Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/655a3fce5a14a3c98f5c4add331c48a4.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_12_-_10-8-2017_-_drawings_bears_and_domes
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/655a3fce5a14a3c98f5c4add331c48a4.xhtml failed

[19:52] <DM_Tol> * Game recap: *
[19:52] <Khophus> (Close enough)
[19:52] <DM_Tol> The adventureres fought their way through the animated trees to enter the castle walls.
[19:54] <DM_Tol> They explored the central, large building that was a common living space with barracks, supply stores, living quarters, etc. All long since picked over and abandoned, long as in decades.
[19:55] <DM_Tol> They left corner building revealed a coded image entry dais with stairs leading up to a storehouse of gear, seemingly untouched and perhaps forgotten, as well as carvings giving clues to the partnering buiding in the other front corner.
[19:55] <DM_Tol> After moving towards the large and tall and menacing tower at the back of the grounds, they found a couple bodies picked on by small demon bat creatures.
[19:56] <DM_Tol> Upon exploring the front building on the right side of the gate, they begin to unravle the clues of the ruins of stone, and remaining symbols still on th epieces.
[19:56] <DM_Tol> * As we begin this 12 session of Können: Heroes of Azod *“
[19:57] <DM_Tol> You uncover the tray of sand cut into the stone floor, and begin carving symbols.
[19:57] <DM_Tol> When you drawn an ankh, Ash you hear and feel a sound of a warping force vibration around you. The Ankh then fades into the level sand.
[19:58] <Ash> “Well I guess that's the first symbol.”
[19:59] <Theriand> “Well, don't stop now”
[20:00] <Ash> (Trying to find my notes on the other 2 symbols :( )
[20:00] <DM_Tol> Looking at the stones pieces you pieced together, you draw the ankh, with just the star and archway remaining.
[20:00] * Ash draws the archway next.
[20:01] <DM_Tol> you hear and feel a sound of a warping force vibration around you, as it too then fades into the level sand
[20:01] <DM_Tol> (I guess, since I never wrote the order down in my campaign notes. :)
[20:02] <Khophus> (bwaahaha)
[20:03] * Ash finishes with the star
[20:03] <Ash> (Well I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right.)
[20:03] <Khophus> (a slimy tentacle works it's way up your leg)
[20:03] <DM_Tol> As you draw the star, you feel a force vibration around you.
[20:03] <DM_Tol> 1d4
[20:03] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d4(3)]: 3
[20:03] <Ash> (Oooh, lunch)
[20:03] <DM_Tol> 1d4
[20:03] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d4(3)]: 3
[20:04] <DM_Tol> 1d4
[20:04] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d4(1)]: 1
[20:04] <Ash> (That's bad)
[20:04] <DM_Tol> The ground beneath you opens up near the sand box.
[20:05] <DM_Tol> Two of you stumble and struggle not to fall in Ash and Miri make Dex saves DC10).
[20:05] <Ash> “And there we go”
[20:05] * Khophus grabs Miri and tries to fling her to safety
[20:05] <Ash> 1d20
[20:05] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(6)]: 6
[20:06] <Ash> “Whooooaaaa”
[20:06] <DM_Tol> As the 5×10 ft opening is revealed, and powerful burst of stench and stale air blows your hair back.
[20:06] <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc10
[20:06] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(5)-1 'vs dc10']: 4 (Fail)
[20:07] <Khophus> (can I fling her to bruised safety?)
[20:07] <DM_Tol> And behind that, two of the same blobbish creatures you encountered in the other corner building emerge up steps at the opening, shrieking and attack you.
[20:07] <DM_Tol> -init plz
[20:07] <DM_Tol> -init rolls plz
[20:07] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[20:07] <Miri> 1d20-1
[20:07] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(9)-1]: 8
[20:08] <Ash> 1d20
[20:08] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(16)]: 16
[20:08] <Theriand> 1d20+2
[20:08] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(16)+2]: 18
[20:08] <Khophus> 1d20+1
[20:08] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(1)+1]: 2 (Sorry.)
[20:09] <Khophus> (*sigh*)
[20:09] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 for Blobs
[20:09] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(7)-1 'for Blobs']: 6
[20:09] <DM_Tol> -init report
[20:09] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theriand 18, Ash 16, Miri 8, Blobs, 6, Khophus 2
[20:09] * Theriand makes sure he is a safe distance from the creatures before throwing a firebolt at them
[20:10] <Theriand> 1d20+5
[20:10] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(4)+5]: 9
[20:11] <DM_Tol> Ash and Miri as you see the creatures emerge, you both lose your footing and stumble down the opening, upon hard stone stairs.
[20:11] <DM_Tol> 1d2 damage each
[20:11] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d2(1) 'damage each']: 1
[20:12] <DM_Tol> (You take 1HP of damage, and begin your turn prone and 5ft below surface level. at the beginning of your turn,you will roll another Dex save to stop tumbling down the stairs)
[20:12] <DM_Tol> Theriand your action.)
[20:13] <Theriand> (I backed away to a safe distance and threw a firebolt, rolled a 9, so pretty sure I missed, unless you want me to do redo it lol)
[20:13] <DM_Tol> (do y’all want to use battlegrid?)
[20:14] <Ash> (I think this combat might be easy enough without it)
[20:15] <DM_Tol> (ok. I drew it out if you wannt look: http://bit.ly/battlegrid )
[20:16] <Ash> 1d20 vs dc 10
[20:16] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(13) 'vs dc 10']: 13
[20:16] <DM_Tol> Theriand your firebolt hits the first demon blob.
[20:17] <Theriand> 1d10
[20:17] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d10(2)]: 2
[20:17] <DM_Tol> Ash you stop yourself from tumbling further.)
[20:17] <DM_Tol> (remember, you start the turn prone)
[20:18] * Ash gets to his feet, and uses a sacred flame against whichever blob he might see.
[20:18] <Ash> (Dex save, DC 12)
[20:20] <DM_Tol> (what is los requirement? so, you’re 5 ft down, and it’s 5 ft up and 5ft away)
[20:20] <Ash> (If I can see it, it should be good.)
[20:20] <DM_Tol> (is sacred flame a beam or what? that’s why I’m wondering, if you can see it)
[20:21] <Ash> (It descends on a creature you can see in range)
[20:21] <DM_Tol> Ash stands and peaks up and delivers a sacred flame strike.
[20:21] <Ash> (That came straight from the entry on 272)
[20:21] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 DC12
[20:21] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(4)-1 'DC12']: 3 (Fail)
[20:22] <Ash> 1d8 radiant damage
[20:22] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(7) 'radiant damage']: 7
[20:22] <DM_Tol> The creature shrieks
[20:22] <DM_Tol> (Miri)
[20:22] <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc10
[20:22] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(20)-1 'vs dc10']: 19 (Critical success)
[20:23] <Ash> Miri gracefully lands on her butt)
[20:23] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[20:23] <DM_Tol> Miri recovers from the fall and manages to land on her feet.
[20:23] <DM_Tol> (you are no longer prone!)
[20:23] * Miri gets up and moves, to attack the nearest baddy
[20:23] <Miri> 1d20+4
[20:23] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(20)+4]: 24 (Excellent)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> (hot hands)
[20:24] <Miri> 4d6+4
[20:24] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(15)+4]: 19
[20:24] <Miri> (two nat 20s in a row, i are scared!)
[20:24] <Ash> (Lands on her feet in a perfect position on its flank.)
[20:24] <Miri> (brb)
[20:24] <DM_Tol> Miri decimates the blobbish demon, which dissipates into a cloud.
[20:25] <DM_Tol> The remaining demon claws back.
[20:25] <DM_Tol> 1d3
[20:25] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d3(2)]: 2
[20:26] <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 vs Ash
[20:26] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+2 'vs Ash']: 3 (That stinks.)
[20:27] <DM_Tol> The creature swipes downward at Ash and stumbles down into the hole and onto the stairs.
[20:27] * Ash laughs
[20:27] <DM_Tol> (Khopus)
[20:27] * Khophus unlimbers his bow and tries to take a couple of shots
[20:28] <Khophus> 1d20+1
[20:28] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(16)+1]: 17
[20:28] <Khophus> (nice)
[20:28] <Khophus> 1d6
[20:28] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d6(5)]: 5
[20:28] <Khophus> (whoops – 1d8)
[20:28] <Khophus> 1d8+1
[20:28] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(2)+1]: 3
[20:29] <Khophus> (phhft)
[20:29] <DM_Tol> (type of damage?)
[20:29] <DM_Tol> (you always have two shots?)
[20:29] <Khophus> (piercing)
[20:29] <Khophus> (no, one shot)
[20:29] <DM_Tol> (ok, was wondering about “tries to take a couple of shots”)
[20:30] <DM_Tol> Khophus sticks the creature.
[20:30] <DM_Tol> -init list
[20:30] <TolBot> The accepted categories include:
[20:30] <TolBot> Race, Class, Skill, Item, Rule, Poison, Ritual, Monster, Jargon, Dice, TolBot, Calculator, Help, Calc. You can find out more information on a topic by using -help category name.
[20:30] <DM_Tol> -init results
[20:30] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theriand 18, Ash 16, Miri 8, Blobs, 6, Khophus 2
[20:30] <Miri> (back)
[20:30] <DM_Tol> (Ther)
[20:31] * Theriand moves so he can see it and throws another firebolt
[20:31] <Theriand> 1d20+5
[20:31] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d20(13)+5]: 18
[20:31] <Theriand> 1d10
[20:31] <TolBot> Theriand's 1d10(4)]: 4
[20:31] <DM_Tol> Theriand burns the creature, though not as much as he would expect.
[20:32] * Ash calls down another sacred flame, moving if needed to get a better vantage. (DC 12 Dex save)
[20:32] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[20:32] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 DC12
[20:32] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)-1 'DC12']: 14 (Success)
[20:32] <Ash> (Bah)
[20:32] <DM_Tol> The demon maneuvers to avoid the attack and counters with a swing.
[20:32] <DM_Tol> 1d20+2
[20:32] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(16)+2]: 18
[20:33] <Ash> (Counter?)
[20:33] <DM_Tol> 1d3
[20:33] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d3(2)]: 2
[20:33] <Ash> (Is this an AoO or did you skip Miri on the init?)
[20:33] <DM_Tol> (oops. Miri)
[20:34] * Miri moves to the next one and swings
[20:34] <Miri> 1d20+4
[20:34] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(16)+4]: 20
[20:34] <Miri> 2d6+4
[20:34] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(8)+4]: 12
[20:35] <Khophus> (brb)
[20:35] <DM_Tol> (damage type?)
[20:35] <Miri> (slashing)
[20:35] <Miri> (i also need to look up how many attacks i get, i think its just one unless raging tho)
[20:36] <DM_Tol> Miri connects with the blobbish demon as it disintegrates and dissipates as a cloud of reeking vapor
[20:36] <DM_Tol> (end combat)
[20:37] <DM_Tol> You easily survive the attack, though your body is weary from all the activity of this day.
[20:38] <DM_Tol> The pit below you is a long set of stone stairs down into the dark.
[20:38] * Khophus looks at the bow.
[20:38] <Khophus> “I like this.”
[20:38] * Khophus puts the bow away
[20:39] <Ash> “If I recall right, the demon who lives here is down there. We shouldn't go down there.”
[20:41] <Khophus> “We should go back and report. She commands others better able to handle this.”
[20:42] <Miri> “back to the witch then?”
[20:42] <Theriand> “Indeed, back we go.”
[20:42] <Ash> “I suspect we are the others better able to handle this.”
[20:42] * Khophus shakes his head.
[20:43] <Ash> “Anyway, let's head back.”
[20:45] <DM_Tol> You gather yourselves and make your way back towards the gate of the castle.
[20:45] <DM_Tol> 1d20
[20:45] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)]: 19
[20:46] <DM_Tol> (heading back?)
[20:46] <Miri> (yes)
[20:46] <Ash> (yes)
[20:46] <DM_Tol> As you make your way through the gate. Ash you see something in the sky that catches your eye.
[20:46] <Khophus> (yep)
[20:47] * Ash looks up.
[20:48] <DM_Tol> from the tall tower in the back of the grounds, high up. you see winged creatures flying out of the tower, maybe 5 of them.
[20:50] <Ash> “More winged creatures… I think we may have over-extended our welcome.”
[20:50] * Miri whispers “what do we do?”
[20:51] <DM_Tol> The large-wing-span (maybe demons) move through the sky and off into the distance, paying no mind to you.
[20:51] * Khophus looks to the direction they are headed…
[20:51] * Ash notes which direction they went.
[20:52] <DM_Tol> (I pasted that too early… can I assume you take appropriate action and like duck behind the wall or trees?)
[20:53] <Khophus> (of course – in a rare stroke of genius I have)
[20:53] <Ash> (I was going to push Khophus into the middle of a field with road flares attached to him.)
[20:55] <DM_Tol> ( *sigh* )
[20:56] <DM_Tol> (Let’s just say, duck. cause if you don’t. it’s tots pk)
[20:56] * Theriand hides behind a wall
[20:56] * Miri hides as well.
[20:56] <Theriand> (sorry, had to go remove my oral prostetics)
[20:56] <Khophus> (The road flares wouldn't hurt me, and I'd have additional fire damage against those things.)
[20:56] <DM_Tol> You hide alongside the wall and behind a tree.
[20:56] * Khophus ducks behind a wall, checking on everyone else.
[20:57] <DM_Tol> The large-wing-span (maybe demons) move through the sky and off into the distance, paying no mind to you.
[20:57] <DM_Tol> You quickly move out alongside the road.
[20:58] <Ash> “Definitely time to put some distance between us and them.”
[20:58] <DM_Tol> (This late in the day, it will be dark in 4 hours. So, you can go the half your to your new home away from home in the cave, or go 4 hours and camp who knows where, or go through the night (not recommended)
[20:59] <Khophus> (head to the cave)
[20:59] <Miri> (cave)
[21:00] <Theriand> (or natural habitat, the cave!)
[21:00] <Ash> (Cave)
[21:00] <Khophus> (I'm hoping the cable guy comes soon)
[21:01] <DM_Tol> You make your way down the road and make it to your cave hideout. After the day you have seen, it feels good to be resting in what feels a safe environs.
[21:01] <DM_Tol> (anything before sleepy time?)
[21:02] <Ash> (no)
[21:03] <Khophus> (nope)
[21:03] <DM_Tol> You rest through the night.
[21:03] <DM_Tol> You wake in the morning, and rub the sleep out of your eyes.
[21:04] * Theriand yawns and stretches
[21:04] <DM_Tol> Everything looks in order, and then some.
[21:04] <DM_Tol> Dylan who took last watch, points to each of you, with a shushing motion.
[21:05] <DM_Tol> He points to a corner of the cave.
[21:05] * Khophus grabs his sword and looks to the corner of the cave.
[21:05] * Theriand spins around to look at the corner, a firebolt burning in his hand
[21:05] <DM_Tol> (Reminder, your standard watch order is Watches: 1. Miri 2. Ash 3. Khophus 4. Theriand 5. Dylan)
[21:05] * Ash slowly peers in the direction.
[21:06] <DM_Tol> In the corner of the cave is a small bear, soundly sleeping.
[21:06] <Khophus> (ohhh…crap…)
[21:06] <DM_Tol> Dylan: “He, she… it just came right up and crawled in. I… I didn’t know what to do.”
[21:06] * Khophus points to everyone, then points to the entrance.
[21:06] * Ash nods in agreement.
[21:07] <DM_Tol> As you stir, the bear shifts and then stretches.
[21:07] <DM_Tol> Facing you now, it opens its eyes and then scratches its belly.
[21:07] * Theriand lets the spell sizzle, as he watches the bear and slowly gathers his gear
[21:07] <DM_Tol> The bear lets out a few sniffs, and then yawns, and rolls back over facing the wall, curling up more.
[21:08] <DM_Tol> (Reminder, one of you a previous visit detected signs of some animal presence)
[21:08] * Theriand smiles at the bear, then makes a careful exit
[21:08] * Khophus goes to the opening and makes sure that Mama Bear isn't there to kill us all
[21:09] * Ash is happy to leave the bear alone, and leave.
[21:10] <DM_Tol> (The bear looks fully grown… just not large)
[21:11] * Miri leaves carefully as well.
[21:11] * Khophus leaves as well as soon as everyone is clear of the cave, thanking the gods for lazy bears.
[21:11] <DM_Tol> You pack up quietly and leave the shallow cave/outcropping and head south toward Azod.
[21:12] <DM_Tol> (I planned on introducing the docile bear earlier but kept forgetting each time you camped. :)
[21:13] <Theriand> (I want it as a familiar lol)
[21:13] <Ash> (Do we have our spells back yet, because I have a thought?)
[21:13] <DM_Tol> You travel for the day, arriving at the outskirts of Azod late in the afternoon.
[21:14] <DM_Tol> (You had a full rest. I can assume you exited the cave a safe distance and then did your regular morning routines.)
[21:14] <Ash> (Alright)
[21:16] <DM_Tol> (heading to town or to Neoma’s magic dome?)
[21:16] <Khophus> (…and I have my dragon breath)
[21:16] <Theriand> (Neoma I assume)
[21:17] <Ash> (Neoma, and then probably town after.)
[21:18] <DM_Tol> You mvoe ot the area and search around, soon finding the hidden dome, only since you know what to look for.
[21:18] <DM_Tol> You press your way inside, through the force shield, once again feeling statically tingly all over as you do.
[21:19] <DM_Tol> You find things inside the dome as usual, much larger on the inside, and quiet. Some shelves with chest sand crates about. You see Neoma’s figure kneeling over behind the cube block of wood as usual.
[21:20] * Khophus discretely clears his throat
[21:21] <DM_Tol> As you’ve seen before, you initial attempts to rise Neoma from her trance have no effect.
[21:21] * Ash takes a seat to wait.
[21:22] * Miri sits down as well and cleans her already clean sword.
[21:22] * Khophus examines his new found bow
[21:22] <DM_Tol> It feels good to bask in the glow of the candles in the space.
[21:23] <DM_Tol> After nearly half an hour, you hear Neoma’s voice, “Heroes of Azod, you have returned.”
[21:23] <DM_Tol> Neoma moves beside the bema, smiling at each of you.
[21:24] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “You have all encountered demonic powers, I can sense. “
[21:24] <Theriand> “Yea… you could say that… Not sure we're ready to take on that castle of death yet.”
[21:24] <Ash> “We have.”
[21:25] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “and… you have seen death.”
[21:25] <Ash> “Yes we know.”
[21:25] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks up at Theriand “No, you mustn’te take on the Demon Lord and its pack. That much you must remember clearly.”
[21:26] <Theriand> “I beleive we need more strength, and perhaps companions.”
[21:26] <DM_Tol> “Rest here tonight, and you will be strengthened.”
[21:26] <DM_Tol> “What do you mean companions?”
[21:27] <Khophus> “Soldiers to attack where directed. This is not the job of the constabulary.”
[21:27] <Ash> “Like an army.”
[21:28] <Theriand> “Companions, we have us, but it may not be enough. Unless we can greatly increase the power we already have, but I feel that will take some time, I just hope not too much.”
[21:28] <Khophus> “That doesn't mind taking heavy losses.”
[21:28] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “But you are the ones.”
[21:29] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “What army have you? What soldiers are yours to command?”
[21:30] <DM_Tol> Neoma has a look of concern on her face.
[21:30] <Theriand> “I know this beast must be destroyed, I just fear we will not be enough alone”
[21:30] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Have you not listened to my words?“
[21:31] <Ash> “We have, but we have reservations.”
[21:31] <Ash> “Death is not a pleasant thing to look in the face.”
[21:31] <DM_Tol> “Even though more power have I to grant you, you can not defeat a Demon Lord. Even though I do not yet know who it is that inhabits the castle.”
[21:32] <Miri> “then send us other places so we can learn and grow so we can defeat this demon lord.”
[21:32] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “You are already becoming heroes, brave folk of Azod. But to set out to confrom a demon Lord is beyond you.”
[21:32] <DM_Tol> ( level me up first ! lol )
[21:32] <Ash> “I think we all agree on that point.”
[21:33] <Theriand> “As it stands, you have given me this strength, and I am yours to command; but, I must speak freely. Today we saw several winged fiends flying from the tower, if they would have even seen us on the grounds they would have destroyed us, and that is just on the grounds. As Miri has said, we must venture else where and gain strength so we can assault their stronghold.”
[21:33] <Theriand> (Today == Yesterday lol)
[21:34] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Sit. All of you.”
[21:34] * Miri is already sitting.
[21:34] * Khophus scoots closer.
[21:34] * Theriand takes a seat and rests
[21:35] * Ash continues to sit.
[21:35] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “The purpose of your exploration of the castle, the reason for your research in town…“
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “It is to determine how the Demon Lord is able to sustain its presence here. It should not be able to remain in the plane so long, so openly.”
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Your quest is to discover that secret, that catalyst as I’ve said, and determine if it can be spoiled.”
[21:36] * Khophus frowns a little…plane…like the wood smoothing tool
[21:37] <DM_Tol> Neoma smiles at you, “Brave you have been. And press on we must.”
[21:37] <Theriand> “You would know that better than I, but when we encounter creatures that kill us before we can even explore and research our task, it seems to futile.”
[21:38] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Yes, this I understand.“
[21:38] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Where did you encounter these powerful demons?”
[21:38] <Theriand> “Coming from one of the towers, they flew away as we where making our escape”
[21:38] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods, “Then this much is clear… into that tower you must not go.”
[21:39] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Is there no other aspect of the castle you know of? Other pieces to the puzzle?”
[21:39] <Theriand> “We also disovered a set of stairs going underground in which two, blobs, for lack of otherwords came from. We did also unlock an armory of sorts,” he pulls out his crossbow, “this is one of them that we found.”
[21:39] <Ash> “There is a lower level, and an upper level that contained a weapon cache.”
[21:41] <DM_Tol> Neoma sits before you, “Now that… is interesting. Tell me all that you’ve discovered.”
[21:41] <DM_Tol> * game pause *
[21:41] <Khophus> (brb – I can't add much to this conversdation)
[21:41] <DM_Tol> (must pee… then want you to ooc put your heads together and come up with all your clues that you’ll be telling neoma)
[21:44] <Khophus> (I'm gonna bring up the blobs)
[21:45] <Theriand> (I've kinda exhausted what I had to say already.. the blobs the armory)
[21:46] <Khophus> (the symbols and the gates)
[21:47] <Ash> (Which reminds me…I have notes that haven't been brought up yet.)
[21:48] <Ash> (Prepare for mass influx of text.)
[21:48] <Ash> <Tolman> Investigations about the castle:
[21:48] <Ash> <Tolman> 1. The castle was at least 300 years old… associated with ancient tribal name Cunite.
[21:48] <Ash> <Tolman> 2. The castle has been abandoned for close to hundred years.
[21:48] <Ash> <Tolman> 3. A geezer remembers a time when adventurers attempted to plunder the castle’s bowels, and none returned.
[21:48] <Ash> <Tolman> 4. Rumor that one of the several adventuring groups found ‘something’ deep down.
[21:48] <Ash> <Tolman> Tortured man: “ … below … “ “ … must seal the … “
[21:48] <Ash> <DM_Tol> The scenes are: 1. A set of of figures descending stairs. 2. a wall of flames engulfi
[21:48] <Ash> <DM_Tol> The scenes are: 1. A set of of figures descending stairs. 2. a wall of flames engulfing a long hall, followed by a spikes falling from a ceiling, and 3. a glowing obelisk with figures around it bowing down.
[21:48] <Ash> <DM_Tol> On the third, shorter wall, there are three symbols. a crescent moon, a square, and a chaos symbol
[21:49] <DM_Tol> (Ryu, that’s not all exhausted what clues you’ve been told over the last few sessions)
[21:50] <DM_Tol> (some of you may not know or remember, but that’s how I DM… I give clues to the meta plot… if you don’t take notes, my campaigns are less fun for you and me)
[21:51] <Theriand> (its also no fun if one person is the only one doing it :P)
[21:51] <DM_Tol> (THANK you Ash for taking notes)
[21:51] <DM_Tol> (IF you go into town, researching about the castle, TAKE down what you learned plz)
[21:52] <DM_Tol> (IF a dying man give syou some direction, write it down. Campaing playing 101 here)
[21:54] <DM_Tol> anything else clue-wise?
[21:54] <DM_Tol> everyone understand the kind of thing I’m talking about (other than Mage)?
[21:56] <Miri> (yes)
[21:57] <DM_Tol> what about the wall in the other, mostly torn down building… wasn’t there a scene there?
[21:58] <Khophus> (with the ankh?)
[21:58] <Ash> (Ankh, archway, star)
[21:58] <Ash> (And it was mostly broken walls)
[21:58] <DM_Tol> Yes, but two walls are standing
[21:58] <DM_Tol> from the log:
[21:59] <DM_Tol> “The stone floor in places is the same. Two remaining walls have scenes like in the other building.”
[21:59] <DM_Tol> “One is a of an obelisk rising. Another is of someone falling into a hole or pit.”
[22:02] * Theriand brings up the picture of arrows, bolts, axes, and stones being hurled towards the building where the stairs where found after making the symbols in the sand
[22:04] * Khophus tries to remember something salient…
[22:04] <DM_Tol> ok, ready to discuss all this collective knowledge in-game?
[22:05] <DM_Tol> now that we recall there’s more than just “er… some blobby demons and some free mundane weapons” ?
[22:05] <Khophus> (…and that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
[22:08] <DM_Tol> * Game Resume *
[22:09] <DM_Tol> Neoma sits before you, “Now that… is interesting. Tell me all that you’ve discovered.”
[22:09] <DM_Tol> Neoma listens as you speaks about what you learned in Azod about the castle of old.
[22:10] * Khophus frowns as he tries to remember beyond…
[22:10] <DM_Tol> She listens to you discuss the etchings on the wall.
[22:10] <Khophus> “There were these blobby things…“
[22:10] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Manes”
[22:10] <DM_Tol> She looks at Khophus “What you describe are Manes”
[22:11] <Ash> “I've never heard of Manes, though I've been living in an alley for a good portion of my life. What can you tell us about them?”
[22:11] <DM_Tol> She listens as you describe the humanoids being eaten by the demon bats, and his dying words.
[22:12] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Manes are summoned demons. Weak by nature. You need only fear them if in a horde.”
[22:12] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “They only attack and are the lowest level of chaos and evil.“
[22:13] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “When destroyed, they dissipate into a vapor that reforms after a time.”
[22:14] <Khophus> “Manes…” He frowns as he commits those things to memory.
[22:14] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “What do you make of all this… the carved scenes you describe that point to the downward hidden stairwell.“
[22:14] <DM_Tol> “That creature’s dying words?”
[22:14] <Ash> “That is likely where the source of power and the demon lord reside.”
[22:15] <Theriand> “Got the feeling we should stand in the armory room and rain down terror as the creatures or whatever exit…“
[22:15] <DM_Tol> “This rumor of ‘something deep down’?”
[22:16] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “The demon bats that killed those humans… did you see where they came from?”
[22:16] <Ash> “I think they came from the tower.”
[22:17] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “The same tower as the larger demons?”
[22:17] <Ash> “I believe so.”
[22:18] <DM_Tol> “A form of quasit, they were.”
[22:19] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “They can change their form. Similar to the creature that attacked you in the woods on your first journey to the castle.”
[22:19] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “And did you say the tower stood out from the other buildings? Not ravaged by time and destruction like the rest of the grounds?”
[22:20] <DM_Tol> (You did not say, but you were told that twice.)
[22:20] <Ash> “It was a separate building, but I personally did not notice its condition.”
[22:20] <DM_Tol> (uh, yes you did)
[22:20] <DM_Tol> (it was blatantly apparent. all of you notice it. impossible not too. that’s why I told it to you)
[22:21] <DM_Tol> (ooc, you may not remember, but that doesn’t negate that the dm told you you notice dit)
[22:21] <Ash> (Ok)
[22:22] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “It resides in the tower. The evil lord is in the tower; that is why you mustn’t go there.“
[22:23] <Ash> “How do you know that, because the tower is new looking?”
[22:24] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “The horde will reside with its lord. It is good that you were not otherwise noticed… detected.”
[22:25] * Theriand has a lightbulb moment as he remembers about the potion vials in his pouch, “Oh, we found these in the armory room, that looked impeccable as well, although the room below it looked well worn,” he hands over the vials in hopes of her knowing what they are
[22:26] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “They are mgic potions, helpful that is. Not all the same, I sense.”
[22:27] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Much have you discovered… I think while you sleep, I will research more. There is something in your words that stands out ot me.“
[22:27] <Theriand> “I have no clue as to what their uses are, is there any way you could identify them, or should I seek another?”
[22:28] <DM_Tol> (In 5e, a little taste of a potion is enough to ID it)
[22:28] <Khophus> (and it's free)
[22:29] <Theriand> (My luck, it'd be poison :P)
[22:30] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Troulbing some of this is, but perhaps also filled with a glimmer of hope.”
[22:30] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “And… I have good news.“
[22:30] <Theriand> “Well, I guess I could try tasting them…” and he does so, waiting to keel over any moment.
[22:31] * Khophus frowns as Theriand sips his way to the Afterever.
[22:31] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Enough kuarma have I gathered… I can engage the imbuing ritual once again.”
[22:31] <DM_Tol> (i’ll resolve potions in a bit)
[22:32] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Have you need of going into Azod before the ritual, before resting for the night under the powers of the dome
[22:32] <DM_Tol> ?”
[22:32] <Theriand> (Sweet, I jus' found that notes section on dndbeyond.. so I can keep my notes out of reach of the little minions)
[22:32] <Miri> “Not I”
[22:32] <Theriand> “Not I…“
[22:33] <DM_Tol> ( /me celebrates with Theriand )
[22:33] <Khophus> “Not me.”
[22:33] <Ash> “I don't think so.”
[22:33] <DM_Tol> Neoma begins gathering items onto the bema, the wooden block.
[22:33] <Theriand> (I had notes, but the kiddos got ahold of them… lol Now I jus' have to remember to transpose them digitally… *sigh*)
[22:34] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I will find what I can while you rest. Must here to discover.”
[22:34] <Miri> (when i don't have a whopper of a migraine i'll start keeping notes. to be fair, tonight, like that night, i had bad ones)
[22:34] <DM_Tol> A candle lights and aroma fills the room.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> She makes motions of arcane mystery and chants lowly.
[22:35] <DM_Tol> You smile at memories you forgot, and your ears go numb with cold, as you lost consciousness.
[22:35] <DM_Tol> *thud*
[22:36] <DM_Tol> You awake in the morning, lying where you fell 8 hours before, feeling strange (and advanced to a new level)
[22:36] <DM_Tol> * As this session comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_12_-_10-8-2017_-_drawings_bears_and_domes.txt · Last modified: 2017/10/18 01:48 (external edit)