gross.”
9:17:31 PM * *Kayalia LOOKS AWAY.
9:17:32 PM * *Ash backs off.
9:17:40 PM <Khophus> ”…and on fire…”
9:18:05 PM <Ash> “I've seen some horrible things living in an alley, but THAT…oh my goodness THAT!
9:18:24 PM <Miri> “well…who's next?”
9:18:34 PM * *Khophus weakly raises his hand…
9:18:36 PM * *Dylan winces
9:18:50 PM <Miri> “Not you khophus. you need to sit for a bit.”
9:18:52 PM <Kayalia> “No, Khophus you've already pushed yourself so much.”
9:19:14 PM <Miri> “Let me try again.” holds her hand out for the rope.
9:19:25 PM * *Ash pulls out his knife.
9:19:31 PM <Dylan> “I'm not sure I understand what we are trying to achieve here”
9:19:32 PM * *Khophus stoically stands upright, walks over to his pack and gets some water to wash out his mouth.
9:19:39 PM <Ash> “Try using this to wedge into the walls to give yourself a bit of a grip.
9:19:48 PM <Khophus> “*gasp*… neither do I.”
9:19:50 PM * *Ash holds out his knife for Miri.
9:20:10 PM <Miri> “I'm assuming that if one one of us makes it through, we can anchor and make it easier for others to cross and then just yank the last person…” Grabs the knife.
9:20:26 PM <Kayalia> “Are you sure, Miri? You don't need to. I haven't een taken a turn, perhaps….”
9:20:41 PM * *Ash then casts guidance to help Miri along when she is about to start her journey.
9:20:51 PM <Ash> “That's the plan at least.”
9:20:53 PM * *Miri look to kay. “let me try again, if i fail, then you can go.”
9:20:59 PM <DM_Tol> Miri tethers up with the rope and moves forward.
9:21:01 PM <DM_Tol> (roll)
9:21:06 PM <Kayalia> “Well, I pray you succeed so I will not have to.”
9:21:10 PM <Miri> 1d20+4
9:21:10 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(2)+4]: 6
9:21:18 PM <Miri> (yeah d4 not helping that at all lol)
9:21:24 PM <DM_Tol> (insight roll for everyone who has attempted to go through)
9:21:26 PM <Kayalia> (eeeep bad start)
9:21:36 PM <Miri> 1d20 insight
9:21:37 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(10) 'insight']: 10
9:21:42 PM <Khophus> 1d20+2 Insight
9:21:43 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(1)+2 'Insight']: 3 (Yowza)
9:21:43 PM <Terrres> 1d20+2
9:21:43 PM <TolBot> [Terrres's 1d20(9)+2]: 11
9:21:53 PM <DM_Tol> (k, thanks, hehe)
9:22:04 PM <Khophus> (I'm not really surprised…)
9:22:09 PM <Terrres> (its not that we are bad at roleplaying , its that tolbot hates us all)
9:22:16 PM <Kayalia> (Khophus realizes up is down in this hall)
9:22:23 PM * *Miri tries to find the first pile of rocks she noticed last time so she can head for them.
9:22:30 PM <DM_Tol> Miri moves forward and steps into the stream, beginning to move upward.
9:22:46 PM <Miri> (and how can i roll all the dice at once? i forget)
9:22:48 PM <Ash> (No Khophus doesn't realize gravity is messed up yet. He thinks he's a duck learning to fly.)
9:22:59 PM <Kayalia> (lol)
9:23:19 PM <DM_Tol> (3#1d20???)
9:23:34 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 1d4 dc13
9:23:34 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(2)+4 '1d4 dc13']: 6 (Fail)
9:23:37 PM <Khophus> (Techinally, the birds are a distant ancestor…)
9:23:46 PM <Kayalia> ( can you do vs. dc 13 in that type of roll?)
9:23:54 PM <DM_Tol> Miri loses her grip as she moves forward (0-1)
9:23:57 PM <DM_Tol> (yes0
9:24:00 PM <Miri> 1d20+4
9:24:01 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(7)+4]: 11
9:24:03 PM <Miri> 1d4
9:24:03 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d4(3)]: 3
9:24:12 PM <Ash> (Yay Guidance)
9:24:21 PM <DM_Tol> (1-1)
9:24:23 PM <Kayalia> (for the win!)
9:24:25 PM <Miri> 1d20+4
9:24:25 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(7)+4]: 11
9:24:27 PM <Miri> 1d4
9:24:27 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d4(3)]: 3
9:24:37 PM <DM_Tol> Miri catches herself, and them rolls over backward.
9:24:44 PM <Kayalia> (how many times can guidance be used?)
9:24:46 PM <DM_Tol> (only for one roll, miri)
9:24:49 PM * *Khophus readies to pull the roll
9:24:53 PM <DM_Tol> (1-2)
9:25:01 PM <Miri> (i thought it lasted for a minute?)
9:25:21 PM <Ash> (A minute or 1 roll, whichever comes first)
9:25:29 PM <DM_Tol> (you have to use it within a minute)
9:25:34 PM <Miri> (ooh ok)
9:25:48 PM <Miri> 1d20+4
9:25:48 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(14)+4]: 18
9:25:59 PM <DM_Tol> Miri floats right then forward. (2-2)
9:26:03 PM <Miri> 1d20+4
9:26:03 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(6)+4]: 10
9:26:25 PM <Kayalia> (noooo)
9:26:32 PM <DM_Tol> She pushes off the wall and then spins upwards, then falls back towards you as you pull the rope to soften her fall.
9:26:40 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 damage (and con save)
9:26:41 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d6(1) 'damage (and con save)']: 1
9:26:51 PM <DM_Tol> (the rest of you observing can roll an insight check)
9:26:53 PM <Miri> 1d20+5 dc10
9:26:53 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(8)+5 'dc10']: 13 (Success)
9:27:05 PM <Terrres> 1d20+2 insight
9:27:05 PM <TolBot> [Terrres's 1d20(16)+2 'insight']: 18
9:27:21 PM <Ash> 1d20+4 insight
9:27:21 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(9)+4 'insight']: 13
9:27:28 PM <Terrres> (oops sorry, i thought roll another)
9:27:30 PM * *Miri screams into the void again before going back to pacing.
9:27:43 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+2 insight
9:27:44 PM <TolBot> [Kayalia's 1d20(8)+2 'insight']: 10
9:27:56 PM <Kayalia> “Miri…”
9:28:13 PM <Miri> “don't kay…just….let me cool off.”
9:28:15 PM <Khophus> 1d20+2 Insight
9:28:15 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(12)+2 'Insight']: 14
9:29:12 PM <DM_Tol> (Dylan?)
9:29:17 PM * *Miri unties the rope before she forgets.
9:29:27 PM <Dylan> (yah)
9:29:35 PM <DM_Tol> (roll insight check)
9:29:42 PM <Dylan> lemme check )
9:30:00 PM <Dylan> 1d20 dc 10
9:30:00 PM <Khophus> (rolled a 14)
9:30:00 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(8) 'dc 10']: 8
9:30:22 PM <Dylan> “So …”
9:30:28 PM <Kayalia> “Should… I… try…?”
9:30:28 PM <Dylan> “Should i try this climb?”
9:30:35 PM <Kayalia> “Or Dylan?”
9:30:40 PM <Dylan> “I'll ogo”
9:30:46 PM <Dylan> “go”
9:30:46 PM * *Kayalia nods slowly.
9:30:57 PM <Dylan> (ok dc 13 ready)
9:30:58 PM <Terrres> “oh its fun, especially the last part”
9:31:05 PM * *Kayalia winces.
9:31:15 PM <Khophus> “Flap your arms.”
9:31:20 PM * *Dylan says a small prayer and ties on the rope and prepares himself
9:31:36 PM <DM_Tol> (type it dc13 so it will pick it up)
9:31:41 PM * *Ash says a small prayer of guidance, as Dylan gets ready for the plunge.
9:31:42 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 dc 13
9:31:43 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(12)+5 'dc 13']: 17
9:31:43 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan puts the rope on and moves forward
9:31:47 PM <DM_Tol> (type it dc13 so it will pick it up)
9:31:52 PM <DM_Tol> (withouth the space)
9:31:57 PM <DM_Tol> (1-0)
9:32:01 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 dc13
9:32:01 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(10)+5 'dc13']: 15 (Success)
9:32:05 PM <DM_Tol> He floats up and then to the right.
9:32:10 PM <DM_Tol> (2-0)
9:32:14 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 dc13
9:32:15 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(1)+5 'dc13']: 6 (Critical fail)
9:32:30 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan spins a bit as he reaches forward.
9:32:32 PM <Kayalia> (this challenge reminds me of the fire world in the PC game Zeliard)
9:32:36 PM <DM_Tol> (2-1)
9:32:38 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 dc13
9:32:38 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(5)+5 'dc13']: 10 (Fail)
9:32:43 PM <DM_Tol> (2-2)
9:32:48 PM <Kayalia> >.<
9:32:49 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 dc13
9:32:49 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(9)+5 'dc13']: 14 (Success)
9:32:57 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan tries to steady his spin (3-2)
9:33:06 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 dc13
9:33:06 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(5)+5 'dc13']: 10 (Fail)
9:33:16 PM <Ash> (Use guidance)
9:33:21 PM <Ash> (Save yourself!)
9:33:22 PM <Kayalia> >.< >.< >.<
9:33:35 PM <Dylan> (how many more rolls?)
9:33:47 PM <Miri> (roll 1d4 right now or your rolls are done)
9:33:50 PM <DM_Tol> (Dylan, Ash cast ???Guidance??? on you. you can add 1d4 to your last roll)
9:34:06 PM <Dylan> 1d4
9:34:06 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d4(2)]: 2
9:34:11 PM <Kayalia> (12…)
9:34:34 PM <DM_Tol> (2-3) Dylan moves into the stream upwards, losing his bearings, and then falling back toward you.
9:34:45 PM <DM_Tol> you pull the rope to soften his fall.
9:34:46 PM * *Miri yanks on the rope to help cushion his fall.
9:34:46 PM * *Ash yanks on the rope for the eventual “Smack” with the ground coming, while trying to watch what went wrong and where.
9:34:51 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 damage Dylan.
9:34:51 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d6(6) 'damage Dylan.']: 6
9:34:52 PM * *Kayalia winces once more.
9:34:57 PM * *Dylan thuds
9:35:11 PM <Dylan> “I don't think that worked
9:35:13 PM <Kayalia> (We're all going to slowly die from falling damage)
9:35:14 PM <DM_Tol> (CON save dc13 to avoid puking)
9:35:32 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+2 Insight from watching Dylan?
9:35:32 PM <TolBot> [Kayalia's 1d20(8)+2 'Insight from watching Dylan?']: 10
9:35:36 PM <Kayalia> (asdfg
9:35:37 PM <Dylan> 1d20+1 dc13
9:35:37 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(14)+1 'dc13']: 15 (Success)
9:35:41 PM <Terrres> (dont worry after a while we will puke up enough in this corner to soften up the landing)
9:36:01 PM <DM_Tol> Those of you who have attepted the streams think you might have better success if two of you attempt to navigate forward together, stablizing each other.
9:36:07 PM <Khophus> (or burn through the floor)
9:36:21 PM <Kayalia> (napalm puke?)
9:36:43 PM <Dylan> “Maybe two of us should try going together to try stabilizing each other”
9:36:46 PM <Khophus> (never ask for it messy)
9:36:56 PM <Terrres> (and thats what a DM tired of looking at his players failing hard does)
9:36:56 PM <Khophus> “Would we have to be near equal weight?”
9:36:59 PM <Kayalia> “Two at once…?”
9:37:29 PM <Terrres> “Or three”
9:37:32 PM <DM_Tol> (nope, I wrote out after watching 6 solo attempts)
9:37:33 PM <Kayalia> “And be really comfortable with the other person I suppose.”
9:37:51 PM <DM_Tol> (you got an insight check after 3)
9:38:48 PM <Ash> “Who are you proposing go Dylan ?
9:39:13 PM <Miri> “I'll go, just make sure you ask permission before touching me and we're good.”
9:39:14 PM <Dylan> “Hmm..”
9:39:15 PM <Kayalia> “Any pair want to go now, instead?”
9:39:28 PM <Kayalia> “I'll go with you, Miri…”
9:39:28 PM <Dylan> “I will go, uhmm i don't care who goes with me”
9:39:40 PM <Dylan> “Or they can go”
9:39:41 PM <Terrres> “Lets go then”
9:39:48 PM <Kayalia> “We did great together in the other hall, at least!”
9:40:03 PM <Khophus> “I…I think I will sit this one out.”
9:40:05 PM <Miri> “That we did, and we haven't thrown up yet, so that's good.”
9:40:06 PM <Dylan> “Ok, so terrres and I or Kayalia and Miri?”
9:40:34 PM <Kayalia> “Not that I want to end up losing my last meal…”
9:40:55 PM <Miri> “Me either, but lets go anyway. Dylan and terres can rest up a bit more.”
9:41:04 PM * *Kayalia offers Miri her own extended hand. “You think we'd be okay?”
9:41:18 PM * *Terrres watches the others go
9:41:26 PM * *Miri grabs the rope and ties it off and then grabs kayalia's hand. “I think so, worth a shot anyway”
9:41:39 PM <Kayalia> “I'll try not to hold you back.”
9:41:51 PM <Miri> “same”
9:41:56 PM <Kayalia> (how do we roll this? Kaya has +7 acrobatics, normally.)
9:42:57 PM <DM_Tol> (each of you make your own skill rolls, but with advantage. as in:)
9:43:05 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+3 adv dc13
9:43:05 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d20(3, 18)+3 'adv dc13']: 21 (Success)
9:43:11 PM <Kayalia> (k)
9:43:30 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia and Miri tether up, and move forward, joining hands.
9:43:32 PM <Kayalia> (guidance casted?)
9:43:39 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv dc13
9:43:40 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(19, 7)+4 'adv dc13']: 23 (Success)
9:43:43 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 adv dc13
9:43:43 PM <TolBot> [Kayalia's 1d20(8, 16)+7 'adv dc13']: 23 (Success)
9:43:46 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv dc13
9:43:46 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(8, 6)+4 'adv dc13']: 12 (Fail)
9:43:47 PM <DM_Tol> (wait)
9:44:11 PM <DM_Tol> (I???m sorry, the adv is only for those who have tried it once before already)
9:44:26 PM <Kayalia> (ok no adv for me, but both my rolls woulda succeeded)
9:44:28 PM <Ash> (Sorry yes to the guidance question)
9:44:47 PM <Kayalia> (so no bonus for tethering with miri for me?)
9:45:07 PM <DM_Tol> (Miri still gets the adv)
9:45:12 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 dc13
9:45:12 PM <TolBot> [Kayalia's 1d20(11)+7 'dc13']: 18 (Success)
9:45:24 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv dc13
9:45:25 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(13, 19)+4 'adv dc13']: 23 (Success)
9:45:28 PM <DM_Tol> (4-2)
9:45:28 PM <Kayalia> (I'm 2-0, Miri is 1-1 unless she uses guidance)
9:45:48 PM <Kayalia> (how is it 4-2?)
9:45:55 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia and Miri slowly progress, up and left and right and down, tugging each other through the streams.
9:46:01 PM <DM_Tol> (oops, i counted mine, hehe)
9:46:05 PM <DM_Tol> (3-1)
9:46:10 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 dc13
9:46:10 PM <TolBot> [Kayalia's 1d20(17)+7 'dc13']: 24 (Success)
9:46:13 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv dc13
9:46:13 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(15, 13)+4 'adv dc13']: 19 (Success)
9:46:22 PM <DM_Tol> (5-1)
9:46:25 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 dc13
9:46:25 PM <TolBot> [Kayalia's 1d20(10)+7 'dc13']: 17 (Success)
9:46:27 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv dc13
9:46:27 PM <TolBot> [Miri's 1d20(10, 9)+4 'adv dc13']: 14 (Success)
9:46:43 PM <Terrres> “look at them go”
9:46:54 PM <DM_Tol> You avoid a large rock floating in the middle, and as you near the end of the passage, you float down and to the right and then down.
9:47:23 PM * *Khophus smiles
9:47:25 PM <Kayalia> (kaya is actually the best skill check roller for this challenge but her scardey ass wouldn't go … >.>)
9:47:31 PM <DM_Tol> You rest on the ground with normal gravity. Ahead of you 30ft is a large stone door.
9:47:57 PM <Miri> (so we made it?)
9:48:01 PM * *Kayalia tests the ground ahead gingerly, making sure gravity is normal.
9:48:05 PM <DM_Tol> The rock the avoiding, that Khophus preiviously dislodge, smashes against a side wall. more, rocks enter the stream.
9:48:10 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, you made it)
9:48:28 PM * *Kayalia offers Miri a quick hug. “We did it!”
9:48:44 PM * *Ash yells into the darkness.
9:48:50 PM <Ash> “Good job you two.”
9:49:25 PM * *Miri hugs back. Yells across “we made it! Try going two by two!”
9:49:29 PM <Khophus> “Are you well?”
9:49:38 PM * *Kayalia sets down her lantern after 10 feet or so, to keep the door well lit. She yells back to Ash. “Thank you for your majick spell that protected us!”
9:50:35 PM * *Miri looks for a spot to help anchor herself for the others to cross.
9:50:51 PM <Kayalia> “Do you think it will work well enough for them to cross?”
9:51:00 PM <Miri> “Only one way to find out.”
9:51:46 PM <Ash> “Who's next?”
9:51:54 PM <DM_Tol> (note, you are connected by a rope.)
9:52:01 PM <Kayalia> “I hope so. Those strange areas… I felt up was down and every which way, I can see why the others were so unsteady after falling.”
9:52:06 PM <DM_Tol> A larger rock smashes agaisnt the wall above you.
9:52:11 PM <Miri> (brb)
9:52:15 PM <DM_Tol> (er, above the door)
9:52:24 PM * *Terrres tries to dodge the gravel shower
9:52:35 PM * *Kayalia ensures the rope is no longer tethered to her or Miri, so that Miri can secure it somewhere, instead.
9:53:03 PM <Ash> “No volunteers?”
9:53:27 PM <Terrres> “Lets go i guess”
9:53:37 PM * *Kayalia calls to the others “We've yet to secure the rope, please wait until we're done, okay?”
9:53:41 PM <DM_Tol> (so you???re dropping the rope Miri?)
9:53:43 PM <Ash> “Sure”
9:53:51 PM <Miri> (back)
9:54:00 PM <DM_Tol> (so you???re dropping the rope Miri?)
9:54:02 PM <Miri> (i'm not dropping the rope, i'm holding it and trying to anchor myself)
9:54:08 PM <DM_Tol> (ok)
9:54:40 PM <Kayalia> (She's going to secure it somehow so the others can get across holding onto it and shuffling by… zip line style)
9:55:47 PM <DM_Tol> (in place of going 2×2, you can try ???climbing the rope???, which is athletics with adv)
9:56:04 PM <Khophus> (That would be wonderful…)
9:56:27 PM <DM_Tol> Miri secures the rope on a rock formation.
9:56:54 PM <DM_Tol> (keep in mind for the rest of the party, you must keep the rope tight, otherwise it will flow off away)
9:57:19 PM * *Miri keeps a firm grip on the rope and even leans back a bit to help keep it taught.
9:57:54 PM <Ash> “Terres, you should go next.”
9:57:54 PM <Khophus> “Who will go first?”
9:58:02 PM <DM_Tol> (not youre side, Miri. you tied it off. the point is, the other side needs to keep it taught as well)
9:58:14 PM * *Terres goes next
9:58:30 PM <Kayalia> “Okay everyone, one at a time, please!”
9:58:37 PM <Ash> (guidance)
9:58:43 PM <DM_Tol> Terres climbs the rope forward.
9:58:52 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 adv dc13
9:58:52 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d20(9, 13)+2 'adv dc13']: 15 (Success)
9:59:05 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 adv dc13
9:59:05 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d20(7, 7)+2 'adv dc13']: 9 (Fail)
9:59:13 PM <DM_Tol> (keep rolling till 3 fails or 6 successes)
9:59:18 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 adv dc13
9:59:19 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d20(15, 18)+2 'adv dc13']: 20 (Success)
9:59:21 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 adv dc13
9:59:22 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d20(8, 12)+2 'adv dc13']: 14 (Success)
9:59:24 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 adv dc13
9:59:25 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d20(12, 17)+2 'adv dc13']: 19 (Success)
9:59:28 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 adv dc13
9:59:28 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d20(9, 9)+2 'adv dc13']: 11 (Fail)
9:59:37 PM <DM_Tol> (4-2)
9:59:41 PM <Terres> 1d4 guaidance
9:59:42 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d4(3) 'guaidance']: 3
9:59:54 PM <DM_Tol> (5-1)
9:59:57 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 adv dc13
9:59:57 PM <TolBot> [Terres's 1d20(15, 3)+2 'adv dc13']: 17 (Success)
10:00:15 PM <Terres> (is that it?)
10:00:21 PM <Miri> (yep)
10:00:23 PM <DM_Tol> Terres climbs out of the gravity streams successfully.
10:00:23 PM <Kayalia> (ya you crossed)
10:00:40 PM <Ash> “Next?”
10:00:43 PM * *Terres sighs when he gets on the other side then helps hold the rope
10:00:58 PM * *Khophus steps up
10:01:03 PM <Khophus> “Here we go.”
10:01:19 PM <Ash> (Who's holding the rope?)
10:01:41 PM * *Dylan will hold the rop
10:01:44 PM <Kayalia> (no stalagmite to secure to?)
10:01:52 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:01:52 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(4, 10)+5 'adv DC13']: 15 (Success)
10:01:57 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:01:57 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(2, 17)+5 'adv DC13']: 22 (Success)
10:02:02 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:02:02 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(12, 6)+5 'adv DC13']: 17 (Success)
10:02:11 PM <DM_Tol> The rocks are floating all around now in the cavern. Every 30 seconds one smashes against the wall. That larger stone is off to the right.
10:02:15 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:02:16 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(19, 1)+5 'adv DC13']: 24 (Success)
10:02:26 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:02:26 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(10, 4)+5 'adv DC13']: 15 (Success)
10:02:32 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:02:33 PM <TolBot> [Khophus's 1d20(20, 15)+5 'adv DC13']: 25 (Critical success)
10:02:34 PM <DM_Tol> Khphus climbs the rope forward and makes it through.
10:02:43 PM <DM_Tol> He sticks his landing at the end.
10:02:48 PM * *Ash looks at Dylan.
10:02:52 PM * *Khophus scrurries over and grabs the rope. “READY!”
10:03:06 PM <Ash> “One of us goes, the other gets pulled across. Which do you want?”
10:03:12 PM * *Kayalia looks at the group, now forming what looks like a tug-of-war team
10:04:00 PM * *Kayalia then looks to the doorway, looking for the mechanism to open the door.
10:04:07 PM <DM_Tol> The large stone moves upward and smashes agaist the ceiling. more stones fall into the gravity streams.
10:04:28 PM <Dylan> “ok I'm next?
10:04:37 PM <Kayalia> (why is the room suddenly coming apart?)
10:04:43 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan and Ash, a larger stone smashes against the wall above the door, and pieces of it crack and fall onto the rubble pile.
10:05:33 PM * *Ash gives Dylan and grabs hold of the rope.
10:05:37 PM <Ash> “Be quick
10:05:41 PM <DM_Tol> (kayalia, it???s been building ever since Khophus first went. He disturbed some stones. they flew around, some hit a wal where a LARGE stone broke off. It???s been gradually buildilng)
10:05:41 PM <Dylan> “ok”
10:05:56 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:05:56 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(4, 1)+5 'adv DC13']: 9 (Fail)
10:06:03 PM <DM_Tol> (0-1)
10:06:08 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:06:09 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(14, 7)+5 'adv DC13']: 19 (Success)
10:06:17 PM <DM_Tol> (1-1)
10:06:18 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:06:19 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(3, 20)+5 'adv DC13']: 25 (Critical success)
10:06:19 PM * *Ash is surprised about the sudden shift on the rope (the 1st fail)
10:06:21 PM <Ash> “Sorry”
10:06:32 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:06:33 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(15, 13)+5 'adv DC13']: 20 (Success)
10:06:43 PM <DM_Tol> (3-1)
10:06:44 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:06:44 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(6, 9)+5 'adv DC13']: 14 (Success)
10:06:58 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:06:58 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(7, 16)+5 'adv DC13']: 21 (Success)
10:07:30 PM <Dylan> 1d20+5 adv DC13
10:07:31 PM <TolBot> [Dylan's 1d20(12, 17)+5 'adv DC13']: 22 (Success)
10:07:33 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan makes it through.
10:07:54 PM <Ash> “Oh boy, just me now.”
10:07:56 PM * *Dylan gasps
10:08:00 PM <Dylan> “Ok Question”
10:08:10 PM <Terres> (we should just pull him through)
10:08:14 PM <Dylan> “There are enough of us up here, why don't we just haul ash up?”
10:08:20 PM * *Ash ties the rope around his waist.
10:08:28 PM <Dylan> “wait”
10:08:28 PM * *Ash meekly calls out.
10:08:33 PM <Ash> “Ready to do this?”
10:08:43 PM * *Dylan calls out
10:08:51 PM * *Dylan looks at the others
10:09:08 PM <Khophus> “I'm ready”
10:09:09 PM * *Miri gets ready to haul in the rope as fast as she can. “i'm ready”
10:09:25 PM <Dylan> “We'll just pull you up”
10:09:38 PM <Ash> “Yeah, hopefully not into a rock”
10:09:40 PM * *Ash mutters
10:09:53 PM <DM_Tol> You pull Ash through the now rubble spotted gravity streams. Ash, you hear a smash and sound of stone cracking behind you.
10:10:11 PM * *Dylan pulls
10:10:16 PM <DM_Tol> (go ahead and make 6 rolls. acrobatics or athl)
10:10:26 PM <DM_Tol> (it???s to avoid the debris as they pull you)
10:10:32 PM <DM_Tol> (with adv)
10:10:43 PM <Ash> 1d20+1 adv DC13
10:10:43 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(13, 5)+1 'adv DC13']: 14 (Success)
10:10:44 PM <Khophus> (can we assist?)
10:10:45 PM <Ash> 1d20+1 adv DC13
10:10:45 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(14, 10)+1 'adv DC13']: 15 (Success)
10:10:46 PM <Ash> 1d20+1 adv DC13
10:10:46 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(17, 20)+1 'adv DC13']: 21 (Critical success)
10:10:47 PM <Ash> 1d20+1 adv DC13
10:10:47 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(8, 1)+1 'adv DC13']: 9 (Fail)
10:10:51 PM <Ash> 1d4
10:10:51 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d4(3)]: 3
10:10:54 PM <Ash> (Fail)
10:10:57 PM <Ash> 1d20+1 adv DC13
10:10:57 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(19, 4)+1 'adv DC13']: 20 (Success)
10:10:58 PM <Ash> 1d20+1 adv DC13
10:10:58 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(12, 2)+1 'adv DC13']: 13 (Success)
10:11:01 PM <Miri> (we are assisting by giving him advantage)
10:11:08 PM <Ash> 1d20+1 adv DC13
10:11:08 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(11, 16)+1 'adv DC13']: 17 (Success)
10:11:13 PM <Ash> (6-1)
10:11:15 PM <DM_Tol> Ash makes it through
10:11:30 PM <DM_Tol> 1d2
10:11:30 PM <TolBot> [DM_Tol's 1d2(2)]: 2
10:11:43 PM <DM_Tol> One stone nails him in the head as he pulls through (2hps damage)
10:11:59 PM <Ash> “Ow”
10:12:24 PM * *Kayalia looks around for a loose rock that she can use against the door, as the last few challenges involved pressing something related to the trap to the door.
10:12:34 PM <DM_Tol> A stone smashes the wall up near the party.
10:12:42 PM <DM_Tol> There are rocks about.
10:13:12 PM * *Miri unties the rope and hands khophus his section of rope back.
10:13:51 PM <Khophus> “Thank you.”
10:13:55 PM <DM_Tol> After a minute, you all duck as another rock flies forward and crashes into the stone door.
10:14:02 PM * *Kayalia collects a rock and examines the door for a place to use it.
10:14:17 PM * *Kayalia jumps out of the way o_o
10:15:01 PM <Miri> “welcome”
10:15:04 PM <DM_Tol> Examining the door, it is not as smoothly cut. You see no symbols above, or familiar areas in the middle indicating a trigger. There are fissures all along and through the door.
10:15:14 PM <Khophus> “Let's never do that again.”
10:15:42 PM * *Kayalia wonders if the door can be simply… destroyed.
10:15:50 PM <Miri> “didn't you also say that after the fire bit?”
10:16:28 PM <Terres> (does the door look like its been hit by stones?)
10:16:36 PM <DM_Tol> (yes)
10:17:03 PM <Kayalia> “The door is heavily cracked, perhaps some force to it could simply destroy it?”
10:17:25 PM <Khophus> “I think I can find some force.”
10:17:26 PM <Ash> “I recommend Miri takes her frustration out on it.”
10:17:37 PM <Khophus> “Ahh – of course.”
10:17:46 PM * *Khophus bows and steps aside for Miri.
10:17:48 PM * *Terres picks up a large rock and throws it at the doo
10:17:49 PM <Khophus> (brb)
10:17:59 PM <Terres> (door)
10:18:09 PM <DM_Tol> The 30 lb rock breaks off a part of the slab.
10:18:32 PM * *Miri grabs every rock she can and pumples the door.
10:19:49 PM <DM_Tol> Some of you pick up stones and pummel the door for minutes at a time.
10:20:25 PM * *Miri takes out one of her hand axes and begins swinging at the door.
10:20:47 PM <DM_Tol> Meanwhile, you continue to hear with greater frequency and volume the breaking and smashing of rocks behind you.
10:21:15 PM * *Kayalia finds an opening while people rest to outright kick the door with a roundhouse.
10:21:19 PM * *Khophus bashes at the door with the pommel of his sword while holding his shield up to deflect debris
10:21:54 PM * *Ash looks around for a non-violent way to open the door.
10:23:12 PM * *Miri keeps attacking the door with her axes until someone finds a better way.
10:23:24 PM * *Terres takes out his frustration over the last few rooms on this door
10:23:27 PM <Kayalia> (No. there is only violence here.)
10:23:48 PM <Terres> (join the dark side)
10:23:57 PM * *Dylan looks behind them
10:24:24 PM <DM_Tol> (you can roll invest Ash)
10:24:41 PM <Khophus> (we have cookies)
10:24:42 PM <DM_Tol> You make progress on the door for half and hour. You see a break through spot.
10:25:05 PM * *Miri begins concentrating on the break through spot.
10:25:12 PM * *Kayalia inserts a rock into the break-through spot, cheekily.
10:25:23 PM <Ash> 1d20+2
10:25:23 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(5)+2]: 7
10:25:37 PM <DM_Tol> Behind you, the rough cavern, worn by ages of gravitational pulls on its structure sounds like it???s starting to come undone.
10:26:03 PM * *Terres looks at Kayalia ” We are not trying to fix the door”
10:26:14 PM <DM_Tol> You pummel the spot broken all the way through and begins to see you???re going to be able to shatter the door.
10:26:28 PM <Kayalia> “what! I'm pretending its the door from two floors ago.”
10:26:53 PM * *Miri screams “stop pretending and just let me kill it!” keeps attacking the weak spot.
10:26:55 PM <DM_Tol> Over time, now an hour in all, you smash and then a crack opens up and a large piecs of the slab falls forward away from you, large enough for a medium size creature to pass through.
10:27:19 PM * *Kayalia is a medium sized creature, and will enter thusly
10:27:23 PM * *Khophus takes a position at the rear to shield everyone from the rocks.
10:30:11 PM <Miri> (is anyone not a medium creature?)
10:30:20 PM <DM_Tol> (no)
10:30:31 PM <Terres> (i am a dwarf but more of a large dwarf)
10:31:22 PM * *Ash is happy to finally be through
10:31:37 PM * *Miri makes her way through.
10:34:04 PM <DM_Tol> You make your way through the doorway. The glowing moss is still around.
10:34:11 PM <DM_Tol> To you right is a stairwell down.
10:35:03 PM <Miri> “good grief how far down we going to the center of the earth?”
10:35:23 PM <Ash> “Doubtful, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point.”
10:35:30 PM <Dylan> “I don't know..”
10:35:52 PM <Khophus> “Think we'll come out the other side?”
10:37:00 PM <DM_Tol> ( in the images at the entrance, there was ??? | | | | | | | ???
10:37:01 PM <Miri> “only one way to find out” moves towards the stairs.
10:37:13 PM <DM_Tol> (you???ve just forgotten)
10:37:15 PM * *Terres follows
10:37:27 PM <DM_Tol> (do any of you even remember where you???re heading?)
10:37:31 PM <Miri> (well it was last year sometime)
10:37:43 PM <Miri> (black obalis thingy…something like that)
10:38:12 PM <Miri> (obalisque or however you spell it)
10:38:21 PM <Ash> (To the chamber of the obelisk)
10:38:24 PM <DM_Tol> (Evidence lead to the conclusion from Neoma that the image of the obelisk glowing was the clue, that Pillar of Pyhrdo has been found deep below the castle grounds.)
10:38:29 PM <DM_Tol> (right)
10:38:42 PM <Kayalia> (the mark should be VII really)
10:38:59 PM <Miri> (and last level was 5 marks?)
10:39:00 PM <DM_Tol> (That a ritual ancient and dark could be used to allow the Demon Lord to remain on this plain.)
10:39:14 PM <DM_Tol> (Neoma: ???From the time of the ritual, something will be sustaining it, I think the term was ???recycling??? its power. It works on a cycle.???)
10:39:30 PM <Kayalia> (I remember something about a big bad demon and something was here to stop them… that's all)
10:39:35 PM <DM_Tol> (Neoma: ???Whatever sustains it. Restarts it. Renews it. This cycle must be broken. And with this??? the Pillar should be once again lost to this world.???)
10:39:49 PM <Kayalia> (also do you mean plane not plain?)
10:39:54 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, sorry)
10:40:17 PM <DM_Tol> (imanidiot)
10:40:27 PM <Miri> (the plain plane flew through the plane)
10:40:34 PM <DM_Tol> You rest from all the hard work on the landing above the stairs.
10:40:38 PM <Kayalia> (well it coulda been graslands he is occupying for all I know)
10:40:58 PM <Kayalia> (aka plains)
10:41:19 PM <Miri> (are we stopping here for the night?)
10:42:05 PM <Ash> (It seems like a good spot, except not as dramatic if we don't know what horrors await us on the next level.)
10:42:35 PM <Miri> (well miri was starting to walk down but then dm said we are all on the landing. so * *shrugs*)
10:42:37 PM <DM_Tol> (you can. I was gonna stop when you went down the stairs so you could chew on what you saw)
10:42:47 PM <DM_Tol> After resting, Miri begins the descent.
10:43:13 PM <DM_Tol> The steps look much like the others. The difference only being that the tunnel is well leit, with the glowing moss in pattches regularly.
10:44:09 PM * *Khophus continues down, wistfully wishing for combat.
10:44:19 PM * *Miri makes her way down the stairs “well…what will it be this time mmm?”
10:45:08 PM <Ash> “Ceiling spikes.”
10:45:09 PM <DM_Tol> You make your way down as a group, and at the bottom the stairs level off. To the right is a simple wooden door. (every other level was just and open archway)
10:45:36 PM <Miri> “Oh this can't be good.”
10:46:34 PM * *Khophus raises his shield
10:46:40 PM <Ash> “It's too simple, and does not appear to be coated in death and oozing charming dismemberment.”
10:46:44 PM <DM_Tol> On the door you see a simple non-roman carving: ??? | | | | | | ???
10:47:44 PM <Miri> “shall we look for traps or just open the door to see what doom awaits us?”
10:47:50 PM <Ash> “Traps”
10:48:11 PM * *Khophus shrugs
10:48:37 PM <Miri> (is one of us a rogue? I forget)
10:49:07 PM <Terres> i can tip
10:49:44 PM <Terres> (bah sorry)
10:49:59 PM * *Miri waits for someone to check for traps.
10:50:59 PM <DM_Tol> (roll investigation)
10:51:36 PM <DM_Tol> You search and find no traps.
10:51:39 PM <DM_Tol> (dm rolled)
10:51:51 PM <DM_Tol> There is a simple latch for opening the door.
10:52:11 PM * *Miri keeps her head low as she flips the latch and opens the door.
10:52:20 PM <DM_Tol> You open the door, and???
10:52:21 PM <Ash> 1d20+2 investigation
10:52:21 PM <TolBot> [Ash's 1d20(8)+2 'investigation']: 10
10:52:58 PM <DM_Tol> Inside you see a well-lit room. It is finely hewn, even with some decorations you???d expect in a castle hall, small tapestries, etc.
10:53:43 PM <DM_Tol> Theres a table, a chair, a rug, etc.
10:53:46 PM <Miri> “Fire, swinging blads, weird gravity, and this is what freaks me out.”
10:53:52 PM <Miri> (*blades)
10:53:52 PM <Khophus> “Should I like this? I don't think I should like this.”
10:54:08 PM <DM_Tol> Along the walls, you see a few figures. Nonmoving.
10:54:25 PM <Miri> (are the figures alive? dead? chained?)
10:54:47 PM <DM_Tol> ??? a knight suit of armor, a skeleton, a scarecrow, etc??? each inanimate and motionless.
10:54:56 PM <DM_Tol> * * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close * *

campaigns/the_forth/session_23_-_1-28-2018_-_pillars.txt · Last modified: 2018/01/29 15:26 by ryubasteon