Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:sfss:session_45_-_1-4-2015_-_the_red_devil

[20:06] <@GWRD> It is the 33rd day for some on The Smuggler's Shiv, as the group makes their way east towards the disruptance that caused unusual lightning and thunder on an otherwise clear day. On their journey, they fought a Shiv Dragon which thrashed the group a bit, then a fearsome rickety bridge, which they bravely crossed after much hesitation.
[20:06] <@GWRD> Sadly the bridge did not kill them, or even make an attempt to.
[20:07] <@GWRD> On the other side of the bridge, we now find our group preparing for what's next to come.
[20:07] <@GWRD> Game on.
[20:07] <Grikk> [spoiler alert: its death. death is whats next to come]
[20:08] <Wyran> 1) [20:10] * Disconnected
Session Close: Sun Jan 04 20:10:43 2015

Session Start: Sun Jan 04 20:10:43 2015
Session Ident: #grovewood
[20:10] * Attempting to rejoin channel #grovewood
[20:10] * Rejoined channel #grovewood
[20:10] * Topic is 'Souls for Smuggler's Shiv - 8:30 EST Sundays. Game battle grid at http://tiny.cc/battlegrid - Logs available here: Grovewoodsaga.com under “File Galleries”'
[20:10] * Set by Ryu!ryu@f386c0e8.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk on Wed Nov 19 20:01:26 2014
[20:18] * Timandra_Eskander looks around, waiting for some sort of ambush because…why not?
[20:18] <@GWRD> (-10% experience for spoilers.)
[20:18] <Grikk> [lol]
[20:10] <@GWRD> The area is relatively wide open on this trail. The land does look to elevate to the north east a few miles out.
[20:10] * Wyran draws his sword as he waits for,..something to happen while on the other side of the birdge.
[20:11] * Valio cheers the group on for making it across the bridge.
[20:12] * Timandra_Eskander looks up and sees if the weather is going to favor their travelling.
[20:13] <@GWRD> Rain clouds look like they will grace your travel soon, but that's typical of this time of day.
[20:13] * Katilyn looked about “am i the only one that thought that crossing that bridge was too easy?” [20:14] * Grikk continues in the direction the party was going
[20:15] <Timandra_Eskander> “No – I thought it was too easy as well, but hey – never stare a gift horse in the mouth.” [20:15] <@GWRD> (Along the path?)
[20:15] <Valio> “It seems to be sturdier than it looks. I'll wait until we return before claiming it 'safe'” [20:15] <Grikk> [sure]
[20:16] <@Ptolamir> (Has a day/night passed since two sessions ago? I’m still down on HPs)
[20:16] * @Ptolamir realigns his sack on his shoulder, “At least it’s not raining.“ [20:16] <@GWRD> (2 days have past)
[20:16] <Timandra_Eskander> “Yet, but we should make some good time.” [20:17] <Wyran> 2) [20:18] * Katilyn nodded “yes, hopefully, before any rain might fall. I'm sure that will slow us down.” [20:19] <@GWRD> Sure enough about 15 minutes into your travels it starts to rain, but the travel is fairly smooth. The land inclines slightly hear, and about a hour from the bridge the path splits. One route takes you west and slightly downhill, while the other continues up the low mountain.
[20:20] * Wyran is going to use his survival kit to try and determine which path might be best for getting to the source of the lightening
[20:20] <Wyran> 1d20+4
[20:20] <TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(12)+4]: 16
[20:20] * Timandra_Eskander looks from one path to the other and points to the path leading up the mountain.
[20:21] <Timandra_Eskander> “This way.” [20:21] <Grikk> “Why?” [20:21] <Valio> “I agree. Lightning would be upwards, not down.” [20:21] <Timandra_Eskander> “Makes sense.” [20:21] <@GWRD> Wyran, not knowing the source you can only guess you are “in the right area”.
[20:21] <Timandra_Eskander> “High ground for holding a position, lighting would be closer.” [20:22] <Timandra_Eskander> “When has anything else here been down-hill easy?” [20:22] * Grikk shrugs
[20:22] * Grikk takes the path pointed out
[20:22] <Katilyn> “Well those caves sure weren't” She shrugged as she followed the group.
[20:23] * Timandra_Eskander trundles along.
[20:23] * Wyran will continue to walk near the middle of the marching order
[20:24] * @Ptolamir conitnues
[20:26] <@GWRD> It takes another couple hours in the wet unpleasant rain to reach the top of the mountain… [20:26] <Timandra_Eskander> “Could be worse…” [20:26] * Timandra_Eskander looks over her shoulder at Katilyn.
[20:27] <Grikk> “Yes,we could all be ghouls.” [20:27] <@GWRD> This low mountain is the highest point on the entire island. Barren of vegetation, the jagged rise of rust-red stones juts from the earth like an immense scar, providing a vertiginous view of the surrounding blue of the seemingly endless ocean.
[20:27] <Wyran> Or zombies
[20:27] <Katilyn> “at least you aren't talking about alcohol.” She smirked, sticking her tongue out at timandra when she looked around at her.
[20:27] <Timandra_Eskander> “Did I tell you about the time I ran…OK – fine. I'll keep that amusing little tale to myself.” [20:27] <Valio> “Almost a better lighthouse than the lighthouse…” [20:27] <Timandra_Eskander> “And it's unlady-like to stick you tongue out like that.” [20:28] <Grikk> “I've gotten the impression you're not much of a lady yourself.” [20:29] * @Ptolamir looks at Timandra and then Katilyn, lowering his gaze in disapproval.
[20:29] * Katilyn chuckled “thank you, and who ever said i was a lady?” [20:29] <@GWRD> From your vantage with the rain letting up, you can get a full view of the island, including the lighthouse to the west, the strangely drab part of the islands to the far northwest, and the grassy hilltop where you found the buried treasure.
[20:29] <Timandra_Eskander> “Well – the matrons would keep saying it to me, I figure that I should continue on the practice.” [20:30] * Timandra_Eskander looks to Katilyn and smirks.
[20:30] <Timandra_Eskander> “That was my response to the matrons.” [20:31] <Timandra_Eskander> (When you say strangely drab…you mean void of vegetation?)
[20:31] * @Ptolamir looks around.
[20:31] <@Ptolamir> “Well would you look at all that.” [20:31] * Grikk grunts
[20:31] <Grikk> “Looks like an island to me.” [20:32] * Timandra_Eskander points to the drab part of the island.
[20:32] * Valio looks for movement amongst the greenery.
[20:32] <Timandra_Eskander> “Have you been there?” [20:32] <@GWRD> (The part of the map in section C-F 3. It's a gray drab looking part of the island in comparison to the rest of the lush green jungle look of the island.)
[20:33] <Valio> (it looked strangely dead, and we didn't manage to cross the gap when we tried… Lost some building materials trying to build a raft…)
[20:33] * Katilyn chuckled. “And just when i was beginning to wonder about why we made good traveling companions.” she shook her head and glanced in that part of the island. “ooh yeah, lets go to the spot that looks bad.” she rolled her eyes.
[20:34] <Valio> (actually, that was the island south of the dead one… never even made it there)
[20:37] * Disconnected
Session Close: Sun Jan 04 20:37:04 2015

Session Start: Sun Jan 04 20:37:04 2015
Session Ident: #grovewood
[20:37] * Attempting to rejoin channel #grovewood
[20:37] * Rejoined channel #grovewood
[20:37] * Topic is 'Souls for Smuggler's Shiv - 8:30 EST Sundays. Game battle grid at http://tiny.cc/battlegrid - Logs available here: Grovewoodsaga.com under “File Galleries”'
[20:37] * Set by Ryu!ryu@f386c0e8.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk on Wed Nov 19 20:01:26 2014
[20:43] <Valio> “No, we haven't. We are sadly landlocked.” [20:43] <Timandra_Eskander> (can I make a nature check to see if that's a natural drabness, or an unnatural one?)
[20:43] <@GWRD> (Sure)
[20:44] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+2
[20:44] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(12)+2]: 14
[20:44] * Valio frowns and moves slightly down the trail. “Y'know, anyone that knows about this mountain could see us at the top… I'm going to wait a little back.” [20:45] <@GWRD> From here it's hard to tell. It could be natural growth just isolated from the rest of the island.
[20:45] <Valio> (just 30-60' down, not too far away. Just don't want to be easily seen by outline)
[20:37] <@GWRD> (It would be difficult for people ground level to see the top due to all the jungle trees. You are likely safe at the top.)
[20:38] <Timandra_Eskander> “Could be just that no vegeation took hold from the sea water – could be an enemy encampment.” [20:38] <Grikk> “Could be some other unnatural horror that's going to kill us all.” [20:39] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm having net issues)
[20:39] <Timandra_Eskander> “No – I think most of the horrors here that'll kill us will be natural.” [20:39] <Katilyn> “Should we go find out?” [20:39] <Timandra_Eskander> “Sure! We can die wherever on this island.” [20:40] <Valio> “I could work on some metalwork if we returned to the one abandoned camp. If we knew we needed some items made.” [20:40] * Wyran nods slowly “I would prefer not to die. But werent we trying to find where the lightening strikes landed?” [20:40] <@Ptolamir> “We should check it out.“ [20:40] <@Ptolamir> “Theon has that ring for moving through water.” [20:40] <Grikk> “Maybe by the time we get there,you lot will be able to see in the dark and not be useless.” [20:41] * Timandra_Eskander looks around for any sign of a lightning strike, also re-checking the weather.
[20:41] <@GWRD> (Perception check Timandra)
[20:41] * Katilyn eyed Grikk. “keep it up and i'll use you for target practice.” [20:42] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+4
[20:42] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(1)+4]: 5 (That stinks.)
[20:42] * Grikk glowers at Katilyn “You can try.” [20:42] <Timandra_Eskander> (“Hey – why is my hair rising?”)
[20:42] <@GWRD> The sky is overcast and there is no sign of lightning strikes anywhere in sight.
[20:42] * Katilyn smirks and fingered one of her blades. “i can do more than try.” [20:42] <Timandra_Eskander> “Both of you – knock it off.” [20:42] <@Theon_Tokko> “Grikk, must you flirt with all the pretty young lasses that come about?” [20:43] * Grikk grins at Theon_Tokko “Well,you weren't,someone had to.” [20:43] <Valio> “Surviving the island while working towards escaping will take some time. We need to find resources and use them wisely.” [20:43] <@Theon_Tokko> “Indeed, I think that Paladin is more my style though,” he laughs.
[20:43] <Timandra_Eskander> “I say we at least rest here for the night and see if there are any strikes or what's going on tonight.” [20:43] * Timandra_Eskander arches an eyebrow
[20:45] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'll be DCing again, I need to restart my modem)
[20:45] <Valio> “We make camp here for the night? I would suggest slightly off the ridge.” [20:46] * Wyran looks to Timandra_Eskander and nods in agreement. “That sounds like a plan.” [20:48] <@Theon_Tokko> (did I DC? lol)
[20:49] * Disconnected
Session Close: Sun Jan 04 20:49:19 2015

Session Start: Sun Jan 04 20:49:19 2015
Session Ident: #grovewood
[20:49] * Attempting to rejoin channel #grovewood
[20:49] * Rejoined channel #grovewood
[20:49] * Topic is 'Souls for Smuggler's Shiv - 8:30 EST Sundays. Game battle grid at http://tiny.cc/battlegrid - Logs available here: Grovewoodsaga.com under “File Galleries”'
[20:49] * Set by Ryu!ryu@f386c0e8.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk on Wed Nov 19 20:01:26 2014
[20:56] <Valio> “If the wood is dry enough,” Valio chuckles, “the smoke won't be as noticeable.” [20:57] <Timandra_Eskander> “Finding dry wood…” [20:57] * Timandra_Eskander looks around… [20:57] * Valio laughs again. “That's the thing, isn't it?” [20:57] <Timandra_Eskander> “…might be easier just to set some of our clothes on fire.” [20:57] * @Ptolamir looks at Timandra, “That can be arrainged.“ [20:57] * @Ptolamir smiles.
[20:49] * Valio frowns. “Most of mine is wool. Won't burn very well.” [20:49] <Timandra_Eskander> “At the worst, the smell might drive everything off the island.” [20:49] * Timandra_Eskander pats Valio on the shoulder.
[20:50] <Timandra_Eskander> “You're sweet. I think we can get by with slightly damp wood.” [20:50] <@Theon_Tokko> (ok looks like I'm back…)
[20:50] <Timandra_Eskander> (…and Theon dies…)
[20:50] <@GWRD> The group decides to make camp at the top of the mountain this evening, having plenty of time before darkfall to hike down the path a bit and find wood to burn.
[20:51] * Valio looks around for a decent place to set up camp. “May as well set up camp and find some wood.” [20:51] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm going to kick my ISP in the *(&(&(&%&#@634^ Y #%@# I have a 8mb connection and it keeps cutting out v.v)
[20:51] * Timandra_Eskander heads down to get wood…for the fire.
[20:52] * Katilyn follows along to help get firewood.
[20:52] <@GWRD> (Watches for the night and what order?)
[20:52] <Timandra_Eskander> (taking the dark watch)
[20:52] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'll take one that has GPS if you have one…)
[20:53] <Valio> “I'll take the morning watch and brew up the coffee at dawn.” [20:53] <Katilyn> (first watch)
[20:53] <@Theon_Tokko> (guess I'll take first too)
[20:53] <Grikk> [second]
[20:53] <Wyran> 3) [20:54] <Timandra_Eskander> 4) [20:56] <Valio> (Timandra and I? and Wyran?)
[20:56] <@GWRD> 1d3
[20:56] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d3(1)]: 1
[20:57] <@GWRD> During the last watch the area around the base of the mountain is abuzz with the screech of some unfortunate animal dying horrifically.
[20:57] * Valio glances to the others on watch. “Gruesome.” [20:58] * Timandra_Eskander stirs, then rolls over.
[20:58] <Timandra_Eskander> “Go to sleep, Matron…there's no one here but me…” [20:58] * Wyran frowns listening to the sounds. “This is a bad omen if I never knew one” [20:59] <@GWRD> About a half hour later… (Perception checks)
[20:59] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+4
[20:59] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(4)+4]: 8
[20:59] <Wyran> 1d20+5
[20:59] <TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(20)+5]: 25 (Stunning.)
[21:00] <Katilyn> 1d20+6
[21:00] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(14)+6]: 20
[21:00] <Valio> 1d20+5
[21:00] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(19)+5]: 24
[21:00] <Timandra_Eskander> (Seriously, let me roll after I've had a couple cups of coffee)
[21:00] <@GWRD> 1d20+14
[21:00] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+14]: 34 (Magnificent.)
[21:00] <@GWRD> 1d6 damage to Timandra
[21:00] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(1)]: 1 damage to Timandra
[21:01] <Grikk> 1d20 perception
[21:01] <TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(11)]: 11 perception
[21:01] <@Ptolamir> (just those awake, right?)
[21:01] <Katilyn> (ooh shoot, was it just the awake ones?)
[21:01] <@GWRD> Timandra is minding her own business at the camp fire, keeping watch like a good paladin should, when out of the sky the body of a shiv dragon clips her shoulder and lands in the camp with a large thud.
[21:02] <Timandra_Eskander> “What the–!” [21:02] * Timandra_Eskander scrambles to her feet, drawing her sword
[21:02] * Timandra_Eskander looks around, then looks skyward.
[21:02] * Valio jumps up and raises the alarm
[21:03] <Timandra_Eskander> “Who the hell is dropping dragons?” [21:03] * Grikk snorts awake
[21:03] <Grikk> “Huhwhat” [21:03] * Katilyn comes awake, knife in hand. “What now?” [21:03] <Valio> “Shiv dragon fell from the sky.” [21:03] <Grikk> “Oh.” [21:03] <Grikk> “Wait,what?” [21:03] <Timandra_Eskander> “Yeah,” [21:04] <@GWRD> A black shape can vaguely seen gliding down to the west.
[21:04] * Timandra_Eskander points to the corpse.
[21:04] * Valio keeps his guard up as he looks around (and up and down)
[21:04] <Timandra_Eskander> “This is only the second worse room service I've had.” [21:04] <Grikk> “Well, it's dead at least.” [21:04] * Wyran eyes the black shape and frowns watching it. “That cant be good.” [21:06] <Timandra_Eskander> “Can you see what it is?” [21:06] * Timandra_Eskander looks at the corpse.
[21:06] <Valio> “Do we want to take care of that problem? I know it hasn't directly attacked us, but the dead animals must be trouble enough.” [21:07] * @Ptolamir rises.
[21:07] <@GWRD> (which reminds me, there will be a disease saving throw in the morning for one of you… oooooh!)
[21:08] <Timandra_Eskander> (brb – getting vaccinated)
[21:08] * Wyran tries to make out what this shape belongs to
[21:08] * Katilyn shook her head as she looked up at the shape the others were, trying to make it out.
[21:09] * Grikk peers as well
[21:10] * Valio sits back down. “We will keep watch, if anyone wants to sleep a while longer.” [21:10] <@GWRD> It's very difficult to make out in the pitch blackness (out of darkvision range), but it looks like some sort of medium sized winged monster.
[21:10] <@Theon_Tokko> (It's Sasha's chickenbat we never saved…)
[21:11] <Grikk> “Sleep? After that? Are you insane?” [21:11] <Valio> “Figured I'd offer. I can't do much else until daylight.” [21:12] <Timandra_Eskander> “You're right. We shouldn't sleep. We got a creature to dress.” [21:12] <Grikk> “I dont see how putting clothing on a dead animal will help anything.” [21:13] * Katilyn yawned, having not really been able to see anything. “damn, you beat me to the joke.” [21:13] <Grikk> “What joke?” [21:13] * Valio smiles. “Coffee, then?” [21:13] <Katilyn> “putting clothing on a dead animal. i assume anyways that that isn't what she meant.” [21:13] * Wyran gaves a small laugh and shook his head.
[21:14] <@Ptolamir> “We are having enough trouble. We need not seek the ire of that creature.” [21:14] <Grikk> “There was a joke?” [21:14] * Timandra_Eskander sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose.
[21:15] * Valio shrugs and goes to make a pot of coffee for those that want some.
[21:15] <Timandra_Eskander> “To dress a creature is to skin, remove what's inedible and get it ready for cooking.” [21:15] <Wyran> “We're not putting clothing on the dead animal already. If you're going back to sleep I suggest you try to do so now. Otherwise we could make an early day of it.
[21:15] <Timandra_Eskander> “Hearth and fire, Gods, yes – I nee coffee.” [21:16] <Timandra_Eskander> (How large is a shiv dragon?)
[21:17] <Valio> “It will be a sad day, when we run out of coffee. But it is not this day.” [21:18] <Katilyn> .::Shaddow::. “well skip mine and just give me the water for it, and i say we get going early.” ::.
[21:18] <Katilyn> (shit sorry)
[21:18] <@Theon_Tokko> (lol)
[21:18] <Katilyn> “well skip mine and just give me the water for it, and i say we get going early.” [21:18] <Katilyn> (remind me never to try and rp two places at once ever again lol)
[21:19] <Grikk> [rp in seven places at once,like a true gamer should]
[21:19] <@GWRD> (A shiv dragon is a monitor lizard, so large dog with small legs big)
[21:19] <Katilyn> (how many times do i have to say i'm not a gamer before you get it? :P)
[21:19] <Timandra_Eskander> (ok – I was thinking of M:tG Shiv Dragon)
[21:20] <Grikk> [not yet,but we're doing our best :p]
[21:20] <Katilyn> (:P)
[21:20] * Timandra_Eskander grabs a dagger and starts in on the dragon.
[21:20] <Valio> (M:tG, eh?)
[21:20] <Timandra_Eskander> “Pick your part while you can.” [21:21] <Timandra_Eskander> (yeah – still have some of the original cards…somewhere)
[21:21] <@GWRD> When you cut into the dragon, no blood oozes out.
[21:21] * @Ptolamir lays back down.
[21:21] <Valio> (I just got back into it… 15 years after I stopped playing the first time…)
[21:22] <@Theon_Tokko> (wtf is up with my net… *sigh*)
[21:22] <Valio> “Eat it if you care to, we've questioned some of the other droppings.” [21:22] <Katilyn> (i like watching the mtg show on geek and sundry, but never played it)
[21:22] <Timandra_Eskander> “Well…whatever killed it was nice enough to bleed it out first.” [21:22] <@Theon_Tokko> (I have an Alpha Black Lotus…)
[21:22] <Katilyn> “are you sure you should eat that?” [21:23] * Timandra_Eskander starts to cut up the middle of the beast
[21:24] <@Theon_Tokko> (wow, I think something is wrong, I have a 1400ms ping to Google when I usually have ~3ms lol)
[21:24] * Wyran seems alittle concerned about the lack of blood during the dressing of this shiv dragon
[21:24] <Timandra_Eskander> (I have the original Demonic Tutor somewhere)
[21:24] <@GWRD> You cut into the stomach region and it's last few meals ooze out of it's belly, along with lots of bile.
[21:24] * Timandra_Eskander wrinkles her nose slightly.
[21:25] <@GWRD> the bile smell is strong, and a little nasty.
[21:25] <Timandra_Eskander> ”…and this, gentle ladies and good sirs, is why you stay in the city.“ [21:25] <Katilyn> “This is why i stuck to picking pockets.” [21:26] <Valio> “Agreed. I could be making a decent living with my music if we had managed to land in the proper location. Instead, I'm fighting for my life against the island.” [21:26] * Timandra_Eskander nods at Katilyn.
[21:26] <Timandra_Eskander> “NOrmally, I frown on such things…but no doubt you needed the money more than this creatures needs…this…” [21:26] * Timandra_Eskander tosses aside the sweetbreads
[21:27] * Katilyn chuckled. “One could say that, though, it would be nicer than this.” she waved a hand at the creature and then the island in general.
[21:28] <@GWRD> The sky starts to glow to the east, signaling the start of the new day. The view is quite nice from this vantage point.
[21:29] * Wyran will begin his morning meditation now and prep his spells
[21:29] * Timandra_Eskander reaches up to wipe her brow…then remembers she was up to her elbows in lizard bits.
[21:29] <Timandra_Eskander> “Well.” [21:30] <@GWRD> (Grikk: DC 12 fort save vs. disease please)
[21:30] * Timandra_Eskander resumes dressing, making sure to dispose of the bits by burying them next to a tree.
[21:30] * Valio waves a hand towards Timandra and the bits disappear. (prestidigitation)
[21:30] <Timandra_Eskander> “We sure cook what we can, smoke what we can't.” [21:30] <@GWRD> (Timandra: You get a poison save now for wiping lizard bits on yourself, DC 14)
[21:31] * Timandra_Eskander looks at Valio.
[21:31] <Timandra_Eskander> “Where were you when I needed to clean the cloister?” [21:31] * Valio shrugs. “Singing for my dinner?” [21:31] * Grikk (afan21@c0bc3d4d.lightspeed.cicril.3e6fd2e2.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[21:31] <@GWRD> (His disease killed him, shame.)
[21:32] <Wyran> 5) [21:32] <Timandra_Eskander> (Wow – what was that difficulty? 49?)
[21:32] <@GWRD> (Timandra: You get a poison save for wiping lizard bits on yourself, DC 14)
[21:33] <Timandra_Eskander> (fortitude?)
[21:33] <@GWRD> (Yes sir)
[21:33] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+6
[21:33] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(17)+6]: 23
[21:33] <Timandra_Eskander> (Ha!)
[21:34] <@GWRD> Your arm is a little tingly, as if going numb, until Valio cleans it.
[21:34] <Timandra_Eskander> “Be careful – this lizard has something in it that made my arm go numb.” [21:35] <Valio> “Perhaps we shouldn't eat it?” [21:35] <Katilyn> “i told you we shouldn't eat it.” [21:35] <Wyran> If its doing that, then someone else can have my share
[21:35] * Valio freshens up over a cup of coffee as the others prepare to leave.” [21:35] <Timandra_Eskander> (Nature – can we eat it if we cook it?)
[21:35] <@GWRD> (Roll)
[21:35] <Valio> (stupid “ being excess)
[21:35] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+2
[21:36] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(19)+2]: 21
[21:36] <Timandra_Eskander> (I almost don't want to go into combat at this rate…)
[21:36] <@GWRD> You recall that the saliva of a monitor lizard is poisonous, and you likely rubbing it on yourself in close proximity of your grazing wound is what caused your arm to go numb. If you wash the body first then cook it, you should be fine.
[21:37] <Timandra_Eskander> “If we wash it and cook it well, we'll be OK.” [21:37] <Timandra_Eskander> “It's the spit that's poisonous.” [21:38] * Wyran nods a little “How do you suggest we wash it?” [21:38] * Valio nods. “We need the food. Prepare it well and we should be fine?” [21:38] <Wyran> 6) [21:38] * Valio waves his hand at it. “This is a good start.” [21:38] * Wyran retrieves a small bot from his messkit in his backpack and offeres it up to be used to help wash off the critter
[21:38] <Valio> “I'd suggest washing it as well.” [21:39] <Timandra_Eskander> “Run some water over the meat before we cook it.” [21:39] <Wyran> 7) [21:40] * Grikk (afan21@c0bc3d4d.lightspeed.cicril.3e6fd2e2.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
[21:40] <@GWRD> You cook up the very tough meat from the shiv dragon and it goes a fair way to feed your group… even if it is like eating leather.
[21:40] <@GWRD> (DC 12 Fort save for daily disease check Grikk)
[21:40] <Grikk> [/me stabs his laptop]
[21:40] <@GWRD> (WB)
[21:40] <Grikk> 1d20+5
[21:40] <TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(16)+5]: 21
[21:40] * Timandra_Eskander chews the meat with her molars.
[21:41] <Timandra_Eskander> “Unn deh Bwit sudeh… wre wront strrve.” [21:41] <Grikk> “I don't recognize that language.” [21:41] <Timandra_Eskander> (I'll bet your laptop is more tender than the dragon)
[21:42] <Katilyn> “something about not starving i think?” [21:42] * @Ptolamir gets up and looks at the meat.
[21:42] * Timandra_Eskander stops chewing for a minute – her jaw is getting sore.
[21:42] <Timandra_Eskander> “I said 'On the bright side, we won't starve'.” [21:42] * Valio chews slowly. “Ready to head out? Still looking for the lightning strikes.” [21:42] * Timandra_Eskander rubs the muscles in her jaw.
[21:42] * Timandra_Eskander nods and holds out her cup for more coffee.
[21:43] * Wyran nods “Thats the only thought that makes eating this worth it.” keeps chewing the tough jerky food
[21:43] * Valio passes the coffee pot around for another top off.
[21:43] <@GWRD> (Anybody eating the meat, takes a -2 on Chewing Skill checks for the next hour… because I can do stuff like that.)
[21:43] * Grikk grabs a hunk of meat and rips into it
[21:43] <Valio> (how I wish I could have it now)
[21:43] <Grikk> [lol]
[21:43] <Timandra_Eskander> (is that a strength check?)
[21:43] <@GWRD> (Sure)
[21:43] <Timandra_Eskander> (because I have vorpal dentures)
[21:44] <Grikk> [im a half-orc,my teeth are pretty sharp tho]
[21:44] <Wyran> 8) [21:45] <@GWRD> (Sure those too)
[21:45] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+9 nature check on the meat
[21:45] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(15)+9]: 24 nature check on the meat
[21:45] * @Ptolamir shrugs, and grabs a piece.
[21:45] <@GWRD> It's tough, but edible meat.
[21:46] <@GWRD> An hour of morning rituals: Coffee, spells, and eating passes and you are mostly refreshed and ready for the challenges of the 34th day on the island.
[21:47] <Timandra_Eskander> “Well – off to find the lightning.” [21:47] * Valio nods and prepares his gear.
[21:48] <Valio> “Lower pathway this morning?” [21:48] <Timandra_Eskander> “Yes.” [21:48] * Wyran gears up, making sure to equip his shield and wield his sword in his hand
[21:48] * Katilyn chcked her own gear and got it sorted before she fell in line following the group.
[21:49] * Grikk grabs his stuff and follows
[21:50] * Timandra_Eskander leaves a little lizard behind as an offering.
[21:51] <Timandra_Eskander> (Little lizard for me, a little lizard for my dead homies)
[21:54] <@GWRD> It's about an hour down to the split in the path and another hour following it until you reach a bluff over looking the shoreline… [21:54] * Timandra_Eskander looks out over the waves and checks the sky for more impending weather.
[21:54] <@GWRD> (New map available: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pCDbqrZ-R-M0R3ZThCT0FNNmM/view?usp=sharing )
[21:56] * @Ptolamir looks at the sky, then behind them.
[21:56] <@GWRD> The sky is clear, and you approach this area from the east (coming in from the white box with the aqua coloring on the right side)
[21:56] <@GWRD>
[21:57] <@GWRD> 4 Stone monoliths appearing as jagged stalagmites of rock protrude from the grass at the edge of this bluff. A weathered, snakelike rune is carved into the inner face of each of these stones, all facing a three-foot-high pyramid-shaped block of stone at the center of the four surrounding spires. … [21:58] <Timandra_Eskander> “No…not creepy at all.” [21:58] <Katilyn> “More snakes. Why is it always snakes?” [21:59] <@GWRD> The vegetation and soil surrounding the pyramid has been trimmed back and excavated to expose the strange block fully to view. The peak of the central pyramid has a cup-shaped indentation–channels run down the four sides into empty basins at the base of the pyramid.
[21:59] <Wyran> “Because we are on an isle with a cult that worships an Old God who is a Beheaded Snake
[21:59] <Timandra_Eskander> “We need to cleanse this place.” [22:00] <Wyran> “I agree completely.” [22:00] * Timandra_Eskander 's eyes catch the sunlight with a dangerous gleam for a second.
[22:01] <Valio> “Another place of danger. Is this whole island one big shrine?” [22:01] <Wyran> “There is only one ay to answer that question. But lets focus on whats ahead of us first.” [22:02] <Timandra_Eskander> “I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes.” [22:02] * Wyran looks out around the temple and tries to spot any possible guards or patroles
[22:02] * Timandra_Eskander looks for trails leading into the temple
[22:02] <Wyran> 1d20+5 (perception)
[22:02] <TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(13)+5]: 18 (perception)
[22:03] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+4
[22:03] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(11)+4]: 15
[22:03] <@GWRD> Wyran, you go to the edge of the bluff and all you can see is water (even where it doesn't look like water on the map) to the west. When you sweep to the north you see… [22:03] * Katilyn will take time to look about for any traps.
[22:03] <Katilyn> 1d20+7
[22:03] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(6)+7]: 13
[22:04] <@GWRD> A rocky cleft cuts into the bluff, presenting a hundred-foot drop onto seaweed-covered rocks and tide pools. Several ledges, each connected by rickety-looking rope bridges, lead down into the celft to the rocky beach below. … [22:05] <@Ptolamir> “I feel uneasy up here.”
[22:05] * @Ptolamir glances further at the temple’s direciton.
[22:05] <@GWRD> What appears to be a large nest of driftwood, grass, bits of cloth, and perhaps bones seems to be wedged against the easternmost extent of the cleft. In that nest you see a rather ugly looking black and gray creature with red wings getting ready to leave the nest.
[22:06] <Timandra_Eskander> “Good. I would be concerned if you said you felt at home.” [22:06] * Timandra_Eskander crouches low.
[22:06] <@GWRD> (Red Mountain Devil: http://brennor.dyndns.org/~steve/SerpentsSkull/Images/NPCs/NPC-Chupacabra.jpg )
[22:06] * @Ptolamir moves closer to the small pyramid.
[22:06] <@GWRD> `init rolls please
[22:06] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll (1d20+modifier).
[22:07] <Valio> 1d20+4
[22:07] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(14)+4]: 18
[22:07] <@GWRD> 1d20+6 for Chupacabra
[22:07] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(4)+6]: 10 for Chupacabra
[22:07] <Grikk> 1d20+2
[22:07] <TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(5)+2]: 7
[22:07] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+2
[22:07] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(12)+2]: 14
[22:07] <Wyran> 1d20
[22:07] <TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(16)]: 16
[22:07] <Katilyn> 1d20+8
[22:07] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(12)+8]: 20
[22:08] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3
[22:08] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(18)+3]: 21
[22:09] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+6
[22:09] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(15)+6]: 21
[22:09] <@GWRD> `init report
[22:09] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Theon_Tokko, 21, Timandra_Eskander, 21, Katilyn, 20, Valio, 18, Wyran, 16, Ptolamir, 14, Chupacabra, 10, Grikk, 7
[22:09] <@GWRD> (Theon, Timandra, Kat)
[22:10] * Timandra_Eskander readies her bow and takes aim (holding attack until it does something)
[22:10] * @Theon_Tokko draws his blade, and eyes the creature (Hold)
[22:10] <@GWRD> (Theon, Kat, Valio, Wyran)
[22:10] <@GWRD> (Kat, Valio, Wyran, Ptolamir)
[22:10] * Katilyn got her own bow out and took aim as well, holding as well.
[22:11] <@GWRD> (Valio, Wyran, Ptolamir)
[22:11] * Valio draws a javelin and prepares his shield.
[22:11] <@GWRD> (If you are drawing a bow weapon, I will need to know what your character's height is.)
[22:11] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Ptolamir)
[22:11] <Katilyn> (5'4)
[22:11] <Timandra_Eskander> (six even)
[22:12] <@GWRD> (Wyran, Ptolamir)
[22:12] * Wyran holds his action and tried to determine if he knows anything about this thing
[22:12] * @Ptolamir prepares.
[22:12] <@GWRD> (Knowledge: Arcana)
[22:12] <@Ptolamir> (It hasn’t attacked, right?)
[22:12] <@GWRD> (not yet)
[22:13] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+9 arcana
[22:13] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(11)+9]: 20 arcana
[22:13] <Wyran> 1d20+5 (arcane check)
[22:13] <TolBot> [Wyran's 1d20(15)+5]: 20 (arcane check)
[22:14] <@GWRD> Ptolamir and Wyran, this is an elusive chupacabra. A blood sucking intelligent magical beast, made by twisted sorcery. It has the ability to suck the blood out of the victims it pins and can employ hit and run attacks. It also likes to grab small creatures to take back to its nest.
[22:15] * @Ptolamir looks more closely, “No, that’s a Chupacabra, and aweful beast.”
[22:15] <@Ptolamir> “That’s the blook sucker.” [22:15] * Valio gets a better look at the beast, now that he can see it in the daylight.
[22:15] <Wyran> “Dont let it pin you” [22:15] <@GWRD> The Red Mountain Devil rises out of the bluff and swoops towards the shortest looking target.
[22:15] * @Ptolamir nods at Wyran’s words.
[22:16] <@GWRD> 1d20+9 vs Katilyn
[22:16] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(14)+9]: 23 vs Katilyn
[22:16] <Timandra_Eskander> “Is this the thing that's been feeding us?” [22:16] <Katilyn> (vs ac?)
[22:16] <@GWRD> (yes)
[22:16] <@Theon_Tokko> (if it swoops near me, I swing at it lol)
[22:16] <Katilyn> (that's a hit)
[22:16] <Timandra_Eskander> (Time to shoot)
[22:16] <@GWRD> 2#1d20+9 vs Katilyn
[22:16] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+9]: 29 vs Katilyn (Booyeah)
[22:16] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(10)+9]: 19 vs Katilyn
[22:16] <@GWRD> 1d20+9 confirm
[22:16] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(3)+9]: 12 confirm
[22:17] <Katilyn> (fuuuudddgee buckets….12 hp?)
[22:17] <@Theon_Tokko> (no, that was a crit confirm, which failed)
[22:17] <@GWRD> (No that's the roll to try to confirm the critical hit)
[22:17] <Katilyn> (oooh whew)
[22:17] <@GWRD> 1d6+3 bite damage
[22:17] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(5)+3]: 8 bite damage
[22:17] <@GWRD> 2d4+6 double claw damage
[22:17] <TolBot> [GWRD's 2d4(4)+6]: 10 double claw damage
[22:18] <Grikk> [18 hp tho…]
[22:18] <Wyran> 9) [22:18] <@GWRD> 2#1d20+9 double grapple attempt
[22:18] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(11)+9]: 20 double grapple attempt
[22:18] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(18)+9]: 27 double grapple attempt
[22:19] <@GWRD> It flies right into Katilyn's face while she's near the edge and latches on with his claws and bites down into her shoulder.
[22:19] <@GWRD> (18 damage overall)
[22:19] <Timandra_Eskander> (shooting)
[22:19] * @Ptolamir fires a ray at the creature when in range with his held initiative.
[22:19] * Timandra_Eskander fires off an arrow
[22:19] * Katilyn drops her bow to the ground as the creature bites down. She's not looking very good at the moment.
[22:20] <Katilyn> (i got 5 hp left btw)
[22:21] <@GWRD> (Timandra, Ptolamir, Grikk)
[22:21] <Wyran> 10) [22:21] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+5 firing an arrow
[22:21] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d20(17)+5]: 22 firing an arrow
[22:21] <@GWRD> (hit)
[22:21] <Timandra_Eskander> (Yeah!)
[22:21] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d8
[22:21] <TolBot> [Timandra_Eskander's 1d8(4)]: 4
[22:22] <@Theon_Tokko> (its probably not in range for me to use my held action… )
[22:22] <@GWRD> (I'd say yes, with a charge)
[22:23] <@GWRD> It lets out a low growl as the arrow hits home.
[22:23] <Grikk> [how far away is it from me?]
[22:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (oh cool, need to pull my sheet back up…, will Rage + Charge it)
[22:23] <@Ptolamir> (Can I move so that I’m within 30’ of it?)
[22:24] <@GWRD> (It likely within 40-60' feet from everybody but Kat. So a charge or single move and standard is enough to get into range for most abilities)
[22:24] <@Theon_Tokko> (Charge is what to my attack?)
[22:24] <@GWRD> (+2 hit, -2 ac)
[22:24] <@Ptolamir> (No, just asking if within 30’ cause point blank bonus)
[22:24] <@GWRD> (yes you can get into point blank range)
[22:25] <Grikk> [can i charge and power attack?]
[22:25] <@GWRD> (yes)
[22:25] * @Ptolamir moves and points, sending a scorching ray at the beast.
[22:25] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+10 (Charge + Rage, Greatsword)
[22:25] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(18)+10]: 28 (Charge + Rage, Greatsword)
[22:25] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4 scorching ray
[22:25] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(15)+4]: 19 scorching ray
[22:25] * @Theon_Tokko growls and throws himself at the beast
[22:25] <@GWRD> 1d20+7 reflex
[22:25] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(1)+7]: 8 reflex (Not good.)
[22:25] <@Ptolamir> (sorry, thought was my turn)
[22:25] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm executing my Held action)
[22:25] * Grikk charges the monster and slashes heavily with his scimitar [power attack]
[22:26] <Grikk> 1d20+7
[22:26] <TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(9)+7]: 16
[22:27] * Timandra_Eskander takes aim and gets ready to shoot another arrow
[22:27] <Grikk> [er,that should be a +8,if charge is +2 to hit]
[22:28] <@GWRD> (Theon, Ptolamir, and Grikk all hit AC 15)
[22:28] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm pretty sure I hit with a 28… so… )
[22:28] <@Theon_Tokko> 2d6+7 (Broadsword)
[22:28] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 2d6(9)+7]: 16 (Broadsword)
[22:28] <@Ptolamir> 4d6+1 damage
[22:28] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 4d6(10)+1]: 11 damage
[22:28] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d4 (Spirit Totem, Slam attack)
[22:28] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d4(2)]: 2 (Spirit Totem, Slam attack)
[22:29] <Grikk> 1d6+6
[22:29] <TolBot> [Grikk's 1d6(4)+6]: 10
[22:29] <@GWRD> The three of you badly wound it, to the point it is almost dead already.
[22:29] <@Theon_Tokko> (cancel that spirit totem I have ot roll tohit for it… if I'm reading this right)
[22:29] <@GWRD> (So roll)
[22:30] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3
[22:30] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(11)+3]: 14
[22:30] <Katilyn> (someone just be sure to grab kat's bow! :P )
[22:30] <@GWRD> (Miss)
[22:30] <@GWRD> (Kat, Valio, Wyran, IT)
[22:31] <Katilyn> (is my character awake?)
[22:32] <@GWRD> (Should be, unless you fainted or have less than 0 hps)
[22:32] <Valio> (don't you have 5hp still?)
[22:32] <Katilyn> (yes, but i'm still not sure how all that works :P)
[22:32] * Valio throws the javelin at the beast.
[22:32] <Valio> 1d20+2
[22:33] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(5)+2]: 7
[22:33] * Katilyn sighed “someone just make sure you pick up my bow” she says as she attempt to poke it with a dagger.
[22:33] <Valio> (down to 4 javelins now lol)
[22:33] <@GWRD> (0 >= you can do stuff, <0 you bleed)
[22:33] <Katilyn> 1d20+3
[22:33] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(17)+3]: 20
[22:33] <Grikk> [unless youre a half-orc like me,then you can still do stuff once at <0]
[22:34] <Katilyn> (k)
[22:37] <@GWRD> (Hit, but your drawing a weapon provokes an attack)
[22:37] <@GWRD> 1d20+9
[22:37] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(2)+9]: 11
[22:37] <@GWRD> (Which I assume misses)
[22:37] <Katilyn> (that's a miss)
[22:37] <Katilyn> 1d4+1
[22:37] <TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d4(3)+1]: 4
[22:38] <@GWRD> You stab it in the underbelly and it lets out a weak growl.
[22:39] <@GWRD> (Wyran, IT)
[22:39] <Wyran> 11) [22:40] * Wyran charges forward but stops short of the creature, just behind Theon and uses his Channel Energy ability with Selective Channel the feat to exclude the monster that has Kat.
[22:41] <Wyran> 2d6 (Heal for anyone within 30ft radius unless your that monster)
[22:41] <TolBot> [Wyran's 2d6(6)]: 6 (Heal for anyone within 30ft radius unless your that monster)
[22:41] <@GWRD> 1d20+9 to Kat
[22:41] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(4)+9]: 13 to Kat
[22:42] <Katilyn> (miss)
[22:42] <@GWRD> It tries to take a bite out of Kat as it lets go of her and flies 60' over the water.
[22:43] <Timandra_Eskander> (can I get a shot off?)
[22:43] <Katilyn> (did she just fall into the water?)
[22:43] <@GWRD> (no)
[22:43] <Grikk> [do i get an AoO?]
[22:44] <@GWRD> Good call, hold on…)
[22:44] * @Ptolamir braces for the dive.
[22:44] <@Theon_Tokko> (yea, I'm right there so I might get one too lol)
[22:44] <@GWRD> 1d20+10
[22:44] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(13)+10]: 23
[22:44] <@GWRD> (Yes)
[22:45] <Grikk> 1d20+7
[22:45] <TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(8)+7]: 15
[22:45] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+9 (AoO)
[22:45] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(20)+9]: 29 (AoO) (Yeah, baby)
[22:45] <@GWRD> (hit)
[22:45] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+9 (Confirm)
[22:45] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(9)+9]: 18 (Confirm)
[22:45] <Grikk> 1d6+4
[22:45] <Timandra_Eskander> (can I shoot?)
[22:45] <TolBot> [Grikk's 1d6(6)+4]: 10
[22:45] <@GWRD> (wait your turn)
[22:45] <Timandra_Eskander> (never mind)
[22:45] * Timandra_Eskander moves down to tend to Katilyn (on her turn)
[22:47] <@GWRD> As it tries to fly off, it gets stabbed and falls over the edge in death.
[22:47] <@Theon_Tokko> (aww, if my crit confirmed I was curious at how much damage I did lol)
[22:48] <@Theon_Tokko> 2#2d6+7 (Curosity…)
[22:48] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 2d6(10)+7]: 17 (Curosity…)
[22:48] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 2d6(7)+7]: 14 (Curosity…)
[22:48] <Wyran> 12) [22:48] <Grikk> [super death]
[22:48] <Wyran> 13) [22:48] * Valio watches the beast go down. “Hmm.” [22:48] * Katilyn is assumed she fell to the ground when the creature let go and will try to look for her bow (on her turn.)
[22:50] <@GWRD> With the death of the Red Mountain Devil, it's certain that you will now sleep a little better knowing that dead bodies will not be rained down upon you anymore.
[22:50] <Timandra_Eskander> (well, if it dropped cheesecakes, then I would have spared its life.)
[22:50] <@GWRD> Game over

1)
warm fuzzy huggable death?
2)
I poped off a Channel Energy near the end of the last session. Should have been around 8hp gained to those that needed it
3)
I'll take a dark watch
4)
Do you have one in a dark blue – really matches the rest of my outfits.)
[20:55] <Timandra_Eskander> (third)
[20:55] <@GWRD> (who's on last watch?)
[20:55] <Wyran> (( ill take last then
5)
hehe
6)
scratch that
7)
bot = pot
8)
wouldnt that be a -2 to bite attacks?
9)
not whew, crit = more damage than normal
10)
I supose I know my action now
11)
hrmm, ok try to finish it or heal…
12)
so, death
13)
lots and lots of death
campaigns/sfss/session_45_-_1-4-2015_-_the_red_devil.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/05 02:43 by ryubasteon