Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/c/cfd58947fff77b7096179d546f5bf64c.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_19_-_12-17-2017_-_years_end
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/c/cfd58947fff77b7096179d546f5bf64c.xhtml failed

[20:06] <DM_Tol> * Game recap *
[20:06] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[20:07] <DM_Tol> The group made it to the next level of the tunnels below the castle grounds in their search for the planar obelisk that is allowing the Demon Lord to rule in this world.
[20:07] <DM_Tol> This level had a larger, roughly hewn cavern, occupied by rocky formations, three of which attacked the gropu earlier on, and one larger one that blocks their progress.
[20:08] <DM_Tol> Embattled and wounded, they retreat from the snare of its tentacles.
[20:08] <DM_Tol> * As this 19th session of Heroes of Azod begins *
[20:09] * May is now known as Kayalia
[20:10] * Shaddow is now known as Miri
[20:10] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Kayalia 13, Miri 12, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Ash 1
[20:10] <DM_Tol> * New round *
[20:11] <DM_Tol> * Round 5 *
[20:11] <Terres> (so who had the foresight to buy some health potions?)
[20:12] <Miri> (no one sadly)
[20:13] * Kayalia sets a bolt in her hand crossbow, after having stowed her war fan . Taking aim at the inexplicably tentacled rock monster, she finds an opening while it is distracted by Miri's assault.
[20:13] <Kayalia> 1d20+5 Crossbow w/sneak attack.
[20:13] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(16)+5 'Crossbow w/sneak attack.']: 21
[20:14] <Atreyu_> (how is everyone doing in terms of health?)
[20:14] <Miri> (i'm down 13)
[20:14] <Kayalia> (I believe I am full HP )
[20:14] <Atreyu_> (where is my character in all of this?)
[20:15] <Terres> (we were all about 30ish feet away just out of tentacle reach)
[20:15] <Miri> (save for me, i'm right next to it)
[20:16] <Kayalia> (You're doing God's work, Miri)
[20:16] <Kayalia> (xP)
[20:16] <Miri> (if you say so lol)
[20:16] <Kayalia> (You're giving me sneak dice!)
[20:16] <Miri> (true!)
[20:17] <Ash> (However you've killed all my healing spells)
[20:17] <Miri> ( that i have as well)
[20:17] <Kayalia> ( yeah… which is why its starting to go south :( )
[20:17] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[20:18] <DM_Tol> (sorry… family interacting
[20:18] <Miri> (hey, i've managed to bloody the thing!)
[20:18] <Kayalia> 3d6+3
[20:18] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(10)+3]: 13
[20:18] <Terres> (tell family to grab a sword or staff and help in the fight here… no freeloaders)
[20:20] * Dishpan_Harl is now known as Khophus
[20:20] <Khophus> (So – who's dead?)
[20:20] * Miri will attack with reckless attack with her lit sword.
[20:20] <Ash> (nobody…yet)
[20:20] <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
[20:20] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(8, 20)+4 'adv']: 24 (Nailed it!)
[20:21] <DM_Tol> (remind me why you have sneak attack?)
[20:21] <Miri> (i'm right next to the thing)
[20:21] <Kayalia> (because an enemy of my enemy is within 5' of it)
[20:21] <Kayalia> (the 'flavor' reason was explained in my IC post)
[20:21] <Miri> (double all the dice right?)
[20:21] <Kayalia> (no it adds 2d6)
[20:21] <DM_Tol> (and does a crossbow fit the weapon restriction?
[20:22] <DM_Tol> (ok, any ranged)
[20:22] <Kayalia> (I think so? ranged and finesse weapons I think.)
[20:22] <Miri> (for a crit it's double dice, yes?)
[20:22] <Terres> (finesse or ranged weapon according to tolbot)
[20:22] <Kayalia> (any weapon you can roll dex to attack with is sneak attack eligible)
[20:23] <Miri> 4d6+4 slashing
[20:23] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(11)+4 'slashing']: 15
[20:23] <Kayalia> (are crits double in 5e? in 3.5/pf they were doubled dive, like 1d8+3 became 2d8+3 for example)
[20:23] <Miri> 4d6 fire
[20:23] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(17) 'fire']: 17
[20:23] <DM_Tol> (1d8+1 become 2d8+1)
[20:23] <Kayalia> (whats the fire damage about?)
[20:24] <Miri> (i have a flaming great sword)
[20:24] <Miri> (though i will have to re-roll if the fire doesn't get doubled)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (I think it does)
[20:24] <Miri> (ok)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (your sword flame is 2d6?)
[20:24] <Miri> (flame is 2d6 normal, yes)
[20:24] <Kayalia> (does fire damage really get doubles? yikes…)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> Kayalia and Miri damage the large Rock Monster.
[20:25] <Kayalia> (thats like free permanent sneak attack ;.;)
[20:25] * Miri will stay where she's at.
[20:25] <Miri> (yeah, save sneak attack will go up as you level. )
[20:25] <Khophus> (and then get a level of barbarbian to make a raged sneak attack!)
[20:26] <DM_Tol> (what kind of crossbow Kayalia?)
[20:26] <Kayalia> (crossbow, light)
[20:26] <DM_Tol> (ok, you’re within 80ft range)
[20:26] <Terres> (do we have someone who is not on the init list?)
[20:27] <Ash> (Atreyu)
[20:27] * Atreyu_ is now known as Dylan
[20:27] <DM_Tol> (Roll init, Dylan)
[20:27] <Khophus> (I need to roll init)
[20:27] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[20:27] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(4)+2]: 6
[20:28] <Khophus> 1d20+1
[20:28] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(16)+1]: 17
[20:28] <Khophus> (Ooh! That's the only high score I'll have this game!)
[20:28] <DM_Tol> (Go Khophus)
[20:29] * Khophus rushes forward to slice at the rock monster.
[20:30] <Khophus> (wait – scale is 5 ft)
[20:30] <DM_Tol> (yes)
[20:30] <Khophus> “BEGONE FOUL THING!”
[20:31] <DM_Tol> Miri you are currently grappled by the thing)
[20:32] <Miri> (i thought i broke that on the last round…i'm sorry)
[20:32] <DM_Tol> (checking)
[20:34] <Miri> -rule grapple
[20:34] <DM_Tol> (no, you just used reckless attacks to counter the disadvantage. So, you are restrained, and your last attack failed)
[20:35] <Miri> (aaah ok…does grapple impose disadvantage?)
[20:35] <DM_Tol> -rule restr
[20:36] <DM_Tol> (what attack did you do, Khophus?)
[20:36] <Khophus> (Nothing, I've been moving up – going to attack the first round)
[20:36] <Khophus> (next round)
[20:36] <Miri> (if so, my attack this round would have missed, so erase that lovely lovely damage)
[20:36] <DM_Tol> (ok)
[20:36] <Miri> 1rule restr
[20:36] <DM_Tol> (yes, Miri I did)
[20:36] <Miri> -rule restr
[20:37] <Miri> (ok, sorry about that)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> (sorry I didn’t catch that earlier)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> (me too)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> Zephyra Terres)
[20:38] <DM_Tol> (So, the tentacle makes you restrained (Restrained : Speed reduced to 0. Disadvantage on attack rolls and Dexterity saving throws. Attackers have advantage) and it gives you Disadvantage on Strengh Rolls
[20:39] <Ash> (ouch)
[20:40] <DM_Tol> (Terres)
[20:40] * Terres launches another Elritch bolt at the creature
[20:40] <Terres> 1d20+5
[20:40] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(8)+5]: 13
[20:40] <DM_Tol> The bolt misses and the rock thing shrieks.
[20:41] * Terres mutters something
[20:41] <DM_Tol> It sends out three tentacles past Miri.
[20:42] <DM_Tol> 1d3
[20:42] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d3(1)]: 1
[20:42] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Terres
[20:42] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)+6 'vs Terres']: 14
[20:42] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Dylan
[20:42] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(11)+6 'vs Dylan']: 17
[20:42] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Khophus
[20:42] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+6 'vs Khophus']: 25
[20:43] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 adv biting down on Miri
[20:43] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15, 17)+7 'adv biting down on Miri ']: 24
[20:43] <Khophus> (dang…)
[20:43] <Terres> (ac is 14, so grappled i recon)
[20:43] <Khophus> (I'm def grappled)
[20:43] <Miri> (yeah, munch munch munch)
[20:44] <Khophus> (Heh – he has me right where I want him)
[20:44] <DM_Tol> Terres Dylan and Kophus all get restrained by the tentacles, which hold you tight.
[20:44] <Ash> Dylan is in the green zone… did he move up or does this thing have even more reach?)
[20:44] * Dylan is restrained
[20:44] <Kayalia> (kinky)
[20:45] <Dylan> (usually i demand dinner and a movie…)
[20:45] <Terres> (the tentacles get longer the more excited the thing is i assume)
[20:45] <Dylan> (phone)
[20:45] <DM_Tol> 4d8+4 piercing damage from the bite
[20:45] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 4d8(19)+4 'piercing damage from the bite']: 23
[20:46] * Miri is out
[20:46] <DM_Tol> The creature bites into Miri’s flesh and tosses her against the wall.
[20:46] <Kayalia> (x_X so strong)
[20:47] <Miri> (that mean i'm no longer restrained?)
[20:47] <DM_Tol> Dylan then Ash)
[20:47] * Khophus snarls at the treatment of Miri and smoke pours out from his nostrils and the corners of his mouth.
[20:47] <DM_Tol> Dylan since retrained, you can try to escape)
[20:48] <DM_Tol> (Athletics or Acrobatics check DC15)
[20:48] <DM_Tol> (Use Acrobatics with Dex if you can, cause STR checks are at disadvantage)
[20:49] <DM_Tol> Dylan go ash)
[20:50] <Terres> (dylans on the phone i think)
[20:50] * Ash calls forth another Sacred Flame (Dex save DC 12) against the creature, and also takes a step back.
[20:50] <DM_Tol> (i see that now)
[20:50] <DM_Tol> (range?)
[20:50] <Ash> (60'… I'm just in range after I take a step back)
[20:50] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 dex
[20:50] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(9)-1 'dex']: 8
[20:50] <Ash> 1d8
[20:50] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(5)]: 5
[20:51] <Ash> (radiant damage)
[20:51] <DM_Tol> Ash blasts the creature with radiant damage.
[20:51] <DM_Tol> *Round 6 *
[20:51] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Kayalia 13, Miri 12, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Dylan 6, Ash 1
[20:52] <DM_Tol> Khophus then Kayalia )
[20:53] <DM_Tol> (guys, plz pay attn and just go ahead and go when it’s your turn.)
[20:53] * Kayalia sizes up the monster, wondering if her attacks and those of her companions' have affected it significantly at all.
[20:53] * Khophus cranes his head down and blows a stream of flame on the tenacle
[20:54] <Khophus> (make a Dex save, DC 12)
[20:56] <Khophus> (Hello?)
[20:56] <DM_Tol> The creature looks damaged below have its beginning status.
[20:56] <Khophus> (ok)
[20:56] <DM_Tol> (DC15… no more baby rock monster since all are here)
[20:57] <DM_Tol> (the opening shriek was like that yell that bowser does and then grows)
[20:57] <Khophus> (ok – did the flame do that?)
[20:58] <Kayalia> (that grammar really confused me… but uhh, yeah… so it looks somewhat damaged, but not bloodied or anything?)
[20:58] <Miri> (the monster is less at less than half it's starting value)
[20:59] * Kayalia looks to see if there are any loose rocks/stalgtites on the ceiling of the cave above the monster…
[20:59] <Miri> (technically bloodied)
[20:59] <Miri> 1d20
[20:59] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(14)]: 14
[21:00] <DM_Tol> (the mob is below 50%)
[21:00] <DM_Tol> (no, you all being present kept me from babying you)
[21:01] <DM_Tol> You see no loose rocks.
[21:01] <DM_Tol> (bloodied is a 4e term only, isn’t it?)
[21:01] <Miri> (yes)
[21:01] <Miri> (also, khophus is waiting for you to make a DC12 dex save tol)
[21:02] <DM_Tol> (sorry… that text was so cryptic)
[21:02] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 dex save
[21:02] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)-1 'dex save']: 14
[21:02] * Kayalia bites her lower lip gently. She wonders to herself internally monoiloguing. This thing is going to start killing people. I don't know that we're harming it fast enough. Should we try to rescue our friends ahead or keep pressing on… oh well. She takes aim and shoots again.
[21:02] <Kayalia> 1d20+5
[21:02] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(5)+5]: 10
[21:03] <Dylan> (back, was my mom on the phone)
[21:03] * Khophus snarls again as the flames do nothing.
[21:03] <Miri> (and i already did my death saving throw so who iver is next)
[21:04] * Terres tries to get out of the tentacles grip
[21:04] <Terres> 1d20+1 acrobatics
[21:04] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(1)+1 'acrobatics']: 2 (Uh oh.)
[21:04] <DM_Tol> Dylan you are restrained. Roll to escape…. acrobatics DC15)
[21:05] <Dylan> 1d20
[21:05] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(17)]: 17
[21:05] <Dylan> (think i made it even without bonus)
[21:06] <DM_Tol> Dylan wiggles free (last round) (you can still move yourself from where you are as part of last round)
[21:07] <DM_Tol> Terres fails to escape as the creature continues to grapple.
[21:07] <DM_Tol> 1d2
[21:07] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(1)]: 1
[21:08] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 grapple Kayalia
[21:08] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+7 'grapple Kayalia']: 8 (Not good.)
[21:08] <DM_Tol> The arm that flings from Dylan swings at and misses Kayalia.
[21:08] <Kayalia> (it can reach me now??)
[21:08] <Terres> (yep)
[21:08] <DM_Tol> The other arms move its victims closer.
[21:09] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 vs Dylan
[21:09] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(3)+7 'vs Dylan']: 10
[21:10] <DM_Tol> (khophus, you’re currently grappled?)
[21:10] <Khophus> (Yes)
[21:10] <Khophus> (was going to try to break out on my attack)
[21:10] <Kayalia> ( Khophus isn't incapacitated right?)
[21:11] <Khophus> (nope)
[21:11] <Terres> (He is about to be)
[21:11] <Ash> (not yet)
[21:11] <DM_Tol> (but you didn’t, you blew a stream of flame)
[21:11] <Kayalia> (at least I can do sneak attack dice now?)
[21:11] <Khophus> (right – my next turn, I was going to try to break out)
[21:13] <Terres> (i tried to get away but it pulled me right back in)
[21:14] <DM_Tol> (was looking up if it can pull you in and bite in the same round. unfortunately, yes, it can)
[21:14] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 bite on Khophus
[21:14] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(7)+7 'bite on Khophus']: 14
[21:14] <DM_Tol> (ac is 19, khophus?)
[21:14] <Khophus> (nope – he chips a tooth and develops a lisp)
[21:15] <Khophus> (Yes – AC is 19)
[21:15] <DM_Tol> Dylan and Ash)
[21:16] * Dylan moves out of range of tentacles
[21:16] <Dylan> (full move)
[21:16] * Ash calls forth another Sacred Flame (Dex save DC 12) against the creature..
[21:16] <DM_Tol> (5ft scale. green is out of range)
[21:17] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 dc12
[21:17] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(17)-1 'dc12']: 16 (Success)
[21:17] <Ash> (boo)
[21:17] <DM_Tol> (So, Dylan you need to move 10ft, and can still do a range attack if you have)
[21:19] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 bite on Khophus (cause i forgot it has advantage on you)
[21:19] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(20)+7 'bite on Khophus (cause i forgot it has advantage on you)']: 27 (Yes!)
[21:19] <Khophus> (pfft)
[21:20] <DM_Tol> (i’ll ignore the crit part)
[21:20] <Khophus> (a scratch)
[21:20] <DM_Tol> 4d8+4 piercing damage
[21:20] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 4d8(22)+4 'piercing damage']: 26
[21:20] <Dylan> (i have a uhmmm sling)
[21:20] * Dylan attacks with sling
[21:20] <DM_Tol> (sweet!!!)
[21:20] <DM_Tol> -item sling
[21:20] <Khophus> (a scratch that is deep and nicks the femoral artery, but a scratch still)
[21:21] <DM_Tol> (you’ll have disadvantage too cause of range0
[21:21] <DM_Tol> (still concious Khophus?)
[21:21] <Khophus> (barely)
[21:21] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[21:21] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(11)+2]: 13
[21:22] <DM_Tol> Dylan misses with a sling.
[21:22] <DM_Tol> *round 7*
[21:22] <DM_Tol> Zephyra 18, Miri 18, Terres 16, Khophus 15, Theriand 15, Rocks+1, 9, Dylan 5, Kayalia 4, Ash 4
[21:22] <DM_Tol> (no)
[21:22] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Kayalia 13, Miri 12, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Dylan 6, Ash 1
[21:22] <Dylan> (ok next round I am going to grab khompus , move him back and heal him)
[21:22] * Khophus flexes his arms and chest, hoping to break out of the hold…
[21:23] <Dylan> (hack at the tentacle if i have to)
[21:23] <Khophus> 1d20+5 Ath check, DC15
[21:23] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(20)+5 'Ath check, DC15']: 25 (Critical success)
[21:23] <Khophus> (HA!)
[21:23] * Khophus falls back to the ground, barely keeping his balance.
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (call that an Acrobatics check)
[21:23] <Ash> (You do a Conan muscle pose and it swoons as it releases you.)
[21:24] <DM_Tol> (cause you have disadvantage on STR rolls)
[21:24] <Terres> (so it does have a weakness)
[21:24] <DM_Tol> Kayalia miri save)
[21:24] * Kayalia steps back slowly while locking, loading, and firing her crossbow with well-aimed precision.
[21:24] <Khophus> (Ahh – that was further up)
[21:24] <Kayalia> 1d20+5
[21:24] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(6)+5]: 11
[21:25] <Kayalia> (but not precise enough)
[21:25] <Miri> (where you getting the plus 5 from?!?!)
[21:25] <Miri> 1d20
[21:25] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(20)]: 20 (Fabulous)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[21:25] <Miri> (fuck me i have one hp!)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> Miri stabilizes.
[21:25] <Kayalia> (3 from dex, 2 from level prof?)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> Zephyra and Terres)
[21:25] <Miri> (not for a death save)
[21:25] <Dylan> (ok cancel maybe I will grab miri)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (isn’t someone using Zephyra?)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (no, Miri Kayalia was an attack, just you were a death sve)
[21:26] <Kayalia> (you asked why my attack has +5…)
[21:27] <Miri> (oooh ok)
[21:27] <Miri> (no, i thoujght we were both making death saves, sorry)
[21:27] <DM_Tol> (Yes, she thought my “(Kayalia, miri save)” meant you both were doing death saves)
[21:27] <Kayalia> (my character is not incapacitated)
[21:27] <Miri> (yes, that)
[21:27] <Miri> (my brain doesn't always work right, it's ok :D )
[21:27] <DM_Tol> (shouldv’e said, Kayalia your action, then Miri you do a death save)
[21:28] <Kayalia> (^ thats how I interpreted it lol)
[21:28] <DM_Tol> (Terres)
[21:28] * Terres struggles again to get away
[21:28] <Terres> 1d20+1 athl
[21:28] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(19)+1 'athl']: 20
[21:29] <DM_Tol> Khophus you still ahve your move action, too)
[21:29] * Terres moves towards the wall outcropping
[21:29] * Khophus scrambles away…
[21:29] <DM_Tol> (Stop)
[21:29] <DM_Tol> (people… listing)
[21:29] <DM_Tol> (listen)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> (The tentacle makes you restrained (Restrained : Speed reduced to 0. Disadvantage on attack rolls and Dexterity saving throws. Attackers have advantage) and it gives you Disadvantage on Strengh Rolls)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> (So either try to escape with an Acrobatics Dex check, or an Athletics check WITH DISADVANTAGE)
[21:31] <Kayalia> (sad face…)
[21:31] <Terres> (misspelled it was acrobatics, thats where i have thr +1)
[21:31] <Terres> (my athletics is 0)
[21:31] <DM_Tol> (LOL)
[21:31] <DM_Tol> (You typed athl as a typo for acrob?)
[21:32] <DM_Tol> Terres wrangles free, somehow…
[21:32] <Terres> (yeah i keep mixing them up)
[21:32] <Kayalia> (with my rolls I'd fail anyway despite my +7 to acrobatics)
[21:32] <DM_Tol> (ok, is anyone still grappled?)
[21:33] <Kayalia> (the spectre of death is grappling miri)
[21:33] <Miri> (she's alive and awake!)
[21:33] <DM_Tol> (no, it flung Miri away when she went limp)
[21:33] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 vs Khophus
[21:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+7 'vs Khophus']: 26
[21:33] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 vs Terres
[21:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(10)+7 'vs Terres']: 17
[21:33] <Kayalia> (life is but a flickering candle in a windy cave)
[21:33] <DM_Tol> The creature reaches out to grab two of you.
[21:34] * Khophus sighs tiredly and tries to dig in his claws…
[21:34] <DM_Tol> (terres, AC?)
[21:34] <Terres> (14)
[21:34] <Terres> (so grappled again)
[21:35] <DM_Tol> The creature pulls them in and then bites at Terres.
[21:35] <DM_Tol> 1d20+7 adv
[21:35] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(5, 10)+7 'adv']: 17
[21:35] <DM_Tol> 4d8+4 piercing damage
[21:35] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 4d8(7)+4 'piercing damage']: 11
[21:35] * Terres spits out a curse as the creature bites down
[21:35] <Terres> (i have a reaction spell)
[21:36] <Miri> (i'm an idiot. i jsut realized i forgot to halve damage. oh well)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> (ok, what’s that?)
[21:36] <Terres> (Hellish rebuke, and i will use it at second level)
[21:36] <Terres> (if it damages me
[21:36] <Terres> )
[21:36] <DM_Tol> (right you were raging. Just add half of that last blow back in)
[21:36] <Miri> (ok)
[21:37] <DM_Tol> (you you have like 12 or so HP, Miri)
[21:37] <DM_Tol> (and still have your rage)
[21:37] <Terres> (it needs to do a dc 12 dex save)
[21:37] <Miri> (thanks tol)
[21:37] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 DC12
[21:37] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(11)-1 'DC12']: 10 (Fail)
[21:37] <Miri> (still grappled then?)
[21:37] <Terres> 3d10+2
[21:37] <TolBot> Terres's 3d10(8)+2]: 10
[21:38] <Terres> (fire damage)
[21:39] <Dylan> -spell healing word
[21:40] <DM_Tol> Terres rebukes the creature hellishly!
[21:40] <Kayalia> (hurrah)
[21:40] <Dylan> (figured i'd have this ready)
[21:40] <Khophus> (“Your casserole is too dry!”)
[21:40] <Kayalia> (lol)
[21:40] <DM_Tol> (dylan and ash
[21:40] * Ash is feeling ineffective now, and throws down another Sacred Flame. (Dex DC 12)
[21:40] <Terres> (well it amounted to an insult given to low roll)
[21:41] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[21:41] <Ash> “Move back when you can, fight it at range!”
[21:41] <DM_Tol> The creature shrieks, and howls viciously, badly damaged.
[21:41] <Khophus> “I'M! TRYING!”
[21:41] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 DC12
[21:41] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)-1 'DC12']: 14 (Success)
[21:42] <Ash> (Double boo)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> *round 8*
[21:42] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Khophus 17, Kayalia 13, Miri 12, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Dylan 6, Ash 1
[21:43] * Dylan casts healing word on Miri
[21:43] * Khophus tries to contort his way out…
[21:43] * Dylan casts healing word on Miri as he attacks
[21:43] <Khophus> 1d20+1 DC 14
[21:43] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(5)+1 'DC 14']: 6
[21:43] <Miri> (tol, am i still grappled then or is that broke?)
[21:43] <Dylan> (it threw you across the room limp)
[21:43] * Khophus sighs and seems resigned to his fate to be thingie-chow
[21:43] <Dylan> (so you should be out)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> (hmm , miri, that’s complicted)
[21:43] <Miri> (yeah but i shouldn't have passed out, i forgot to halve my damage. so i'm trying to roll it back right)
[21:44] <Kayalia> “… I'll do my best…,” Kayalia hesitated while lining up her next shot. Hopefully thye creature would be felled before it could mortally wound any of the party members it managed to grab onto. The vicious bites made her cringe terribly, and she would be quite happy to not see it no longer continue.
[21:44] <Miri> (and i rolled a nat 20 on a death save, so i'd be at 1 hp any way)
[21:44] <DM_Tol> (lol, you can be either at 1hp and free, or 12 HPs and restrained. hehe)
[21:44] <Dylan> (ok who is lowest on HP?)
[21:44] <Miri> (i'll take the 12 hp and restrained)
[21:44] <Khophus> (at 1)
[21:45] <Dylan> (khompus, where are you at?)
[21:45] * Dylan healing words khompus
[21:45] <Dylan> 3d4+4
[21:45] <TolBot> Dylan's 3d4(8)+4]: 12
[21:45] <DM_Tol> Khophus stayes restraiend.
[21:45] <Kayalia> 1d20+5
[21:45] <DM_Tol> Kayalia and Miri)
[21:45] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(17)+5]: 22
[21:45] * Dylan uses sling on tentacle monster
[21:45] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[21:45] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(14)+2]: 16
[21:45] <Khophus> (between Mi and Te)
[21:45] <Kayalia> (attack roll above)
[21:45] <DM_Tol> Kayalia hits with something)
[21:45] * Miri will use reckless and attack again
[21:45] <Dylan> -weapon sling
[21:46] <Miri> 1d20+4
[21:46] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(14)+4]: 18
[21:46] * Khophus shivers and feels some of his wound knitting up
[21:46] <Kayalia> (crossbow off course!)
[21:46] <DM_Tol> (-item sling)
[21:46] <Dylan> -item sling
[21:46] <Khophus> (brb)
[21:46] <Dylan> 1d4
[21:46] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d4(3)]: 3
[21:46] <Kayalia> 3d6+3
[21:46] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(12)+3]: 15
[21:46] <DM_Tol> Dylan misses with a sling.
[21:47] <DM_Tol> MIri misses with an attack as Kayalia hits the creature true.
[21:47] * Kayalia manages to lodge an arrow into a weak spot of the creature
[21:47] <Miri> (woah, 18 missed? dang)
[21:47] <Dylan> (is this like the monster in stranger things?)
[21:47] <Dylan> (are we fighting a beholder?)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> As the creature rumbles and makes gutteral sounds and then crumbles slowly into pieces.
[21:47] <Kayalia> (its rocky and has tentacles… thats all I know)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> *end combat*
[21:48] <Dylan> (end combat or end phase?)
[21:48] <DM_Tol> Behind the pile of rubble you see a landing a stair to the right going down.
[21:48] <Ash> “Wow.”
[21:48] * Kayalia bounces in victory and then falls to her knees with a sigh.
[21:48] <Terres> (that last bit was a bit chaotic and sketchy)
[21:49] * Miri just kind of slides to the floor and breathes.
[21:49] * Terres breaths a sigh of relief as the tentcle lets go of him
[21:50] <Ash> “I think we need to go back upstairs and collect ranged weapons for whomever does not have them.”
[21:50] * Khophus rolls to his feet, wobbling a little.
[21:50] <Khophus> “Good idea.”
[21:51] <Miri> “I have daggers, i just do better up close. It's kind of my thing. Also, can we take a short rest?”
[21:52] <DM_Tol> The group rests for a bit (short), as the group then moves up out of tunnels.
[21:52] <Miri> d12
[21:52] <DM_Tol> (Are you remembering to be stealthy as you emerge to the castle ground level, so as not to be seen from the tower?)
[21:52] <Miri> 1d12
[21:52] <TolBot> Miri's 1d12(2)]: 2
[21:52] <Ash> “Let's get you something better than daggers, like a bow or something. Something that keeps you from being killed horrifically by giant rock monsters.”
[21:53] <Kayalia> (I wonder how many arrows I fired… too lazy to scroll up)
[21:53] <Miri> 2d12
[21:53] <TolBot> Miri's 2d12(8)]: 8
[21:53] <Ash> (Yes here)
[21:53] <Terres> (dont the creatures here reset)
[21:54] * Khophus looks around
[21:54] <DM_Tol> (Are you remembering to be stealthy as you emerge to the castle ground level, so as not to be seen from the tower?)
[21:54] <Dylan> “I thought this sling was a good idea”
[21:54] <Ash> (Yes, sneaking)
[21:54] <Miri> (yes)
[21:54] <DM_Tol> (and where are you sneaking off to?)
[21:55] * Terres just folows the others
[21:56] <Ash> (Sneaking to the opposite side with the armory on the 2nd floor)
[21:56] * Khophus just plods along with the others
[21:58] <DM_Tol> The group makes its way to the corner 2-story room, and finds the magic sandbox.
[21:58] * Ash draws in the proper symbols, and teaches the newcomers.
[21:58] <DM_Tol> As they enter the three symbols from the wall, the stairwell descends from above, and they make it up into the second level where a storehouse of mundane armor and weapons still remains.
[21:59] <DM_Tol> (You can find any mundane weapon or armor below 80gp in value)
[21:59] * Khophus grabs some more arrows
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (there are really cool descriptions of this building… in the logs)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (it’s building 2 on the Castle tab of the maps)
[22:00] * Miri will grab some more daggers.
[22:02] * Dylan gets more bullets
[22:03] * Ash lingers here until everybody who rushed into melee has an adequate supply of ranged gear, and maybe better armor or shields.
[22:03] * Terres turns over a few odds and ends but doesnt find anything useful
[22:04] * Khophus tests his bow to make sure that it's still useable.
[22:05] <DM_Tol> The light outside begins dim as shadows grow long.
[22:06] * Kayalia looks around, not-quite-marveling at the perhaps not-so-auspicious design of the place, since she hasn't visited here quite as many times as the original group. Lost in thought, as usual.
[22:06] <Miri> “should we pull back and sleep somewhere for the night?”
[22:07] * Khophus nods.
[22:07] <Ash> “It's growing dark outside, we could rest here for the night. It remained untouched until we first came here.”
[22:07] <DM_Tol> (Correct, you got the sense on first discovery that this ‘upper room’ was secret and untouched for decades)
[22:08] <Miri> “I'll take first watch)
[22:08] <DM_Tol> (Inspiration point to Ash for remembering and making use of that detail)
[22:08] <Miri> ” even )
[22:08] <Ash> (Woot)
[22:09] * Khophus just slumps on the ground, resting his head on the shield and starts slowly snoring.
[22:09] * Terres slumps on the floor too for a nap
[22:09] * Ash joins the others in resting.
[22:10] <DM_Tol> The group sleeps through the night. Through the slotted windows, a couple of you think you see the occassional (one per hour?) winged demon or creature fly out from high in the tower and move away or return.
[22:11] <DM_Tol> Morning breaks as light sneaks intot he space.
[22:11] <DM_Tol> (If you didn’t retract the stairs last night with the pushable stone at the top of them, they automatically ascended into your room after half an hour.)
[22:12] * Kayalia is quite neverous about resting in a place like this one, perhaps noticibly so.
[22:16] <Terres> “So shall we try the dungeons again?”
[22:16] <Miri> “remember, things like to reset around here.”
[22:17] <Kayalia> “How much time do we have? You know… to accomplish our mission?”
[22:17] <Ash> “Indeed, so expect a few of those demon things when we open the door to the dungeon.”
[22:18] <Miri> “we don't know.”
[22:19] <Ash> “However long this demon lord stays here, I imagine the worse things will get around here.”
[22:19] * Terres remembers falling down the secret entrance and prepares for the stone slab sliding open
[22:19] * Khophus nocks and arrow
[22:20] * Ash will put the proper sign into the sand for the dungeon entrance, after checking to see that everybody is off the steps.“
[22:20] <DM_Tol> The group pushes the stone and the stairs move down into the room below.
[22:21] <DM_Tol> The group then (stealthily?) makes its way ot the opposite corner of the grounds and draws in the sand.
[22:21] * Terres casts Mage Armor on himself before getting to the stone room
[22:21] <DM_Tol> As you do, the trap door slides open, revealing stairs down.
[22:21] <DM_Tol> (No Manes attack you.)
[22:21] <Terres> (did we reach a checkpoint?)
[22:24] <DM_Tol> (nope, all the traps reset)
[22:24] <DM_Tol> The group enters the stairs and slowly and carefull makes its way down to its previous progress.
[22:25] <DM_Tol> Down the stairs, and then turn to the right to the hall marked “ “ on the wall.
[22:25] <DM_Tol> You traverse the acid pit trap and make it to the door on the opposite side.
[22:26] * Khophus wrinkles his snout at the smell of the acid.
[22:27] <DM_Tol> The door which you opened with the splash of acid remains open.
[22:28] * Terres takes a quick peak throgh the door
[22:28] <DM_Tol> Through the door, to the right, and down another set of stairs.
[22:28] <DM_Tol> You turn into the hall marked “ “, larger and rocky. The remains of the dead Roper Rock creaters are there still.
[22:29] <Khophus> (That's the thing that grabbed us?)
[22:29] <DM_Tol> (yes)
[22:29] * Ash looks up at the ceiling just in case.
[22:31] <Terres> “I guess onwards we go.”
[22:31] * Dylan agrees
[22:32] * Khophus looks behind him, then moves on with the others.
[22:32] <DM_Tol> You move past the rock-creature-as-a-door and turn right towards the new tunnel of stairs.
[22:33] * Kayalia sighs. “Honestly, I am apprehensive about walking past that thing after seeing it try to eat people.”
[22:33] * Khophus unsheathes his sword and stabs it.
[22:34] <Ash> “Well Khophus has the right idea if you're afraid of it.”
[22:34] <DM_Tol> You descend a full lenght as before, and at the bottom of the stairs. After a turn to the right there is a new hallway.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> On the wall you see “ “
[22:35] * Terres pays close attention to the hallways walls and looks for any carvings or writing
[22:36] * Kayalia scurries past the deceased monsters with a bit of hop in her step, as if to minimize the amount of time she spent around the thing, then follows behind the others, arriving at the ” “ room.
[22:37] * Khophus looks around the room. “Acid…stone…air?”
[22:38] <Ash> “Perhaps fire?”
[22:38] * Khophus shrugs his shoulders
[22:38] <Khophus> “I can deal with fire.”
[22:38] <Ash> “After all, one of the murals had a hallway engulfed with fire, followed by spikes from the ceiling.”
[22:41] <Khophus> “Spikes, not so much.”
[22:41] <DM_Tol> The dark hall widens to 15ft after the turn and goes on for more than 60ft.
[22:41] * Khophus looks up.
[22:42] <DM_Tol> The ceiling is 10ft.
[22:42] <Khophus> (spikes or holes?)
[22:43] <Ash> “Seeing as there is no immediate threat, I suspect we are due for another trap. Anybody feel like they are good at finding traps?”
[22:43] <DM_Tol> (you can roll a perception if you want)
[22:43] <Khophus> 1d20+2 Perception
[22:43] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(3)+2 'Perception']: 5
[22:44] <Khophus> (“He never saw it coming.” – Khophus's tombstone)
[22:44] * Terres shrugs and checks the floors and wall at the entrance for traps
[22:44] <Terres> 1d20+2 perc
[22:44] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(10)+2 'perc']: 12
[22:44] <Ash> 1d20+2 perception
[22:44] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(16)+2 'perception']: 18
[22:45] <DM_Tol> Terres moves forward with Khophus inspecting the room, along with Ash.
[22:45] <DM_Tol> In the darkness, you see not much, except for a blade that comes down from the ceiling and into the passage, cutting a lock off of Terres hair before retracting back into the stone.
[22:46] <DM_Tol> A second blade flies through the air.
[22:46] <DM_Tol> (Dex save Khophus DC13)
[22:47] <Khophus> 1d20+1 DC13
[22:47] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(10)+1 'DC13']: 11 (Fail)
[22:48] <DM_Tol> 1d8
[22:48] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d8(7)]: 7
[22:48] <Khophus> (See – what did I say? “He never saw it coming.”)
[22:48] <Khophus> “DO–“
[22:48] <Ash> (Yup)
[22:48] <DM_Tol> Khophus is stuck with a throwing blade that came out of the darkness.
[22:48] <Khophus> “GRAAHH!”
[22:48] <DM_Tol> * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close * (for the year)

campaigns/the_forth/session_19_-_12-17-2017_-_years_end.txt · Last modified: 2018/01/08 02:08 (external edit)