Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/6d257188c553d7f58056c95539d4b8da.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_17_-_12-03-2017_-_party_of_acid_and_getting_stoned
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/6d257188c553d7f58056c95539d4b8da.xhtml failed

[20:05] <DM_Tol> * Game Recap *
[20:05] <@Ryu> (Logs and Recap updated)
[20:05] * Shaddow is now known as Miri
[20:05] * Ryu is now known as Theirand
[20:05] * Zionia is now known as Zephyra
[20:05] <DM_Tol> When we last left our band of adventurers, they were reentering the hidden tunnel underneath the ancient castle grounds.
[20:06] <DM_Tol> After previously devising a plan to cross the acid pit on the level below, they retreated to the nearby cave, leaving Theriand and Dylan at the cave to assemble ladders while the rest returned to Neoma’s dome near Azod for supplies.
[20:07] <DM_Tol> Neoma introduced the group to the three additional “worthy” heroes she had recruited.
[20:07] <DM_Tol> With the new reinforcements, the whole group came back to the cave, where the friendly bear had been nearby.
[20:08] <DM_Tol> And now, in the morning, they came to the castle, opened the magical opening in the floor, and fought off the respawned Manes that dwell at the entrance.
[20:09] <DM_Tol> * As this 17th session of Können Land: Heroes of Azod begins *
[20:10] <DM_Tol> As the second Mane is dispensed with, the tunneled stairs below you echoe with the shriek of the dying demon, and then all goes silent.
[20:11] * Khophus – panting from more frustration than exercion, sheathes his blade.
[20:11] * Magestar (Mutter@sorcery-6c7og2.cpe.metrocast.net) has joined #grovewood
[20:11] <@Theirand> (Assuming I'm still constructing the ladder)
[20:11] <DM_Tol> * As this 17th session of Können Land: Heroes of Azod begins *
[20:11] * Theirand is now known as Theriand
[20:11] <DM_Tol> (no, the whole group has no come to the entrance to the stairs. whole group is together, with the ladder parts in tow)
[20:11] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Magestar
[20:12] * Terres looks at the others “That was unexpected!”
[20:12] <Terres> (Oi Mage)
[20:12] <Khophus> “Is everyone safe?”
[20:12] <@Magestar> (Sorry sick, haven’t gotten a lick of sleep in 32 hours until this afternoon around 5)
[20:12] <DM_Tol> The darkness below you beckons, a long straight stair case leading down, to the first level you’ve already explored.
[20:12] <Khophus> (eww)
[20:12] <Miri> (hi mage!)
[20:12] <DM_Tol> (so sorry, Mage)
[20:12] <Zephyra> <no sickies allowed!>
[20:13] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[20:13] <Theriand> (guess that means I have to go then.. if no sickies allowed :P)
[20:13] <Ash> (Well I’ll likely be leaving early tonight, and in a less participatory spirit)
[20:14] * Khophus looks at everyone, searching for an answer.
[20:14] <DM_Tol> The stairwell into the depths below is about 6ft wide, with a 8 ft tall ceiling.
[20:14] * Zephyra glances about the room. “I suppose that is the way?”
[20:14] * Terres takes a look down the stairs looking for more suprizes
[20:15] <DM_Tol> (The previous marching order was: Dylan Khophus Ash Theriand Miri Please give me a revised default marching order.)
[20:15] <Theriand> (I'll still be in the middle, I'm squishy afterall)
[20:15] <Khophus> (Still in second to swing over Dylan)
[20:16] <Zephyra> <ill take spot 3 then cause i dunno wher eim going, but i got a big steek>
[20:16] <Terres> (I'll follow the front runners)
[20:17] <Ash> (I like my home in the dead center)
[20:17] <Terres> (“dead” is a very poor choice of words given how tolbot rolls lately)
[20:17] <DM_Tol> ( if you all would also please private message me an updated one-line character details in this format: )
[20:18] <DM_Tol> ( CharacterName (PlayerChannelName): Elf Wizard/AC:10/MaxHP:10/PassPercept:10/PassInvest:10/Init:+1/Speed:30 )
[20:18] <DM_Tol> ( actually, don’t need the init in that )
[20:19] <Miri> (i'll be in the back)
[20:20] <DM_Tol> ( May plz change nick to Kayalia )
[20:21] <Khophus> -rule passive investigation
[20:21] <DM_Tol> (khophus, it’s just your investigation bonus plus 10)
[20:21] <+May> (Sorry my co-worker came over to my room, I'm helping him do time entry)
[20:21] <Khophus> (how do we figure passive investigation?)
[20:22] <Khophus> (oh, thanks)
[20:22] <Terres> (done)
[20:22] <Khophus> (sent out)
[20:24] <Miri> (done)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (ok, this the standard marching order? Dungeon marching order: Dylan Khophus Zephyra Terres Ash Theriand Kayalia Miri )
[20:25] <Dylan> (sorry dinner)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> The group quickly heads down into the stairwell, to reduce its exposure to the tall tower in the back of the grounds, where you know the demon horde resides.
[20:25] <Dylan> (yup ill go first
[20:25] <Ash> (That looks good to me.)
[20:26] <DM_Tol> You descend the stairs, the eight of you in a row.
[20:26] <DM_Tol> After a level’s worth of descent, you come to the stone door, with the ancient writings above it that you’ve previously deciphered that hint at the passowrd you need to speak.
[20:27] <DM_Tol> Fortunately, the door had previously been open and is still ajar.
[20:27] <DM_Tol> You squeeze your way through, which takes some effort with the ladder pieces that Dylan and Theriand assembled.
[20:28] * Khophus unsheathes his sword and hunches down a little – ready for combat
[20:28] <DM_Tol> You follow the 90 degree turn after the door and enter the long corridor.
[20:28] <Theriand> (well lit, dark?)
[20:29] <DM_Tol> ( Ash and Theriand and Zephyra have darkvision. Remind me who is casting light or carrying a torch?)
[20:29] <Terres> (I think i have it too)
[20:30] <Theriand> (thats why I was asking, I can cast Dancing Lights if needed)
[20:30] <Khophus> (I'm going to rely on the others for light, since my hands are full ass-kickin' metal!)
[20:31] * May is now known as Kayalia
[20:31] * Miri whispers “Marshmallow” and her sword flames up.
[20:32] <DM_Tol> Miri lights up her sword to serve as a torch.
[20:32] <DM_Tol> (your gonna need one more torch carrier for a group your size)
[20:33] <Theriand> (I can do dancing lights as needed, think i can move them with us as well)
[20:33] <Theriand> (yea, I can make up to 4 lights that cast 10' of light, and move them as a bonus action up to 60')
[20:33] <DM_Tol> (I don’t think dancing lights serve as a replacement for torchlight)
[20:34] <DM_Tol> (require concentration?)
[20:34] <DM_Tol> You each make the corner and head into the long hall.
[20:34] <DM_Tol> The smell of acid permeates the room.
[20:34] <Theriand> (doesn't say… it has a 1minute duration, but I can recast as needed since its a cantrip)
[20:35] <DM_Tol> You move towards the pit before you, which is a trap that was triggered by the two dead souls you see at the bottom of the pit, nearly only skeletons now, with their gear flung about.
[20:36] * Khophus shivers a little as he sees the skeletons.
[20:36] <DM_Tol> ( a non-mage in the party is gonna have to volunteeer to carry a torch)
[20:36] <Khophus> “That is no way to die.”
[20:36] * Khophus sheathes his sword. “I need a torch to see.”
[20:37] <Ash> (I’ll carry one for now)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> As you previously surmized, the floor opened up and these two fell into the pit which contained or filled with acid. The acid is now down to a level that only dampens the floor of the pit below.
[20:37] * Kayalia turns up her nose at the foul odor and unseeming demise of those two poor souls. “I've got a latern?”
[20:37] * Zephyra pulls out a torch and lights it up for the front end
[20:37] <Miri> (brb)
[20:38] <Terres> (i assume all the gear those guys in the trap had is aleady destroyed by acid?)
[20:38] <Zephyra> “
[20:39] <Zephyra> “It smells wonderful down here…“
[20:39] <Dylan> “yumm”
[20:39] * Khophus looks at the pair oddly.
[20:40] <Khophus> “Did someone shove orange peels up your nose? This is horrible.”
[20:40] * Kayalia quirks an eyebrow.
[20:40] * Zephyra smirks and shrugs. “Living in the gutters, you get used to it.”
[20:41] <DM_Tol> You start to lay down and assemble your ladder.
[20:41] <Khophus> “What gutters do you live at?”
[20:42] <DM_Tol> (i’ve lost the pit dimensions, can someone find in the logs? it’s like 20ft long, 60ft deep?)
[20:43] <Miri> (back)
[20:43] * Terres looks over the acid pit for any gear that might be worth salvaging
[20:45] <DM_Tol> Terres you peer down at the figures and their gear, which two party members tell you they’ve been down into the pit prior.
[20:45] <DM_Tol> ( gonna assemble your ladders? )
[20:45] <Zephyra> “The ones that line the outskirts of the poverish Azod” She glances to the acid pit. “So…we are trying to get over that little mess then?”
[20:45] <Khophus> (brb)
[20:45] <Ash> (30’ deep by memory, 20’ long)
[20:45] <Miri> “yes, the stone is too smooth for anyone to cross by climbing.”
[20:46] <Theriand> ( [19:53] <DM_Tol> It is a pit that spans nearly the whole width of the tunnel, and goes for 15 ft. Down 35ft below is a wet bottom of the pit. )
[20:46] <DM_Tol> You make quick work of the ladder pieces you brought. in under half an hour you have lowered a ladder into the pit, and descended and made your way to the other side and laid the ladder heading up and out, all the time carefully avoiding the pools of moist acid about.
[20:47] <Terres> “I will assume there are more traps about”
[20:47] <DM_Tol> Terres the gear is mostly eaten up… little textile left, and bow here and a sword there, both ruined by the acid.
[20:48] <DM_Tol> One skeleton has a simple stone medallion on a chain around its neck, it looks ruined from the acid.
[20:49] * Terres looks over the corpses “We should be carefull of more traps going deeper”
[20:49] <DM_Tol> One of the party members tells Terres of the glyphs and writings on teh walls above that they saw.
[20:49] <DM_Tol> 1. A set of of figures descending stairs.
[20:49] <DM_Tol> 2. a wall of flames engulfing a long hall, followed by a spikes falling from a ceiling
[20:49] <DM_Tol> 3. a glowing obelisk with figures around it bowing down.
[20:50] <DM_Tol> 1. Scene of an obelisk rising.
[20:50] <DM_Tol> 2. Someone falling into a hole or pit.
[20:50] * Ash looks around the pit for a moment.
[20:51] * Terres looks over the glyphs
[20:51] <Ash> “It must have been a huge pain in the neck getting so much acid in here to fill this pit.”
[20:51] <DM_Tol> On the walls of the pit, you can discern that the acid at one point was quite high.
[20:51] <Miri> (have i seen that medallian?)
[20:52] <DM_Tol> (the glyphs were in a building back up on the surface)
[20:52] <DM_Tol> (The medallion is a weird shape, and not familiar. It looks ordinary (no magical)
[20:52] <Khophus> (back)
[20:52] * Miri will take the medallion anyway, unless someone else does.
[20:52] <DM_Tol> (Roll investigation check, Ash Terres and Miri)
[20:53] <Miri> 1d20+1
[20:53] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(8)+1]: 9
[20:53] <Terres> 1d20+2 investigation
[20:53] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(16)+2 'investigation']: 18
[20:53] <DM_Tol> Miri you lift the partially dissolved stone shape, and the chain falls off from erosion as you do.
[20:53] <Ash> 1d20 (plus whatever bonus it should be)
[20:53] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(5) '(plus whatever bonus it should be)']: 5
[20:54] <DM_Tol> Terres you notice that a shape similar to the stone piece Miri holds, is carved on the hilt of the rusted, nearly destroyed sword.
[20:54] * Khophus looks around
[20:54] * Terres points to the sword and says “The shape seems to be matching that hilt”
[20:54] * Dylan looks at it
[20:55] * Zephyra takes a gander
[20:57] <Zephyra> “Good eye. Does it mean anything though?”
[20:57] <DM_Tol> The symbols are the same, mostly.
[20:57] * Miri shrugs “never know what might come in handy, lets take them both just in case.”
[20:58] <Terres> (Is it some sort of religios symbol?)
[20:58] <DM_Tol> ( You can make a religion or history check )
[20:58] <Terres> 1d20+2 religion check
[20:58] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(15)+2 'religion check']: 17
[20:59] <Miri> 1d20+1 history
[20:59] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(7)+1 'history']: 8
[20:59] <Terres> ( i seem to be blowing all my decent rolls on frivolous things tonight)
[20:59] <DM_Tol> The symbol does not look familiar to any of you.
[21:00] <Theriand> 1d20+1 history (for laughs)
[21:00] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(14)+1 'history (for laughs)']: 15
[21:00] <Terres> “Maybe we should grab those two just in case”
[21:01] * Miri pockets the medallian
[21:01] <Terres> (that is if someone else wants to , i will continue on to exit the pit as the acid smell is curling my nose hairs)
[21:01] <Khophus> (You're lucky – you have hair)
[21:02] <DM_Tol> You exit the pit one by one, careful not to step in the moist areas, which is most of the floor.
[21:02] * Zephyra will follow after to keep the way lit for the poor souls that cannot see in the dark.
[21:02] <DM_Tol> You ascend your excellent ladder plan and make it back up to the floor of the tunnel.
[21:03] * Khophus sighs in relief.
[21:05] <DM_Tol> Nearly overwhelmed by the acid fumes, you make your way from the pit, and at the end of the hallit widens just a bit (10ft) and you see a stone door.
[21:05] <Terres> “We shold try to reset and jam the trabdoors in case we need to make a quick exit!”
[21:05] <Terres> (trapdoors too)
[21:05] <Khophus> “Good idea – how so?”
[21:06] <DM_Tol> Terres you see a lever mechanism (that others had detected previously) for resetting the floor.
[21:06] <Miri> (oh right, it was on this side of the pit, i remember now)
[21:06] * Terres waits for everyone to exit then attempts to reset the trap
[21:07] <DM_Tol> It looks like it will take about half an hour to move the slabs of stone back up and reset the mechanism.
[21:07] <DM_Tol> (with 4 of you doing it)
[21:07] * Miri will help.
[21:07] * Khophus will do the heavy lifting.
[21:08] * Terres will gladly leave the physical labor to the others
[21:08] * Ash- (TheNighting@sorcery-6c7og2.cpe.metrocast.net) has joined #grovewood
[21:08] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Ash-
[21:08] <Miri> (wb)
[21:08] <@Ash→ (no repost needed)
[21:08] * Zephyra offers some assistance where she can
[21:08] <Ash> (Ditto)
[21:08] <Miri> (ack, two mages!?)
[21:08] * Ash (Mutter@sorcery-6c7og2.cpe.metrocast.net) Quit (Quit: Mutter: www.mutterirc.com)
[21:09] * Ash- is now known as Ash
[21:10] <DM_Tol> Some of you stair at the door at the end of the tunnel, while others reset the floor.
[21:11] <Khophus> “So far, this is far more pleasant than last time.”
[21:11] * Ash examines the door
[21:11] <Miri> “don't say that so loud. it might hear you.”
[21:12] <DM_Tol> ( can roll an investigation on the door any of you )
[21:12] <Theriand> 1d20+3 investigation
[21:12] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(15)+3 'investigation']: 18
[21:12] <Ash> 1d20+2 investigation
[21:12] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(16)+2 'investigation']: 18
[21:13] <DM_Tol> There is not writng above this door, otherwise looks of the same construciotn as the first.
[21:14] <Khophus> 1d20-1 Investigation
[21:14] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(2)-1 'Investigation']: 1
[21:14] <Khophus> (aaaaand I go blind)
[21:14] <Terres> (can stonecunning help here or just pure investigation?)
[21:15] <DM_Tol> Theriand and Ash you see a spot on the door where the stone feels a little different. You see a little ancient symbol on the spot.
[21:15] * Ash examines it closer
[21:15] <Theriand> “Theres something, something on the door,” he points to the spot
[21:16] <Terres> 1d20+2 investigation (+4 if stone cunning)
[21:16] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(16)+2 'investigation (+4 if stone cunning)']: 18
[21:16] <DM_Tol> Terres it is an ancient dwarven symbol for Acid.
[21:17] <Terres> “Its dwarven for acid”
[21:17] <DM_Tol> * click * Some of you finish raising one side of the trap door. Only one side to go.
[21:17] <Theriand> (Hey hey, I speak Dwarvish too XD)
[21:18] <Terres> (but can you READ dwarven)
[21:18] <Zephyra> “Heave Ho”
[21:18] <Theriand> (Dwarven, Common, Elvish, and Draconic to be exact)
[21:18] <DM_Tol> (it’s an ancient rare symbol)
[21:18] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) Quit (Quit: )
[21:19] <Khophus> “Well…at elast they tried to warn us.”
[21:19] <Miri> “Or this could be where the acid was or is stored.”
[21:20] <DM_Tol> The layout of the hall is such that there’s not a clear path for acid in this area to make it to the pit.
[21:20] <Khophus> “Why store it in a pit? Why not jars marked 'acid'?”
[21:20] <Miri> “I'm saying they might have jars of acid in there. Or it's another acid trap. Who knows? Has someone checked for traps yet?”
[21:21] * Ash lets out a small sigh.
[21:21] <DM_Tol> (same as the investigation check)
[21:22] <Terres> 1d20+2 investigation
[21:22] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(19)+2 'investigation ']: 21
[21:23] <Terres> (thats for tarps if i am reading that right and also is there a way to check my rolling average for this session?)
[21:25] * Khophus looks around again – making sure that no one is trying to sneak up on them.
[21:25] * Atreyu (AndChat2976@sorcery-usd7lt.fv4m.6kol.fb90.2607.IP) has joined #grovewood
[21:25] <Ash> (They would have to go over a pit to catch up with us)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> You find no traps. Just a door with seams that indicate it’s been ages since it opened, and one spot on the door where the stonework in that patch is distinctive in quality, with the ancient symbol for acid on it.
[21:27] <Terres> “Maybe we need to splash some acid on it”
[21:27] <DM_Tol> ( -log Terres ) you can private message that to TolBot
[21:28] <Ash> “Worth a shot”
[21:28] <DM_Tol> You look to the pit and the ladder still gains access to the acid below.
[21:30] * Terres steps to the pit and makes a gesture and speaks a word(Mage Hand)
[21:30] <DM_Tol> Terres gathers a small puddle of acid into a Magic Hand from one of the pools below.
[21:30] <Terres> ( i want to magehand to get a piece of cloth or something from the pit, dip in acid and then bring it to the symbol)
[21:31] <Zephyra> “Would you like to fill a flask or two?”
[21:31] <Terres> (didnt someone grab some flasks in that equipment room?)
[21:31] <DM_Tol> (I’m oke with a mage hand cupping a couple table spoons of acid)
[21:31] <Khophus> (I did – you should ask him)
[21:31] <Zephyra> <i did>
[21:31] <DM_Tol> (yes, someone grabbed some vials)
[21:31] * Atreyu watches
[21:32] * Atreyu is now known as Dylan
[21:32] <Terres> (i can get the mage hand to fill a vial or two in the pit too)
[21:32] <DM_Tol> (yes)
[21:32] <DM_Tol> Terres fills two glass vials with acid.
[21:33] <Terres> (now watch my halfbaked idea destroy the lock/door)
[21:33] <Kayalia> (or your face)
[21:35] <Terres> (man i am sorry for Tol having to juggle all of us in a single session)
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (np. so, now pouring one of the vials on the patch ?)
[21:35] <Miri> (hey i'm being quiet and working on resetting this trap :P)
[21:35] <Terres> (just a small splash)
[21:36] * Khophus takes a knee.
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Terres splashes a vial of pit acid onto the patch on the door…
[21:37] <DM_Tol> and in spectacular fashion, the distinctive stone that made up the patch sparkles and dissovles away, leaving the stone of the door behind it intact, revealing an interestingly-shaped hole in the stone.
[21:37] <Terres> (you said sparkles, as in NOT melts?)
[21:38] <DM_Tol> (it dissovles away, in sparks, chemically reacting to the acid)
[21:39] * Khophus covers his nostrils.
[21:40] * Terres checks out the hole left by acid
[21:40] <Khophus> “Is it well?”
[21:40] <DM_Tol> The shaped whole is part of a circular cylinder, looks like.
[21:41] <Terres> (its an arm chopper i assume)
[21:42] * Terres makes sure there is no leftover acid then feels with his fingers inside the cylinder carefully
[21:42] <DM_Tol> The rest of the gruop finishes with the trap door. It is reset, and will now trigger when stepped on.
[21:42] <DM_Tol> It feels like stone.
[21:43] <DM_Tol> It is cut into an odd shape, one you are not familiar with.
[21:43] <Ash> “Didn't one of you pick up a medallion?
[21:43] * Miri dusts her hands off and then holds up the medallion “i did”
[21:44] <DM_Tol> Miri you move forward and see Ash pointing at a hole in the door whose shape matches the stone piece you picked up in the pit.
[21:44] * Miri slides it into the hole.
[21:45] <DM_Tol> MIri, as you insert it and press firm, it clicks into place perfectly.
[21:45] * Khophus flinches
[21:46] <DM_Tol> ( *Reward Inspiration point to Terres for discerning the acid puzzle to reveal the keyhole* )
[21:46] * Miri steps back a few steps rather quickly.
[21:46] <Terres> (ooh)
[21:46] <DM_Tol> You step back and leave the stone in place.
[21:47] <Terres> “Try to turn it?”
[21:48] * Ash tries it out.
[21:48] <DM_Tol> Ash turns the stone and hear * click * as the door then creaks, and ancient latch triggering, as the door swings open a couple feet.
[21:49] * Terres gets behind one of the fighters in case demons decide to jump out
[21:50] * Zephyra readies her stick of thwacking
[21:50] * Theriand just sits quietly waiting for all hell to break loose.
[21:50] * Khophus looks down at Terres
[21:50] <DM_Tol> ( a demon jumps out from BEHIND the fighters )
[21:50] * Atreyu (AndChat2976@sorcery-3am.puh.214.64.IP) has joined #grovewood
[21:50] * Khophus gets his shield and sword ready.
[21:50] <Miri> “are we gonna need that medallian again you think?”
[21:50] <Terres> (a demon? hey i am not that ugly)
[21:51] <DM_Tol> A gust of stale air emanates through the doorway as it first opens, then goes still
[21:51] <Terres> “Worth keeping it”
[21:51] <Terres> “Shall we?”
[21:51] * Miri gets the medallion from the door.
[21:52] * Terres takes a step towards the door and takes a peak
[21:52] <DM_Tol> Through the door, it turns (90degrees) and then stairs descend.
[21:52] <Zephyra> “Let's head on…” She raises the torch up into the doorway so peeks may be had
[21:53] * Terres follows
[21:53] * Theriand follows quietly
[21:53] * Miri will once again bring up the rear with her sword lit.
[21:53] * Dylan (AndChat2976@sorcery-usd7lt.fv4m.6kol.fb90.2607.IP) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[21:53] <DM_Tol> You push the door open further with some effort and proceed through to the stairs.
[21:54] * Kayalia blends in with the crowd, as ever lost in serene thought
[21:55] * Khophus trails after Dylan.
[21:56] <DM_Tol> You descend the stairs, again about 6ft wide, 8ft tall cut into the stone.
[21:56] * Ash retakes his defensive position in the middle of the group.
[21:57] * Terres goes down watching the walls carefully for anything interesting or trap-like
[21:59] * Khophus listens for an ambush
[22:00] <DM_Tol> You reach the end of the stair and they level out, with a bend then again, as always, turning to the right.
[22:00] <Miri> “have we been walking in a spiral?”
[22:01] <DM_Tol> This passage is a wider hall, with the stone much rougher cut. 20ft wide, with crevices on the walls and the ceiling high 20ft up above.
[22:01] <Ash> “It makes sense if we have, sort of a reverse tower.”
[22:01] <Khophus> “Not really.”
[22:02] <Zephyra> “At least it is opening up a bit more. Could have gotten much tighter.”
[22:02] * Khophus shrugs
[22:04] <DM_Tol> Ahead there are rocks jutting out from the walls and floor and ceiling.
[22:04] <DM_Tol> On the wall beside the stairs, you see a marking on the wall.
[22:04] <DM_Tol> “ “
[22:06] * Khophus looks around for a lever, knob or anything like that.
[22:06] <Kayalia> ( I need to hit the hay, gotta wake in like 5-6 hrs :( )
[22:06] * Terres tries to think on the glyphs we have seen earlier
[22:07] <DM_Tol> (night)
[22:07] <Terres> “Wasnt there some drawings about stairs, hallway with flames and spikes falling from the ceiling?”
[22:07] <DM_Tol> Dylan are you here?)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> (Atreyu ?)
[22:07] <Terres> (night)
[22:08] * Kayalia (maymagic16@sorcery-s0r.qbg.53.12.IP) Quit (Quit: smeepy)
[22:08] <Ash> “I believe there was a similiar mark on the floor above, but with one line perhaps?”
[22:09] * Terres checks for further traps
[22:09] <Terres> (investigation?)
[22:09] <DM_Tol> (roll)
[22:09] <Terres> 1d20+2 investigation
[22:09] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(17)+2 'investigation']: 19
[22:11] <DM_Tol> You do not see any traps or levers. You do, however, think you see a movement behind a stalagmite over to the right.
[22:11] * Terres alerts the others to the movement
[22:12] * Khophus turns to face it, sword and shield at the ready.
[22:12] <Khophus> “Who goes there?”
[22:13] <DM_Tol> You move towards the rock outcropping, and find it’s empty behind it.
[22:13] <DM_Tol> But in fact, the actualy stone structure itsel produces tentacles and begins to attack you.
[22:14] <Khophus> (son of a…)
[22:14] <DM_Tol> In precise timing, a stalactite drops from the ceiling and attacks from two places as well.
[22:14] <Zephyra> “Well…thats not nice…“
[22:14] <Ash> “What the heck is that!?!”
[22:14] <Theriand> “Falling spikes from the ceiling…“
[22:14] <Miri> (and cue tpk lol)
[22:15] <DM_Tol> (If you want the map: http://bit.ly/battlegrid )
[22:15] <DM_Tol> ( Tab: RockMobs )
[22:15] * Retrieving #grovewood modes…
[22:15] <DM_Tol> -init rolls plz
[22:15] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[22:15] <Ash> 1d20
[22:15] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(4)]: 4
[22:15] <Zephyra> 1d20+2
[22:15] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d20(16)+2]: 18
[22:16] <Miri> 1d20-1
[22:16] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(19)-1]: 18
[22:16] <Khophus> 1d20+1 Initative (GRAAAAHEE!)
[22:16] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(14)+1 'Initative (GRAAAAHEE!)']: 15
[22:16] <Miri> (of course that's what i get the good roll on)
[22:16] <DM_Tol> 1d20 for Rocks+1
[22:16] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(9) 'for Rocks+1']: 9
[22:16] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[22:16] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(15)+1 'init']: 16
[22:16] <Theriand> 1d20+2 init
[22:16] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(13)+2 'init']: 15
[22:16] <DM_Tol> 1d20 for Kayalia
[22:16] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4) 'for Kayalia']: 4
[22:16] <DM_Tol> (missing Dylan)
[22:17] <DM_Tol> (this is hard, cause I desing an encounter for 8 of you, and when you go down two players, that spells trouble)
[22:17] <Zephyra> <we're all gonna die!>
[22:17] <Theriand> (we could always call it until we have a healthier party until next week)
[22:18] <Theriand> (I could probably squeeze in long enough for the encounter atleast, even if I have to be up early)
[22:18] <Khophus> (even if we have all the characters – these encounters aren't an armed walk through the park)
[22:18] <DM_Tol> (i’d like to go another 15)
[22:18] <Zephyra> <also…there be 2 Ze's>
[22:18] <DM_Tol> (fixed)
[22:18] <DM_Tol> 1d20 for Dylan
[22:18] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(5) 'for Dylan']: 5
[22:19] <DM_Tol> -init report
[22:19] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Zephyra 18, Miri 18, Terres 16, Khophus 15, Theriand 15, Rocks+1, 9, Dylan 5, Kayalia 4, Ash 4
[22:19] <DM_Tol> The three stone pillar monsters glare menacing teeth and begin swinging at you with tentacles.
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (Go Zephyra)
[22:21] <DM_Tol> (Go, Miri)
[22:21] * Zephyra lets the torch slip to the floor taking a defensive stance with her quarterstaff against the nearest <s1> and using her Thumaturgy to increase the light from the torch on the greound to provide light for everyone
[22:21] <Terres> (so cantrips are at will right?)
[22:22] * Miri moves to the nearest one (s3) and takes a whack with her long sword, while it's lit.
[22:22] <DM_Tol> (no, most take an action. The spell desc gives the time)
[22:22] <DM_Tol> (oh, as in, you can cast them as much as you want, yes)
[22:23] <Miri> 1d20+4
[22:23] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(5)+4]: 9
[22:23] * <DM_Tol swings and misses (Terres)
[22:23] <Terres> (yeah was ondering if i am truely a one trick pony or if i can do that one trick over and over again)
[22:24] * Terres faces the closest rock and casts Eldritch blast
[22:24] <Terres> 1d20+5 (thats including the Rod)
[22:24] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(11)+5 '(thats including the Rod)']: 16
[22:24] <DM_Tol> (that would be S1. hit)
[22:25] <Terres> 1d10+2 Blast
[22:25] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(2)+2 'Blast']: 4
[22:25] <DM_Tol> Terres hits the moving stone pilar with a blast (Khophus)
[22:25] <Terres> (no AoO?)
[22:26] * Khophus lashes out with his blade at the closest one (s1)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> (not this round)
[22:26] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[22:26] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(14)+5]: 19
[22:26] <Khophus> (crit!)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> (hasn’t attacked yet, so won’t give it)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> (why you say crit? roll was 14)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> (Hit)
[22:27] <Khophus> (I get crits on 19 or 20)
[22:27] <Terres> (can i also move a bit out of its range after my spell?)
[22:27] <Theriand> (nat19 or 20s)
[22:27] <DM_Tol> (yes)
[22:27] <DM_Tol> (move yourself on map)
[22:27] <Khophus> (oh…dang…)
[22:27] <DM_Tol> ( LoL )
[22:28] <Khophus> 1d8+3 (damage)
[22:28] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(2)+3 '(damage)']: 5
[22:28] <Khophus> (meh – at least I hit for a change)
[22:29] * Theriand tries something new and shoots a Ray of Frost at Stone Pillar S1, and then moves back
[22:29] <Theriand> 1d20+5
[22:29] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(9)+5]: 14
[22:29] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[22:29] <Theriand> 1d8
[22:29] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d8(2)]: 2
[22:29] <Atreyu> (sorry I'm at a thing)
[22:30] <DM_Tol> Khphus and Theriand damage the same pillar, which is nealy in shambles now.
[22:30] <DM_Tol> (i understand)
[22:31] <DM_Tol> The rock creatures retaliate, two of them dropping from the ceiling.
[22:31] <Atreyu> (after working a 14 hour day ugh)
[22:31] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3 vs Dylan
[22:31] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(9)+3 'vs Dylan']: 12
[22:31] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3 vs Miri
[22:31] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)+3 'vs Miri']: 18
[22:31] <Miri> (hit)
[22:31] <DM_Tol> The other, S1, swings a tentacles at:
[22:31] <DM_Tol> Khophus.
[22:32] <DM_Tol> 1d20+3
[22:32] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)+3]: 11
[22:32] <DM_Tol> 2d6 piercing damage on Miri
[22:32] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d6(9) 'piercing damage on Miri']: 9
[22:32] <Khophus> (ha! Miss)
[22:32] <Atreyu> (wife in fitting room so I am reading)
[22:32] <DM_Tol> (make that 5 HP damage actually)
[22:33] <Miri> (eeh?)
[22:33] <Miri> (i'm not raging so why is it less?)
[22:33] <DM_Tol> (yes, you Miri 5damage)
[22:33] <DM_Tol> (cause I was wrong on the height of the fall)
[22:33] <Miri> (oh, ok)
[22:33] <DM_Tol> Dylan gets attack)
[22:34] <DM_Tol> Kayalia and Ash can go too)
[22:36] <DM_Tol> (none of the three of you?)
[22:36] <Theriand> Kayalia has poofed)
[22:36] * Ash cautiously steps away from S3, and uses Sacred Flame on S1. (Whatever the move action is to safely leave a threatened square)
[22:36] <Miri> (disengage)
[22:36] <Ash> (Dex DC 12)
[22:37] <DM_Tol> (it’s disengate, and it uses the full action, but you surmise these creatures are’nt quick enough for an OA)
[22:38] <Terres> (would you say they are stoned?)
[22:38] <Ash> (Then step back and S1 can make that Dex save)
[22:38] <Theriand> (and they didn't even share)
[22:38] <Terres> (terrible hosts)
[22:38] <Zephyra> <boo>
[22:39] <Terres> (as soon as my phone gets some bars here i am leaving a scathing yalp review)
[22:39] <Khophus> (Reddit is going to hear about this!)
[22:39] <DM_Tol> 1d20+1 Dex save DC12
[22:39] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)+1 'Dex save DC12']: 9 (Fail)
[22:40] <Ash> 1d8 radiant damage
[22:40] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(4) 'radiant damage']: 4
[22:41] <DM_Tol> The stone figure is more damages, still upright. They move, each very slowly.
[22:41] <DM_Tol> ( no attack for you, Atreyu Dylan ?)
[22:41] <DM_Tol> A new round begins as the slow but sturdy rock monsters impede your progress.
[22:42] <DM_Tol> * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_17_-_12-03-2017_-_party_of_acid_and_getting_stoned.txt · Last modified: 2017/12/04 04:46 (external edit)