Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/b/b76340a711ed804308a42317019c8d50.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_13_-_10-15-2017_-_powering_up
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/b/b76340a711ed804308a42317019c8d50.xhtml failed

[18:03] <DM_Tol> * Game Recap *
[18:03] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[18:04] <DM_Tol> The group discovered much at the castle grounds, including a hidden hatch with stairs leading down to the depths below the castle.
[18:04] <DM_Tol> They returned to the outskirts of Azod to visit Neoma in her magical dome.
[18:05] <DM_Tol> After sharing their knowledge, they began to piece things together.
[18:06] <DM_Tol> Then, in the evening, Neoma once again was able to induce her empowerment ritual. As before, you go unconcious from the force of magic and incantation and incense.
[18:06] <DM_Tol> * As this Session of �Heroes of Azod� begins *
[18:06] <DM_Tol> You begin to awaken.
[18:06] * Khophus snorts once…sending a tendril of smoke out from his nostrils before stirring.
[18:08] * Ash stifles a yawn as he begins to awaken.
[18:08] * Miri blinks as she awaks and her hand flies up to her neck where she feels the weight of something there. Sitting just below her throat is a necklace with a pendant of a bear on it. Next to the bear is a single bear claw. (and not the doughnut kind :P) Her brows furrows. “What the…” she mutters to herself.
[18:10] * Dylan blinks
[18:10] <Dylan> (sorry distracted a second, had to buy star wars tickets)
[18:11] <DM_Tol> In some ways, you feel different
[18:12] * Dylan sneezes
[18:12] * Khophus sits upright. Even in his sleep-fogged filled mind, new things come to his attention. Replaying the attacks he's suffered recently, he sees new ways to do damage.
[18:13] <Dylan> “I had the strangest stream, I was eating a giant pudding. Now there's mud suspiciously close to where I was sleeping”
[18:13] <Khophus> (oh, yeah – I should do something about that…)
[18:13] <Dylan> (dream)
[18:14] * Ash looks at Dylan oddly like he crapped himself.
[18:15] <Dylan> “So what are we doing now?”
[18:15] <Khophus> “We should get going back to the tower.”
[18:17] <Ash> “Or perhaps we should split the treasures we've found thus far, sell what we don't need, and buy things that may aid us?”
[18:17] <Khophus> “That's a good idea, too.”
[18:18] <Khophus> “But I don't think I have anything to sell.”
[18:20] <DM_Tol> The vestige of Neoma is once again kneeling behind the wood block.
[18:21] <Dylan> “I don't think I have anything to sell either.”
[18:21] <DM_Tol> Neoma begins to to stir.
[18:21] <Dylan> “I suggest that we have one person keep what we get and deal with selling things.”
[18:22] <Khophus> “not me – Father tells me I have no head for figures.”
[18:22] * Khophus chuckles to himself.
[18:23] <DM_Tol> Neoma stands, �Good.“
[18:23] <DM_Tol> Neoma, �You all have survived the ritual.”
[18:23] <Ash> “Wait, there was a chance we could have died from it?”
[18:23] <DM_Tol> Neoma, �No, not really.�
[18:24] * Khophus opens his mouth, then stops and listens.
[18:25] <DM_Tol> Neoma, �How does everyone feel?
[18:25] <Miri> “stronger”
[18:25] <Dylan> “Good”
[18:25] <Ash> “I feel tingly, but I think in a good way.”
[18:25] <Khophus> “Better at warfare.”
[18:25] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �The skills you attain� it remains up to you to hone them, to practice, that you may increase in power.�
[18:27] * Dylan nods
[18:27] <Khophus> “Of course.”
[18:29] <DM_Tol> Neoma talks slower than usual, and looks not entirely opaque.
[18:29] <Khophus> “Are you well?”
[18:29] <DM_Tol> She looks at Khophus.
[18:29] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �The ritual is� taxing.�
[18:30] <Dylan> (did i miss two games?)
[18:30] <Khophus> “Do you need anything? Fruit? Tea? Mouse?”
[18:30] <Dylan> “Mouse?”
[18:30] <DM_Tol> (the last log didn�t make it up cause of Ryu�s power loss)
[18:31] <DM_Tol> Neoma straightens up, and speaks a bit more clearly �I have learned something.“
[18:31] <Ash> “What have you learned?”
[18:31] <Khophus> “Some people like to have a mouse as a sort of a comfort animal.”
[18:32] <Khophus> (You've made bad choices in recruiting us?)
[18:32] <Ash> “I had a mouse before all this happened.”
[18:32] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �I spent your evening researching. Something you said, more than once.�
[18:32] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �The obilisk��
[18:32] <Khophus> “See? Perfectly normal. I'll even wager he never ate the mouse. Not even once.”
[18:33] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �The images you described on the grounds walls, above the stairs…“
[18:34] <Khophus> “The…the…“
[18:34] * Khophus taps his forehead with his talon.
[18:35] <DM_Tol> �� a glowing obelisk, with figures around it bowing down”
[18:36] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And another image, of the obelisk � rising�
[18:36] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Is this correct?�
[18:37] * Dylan looks around
[18:38] * Ash tries to recall if that sounds right.
[18:39] <Ash> “Yes that's correct.”
[18:39] * Khophus is still trying to remember the order of the symbols…
[18:40] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods her head: �The bowing down� it is a ritual”
[18:41] * Dylan blinks
[18:41] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �A ritual that awakens it. This is how the Demon Lord has come to this plain. And how it remains here.�
[18:42] <Dylan> “Sorry, I'm a little dim… are you asking about the symbols that we saw in the castle thing?”
[18:42] <Ash> “Yes she is.”
[18:42] <Dylan> “I copied those down on paper.”
[18:42] * Dylan gets paper and hands them to Neoma
[18:42] <Ash> “More specifically the scenes painted on the walls, not the symbols used to get into the passages.”
[18:42] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Yes. I now believe they are describing one of the Pillars of Pyhrdo.�
[18:43] <Dylan> “I don't know my letters so good, and I'm no artist. But these are what i saw”
[18:43] <Khophus> “The what?”
[18:44] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Not a portal gate themselves, but an agent of enablment. The are imbued chaotic and evil will.”
[18:45] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And they have the power to enable a powerful Demon Lord to inhabit a hostile plain.�
[18:46] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Centuries go by without knowledge of one, but when they appear, or are found� they can be invoked with dark ritual to bring the demon, to seek death and destruction upon a world.”
[18:46] <Ash> “So these pillars need to be destroyed so this demon can't sustain its presence here?”
[18:46] <Khophus> (brb)
[18:47] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �It will be one pillar. Were two to appear on the same plain, it would destroy the world.“
[18:49] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �The coming of a Piller of Pyhrdo is an unholy and unwelcome fate for a land.”
[18:49] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �But in this news, from what you have learned and told me, it represents hope.�
[18:49] <Dylan> (question)
[18:49] <DM_Tol> (yes?)
[18:50] <Dylan> (is it plane or plain?)
[18:50] <DM_Tol> (hmm, it is plane, isn�t it� oops. thanks)
[18:50] <DM_Tol> (wasn�t thinking. Plane, as in Plane of Existence. )
[18:50] <Dylan> (ok i just wanted to be sure sure)
[18:51] <Dylan> (not being pedantic)
[18:51] * Dylan nods
[18:51] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Much you have grown� Heroes of Azod. But you have no chance to banish a Demon Lord.�
[18:52] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �But you can find this Pillar of Phyrdo� and seal it.�
[18:52] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And it seems, you have discovered its whereabouts.�
[18:52] <Dylan> “How do we seal it?”
[18:53] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �One of you learned that the castle was rumored ages ago to have found a great power� below. underneath, yes?�
[18:53] <Dylan> “There is something which happened underneath it with great power, yes”
[18:53] <DM_Tol> Neoma: ��deep down� I believe you said“
[18:53] <Dylan> (did we tell her about the dead guy already?)
[18:53] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And the images��
[18:54] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Descending stairs, winding tunnel halls.”
[18:54] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And then they dying humanoid.�
[18:55] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �In his last breaths, he said to you � below � and �seal�. True, he used the word �seal�?�
[18:55] * Dylan nods
[18:55] <Dylan> “I believe so”
[18:55] <Dylan> “Who was that man?”\
[18:56] <Dylan> “Have other parties been sent for this goal?”
[18:56] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �I believe this humanoid was an agent of Bureoma�
[18:56] <Dylan> “Remind me who Bureoma is?”
[18:57] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �A decade ago, she empowered an investigation from my realm, having detected the aberations. The corruptions beginning in this land. He was the last of her champions, and it seems learned enough to discern their quest.“
[18:58] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �I believe a century ago, this Pillar of Phyrdo appeared or was found in the depths below teh castle� and in time, the rituals were performed. You must undo what has woefullly been done.”
[18:59] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And while the champions sent by Bureoma failed. You will not. You can not.�
[18:59] <Khophus> “By destroying the pillars?”
[18:59] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Sealing. Sealing the pillar hidden below.“
[19:00] <DM_Tol> (see upstream she said there will be just one pillar. to have 2 on the same plane would destroy the whole world)
[19:02] <Khophus> (I call her bluff)
[19:02] <DM_Tol> (huh?)
[19:03] <Dylan> “What happened to Bureoma?”
[19:03] <Khophus> (never mind)
[19:04] <Khophus> “How would we seal the pillar?”
[19:04] <Dylan> “Also, if he failed a decade ago, how was he still dying when we found him?”
[19:04] <Ash> “Evil magic?”
[19:05] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �She remains on our world. Bureoma knew little of this, having not heard again from those who went. Soon I will seek her out.�
[19:05] <Dylan> “Evil magic that would keep people in the state of dying for a decade?”
[19:05] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “To seal the pillar��
[19:05] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Evil magic indeed� to sustain the mockery of life, to torture.. even to feed.�
[19:06] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �On the evil planes of of existence, worse magic even. A defilement of all life.”
[19:07] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “To seal the pillar��
[19:08] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �I am not certain.�
[19:09] <Miri> “so we need to seal the pillar, but we don't know how yet?” Looks slightly confused.
[19:09] <Khophus> “We should ask the learned men – mages, priests.
[19:10] <Ash> “Perhaps there are clues in the castle.”
[19:11] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �I found in an ancient tome, that sprinkles of oil will fall like ice when cast upon a pillar. This is how you can be sure of it.�
[19:11] <Khophus> “Just oil? Seems rather simple.”
[19:11] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �But to seal the pillar� I am not sure.�
[19:12] <Ash> “I would think that this pillar would be guarded by a particularly powerful demon minion if we were to find it. Is there a plan for dealing with such a foe?”
[19:12] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �From the time of the ritual, something will be sustaining it, I think the term was �recycling� its power. It works on a cycle.�
[19:13] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Whatever sustains it. Restarts it. Renews it. This cycle must be broken.�
[19:13] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And with this� the Pillar should be once again lost to this world.�
[19:13] * Khophus nods.
[19:13] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �And the Demon Lord and its horde, cut off from its enabling presence.�
[19:14] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �But be aware. And careful. For the path to the evil obelisk, will not be unguarded nor unchecked. There will be defenses.”
[19:15] <Khophus> “Will our weapons work? I've heard storied of normal weapons not being effective.”
[19:17] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �Do you not have magical implements? It is true that many manifestations require imbued attacks to make effect.”
[19:18] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �But in your journey below to the Pillar, it will not be only the demonkind you have encountered. That horde resides with their Lord in the tower. What you will encounter, I know not.”
[19:19] * Khophus nods again. “I understand.”
[19:20] <Ash> “This does not sound promising per-say.”
[19:20] <DM_Tol> Neoma suddenly looks weird.
[19:20] * Dylan thinks
[19:20] <DM_Tol> Neoma�s body almost blinks out and back in.
[19:21] <DM_Tol> Neoma: �I must rest soon.“
[19:21] <Ash> “What's happening?”
[19:22] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks at Ash: �I am weak from the ritual.�
[19:23] <Khophus> “We should head out then.”
[19:25] * Dylan agrees
[19:26] * Khophus bows to Neoma, backing away towards the door.
[19:26] * Ash gathers up his things, and heads out.
[19:27] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods and moves towards the bema.
[19:28] <DM_Tol> You pass through the force barrier surrounding the dome. The hairs on your skin tingle.
[19:30] <Khophus> (for all you mammals)
[19:35] <Ash> “So to town or the castle?”
[19:37] <Dylan> “We should resupply, and prepare before going I think.”
[19:37] <Khophus> “Yes.”
[19:38] <Ash> “Alright then, to town.”
[19:38] <Miri> “are we going together or are we just gonna meet back here later?”
[19:38] <DM_Tol> You make your way the half our to town. It is still early morning.
[19:40] <DM_Tol> In town, things somehow look different from when your hourney began less than a month ago.
[19:40] <Khophus> “I say we meet back here at the dome. Something like that,” he points in the direction of the tower, “will have spies.”
[19:40] <Khophus> (we got a starbucks?)
[19:40] <DM_Tol> But, perhaps, it is you who have changed.
[19:41] * Dylan sells his old armor and respplies on food
[19:42] * Miri will resupply her food and buy a good warm coat.
[19:42] * Khophus buys supplies and a lot more arrows
[19:42] * Khophus nods in respect to the constabulary.
[19:43] * Ash sees about trying to research the Pillar of Pyhrdo some more.
[19:47] <DM_Tol> You renew your supplies.
[19:47] <DM_Tol> Ash it will take an hour, and you must tell me what you�re doing to reearch)
[19:48] <Khophus> (brb)
[19:49] <Ash> (It's been a while since I've looked at the town map, but I'll research at the temple(s), library, or some local scholar barring those first 2 options.)
[19:51] <DM_Tol> (ok, roll an investigation check)
[19:51] <Khophus> (I will buy arrows, food and report back to the Chief Constable)
[19:51] <Ash> 1d20+2
[19:51] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(3)+2]: 5
[19:51] <DM_Tol> The group finishes its resupplying and heads outside of Azod. Ash is nowhere to be found.
[19:52] <Dylan> “I need to go to the temple to make a donation, I will be back”
[19:52] <DM_Tol> Ash you seek out learned places, but find no metion of Pillars of Phyrdo.
[19:52] * Dylan goes to the temple of his faith to donate the proceeds from his sale of armor
[19:52] * Ash shrugs
[19:53] <DM_Tol> You all eventually meet up near the dome.
[19:54] <Khophus> “Were you successful?”
[19:54] <Ash> “Nope”
[19:56] <Khophus> “What's our next course?”
[19:56] <Ash> “Back to the castle.”
[19:59] <Khophus> “Let's go.”
[19:59] * Dylan nods
[20:02] * Khophus turns in the direction of the ruined castle.
[20:03] <Ash> “So who learned something new from the ritual?”
[20:05] <DM_Tol> The group girds up and heads south across the fields, the rolling hills on the left and eventualy the plain on the right which leads in the distance off to the sea.
[20:05] <DM_Tol> You travel all day and as evening approaches, you move to your customary cave outcropping in the side of a hill.
[20:06] <Dylan> “I think so?”
[20:06] <Dylan> “I'm not sure i understand it..
[20:07] <Khophus> “Neither do I…so I will limit my activities to stabbing what needs stabbing.”
[20:07] <Dylan> (now immune to disease? that seems very powerful)
[20:08] <DM_Tol> (shall I test that out? )
[20:08] <Dylan> (i'm gonna need help with other things post game tol)
[20:10] <DM_Tol> As you near the cave entrance, you see something fuzzy in the shaddows off to the side.
[20:12] <Ash> “Let me see about this one.”
[20:13] <DM_Tol> The small brown bear shuffles its feet and slumbers slowly toward you, Ash.
[20:14] <DM_Tol> It plants its snout uncomfortably in your crouch, and lets in loud snorts.
[20:14] * Ash casts “Speak with Animals”
[20:14] <Ash> “Hello there.”
[20:16] * Miri watches ash, and there is something about the spell he casts that picks at her brain, as if she should know it.
[20:16] <DM_Tol> ( darn player making dm look stuff up *grumble*brumble* )
[20:16] <Khophus> (That bear's another snuffle away from an EPO)
[20:17] <Ash> (Muhahahahahaha… look up Animal Friendship if Speak with Animals fails me.)
[20:18] * Khophus puts his hand on the handle of his sword, just in case this from tickle and slap to maul and bleed)
[20:18] <DM_Tol> The bear removes its snout and looks up at Ash -Tired. sleep.-
[20:18] <Ash> “May we sleep here with you. We will help protect you, if you help protect us?”
[20:19] <DM_Tol> Bear: -cloth bears nice-
[20:19] <Ash> “Thank you. Do you know anything about the castle near here?”
[20:19] <DM_Tol> The bear turns and slumbers back to his corner and sits, blinking.
[20:20] <DM_Tol> Bear: -castle close-
[20:20] <Ash> “What have you seen at the castle?”
[20:20] <DM_Tol> The (Intelligence of 2) bear tilts its head.
[20:22] <Ash> “Let's go to sleep now, ok?”
[20:22] <Khophus> (Ha! I'm smarter than the average bear!)
[20:22] <Ash> (OK Yogi)
[20:22] <DM_Tol> Bear: �sleep more”
[20:22] * Khophus sits at the mouth of the cave, leaning against the wall with his sword ready.
[20:23] <DM_Tol> The bear rolls over and pushes its back against a wall.
[20:23] <Ash> “Yes sleep more. I'm going to invite the cloth bears in now.”
[20:23] * Ash turns to the others.
[20:23] <Ash> “The bear has given permission for us to sleep here with him.”
[20:24] <Miri> (warning, i'm sitting here falling asleep :/ donno how much longer i'll last)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (ditto)
[20:24] <Khophus> (huh?)
[20:24] <Khophus> (I'm getting a little scattered-brained here as well)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> (sleeping for the night?)
[20:25] <Dylan> (yes)
[20:25] <DM_Tol> (trusting the evil be.. i mean, the nice bear?)
[20:25] <Ash> (Yes)
[20:25] <Dylan> (here would be a good point so i can bug you about something)
[20:26] <DM_Tol> The night passes.
[20:26] <DM_Tol> Theriand informs the rest of you that during his watch, the bear up and left.
[20:26] <DM_Tol> The ground has a nice morning dew.
[20:27] * Khophus wipes the dew on his face and gives himself a good scrubbling.
[20:27] <DM_Tol> You ready for what lies ahead, and set your face towards teh castle.
[20:27] <DM_Tol> * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_13_-_10-15-2017_-_powering_up.txt · Last modified: 2017/10/18 01:48 (external edit)