Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/4/4c42d3536c119e89c85a4553e7ab046d.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_15_-_11-5-2017_-_untitled
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/4/4c42d3536c119e89c85a4553e7ab046d.xhtml failed

[19:50] <DM_Tol> * Game recap *
[19:51] <DM_Tol> The group of adventurers made there way down into the tunnels below the ancient castle grounds. Two of the group remain at the top of the last flght of stairs, watching the rear.
[19:52] <DM_Tol> On the first level, you encountered a door that seemed to require a password, but had already been opened.
[19:53] <DM_Tol> You then entered a long hall, with a pit in the middle, a trap floor, which seems to have already been sprung.
[19:53] <DM_Tol> It is a pit that spans nearly the whole width of the tunnel, and goes for 15 ft. Down 35ft below is a wet bottom of the pit.
[19:54] <DM_Tol> As you peer into the pit, you see a couple skeletal figures, presumably the ones who knew the previous password, as the scent, acidic in nature, is strong.
[19:54] <DM_Tol> * As this 15th session of Können: Heroes of Azod begins *
[19:54] <Khophus> (Can I jump 15 ft?)
[19:55] <Ash> “Those might be the ones in the scenes on the wall above that fell into the pit.”
[19:55] <DM_Tol> -skill jump
[19:55] <DM_Tol> (you need to send that to TolBot for the answer
[19:55] <Khophus> (I guess that would be an athletics check)
[19:56] * Miri pinches her nose “i do not want to end up down there.”
[19:56] * Khophus moves back ten feet.
[19:57] <Khophus> “I can jump it and throw a rope for others to use to cross.”
[19:57] * Khophus sets down his shield.
[19:58] * Khophus digs in his feet, lowering into a sprinter's stance.
[19:58] <Khophus> (anyone got a better idea, say it soon…)
[19:58] <Miri> (an athletics check would be a strength type check right? so if i go into a rage i would get advantage ya?)
[19:59] <Khophus> (hang on)
[19:59] * Ash waits to see how this plays out.
[20:00] <Khophus> (when you make a long jump, you cover a number of feet up to your strength (17) if you move at least 10 feet on foot immediate before your jump – PHB 182)
[20:01] * Khophus starts sprinting towards the pit to jump it, huffing and puffing…
[20:01] <DM_Tol> Miri it IS an athletics check. don’t you have to be in combat to rage?
[20:01] <DM_Tol> You realize the the low ceiling will make it difficult to jump the chasm.
[20:01] <Miri> (i'd have to double check but i don't believe so, no)
[20:02] <Ash> (I could always slap her butt, that should piss her off.)
[20:02] <DM_Tol> ( Miri grows angry at the hold in the ground. hehe)
[20:02] * Ash glances around the area for signs there may be a hidden alternate passage or a way to fix the floor.
[20:02] <Khophus> (but not impossible?)
[20:02] <DM_Tol> (you can roll a percept ash)
[20:03] <DM_Tol> (not at all impossible, only difficult. as in, not a breeze. If there’s no obstacles, you don’t even have to roll)
[20:04] <Khophus> (Ehh – screw it, I cetainly don't want to live forever…)
[20:04] <DM_Tol> (so, to jump, make an athletics check (dc10) )
[20:04] * Khophus runs and jumps with a powerful thrust of his legs.
[20:04] <Ash> 1d20+2 perception
[20:04] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(2)+2 'perception']: 4
[20:04] <Khophus> 1d20+5 DC 10 …up,up and awaaaay
[20:04] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(10)+5 'DC 10 …up,up and awaaaay']: 15
[20:04] <Miri> (it does say “In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.” ←- not sure if that means i hav e to or not)
[20:05] <DM_Tol> (yes, Miri you have to be in battle)
[20:05] <Miri> (ok…is unclear to me but cool)
[20:06] * ^ThEeYe^ (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:07] <Khophus> (althought, the sight of a froth-mouthed halfling jumping a chasm is hilarious!)
[20:07] <^ThEeYe^> (hi all)
[20:07] <DM_Tol> (I take it back.. I think you CAN rage… just it won’t last long)
[20:07] <Khophus> (Hey!)
[20:07] <Miri> (that's what i was typing lol)
[20:07] <DM_Tol> Khophus leaps off the ledge, hoping to avoid the ceiling and land on the other side.
[20:07] <Miri> (hi sent!)
[20:08] <DM_Tol> ( Dex-acrobatic check DC10 )
[20:08] <DM_Tol> Ash you note that the opening does not leave a ledge enought to traverse on the sides.
[20:08] <Khophus> 1d20+1 DC 10 He sticks the landing!
[20:08] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(7)+1 'DC 10 He sticks the landing!']: 8
[20:08] <Khophus> (crap)
[20:10] <Ash> (He sticks the landing with minimal splash. The judges don't seem as impressed, and score him an 8.)
[20:10] <DM_Tol> Khophus falls 35ft down onto the acid covered floor of the pit.
[20:10] <Khophus> “oooOOOFFaaaaHHHHH! BURNING!”
[20:11] * Miri watches Khphus fall and then looks to ash “you have a rope?”
[20:11] <Khophus> (“THIS SEEMED LIKE SUCH A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME!”)
[20:11] <Ash> “Nope…moron.”
[20:11] <DM_Tol> (wanna roll your own damage? 3d6)
[20:12] <^ThEeYe^> (looks like i am in time for the interesting part :)
[20:12] <Miri> Oh wait, i have a rope.
[20:12] * Ash lets out a barely audible sigh.
[20:12] * Miri gets out her 50 feet of rope and heads near the edge “you ok down there Khophus?”
[20:13] <Khophus> roll 3d6 It's just a flesh wound
[20:13] <DM_Tol> (no ‘roll’)
[20:13] <Khophus> 3d6 merely a flesh wound
[20:13] <TolBot> Khophus's 3d6(5) 'merely a flesh wound']: 5
[20:13] <DM_Tol> (whew!!!)
[20:13] <Ash> (Apparently you wore the rubber boots this time)
[20:14] <Khophus> “Owowowowowow!”
[20:14] <DM_Tol> Khophus you land prone on a moist floor, suffering some lacerations. The odor of acid around you is pugnant.
[20:14] * Miri lowers the rope down to Khophus “grab hold ya big baby.”
[20:14] <Khophus> (Thankfully, I have these scales…and I should have picked black dragon…)
[20:15] * Khophus grabs the offered rope and starts to climb up.
[20:15] * Miri walks back a couple of feet and then plants her feet to anchor the rope.
[20:16] * Khophus carefully pulls himself up, pausing to make sure the others can anchor themsevles.
[20:16] <DM_Tol> Ash if you assist in pulling, you can both get him up no prob)
[20:16] * Ash helps with the rope pulling.
[20:17] <DM_Tol> Khophus you pull up back to the other side. You have to shuffle past two skeletons.
[20:17] <Khophus> “Don't touch me – I have acid.”
[20:17] <Miri> “don't desolve my rope!”
[20:17] * Khophus walks carefully past the skeletons, eyeing them warily.
[20:18] <DM_Tol> The sides are very smooth, but you can tell by the burn marks that the acid at some point was at least 5ft high, but has rescinded.
[20:18] <DM_Tol> 1d6 acid damage to Khophus
[20:18] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d6(3) 'acid damage to Khophus']: 3
[20:18] <DM_Tol> You make it to the top, but your skin burns for a time, eating at your flesh from landing prone on the wet floor of the pit.
[20:18] <DM_Tol> The pain is excruciating.
[20:19] * Khophus shakes as he tries to show that the pain isn't a factor.
[20:19] <Khophus> “Doing…doing fine…“
[20:19] <DM_Tol> (you can roll a con check of DC15)
[20:20] * Ash shakes his head in disbelief.
[20:21] <DM_Tol> Khophus a Con check of DC15 plz)
[20:22] <Khophus> 1d20+2 DC 15 Those blisters are healthy…
[20:22] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(5)+2 'DC 15 Those blisters are healthy…']: 7
[20:22] <DM_Tol> Khophus cannot restrain himself, and falls to the floor, crying like a baby, shrieking in pain until it subsides after a minute.
[20:22] <Khophus> (*sigh*)
[20:22] <Khophus> “I'm fiAAAAAYYYYYOWOWOWOWCHIE! OUCH! OW! AUUUGH!”
[20:23] <Miri> (so he is across from us now?)
[20:23] <DM_Tol> So, before you is a pit that spans nearly the whole width of the tunnel, and goes for 15 ft. Down 35ft below is a wet bottom of the pit, with a couple skeletons at the bottom.
[20:23] <Miri> (i thought we pulled khophus out of the pit)
[20:24] <Ash> (We did)
[20:24] <Miri> (ok)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (he topped the ledge and then fell to the ground in agony)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (ie. I gave him a chance to roleplay as a big stud who could shake off the pain. he failed)
[20:26] <Miri> “well, one got across…which of us is next?”
[20:26] * Khophus shakes his head
[20:30] <Ash> “I didn't see any secret passages or ways of making the passage safer to travel. We could construct a bridge out of the trees outside, or maybe get a few rocks to walk across.
[20:30] <Khophus> (brb)
[20:30] <DM_Tol> Miri Khophus is with you on the near side of the pit)
[20:31] <Miri> (ooh i thought you said he got across, i'm sorry)
[20:31] <DM_Tol> (how would you have pulled him up to the other side using your rope?)
[20:32] <Miri> (i don't know!)
[20:32] <Ash> (magic)
[20:32] <DM_Tol> (he jumped, missed the landing trying to avoid the ceiling, fell, took damage, got covered in acid, you threw a rope down and pulled him up, he took acid damage)
[20:32] <DM_Tol> So, before you is a pit that spans nearly the whole width of the tunnel, and goes for 15 ft. Down 35ft below is a wet bottom of the pit, with a couple skeletons at the bottom.
[20:32] <Khophus> (…and there is the thunder)
[20:32] <Miri> [19:18] <DM_Tol> Khophus you pull up back to the other side. You have to shuffle past two skeletons. ←- that's what confused me :P)
[20:33] * Khophus slowly gets to his feet.
[20:33] <Ash> “So, anybody see a less painful way across?”
[20:33] <Khophus> “Perhaps…there's something to summon a bridge.
[20:34] <Miri> “none of us is a druid right?”
[20:34] <Ash> “Not that I know of.”
[20:34] <DM_Tol> (sorr for the confusion… I said “back to the other side”, cause he fell down below the far side, so he had to walk back to the other side to get up your rope)
[20:35] <Miri> “well, no growing of stones or anything then. I've heard they can do that. So what options do we have?”
[20:36] <Ash> “Build a bridge, make a path in the pit, find a different way to get across, like a trap reset lever or something.”
[20:37] <Khophus> “Find other way.”
[20:37] <Ash> “Well then start looking, because whomever built this likely had a way around it.”
[20:41] * Miri stars looking.
[20:41] * Khophus starts shuffling around, wiping at the stones and looking for more glyphs.
[20:42] <Miri> (investigation?)
[20:43] <DM_Tol> (sounds right)
[20:43] <Miri> 1d20+1 to snoop about.
[20:43] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(15)+1 'to snoop about.']: 16
[20:43] <Khophus> 1d20-1 Investigation
[20:43] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(1)-1 'Investigation']: 0 (Oh, no)
[20:43] <Khophus> (Pah!)
[20:43] <Ash> Khophus got some acid in his eyes.)
[20:44] * Ash doubles back a bit of a way to see if there might be something closer to the stairs.
[20:44] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[20:45] <Miri> (we are the worst ya'll)
[20:45] <Khophus> (…and this is why I'm a beat cop)
[20:46] <DM_Tol> (rolling, Ash?)
[20:46] <Ash> (sure)
[20:46] <Ash> 1d20+2 investigation
[20:46] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(2)+2 'investigation']: 4
[20:46] <Ash> (nope0
[20:46] <^ThEeYe^> (dabbing acid is bad)
[20:48] * Khophus sighs and sits down…then groans and stands up
[20:48] <Miri> (i got the best one?!)
[20:48] <DM_Tol> Miri your guess is that there are pressure plates under the trap door sides that are now in the fallen position. It looks like on the far side of the pit is something that might assist in resetting the trap.
[20:49] * Miri relays her guess to the group. “not sure what to do with that tho.”
[20:51] <Ash> “We get something that we can walk across in the pit so we can reset that walkway.
[20:53] <Miri> “this is making my head hurt. I'm not supposed to be the brains, i'm supposed to hit things….anyways back up top?”
[20:54] <Ash> “Yes, we'll go back up top, throw some rocks down that we can then use to walk across the pit unburned, and then reset the floor.”
[20:54] * Khophus nods
[20:55] * Miri makes a motion for ash to lead on.
[20:55] * Khophus follows
[20:55] * Ash returns topside to start getting pieces of rubble to throw into the pit.
[20:56] * Miri begins collecting as well.
[20:58] * Ash returns and discards said rocks into the pit in somewhat of a pathway order, then returns topside for more rubble.
[20:58] * Miri does the same.
[20:58] * Khophus carefully picks up rubble…grimacing as the odd scale flutters off.
[20:58] <DM_Tol> This being the first level, the group painstakingly goes up to get pieces of rubble, carry them down and toss intot he pit. After several trips and one instance of obliterating a skeleton who equipment goes flying all around the bottom of the pit, you have stones laid out.
[20:59] <DM_Tol> (1.5 hours later)
[20:59] <Khophus> “I should go first.”
[20:59] <Khophus> “If it can hold me, it can hold the rest of you.”
[20:59] <Miri> (is ash an elf? i forget)
[21:00] <Ash> “We can lower you down, but you'll have to figure out how to climb out the other side on your own.
[21:00] <Ash> (Tiefling)
[21:00] <Miri> (aaah)
[21:01] <Khophus> “I don't think climbing will be a problem.”
[21:01] <Ash> “The walls look pretty smooth.”
[21:01] * Khophus looks at the pit walls. (How smooth are they?)
[21:01] <Miri> “how about i go down, since i'm the lightest, and try to reset it?”
[21:02] <Khophus> “That sounds better.”
[21:02] <Miri> (the reset is at the bottom of the pit, ya?)
[21:03] * Khophus wait for the halfling to tie the rope off around her waist, grabbing the other end.
[21:03] <Ash> (Other side of the hallway)
[21:03] <Miri> (he's a human)
[21:03] <Khophus> (I thought…oh, wait)
[21:03] <Miri> (she even)
[21:04] <Khophus> (I';m confusing you with Shadow's character, apologies)
[21:04] <Miri> (i am shaddow lol that was my last one in mage's game)
[21:04] <DM_Tol> (the walls are not climbable)
[21:04] <Khophus> (Ghaah!)
[21:04] <DM_Tol> (rather, the walls are VERY difficult to climb)
[21:05] <DM_Tol> (the reset you suspect you see, is at the top)
[21:07] <Miri> (so the reset is on the other side of the pit?)
[21:08] <Khophus> (I can jump it!)
[21:09] <Miri> (brb)
[21:09] <DM_Tol> (you think you see something like a lever on the top side of the far side of the pit that might have something to do with resetting the floor)
[21:10] <Ash> (How far away is this lever?)
[21:10] * Khophus sighs and wraps the rope around his arms, getting ready to haul the human back up.
[21:12] <Ash> “Let me try something here.”
[21:13] <Khophus> “Sure.”
[21:13] * Ash tries to use Thaumaturgy to manipulate the lever.
[21:13] <DM_Tol> (ok, reading the DMG, the surfaces look “HARD” to climb)
[21:15] <DM_Tol> (Thaumaturgy does not apply here)
[21:16] <DM_Tol> (it’s for creating small wonders, like sound or sight of something. it’s not telekenesis.)
[21:16] <DM_Tol> (and which is more, from this distance, you don’t know how this thing works, even if you did have telekenesis)
[21:16] <Ash> (It does say it can cause an unlocked door or window to fly open or slam shut, semi-similiar effect)
[21:17] <Ash> (Worth a try in any case).
[21:17] <DM_Tol> (sure, but the intent of that is clear… it’s not for manipulating devices)
[21:17] * Ash tries to manipluate the lever, but doesn't seem to have much luck.
[21:17] <DM_Tol> (ok, that)
[21:17] <Miri> (back)
[21:18] <DM_Tol> (similar to how the desc says a flame can grow, but you can’t use that to DO something with the flame like to burn someone beside it)
[21:19] <DM_Tol> (ok, so catch me up on what you’re doing now?)
[21:20] <Ash> (Sending Miri down into the pit to try to get to the other side)
[21:21] * Khophus lets out the rope as Miri climbs down.
[21:22] <Miri> (once i get down to the bottom can i use two of my daggers to help me climb up the other side?)
[21:22] <DM_Tol> Miri you descend the 35ft to the bottom, landng on a stone.
[21:22] <DM_Tol> The floor below is wet with a layer of putrid acid.
[21:22] <DM_Tol> (daggers won’t aid in your climb)
[21:23] <Miri> (i couldn't stick them in the wall?)
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (it is a sheer stone wall. there aren’t crevaces and cracks to use)
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (I guess you can try that.)
[21:24] * Khophus looks over the edge.
[21:24] <DM_Tol> (are you talking repetitively, as in pull up a foot, pound into the wall, hulk style or something?)
[21:24] <Khophus> “All well?”
[21:24] * Ash peers down and watches.
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (best you could do wihtout special euqipment is plant something 6ft off the ground, which wouldn’t chang ethe need for a climb check)
[21:25] * Miri will try and see if she can force a dagger into the sheer wall or not. “give me a minute, i want to try something” she goes into a rage before attacking the wall with a dagger.
[21:25] <Miri> (i was hoping if i could stab the wall on my way up it would help with the dc of the check :P)
[21:25] <DM_Tol> (that is not possible)
[21:26] <Khophus> (there's another good visual…)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> Miri stabs the wall.
[21:26] <Khophus> “I wish I had wings.”
[21:26] <Miri> (it was worth a shot)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (roll STR check)
[21:26] <DM_Tol> (with adv if you want to rage)
[21:26] * Miri uses a reckless attack, with rage to get adv, cause why not.
[21:27] <Miri> 1d20+2 adv
[21:27] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(2, 20)+2 'adv']: 22 (Perfect!)
[21:27] <Miri> (and i waste a nat 20 on something that wont work lol of course)
[21:27] <DM_Tol> Miri plants a dagger into the wall 6ft up.
[21:28] * Miri begins her futile attempt at climbing.
[21:28] <Khophus> (“I would like to rage…and cross-fit”)
[21:28] <DM_Tol> (Athletics check 20)
[21:29] <Miri> (well i was thinking alternating daggers ll the way up, but oh well)
[21:29] <Miri> 1d20+4
[21:29] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(10)+4]: 14
[21:29] <DM_Tol> Miri tries to plant the second dagger higher but finds she has not the leverage to create enough force.
[21:30] <DM_Tol> (you can still have adv)
[21:30] <Miri> 1d20+4 just to see
[21:30] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(12)+4 'just to see']: 16
[21:30] <DM_Tol> Miri attempts to climb but falls partially up.
[21:30] <DM_Tol> (roll 1d3)
[21:30] * Miri sighs “it's not gonna work. haul me back up will you?” she calls up to the guys as she pulls her dagger out of the wall, maybe.
[21:30] <Miri> 1d3
[21:30] <TolBot> Miri's 1d3(1)]: 1
[21:31] <Miri> (is half of that nothing?)
[21:31] <DM_Tol> (roll 1d6 fall damage)
[21:31] <Miri> 1d6
[21:31] <TolBot> Miri's 1d6(2)]: 2
[21:31] <DM_Tol> Miri falls from the wall, landing prone in the acid below her.
[21:31] <Miri> (seriously, can you half 1? not sure how that works)
[21:32] * Khophus starts pulling Miri up
[21:32] <DM_Tol> (no, the 1d3 was to determine how high up you were when you fell)
[21:32] <Miri> (ooh ok, so just halfing the 2, kk)
[21:32] <DM_Tol> As you climbed, your rage subsided.
[21:33] <DM_Tol> (2 damage bludgeioning from the fall)
[21:33] <DM_Tol> Miri is prone on the acid floor.
[21:33] <Miri> (so the damage happened essentially on the next 'round'?)
[21:33] * Miri stands up.
[21:34] * Khophus pulls her up quickly. If the acid hurt him – a dragonborne – how much agony is the smaller one?
[21:34] <DM_Tol> (When 6 seconds go by wihtout you attacking an enemy or getting attacked, rage ends)
[21:34] <Miri> (i understand that, i was just figuring the fall was part of the one round that consisted of me climbing, just trying to get it all straight in my head is all)
[21:34] <DM_Tol> Miri gets up and steps on the stones back to the wall below her companions.
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (well, each action is a 6 second round, and one was attacking the wall, the next round was you climbing.)
[21:36] <Miri> (aaah, ok ok, thank you :D )
[21:36] <DM_Tol> (if it bothers you, take just 1hp. i don’t care)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Miri is pulled up by her companions.
[21:36] <DM_Tol> 1d6 acid damage
[21:36] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d6(2) 'acid damage']: 2
[21:36] <Miri> (no, i was just trying to get it straight in my head that's all. otherwise i don't learn do i?)
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Miri the acid on your skin burns with extreme pain.
[21:36] <DM_Tol> (np)
[21:37] * Khophus looks for a cloth or something to wipe the acid off
[21:37] <Ash> “I'm running out of ideas here.”
[21:37] <DM_Tol> The pain subsides after a minute.
[21:38] * Miri yawns. “I managed to get one dagger in, but the stone is just too smooth.” she looks more put out then anything. “could we get a board long enough to cover the hole to get across on? or are we missing something on this side?”
[21:39] <DM_Tol> (if you want yoru dagger back, you can say you hit it on the way down and it fell)
[21:39] * Khophus looks around and tries to remember where they saw wood…
[21:40] <Miri> (nah it's cool)
[21:40] <Ash> “We would have to find wood over 15 feet long and get it down those stairs some how.”
[21:41] <Khophus> “I think I saw some wood where we found the weapons.”
[21:43] <DM_Tol> (if you jumped with them holding onto a rope, and failed, you would be at risk for 1d6)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> Assessing, it would not be possible to get a 15ft long anything around the corner into this passage.
[21:45] <Ash> “We should get the others down here to see if one of them has input that would be of assistance.”
[21:45] <Miri> “we certainly aren't coming up with anything.”
[21:46] * Khophus starts to sit down…thinks better of it, then tries standing up, pacing to keep teh fatigue at bay.
[21:47] <Miri> (we've finally out VM'ed vox machina, and it didn't even take us a door. lol)
[21:48] <Ash> “I wonder if we could make a ladder.”
[21:49] <Khophus> (At least there's dignity in not being able to cross a pit, as opposed to not being able to open a *door*.)
[21:49] <Miri> “like gather limbs and build it down here?”
[21:49] <Khophus> “Sounds good.”
[21:49] <Miri> (i suppose so lol)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (jumping is still a viable, and good percentage option. If you have a rope tied to you, you would swing back to your side, slamming against the wall for 1d6)
[21:50] <Ash> “Indeed, seems safer, especially if we get enough scrap for 2 ladders.”
[21:51] <Khophus> “Or one long one.”
[21:51] <Ash> “Let's see what we can do then.”
[21:51] * Ash heads back to the surface.
[21:51] * Miri follows along.
[21:51] <DM_Tol> (plz describe the plan to make a ladder)
[21:53] <Ash> (Go to surface, find wood [trees], bring wood to basement, lash together somehow [leather, vines, roots, rope, etc], place ladders = victory)
[21:53] <Khophus> (cross pit with ladder + ?????? = profit)
[21:55] <DM_Tol> (ok ash, what, 10 hours of work you think?)
[21:56] <Ash> (5 characters working on 2 ladders, probably more like an hour a ladder)
[21:56] <DM_Tol> (I’ll have to remember to roll the % chance of being sited from the tower each time you surface :) So as not to forget your in enemy territory)
[21:56] <Ash> (maybe 2)
[21:56] <DM_Tol> (I don’t think there’s a stealthy way to strip branches. :) )
[21:58] <Khophus> (If we go deep enough into the woods, we won't have to worry about it)
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (once you have the materials gathered, it’s 5 person hours to make a 10ft ladder. )
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (using the item creation formula along with the cost of a 10ft ladder)
[22:00] <Khophus> “Shall we build the ladder? There's the woods near by.”
[22:01] <DM_Tol> (then there’s material gathering time, I need ot figure)
[22:01] <Ash> “We'll have to build it down here, or we won't get it down the stairs.
[22:02] <DM_Tol> (i had NO idea this would take so long to cross this pit :O )
[22:02] <Ash> (Well now I'm recommending we call it for the night, so our other companions can return next week, when we drop ladders in this pit.)
[22:03] <Khophus> (Good idea – I'm feeling a little fuzzy in my head.)
[22:03] <Miri> (i'm just really confused)
[22:03] <DM_Tol> (so, you’re wanting to build a 35ft ladder?)
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (40ft actually. )
[22:04] <Khophus> (40 ft, 11 inches)
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (did you just do the trigonometry?)
[22:04] <Ash> (Trying to build something that will get us past this challenge, so we can move on to getting burninated, mutilated, and devoured by what waits beyond.)
[22:06] <Khophus> (nope, I just know if the DM recommends X for length, I tack on 11 inches)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[22:07] <DM_Tol> The group heads up the stairs, thinking about a ladder.
[22:07] <DM_Tol> * As this session comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_15_-_11-5-2017_-_untitled.txt · Last modified: 2017/11/26 23:18 (external edit)