Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/5/5f9a94d6c4cff5ad294cde8c304bc018.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_10_-_9-17-2017_-_a_side_story_1
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/5/5f9a94d6c4cff5ad294cde8c304bc018.xhtml failed

[21:22] <DM_Tol> * As this backtrack session of “Heroes of Azod” begins *
[21:22] <Ash> (Weren't we being attacked by some flying thing from atop the tower at the end of last session?)
[21:23] <DM_Tol> (that will occur right after tonight’s session.)
[21:24] <DM_Tol> Theriand and Miri stand just inside the large building, “Miri and I will look around in here more carefully, and see if we find any other clues.”
[21:24] <Ash> (/me manipulates time and side quests.)
[21:24] <Dylan> (si)
[21:25] * Dylan looks around
[21:25] <Dylan> “So…?”
[21:25] <DM_Tol> Miri: “You three want to go check out those two structures?” *pointing to the sctructures in each near corner (buliding’s 2 & 3)*
[21:25] <Khophus> “Yes. Let's make sure there's no one there to ambush us.”
[21:25] <Dylan> “Yea, lets do that”
[21:25] * Dylan follows khompus
[21:25] * Ash points at the building that looks more structually sound (#2) that building first.
[21:27] <Ash> “That building first.”
[21:27] <DM_Tol> You make your way to the building on the left. There is a single door to the two story structure. The door is shut.
[21:28] * Khophus reaches up as if to pound…then lowers his arm. “Sorry. Habit.”
[21:28] * Ash tests the door handle/knob.
[21:28] <DM_Tol> There is not so much a knob, but a turning mechanism, that doesn’t budge.
[21:29] <Khophus> (wife's testing out her anniversary gift…a paper shredder)
[21:29] <DM_Tol> (sweet)
[21:30] * Khophus places an earhole against the door.
[21:30] <Khophus> (Do I hear anything?)
[21:32] <Dylan> (a paper shredder?)
[21:32] <Ash> (Financial documents being destroyed)
[21:32] <Dylan> “Do we kick it in?
[21:33] * Khophus takes a step back to prepare.
[21:34] <Khophus> He makes sure his shield is ready on his arm.
[21:34] <Khophus> “Ready when you are, commander.”
[21:34] <Ash> “Be our guest.”
[21:35] <DM_Tol> (roll perception check all)
[21:35] <DM_Tol> You listen at the door and look around the area.
[21:35] <Khophus> 1d20+2 perception
[21:35] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(4)+2 'perception']: 6
[21:36] <Dylan> '1d20=2
[21:36] <DM_Tol> The door is iron, cut into the stone wall.
[21:36] <Dylan> 1D20+2
[21:36] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(5)+2]: 7
[21:36] <Ash> 1d20+2 perc
[21:36] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(15)+2 'perc']: 17
[21:36] <Khophus> (To be fair…he doesn't have ears)
[21:39] <Khophus> “I don't hear anything.”
[21:40] * Ash taps his foot.
[21:40] * Khophus shrugs and raises his foot up.
[21:40] * Khophus slams it into the door as hard as he can.
[21:41] <Khophus> (strength check?)
[21:41] <Dylan> “Me either”
[21:41] <Dylan> “It looks sturdy”
[21:42] <DM_Tol> Ash it seems to you that the door has been shut a long time, but perhaps not quite as long as the neglect of the central building.
[21:42] <DM_Tol> (roll str check, Khophus)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> (dc13)
[21:42] * Dylan pulls on the door
[21:42] <Khophus> 1d20+3
[21:42] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(5)+3]: 8
[21:42] <DM_Tol> The door appears to open inside (push not pull)
[21:42] <Khophus> (*THUNNNNNG*)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> You shoulder feels bruised, but the impact seems to have no effect.
[21:43] <Dylan> (this buiding is clearly not upto code for commercial buildings)
[21:43] <DM_Tol> ( hehe )
[21:43] * Ash eyes the door and gives it a good kick.
[21:43] <Ash> 1d20+1
[21:43] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(6)+1]: 7
[21:43] <Ash> “Well then, the other building then?”
[21:44] * Khophus growls and considers using his breath weapon.
[21:44] * Dylan pushes
[21:44] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[21:44] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(13)+2]: 15
[21:44] <DM_Tol> Ash slams on the door, then Dylan.
[21:44] <Dylan> (i made a dc 13)
[21:44] <DM_Tol> Dylan as you hit the door, it seems to vibrate a bit, as you hear something happen.
[21:44] <Khophus> (Does my ego need to roll a save vs death?)
[21:45] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[21:46] * Khophus steps away, rubbing his shoulder.
[21:46] <Khophus> “Accursed things.”
[21:46] <Dylan> “Doors?”
[21:47] <Khophus> “Wooden doors.”
[21:47] <Dylan> “something happened”
[21:47] <Dylan> “Why don't we try both pushing at the same time?”
[21:47] <Khophus> “What?”
[21:48] * Ash readies his club.
[21:49] <Khophus> “Right.”
[21:49] * Khophus braces himself against the door. “When you're ready.
[21:49] <DM_Tol> (two of you can roll an assist… STR DC10, and then the third roll the STR check with the bonus)
[21:50] <Khophus> 1d20+3 Strength Check
[21:50] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(19)+3 'Strength Check']: 22
[21:50] <Khophus> (Yes!)
[21:51] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[21:51] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(16)+2]: 18
[21:51] <Dylan> (yup yup)
[21:52] <DM_Tol> (ash?)
[21:52] <Ash> 1d20+1
[21:52] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(14)+1]: 15
[21:52] <DM_Tol> The group cooperatively assaults the door as a latch of some sort is hear jarring loose. The door cracks open.
[21:52] <Ash> (I figured Khophus jumped the gun, and I was waiting to see the result)
[21:53] * Khophus enters the room, shield up and long sword at the ready.
[21:54] * Dylan follows
[21:54] <DM_Tol> You push the door open, and a gust of foul air puffs out through the entryway. It makes you nauseous for a second.
[21:54] * Khophus spits and waits…
[21:54] <DM_Tol> As the light from the outside enters the space and you step forward, disgusting creatures of blob-like appearance come at you swinging.
[21:55] <DM_Tol> -init rolls plz
[21:55] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[21:55] <Ash> 1d20
[21:55] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(6)]: 6
[21:55] <Khophus> 1d20+1
[21:55] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(8)+1]: 9
[21:55] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 for Blobs
[21:55] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)-1 'for Blobs']: 7
[21:55] <Dylan> 1d20+1
[21:55] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(17)+1]: 18
[21:58] <DM_Tol> -init report
[21:58] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Dylan 18, Khophus 9, Blobs, 7, Ash 6
[22:00] <DM_Tol> ( http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/b/b1/Manes-5e.jpg )
[22:00] <DM_Tol> Dylan you seetwo creatures swiping at your group.
[22:00] <DM_Tol> (action)
[22:01] * Dylan swings his sword
[22:01] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[22:01] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(5)+2]: 7
[22:01] <DM_Tol> Dylan swings at a creature and misses. (Khop)
[22:02] * Khophus swoops in, slashing out at one near Dylan.
[22:02] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[22:02] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(1)+5]: 6 (Not good.)
[22:02] <Khophus> (*sigh*)
[22:03] <DM_Tol> Khophus embarassingly misses the slow lumbering figures, his blad catching on the doorway.
[22:03] <DM_Tol> 1d20+ 2 at Khop
[22:03] <TolBot> Try [Number of rolls]#(Number of dice)d(Number of sides)±[Add/Subtract modifier]
[22:03] <Ash> (Come on, if we can't kill the green blobs that are the first monsters in any RPG, we're hosed.)
[22:03] <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 at Khop
[22:03] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+2 'at Khop']: 21
[22:04] <Khophus> (dang…that hits)
[22:04] <DM_Tol> 2d4 slashing damage
[22:04] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d4(5) 'slashing damage']: 5
[22:04] <DM_Tol> a claw rakes across your skin.
[22:04] <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 at Dylan
[22:04] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+2 'at Dylan']: 21
[22:04] <DM_Tol> 2d4 slashing damage
[22:04] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 2d4(7) 'slashing damage']: 7
[22:04] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[22:05] * Ash casts Shillelagh on his club and moves to attack…
[22:05] <Ash> 1d20+4
[22:05] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(19)+4]: 23
[22:05] <Ash> 1d8+2
[22:05] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(3)+2]: 5
[22:05] <DM_Tol> (any other effect?)
[22:05] <Ash> (Nope)
[22:05] <DM_Tol> The blob creature is bashed, looking a little more than half damaged.
[22:05] <Ash> (Makes my club better to hit and damage)
[22:06] <DM_Tol> *round 2*
[22:06] <DM_Tol> (Dylan)
[22:06] * Dylan swings again
[22:06] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[22:06] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(7)+2]: 9
[22:06] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[22:08] <Dylan> (on a 9?)
[22:09] <DM_Tol> (yep. hehe)
[22:09] <Dylan> 2d6+2
[22:09] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(10)+2]: 12
[22:09] <Khophus> (I am going to be so upset if I don't get one good hit)
[22:09] <DM_Tol> Dylan kills the bloblike demonic creature in front of him, the one not hit yet.
[22:09] <Ash> (It would be sad. You would be the laughing stock if the “White Mage” did more damage than you did.)
[22:09] <DM_Tol> It dissipates in a green cloud of smoke and fades away.
[22:10] <DM_Tol> (Khop)
[22:10] * Khophus swings his sword again, keeping clear of the door this time.
[22:10] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[22:10] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(20)+5]: 25 (Yes!)
[22:10] <Khophus> (That! Is more like it!)
[22:11] <Khophus> 1d8+3
[22:11] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d8(8)+3]: 11
[22:11] <Khophus> (Ha-ha!)
[22:12] <DM_Tol> Khophus destroys the other demonblobl, as it shudders and dissipates into a green cloud of smoke that drifts away into the air.
[22:12] <DM_Tol> * end combat *
[22:12] * Khophus curls his nostrils at the scent and steps into the room.
[22:13] <Khophus> “Ugg…what are those things?'
[22:13] <Dylan> “Were”
[22:13] <Dylan> “Uhmmm”
[22:13] <DM_Tol> Inside you see a cobwebby, room (about 25 x 25).
[22:13] <Dylan> “Uhmm.. if I see giant spiders I'd leaving”
[22:13] <DM_Tol> (you can roll for demonic knowlege check)
[22:14] <DM_Tol> (which none of you have0
[22:14] <Dylan> (yea.. lol)
[22:14] <Ash> (Would that be religion?)
[22:14] <Khophus> (nope…)
[22:14] <Dylan> (how would a farmer have demonic knowledge?)
[22:14] <DM_Tol> (hmm… DC 18 on religion)
[22:14] <Ash> 1d20+2 religion.
[22:14] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(4)+2 'religion.']: 6
[22:15] <Khophus> (I'll try it…but with a -1 on religion…)
[22:15] <Ash> “It was a demonic blob.”
[22:15] <DM_Tol> ( lol )
[22:15] <Khophus> 1d20-1 Sure…let the learned iquana try
[22:15] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(5)-1 'Sure…let the learned iquana try']: 4
[22:16] <Dylan> 1d20-1 check check
[22:16] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(9)-1 'check check']: 8
[22:17] <Dylan> “It looked like something that came from our cow when she had the runs..”
[22:18] * Khophus puts his hand over his snout.
[22:18] <Ash> “So we have demonic cow slurry.”
[22:18] <DM_Tol> You look around the room.
[22:18] <Khophus> “I'm hoping you were kind enough to put that cow out of his misery.”
[22:18] <DM_Tol> (perc checks)
[22:18] * Khophus pokes about.
[22:18] <Khophus> 1d20+2
[22:18] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(14)+2]: 16
[22:18] <Ash> 1d20+2
[22:18] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(10)+2]: 12
[22:19] <DM_Tol> There is are a couple humanoid corpses, nearly bone only, thrown over and under a small table.
[22:19] <DM_Tol> There are writings, carvings on the wall.
[22:19] * Khophus looks at the corpses…
[22:19] <DM_Tol> On three walls are scenes carved and painted.
[22:20] <Khophus> (Poor Cadomedd…he would have had fun here…)
[22:20] <DM_Tol> The corpses were elven or human. They have been gnawed on.
[22:20] * Ash examines the walls.
[22:21] * Khophus spits again.
[22:22] <Khophus> “Unspeakable…savage…“
[22:22] <DM_Tol> The scenes are: 1. A set of of figures descending stairs. 2. a wall of flames engulfing a long hall, followed by a spikes falling from a ceiling, and 3. a glowing obelisk with figures around it bowing down.
[22:22] <DM_Tol> On the third, shorter wall, there are three symbols.
[22:23] <Ash> “Look at this set of scenes, I suspect they are clues to what's below this place.”
[22:23] <Dylan> “It looks dangerous”
[22:23] <DM_Tol> - a crescent moon, a square, and a chaos symbol
[22:23] * Ash looks over the symbols.
[22:24] <DM_Tol> ( a chaos symbol is a circle with arrows all around… you can google it)
[22:24] <Khophus> (got one as a tattoo)
[22:25] <Khophus> “I have no idea what that means…just that we need to pay respects for the deceased and have them buried.
[22:25] <DM_Tol> (lol)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> On the back left of the room, there is a dais.
[22:26] <Dylan> (is that like a ..)
[22:26] <Dylan> (gazebo?)
[22:26] <DM_Tol> Atop the dais, there is a shallow layer of sand.
[22:27] <DM_Tol> (like a pedestal)
[22:27] * Khophus turns around and looks at the dias and pedestal.
[22:28] <Khophus> (strike that)
[22:28] <Ash> (Like an ancient archeologist once tried to take a gold idol from here, and set off a bunch of traps that luckily didn't kill him?)
[22:28] <DM_Tol> (stricken)
[22:28] <Khophus> (If he hadn't thrown him the whip…)
[22:29] * Ash heads over to the dias to look at it with Khophus.
[22:29] <Dylan> “soo..
[22:29] <Khophus> (any smells coming from the dias?)
[22:31] <DM_Tol> (no smells)
[22:31] * Khophus reaches out and gently stirs the sand with a claw
[22:32] <DM_Tol> As you inspect the dais, there is a layer of sand (like in a small square tray afixed atop the dais)
[22:32] <DM_Tol> You stir the sand into patterns. After you stop and remove the claw, the sand evens out, shifting back to its level form.
[22:33] <Khophus> “Hmm…“
[22:33] * Dylan goes outside gets a handful of rocks and comes back and tosses them onto the sand
[22:33] <Ash> “Try one of those 3 symbols.
[22:33] <DM_Tol> The rocks sit atop the sand.
[22:33] * Khophus looks at the wall, then sketches the crescent in the sand
[22:34] <DM_Tol> (first deal with the rocks0
[22:35] * Khophus takes a rock and tosses it aside.
[22:35] <DM_Tol> You remove the rocks, and within a couple seconds, their indentations level out.
[22:36] * Khophus scratches the crescent on the sand
[22:37] <DM_Tol> You sketch out a crescent, an after removing your finger, you hear and feel a sound of a warping force vibration. The crescent then fades into the level sand.
[22:37] * Khophus looks around
[22:37] <Khophus> “You feel that?”
[22:38] <Ash> “Yeah, eerie.”
[22:38] <Ash> “Try the square.”
[22:38] * Khophus scratches in all three symbols: crescent, square and chaos symbol.
[22:38] <DM_Tol> You sketch a square, and again, an after removing your finger, you hear and feel a sound of a warping force vibration.
[22:39] <DM_Tol> The square dissipates.
[22:39] <Khophus> (same thing with the chaos symvol?)
[22:39] <DM_Tol> As you the sketch out the chaos symbol, you hear and feel the same vibration, followed by movement behind the dais.
[22:40] <DM_Tol> Before you eyes, a set of winding stair grows from the wall and an opening in the ceiling above.
[22:40] <Khophus> “Odd.”
[22:40] <Ash> “We should go let the others know about this.”
[22:41] <Khophus> “We should…and I have a feeling that those pictures…“
[22:41] * Khophus points to the pictures of flames and spikes…
[22:41] <Khophus> ”…are warnings.”:
[22:41] <Dylan> “Yes, i agree lets go tell the others”
[22:43] <DM_Tol> You head out towards the door.
[22:43] * Khophus looks around again, seeing if trhere are any other markings to try to note.
[22:43] <DM_Tol> You see no other markings.
[22:45] <Khophus> “Let's leave and tell the others.”
[22:45] <Ash> “Indeed”
[22:46] <DM_Tol> You make your way outside, and head towards the primary central building.
[22:46] <DM_Tol> You enter into a nearby doorway into the building and wander through in search of Miri and Theriand.
[22:46] <DM_Tol> YOu pass by what must have once been a mess hall, and make your way to an exit doorway on the opposite side of the building.
[22:47] <DM_Tol> Just outside the doorway, Therian and Miri and there, the large, large black stone tower just past them.
[22:48] * Khophus takes a quick sniff of the mess hall.
[22:48] <Dylan> “So… what happened to the people who used to live here?”
[22:49] <Khophus> “eaten?”
[22:50] * Dylan makes a face
[22:50] <Ash> “Sacrificed more likely.”
[22:50] <Dylan> “gross”
[22:51] <Khophus> “Then eaten.”
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Just outside the doorway, you come up behind Therian and Miri and there, the large, large black stone tower just past them.
[22:53] <Khophus> “We found eaten people.”
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Therian shushes you before you can finish speaking of your discovery.
[22:54] <Khophus> “what?”
[22:54] <DM_Tol> Therian: “There is movement over there. Come on.”
[22:54] <DM_Tol> He moves back and to the left.
[22:54] * Khophus checks his shield.
[22:54] <DM_Tol> Dylan you look at the large towers, and concentrate on detecing evil, and pass out overwhelmed by the sensations.
[22:55] <DM_Tol> * As this retro 10th session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_10_-_9-17-2017_-_a_side_story_1.txt · Last modified: 2017/09/24 23:07 (external edit)