Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/9/996f10ac44b1b6e9aaed376328c19f13.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_18_-_12-10-2017_-_combat
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/9/996f10ac44b1b6e9aaed376328c19f13.xhtml failed

[20:11] <DM_Tol> * Game Recap *
[20:13] <DM_Tol> The group of adventurers, including the new recruits, made their way to the castle grounds.
[20:14] <DM_Tol> Under the surface, they made their way down the stairwell tunnel, making their way down and down, across the acid pit, and through closed doors, and to the second level, where they encountered rockmonsters blocking their path?
[20:15] <DM_Tol> * As this 18th session of Können: Heroes of Azod begins *
[20:15] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Zephyra 18, Miri 18, Terres 16, Khophus 15, Theriand 15, Rocks+1, 9, Dylan 5, Kayalia 4, Ash 4
[20:16] <DM_Tol> ( game grid : http://bit.ly/battlegrid )
[20:17] <DM_Tol> Three rocks creatures very slowly move about among the group.
[20:17] <DM_Tol> Zephyra then Miri)
[20:18] <Miri> (and we've already been through a couple rounds of combat, yes?)
[20:18] <DM_Tol> (this is round 3 i think)
[20:18] <Terres> (1 round i think)
[20:18] * Zephyra gives a smirk as she whips the end of her quarterstaff around to thwack the evil rock thingy on the…head?
[20:18] <DM_Tol> (lemme check)
[20:18] * May is now known as Kayalia
[20:18] <Zephyra> <we completed round 1
[20:18] <DM_Tol> (ok, round 2 now)
[20:18] <Miri> (k)
[20:19] <Zephyra> -1d20+5
[20:20] <Terres> (no- i think)
[20:20] <Theriand> (don't need the -)
[20:20] <Zephyra> 1d20+5
[20:20] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d20(6)+5]: 11
[20:20] <Zephyra> <sorry..use too many bots >,< >
[20:20] <Theriand> (You mean Abuse lol)
[20:21] <Zephyra> <that too>
[20:21] <Terres> (tomato, potato or something)
[20:22] <DM_Tol> (iss)
[20:22] <DM_Tol> (miss)
[20:22] * Miri will whisper 'marshmallow' if she hasn't already, and then swing her sword.
[20:23] <Miri> 1d20+4
[20:23] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(15)+4]: 19
[20:23] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[20:23] <Miri> 4d6+4
[20:23] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(11)+4]: 15
[20:23] <Miri> (some of that would be fire damage. did you need me to roll that seperate?)
[20:23] <Kayalia> (I don't remember like anything of last session unfortunately… was too zoned out)
[20:24] <Terres> (we went down some stairs after the acid puzzle door, then got to a cave looking room and 3 stone tentacled monsters dropped from the ceiling amongst us)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (which one, Miri?)
[20:25] <Terres> (there might or might not be tentacles involved but thats the way i remember it)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> (S3?)
[20:25] <Kayalia> (I feel like I killed *something* last time we played, lol)
[20:25] <Miri> (ooh, yeah)
[20:25] <Miri> (sorry about that.)
[20:26] <Terres> (s1 was almost dead i think but dont think we killed anything)
[20:26] <DM_Tol> Miri wounds the rockmonster (yes all three are still there, only S1 was damaged round 1)
[20:27] <DM_Tol> Terres Khophus)
[20:27] * Terres points his finger and speaks a word and a beam of Eldritch energy jumps toward a rock monster(S1)
[20:27] <Terres> 1d20+5 Eldritch blast at S1
[20:27] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(17)+5 'Eldritch blast at S1']: 22
[20:28] <Terres> 1d10+2 dmg
[20:28] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(5)+2 'dmg']: 7
[20:28] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[20:28] <DM_Tol> Terres hits the rock monster
[20:29] <DM_Tol> The creatures crumbles into pebbles and stones.
[20:29] * Terres moves to a spot he can attack the next one from
[20:30] <Terres> (i assume i can hit the other 2 from where i am?)
[20:30] <DM_Tol> (yes)
[20:31] <Terres> (then i stay put)
[20:31] <DM_Tol> (Theriand)
[20:32] * Theriand shoots a firebolt at S3
[20:32] <Theriand> 1d20+5
[20:32] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(11)+5]: 16
[20:33] <Theriand> 1d10 if hit
[20:33] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d10(1) 'if hit']: 1
[20:33] <Theriand> (really tolbot, no zio unfs for you)
[20:33] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[20:33] <Theriand> (1 damage… lol)
[20:33] <DM_Tol> Theriand “blasts” the rock monster with a firebolt.
[20:35] <DM_Tol> As they respond.
[20:36] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3 vs Miri
[20:36] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+3 'vs Miri']: 4 (Uh oh.)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3 vs Dylan
[20:37] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(5)+3 'vs Dylan']: 8
[20:37] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3+10 vs Dylan
[20:37] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+3+10 'vs Dylan']: 32
[20:37] <DM_Tol> (HIT!)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> Dylan goes flying against the wall, as Khophus runs to attend to him.
[20:38] <DM_Tol> Kayalia Ash)
[20:39] <Ash> (one moment here…)
[20:39] <Kayalia> (move diagonal/zig-zag and in to attack the enemies without moving in/out of any attack ranges)
[20:40] * Ash casts Shillelagh on his club, then proceeds to club S3 before moving back.
[20:40] <Kayalia> 1d20+6 Attacking S3
[20:40] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(16)+6 'Attacking S3']: 22
[20:40] <Ash> 1d20+4
[20:40] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(5)+4]: 9
[20:41] * Kayalia weaves about her allies, drawing in and striking at the rock monster with her wind-enchanted war fan (which she's named 'Tempest').
[20:42] <DM_Tol> Ash misses a the rock creature.
[20:42] <Kayalia> (is sneak attack not applicable due to no human anatomy? dunno 'bout this enemy or how 5e handles sneak attack)
[20:42] <DM_Tol> (no sneak attack here)
[20:44] <Miri> (i'm in meelee with s3, so kay should get sneak attack cause of it, i think?)
[20:44] <DM_Tol> (actually, you should be able to)
[20:44] <Kayalia> (the wiki/srds for 5th don't mention that limitation of sneak attack, now that I am looking)
[20:44] <Kayalia> (I just need advantage or a common enemy within 5' for it, 1/round according to documentations)
[20:45] <Kayalia> 3d6+4 Sneak Attack
[20:45] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(10)+4 'Sneak Attack']: 14
[20:46] <DM_Tol> (the regular damage on the fan is?)
[20:47] <Kayalia> (1d6+4 + 2d6 sneak attack)
[20:47] <DM_Tol> (got it)
[20:47] <DM_Tol> Kayalia wails on a rock monster
[20:48] <DM_Tol> (which one?)
[20:48] <Kayalia> (declared as s3 earlier)
[20:49] <DM_Tol> The rock monster crumbles to death from the blow.
[20:49] * Kayalia then disengages and moves away a little
[20:50] <DM_Tol> (Round 3)
[20:50] <DM_Tol> Initiative Order: Zephyra 18, Miri 18, Terres 16, Khophus 15, Theriand 15, Rocks+1, 9, Dylan 5, Kayalia 4, Ash 4
[20:51] * Zephyra seeing the one before her crumbling, turns and attempts a solid thwack at S2 with her steek
[20:51] <Zephyra> 1d20+5
[20:51] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d20(13)+5]: 18
[20:52] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[20:52] <Zephyra> 1d6+3
[20:52] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d6(5)+3]: 8
[20:55] <Zephyra> <i hit something! yay!>
[20:55] <DM_Tol> Miri Terres)
[20:55] * Miri turns to s2, moving close enough to hit and swings with her flaming sword
[20:55] <Miri> 1d20+4
[20:55] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(7)+4]: 11
[20:56] <Miri> (pretty sure that's a miss)
[20:56] * Terres unleashes another Eldritch blast at the rock creature(s2)
[20:57] <DM_Tol> (miss. Terres)
[20:57] <Terres> 1d20+5
[20:57] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(5)+5]: 10
[20:57] <DM_Tol> (Ther)
[20:57] <Terres> (and it fizzes)
[20:57] * Theriand fires another Firebolt at S2
[20:57] <DM_Tol> Miri and Terres take aim that goes awry.
[20:57] <Theriand> 1d20+5
[20:57] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(12)+5]: 17
[20:57] <Theriand> 1d10
[20:57] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d10(2)]: 2
[20:57] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[20:58] <DM_Tol> Theriand hits the monster with a firebolt as it swings back.
[20:58] <DM_Tol> 1d2
[20:58] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(1)]: 1
[20:58] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3 on Miri
[20:58] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(6)+3 'on Miri']: 9
[20:59] <DM_Tol> The creature swings it tentacle and misses, as Khophus continues tending Dylan Kayalia up, then Ash)
[21:00] <Theriand> (alright, I need to go… gotta be up in ~4 hours)
[21:00] * Kayalia steps forward and slashes the monster again with another flourishful sweep of her blade fan.
[21:00] <Kayalia> 1d20+6
[21:00] <Ash> (I call dibs on his share of non-cursed loot.)
[21:00] <Miri> (take care)
[21:00] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(15)+6]: 21
[21:00] <Kayalia> (nini!)
[21:00] * Theriand is now known as Ryu
[21:00] <Terres> (night)
[21:01] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:01] <Kayalia> 3d6+4
[21:01] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(8)+4]: 12
[21:01] <DM_Tol> (AC is 15)
[21:02] <Kayalia> (just like me!)
[21:02] <DM_Tol> Kayalia damages the creature. (Ash)
[21:02] * Ash moves in to strike again with his enchanted club.
[21:02] <Ash> 1d20+4
[21:02] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(13)+4]: 17
[21:02] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:02] <Ash> 1d8+2
[21:02] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(8)+2]: 10
[21:02] <DM_Tol> Ash plants his club in the stony surface, as it crumbles apart on the small cavern floor.
[21:03] * Ash brushes stone dust off the end of his club.
[21:03] <DM_Tol> As the stones stop rolling, the chamber goes quiet.
[21:04] * Terres looks around the chamber for anything else moving
[21:04] <Zephyra> “Well…that was a smash…“
[21:04] * Ash groans
[21:05] <DM_Tol> You explore the chamber, and none of the other rocky surfaces move.
[21:05] <Terres> (any inscriptions or carvings? i can roll investigation if needed)
[21:06] <DM_Tol> The walls and floor of this 75ft long chamber are rough cut. Some small stalagmites around.
[21:06] <DM_Tol> (roll investigation)
[21:06] <Terres> 1d20+2 invistigation (add 2 if stonework)
[21:06] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(17)+2 'invistigation (add 2 if stonework)']: 19
[21:07] * Kayalia lets out a soft sigh, stepping gingerly betwix the rubble she and her companions managed to create amid the tunnel.
[21:07] <DM_Tol> There are no inscriptions you see, however, at the end of the chamber, where you have been seen a large stone door on previous levels, here there is a rough stone, a larger stalagmite, blocking what looks like the passage behind it.
[21:08] * Terres points out the passage to others
[21:08] <Ash> “Well isn't this annoying looking?”
[21:10] <Terres> (so the stalagmite is in our way or can we squize around it?)
[21:10] <DM_Tol> (It does not look as if you could squeeze around it.)
[21:14] <DM_Tol> (anyone else searching, trying to squeeze? what are we doing here?
[21:14] * Ash looks to see if it has any glyphs, marks, or holes that could be a way of bypassing it.
[21:14] <DM_Tol> (6 players sat silaent for 4 minutes)
[21:15] * Miri will go up to the stalagmite and try to whack it at the base.
[21:15] * Terres looks around the stalagmite into the passage for any way to get around it
[21:15] <DM_Tol> As each of you draw nearer to the far end of the hall to examine the opening, you hear a guttural sound.
[21:16] * Kayalia looks about, startled by the sudden sound emitted from, well, who-knows-where.
[21:16] <DM_Tol> A large eye pops open on the stalagmite, and tentacles shoot out from it at you.
[21:16] <Terres> (well the eye is abviously the week point, we need to blind it and then disguise as sheep to get past him)
[21:17] <Ash> “Crap, the mother thing!”
[21:17] * Miri already said she was swinging at it.
[21:17] <DM_Tol> -init rolls plz
[21:17] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[21:17] <Terres> “uh Oh”
[21:17] <DM_Tol> (and as you walked near it woke up)
[21:17] <Kayalia> 1d20+3
[21:17] <Miri> 1d20-1
[21:17] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(13)-1]: 12
[21:17] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(10)+3]: 13
[21:17] <Ash> 1d20
[21:17] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(1)]: 1 (Yowza)
[21:17] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[21:17] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(7)+1 'init']: 8
[21:18] <Zephyra> 1d20+2
[21:18] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d20(7)+2]: 9
[21:18] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 RockMonster
[21:18] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(12)-1 'RockMonster']: 11
[21:18] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 for RockMonster
[21:18] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)-1 'for RockMonster']: 7
[21:18] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:18] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Kayalia 13, Miri 12, <DM_Tol, 11, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Ash 1
[21:19] <Zephyra> <poke it in the eye!>
[21:19] <DM_Tol> Kayalia then Miri)
[21:19] <Miri> (how do i roll advantage? i forget)
[21:19] <Kayalia> (battle positions? I didn't really move anything in excel after the battle.)
[21:20] <Terres> (1d20+x adv)
[21:20] <DM_Tol> The large creature, begins to open a menacing and dangerous mouth with horrid sharp teeth that you KNOW you want to stay away from and not get near.
[21:20] <Miri> (thanks)
[21:20] <DM_Tol> (move yourself and state action, then roll)
[21:21] <Miri> (and we are going towards the 'door'?)
[21:21] <Terres> (the rock guy is blocking the door in the battlegrid?)
[21:21] <DM_Tol> (the rock IS the door)
[21:21] <Kayalia> 1d20+6 adv
[21:21] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(17, 11)+6 'adv']: 23
[21:21] <Terres> (omg you know our weekness)
[21:22] <DM_Tol> Kayalia what was your action?)
[21:22] <Kayalia> (move ~20ft forward, attack.)
[21:22] <Zephyra> <doors…the true downfall of all adventureres>
[21:22] <DM_Tol> (why are you rolling with advantage? State the type of attack, plz)
[21:22] <Kayalia> (assassin archtype = has advantage on any enemy that has not acted yet in battle)
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (got it)
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[21:24] * Kayalia dashes forward, extending her fan again and slashing down hard on the creature, before hopping back to a safe distance (move 20, attack, disengage(bonus), move back 10).
[21:24] <DM_Tol> As you move up to the creature, you are horrified by the dangerous mouth you have willingly ran up to.
[21:24] <Kayalia> 3d6+4 Attack with Sneak Attack added.
[21:24] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(11)+4 'Attack with Sneak Attack added.']: 15
[21:24] <DM_Tol> (You open yourself up to an opportunity attack when you just carelessly leave a threateened space)
[21:24] <Kayalia> (disengage negates that)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (why do you have sneack attack?)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (You took the disengage action?)
[21:25] <Kayalia> (I have disengage as a bonus action as a rogue ability)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (ah, cool)
[21:25] <Kayalia> (sneak attack triggers if I have advantage on an enemy or they are adjacent to an ally of mine. Its the former atm)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (you do not have the movement left, though… it attacked with some of you 30ft at the closest)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (And you were not among the three that talked about drawing close to it. I moved Ash Terr and miri to that distance)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (right, on the sneak attack, got that)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (But you will spend all 30ft to get in melee)
[21:26] <Kayalia> (well as I stated, I didn't mess with excel after the battle, but I did RP my character moving closer to the door [stepping over the enemies] and when i SAID SO YOU SAID JUST PUT MY CHARACTER WHEREEVER AND THEN ACT).
[21:27] <Kayalia> (OOPS capslock)
[21:27] <Kayalia> (hate this laptop… >.<)
[21:27] <DM_Tol> (hey hey, calme down, lol)
[21:27] <Kayalia> (wasn't on purpose, sorry!)
[21:28] <Kayalia> (caps lock started when I tried to csapitalize 'I' there lol)
[21:28] <DM_Tol> (typing this stuff is tedious, sorry. Just know you can reach it in 30, but that’s it. sorry)
[21:29] <Kayalia> (yes.. tedious…)
[21:29] <DM_Tol> (sooo, still going through with the advance?)
[21:30] <Kayalia> (apparently not)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> (I don’t know what apparently means in this context)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> (you can perform everything you stated, except for the 10ft disengage)
[21:31] * Kayalia retcons previous action to read: Kayalia uses her initiative to move into a desired position [end turn]
[21:31] <DM_Tol> (Miri)
[21:31] * Miri will go into a rage as she stomps up to the side of it and then swing with her lit blade.
[21:31] <Miri> 1d20+4
[21:31] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(19)+4]: 23
[21:32] <DM_Tol> Miri hits the creature, the awful gutteral sounds emanating thru the large teeth matching the sound of her blade.
[21:32] <Miri> 2d6+6 slashing
[21:32] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(6)+6 'slashing']: 12
[21:32] <Miri> 2d6 fire
[21:32] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(3) 'fire']: 3
[21:33] <DM_Tol> (Zeph and Terres)
[21:34] * Zephyra will move forward and take a defensive stance <end>
[21:34] <Zephyra> “This one looks hangry…“
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (Terres)
[21:35] * Terres casts Mage armor on himself and tries to stay away ouf the range of the tentacles
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (Just place yourself where you like)
[21:36] <Terres> (done)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> The tentacles shoot out from the creature a surprising distance.
[21:37] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Terres
[21:37] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(5)+6 'vs Terres']: 11
[21:37] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Kayalia
[21:37] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4)+6 'vs Kayalia']: 10
[21:37] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Ash
[21:37] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(3)+6 'vs Ash']: 9
[21:37] <DM_Tol> The tentacles fly at each of you as you avoid, as the creature bites at Miri.
[21:37] <Terres> (Ac is 14 with mage armor)
[21:38] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 at Miri
[21:38] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(20)+6 'at Miri']: 26 (Marvelous)
[21:38] <Terres> (le ouch)
[21:38] <Miri> (pfft, it gets cut in half anyway)
[21:38] <Zephyra> <well…shiznitzels>
[21:38] <DM_Tol> 4d6+4 piercing damage
[21:38] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 4d6(13)+4 'piercing damage']: 17
[21:39] <Miri> (so 8?)
[21:39] <DM_Tol> 1d6 extra
[21:39] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d6(3) 'extra']: 3
[21:39] <Miri> (so 9 total then?)
[21:39] <DM_Tol> (9)
[21:39] <Miri> (k)
[21:39] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[21:40] * Ash uses Healing word from range on Miri.
[21:40] <Ash> 1d4+2 healing to Miri.
[21:40] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(1)+2 'healing to Miri.']: 3
[21:40] <Miri> (thank you!)
[21:40] * Ash then disengages back.
[21:41] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:41] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Kayalia 13, Miri 12, <DM_Tol, 11, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Ash 1
[21:42] <DM_Tol> *round 2*
[21:42] * Kayalia moves forward, attacks, disengages back 10 feet…
[21:42] <Terres> (so are those tentacles big enough to grab someone and pull them or are they just for slapping dwarves around)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> (you can attack the tentacle)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> (oh, yes, they look large enough to grab you)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> (ok, Kay, and say attack with what)
[21:43] <Kayalia> (actually… can I attack diagonally from that corner beside 'str' or am I locked out of actually meleeing the enemy atm?)
[21:44] <DM_Tol> (with the * ?)
[21:44] <Kayalia> (yes)
[21:44] <DM_Tol> (sure)
[21:45] <DM_Tol> (why would you be locked out of melee?)
[21:45] <Kayalia> (if those 2 squares in front were the only melee could attack from, I would be)
[21:45] <Kayalia> (it'll actually only be able to go 5' back now actually.)
[21:45] <DM_Tol> (The whole purple space is the creature)
[21:46] <DM_Tol> (ok, roll)
[21:46] <Kayalia> (ohhhhh I was wondering who str was)
[21:46] <Kayalia> (I take back what I said, 10' works)
[21:46] <DM_Tol> (Rock Mnstr = Rock Monster)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> (ah, you wanted to hide behind someone like a little rogue scheister)
[21:47] <Kayalia> 1d20+6
[21:47] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(8)+6]: 14
[21:47] <Terres> (get behind a meatshield warlock)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> Kayalia misses with her attack (Adv?)
[21:47] <Kayalia> (well, yeah, I am not a tank… thats why rogues get to disengage as a boinus act… to sorta hit and run)
[21:48] <Kayalia> (I don't think i get advantage for any particular reason atm?)
[21:49] <DM_Tol> (you’r eright)
[21:49] <DM_Tol> (Go Miri)
[21:49] <Miri> (she would have gotten sneak attack damage if she hit cuse of me, but not adv)
[21:49] * Miri will use reckless attack to attack the monster with her lit sword.
[21:49] <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
[21:49] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(3, 1)+4 'adv']: 7
[21:49] <Miri> (fucking sob)
[21:49] <DM_Tol> (Zeph, Terres)
[21:49] <DM_Tol> Miri fumbles her attack.
[21:49] <DM_Tol> … leaving herself open to an advantageous bite.
[21:49] <Kayalia> (how is miri getting adv? i want whatever she has ;_;)
[21:50] <Miri> (sure, lets give the creature the chance for another crit for a 3 lol)
[21:50] <Miri> (rekless attack as a barbarian)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (Reckless attack. Gets advantage, but gives attacks against her advantage as well)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (which she now regrets. :)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (Zeph, Terres)
[21:50] <Miri> (wouldn't you? lol)
[21:51] <DM_Tol> Zephyra ? Terres Go)
[21:52] * Terres sends another Eldritch blast at the door impersonator
[21:52] <Terres> 1d20+5
[21:52] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(2)+5]: 7
[21:52] <Terres> (ugh)
[21:52] * Zephyra steps out and attempts to be helpful…immediately regretting it…
[21:52] <Zephyra> 1d20+5
[21:52] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d20(13)+5]: 18
[21:52] <DM_Tol> (Zeph hit)
[21:52] <Zephyra> 1d6+3
[21:52] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d6(3)+3]: 6
[21:53] <DM_Tol> The tentacles fly around continuing to grasp at you.
[21:53] <Zephyra> <le murr>
[21:53] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Kayalia
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(16)+6 'vs Kayalia']: 22
[21:54] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Terres
[21:54] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4)+6 'vs Terres']: 10
[21:54] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Zephyra
[21:54] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(7)+6 'vs Zephyra']: 13
[21:54] <DM_Tol> As it bites again at Miri
[21:54] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 adv vs Miri
[21:54] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15, 3)+6 'adv vs Miri']: 21
[21:54] <Miri> (pfft, doesn't hit :P (it totally hits)
[21:56] <DM_Tol> Kayalia the tentacle grabs hold of you, and you are grappled by it (you are restrained and have disadvantage on Str rolls)
[21:56] <DM_Tol> 4d6+6 piercing damage on Miri
[21:56] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 4d6(16)+6 'piercing damage on Miri']: 22
[21:56] <DM_Tol> The creatures teeth pierce Miri viciously.
[21:56] <Miri> (11, right?)
[21:57] <DM_Tol> (if you’re raging, you get resistance to piercing, right?)
[21:57] <Kayalia> (da heck this thing is strong)
[21:57] <Miri> (i get resistance to all but psychic while raging thanks to my bear totem)
[21:57] <DM_Tol> (then 11)
[21:58] <Terres> ( i hope you have more hp than me)
[21:58] <Miri> (k)
[21:58] <Miri> (i'm still standing, but next round i'll go down unless it misses or someone kills it)
[21:58] * Ash follows up his healing word with another healing word and then a sacred flame.
[21:59] <Ash> 1d4+2 healing to Miri
[21:59] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(2)+2 'healing to Miri']: 4
[21:59] <Miri> (thank you again)
[21:59] <Ash> 1d20+4 to hit rockmonster
[21:59] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(11)+4 'to hit rockmonster']: 15
[21:59] <Ash> (Actually scratch that, it's just a DC 12 dex save)
[21:59] <Ash> (not a to hit, not sure why I keep doing that)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 save DC12
[22:00] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)-1 'save DC12']: 14 (Success)
[22:00] <Ash> (boo)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> -init report
[22:00] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Kayalia 13, Miri 12, <DM_Tol, 11, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Ash 1
[22:01] <DM_Tol> Kayalia you are Restrained)
[22:01] <Kayalia> (okay… so what can I do?)
[22:02] <DM_Tol> type: -rule restrained
[22:03] <DM_Tol> ( Which will PM you: Restrained : Speed reduced to 0. Disadvantage on attack rolls and Dexterity saving throws. Attackers have advantage. )
[22:03] <Kayalia> -rule restrained
[22:03] <Kayalia> (how do I get… unrestrained?)
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (escape)
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (type: -rule escape )
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (tee hee)
[22:04] <Kayalia> -rule escape
[22:04] <DM_Tol> ( Escape Grapple: Make an Athletics or Acrobatics check contested by the grappler's Athletics check to escape a Grapple. )
[22:06] <Kayalia> 1d20+7 acrobatics to escape grapple
[22:06] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(5)+7 'acrobatics to escape grapple']: 12
[22:06] <DM_Tol> Kayalia this grip feels difficult to escape from as it squeezes you (ie. it’s a high DC). And, you feel maneuvering will prove more effective than trying brute force (ie. you have disadv on Str check)
[22:06] <DM_Tol> Kayalia attempts to get free and fails.
[22:06] <DM_Tol> Miri then Zeph)
[22:06] * Miri will once more reckless attack with her flaming sword.
[22:06] <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
[22:06] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(17, 9)+4 'adv']: 21
[22:06] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[22:06] <Miri> 2d6+6 slashing
[22:06] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(8)+6 'slashing']: 14
[22:06] <Miri> 2d6 fire
[22:06] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(3) 'fire']: 3
[22:07] <Terres> (its fine… Miri can solo this thing)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> The creature takes Miri’s attack, and looks a little bit wounded.
[22:07] <DM_Tol> (Zeph, Terres)
[22:07] * Zephyra tries to aid miri with her stick of stickyness
[22:07] <Zephyra> 1d20+5
[22:07] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d20(11)+5]: 16
[22:08] <DM_Tol> (huh?)
[22:08] <Zephyra> <pokes with quarterstaff>
[22:08] <DM_Tol> (pokes what?)
[22:08] <Zephyra> <the rock monster?>
[22:08] <DM_Tol> (ok)
[22:08] <Zephyra> 1d6+3 if hit
[22:08] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d6(2)+3 'if hit']: 5
[22:09] <DM_Tol> Zephyra swings with her quarterstaff but it bounces off the natural armor.
[22:09] * Terres looks frustrated as he lobs another Eldritch blast at the creatures eye
[22:09] <Terres> 1d20+5
[22:09] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(17)+5]: 22
[22:09] <DM_Tol> (hit, btw. there are no ‘called shots’, as in you hit the eye and it’s now blind)
[22:10] <Terres> (yeah i know just trying to aim for the middle this time so i dont miss)
[22:10] <Terres> 1d10+2 dmg
[22:10] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(4)+2 'dmg']: 6
[22:10] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[22:10] <DM_Tol> Terres hits the creature as it slings out its tentacles again.
[22:10] <DM_Tol> 1d2
[22:10] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(2)]: 2
[22:11] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Miri
[22:11] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(14)+6 'vs Miri']: 20
[22:11] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Terres
[22:11] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(14)+6 'vs Terres']: 20
[22:11] <DM_Tol> Miri and terres both get caught in tentacles, and are Restrained.
[22:11] <Miri> (spi;d jave beem advamtage against me)
[22:11] <Ash> (Life is not good for Miri)
[22:11] <Terres> (do the tentacles do any dmg?)
[22:11] <Ash> (That hit her in the mouth and now she's slurring all her speech)
[22:11] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 bite on Zephyra
[22:11] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(13)+6 'bite on Zephyra']: 19
[22:11] <Miri> (:P)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> (the tentacles do no damage so far)
[22:12] <Miri> (aah ok)
[22:12] <Zephyra> <ouchies…>
[22:12] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> (didn’t need the adv. hehe)
[22:12] <Miri> (and it's an athletics or acrobatics check to escape?)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> (hit, Zeph?)
[22:12] <Miri> (true)
[22:13] <Zephyra> <yup>
[22:13] <DM_Tol> 4d6+4 piercing damage
[22:13] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 4d6(19)+4 'piercing damage']: 23
[22:13] <DM_Tol> The bite tears into Zephyra’s flesh.
[22:13] <Terres> (bah should have paid attention i thought the tentacles do dmg, there goes my plan)
[22:14] * Zephyra takes a nap on the bed of teeth
[22:14] <Miri> -rule restrained
[22:14] <DM_Tol> Zephyra falls limp before the creature
[22:15] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[22:15] * Ash feels on the losing side of the healing war, and goes full tilt on the healing this time…
[22:15] <Ash> 1d4+2 healing word to Zeph.
[22:15] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(1)+2 'healing word to Zeph.']: 3
[22:15] <Ash> 1d4+2 healing word to Miri
[22:15] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(4)+2 'healing word to Miri']: 6
[22:16] <Ash> (End action and 1st level spells)
[22:16] <DM_Tol> Zephyra you awaken prone in front of the creature.
[22:16] <Zephyra> <im not dead yet>
[22:17] <Ash> (No but keep it up and you may be.)
[22:17] <Terres> (soon Zeph soon)
[22:17] <DM_Tol> *Round 4*
[22:17] <DM_Tol> The situation is, your two front attackers are badly damaged…
[22:17] <DM_Tol> The rock creature is restraining and grappling three of you.
[22:18] <Kayalia> 1d20+7 acrobatics to escape grapple
[22:18] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(6)+7 'acrobatics to escape grapple']: 13
[22:18] <Kayalia> (>.>)
[22:18] * Ash yells “WHEN THIS IS OVER, WE ARE GOING UPSTAIRS TO GET YOU ALL RANGED WEAPONS!”
[22:18] <DM_Tol> Kayalia wrestles free.
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (You can still move if you like)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (you can not attack. Escape was your main action)
[22:19] * Kayalia withdraws back to whatk she hopes is the extent of the tentacles' reach while thinking of a plan to save the front line comarades.
[22:20] <DM_Tol> -init report
[22:20] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Kayalia 13, Miri 12, <DM_Tol, 11, Zephyra 9, Terres 8, RockMonster, 7, Ash 1
[22:21] <DM_Tol> (miri)
[22:21] <Kayalia> (what would our party estimate the range of the tentacles to be?)
[22:21] * Miri will use reckless attack once more and slash at it with her flaming sword.
[22:22] <Miri> 1d20+4
[22:22] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(18)+4]: 22
[22:22] <Kayalia> (it got me from 15' away before)
[22:22] <Miri> 2d6+6 slashing
[22:22] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(10)+6 'slashing']: 16
[22:22] <Miri> 2d6 fire
[22:22] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(8) 'fire']: 8
[22:22] <DM_Tol> (hmm, you’ve seen it shoot 30ft, and looked like could still go further)
[22:22] <DM_Tol> Miri hits the creature recklessly.
[22:23] <Kayalia> (I am 45' away atm.. u_u)
[22:23] <Terres> (do i have disadvantage on spell casts or is it only for attacks)
[22:23] <DM_Tol> The creature reels, looking now more than halfway damage you surmise.
[22:23] <Ash> (If you are in melee range of a creature, you have disadv.)
[22:24] <DM_Tol> (any attacks that use an attack roll)
[22:24] <DM_Tol> (He means from the restrained condition)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> Zephyra then Terres)
[22:26] * Zephyra will assess the poor choices and scramble to her feet to get away from the creature. Use Ki pt to Disengage, rise, and gtfo
[22:27] * Terres tries to escape the grip
[22:27] <DM_Tol> ok, then you can double move, which is twice movement
[22:27] <Terres> 1d20+1 Acro
[22:27] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(12)+1 'Acro']: 13
[22:27] <Zephyra> <half a move is used to get up from prone correct?>
[22:28] <DM_Tol> Terres wriggles free from the tentacle.
[22:28] <DM_Tol> (yes)
[22:28] <DM_Tol> (so you have 1.5 movement left)
[22:28] * Terres moves away from the tentacles reach
[22:31] <DM_Tol> (I called it double move, but sorry, in 5e it’s the Dash action)
[22:32] <Zephyra> <got it. i be good>
[22:32] <DM_Tol> The creature lets fly its tentacles
[22:33] <DM_Tol> … which appear to have a reach of 40 ft.
[22:33] <Kayalia> (eeek)
[22:33] <DM_Tol> The tentacles streak towards you Kayalia and Terres and stop short.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> It shores up its grip on Miri shifts her right in front of it, and chomps down.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> (with advantage?)
[22:34] <Miri> (yep)
[22:34] * Kayalia grows a little wide-eyed yet relieved at just about how close she was to being in range of the creature's reach.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 adv bite attack
[22:34] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(18, 8)+6 'adv bite attack']: 24
[22:34] <DM_Tol> 4d6+4
[22:34] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 4d6(16)+4]: 20
[22:35] <DM_Tol> The creature sinks its teeth into Miri’s flesh, and bites down hard.
[22:35] <Miri> (meh, only 10 hehehe)
[22:35] <DM_Tol> (what are you at?)
[22:35] <Miri> ( i got 13 left)
[22:36] * Ash steps over to Zephyra and touchs her as he mumbles his last healing word in Miri's direction.
[22:36] <Ash> 2d8+2 hps to Zeph
[22:36] <TolBot> Ash's 2d8(12)+2 'hps to Zeph']: 14
[22:36] <Ash> 2d4+2 hps to Miri
[22:36] <TolBot> Ash's 2d4(6)+2 'hps to Miri']: 8
[22:36] <Miri> (and back to 21 woot)
[22:36] <Terres> (nickname YoYo)
[22:37] <Miri> (lol pretty much)
[22:37] <Ash> (Shalanda?)
[22:37] <Zephyra> <yay! im not almost dead>
[22:37] <DM_Tol> With Miri grapples and the rest of the party retreated to safe distance, so they think
[22:37] <DM_Tol> *this ends this session of Heroes of Azod ***

campaigns/the_forth/session_18_-_12-10-2017_-_combat.txt · Last modified: 2017/12/11 09:58 (external edit)