Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/d/d87d22c331bbdc89f36c04047b296f3f.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_1_-_6-5-2017_-_beginnings
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/d/d87d22c331bbdc89f36c04047b296f3f.xhtml failed

[20:17] <@Tolman> * Welcome to the starter session of “Heroes of Azod” and adventure in southern Können *
[20:18] <@Tolman> Each of you are commoners, poor or working class nobodies doing the daily grind of survival in your town of Azod.
[20:18] * Tolman is now known as <DM_Tol
[20:19] <DM_Tol> About Azod:
[20:19] <@Ryu> (I remember Mage running a game for a bunch of commoners.. didn't work about too well for us XD)
[20:19] <DM_Tol> Azod is a town near the coast of the sea to the west, in the southern edges of the region known as Können.
[20:19] <@Magestar> (True, but the concept never got to where I wanted it either.)
[20:20] <DM_Tol> Azod is spearated by rolling sand dunes, and its primary function is that the southern road from Können to the travelled lands to the south runs alongside your town.
[20:20] <xander_> (btw was I more than 10 late? Is 6pst 8cst?)
[20:21] <DM_Tol> Azod has a couple thousand in population, mostly human but with a mix of other commonly known races (20%)
[20:21] <DM_Tol> (you were 10 minutes late only, yes)
[20:22] <DM_Tol> The town is typical, homes in the surrounding agrarian region, in town is a smith and a tavern and a mill and a market, what you would expect to find.
[20:23] <DM_Tol> Your task now is to begin your character creation. Your stats are 10 10 10 10 10 10 8, as you assign. Choose your race.
[20:24] <DM_Tol> Choose from the following backgrounds, and choose your starting equipment as is determined by your background.
[20:24] <Harlistuffed> (should we tell you?)
[20:25] <+Shaddow> (so choose the race but not the class?)
[20:26] <DM_Tol> Rather, you can be any background except: (need to research): acolyte, folk hereo, hermit, noble, outlander, sage
[20:27] <@Magestar> (This is going to take some thought)
[20:27] <DM_Tol> Choose race and physical characteristics, and background, then starting equip. And create the sketch of your backstory.
[20:28] <+Shaddow> (can i be a tiefling? n what's an acolyte?)
[20:28] <DM_Tol> Any PHB race, yes… and this really ony works with good characters
[20:29] <DM_Tol> feel free to ask any other ?’s
[20:29] <DM_Tol> I’m expecting you to take a good 15 minutes before we continue
[20:29] <+Shaddow> (what's an acolyte?)
[20:29] <@Ryu> (you're making me think.. its my day off… I don't think today.. v.v)
[20:30] <DM_Tol> acolyte is a background in the phb
[20:30] <+Shaddow> ok)
[20:31] <DM_Tol> you only have the equipment as described in your chosen background
[20:31] <DM_Tol> and then come up with your backstory… the more mundane, the better.
[20:31] <DM_Tol> You work as a barkeep at the tavern. Your parents are alive and well. Your mom’s a seamstress. your dad’s a drunk who doesn’t work.
[20:32] <xander_> (I had a story in mind, it's pretty mundane)
[20:32] <DM_Tol> you have no general backstory motivation for hero-ness, for example
[20:32] * marr (AndChat6317@sorcery-7hblmm.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:33] <DM_Tol> (welcome home, marr)
[20:34] <+Shaddow> (not sure the story forming in my head will work :/)
[20:34] <marr> (switching to pc)
[20:34] <DM_Tol> think: typical, small town, mundane, nonextraordinary
[20:35] * Atreyu (Xander@sorcery-7hblmm.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:35] * marr (AndChat6317@sorcery-7hblmm.ca.charter.com) Quit (Quit: Bye)
[20:36] <Atreyu> (lemme find that link)
[20:36] * xander_ (AndChat6317@sorcery-f5step.sjf5.04ac.fb90.2607.IP) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[20:36] <Atreyu> (home, was in garage for a sec)
[20:39] <@Ryu> 1d8
[20:39] <TolBot> [Ryu's 1d8(8)]: 8
[20:39] <@Ryu> (had to roll as part of my background)
[20:39] <Atreyu> (what was the beginners guide link again?)
[20:40] <DM_Tol> http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/players-basic-rules
[20:41] <DM_Tol> choose a job / apprenticeship / way of livelihood as part of your background and back story… be it a beggar, a criminal or a leatherworker apprentice.
[20:42] <@Ryu> 1d8
[20:42] <TolBot> [Ryu's 1d8(4)]: 4
[20:42] <@Ryu> 1d6
[20:42] <TolBot> [Ryu's 1d6(3)]: 3
[20:42] <DM_Tol> If those are traits, you can choose them… don’t ahve to roll
[20:42] <@Ryu> 1d6
[20:42] <TolBot> [Ryu's 1d6(2)]: 2
[20:42] <@Ryu> actually, what I rolled is pretty good
[20:43] <@Ryu> do we need to pick a flaw too?
[20:43] <DM_Tol> no
[20:43] <@Magestar> 1d8
[20:43] <TolBot> [Magestar's 1d8(8)]: 8
[20:43] <DM_Tol> you don’t have to pick any of the traits/ideals/bonds/flaws… just to whatever extent it helps you come up with your character sketch and skeleton of a back story
[20:44] <Atreyu> 2d10
[20:44] <TolBot> [Atreyu's 2d10(6)]: 6
[20:44] <Atreyu> 2d4
[20:44] <TolBot> [Atreyu's 2d4(2)]: 2
[20:45] <DM_Tol> lemme know questions you have ne1
[20:48] <Atreyu> (I have to chose a character background from this list?)
[20:50] <+Shaddow> 1d100
[20:50] <TolBot> [Shaddow's 1d100(26)]: 26
[20:50] <Harlistuffed> (Want to approve teh sheet?)
[20:50] <+Shaddow> 1d100
[20:50] <TolBot> [Shaddow's 1d100(20)]: 20
[20:51] <DM_Tol> you can make whatever commoner background you want, marr
[20:51] <+Shaddow> 1d100
[20:51] <TolBot> [Shaddow's 1d100(63)]: 63
[20:51] <+Shaddow> 1d100
[20:51] <TolBot> [Shaddow's 1d100(41)]: 41
[20:51] <DM_Tol> the “Background” in the game system are categories meant to undergird whatever back story you want
[20:51] <DM_Tol> Harl, no need for sheet yet
[20:53] <DM_Tol> Remember, that your class and abilities are gonna be randomly assigned… so picking a specialized race may put you in a “playing against type” situation. Not a big deal. just a reminder.
[20:55] <@Magestar> Ok, I think I've got my background figured out in my head.
[20:56] <Atreyu> Ok, i wrote my background down, and the stats
[20:56] <DM_Tol> great
[20:56] <+Shaddow> we messing this to you tol?
[20:56] <DM_Tol> It would help if you wrote a couple sentences on your sheet / notes for your basic back story
[20:56] <DM_Tol> not yet
[20:59] <Atreyu> i wrote it, the character is uhmm not particularly original lol
[20:59] <DM_Tol> lol
[20:59] <DM_Tol> lemme know when ready… Atreyu, Mage, who else needs time before we resume the game with your characters?
[21:00] <DM_Tol> please remember to note on your sheet your equipment as per background
[21:00] * +Shaddow goes back to pick an instrament
[21:01] <Harlistuffed> I'm ready
[21:04] <Atreyu> i'm looking for equipment
[21:06] <+Shaddow> no extra's outside of what the class gives right?
[21:06] <+Shaddow> er i mean race
[21:07] <DM_Tol> what extra’s do you mean?
[21:07] <DM_Tol> extra equipment? no. just equipment as per race and background
[21:07] <+Shaddow> ok
[21:07] <@Magestar> I'm ready
[21:07] <+Shaddow> guess i'm ready then
[21:07] <DM_Tol> ready atreyu?
[21:08] <Atreyu> yah
[21:08] <DM_Tol> * Game Resume *
[21:09] <DM_Tol> Today is a typical day for you in Azod.
[21:10] * Atreyu kicks dirt
[21:10] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[21:10] * Harlistuffed is now known as Khophus
[21:10] <DM_Tol> In general, life has been hard… earning a living. The local economy has been less than vibrant
[21:10] * Shaddow is now known as Miri
[21:10] * Atreyu is now known as Dylan
[21:10] * Ryu is now known as Theriand
[21:11] <DM_Tol> Otherwise, things have been mundane.
[21:11] <Miri> (what time of day is it?)
[21:12] <DM_Tol> (hold on that ?)
[21:12] <DM_Tol> * pause *
[21:12] <DM_Tol> so, now, what you need to do, is think up a scenario from today
[21:12] <Dylan> what kinda scenario?
[21:13] <Miri> i just need to know what time of day it is so i know where my character would be
[21:13] <Khophus> like what we normally do today?
[21:13] <DM_Tol> Someone is going to randomly catch a glimpse of you doing something today in the course of a normal daily activity for you, that proves your worth/goodness/kindness/noble spirit
[21:13] <Khophus> (“No, constable – let's only beat him to unconsciousness.”)
[21:14] <Dylan> (ok done)
[21:14] <DM_Tol> so, spend a minute thinking up what that thing someone might see you do. think like (something that moves you a step closer to I-can-lift-thors-hammer worthy type idea)
[21:15] <Theriand> (ok)
[21:15] <DM_Tol> Ok, Dylan you can go first, post first your couple sentence back story you wrote, then give the brief narration of what you did today
[21:15] <Khophus> (got it)
[21:15] <Dylan> Ok
[21:15] <DM_Tol> (lol, Khophus)
[21:16] * Dylan grew up a farmer to a widower farmer. Life was hard on the farm, but he grew up honest. Unfortunately, his father unexpectedly got sick and died. He doesn't want to be a farmer anymore.
[21:16] * Dylan was spotted when he saved an old woman from a runaway turnip cart
[21:16] <DM_Tol> (perfect… )
[21:17] <DM_Tol> Old_Woman: “Aww…. !!!“
[21:17] <DM_Tol> The old woman gathers her senses.
[21:17] <Dylan> “Are you ok?” Dylan asked
[21:17] <DM_Tol> A man looks at you, “You’n jus a saved her life.”
[21:18] * Dylan rubbs his head self conciously
[21:18] <DM_Tol> The Old Woman stands and comes over to you, and throws her arms around your neck.
[21:18] <Dylan> “I just pulled her out of the way, anyone would have done that in my place”
[21:18] * Dylan seems slightly embarrased
[21:18] <DM_Tol> She recites an ancient blessing.
[21:19] <DM_Tol> She gathers herself and begins to walk off.
[21:19] <Dylan> “Good luck!”
[21:19] * Dylan calls
[21:19] <DM_Tol> As the owners of the cart gather it together, they begin to wheel it away.
[21:19] <DM_Tol> As the cart moves out of the way, you see a slender figure across the lane staring at you.
[21:20] * Dylan blinks and nods to the slender figure and continues on his way
[21:21] <DM_Tol> As you blink, with a glimmer the figure is gone.
[21:21] <DM_Tol> * end scene *
[21:21] <DM_Tol> perfect… ok, whose next?
[21:22] * Khophus Khophus was left at the village, and grew up under the watchful eye of the local constabulary. Under them, he gained a sense of values and purpose: protect the village he calls home.
[21:22] <Miri> (i'm ready after khophus)
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (ok… and today, Khophus?)
[21:23] * Khophus walks through the market, watching the people hustle by. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees a small child take an apple.
[21:23] <Khophus> “Young man! Young sir!”
[21:23] <DM_Tol> The child scampers off.
[21:24] * Khophus reaches into his pouch and slips a couple of silver into his palm.
[21:24] <Khophus> “You dropped this silver!”
[21:24] * Khophus takes off after him.
[21:24] <DM_Tol> The child squeals as you call out and trips.
[21:24] <DM_Tol> The shop keep goes chasing.
[21:24] <DM_Tol> The child swivels on his bottom, shaking, staring at you.
[21:24] * Khophus slows down to pick up the child, dusting him off and puts his hand up to halt the grocer.
[21:25] <Khophus> “You dropped these coins for the grocer, didn't you?”
[21:25] <DM_Tol> The shopkeep runs at you and the child, brandishing a stick.
[21:25] <DM_Tol> The shopkeep stops short of swinging, as he hears your words.
[21:26] * Khophus draws himself up to his full height.
[21:26] <DM_Tol> The child looks up at you as a tear falls from his eyes.
[21:26] <Khophus> “Problem, grocer?”
[21:26] <DM_Tol> The shopkeep reaches out for the coin, “I… I was just making sur ehe paid. no.“
[21:27] <Khophus> “Good. Be careful with your money, young sir. There are…unscruplous sorts out there.”
[21:27] * Khophus glares at the grocer.
[21:27] <DM_Tol> As the shopkeep returns to his booth, the child nods and grabs the apple and runs off.
[21:27] <DM_Tol> Khophus you notice a slender figure skulking around a corner, watching the commotion.
[21:28] * Khophus watches the grocer, spies the figure out of hte corner of his eye and moves in her direction casually.
[21:29] <DM_Tol> You see a shimmer, but as you reach the corner, the figure is gone.
[21:29] * Khophus frowns and makes a note of it.
[21:29] <DM_Tol> * end scene… Go, Miri (and it can be any time of day you want) *
[21:30] <Miri> Miri grew up being told she wasn't good for much. She was too short and too narrow to be a good child bearer, her hair wasn't shiny enough, etc. So, she was pressed into service as a barmaid, learning early how to side-step unwanted advances. She grew up trying to be as unseen as possible, then this evening two of the town elders came into the bar and began arguing. The bouncer was gone,
[21:30] <Miri> and so was the bartender. Not sure what else to do, she stepped on stage and began to sing. Her voice that of an angel soothed each man and they began working out theif differences in a civil manner.
[21:31] <DM_Tol> The two men stop their bickering, and tilt their heads at you curiously.
[21:32] <DM_Tol> (wait, is the singing is your “today’s incident”? or is that jsut Entertainer back story?)
[21:32] <Miri> (which ever you need it to be, as i wasn't sure)
[21:33] <Miri> (but i was intending for today)
[21:33] <DM_Tol> (that’s cool)
[21:33] * Miri finishes her song and bows. Blushing deeply she runs off the stage to get back to work.
[21:34] <DM_Tol> The men manage a smile as the inn owner hands you a gold (part of your already recorded money) and asks you to get back up there and sing again.
[21:35] * Miri looks at the gold in her hand, and then to the owner, she nods and heads back up on stage to start singing once more.
[21:35] <DM_Tol> While back on stage, you notice a striking character, with a glowing aura sitting in the back, disguised under a droopy hat and cloak.
[21:35] <DM_Tol> * end scene *
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (Ash?)
[21:36] <Ash> (Sure)
[21:36] * Ash has lived in the allies and dark corners of Azod for several years, orphaned and burned after an angry mob burned down his home.
[21:36] <Ash> On this day, while sleeping in an alley, a bag of coins landed on his feet, thrown there by a noble's servant being mugged by 2 men.
[21:36] <DM_Tol> The servant slams his head on the street behind the building as he’s tossed to the ground.
[21:37] * Ash looks up groggily and fumbles for his discarded kitchen knife.
[21:37] <Ash> “HEY!”
[21:37] * Ash waves the knife around, trying to scare off the muggers.
[21:37] <DM_Tol> One of the muggers calls out, “How he ain’t got no money. You was wrong bout him”
[21:37] <DM_Tol> Other mugger, “Well, let’s just a beat it out of him.”
[21:38] <DM_Tol> The muggers hear you call out, and scamper off, wanting to avoid attention.
[21:38] <DM_Tol> The noble’s servant opens his eyes, trying to sit up.
[21:38] * Ash puts the knife away.
[21:39] <Ash> “You'll be fine now. You're money is here, when you've regained your senses.
[21:39] * Ash starts to slink away, before somebody of authority shows up.
[21:40] <Khophus> (Not me, I'm too busy scaring grocers)
[21:41] <DM_Tol> Ash as you back away and turn the corner, you run into a figure you didn’t see, running smack into her and falling to the ground.
[21:41] <DM_Tol> A tall and slender, ashen skin humanoid of a likeness you do not recognize grants a slight smile.
[21:41] <DM_Tol> The servant calls out to you, “wait”
[21:42] * Ash scurries back and goes a different direction.
[21:42] <DM_Tol> The servant calls out, “Th… thank you”
[21:43] <DM_Tol> * end scene *
[21:43] <DM_Tol> (Theriand… you’re up)
[21:43] <Theriand> Theriand employed by the local constable unit as a scout in the village of Azod. He stands at roughly 6' in his half-elven stature. Today during the course of his daily activities found a lost child on the outskirts of Azod and returned them home.
[21:43] <DM_Tol> The child, after some coaxing, takes your hand.
[21:44] <DM_Tol> As you lead her into town, you ask others who help you direct to the child’s home.
[21:45] <DM_Tol> As you know at the door, a teenage girl opens, “Who are you?”
[21:45] <Theriand> Theriand I'm with the local constables, found this one on the outskirts of town, Miss.”
[21:46] <DM_Tol> The young lady grabs the child by the arm… “You get yourself in here.”
[21:46] <DM_Tol> Young lady: “It’s her momma. My sister. She’s worthless.
[21:47] <DM_Tol> She starts to close the door, and then stops. She looks at you, “Thanks.”
[21:47] <Theriand> “Sorry to hear that, I'll be on my way now, unless you'd like for me to have words with your sister.”
[21:47] <DM_Tol> She smiles politely and closes the door.
[21:47] * Theriand he grins, and walks away, resuming his duties.
[21:47] <DM_Tol> As you turn to leave, you see a suspicious character down the lane, leaning against a wall, almost shimmering, staring at you.
[21:48] * Theriand makes a beeline for the character, “Need some assistance?”
[21:49] <DM_Tol> As you quickly get near, the character nods and steps around a corner.
[21:49] <DM_Tol> As you reach the corner, it is gone.
[21:49] <Khophus> (brb)
[21:49] <Theriand> “Well, thats a new one… I need to learn how to vanish like that…would be handy.”
[21:49] <DM_Tol> * end scene *
[21:50] <DM_Tol> * Game resume *
[21:51] <DM_Tol> A day or two (your choice) passes and you start a new day with your regular routine.
[21:51] <Khophus> (This time, I trip the kid and accuse him of assaulting a constable of the law)
[21:51] * Khophus makes his paces through the marketplace.
[21:52] <DM_Tol> Suddenly, you see before, wherever you are, a tiny light floating in front of you.
[21:52] <DM_Tol> (this is for each of you wherever you are)
[21:52] <Theriand> (Quick! Put the light out! You're going to get us caught!)
[21:53] <Khophus> “Umm…the mages' academy is down the road.”
[21:53] * Theriand eyes the light, before trying to poke it
[21:53] * Ash bats at the light as if it was a firefly.
[21:53] * Miri blinks as she stops mid-glass clean to reach towards the light.
[21:54] * Khophus reaches to push it aside.
[21:54] <DM_Tol> As you inspect the light, you can see it is a tiny pixie-like creature, waving you to follow.
[21:55] <DM_Tol> It flies a little distance from you.
[21:55] <Theriand> “Well hello there, what can I do for you little one?”
[21:55] <Khophus> “Is there something wrong?”
[21:55] * Khophus starts to follow
[21:55] * Miri looks taken aback. “Taking my break” She follows the pixie-like creature. “this is such a bad idea” she mutters to herself.
[21:55] * Theriand follows as well, as he tries talking to it
[21:56] <DM_Tol> The silent pixie moves a bit, beckons you to follow, and moves a bit more.
[21:56] <Ash> “Why are you bothering me fly-lady? I don't have anything for you.
[21:56] * Khophus follows, taking out the signal whistle.
[21:56] * Dylan follows it mesmerized
[21:57] <DM_Tol> Through the town, the pixie leads you down the lane and to the outskirts of town. It moves out into the field.
[21:57] * Khophus looks back to the village.
[21:57] <DM_Tol> To your right, you can see the beginnings of the sand dunes the stand between the town and the sea.
[21:57] <Khophus> “This had better not take too long.”
[21:58] <DM_Tol> The pixie beckons you to continue to follow over hill, across the plain, for 15 minut away from town.
[21:58] <Ash> “Why am I even following this thing?”
[21:59] * Ash ponders to himself.
[21:59] * Miri stops “i really need to get back. i don't need to be fired.” she tries speaking to the pixie.
[21:59] <DM_Tol> It looks back at you, Ash seeming to know your hesitation, and looks with empahty, urging you to follow.
[21:59] * Khophus picks up the pace.
[21:59] <Ash> (The Piped Piper lures all the hero types from the city so the demons can invade in peace.)
[21:59] <DM_Tol> (hehe)
[22:00] <Theriand> “Well, I've been meaning to scout out this way anyways… Lead on little friend.”
[22:00] <DM_Tol> As you peak a hill, you start to notice another person walking through the field, moving much like you are.
[22:01] * Theriand sets his hand on the hilt of his very well worn blade.
[22:02] <DM_Tol> you follow and as you move to the back side of a hill, you see a glowing dome ahead.
[22:03] <DM_Tol> You see another figure standing staring at the dome.
[22:03] * Khophus slows to a stop at the sight of the dome.
[22:03] <Theriand> (ALIENS!)
[22:03] <Ash> “Oh now I get it. I've died, and you're bringing me to some celestial temple along with some other fresh corpses.”
[22:03] <DM_Tol> Each of you arrive at the domes perimeter in time. For each of you your pixie flies into the dome ahead of you.
[22:03] <Ash> “Except I don't remember dying.”
[22:03] <DM_Tol> You all look at each other, five of you standing around the dome.
[22:03] <Khophus> “Do you know about this?”
[22:04] * Miri mutters to herself as she is led on. She looks about perlexed, and keeps quiet for now.
[22:04] <Theriand> “No clue, but its time to go into the fray once more,” he reaches out to touch the dome after his little pixie friend.
[22:04] * Dylan seems confused
[22:05] * Khophus shrugs his shoulders and follows the pixie and the ranger in.
[22:05] <Dylan> “Fray?”
[22:05] * Ash looks at the others, suspicious.
[22:06] <Dylan> “I don't know what's tattered, but this is weird..”
[22:06] * Dylan follows curiously
[22:06] <DM_Tol> Theriand your hand goes into the dome, tingly, and unseen
[22:06] <DM_Tol> Khophus disappears into the Dome, as does Dylan.
[22:06] <Theriand> “Tingly~” he steps through to the great beyond with thoughts of coming back as royalty so he can be lazy every day.
[22:06] <Ash> “Well you've put your hand in it, and it's still attached, so finish the job.”
[22:07] * Miri mutters “well if i'm gonna be fired i might as well..” she steps into the dom.”
[22:07] <Miri> (-“)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> As you each move in, inside the dome, it seems quite larger on the inside… the surrounding walls are a mix of night stars and glowing florals from a distance.
[22:07] <Khophus> “All right…“
[22:08] * Khophus looks around.
[22:08] <Khophus> ”… this is new.”
[22:08] <Miri> (brb)
[22:08] <DM_Tol> There is a wooden box, and atop the box sits with legs crossed, is a slender female, with ashen skin, of a race unknown to you…
[22:08] <Theriand> “Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume those pixies belong to you.”
[22:08] <DM_Tol> And aura of gold and silver shimmers from time to time around her. Her eyes are closed.
[22:08] <Ash> “Pfft and the villagers accused my family of witchcraft…this is rich.”
[22:09] * Khophus puts on his “Friendly, but Assertive” face.
[22:09] <Khophus> “Goodlady – is there a reason why this dome is here?”
[22:09] <DM_Tol> As you take in the scene, the tingles along your skin from entering the force of the dome begins to fade.
[22:10] * Dylan just looks speachless and dumbfounded.. possibly just dumb
[22:10] <DM_Tol> The humanoid opens her eyes, and looks at you, each in turn, slowly and intentionally.
[22:10] <DM_Tol> She speaks in a deep voice the nearly seems to echo.
[22:11] <Miri> (back)
[22:11] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I am Neoma Zyr Bolithyl. And I thank you for coming.”
[22:11] <Theriand> (brb, bathroom)
[22:12] <Dylan> “Hello Neoma Zyr Bolithyl, it's nice to meet you”
[22:12] * Miri just curtsies as she's really unsure what else to do.
[22:12] <DM_Tol> “Five of you. Well, that will be enough. That will be as it should.”
[22:12] <Khophus> ”Khophus
[22:12] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods her head coureously.
[22:12] <DM_Tol> *courteously
[22:13] <DM_Tol> She stands. You feel pleasant in her presence.
[22:13] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I have asked you hear, to make a, a proposal, a request.”
[22:14] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I need heroes. Heroes of worth.”
[22:14] * Ash chuckles to himself.
[22:14] * Khophus bows.
[22:14] <Khophus> “I have…duties.”
[22:15] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I have spent days in Azod, searching for individuals of character. Who do not fear the light of caring.“
[22:15] <Miri> “I'm just a barmaid. I'm no hero. Not to mention for being gone this long i'm going to be so fired.”
[22:16] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “This region is in danger, of an evil it can not imagine.”
[22:16] * Dylan 's eyes widen
[22:16] <Theriand> “You and me both, but alas, i care not if I'm fired. The same old duties day in, and day out have become quiet tiresome. Where do I sign?”
[22:17] * Ash raises a skeptical eyebrow.
[22:17] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “An evil lord, not of this world, has descended on tis land. and she must be defeated.“
[22:17] <Khophus> “If evil comes here, then I must defend my home. What must I do?”
[22:17] <DM_Tol> Neoma paces.
[22:17] <Dylan> “I will defend the people here!”
[22:18] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “If you can, if you are willing, you must go… first, at least, to inspect.”
[22:18] <Dylan> “Though, I don't know how. The only thing I know about is dirt and crops and cows”
[22:18] <DM_Tol> Neoma turns to look at you once more.
[22:18] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I can help. I can call upon the graces… and you will be powerful.”
[22:19] <DM_Tol> She looks at Dylan “But it will change you.”
[22:19] * Ash raises a skeptical eyebrow again.
[22:19] <Khophus> (If I'm called “Sailor Brass” – I'm quitting this group.)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “With such power, comes burden and responsibility.”
[22:19] <Ash> “You expect a farmer, barmaid, two over-eager boys, and gutter trash to save the world from an evil lord?”
[22:19] <Miri> “If we do this and survive. What will we be coming home to? Tarnished reputations? Lives on the streets?”
[22:20] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “If you choose not to, it is no mark against you. Do not decide lightly.”
[22:20] * Theriand looks to ash, “I'm 52 years old thank you very much.”
[22:20] * Khophus looks down at Miri.
[22:20] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “YOu are worthy. This is why I have chosen you. But if you do, you will never return. Not as you are now.“
[22:21] <Theriand> “Sounds like fun to me, but the question is, do we get to keep the Pixies?”
[22:21] * Ash lets out a sigh.
[22:21] <Ash> “Over-eager boy.”
[22:21] * Khophus rolls his eyes
[22:21] * Dylan nods
[22:21] <Dylan> “I don't want to be a farmer my whole life, I'm willing to do what it takes to help people!”
[22:22] * Theriand laughs heartedly, “All joking aside, I don't know any of you, but here is some creature I know not, that wants my help. I'm helping.”
[22:22] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Does any among you wish to return, and forget of this cadre?”
[22:22] <Ash> “And you know not of what witchcraft she seeks to infuse you with? You trust her, because she has magic fairies?”
[22:23] <Miri> “well it's not like my reputation can get any more tarnished.”
[22:23] * Khophus pats Miri on the shoulder.
[22:23] <Khophus> “That's the spirit.”
[22:23] <DM_Tol> Neoma steps towards Ash.
[22:23] <Theriand> “Trust is not given lightly, but when somebody powerful asks for help, why not. Its not like I was getting anywhere scouting the village outskirts, day in and day out”
[22:24] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Your wit and good sense server you well, Ash I would welcome your aid, and eventually, your trust.”
[22:25] <DM_Tol> You feel an enormous sense of trust in her words. (think high persuasion)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “You have heard of the tainting of the animals. Of the disappearance of young maidens.”
[22:26] * Ash seems less skeptical.
[22:26] <Khophus> (have I?)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “The even that has come to this land must be stopped.
[22:26] <Ash> “I have not.”
[22:27] <DM_Tol> (Each of you are shocked at those words, becuase you HAVE each heard of someone impacted by a flock dying, or a child gone missing.)
[22:27] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “It will only increase. It will only get worse. Lest you answer the call.“
[22:28] <Dylan> “I did old man Morty down the road said that his flock of sheep just… up and died”
[22:28] <Khophus> “What must we do first?”
[22:29] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I will give you the task. If you choose, and not lightly. If so, we will begin the ceremony that will empower you and aid.”
[22:30] <Khophus> “I choose for the defense of the village.”
[22:30] <DM_Tol> She nods at Khophus and looks around.
[22:30] <Miri> “I choose in memory of my sister”
[22:30] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods at Miri.
[22:31] <Theriand> “I choose. . . because it needs to be done.”
[22:31] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods at Theriand.
[22:32] <Ash> “I'll wait and see what happens to them.”
[22:33] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Then is best you go your way. I could not possibly summon the ritual of empowerment for several days. You need not fear leaving.”
[22:33] <Dylan> “I choose because it's the right thing to do”
[22:33] * <DM_Tol nods at you, Ash acknowledging permision to leave.
[22:33] <DM_Tol> She nods at you, Dylan.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> Neoma turns towards the wooden block, and now you see on it what you saw not before, a small casket.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> As she moves around the block, the glimmer of her aura sparkles.
[22:34] * Ash does not leave, but watches out of curiousity.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> She faces you and opens the casket… a nearly blinding light eminates.
[22:35] <Theriand> (Kill her! She opened Pandora's box!)
[22:35] <Miri> (who is closest to me?)
[22:35] <DM_Tol> “Now that you have chosen… this ritual will grant you powers. Abilities. It will put you on the path of a hero.“
[22:35] <DM_Tol> (dunno… you can make up)
[22:36] <DM_Tol> “I can summon the empowerment with the ritual, but I can not direct it. The powers will choose you.”
[22:36] * Miri reaches out and grabs Ash's and Khophus's hands, a bit scared.
[22:36] <Khophus> (from within the glow, there is a clatter…'all right, a seven…')
[22:36] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Step forward, and place your hand on the crystal.”
[22:36] * Dylan follows instructions
[22:37] * Khophus steps forward and puts his hand on the crystal
[22:37] <Ash> “Hey, you're being a bit clingy.”
[22:37] <DM_Tol> Dylan as yo approach, you can see through the light that the source is a large glowing crystal.
[22:37] * Theriand follows along
[22:38] * Miri lets go of the hands “i'm scared alright?” she sticks her tongue out at ash and then steps forward to place her hand on the crystal as well.
[22:38] <DM_Tol> As you touch the crystal, your touch feels determinate. It feels in statis. Almost as if fixed in place.
[22:38] * Khophus smiles at Miri.
[22:38] * Theriand touches it as well
[22:38] <DM_Tol> Neoma has lit incense and began movments.
[22:39] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods at you all, “It is time… we begin now or you must leave.“
[22:39] <Ash> “Well I guess this is better than living in the streets.”
[22:39] * Ash touches the crystal hesitantly.
[22:39] <DM_Tol> Neoma starts some incantations in a language unknown to you.
[22:40] <Ash> (Klatu Verata Necktie… Nectar… Necktu… there I said the words)
[22:40] <DM_Tol> As you all stay fixed on the crystal, time is lost to you. You think of tastes you desire, and the feel of a pebble in your boot, and then the sound of a harpstring, and you feast on thick air and then you open your eyes.
[22:41] <DM_Tol> You find yourself kneeling before the wooden block. Neoma sits atop it motionless. You feel like mere seconds have passed, but then decide it has been hours.
[22:42] * Khophus blinks.
[22:42] <DM_Tol> Neoma opens her eyes.
[22:42] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Good. Each of you were deemed worthy, that much is clear.”
[22:43] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “It is best you return home and sleep for the night. Meditate on your new abilities, discern what they are.”
[22:44] * Khophus stands up and looks at the others.
[22:44] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “In the morning… take the insignia that is in your hand. Place it on what object you feel drawn to aid in your powers. Place it on the item, even if it belong to another or in a shop… it shall choose you then.”
[22:44] <Khophus> “Who needs an escort for home?
[22:44] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “And then come to me, and we will begin.”
[22:45] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Choose your object well, be it an item of usefullness, or of defense or offense. It is a gift.“
[22:46] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “And, take a pouch with you, for what you need for journey.”
[22:46] <DM_Tol> She motions to the edge of the dome and you see 5 small leather pouches on the ground.
[22:47] * Theriand picks up a pouch and looks it over
[22:47] * Khophus picks up a pouch and hangs it on his belt.
[22:47] * Ash takes the last pouch and peeks inside of it.
[22:47] * Miri picks up a pouch and tucks it away. “Time to go sing for my supper i suppose. Assuming i'm not fired.”
[22:47] * Dylan picks up a pouch and nods
[22:48] <Khophus> “I'll go with you, Miri Maybe I can make your boss see reason.”
[22:48] <DM_Tol> Each pount contains 25 gp. As you exit the dome, you feel tingly. You all 5 stand in the field. The town 20 minutes away.
[22:49] <Khophus> “well…this has been a day.”
[22:49] <DM_Tol> As you walk, you feel new, and strange. It is late in the afternoon as the sun is low. Through the evening, you begin to sense just what is your newness.
[22:49] <Dylan> “Well, I hope this isn't just a dream”
[22:49] <DM_Tol> * Game pause *
[22:49] * Theriand heads back to town as well
[22:49] <DM_Tol> Ok…. time to roll for classes !!!
[22:50] <Dylan> this is a really good way to end up with a part of 6 rogues or something
[22:50] <Miri> lol
[22:50] <Miri> i'm assuming we'll have to re-roll if that happens
[22:50] <DM_Tol> 1 Barbarian, 2 Bard, 3 Cleric, 4 Druid, 5 Fighter, 6 Monk, 7 Paladin, 8 Ranger, 9 Rogue, 10 Sorcerer, 11 Warlock, 12 Wizard
[22:50] <DM_Tol> Ash
[22:50] <Ash> 1d12
[22:50] <TolBot> Ash's 1d12(3)]: 3
[22:51] <Dylan> yay we have healing
[22:51] <DM_Tol> Ash you feel clerical powers overcome you.
[22:51] <Ash> (You all are screwed.)
[22:51] <DM_Tol> Theriand
[22:51] <Khophus> (Yaah! Someone else is the healbag!)
[22:51] <Theriand> 1d12
[22:51] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d12(3)]: 3
[22:51] <Theriand> (ROFL! Did I call it!)
[22:51] <Dylan> lol
[22:51] <Ash> (LOL)
[22:51] <DM_Tol> (roll again)
[22:51] <Theriand> 1d12
[22:51] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d12(3)]: 3
[22:51] <Theriand> …
[22:51] <DM_Tol> (rotfl)
[22:51] <Ash> (It's destiny)
[22:51] <Miri> (called the re-roll also lol)
[22:51] <Dylan> lol
[22:51] <DM_Tol> (again)
[22:51] <Theriand> 1d12
[22:51] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d12(10)]: 10
[22:51] <Theriand> (bah…
[22:52] <DM_Tol> Theriand you feel sorceror powers overwhelm your being (it’ll be good for you)
[22:52] <DM_Tol> Miri
[22:52] <Miri> 1d12
[22:52] <TolBot> Miri's 1d12(1)]: 1
[22:52] <Miri> (can't we just say i rolled a2? :P)
[22:52] <DM_Tol> Miri your arms have such strenght you hadn’t know, as you feel barbaric.
[22:53] <Dylan> (bardbarian)
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Dylan
[22:53] <Dylan> 1d12
[22:53] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d12(7)]: 7
[22:53] <Ash> (You can sing battle hymns as you crush your foes.)
[22:53] <Dylan> (sweet!)
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Dylan the powers of honor overcome you, young Paladin
[22:53] <Miri> (two healers woot)
[22:54] <DM_Tol> Khophus
[22:54] <Khophus> 1d12
[22:54] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d12(5)]: 5
[22:54] <Dylan> (this is good, i don't know if you noticed this, but Dylan is dumber than a rock)
[22:54] <DM_Tol> (roll again)
[22:54] <DM_Tol> (wait, )
[22:54] <Ash> (Well that means I know where your dump stat went)
[22:54] <Khophus> (me?)
[22:54] <Miri> (khophus is the first fighter)
[22:55] <Dylan> (fighter, paladin, sorcerer, cleric)
[22:55] <DM_Tol> Khophus your abilies as a martial expert emerge, Fighter.
[22:55] <Dylan> (barbarian)
[22:55] <DM_Tol> Finish out your characters.
[22:55] <Khophus> (I was secretly hoping for monk…)
[22:55] <DM_Tol> Use the stat block: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
[22:55] <Miri> (soon as i can, multi-classing in to bard, just saying :P)
[22:56] <DM_Tol> (Miri… that’s not gonna work for this campaign… I asked if y’al were ok with this)
[22:56] <Miri> (level 1?)
[22:56] <Miri> (dude tol, the :P made it a joke)
[22:56] <DM_Tol> (it would really help to save the “i wanna play a “ for another game)
[22:56] <DM_Tol> (cool)
[22:57] <Dylan> (i got exactly what i wanted actually, fighter or paladin)
[22:57] <Khophus> (same here)
[22:57] <DM_Tol> buy your starting equipment with the 25gp plus what you already had, then, think about what object in the morn you want to feel calling you that will become magical and attune to you
[22:57] <DM_Tol> I gotta run to pick up a kid
[22:57] <Miri> (miri is the shyest one of the group, going to be fun turning her into a bad ass)
[22:57] <DM_Tol> cool
[22:57] * Dylan goes to the blacksmith and chooses the biggest sword available
[22:58] <DM_Tol> * and this ends the starting session of Heroes of Azod * s

campaigns/the_forth/session_1_-_6-5-2017_-_beginnings.txt · Last modified: 2017/06/06 04:19 (external edit)