Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:sfss:session_50_-_2-8-15_-_the_pit_of_shame

[20:18] <@GWRD> Last time we met, the group defeated 3 animated dolls made of bone, hair, and other unsavory materials. They seemed to attack with a hint of intelligence as they adjusted their tactics in response to the group.
[20:18] <@GWRD> Soulbound Dolls: http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/118595/Soul_doll.png [20:18] <Timandra_Eskander> (No – not clicking on that link. Fooled me once)
[20:19] <@GWRD> However now, successfully dispatched, the group is little worse for wear, with only minor injuries, though Timandra feels slightly weaker where one of them stabbed her in the ankle.
[20:20] <@GWRD> Now our session resumes with a 15' wide pit between them and beyond.
[20:20] <@GWRD> and little doll bodies on the ground with their tiny little daggers.
[20:20] * Timandra_Eskander sighs and tries to stand up.
[20:20] <Timandra_Eskander> “I hated dolls growing up. I hate them more now.” [20:21] <Katilyn> “At least you had dolls growing up. quit complaining.” [20:22] * Darenel looks at the remains of the dolls and then at the rest of the group and says“ Does anyone need healing?” [20:22] <Grikk> “You actually WANTED these things as younglings?” [20:22] <Timandra_Eskander> “Fine – next little set of stitched together servant of the darkness we run across, I'm pitching them at you yelling 'play with her!'.” [20:22] <Katilyn> “Fine by me, but if you do i'm not giving you my ale anymore.” [20:23] * Timandra_Eskander scowls at Katilyn.
[20:23] * Katilyn smirked. “I thought that would be your answer.” [20:25] * @Ptolamir shakes his head, “Evil creation for sure.“ [20:25] <Timandra_Eskander> “Anyone have an idea as to how we're getting over the pit?” [20:25] <Valio> “Acrobatics?” [20:26] <Katilyn> “perhaps we should try the trap door instead?” [20:26] * Darenel nods
[20:26] <Valio> “Sure. I doubt the pit is going anywhere.” [20:27] <Darenel> (so did anyone need help with poison or was that resolved?)
[20:28] <Timandra_Eskander> (I think I am going to have to work on that on my own)
[20:29] <@GWRD> (poison has past)
[20:30] * Timandra_Eskander looks around for a pole to vault over the pit.
[20:30] <@Theon_Tokko> (sorry, distracted)
[20:30] <@GWRD> (So over the pit or back to the trap door?)
[20:32] <Timandra_Eskander> (was there a ladder on the other side of the pit?)
[20:32] <@GWRD> You've seen no poles in your travels that would make getting over the pit any easier.
[20:32] <@GWRD> (nope)
[20:33] <Timandra_Eskander> “There were a second set of stairs. We can try those.” [20:33] * @Ptolamir takes a few steps back, “Are we going to attempt to get over this?”
[20:33] * @Ptolamir looks around.
[20:33] <@Ptolamir> (how hi is the ceiling?)
[20:33] <Katilyn> “I don't know about you all, but i say we head for the trap door.” [20:34] <Valio> “I feel an easier path may be a better option.” [20:34] <Grikk> “Don't trap doors usually lead to,well,traps?” [20:35] <@GWRD> (hold on and I'll let you know)
[20:35] <Katilyn> “The trap door WAS clear when i checked it. But at the rate all you old farts travel, who knows.” [20:35] * Timandra_Eskander snickers
[20:35] <@GWRD> (15' high)
[20:35] <@GWRD> (Passages: 15' high, rooms 30' unless otherwise noted)
[20:35] <Timandra_Eskander> “Sorry. There is the matter of the other set of stairs. It should lead around the pit.” [20:36] <Katilyn> “And it could lead to anoter dead end with unfriendlies like the other set that Grikk led us all down.” [20:36] <Katilyn> (*another)
[20:37] <Timandra_Eskander> “I'm fairly certain that a majority of things here are going to try to kill us.” [20:37] <Grikk> “I didn't lead you down there,you just chose to follow me. I had those skeletons perfectly handled.” [20:37] <Valio> “I believe Grikk did have that under control.” [20:38] <Katilyn> “My point remains that those stairs may not lead us back down to this place.” [20:39] <Valio> “They may not. Are we certain we want to go this way?” [20:39] <Timandra_Eskander> “But we should look, or climb down and try to climb up.” [20:39] <Katilyn> “Or we could try the trap door. Lets vote.” [20:40] <@GWRD> Beyond the trap door the passageway continues another 20 feet before turning left and right.
[20:40] <@Ptolamir> “Hmm”
[20:41] <Valio> “Shall we try the other stairs?” [20:42] * Timandra_Eskander raises her hand to that.
[20:42] <Katilyn> “Anyone else for the stair option?” [20:43] <@GWRD> (Marching order?)
[20:43] <Darenel> “which ever path we choose we should thread more carefully to avoid any other traps.” [20:43] * Katilyn will take up the rear whichever path is chosen.
[20:44] <Darenel> (so Ptol leads with burning hands at ready?)
[20:44] * Darenel will travel near the middle
[20:45] * Valio looks to the others and then starts heading towards the other set of stairs.
[20:45] <Katilyn> “Guess we are going ot the stairs.” Will wait for the others before taking up the rear.
[20:47] * Timandra_Eskander moves towards the middle, switching her sword and shield for a bow and arrows.
[20:47] <@GWRD> (4 down, 4 to go)
[20:48] * @Theon_Tokko follows after the group
[20:48] <@GWRD> (DM assigns Wyran to middle, and assumes Ptolamir will take back)
[20:49] <@GWRD> (Which puts Valio and Grikk in the lead)
[20:49] <Darenel> (anyone who can actively look for traps?)
[20:49] <@GWRD> (She's in the back)
[20:49] <Darenel> (good spot to look for traps, dont want them sneaking up on us from behind)
[20:49] * @Ptolamir glances behind from time to time.
[20:50] <@GWRD> (Though anybody can look for traps)
[20:50] <Darenel> (oh i thought its a specific skill, or can we just use perception)
[20:50] <Timandra_Eskander> (brb)
[20:51] <@Ptolamir> (what’s the little facebook symbol on the map)
[20:51] <Darenel> (trapdoor with shortcut through the dungeone)
[20:51] <Valio> 1d20+5 (percep?)
[20:51] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(15)+5]: 20 (percep?)
[20:51] <@GWRD> (The f in the black circle with the white ring around it?)
[20:51] <Katilyn> (back, sorry)
[20:52] <@Ptolamir> (yes, the facebook symbol. )
[20:52] <@GWRD> (That's a trapdoor in the floor)
[20:53] <@GWRD> Valio stops everybody as he spots a suspicious seam in the floor.
[20:53] <Valio> “I think the floor is trapped here, too.” [20:54] <@Theon_Tokko> “Well why did you go and trap it for?!” [20:54] * Timandra_Eskander looks around
[20:54] * Valio frowns. “I don't have much knowledge on traps, but the floor looks similar to the other hallway.” [20:55] * Darenel looks around for any way to jam the trap
[20:55] <Katilyn> “Let me see if i can disable it.” [20:56] * Timandra_Eskander nocks an arrow
[20:56] <@Ptolamir> (afk)
[20:57] <@Theon_Tokko> (Wheres the damned gnome-bard when we need him… lol)
[20:57] * Katilyn will attempt to move up to the trap if people will move out of her way.
[20:57] * @Theon_Tokko lets Katilyn by
[20:58] <@GWRD> (Darenel can attempt a Disable Device check if he has the skill)
[20:58] * Valio shifts against the wall and moves back a bit once the way is cleared.
[20:58] <@GWRD> (Or Kat can do it)
[20:59] <Darenel> (no disable device here)
[20:59] <Katilyn> 1d20+11
[20:59] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(6)+11]: 17
[20:59] * Katilyn will attempt to disable the device.
[20:59] <Katilyn> (with that roll :P)
[21:00] <@GWRD> Katilyn jams some bone in a couple spots, and braces some others so that the trap should stay shut and not trigger.
[21:01] * Timandra_Eskander flinches a little
[21:01] * Katilyn dusts herself off and smirks. “That should do it.” [21:02] * @Theon_Tokko darts across the now stable platform ready to jump should it start to give
[21:02] <Darenel> “Can it hold few of us or should we cross single file?” [21:03] <@GWRD> (Reflex save Theon, DC 15)
[21:03] <Katilyn> “I'd do single file to be on the safe side.” [21:03] <@Ptolamir> (back)
[21:03] <Katilyn> (wb)
[21:03] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3 vs dc15
[21:03] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(14)+3]: 17 vs dc15 Success
[21:04] <@GWRD> Theon dashes across and leaps for dear life when he hears the sound of bone snapping behind him, followed by the floor slamming the sides of the wall.
[21:04] * Timandra_Eskander waits for her – crap!
[21:04] * Timandra_Eskander looks around
[21:04] <Katilyn> “Or, that could happen.” [21:04] <@Theon_Tokko> (guessing acrobatics?)
[21:04] <@GWRD> (No the reflex save)
[21:04] <@Theon_Tokko> (cool, I made that then lol)
[21:04] <Darenel> (any doll crawling sounds in the pit?)
[21:05] <@GWRD> (nope)
[21:05] <Valio> “Nice save, Theon.” [21:05] <Katilyn> (total base save or ability under reflex?)
[21:05] * Darenel looks into the pit
[21:05] <@Theon_Tokko> “Well,” he looks for something to tie a rope off to, “maybe we can somehow make a bridge?” [21:05] <@GWRD> (he had to make the save, because he triggered the not-disabled trap)
[21:05] <Katilyn> (and does kat have to redo the disable or what?)
[21:06] <@GWRD> The pit is full of debris and little bits of broken bone, much like the other pit. There is also holes in the walls about 2' in diameter like the other pit.
[21:06] * Darenel shudders
[21:06] <@GWRD> (If you want to try to reset the trap and make it not open, you can make a roll.)
[21:07] <Katilyn> (what would that be?)
[21:07] <@GWRD> (Disable Device again, or Craft: Trap)
[21:07] * Katilyn will set about trying to rejigger the device again.
[21:07] <Katilyn> 1d20+11
[21:07] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(3)+11]: 14
[21:07] <Katilyn> (fudge)
[21:08] * @Theon_Tokko tries to help Katilyn
[21:08] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20-1 (disable device)
[21:08] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(1)-1]: 0 (disable device) (Oh, no)
[21:08] <@Theon_Tokko> (haha lol)
[21:09] * Timandra_Eskander creeps closer to pull her aside if needed
[21:09] <Katilyn> (tol, i hate your bot :P)
[21:09] <Timandra_Eskander> (get in line)
[21:09] <@Theon_Tokko> (I think I did manage to break the trap lol)
[21:09] <@GWRD> (Reflex save DC 15 for Kat, adjusted by whatever gives you bonuses to save vs. traps)
[21:09] <Darenel> (what are the chances of dropping in and climbing out on the other side?)
[21:09] <Katilyn> (hang on….)
[21:09] <@GWRD> (Oh and a roll for Theon too)
[21:09] <@Theon_Tokko> (Oh, Zio said he was gonna be here…, where is he?! maybe I should text it…)
[21:09] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3 vs Dc15
[21:09] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(11)+3]: 14 vs Dc15 Fail
[21:09] * @Theon_Tokko tumbles in
[21:10] <@GWRD> 3d6
[21:10] <TolBot> [GWRD's 3d6(13)]: 13
[21:10] <Katilyn> 1d20+7 vs DC15
[21:10] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(15)+7]: 22 vs DC15 Success
[21:10] <@GWRD> Theon lands with a hard thud, a piece of bone going through his leg as he hits the ground.
[21:10] * Timandra_Eskander winches
[21:10] * @Theon_Tokko growls with the pain, and tries to climb back out
[21:11] * Valio sighs. “So much for that amazing jump a few moments ago…” [21:12] <@GWRD> (Climb check DC 20)
[21:12] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5 vs dc20
[21:12] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(16)+5]: 21 vs dc20 Success
[21:12] * @Ptolamir looks back occassionally still.
[21:12] <@Theon_Tokko> ('it' approaches!)
[21:13] * Zionia (Zionia@a905e2f.rcmdva.fios.36f5c1fe.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
[21:13] <Darenel> (wow)
[21:13] <Zionia> <humps tolbot for good luck>
[21:13] * TolBot glares at Zionia.
[21:13] <@Theon_Tokko> ('it' has arrived.. glad I got out of his pit…)
[21:13] <Valio> (summoned from the pit!)
[21:13] <@GWRD> Theon pulls his wounded pride up the 30' pit.
[21:13] <@GWRD> (Nooooooooooo!)
[21:13] <Zionia> <XD>
[21:14] * @Theon_Tokko leans up against the wall, and works on taking care of his fresh wound while the others try to figure out a way across
[21:14] <@GWRD> (How appropriate this arrival will be in a moment)
[21:15] <Darenel> (still no signs of dolls)
[21:15] <Zionia> < >,> >
[21:16] <@GWRD> (nope)
[21:16] <Katilyn> “That must be one insane trap.” she shook her head. “What do we do now?” [21:17] <Darenel> (so can we climb down on this side and up on the other, with help f eachother and ropes if we still have any)
[21:17] <@Theon_Tokko> “Watch that first step, its a doozy” [21:18] <@GWRD> (Yes)
[21:18] * Timandra_Eskander relaxes a little and puts away her bow
[21:19] <Timandra_Eskander> “I should go next and take care of Theon.
[21:21] * Timandra_Eskander takes a couple of steps back.
[21:21] <Darenel> (so we are jumping across?)
[21:21] * @Ptolamir watches on, “The best climber should go last, no?” [21:22] <Katilyn> “I'll go last, i was the one who put us in this predicament.” [21:23] * Darenel steps to the edge to prepare to climb down
[21:24] <@GWRD> (Climb DC: 20, Acrobatics: DC 15)
[21:24] <@GWRD> (30 on the acro if you don't have a running start)
[21:25] <Katilyn> (can i ad my acrobatics and climb together? *giggles*)
[21:25] <@GWRD> (no)
[21:25] <Katilyn> (foeey :P)
[21:25] <Valio> (shoulda said 'sure, but at DC 35')
[21:26] <Zionia> <DOO EET!>
[21:26] <@GWRD> (So who is doing what?)
[21:26] <Zionia> <If you fail…i hump you>
[21:26] <Katilyn> (hell no zio)
[21:26] <Timandra_Eskander> <my body is ready>
[21:26] <Darenel> (but are the dice willing)
[21:27] <@GWRD> (Timandra and Darenel, do your actions)
[21:27] <@Ptolamir> (can’t remember why I have a -6 MIsc penalty to all my dex skills)
[21:27] * Valio makes a running jump for the other side.
[21:27] <Valio> 1d20
[21:27] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(7)]: 7
[21:27] <@GWRD> 3d6
[21:27] <TolBot> [GWRD's 3d6(13)]: 13
[21:27] * Darenel tries to climb down
[21:27] <Darenel> 1d20+5
[21:27] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(16)+5]: 21
[21:27] <Valio> “Ouch.” [21:27] <@GWRD> Valio almost does a belly dive into the pit, painfully mis-estimating how far he needed to jump
[21:28] <@Ptolamir> (any it’s only all my STR skills too, huh)
[21:28] * Valio heals himself as he stands back up.
[21:28] <Valio> 1d8+3
[21:29] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(4)+3]: 7
[21:29] <@GWRD> That is when you see squeezing out of the southern hole, something indescribably horrific looking.
[21:29] <@GWRD> Creature: http://bogleech.com/dnd/mouther3.jpg [21:29] * Darenel whacks it with his staff
[21:29] <@GWRD> (And yes this is for real)
[21:29] <@Theon_Tokko> (Oh God! It looks like my middle half-sister! All Mouth roflmao)
[21:30] <@GWRD> `init rolls please
[21:30] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll (1d20+modifier).
[21:30] * Timandra_Eskander unlimbers her bow and nocks an arrow.
[21:30] <@Ptolamir> (My level 2 sheet did not have this penalty, which used PCGen. But this spreadsheet I used for Lvl3 has a -6 penalty on all my STR and DEX skills. Any idea what that is?)
[21:30] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+2
[21:30] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(7)+2]: 9
[21:30] <Valio> 1d20+4
[21:30] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(2)+4]: 6
[21:30] <Katilyn> 1d20+8
[21:30] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(6)+8]: 14
[21:30] <Darenel> 1d20+1 Init
[21:30] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(18)+1]: 19 Init
[21:30] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3
[21:30] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 for Ryu's Sister
[21:30] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(6)+3]: 9
[21:30] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(6)+3]: 9 for Ryu's Sister
[21:30] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+6
[21:30] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(1)+6]: 7 (*cough*)
[21:30] <@GWRD> (no Tol)
[21:31] <@Ptolamir> (I’m wondering if its an errant Armor penalty)
[21:31] <@GWRD> (Probably)
[21:32] <@GWRD> `init report
[21:32] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Darenel, 19, Katilyn, 14, Ryu's Sister, 9, Ptolamir, 9, Theon_Tokko, 9, Timandra_Eskander, 7, Valio, 6
[21:33] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Kat)
[21:33] <Katilyn> (how far is kat from ryu's sister?)
[21:33] * Darenel summons a Direbadger to attack the creature
[21:34] <@GWRD> (Kat is at the edge of the pit, 30' up and 10' over)
[21:34] <Katilyn> (thanks)
[21:35] * Zionia noms shmodareenergh
[21:36] * Katilyn will pull out her cross bow and if she can shoot at the creature.
[21:37] <Darenel> (so my badger attacks next turn?)
[21:37] <@GWRD> (If it's loaded you can, if not you'll have to load. (Free if it's light, not free if it's a heavy x-bow)
[21:37] <@GWRD> (your summoned creatures attack the turn you summon them.)
[21:38] <Katilyn> (it just says crossbow, hand)
[21:38] <Darenel> 3#1d20+4 (Bite , 2claws)
[21:38] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(12)+4]: 16 (Bite , 2claws)
[21:38] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(17)+4]: 21 (Bite , 2claws)
[21:38] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(16)+4]: 20 (Bite , 2claws)
[21:38] <@GWRD> (Then you can shoot this round)
[21:39] <Katilyn> 1d20+4
[21:39] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(14)+4]: 18
[21:39] <@GWRD> (AC 19, the claws hit)
[21:39] <Darenel> 2#1d3+2
[21:39] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d3(2)+2]: 4
[21:39] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d3(2)+2]: 4
[21:40] <@GWRD> The badger goes to work on WHATEVER THAT IS, but it's claws can't get through it's malleable amorphous body, as the crossbow bolt bounces off.
[21:41] <Timandra_Eskander> (quick! Set the badger on fire!)
[21:41] <Zionia> <injects honey into badger to make it a honeybadger>
[21:42] <@GWRD> 6#1d20+7 vs badger
[21:42] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(13)+7]: 20 vs badger
[21:42] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(5)+7]: 12 vs badger
[21:42] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+7]: 16 vs badger
[21:42] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(14)+7]: 21 vs badger
[21:42] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(19)+7]: 26 vs badger
[21:42] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+7]: 16 vs badger
[21:42] <Darenel> (ac 14)
[21:43] <@GWRD> 5d4
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 5d4(17)]: 17
[21:43] <Darenel> (le ouch)
[21:43] <@GWRD> 5#1d20+7 vs badger (Grapple attempts)
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+7]: 23 vs badger (Grapple attempts)
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(3)+7]: 10 vs badger (Grapple attempts)
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(3)+7]: 10 vs badger (Grapple attempts)
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(11)+7]: 18 vs badger (Grapple attempts)
[21:44] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(6)+7]: 13 vs badger (Grapple attempts)
[21:44] <@GWRD> The creature starts biting the crap out of the badger ripping off chunks of hide before clamping down on the creature and holding it in one of its mouths.
[21:44] <Timandra_Eskander> “OK – that's a little disturbing…” [21:44] <@GWRD> 1d2
[21:44] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d2(1)]: 1
[21:45] * @Ptolamir cringes
[21:45] <@GWRD> 1d20+6 to Darenel's touch AC
[21:45] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+6]: 26 to Darenel's touch AC (Excellent)
[21:45] <@GWRD> 1d20+6 to Darenel's touch AC Confirmation
[21:45] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(1)+6]: 7 to Darenel's touch AC Confirmation (Oh, no)
[21:45] <@GWRD> (DC 18 Fort save please Darenel)
[21:45] <Darenel> 1d20+4
[21:45] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(17)+4]: 21
[21:46] <Darenel> (why is that thing trying to touch me)
[21:46] <@GWRD> It spits a glob of acid at Darenel's face, which gets in his eyes. The glob of slimy spit burns, but you manage to close your eyes and wipe it away before it can cause any harm.
[21:47] <@GWRD> (EVERYBODY: DC 13 Will save please… mind affecting)
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> (including me? lol)
[21:47] <Sklyla> (I'm in love with this thing)
[21:47] <Katilyn> 1d20+1
[21:47] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(10)+1]: 11
[21:47] <@GWRD> (You would be included in the category of EVERYBODY)
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1 vs dc13
[21:47] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(6)+1]: 7 vs dc13 Fail
[21:47] <@GWRD> 1d20+1 for Wyran
[21:47] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(7)+1]: 8 for Wyran
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> (but I'm sitting out of the pit tending my wound :( )
[21:47] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+6
[21:48] <Darenel> 1d20+8 vs Dc13
[21:48] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(12)+8]: 20 vs Dc13 Success
[21:48] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(12)+6]: 18
[21:48] <@GWRD> (Wyran made it, he is actually +6 to save)
[21:48] <Valio> 1d20+3
[21:48] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(2)+3]: 5
[21:49] <Darenel> ( i tried to get you guys to the shortcut through the trapdoor first.. but nooo let see what other terrible things are in those pits)
[21:50] <@GWRD> 1d20+1 for Grikk
[21:50] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+1]: 21 for Grikk (Marvelous)
[21:50] <Darenel> (so this thing is imune to melee damage?)
[21:51] <@GWRD> It lets out a maddening cacaphony of noise that is indescribably maddening… like nails on a chaukboard, mixed with crunchy styorfoam, nagging wives, and other horrific maddening noises.
[21:51] <@GWRD> (I never said that)
[21:51] <@Theon_Tokko> (afk making sure the niece/kiddos are in bed)
[21:51] <@GWRD> (You could attempt a knowledge: dungeoneering to know more)
[21:52] <Valio> (ah, sonic attack… I still failed, even with a +4 bonus)
[21:52] <Darenel> (just thought because my badgers 2 hits didnt do anything)
[21:52] <@Ptolamir> (Mage, Dawn gave you the bird)
[21:53] <Timandra_Eskander> (Thankfully, the wife is distracted by Colbert)
[21:53] <@GWRD> (Sorry Dawn :( )
[21:54] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Theon(special), Timandra, Valio(special), Grikk)
[21:56] <@Ptolamir> (Do I have line of sight?)
[21:56] * @Ptolamir lays low in th back.
[21:56] <Darenel> (forgot to say that badger is now in blood rage)
[21:57] <@Theon_Tokko> (ok back)
[21:57] <Katilyn> (wb)
[21:58] <@Theon_Tokko> (danke)
[21:58] <@GWRD> (You do not have line of sight)
[21:58] <@GWRD> (You are 20' from the edge of the pit, with people in the way)
[21:59] <Darenel> (get closer and shoot between Grikks legs)
[21:59] <@GWRD> (Theon, percentage roll please)
[21:59] <@GWRD> (Or 1d4, your choice)
[21:59] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d100
[21:59] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d100(42)]: 42
[22:00] <@GWRD> Theon starts babbling to himself incoherently.
[22:00] <Valio> (all the wins.)
[22:00] <@GWRD> (Timandra, Valio(special), Grikk, Darenel, Kat(special))
[22:01] <Katilyn> (what's special mean?)
[22:01] * Crichton (Crichton@a1b122f2.hsd1.co.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
[22:01] * Timandra_Eskander aims an arrow and lets it loose.
[22:01] <@GWRD> (It means you start your turn rolling 1d100 or 1d4, your choice)
[22:01] * Crichton is now known as Wyran
[22:02] <Darenel> (if you make the roll you get a muffin)
[22:02] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+5
[22:02] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(3)+5]: 8
[22:02] <Valio> 1d100
[22:02] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d100(53)]: 53
[22:02] <Katilyn> 1d100
[22:02] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d100(86)]: 86
[22:02] <@GWRD> Timandra hits the side of the pit with her shot.
[22:02] <Timandra_Eskander> (*bleeping* *Bleepity-bleeping*)
[22:02] <@GWRD> (Valio, what object(s) do you have in hand presently?)
[22:03] <Valio> (I was making a jump and then healed, so… nothing?)
[22:04] <Darenel> (can i attack this thing with my staff or i am limited to range only from where i am)
[22:04] <@GWRD> (ok roll 1d8+str and that's the non-lethal damage you deal to yourself)
[22:04] <Valio> 1d8+1
[22:04] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(6)+1]: 7
[22:04] * Theon_Tokko sets mode: +vvv Darenel Grikk Katilyn
[22:04] <@GWRD> (You can 5' step towards it and hit it)
[22:04] * Theon_Tokko sets mode: +vvv Timandra_Eskander Valio Wyran
[22:05] * Theon_Tokko sets mode: +v TolBot
[22:05] <@GWRD> Valio starts hitting himself.
[22:05] <@GWRD> (Grikk, Wyran, Darenel, Kat(special))
[22:05] <+Katilyn> (i rolled)
[22:05] <@GWRD> (We'll get to you soon, don't worry >:) )
[22:05] <+Katilyn> (ooh ok…thought you missed it)
[22:07] <@GWRD> Grikk backs away from the pit, having no ranged weapon to assist with.
[22:07] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Darenel, Kat(special))
[22:08] <+Wyran> 1) [22:08] <@GWRD> (We can wait on you, if you like)
[22:09] <+Wyran> 2) [22:09] * +Wyran and shoot a bolt of fire down at the sob
[22:09] <+Wyran> 3) [22:09] <@GWRD> (ok)
[22:10] * +Katilyn will try one last cross bow attack.
[22:10] <+Wyran> 1d20+2 vs touch AC
[22:10] <+TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(14)+2]: 16 vs touch AC
[22:10] <@GWRD> (hit)
[22:10] <+Katilyn> 1d20+4
[22:10] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(15)+4]: 19
[22:10] <+Wyran> 1d6+1
[22:10] <+TolBot> [Wyran's 1d6(2)+1]: 3
[22:10] <@GWRD> (Roll me 1d2 Kat)
[22:10] <+Katilyn> 1d2
[22:10] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d2(1)]: 1
[22:11] <+Wyran> 4) [22:11] * @Ptolamir continues to try and get line of sight.
[22:11] <@GWRD> Wyran hits the mouthy beast with a bolt of fire, causing it to scream out of several mouths, as Kat turns and shoots Timandra in the chest with her crossbow.
[22:11] <@GWRD> (Roll damage Kat)
[22:11] <+Katilyn> 1d4
[22:11] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d4(2)]: 2
[22:12] <@GWRD> (2 damage to Timandra)
[22:12] <+Katilyn> (fudge)
[22:12] <@GWRD> (Darenel)
[22:12] <+Darenel> 1d8+3 heal on badger
[22:12] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d8(2)+3]: 5 heal on badger
[22:12] * +Timandra_Eskander looks stunned as a bolt jabs her in hte arm.
[22:12] <+Timandra_Eskander> “You're paying for my first round!” [22:12] <+Darenel> (do i do badger action too)
[22:12] <+Katilyn> (sorry!)
[22:12] <@GWRD> (yes)
[22:12] <+Katilyn> “I aimed at the creature! i don't know what happened!” [22:12] <+Darenel> 3#1d20+5 (blood rage)
[22:12] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(16)+5]: 21 (blood rage)
[22:12] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(20)+5]: 25 (blood rage) (Way to go!)
[22:12] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(16)+5]: 21 (blood rage)
[22:13] <@GWRD> Katilyn's eyes are somewhat glazed over and she looks very disoriented.
[22:13] <@GWRD> (3 hits)
[22:13] <+Darenel> 1d4+3
[22:13] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d4(2)+3]: 5
[22:13] <+Darenel> 1d3+3
[22:13] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d3(3)+3]: 6
[22:13] <+Darenel> 1d3+3
[22:13] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d3(3)+3]: 6
[22:14] <+Darenel> (i assumed as bloodrage give it +2 str it gets another pont added to attack)
[22:14] <@GWRD> The badger goes crazy on the mouth-monster, but barely breaks the skin.
[22:14] <+Darenel> (if not just remove 1 from dmg rolls)
[22:14] <@GWRD> (Correct)
[22:14] <@GWRD> 1d20+7 maintain grapple on Badger
[22:14] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+7]: 27 maintain grapple on Badger (Most impressive.)
[22:15] <+Katilyn> (is that fuzzyness on going?)
[22:15] <@GWRD> It wraps its body around the badger and engulfs it whole.
[22:15] <@GWRD> 6d4
[22:15] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 6d4(18)]: 18
[22:15] <+Darenel> (NOOO FLUFFY)
[22:15] <@GWRD> (18 damage to the badger, +1 per HD it has)
[22:16] <@GWRD> (If it's still alive that is)
[22:16] <+Valio> (poof)
[22:16] <+Darenel> (well badger is at ferocity so it doesnt go dead until its at negative con )
[22:16] <@GWRD> (That's the question here)
[22:17] <+Darenel> (22hp and 17(+2 from blood rage))
[22:17] <@GWRD> 1d2
[22:17] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d2(2)]: 2
[22:17] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+7 vs Valio's AC
[22:17] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(18)+7]: 25 vs Valio's AC
[22:17] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(8)+7]: 15 vs Valio's AC
[22:17] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(15)+7]: 22 vs Valio's AC
[22:17] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+7 vs Darenel's AC
[22:17] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(7)+7]: 14 vs Darenel's AC
[22:17] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(19)+7]: 26 vs Darenel's AC
[22:17] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(13)+7]: 20 vs Darenel's AC
[22:18] <@GWRD> 2d4 damage to Valio
[22:18] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 2d4(4)]: 4 damage to Valio
[22:18] <@GWRD> 3d4 damage to Valio
[22:18] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 3d4(6)]: 6 damage to Valio
[22:18] <@GWRD> (correction 3d4 to Darenel)
[22:18] <+Darenel> (ok 6 to me)
[22:18] <@GWRD> 2#1d20+7 grapple vs Valio
[22:18] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(1)+7]: 8 grapple vs Valio (Uh oh.)
[22:18] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+7]: 27 grapple vs Valio (Perfect!)
[22:19] <+Valio> (Crit confusion!)
[22:19] <+Darenel> (i think badger is at -10 hp or so so it will not last another round)
[22:20] <@GWRD> (Probably not)
[22:20] <@GWRD> The creature bites into Valio and Darenel, as it wraps it's slimy mouthy tendrils around Valio.
[22:21] <+Timandra_Eskander> (Foamy! No!)
[22:21] <@GWRD> 1d2
[22:21] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d2(2)]: 2
[22:21] <@GWRD> 1d20+6 vs Wyran's touch AC
[22:21] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+6]: 22 vs Wyran's touch AC
[22:21] <@GWRD> (DC 18 fort save for Wyran please)
[22:21] <@GWRD> (Kat, Theon, Valio DC 13 Will saves, mind affecting)
[22:22] <+Wyran> 5) [22:22] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm just holding, nothing I can do from up here)
[22:22] <+Katilyn> (is kat still all wonky?)
[22:22] <+Wyran> 1d20+5 vs DC 18 fort save
[22:22] <+TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(5)+5]: 10 vs DC 18 fort save
[22:23] <+Darenel> ( the thing is a professional mouth, it sure knows how to drool)
[22:23] <+Valio> 1d20+3 (+4 if sonic)
[22:23] <+TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(13)+3]: 16 (+4 if sonic)
[22:23] <@GWRD> 1d4 rounds blinded for Wyran
[22:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(4)]: 4 rounds blinded for Wyran
[22:23] <+Katilyn> 1d20+1
[22:23] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(12)+1]: 13
[22:23] <+Katilyn> (fudge)
[22:24] <@GWRD> (Still need the roll from Theon)
[22:24] <+Timandra_Eskander> (if we give it a microphone, will it start a talk show?)
[22:24] <@GWRD> (Init: Ptolamir, Theon, Timandra, Valio, Wyran)
[22:25] <+Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+6
[22:25] <+TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(8)+6]: 14
[22:25] <@GWRD> (Miss)
[22:25] <@GWRD> It's amorphous body moves out of the way of Timandra's shot.
[22:25] * @Ptolamir waits for line of sight.
[22:25] <@GWRD> (Init: Theon, Valio, Wyran, HOLDING: Ptolamir)
[22:26] <@GWRD> 1d20+1 vs 13 for Theon
[22:26] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(1)+1]: 2 vs 13 for Theon (*cough*)
[22:26] <@GWRD> 1d4
[22:26] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(4)]: 4
[22:27] <@GWRD> While Kat and Valio both look like they've recovered from the maddening effects of the mouther, Theon does not appear so lucky as he jumps down the pit to attack Valio.
[22:27] <@GWRD> 3d6 fall damage for Theon
[22:27] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 3d6(14)]: 14 fall damage for Theon
[22:28] <@Theon_Tokko> (don't I get some sort of save?)
[22:29] <+Darenel> ( we are barely holding our ground against some dolls and slimes how are we going to beat the boss)
[22:29] <@GWRD> (Yeah I rolled it for you, because I asked twice and you didn't roll it)
[22:29] <+Katilyn> (we aren't)
[22:29] <@Theon_Tokko> (sorry, was distracted, had to find another chair the back jus' broke off v.v)
[22:29] <@Theon_Tokko> (aight though)
[22:29] <+Valio> (does he drop or strike at me?)
[22:30] <@GWRD> (If the fall didn't knock you out, would you please make an attack against Valio, at -2)
[22:30] <@Theon_Tokko> (bare fisted I'm assuming as I didn't have a weapon drawn?)
[22:30] <@GWRD> (yes)
[22:30] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1 (+3 str -2 = 1)
[22:30] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(18)+1]: 19 (+3 str -2 = 1)
[22:30] <@GWRD> (Roll non-lethal damage)
[22:31] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d3+3
[22:31] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d3(3)+3]: 6
[22:31] <@GWRD> Valio gets punched in the gut from Theon's surprise decent into the pit.
[22:31] <@GWRD> (Init: Valio, Wyran, HOLDING: Ptolamir)
[22:32] * +Valio drops from the attack.
[22:33] <@GWRD> (Init: Wyran, Darenel, Kat, Ryu's Sister HOLDING: Ptolamir)
[22:34] * +Wyran raises his head up and casts Create Water above himself to try and quickly wash away whatever what in his eyes
[22:34] <+Katilyn> “I just want to say for the record, that i didn't want to come this way!” she shouts to Timandra before moving back to allow ptolamir through.
[22:35] * +Darenel casts Frigid touch on the creature
[22:36] <@GWRD> (I'll let you shave 2 rounds off your blindness)
[22:36] <+Wyran> 6) [22:36] <@GWRD> (Casting defensively?)
[22:36] <+Wyran> 7) [22:36] <+Darenel> (its a melee touch attack)
[22:36] <@GWRD> (That question was meant for Darenel)
[22:36] <+Wyran> 8) [22:36] <@GWRD> (it's still a spell you're casting)
[22:36] <+Timandra_Eskander> “So shooting a bolt was silent protest, right?” [22:36] <+Darenel> (at least what it says in the description)
[22:37] <+Timandra_Eskander> “I am so going to buy expensive wine!” [22:37] * +Wyran will move back 5ft from his psot after teh casting
[22:37] <@GWRD> (Creating an opening for Ptolamir)
[22:38] <+Darenel> (so does this count as spell or touch attack, i was going to roll for it)
[22:38] <@GWRD> (Both)
[22:38] * @Ptolamir maneuvers yet again to get los.
[22:38] <@GWRD> (It's a spell you are casting, which means it's possible to provoke an AoO. If you cast defensively and are successful, you can avoid the AoO.)
[22:39] <+Darenel> (how do i cast this defensively)
[22:39] <+Katilyn> “I was aiming at the creature! i still don't know how i hit you!” [22:39] <@GWRD> (Roll 1d20+level+any concentration bonuses, vs DC 15 + 2x spell level)
[22:40] <@GWRD> (If you fail however you lose the spell)
[22:41] <+Timandra_Eskander> “Because you're horrible with a crossbow!” [22:41] <+Katilyn> “I am not! Not that horrible! You don't exactly look all mouth you know. Well…maybe to the men, but not to me!” [22:41] <+Darenel> (ill just eat the AoO)
[22:41] * @Ptolamir continues peering.
[22:42] <@GWRD> 1d20+7
[22:42] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(18)+7]: 25
[22:42] <@GWRD> 1d4
[22:42] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(2)]: 2
[22:42] <+Darenel> 1d20+3
[22:42] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(15)+3]: 18
[22:42] <@GWRD> It bites Darenel as he attempts to cast a spell
[22:42] <+Katilyn> (doesn't ptol have line of sight now?)
[22:42] <@GWRD> (Yes he does)
[22:43] <+Darenel> (also is this a hit vs touch)
[22:43] <@GWRD> (Hit)
[22:43] <@GWRD> (oh and don't forget your badger)
[22:43] <+Darenel> 4d6
[22:43] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 4d6(17)]: 17
[22:43] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4 Scorching Ray
[22:43] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(6)+4]: 10 Scorching Ray
[22:43] <@Ptolamir> (Woo hoo!)
[22:43] <+Darenel> (and this thing is staggered if it can be at all)
[22:43] <@GWRD> (Miss)
[22:44] <+Darenel> 3#1d20+5
[22:44] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(11)+5]: 16
[22:44] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(13)+5]: 18
[22:44] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(4)+5]: 9
[22:44] <+Darenel> (badger misses from inside i reckon)
[22:44] <@GWRD> (2 hits)
[22:44] <+Timandra_Eskander> “I – you – I – I am not going to dignify that with a response!” [22:44] <+Timandra_Eskander> (this creature is tougher on the inside?)
[22:45] <+Katilyn> “only cause you know it's true!” [22:45] <+Darenel> 1d4+3 bite
[22:45] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d4(2)+3]: 5 bite
[22:45] <+Darenel> 1d3+3 claw
[22:45] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d3(2)+3]: 5 claw
[22:45] <+Timandra_Eskander> “It was *one* time! And I'll have you know, I apologized right afterwards!” [22:45] <+Darenel> (and now badger goes poof)
[22:45] <@GWRD> The insides of the mouth-beast wiggle and jiggle as the badger attempts to fight its way out.
[22:46] <+Katilyn> “Sure ok…i'll believe that…maybe!” [22:46] <@GWRD> (Init: Kat, Ryu's Sister HOLDING: Ptolamir)
[22:46] <@GWRD> (Init: Kat, Ryu's Sister)
[22:47] * +Katilyn will stay in the back so that ptol might have more chances.
[22:48] <@GWRD> 1d20+7 grapple maintain vs. Valio
[22:48] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(11)+7]: 18 grapple maintain vs. Valio
[22:48] <+Darenel> (so that AoO did how much dmg to me?)
[22:48] <@GWRD> (2)
[22:48] <+Katilyn> (brb)
[22:49] <@GWRD> It engulfs Valio into its body… [22:49] <@GWRD> 6d4 (+2 con damage)
[22:49] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 6d4(20)]: 20 (+2 con damage)
[22:49] <@Ptolamir> (Sorry, but gotta go afk.)
[22:49] <+Darenel> (ewww)
[22:50] <+Valio> (I think I'm fully dead. Wow, that was unexpected…)
[22:51] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+7 vs Darenel
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+7]: 23 vs Darenel
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(8)+7]: 15 vs Darenel
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(12)+7]: 19 vs Darenel
[22:51] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+7 vs Theon
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+7]: 23 vs Theon
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(13)+7]: 20 vs Theon
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(11)+7]: 18 vs Theon
[22:51] <@GWRD> 3d4 damage to Darenel
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 3d4(10)]: 10 damage to Darenel
[22:51] <@GWRD> 3d4 damage to Theon
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 3d4(4)]: 4 damage to Theon
[22:51] * +Timandra_Eskander aims her arrows above the bulge that was Valio.
[22:51] <@GWRD> 1d2
[22:51] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d2(2)]: 2
[22:52] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+7 grapple vs Theon
[22:52] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(8)+7]: 15 grapple vs Theon
[22:52] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(1)+7]: 8 grapple vs Theon (Nooooo!)
[22:52] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+7]: 23 grapple vs Theon
[22:52] <+Katilyn> (back)
[22:52] <@GWRD> It grabs hold of Theon as it love bites him and mauls Darenel.
[22:52] <+Darenel> (and this is how the party ends)
[22:53] <@GWRD> (Theon, Timandra, Valio, Grikk, Wyran)
[22:54] * @Theon_Tokko draws his blade and attacks
[22:54] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[22:54] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(6)+7]: 13
[22:54] <@GWRD> 1d20+7 AoO
[22:54] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(5)+7]: 12 AoO
[22:54] * +Timandra_Eskander aims an arrow
[22:55] <@GWRD> (FYI: You can only use a 1-hander when grappled, so go with the bastard sword)
[22:56] <@GWRD> (Timandra, Valio, Grikk, Wyran)
[22:56] <+Darenel> (so valio died for real? i though he only had non lethal dmg until the thing ate him)
[22:56] <@Theon_Tokko> (thats what I was using)
[22:57] <+Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+5
[22:57] <+TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(16)+5]: 21
[22:57] <@GWRD> (hit)
[22:57] <+Timandra_Eskander> (about time)
[22:57] <+Timandra_Eskander> 1d8
[22:57] <+TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d8(6)]: 6
[22:57] <@GWRD> The arrow barely sticks in its flexible body.
[22:58] <+Valio> (I took damage from the initial fall, then it ate me for a whole bunch of damage.)
[22:58] <Sklyla> (I'm so happy I could be present for this special occasion)
[22:58] <@GWRD> (Valio (Fort Save DC 18, Grikk, Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[22:59] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat, Ryu's sister)
[23:00] <+Valio> 1d20
[23:00] <+TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(1)]: 1 (Nooooo!)
[23:00] * +Wyran remains where he is and pops a channel positive energy to heal surrounding allies
[23:00] <@GWRD> (Hits those not in the pit)
[23:00] <+Wyran> 2d6 HP gain IF you're not in the pit
[23:00] <+TolBot> [Wyran's 2d6(2)]: 2 HP gain IF you're not in the pit
[23:00] <+Wyran> 9) [23:00] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat, Ryu's sister)
[23:01] <+Katilyn> (donno, i'm back up to full now lol)
[23:01] <@GWRD> (As it's Midnight, we can keep going to the end of the fight or stop here and resume next week?)
[23:01] <+Darenel> (so any way to get out of the pit at this time because i dont think i can take another attack)
[23:01] <@GWRD> (Climb out)
[23:01] <+Valio> (doesn't matter to me, but I say keep going!)
[23:01] <+Wyran> 10) [23:02] <+Timandra_Eskander> (I could go on for another hour or two)
[23:02] * +Darenel tries to climb out
[23:02] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat, Ryu's sister)
[23:02] <+Darenel> 1d20+5
[23:02] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(12)+5]: 17
[23:02] <@GWRD> (DC 20 Climb)
[23:02] <+Katilyn> (i don't supose there is any point to kat jumping in there with her silverwork dagger and stabbing the thing? lol)
[23:02] <+Darenel> (lol so that didnt work)
[23:02] <@GWRD> Darenel struggles to climb out, unable to get good hand holds.
[23:02] <@GWRD> (That's your move action, you have a standard left)
[23:03] <+Darenel> 1d8+3 heal
[23:03] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d8(7)+3]: 10 heal
[23:03] <+Darenel> (and AoO)
[23:03] <@GWRD> 1d20+7
[23:03] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(15)+7]: 22
[23:03] <@GWRD> 1d4
[23:03] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(2)]: 2
[23:03] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Kat, Ryu's sister)
[23:03] <+Darenel> (back to 15hp)
[23:03] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm at 4hp)
[23:03] <+Katilyn> (does kat have line of sight anymore?)
[23:04] <@GWRD> (If you move back to the edge you will)
[23:05] <+Darenel> (i have 1 more heal and will use it on you if i survive the next round)
[23:05] <+Timandra_Eskander> (if he dies, I'll lay hands on you)
[23:05] * +Katilyn will move back to the edge and will fire her crossbow again if she's able to.
[23:05] <@GWRD> (Roll)
[23:06] <+Wyran> 11) [23:06] <+Katilyn> 1d20+4
[23:06] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(6)+4]: 10
[23:06] <+Katilyn> (fudge)
[23:06] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Ryu's sister)
[23:08] <+Darenel> (did we even scratch this thing)
[23:08] <+Katilyn> (23 points)
[23:08] <@GWRD> (Yes you have)
[23:08] <@GWRD> (Kat gets a cookie)
[23:09] <+Darenel> (just a scratch)
[23:09] <@GWRD> (Thus far magic has had the greatest impact)
[23:09] <+Katilyn> (*nibbles on her cookie*)
[23:09] <+Darenel> (yeah i only have 1 offensive spell prtty much, i am a 1 trick pony)
[23:10] <@GWRD> (Assuming Ptolamir is AFK and will have him cast Scorching Ray, and I'm assuming he still has one)
[23:10] <@GWRD> 1d20
[23:10] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(5)]: 5
[23:10] <@Ptolamir> (I’m back)
[23:10] <@Ptolamir> (That’s fine)
[23:10] <@GWRD> (Good, because that roll sucked)
[23:10] <@Ptolamir> (I don’t think I have a third ray)
[23:10] <@GWRD> (So cast something you know you have)
[23:11] <+Darenel> (group teleport)
[23:11] <@GWRD> (Well if he had that, it would be people he was touching, which would rule you out)
[23:11] * @Ptolamir lays down a Fire Jet
[23:11] <@Ptolamir> (Refl save for half)
[23:11] <+Valio> (“turn back time, minor: 1 minute duration” ;) )
[23:11] <@GWRD> 1d20+4
[23:11] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(14)+4]: 18
[23:11] <@Ptolamir> 1d6+1 damage
[23:11] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d6(5)+1]: 6 damage
[23:12] <+Valio> (c'mon, group! you can die, too!)
[23:13] <@GWRD> 1d20+7 vs Theon's grapple
[23:13] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(5)+7]: 12 vs Theon's grapple
[23:14] <@GWRD> Theon breaks free of the grapple that would have certainly ended in death.
[23:14] <+Katilyn> (does timandra have any more magic arrows?)
[23:15] <@GWRD> (Theon, Timandra, Valio, Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[23:15] <@Theon_Tokko> (Sorry… its not my night…)
[23:15] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7 (bastard only says 2-handed, so adjust that as needed)
[23:15] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(18)+7]: 25 (bastard only says 2-handed, so adjust that as needed)
[23:15] <+Darenel> (time to go all primeval on this thing)
[23:15] <@GWRD> (You're not grappled, so your fine)
[23:16] <@GWRD> (Hit)
[23:16] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d10+4
[23:16] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d10(6)+4]: 10
[23:16] <@GWRD> Theon's blow does some damage, but it's like hitting gruel with a spoon.
[23:16] <@GWRD> (Timandra, Valio, Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[23:17] <+Valio> 1d20
[23:17] <+TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(5)]: 5
[23:17] <+Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+5
[23:17] <+TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(6)+5]: 11
[23:17] * +Timandra_Eskander looks for a better shooting position
[23:17] <+Wyran> 12) [23:18] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[23:18] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat)
[23:18] <+Darenel> (theon is almost down but i will thro a heal on him)
[23:18] * +Katilyn will merely move back out of the way.
[23:18] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[23:19] <+Valio> (/me bows as he leaves the island.)
[23:19] <+Wyran> 13) [23:20] <+Wyran> 14) [23:20] <+Wyran> 1d20+2
[23:20] <+TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(6)+2]: 8
[23:20] <@GWRD> (miss)
[23:20] <+Wyran> 15) [23:20] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Ptolamir)
[23:21] <+Wyran> 16) [23:21] <+Darenel> 1d8+3 heal on theaon
[23:21] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d8(1)+3]: 4 heal on theaon
[23:21] <@GWRD> (Touch 13
[23:21] <@Ptolamir> (anybody tell how much this creature has left? is it half?)
[23:21] <@GWRD> (Less than half)
[23:22] * @Ptolamir casts flaming sphere
[23:22] <@Ptolamir> 3d6 Flaming sphere (Refl save for half, DC14)
[23:22] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 3d6(7)]: 7 Flaming sphere (Refl save for half, DC14)
[23:22] <@GWRD> 1d20+4
[23:22] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(8)+4]: 12
[23:23] <@GWRD> It screams out in maddening pain as it's burned.
[23:23] <@Ptolamir> (Will maintain the sphere and move it over the creature each round for addtl damage)
[23:23] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+7 vs Darenel
[23:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(17)+7]: 24 vs Darenel
[23:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(8)+7]: 15 vs Darenel
[23:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(2)+7]: 9 vs Darenel
[23:23] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+7 vs Theon
[23:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(15)+7]: 22 vs Theon
[23:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+7]: 16 vs Theon
[23:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(19)+7]: 26 vs Theon
[23:24] <@Theon_Tokko> (3 hits)
[23:24] <@GWRD> 2d4 damage to Darenel
[23:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 2d4(5)]: 5 damage to Darenel
[23:24] <@GWRD> 3d4 damage to Theon
[23:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 3d4(8)]: 8 damage to Theon
[23:24] <@GWRD> 1d2
[23:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d2(1)]: 1
[23:24] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm down, at 0hp)
[23:24] <@GWRD> 2#1d20+7 grapple vs Darenel
[23:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(12)+7]: 19 grapple vs Darenel
[23:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(8)+7]: 15 grapple vs Darenel
[23:24] <+Darenel> (i am out of heals)
[23:25] <@GWRD> (0 hps is not down, it's staggered)
[23:25] <+Wyran> 17) [23:25] <+Darenel> (and it looks like i am gonna be in a mouth soon)
[23:26] <@GWRD> It grabs hold of Darenel in its mouthy maws as Theon struggles to stay standing.
[23:26] <+Timandra_Eskander> (Can I get to the pit and attack?)
[23:26] <@GWRD> (Theon, Timandra, Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat)
[23:26] <@GWRD> (The map says NO at the moment, unless you jumped into the pit)
[23:27] <+Wyran> 18) [23:27] <@GWRD> (You can ready an action and wait for somebody to move)
[23:27] * @Theon_Tokko staggers away (shift?)
[23:27] <+Wyran> 19) [23:27] <@GWRD> (no place safe to shift to)
[23:27] <@Theon_Tokko> (can I try to climb out lol)
[23:27] <+Darenel> (i could shift one close to theon andfree up a space)
[23:28] * +Timandra_Eskander prays for divine aid to help out Theon as she aims her arrow
[23:28] <@GWRD> (DC 20 climb check)
[23:28] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5 vs dc20
[23:28] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(15)+5]: 20 vs dc20 Success
[23:28] <@Theon_Tokko> (LOL!)
[23:28] <+Darenel> (ummmmm you cant help theon with an arrow unless you are Cupid)
[23:28] <@GWRD> Theon starts climbing out of the pit and makes it about 20' up
[23:29] <@GWRD> (Timandra, Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat)
[23:29] * +Timandra_Eskander fires an arrow to keep it distracted from theon
[23:29] <+Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+5
[23:29] <+TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(7)+5]: 12
[23:29] <+Timandra_Eskander> (*sigh*)
[23:29] <@GWRD> Timandra hits the wall.
[23:29] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat)
[23:30] <+Wyran> 20) [23:30] <@GWRD> (Roll acrobatics)
[23:30] <+Wyran> 1d20
[23:30] <+TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(9)]: 9
[23:30] <+Timandra_Eskander> (brb)
[23:31] <@GWRD> Wyran runs and jumps just far enough to clear Darenel… [23:31] <@GWRD> 3d6
[23:31] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 3d6(11)]: 11
[23:31] <@GWRD> And lands prone hard on the ground.
[23:31] <+Wyran> 21) [23:32] <+Wyran> 22) [23:32] <+Wyran> 2d6
[23:32] <+TolBot> [Wyran's 2d6(6)]: 6
[23:32] <+Darenel> (that 6hp to the pit crew)
[23:32] <@Theon_Tokko> (including me? lol)
[23:32] <+Wyran> 23) [23:33] <@GWRD> (yes)
[23:33] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Ptolamir, Kat)
[23:33] <@GWRD> (Darenel can attempt to break out of the grapple or fight)
[23:33] <+Darenel> (break grapple , how)
[23:34] * +Katilyn will just stay clear.
[23:34] <@GWRD> (Roll CMB vs its CMD)
[23:35] <+Darenel> 1d2-+2
[23:35] <+TolBot> Try [Number of rolls]#(Number of dice)d(Number of sides)±[Add/Subtract modifier]
[23:35] <+Darenel> 1d20+2
[23:35] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(18)+2]: 20
[23:35] <@GWRD> Darenel breaks free of the nasty mouths, and may act normally this round.
[23:35] <@GWRD> (you can still act)
[23:36] * +Darenel tries to hit it with his staff
[23:36] <+Darenel> 1d20+2
[23:36] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(14)+2]: 16
[23:37] <@GWRD> The blow bounces off it's skin.
[23:37] * @Ptolamir sees Daranel get free and concentrates on the Flaming Sphere burning the foulmouth creature.
[23:37] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Kat)
[23:37] <@Ptolamir> “I cleanse you, abberation.”
[23:37] <@GWRD> 1d20+4 reflex
[23:37] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(12)+4]: 16 reflex
[23:37] <@Ptolamir> 3d6 (Refl halves vs DC14)
[23:37] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 3d6(15)]: 15 (Refl halves vs DC14)
[23:38] <@GWRD> As Ptolamir immolates the Gibbering Mouther with fire, there is no sign of Valio's remains, as the group licks its wounds.
[23:38] <@GWRD> Game Over

1)
ummmmmmmmm ok yes…
2)
going to move beside kat
3)
and shoot a bolt of fire down at the sob
4)
I think that was slightly the wrong damage but we'll go with it for now while I bring it back up. If anything the +1 is off
5)
impressive reach
6)
ok
7)
yes
8)
oh
9)
….that sucked
10)
lol
11)
once I can see again I'll try to be better
12)
heal or damage?
13)
dear gods I hope this is wise for me to do
14)
shoot no that wont work. move me to the edge and I'll fire bolt it again
15)
thats vs touch
16)
damn
17)
I'm coming into the pit soon
18)
let me jump into the pit so I can heal
19)
you can take my spot at the edge and attack
20)
Im going to jump inot he pit and try to land between Darenel and Theon_Tokko
21)
poping channel positive energy now and deselesting the enemy in the area
22)
aka healing only allies
23)
yup
campaigns/sfss/session_50_-_2-8-15_-_the_pit_of_shame.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/05 02:47 by ryubasteon