Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:sfss:session_41_-_11-30-2014_-_dancing_with_mother_in_the_ebb_of_darkness

[19:24] <@GWRD> Once upon a time, in an underground cavern far far away, our intreped band of shipwreck survivors happened upon the note of the dead ship captain of the Jenivere, and a whole lot of trouble.
[19:25] <+Grikk> [everyone died,and the ghouls lived happily ever after]
[19:25] <Crichton> 1) [19:26] <@GWRD> Our heroes decided to split up, to um… cover more ground or something, and one of the newcomers trying to get her friend up a ledge with her, let one of the nasty denizens of this cave system creep up behind her.
[19:26] <@GWRD> (Map: https://realtimeboard.com/app/66287944/Caves-of-the-Mother/ )
[19:26] <@Theon_Tokko> (Yup, we all know “Rogues like to do it from behind”)
[19:26] <+Katilyn> (that's what kat gets for relying on friends lol)
[19:27] <@Ptolamir> (sorry I didn’t say I was gone last week. forgot to inform)
[19:27] <@GWRD> (The character of Ptolamir has been relocated to closer to the action)
[19:27] <@Ptolamir> (I was at a conference in SoCo)
[19:27] <@GWRD> (No worries)
[19:27] <@Ptolamir> (SoCa)
[19:28] <@GWRD> (Facebook told me, while it was spying on you.)
[19:28] <@Ptolamir> (ah, good)
[19:28] <+Katilyn> (that reminds me, i will be on but i will be late/afk for the first 30 mins or so)
[19:28] <+Katilyn> (next week)
[19:29] <@GWRD> Game on
[19:30] <+Darenel> (i assume my badger has gonne puff and i am using Valio as a human Shield)
[19:31] <+Valio> (thanks so much…)
[19:31] <+Katilyn> (also, i totally blame grikk for not being able to climb for crap :P)
[19:31] <+Grikk> [i blame me too]
[19:31] <@GWRD> Katilyn feels the fetid drool of one of the creatures of the cave on the nape of her neck.
[19:31] <@GWRD> (Picture: http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/0/01/Kellid_ghoul.jpg/150px-Kellid_ghoul.jpg )
[19:31] <@GWRD> (Yes Darenel)
[19:32] <@GWRD> `init rolls please
[19:32] <+TolBot> Please make an initiative roll (1d20+modifier).
[19:32] <+Valio> 1d20+4
[19:32] <+TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(11)+4]: 15
[19:32] <+Darenel> 1d20+1 Int
[19:32] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(5)+1]: 6 Int
[19:32] <@GWRD> 1d20+2 for CREATURES
[19:32] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(19)+2]: 21 for CREATURES
[19:32] <+Katilyn> (who do i add? i forget)
[19:32] <+Katilyn> (what)
[19:32] <@GWRD> (Dex bonus, plus any feats / traits that give you a bonus)
[19:32] <+Katilyn> (found it)
[19:32] <+Grikk> 1d20+2
[19:32] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(19)+2]: 21
[19:33] <+Katilyn> 1s20+8
[19:33] <+Katilyn> 1d20+8
[19:33] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(13)+8]: 21
[19:33] <@GWRD> Meanwhile in an adjoining cave, Valio and Darenel have also spotted their special version of ugly in the next cavern over.
[19:33] <@GWRD> `init report
[19:33] <+TolBot> Initiative Order: Grikk, 21, CREATURES, 21, Katilyn, 21, Valio, 15, Darenel, 6
[19:33] <@GWRD> (Grikk, Katilyn)
[19:34] <+Grikk> [im still trying to get up the ledge?]
[19:34] <@Theon_Tokko> (Sorry, was talking to the wife)
[19:34] <@GWRD> (Your init is 1)
[19:34] <+Darenel> (so did the special ugly spot us too?)
[19:34] <@GWRD> (Yep)
[19:34] <+Katilyn> (so, how close is the ugly to me? like next square over now right?)
[19:35] <@GWRD> (Yup)
[19:35] <@GWRD> (Drooling on your neck)
[19:35] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm fine with going last lol)
[19:36] <+Grikk> 1d20-1 get up the ledge
[19:36] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(20)-1]: 19 get up the ledge (Magnificent.)
[19:36] <+Grikk> [nice]
[19:36] <+Darenel> (he should get a bonus attack for that one)
[19:36] * +Katilyn will spin around, and attempt to kick out the gouls kneecaps.
[19:36] <+Katilyn> (now what do i roll?)
[19:37] <+Darenel> (CMB??)
[19:37] <@GWRD> (Note: If you don't have the ability to make an improved unarmed attack, you'll provoke an attack)
[19:37] <+Katilyn> (hang on, man i feel like i'm slowing you guys down)
[19:37] <@GWRD> (Don't worry about it, it's a learning experience)
[19:38] <+Katilyn> (i realize i had a better thing i could have done, i think but as i'm, pretty sure i dont have improved unarmed attack i'm provoking an attack)
[19:39] <@GWRD> (OK)
[19:39] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 vs Katilyn's AC
[19:39] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(10)+3]: 13 vs Katilyn's AC
[19:39] <+Katilyn> (ha 16!)
[19:39] <@GWRD> The creature claws at your chest, but can't penetrate the thick armor.
[19:39] <@GWRD> (Roll to attack)
[19:40] <+Katilyn> (melee or cmb?)
[19:40] <@GWRD> (Melee unless you are trying something special with your kick)
[19:40] <+Katilyn> 1d20+3
[19:40] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(16)+3]: 19
[19:40] <@GWRD> (Hit)
[19:41] <@GWRD> (1d3 damage + Strength bonus)
[19:41] <@Ptolamir> (I’m in a different tunnel, right?)
[19:41] <@GWRD> (I moved you up to the entrance to the cavern the group is in)
[19:42] <@Ptolamir> (ah, ok, I see. I can take last init, then)
[19:43] <@GWRD> (Waiting on Katilyn damage, and any other action from Grikk)
[19:43] <@Theon_Tokko> (Kat, 1d3+1 damage roll)
[19:44] <+Grikk> [can i attack as well?]
[19:44] <@GWRD> (Well Katilyn is in your way, so you can't even find a good spot to stand on the ledge yet, unless she moves.)
[19:45] <+Grikk> [ah]
[19:48] <@Ptolamir> (did we stall?)
[19:48] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+3 vs Katilyn
[19:48] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(11)+3]: 14 vs Katilyn
[19:48] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(5)+3]: 8 vs Katilyn
[19:48] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(10)+3]: 13 vs Katilyn
[19:48] <@GWRD> (We did)
[19:48] <@Theon_Tokko> (I dunno where she went lol)
[19:49] <@GWRD> The creature behind Katilyn continues to claw and bite at her, gouging Katilyn's armor with long filthy nails. The creature in the other cavern runs deeper into the cave system.
[19:49] <@GWRD> (Valio, Darenel, Kat damage)
[19:49] * +Valio takes a step back and begins a rousing song (BP: inspire courage)
[19:50] <@GWRD> (Inspire Courage: +1 attack/damage)
[19:50] * +Katilyn (me@a5557d.14055af6.206.128.imsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[19:50] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Theon, Ptolamir Kat damage)
[19:51] * Shaddow (me@a5557d.14055af6.206.128.imsk) has joined #grovewood
[19:51] <+Grikk> [wb]
[19:51] <@GWRD> (WB)
[19:51] * +Darenel casts Aspect of the bear on Valio
[19:51] <Shaddow> (thx, can someone pm me what i missed?)
[19:51] * Shaddow is now known as Katilyn
[19:51] <@Theon_Tokko> (roll 1d3+1 damage please)
[19:51] <@GWRD> The creature behind Katilyn continues to claw and bite at her, gouging Katilyn's armor with long filthy nails. The creature in the other cavern runs deeper into the cave system.
[19:52] <Katilyn> 1d3+1
[19:52] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d3(1)+1]: 2
[19:52] <@GWRD> (That's about the most of it)
[19:52] <@GWRD> Katilyn kicks the creature in the knee cap, but all it seems to do is stir it up into a frenzy.
[19:52] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Theon, Ptolamir)
[19:52] <@Ptolamir> (only one baddy left? the white dot?)
[19:52] <@GWRD> (That you know of, yes)
[19:53] <Katilyn> (can i get the game ma link again please?)
[19:53] <+Darenel> (can i cast Aspect of bear on Valio or is that self only spell?)
[19:53] * @Ptolamir steps into FoV and shoots an arrow.
[19:53] <@GWRD> (Map: https://realtimeboard.com/app/66287944/Caves-of-the-Mother/)
[19:53] <@GWRD> (-2 to hit, as it has cover from Kat)
[19:54] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4-2
[19:54] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(16)+4-2]: 18
[19:54] <@GWRD> (And it's at a bit of a funky angle from you)
[19:54] <@GWRD> (hit)
[19:54] <@Ptolamir> 1d8+1 damage
[19:54] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d8(4)+1]: 5 damage
[19:55] <@GWRD> An arrow expertly wizzes by Katilyn's arm and embeds itself in the creature's shoulder.
[19:55] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Theon)
[19:56] <@GWRD> Timandra withdraws to a safer distance by the fire mage.
[19:56] * +Darenel casts Aspect of the bear
[19:56] <@GWRD> (Would you like to do anything else?)
[19:57] <+Darenel> (the guy in front of us ran deeper in?)
[19:57] <@GWRD> (Yup)
[19:57] * +Darenel carefully follows the tunnel i the direction the creature ran
[19:59] <@GWRD> Bones lie strewn about the floor of this cavern. The grisly remains appear to have been gnawed upon so that they are cracked and jagged.
[19:59] <@GWRD> (Theon, Grikk, Kat)
[19:59] * @Theon_Tokko climbs the ledge to his south (the one connecting to V25)
[19:59] <+Darenel> (do i hear the commotion coming from the others?)
[19:59] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5 Climb
[19:59] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(19)+5]: 24 Climb
[19:59] <@GWRD> (Yes Darenel)
[19:59] <+Grikk> [holding action til i have a place to stand]
[20:00] <@GWRD> You also see Theon emerge from an ajoining passage.
[20:00] <@GWRD> (Kat, Grikk - holding)
[20:00] * +Darenel calls out back to Valio “The others are being attacked” [20:00] <@Theon_Tokko> (if I can use my combat action as a move I'll keep moving to the corridor heading out north, but pretty sure all movement got exausted climbing lol)
[20:00] <@GWRD> (Yeah your done about there.)
[20:01] * Katilyn will attempt to flip over the head of the creature and move back till she's about 30 feet away and then pull out her cross bow.
[20:03] * @Ptolamir nods at Timandra.
[20:03] <Katilyn> (is that realistic or no? cause most of my weapons are throw things)
[20:03] <@GWRD> (That will require an acrobatics check. With no points in it, it's 1d20+dex)
[20:03] <+Darenel> (is that Theon to my right?)
[20:03] <Katilyn> 1d20+9
[20:03] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(19)+9]: 28
[20:03] <@GWRD> (Theon is 2 squares above your circle on the map)
[20:03] <@GWRD> (Kat do you want to go up or down on the map?)
[20:04] <@GWRD> (Up into the larger room or down to the smaller room?)
[20:04] <+Darenel> (just wondering because of funky color of the dot)
[20:04] <Katilyn> (down into the smaller room)
[20:04] <@GWRD> (Theon is black, Valio is puke-yellow)
[20:04] <@Theon_Tokko> (click on it and it'll change back to normal, jus' means it got moved)
[20:05] <+Valio> (puke-yellow is a 'classy' color for a bard. I approve)
[20:05] <+Darenel> (so its Mage that pinkifies (is that a word) stuff on the map)
[20:05] <@GWRD> Katilyn uses the distraction of the arrow hit to slide past the creature and into an ajoining tunnel
[20:05] <+Grikk> [its a word now]
[20:06] <@GWRD> (I suppose I do “pinkify things, but it looks normal on my view)
[20:06] <@GWRD> (Kat's attack, Grikk's held action)
[20:07] <+Grikk> [do i need to roll again to get on the ledge,or can i just go kill the thing?]
[20:08] <@GWRD> (You can get on the ledge)
[20:08] <Katilyn> 1d20+6 to fire her crossbow at the stupid thing.
[20:08] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(15)+6]: 21 to fire her crossbow at the stupid thing.
[20:08] <@GWRD> (Hit)
[20:08] <Katilyn> 1d4
[20:08] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d4(4)]: 4
[20:08] * +Grikk gets up on the ledge,sees the creature,and goes to attack it [power attack]
[20:09] <@GWRD> Grikk, as you get into the creature's face, you see the tip of a bolt suddenly protrude from its chest.
[20:09] <+Grikk> 1d20+6
[20:09] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(1)+6]: 7 (*cough*)
[20:09] <+Grikk> [ouch.]
[20:10] <@GWRD> Which startles you, as your blade takes out a chunk of ceiling, covering you in moss and dirt.
[20:10] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+3 vs Grikk's AC
[20:10] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+3]: 23 vs Grikk's AC (Magnificent.)
[20:10] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+3]: 12 vs Grikk's AC
[20:10] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(7)+3]: 10 vs Grikk's AC
[20:10] <+Grikk> [the hell TolBot,you cant follow a crit with a crit fail]
[20:10] * +TolBot perks up.
[20:10] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 confirm
[20:10] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+3]: 12 confirm
[20:10] <+Grikk> [ac 19]
[20:10] <@Theon_Tokko> (Nice Kat)
[20:10] <Katilyn> (thank you!)
[20:10] <@GWRD> 1d6+3 and 2 DC13 fort saves
[20:10] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(4)+3]: 7 and 2 DC13 fort saves
[20:11] <+Darenel> (is Grikk a turtle in full plate?)
[20:11] <+Grikk> [nope,scale mail]
[20:11] <+Grikk> 1d20+5
[20:11] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(12)+5]: 17
[20:11] <+Grikk> 1d20+5
[20:11] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(11)+5]: 16
[20:11] <@GWRD> It takes advantage of your fumble to get a quick, but painful bite in through the scales of your armor.
[20:12] <@GWRD> The area around the bite goes slightly numb.
[20:12] <@GWRD> (Valio, Darenel, Theon, Ptolamir)
[20:12] * +Valio continues his performance as he advances (double?)
[20:13] <@GWRD> (How far you want to go in?)
[20:13] <+Valio> (as far as I can.
[20:13] * +Darenel gives a quick look around the chamber to make sure there are enemies and follows further in
[20:14] <@GWRD> Katilyn and Valio meet in a small cavern that opens up to the west. The sound of the surf and waves is strong here.
[20:14] <@GWRD> (Where to Darenel?)
[20:14] * +Valio nods in greeting
[20:14] <+Darenel> (the way the super ugly went to)
[20:14] <@GWRD> Katilyn however has her crossbow pointed towards the northeast tunnel
[20:15] * Katilyn nods back.
[20:15] <@GWRD> Darenel meets the two of you for a sea-side picnic.
[20:15] <@GWRD> (Theon, Ptolamir)
[20:15] * @Theon_Tokko quickly scans the room then heads north, and tries to make his way up behind the baddy that Grikk failed to kill.
[20:15] <@GWRD> (Double move)
[20:15] <@Theon_Tokko> (aight, didn't think I'd have enough to attack lol)
[20:15] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Kat, Grikk)
[20:16] <@Theon_Tokko> (Grikk should get flanking now atleast)
[20:16] * @Ptolamir looses anothe rarrow.
[20:16] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4-2
[20:16] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(19)+4-2]: 21
[20:16] <@GWRD> (Hit)
[20:16] <@Ptolamir> 1d8+1
[20:16] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d8(5)+1]: 6
[20:17] * Katilyn mutters as Theon blocks her from making another attack and merely stays ready for now.
[20:17] <@GWRD> As Theon Tokko moves into a flanking position, he is splattered with a bit of blood and brain matter as an arrow embeds itself in the creature's head. It stumbles for a brief moment before collapsing dead on the ground.
[20:17] <@GWRD> (If Ptolamir has Knowledge: Religion, he may roll it now)
[20:18] <@Ptolamir> (he does not)
[20:18] <@Ptolamir> (Knowledge: Arcana, history, nature)
[20:18] <@GWRD> (ok - end init for the moment)
[20:18] * @Theon_Tokko spits out the gore that made its way into his mouth
[20:18] <+Grikk> “I feel funny.” [20:18] <@Theon_Tokko> (want me to roll init now so I can be placed in the tracker right?)
[20:18] <@GWRD> (nope)
[20:19] <@Theon_Tokko> (evil wife distracting me XD)
[20:19] <@Ptolamir> (“wicked wife” sounds better)
[20:19] <@Theon_Tokko> (she's just evil, has graduated to wicket yet… except when its 'that time of the month' and where in the bloody hell is Harl…)
[20:20] <+Grikk> [eaten by the ghouls]
[20:20] <+Valio> (I wish bardic performance didn't take a standard action each time. lvl 7 before I can attack and start in a single turn…)
[20:20] <@Theon_Tokko> (probably more like Zionia has him locked up in a closet somewhere…)
[20:21] * +Valio recasts his dancing lights as he stops the performance.
[20:21] <@GWRD> (Harl has to work early, and won't be here tonight)
[20:21] * Katilyn aims her cross bow at the ground as the current bady is dead, and resumes her torch holding duty.
[20:22] <+Grikk> [he should get his priorities straight]
[20:22] <@GWRD> Timandra volunteers to take over rear guard duties from Ptolamir.
[20:23] <+Darenel> (did the creature we saw run west or north or we didnt see)
[20:23] * +Valio looks around the cavern, allowing his lights to float out over the water.
[20:23] <@GWRD> (You didn't see where it went after it left the room it was in, in a northernly direction)
[20:24] <@GWRD> A cavern ledge leads down to a small sandy beach in this large cave, the majority of which is taken up by a sloshing pool of seawater.
[20:24] <@GWRD> (V26)
[20:24] <+Valio> “I suppose this is how the water gets into the small pond back there.” [20:25] <+Darenel> (any tracks on the sand?)
[20:25] <@GWRD> (Tracking check)
[20:26] <@GWRD> (Which is survival)
[20:26] <+Darenel> 1d20+13 Survival
[20:26] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(3)+13]: 16 Survival
[20:26] <+Darenel> (dont have tracking itself)
[20:27] <@GWRD> It appears that there is a number of tracks that go in and out of the water, and a fresh set that go north east past where Kat is standing.
[20:27] <@GWRD> (It's part of survival, some classes get bonuses to the tracking portion of it.)
[20:28] <@GWRD> (What's everybody doing at this point?)
[20:28] <+Darenel> (oh like survival:find food)
[20:28] * +Darenel points out the fresh tracks and suggests following them
[20:28] * Katilyn is standing holding her torch so darenel can see all those lovely tracks. She will step aside though, careful not to distrub the tracks, so that darenel can conintue to follow them
[20:28] <+Grikk> [meeting up with the rest of the group]
[20:29] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+6 Tracking/Survival
[20:29] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(18)+6]: 24 Tracking/Survival
[20:29] <@GWRD> (DM automatically advances Ptolamir to behind Grikk.)
[20:29] <@Ptolamir> (thanks)
[20:29] <@GWRD> (Does Theon have a light source?)
[20:30] <@Theon_Tokko> (I have torches, although I never stated I pulled one out XD)
[20:30] <@GWRD> (Then you're sight options are limited at the moment.)
[20:31] <+Darenel> (do i need to refresh Light spell on my staff? )
[20:31] <@GWRD> Theon can barely make out 3 sets of recent tracks in the immediate 10' area around him, all seem to go north west.
[20:31] <@GWRD> (All the light sources are concentrated in one location at the moment)
[20:32] * +Darenel follows the tracks north east slowly watching for more creatures
[20:32] <+Valio> (Mine is floating over the water currently)
[20:33] <+Darenel> ( suddenly a huge section of the ceiling collapses and a sandworm enters the cavern)
[20:33] <@GWRD> (Light is yellow circles)
[20:34] <@GWRD> (Obviously won't penetrate walls though, so that's it's MAX possible radius)
[20:35] <@GWRD> (Perception checks: Darenel, Theon, Grikk, Ptolamir)
[20:35] * +Valio waits at the rear, looking around at the water while the others move through the paths.
[20:36] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7 Perception
[20:36] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(19)+7]: 26 Perception
[20:36] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+3 perception
[20:36] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(13)+3]: 16 perception
[20:36] <@Theon_Tokko> (na-na-na-na-nineteen!)
[20:37] <+Grikk> 1d20
[20:37] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(19)]: 19
[20:37] <@GWRD> The two of you spot one of the creatures trying to hide behind a shallow indent in the wall just near the entranceway.
[20:37] <+Grikk> [speaking of nanananineteen]
[20:38] * @Theon_Tokko grins and looks in the baddys general direction, “Play time boys and girls.” [20:38] <+Darenel> 1d20+9 perc
[20:38] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(3)+9]: 12 perc
[20:38] <@GWRD> `init rolls please
[20:38] <+TolBot> Please make an initiative roll (1d20+modifier).
[20:38] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3
[20:38] <+Valio> 1d20+4
[20:38] <+TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(16)+4]: 20
[20:38] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(11)+3]: 14
[20:38] <@GWRD> 1d20+2 for Lacedons
[20:38] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(7)+2]: 9 for Lacedons
[20:38] <+Grikk> 1d20+2
[20:38] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(8)+2]: 10
[20:38] <+Darenel> 1d20+1
[20:38] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(9)+1]: 10
[20:38] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+2
[20:38] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(15)+2]: 17
[20:39] <@GWRD> (Note: You 4 need to remember those Perception rolls, and when the others enter that area, need to make rolls)
[20:39] <Katilyn> 1d20+8
[20:39] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(3)+8]: 11
[20:39] <+Grikk> [ok,19191919191919]
[20:40] <@GWRD> `init report
[20:40] <+TolBot> Initiative Order: Valio, 20, Ptolamir, 17, Theon_Tokko, 14, Katilyn, 11, Grikk, 10, Darenel, 10, Lacedons, 9
[20:40] * +Valio hears Theon and begins an inspiring song once again, allowing the cave reverberation to create a neat rumbling undertone.
[20:40] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Theon, Kat)
[20:40] <@Ptolamir> (The new baddy on the map that we just now noteiced is the orange one?)
[20:41] <@GWRD> (Should be a white dot)
[20:41] <@Ptolamir> ( I don’t see where is “behind a shallow indent in the wall just near the entranceway”)
[20:41] <@GWRD> (Should be the only dot in that room… I'll label it better)
[20:41] <+Valio> (V17, top dot)
[20:42] <@GWRD> (Marked with a 0 for 0 damage received)
[20:42] <+Grikk> [whoawhoawhoa,big baddy?]
[20:42] <@GWRD> (Shhhhhhh, don't look at the legend.)
[20:42] <+Grikk> [guys,i looked at the legend D:]
[20:42] <@GWRD> (Shallow indent is more flavor text Ptol)
[20:42] <@Theon_Tokko> (waiting to see what Ptol is doing… )
[20:43] <Katilyn> (hell i looked ages ago, i just kept my mouth shut :P)
[20:43] * @Ptolamir sees the new white baddy.
[20:43] <@Ptolamir> (All I can do is fire another arrow at -2, right?)
[20:44] <@GWRD> (Probably)
[20:44] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4-2 arrow
[20:44] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(6)+4-2]: 8 arrow
[20:44] <@GWRD> Swoosh
[20:44] * @Theon_Tokko moves forward and lashes out at the beast.
[20:44] <@GWRD> An arrow goes wizzing past and into the dark beyond of the room.
[20:45] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+6 (+1 from Valio right? If so, add 1 please)
[20:45] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(19)+6]: 25 (+1 from Valio right? If so, add 1 please)
[20:45] * Katilyn will merely move up behind Darenel, her weapon down but ready.
[20:45] <@Theon_Tokko> (Oh~ Crit Confirm? I crit on 19-20)
[20:45] <@GWRD> (Ok)
[20:45] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+6
[20:45] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(9)+6]: 15
[20:45] <@GWRD> (Confirmed)
[20:45] <@Theon_Tokko> 2d6+4 (x2)
[20:45] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 2d6(5)+4]: 9 (x2)
[20:46] <@Theon_Tokko> (18 damage)
[20:46] <@GWRD> (You roll damage twice, it's not x2)
[20:46] <@Theon_Tokko> (oh, no fun lol)
[20:46] <@Theon_Tokko> 2d6+4
[20:46] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 2d6(5)+4]: 9
[20:46] <@Theon_Tokko> (still 18 lol)
[20:46] <@GWRD> (It's better for you if you roll crap)
[20:46] <+Valio> (hey, look. x2. hehe)
[20:47] <+Darenel> (so he confirmed the crit and then confirmed his bad maths)
[20:47] <@GWRD> Theon quickly steps forward and runs his sword right into its mid-section and yanks up hard.
[20:47] <@GWRD> (Remaining on init)
[20:47] <@GWRD> (Grikk, Darenel)
[20:48] * +Darenel moves behind Theon shining light into the cavern
[20:48] <@GWRD> (You are behind him, do you want to move into the cavern?)
[20:48] <+Grikk> [i seem to have lost the baddy]
[20:48] <@GWRD> (It died)
[20:48] <@Theon_Tokko> (I killed the baddy lol)
[20:48] <+Grikk> [that would do it,lol]
[20:49] * +Grikk moves forward into v27
[20:49] <+Darenel> ( yea into the cavern but not too far in to be cut off)
[20:49] <+Grikk> [also have darkvision]
[20:50] <@GWRD> (How far in are you going?
[20:50] <+Darenel> (few feet)
[20:50] <+Grikk> [ill go in ten feet,ahead of darenel]
[20:51] <@GWRD> (You had a 19 perception?)
[20:51] <@Theon_Tokko> (brb, potty)
[20:51] <+Grikk> [aye]
[20:51] * Katilyn will move in to just behind Theon.
[20:51] <+Darenel> (12 perception here)
[20:52] <@GWRD> (Patience padawan rogue)
[20:52] <@GWRD> (It's my turn)
[20:52] <Katilyn> (sorry)
[20:52] <@GWRD> (I need Grikk and Darenel to reroll your Perceptions)
[20:52] <+Darenel> (yeah GM needs to pull back the curtain and show us the goods)
[20:52] <@Ptolamir> (i had 16)
[20:52] <+Darenel> 1d20+9 perception
[20:52] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(20)+9]: 29 perception (Awesome.)
[20:52] <+Grikk> 1d20
[20:52] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(11)]: 11
[20:52] <Katilyn> (i forgotted we were in init, sue me :P i has 10 cents)
[20:53] <@GWRD> Room description: This long cavern is scattered with bones, body parts, and bits of seaweed. A hole in the floor to the west echoes with the sloshing of waves.
[20:54] <@GWRD> Darenel, in the darkness, you and you alone see 3 of them sneak up on Grikk.
[20:54] * +Darenel calls out to alert Grikk
[20:55] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 init for Nylithati
[20:55] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(11)+3]: 14 init for Nylithati
[20:55] * +Grikk is alerted
[20:55] <@GWRD> (Round 2 - Valio, Ptolamir)
[20:56] <+Darenel> (time to bust out them flamethrowers Mr T)
[20:57] * +Valio continues his song and continues to explore the cave he's in, moving towards the upper wall and moving the lights to match. (double move along the sand, maybe into the water?)
[20:57] <@Theon_Tokko> (somebody move closer so I can see the baddies lol)
[20:57] <Katilyn> (i will when it's my turn :P )
[20:58] <+Darenel> (BADDIES SHOULD BE IN MY LIGHT RANGE)
[20:58] <+Grikk> [i cant move any closer to them]
[20:58] <+Darenel> (oops sorry)
[20:58] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, ME)
[20:58] <@GWRD> (They are in your light range)
[20:59] <+Darenel> (sorry i just had a flashback of this: Sir he cant pull over any further , he is already pulled over)
[21:00] <@GWRD> (Me, Ptolamir - AFK holding)
[21:00] <@GWRD> (Visual: http://www.techcomfort.com/Dungeons/Game/mareth-kor/images/nylithati_lacedon.jpg )
[21:02] <+Grikk> [thats a face only a mother could lo-nope,cant lie]
[21:02] <+Darenel> (that might be the mother)
[21:02] <@GWRD> Another one of these creatures emerges from the back of the cavern. She is a gaunt, green-skinned woman with long ears, a pointed tounge, and rotten flesh. She wears tattered rags, and a small snake's skull on a thong of hair around her neck.
[21:02] <@Ptolamir> (sorry… backed up sewer drain)
[21:03] <@GWRD> “I am impressed with your persistence in making it to the feasting chambers.” [21:03] <@GWRD> (Ewwww)
[21:04] * @Ptolamir moves beside (square above) Daranel and fires burning hands.
[21:04] <@GWRD> “As such, I am willing to offer you life beyond death if you so choose to accept it.
[21:04] <Katilyn> (can the padawan rogue hear that?)
[21:05] <@GWRD> (Ptol will need a perception check, as those lacedons snuck up to Grikk and may not be visible to him.)
[21:05] <@Ptolamir> (she’s kinda cute)
[21:05] <@GWRD> (yes)
[21:05] <@Ptolamir> (so, forget my 16 and roll again?)
[21:05] <+Grikk> “Explain this life beyond death.” [21:05] <@GWRD> (Yes)
[21:05] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+2 percept
[21:05] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(19)+2]: 21 percept
[21:06] <@GWRD> (You see the one above Grikk, but not the other two yet.
[21:06] * +Darenel points at the creatures around Grekk and says “You mean to turn us into those?” [21:07] <@GWRD> It is very simple, I will bite you and give you the gift of live beyond death, and you shall become one of my children.” [21:07] <@GWRD> (Note: She is not luminated at the moment, so she is only visible to those with darkvision)
[21:08] <+Darenel> (what kind of healthcare plan does that come with and any signing bonuses?)
[21:08] <Katilyn> (lol)
[21:08] <+Grikk> “Well, I kinda already have a mother,so thanks but no thanks. Think I'll just kill you and your children instead.” [21:09] * @Ptolamir steps u to cast burning hands at the baddy above Grikk, which will coincindentally also hit the others I don’t see.
[21:09] <@GWRD> “Then you are only fit for food. Children, destroy them.
[21:09] <@GWRD> (Go Tol)
[21:09] <@Ptolamir> (is that ok?)
[21:09] <@GWRD> (yup)
[21:09] <@GWRD> 2#1d20+2 reflex
[21:09] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(12)+2]: 14 reflex
[21:09] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+2]: 22 reflex (Excellent)
[21:09] <@Ptolamir> 4d6
[21:09] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 4d6(6)]: 6
[21:10] <+Darenel> (i assume Ptols little BBQ will illuminate the cave?)
[21:10] <@GWRD> (For a brief moment)
[21:10] <@Ptolamir> DC 15
[21:10] <@GWRD> (Theon, Kat, Grikk, Darenel)
[21:10] <@Ptolamir> “No thanks” [21:10] <@Theon_Tokko> (can I see any of them?)
[21:10] <@GWRD> Flames illuminate a trio of creatures around Grikk briefly.
[21:11] * @Theon_Tokko moves forward and lays into 6
[21:11] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+6
[21:11] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(10)+6]: 16
[21:11] <+Darenel> (my massive muscular frame is blocking your view)
[21:11] <@Ptolamir> (it’ll hit 0, 3 & 6 as it fans)
[21:11] <@GWRD> (It would also hit Grikk if you don't aim away from him.)
[21:11] * @Ptolamir startles to see more creatures.
[21:11] <@GWRD> (I assumed you did)
[21:11] <+Grikk> [power attack,cleave. power attack on 0,cleave into 3]
[21:11] <@Theon_Tokko> 2d6+4
[21:11] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 2d6(5)+4]: 9
[21:12] <+Grikk> 1d20+5
[21:12] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(5)+5]: 10
[21:12] <@GWRD> (You can't cleave into 3 unless you provoke an AoO)
[21:12] <+Grikk> [i cant cleave at all,with that roll]
[21:12] * Katilyn will use her stealth to move towards the mouth of the cave from, bringing her cross bow up so it's ready to fire a soon as she gets a clean line of sight.
[21:12] <@GWRD> (Nevermind me, I'm confusing you with Theon)
[21:12] <Katilyn> 1d20+8
[21:12] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(12)+8]: 20
[21:12] <+Grikk> [lol]
[21:13] <@Theon_Tokko> (Yea, I rolled a tohit 16 on #6, then rolled 9 damage if it hit)
[21:13] <@GWRD> Katelyn moves to the entrance of this part of the cavern.
[21:13] <@Ptolamir> (also, wasn’t sure if my Point Blank +1 damage applies to BurnHands, but just researched and it does.)
[21:14] <+Darenel> (did you use Valios Bonus)
[21:14] <@Theon_Tokko> (actually I didn't add that in on mine, but it doesn't matter)
[21:15] <@GWRD> (Valio's bonus won't apply to spells)
[21:15] <@GWRD> (Darenel)
[21:16] <+Darenel> (i used my nature aly lvl 2 last fight, can you use spontaneous casting to case Nature ally lvl1 or is that used up too)
[21:16] <@GWRD> (Druids can spontaneously cast nature ally spells, replacing spells of an equal level)
[21:16] <@GWRD> (So in the future you don't have to memory any nature ally spells)
[21:18] <+Darenel> (i know but i used memorized lvl 2 spell up already)
[21:18] <@GWRD> (But if you have 1st level spells, you can still cast Summon Nature's Ally I)
[21:18] <+Darenel> (yeah thats that i do)
[21:19] * +Darenel summons an Eagle near the creature attacking Grikk
[21:20] <+Grikk> [which one,there's 3 :p]
[21:20] <+Grikk> [oh we killed one?]
[21:20] <+Darenel> (yeah the 3 one)
[21:20] <@GWRD> (Roll to attack)
[21:21] <+Darenel> 3#1d20+3
[21:21] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(8)+3]: 11
[21:21] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(12)+3]: 15
[21:21] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(17)+3]: 20
[21:21] <@GWRD> (2 hit AC 14)
[21:21] <+Darenel> 2#1d4
[21:21] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d4(1)]: 1
[21:21] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d4(2)]: 2
[21:22] <+Darenel> (2xfort saves?)
[21:22] <@GWRD> (no)
[21:22] <@GWRD> The one getting pecked by the eagle 5'-steps forward to attack Theon, while the second goes after Grikk
[21:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (AC15)
[21:23] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+3 vs Theon
[21:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(14)+3]: 17 vs Theon
[21:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(6)+3]: 9 vs Theon
[21:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(10)+3]: 13 vs Theon
[21:23] <@GWRD> 1d6+3 (2 Fort saves DC 13)
[21:23] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(3)+3]: 6 (2 Fort saves DC 13)
[21:23] <@GWRD> (6 damage)
[21:23] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4 fort
[21:23] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(13)+4]: 17 fort
[21:23] <@GWRD> (1 more)
[21:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (one 1 hit me though >”<)
[21:24] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4 fort
[21:24] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(3)+4]: 7 fort
[21:24] <@GWRD> (I know, the bite has 2 different effects)
[21:24] <@GWRD> 3#1d20+3 vs Grikk
[21:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(2)+3]: 5 vs Grikk
[21:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(10)+3]: 13 vs Grikk
[21:24] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+3]: 12 vs Grikk
[21:24] <+Grikk> [no hits]
[21:25] <@GWRD> The advancing lacedon bites Theon in the shoulder just near the neck. His movements slow and then stop as his body stops responding to his commands.
[21:25] <@GWRD> 1d4+1
[21:25] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(2)+1]: 3
[21:25] <@GWRD> (3 rounds - Paralysis)
[21:25] <@GWRD> The other claws and bites at Grikk, but can't find a way past his defenses.
[21:26] <@Theon_Tokko> (So 3 rounds of looking at Cyber Monday sales…)
[21:26] <@GWRD> (Valio, Ptolamir)
[21:26] <@GWRD> (yes)
[21:26] <+Grikk> [lol]
[21:26] * +Valio splashes through the water and lets the lights float into the cave.
[21:26] <+Valio> 1d20-1 swim
[21:26] <+TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(20)-1]: 19 swim (Awesome.)
[21:26] <@GWRD> (Where to Valio?)
[21:27] <+Valio> (3 up, then inwards.)
[21:27] <+Grikk> [with that roll,off the island to the mainland]
[21:27] <@GWRD> The water pulls towards to the west and out of the caves towards the open sea, but you manage to fight the current as you make you way back onto dry land.
[21:27] <@Ptolamir> (is this same ‘day’ as two sundays ago?)
[21:28] <@GWRD> However, you see an ugly green rotting woman upon landing on shore.
[21:28] <@Ptolamir> (or have spells reset?)
[21:28] <@GWRD> (Same day)
[21:28] <+Darenel> (yeah, if spells reset we would have had a Dire Badger to help us)
[21:29] * @Ptolamir steps up to fire another Burning Hands.
[21:29] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Nylithati)
[21:29] <Katilyn> (brb)
[21:29] <@Ptolamir> 4d6+1
[21:29] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 4d6(11)+1]: 12
[21:30] <+Darenel> (i say you counterspell her right away)
[21:30] <@GWRD> (If you step forward or upper left, you risk an AoO, from your position you can safely hit one without the AoO)
[21:30] <@GWRD> (Without hitting Grikk)
[21:30] <+Grikk> [please dont hit me]
[21:31] <+Darenel> (does AoO mean all creatures attacks or just one?)
[21:31] <@GWRD> (Whatever is in range of you)
[21:31] <@Ptolamir> (stepping forward so can hit 3)
[21:32] <@GWRD> (updated the map so Grikk is a little more visible along with the eagle.)
[21:34] <Katilyn> (back)
[21:35] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 AoO vs. Ptolamir
[21:35] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(7)+3]: 10 AoO vs. Ptolamir
[21:36] <@GWRD> 2#1d20+2 reflexes
[21:36] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(8)+2]: 10 reflexes
[21:36] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+2]: 18 reflexes
[21:36] <@GWRD> (Reflex for the eagle)
[21:36] <@Ptolamir> (it should hit orange, rose, and the one with the eagle.)
[21:36] <+Darenel> 1d20+4 reflex
[21:36] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(20)+4]: 24 reflex (Amazing.)
[21:37] <@GWRD> (6 damage to eagle)
[21:37] <+Darenel> (eagle is dead)
[21:38] <@GWRD> The rotting woman casts a spell that plunges the area into darkness. (Only darkvision can see)
[21:38] <@GWRD> (Theon, Katilyn, Grikk)
[21:38] <+Grikk> [i can see! :D]
[21:38] <@Ptolamir> (you only rolled 2 reflexes, Mage, but 06 got hit as well)
[21:38] <+Valio> (lag?)
[21:39] <Katilyn> (how many bad guys are left?)
[21:39] <@GWRD> (06 was at 00 before. The two lacedons you could hit were hit, along with the eagle)
[21:39] <+Grikk> [6,and the big baddy]
[21:39] <@GWRD> (1 lacedon, and 1 mother)
[21:39] <Katilyn> (thanks)
[21:39] <@Ptolamir> (I hit all three baddies, then, right/. that’s all I’m trying to confirm))
[21:40] <@GWRD> (There were 2, and yes you hit both of them, and the summoned eagle)
[21:40] <@Ptolamir> (I can’t know if you understand what I’ doing, cause I can’t draw on the map, so having to ask is all)
[21:40] <@Ptolamir> (Why did I not hit the third?)
[21:41] <@GWRD> (There was no third by Grikk, unless you meant Grikk himself (Gray dot) Nylithati was more than 15' away)
[21:41] <@Ptolamir> (but you took two baddies off the map)
[21:41] <+Darenel> (which third? one of them was my eagle)
[21:41] <@Ptolamir> (Oh, I thought that was an eagle on top of an orange baddy. the legend has an orange dot baddy.)
[21:41] <Katilyn> (there were origionally three by Grikk, but one died awhile back.)
[21:41] <@GWRD> (That's why I labelled it eagle)
[21:42] <@Ptolamir> (I misread the map. Wouldn’t acted differently. Oh well)
[21:42] <@Ptolamir> (I assumed a flying eagle was occupying the same space)
[21:42] <@GWRD> (I need a better system for a map, this is an improvement, but not good enough yet.)
[21:42] <+Darenel> (holograms)
[21:42] <@GWRD> (Theon, Katilyn, Grikk)
[21:42] <+Grikk> [VR]
[21:42] <@Theon_Tokko> (I have d20 pro, but I can't host…, and I'm still paralized so I don't think I can do anything)
[21:43] <+Darenel> (this system would be ok if it was easier to edit)
[21:43] <@GWRD> (Katilyn, Grikk, Darenel)
[21:43] <@GWRD> (Yeah, that requires a subscription also…<sigh>)
[21:44] <+Valio> (I'm lagging.)
[21:44] <@Theon_Tokko> (roll20?)
[21:44] <@GWRD> (Yes Valio, you are)
[21:44] <@GWRD> (Anyway, looking for actions from somebody)
[21:44] * Katilyn will lay down on the ground and aim at #6 with her cross bow.
[21:44] <Katilyn> (on the ground i take a hit off the roll right?)
[21:44] <@GWRD> It's currently pitch black in the cavern, with all the natural light darkened by some foul magic.
[21:45] <@GWRD> (Unless you have darkvision, you can't see and can only shoot blindly)
[21:45] <+Grikk> [unless you have darkvision,you cant see anything to hit]
[21:45] <@GWRD> (Though you can shoot where you think enemies are)
[21:45] <Katilyn> (oooh sorry, i missed that somehow)
[21:45] <@GWRD> (It happens, no worries)
[21:46] * Katilyn will hold then cause too many of her comerades are in the way.
[21:46] <@GWRD> (Grikk, Darenel - Holding: Kat)
[21:46] * +Grikk swings his sword at 6
[21:46] <+Grikk> 1d20+7
[21:46] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(19)+7]: 26
[21:46] <@GWRD> (Hit)
[21:47] <+Grikk> [i crit on 18-20,confirming]
[21:47] <+Grikk> 1d20+7
[21:47] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(10)+7]: 17
[21:47] <@GWRD> (Confirm)
[21:47] <+Grikk> 1d6+4
[21:47] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d6(3)+4]: 7
[21:47] <+Grikk> 1d6+4
[21:47] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d6(2)+4]: 6
[21:47] <+Grikk> [13 total]
[21:48] * +Darenel tries to make out anything in his surrounding
[21:48] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Valio, Ptolamir)
[21:48] <+Darenel> (i dont know where the mother is, so i cant do anything)
[21:49] <@GWRD> It's as black as a overcast moonless night.
[21:49] <@GWRD> (Valio, Ptolamir)
[21:51] <+Darenel> (Sing us a song, you're the piano man )
[21:52] <@GWRD> (Valio has a 30 second ping time)
[21:52] * @Ptolamir steps back from where he came, and casts Mage Armor.
[21:52] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, -holding: Valio, Kat)
[21:52] <@Ptolamir> (that puts me above Kat, against wall, I guess)
[21:52] <@GWRD> You fumble back until you feel the wall behind you, and cast your protective spell.
[21:53] <@GWRD> You all hear the sounds of foul, black prayers being muttered, then dark lifeless energy wash over you.
[21:53] <@GWRD> 2d6 (DC 14 will save to get 1/2 damage)
[21:53] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 2d6(9)]: 9 (DC 14 will save to get 1/2 damage)
[21:54] <+Grikk> 1d20 will
[21:54] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(20)]: 20 will (Sweet!)
[21:54] <+Darenel> 1d20+8 Will
[21:54] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(20)+8]: 28 Will (Way to go!)
[21:54] <@GWRD> (9 damage on fail, 4 on save)
[21:55] <@GWRD> 1d20+4 attack for Valio
[21:55] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+4]: 24 attack for Valio (Way to go!)
[21:55] <@GWRD> 1d20+4 attack for Valio confirmation
[21:55] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(20)+4]: 24 attack for Valio confirmation (Yeah, baby)
[21:55] <+Grikk> [tolbot is just handing out crits like flyers tonight xD]
[21:55] * +TolBot perks up.
[21:55] <@GWRD> 2#1d100 for fighting blind
[21:55] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d100(78)]: 78 for fighting blind
[21:55] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d100(95)]: 95 for fighting blind
[21:55] <@GWRD> (2 misses)
[21:56] <@Theon_Tokko> (Do I need to roll a will?)
[21:56] <@GWRD> (Everybody does)
[21:57] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 save for Valio, guessing +3
[21:57] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(19)+3]: 22 save for Valio, guessing +3
[21:57] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1
[21:57] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(14)+1]: 15
[21:57] <Katilyn> 1d20+1
[21:57] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(16)+1]: 17
[21:58] <@GWRD> (Theon, Katilyn, Grikk, Darenel)
[21:59] <@Theon_Tokko> (Round 2 of Para)
[21:59] <Katilyn> (it's still dark right?)
[22:00] <@GWRD> (Yes, for another 29 rounds)
[22:01] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4 will
[22:01] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(4)+4]: 8 will
[22:01] <@Ptolamir> (sorry was afk)
[22:01] <@GWRD> (Kat, Grikk, Darenel)
[22:01] * +Grikk goes over to the mother and swings his sword at her
[22:01] <+Grikk> 1d20+7
[22:01] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(8)+7]: 15
[22:02] <@GWRD> (Miss, AC 17)
[22:02] <+Grikk> [boo]
[22:02] <Katilyn> (if i sense motives will that tell me about where the mother is?)
[22:02] <@GWRD> Your swing hits an invisible essence of force surrounding her, that deflects your blow.
[22:02] <@GWRD> (Perception might)
[22:02] <Katilyn> (oi, kk)
[22:02] <Katilyn> 1d20+6
[22:02] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(10)+6]: 16
[22:03] <@GWRD> (You think she may be in the square she's presently at on the map)
[22:03] <+Darenel> 1d20+9 Perception
[22:03] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(18)+9]: 27 Perception
[22:03] <@GWRD> (You may attack if you want to risk it)
[22:04] <@GWRD> (Kat, Darenel, Valio, Ptolamir)
[22:04] * Katilyn will continue to hold.
[22:04] * +Valio (Tasso@6ca5ecd9.subnet-69-85-116.bf48f449.com.hmsk) Quit (Read error: Connection timed out)
[22:04] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Valio, Ptolamir - Holding: Kat)
[22:05] <+Darenel> (can i cast flare in her direction?)
[22:05] <@GWRD> (Sure)
[22:05] * +Darenel listens to where the chanting is coming from and casts flare
[22:06] <@GWRD> You think you are successful in your casting, but you see no light issue forth from your spell.
[22:06] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir - Holding: Kat, Valio)
[22:07] <+Darenel> (maybe we should try to pull out of this unnatural darkness and regroup in the previous room)
[22:07] * @Ptolamir casts Light (as counter?)
[22:07] <+Grikk> [nah,just listen to her screams and attack there]
[22:08] <@GWRD> (Knowledge arcana or spellcraft check)
[22:09] <@GWRD> Your spell, you think was successful, but not powerful enough to counter the effects of this spell.
[22:09] <@GWRD> You hear the black prayers again, as your bodies are wracked with more unholy energy
[22:09] <+Darenel> (was Valio able to see her when he was outside the effect radius?
[22:09] <@GWRD> 2d6 damage (DC 14 for half)
[22:09] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 2d6(4)]: 4 damage (DC 14 for half)
[22:10] <+Darenel> 1d20+8 Will
[22:10] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(20)+8]: 28 Will (Yeah, baby)
[22:10] <+Grikk> 1d20 will
[22:10] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(16)]: 16 will
[22:10] <+Darenel> (crit again)
[22:10] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4 Will vs DC14
[22:10] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(20)+4]: 24 Will vs DC14 Critical success
[22:11] <@GWRD> (Theon last round of para, Kat, Grikk, Darenel - Valio holding)
[22:12] * +Grikk swings his sword at the mother again
[22:12] <+Grikk> 1d20+7
[22:12] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(10)+7]: 17
[22:12] <+Grikk> 1d6+4
[22:12] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d6(5)+4]: 9
[22:12] <@GWRD> (hit)
[22:12] * Katilyn will try again to sense where the mother is.
[22:12] <Katilyn> 1d20+6
[22:13] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(14)+6]: 20
[22:13] <Katilyn> (wait, she just die?)
[22:13] <+Grikk> [doubtful]
[22:13] <@GWRD> (No, my mouse mis-clicked)
[22:13] <@GWRD> (Same spot)
[22:13] <Katilyn> (ooh ok)
[22:14] <@GWRD> (attacking?)
[22:14] * Katilyn will take aim and let a bolt fly from her cross bow
[22:14] <Katilyn> (how far am i from her?)
[22:14] <@GWRD> (20')
[22:14] <@GWRD> (25')
[22:14] <Katilyn> 1d20+6
[22:14] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(2)+6]: 8
[22:14] <Katilyn> (oooh i'm so sorry grikk)
[22:15] <@GWRD> Grikk, you see a bolt go wizzing by you almost hitting Valio.
[22:15] <+Darenel> ( we still getting Valios Bonuses?)
[22:15] <@GWRD> (Darenel - Valio holding)
[22:15] <@GWRD> (yes)
[22:15] <+Grikk> [oh,i forgot about that. whats it a bonus to,again?]
[22:15] <+Darenel> (do i need to roll another Perception to try to attack with the sling?)
[22:15] <+Darenel> (+1 to hit and DMG)
[22:16] <@GWRD> (You think she's still in the same spot as last time)
[22:16] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 save for Valio
[22:16] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(5)+3]: 8 save for Valio
[22:16] <+Darenel> 1d20+4 (bonus included)
[22:16] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(4)+4]: 8 (bonus included)
[22:16] <+Darenel> (so i miss)
[22:16] <@GWRD> A rock hits the side of the wall.
[22:17] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir - Valio holding)
[22:17] <@Ptolamir> (still can’t see a thing?)
[22:17] <@GWRD> (Correct)
[22:18] <+Darenel> (roll perc like the rest of us then shoot in the dark)
[22:18] <+Grikk> [am i the only one with darkvision?]
[22:18] <@GWRD> (Seems that way)
[22:18] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+2 Percept
[22:18] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(8)+2]: 10 Percept
[22:18] <+Grikk> [silly non-orcs]
[22:18] <@GWRD> You “think” she's straight ahead of you.
[22:18] * @Ptolamir lays down a jet of fire along the wall.
[22:19] <@GWRD> 1d3 to determine how “straight” Ptolamir's aim is
[22:19] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d3(3)]: 3 to determine how “straight” Ptolamir's aim is
[22:19] <+Grikk> [how much do i die? xD]
[22:20] <+Darenel> (well at least if you catch fire we might be able to see her too)
[22:20] <@Ptolamir> (no chance I hit you, Grikk, since you’re in front of me with my back agaist the wall I’m throwing fire along)
[22:20] <Katilyn> (lol)
[22:20] <+Darenel> (does the fire jet illuminate the situation at all?)
[22:21] <@GWRD> You feel the warmth of the fire flow outward, but don't seem to hit anything or illuminate the situation at all.
[22:21] <+Darenel> (My momma always told me to roll a dwarf…)
[22:21] <@GWRD> (I'll take that back, it illuminates briefly the area between Ptol and the wall NW of him, but only he can see that.)
[22:22] <@GWRD> She points her finger at Grikk and mutters some profane prayer.
[22:22] <+Darenel> (so the question is : Is Ptolamir mage sublcass “ Human Torch”)
[22:22] <@GWRD> (DC 14 Fear save Grikk)
[22:23] <+Grikk> [thats will? also have a bonus on fear saves]
[22:23] <@GWRD> (Yes that's will)
[22:23] <+Grikk> 1d20+1 scary
[22:23] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(6)+1]: 7 scary
[22:23] <+Grikk> [im scared]
[22:25] <@GWRD> 1d4 rounds of fleeing
[22:25] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(1)]: 1 rounds of fleeing
[22:25] <@GWRD> (Theon, Kat, Grikk, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[22:26] <+Grikk> [i flee for one round]
[22:26] <@Ptolamir> “Will one of you muscles go grab that thing?!?”
[22:26] <@GWRD> Several of you hear wimpering, as it sounds like Grikk runs past, though in Kat's case, it sounds like somebody jumping over her.
[22:26] <@Theon_Tokko> (Round 3 of Para… )
[22:26] <+Grikk> [i flee alot,lol]
[22:26] <@GWRD> (Your para finished last round)
[22:27] <+Darenel> (Grikk booked it like he saw an alehouse on the other side)
[22:27] <@GWRD> (Theon, Kat, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[22:28] * Katilyn reflexively ducks as she hear what sounds like someone flying over her head. She would stand back up and try once more to hit 'mother' with a cross bow bolt.
[22:28] <Katilyn> 1d20+6
[22:28] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(16)+6]: 22
[22:28] * @Theon_Tokko moves to the northwest slowly (no more than a square or two and stops and listens for any movement, if he hears anything he attacks in that direction, else, hold.)
[22:28] <@GWRD> (Roll Percentage 1d100)
[22:28] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d100
[22:28] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d100(51)]: 51
[22:28] <@Theon_Tokko> (Perception?)
[22:29] <@GWRD> (That was for Kat, not you. You get perception)
[22:29] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[22:29] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(19)+7]: 26
[22:29] <Katilyn> 1d100
[22:29] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d100(3)]: 3
[22:29] <@Theon_Tokko> (nananananananineteen! lol)
[22:29] <@GWRD> (You think you hear her moving to your side)
[22:29] <@GWRD> (HIT, roll damage Kat)
[22:29] <Katilyn> 1d4
[22:29] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d4(4)]: 4
[22:29] <@Theon_Tokko> (attack modifier?)
[22:30] <+Darenel> (BAM right in the kisser)
[22:30] <Katilyn> (that's without valio's mods)
[22:30] <@GWRD> Theon, you definitely hear her, as you hear the twang of a crossbow go off, then the bolt hitting flesh.
[22:30] <@GWRD> (I added in the damage bonus)
[22:30] <Katilyn> (thanks)
[22:31] <@GWRD> (Just roll Theon, you have a 50% miss chance if you hit)
[22:31] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[22:31] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(9)+7]: 16
[22:31] <@GWRD> (Missed AC 17)
[22:31] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Ptolamir)
[22:31] * +Darenel tries to focus again and confirm where she is before using his sling again
[22:32] <+Darenel> 1d20+9 perception
[22:32] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(19)+9]: 28 perception
[22:32] <+Darenel> 1d20+4
[22:32] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(19)+4]: 23
[22:32] * Theon_Tokko sets mode: +v Katilyn
[22:33] <@GWRD> (Roll %)
[22:33] <+Darenel> 1d100
[22:33] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d100(20)]: 20
[22:33] * @Ptolamir grabs Kat’s hand… “Take whomever’s hand is beside you, and let’s go find this fiend.”
[22:33] <@GWRD> (hit)
[22:33] <+Darenel> 1d4+1
[22:33] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d4(4)+1]: 5
[22:33] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir)
[22:34] <+Darenel> (that was the V bonus included)
[22:34] * @Ptolamir grabs Kat’s hand… “Take whomever’s hand is beside you, and let’s go find this fiend.”
[22:34] * @Ptolamir begins walking alongside the wall with Kat in tow.
[22:34] <+Darenel> (we can move if he pulls us?)
[22:34] <@GWRD> (Sure)
[22:35] <+Darenel> (then i grab Kat and go for a nice walk too)
[22:35] <@GWRD> 2d6 damage (DC14 will for 1/2)
[22:35] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 2d6(8)]: 8 damage (DC14 will for 1/2)
[22:35] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 for Valio
[22:35] <+TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(13)+3]: 16 for Valio
[22:35] <@Ptolamir> (If I need to hold my init until they can move)
[22:35] <+Darenel> 1d20+8 willpower
[22:35] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(20)+8]: 28 willpower (Sweet!)
[22:35] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+4 Will vs DC14
[22:35] <+TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(5)+4]: 9 Will vs DC14 Fail
[22:36] * @Ptolamir lets go of Kats hand.
[22:36] <+Grikk> [me too?]
[22:36] <@GWRD> More waves of dark energy wash over all of you.
[22:36] * Retrieving #grovewood modes… [22:36] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1 will
[22:36] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(19)+1]: 20 will
[22:37] <+Katilyn> (do i need to roll something?)
[22:37] <@GWRD> Kat, you hear Ptolamir fall to the ground beside you after that last wave of energy.
[22:37] <@GWRD> (Will save, DC 14)
[22:37] <+Katilyn> 1d20+1
[22:37] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(7)+1]: 8
[22:37] <+Darenel> (i hear it too)
[22:37] <@GWRD> (8 damage)
[22:37] <+Darenel> (i hear it too?)
[22:38] <@Theon_Tokko> (assuming no damage for me since I passed?)
[22:38] <@GWRD> (1/2 if you pass)
[22:38] <+Katilyn> (do i go tumbling down as well or am i just taking damage?)
[22:38] <@GWRD> (yes you hear him drop too Darenel)
[22:38] <+Darenel> (passing is half dmg, so it is 10 dmg if you made all the for checks)
[22:40] <@GWRD> (Damage only Kat, unless you go under 0 hps)
[22:40] <@Theon_Tokko> (looks like I failed to roll a will save for the first one, shall I roll now or take the full 4 damage for my ignorance?)
[22:41] <@GWRD> (you can roll)
[22:41] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1
[22:41] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(15)+1]: 16
[22:41] <@Theon_Tokko> (was para at the time so wasn't really paying attention lol)
[22:41] <@GWRD> (Theon, Kat, Grikk, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[22:41] <+Katilyn> (i have a quickish question)
[22:41] <@GWRD> (Go for it)
[22:42] <@Theon_Tokko> (can I do a perception to determine which way to move and attack?)
[22:42] <+Katilyn> (when the first round of energy went through, i passed so was i supposed to take damage?)
[22:42] <@GWRD> (yes, DC 15)
[22:42] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[22:42] <+TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(2)+7]: 9
[22:42] <@GWRD> (Yes, 1/2 damage)
[22:42] <+Katilyn> (how much is that 4 or 5?)
[22:42] <+Grikk> [4]
[22:42] <@GWRD> (4)
[22:42] <+Katilyn> (thank you!)
[22:43] <@Ptolamir> (I missed a damage. I saw 9, 4 and 8. I saved the middle one. which did I miss?)
[22:43] <@GWRD> Theon you advance to where you think she is, and swing at the air.
[22:43] <+Katilyn> (i thought there was only the two waves of energy.)
[22:43] <@GWRD> (3 waves, which Ptol just noted)
[22:43] <+Katilyn> (crap, i missed that one.)
[22:43] <@GWRD> (Kat, Grikk, Darenel, Ptolamir)
[22:44] <@GWRD> (Just roll saves on whatever you missed)
[22:44] <@GWRD> (Or scroll up on the logs to check)
[22:44] * +Grikk attempts to go back to the mother
[22:44] <+Grikk> [climb check?]
[22:44] <@GWRD> (yes)
[22:44] <+Grikk> 1d20-1 climb
[22:44] <+TolBot> [Grikk's 1d20(13)-1]: 12 climb
[22:44] <+Katilyn> 1d20+1 save check
[22:44] <+TolBot> [Katilyn's 1d20(7)+1]: 8 save check
[22:45] <+Katilyn> (fudge buckets)
[22:45] <+Darenel> (so i can do only 1 std action per round right?)
[22:45] * +Katilyn will attempt to find and help Ptolamir up.
[22:47] <@GWRD> (You can do full round actions, but if you move more than 1/2 move you risk falling)
[22:47] <@GWRD> Katilyn, you find Ptolamir, but he is limp in your hands.
[22:47] <@Ptolamir> (sorry. common problem for elves my age)
[22:48] * +Darenel tries to locate fallen Ptolamir and case Cure Light Wounds on him
[22:48] <+Katilyn> (kat has a healing skill but donno what it means)
[22:48] <@GWRD> You fumble around and find Ptolamir by Kat's side in the dark.
[22:49] <+Darenel> (you can stabilize or if you have healing kits you can use them … i think)
[22:49] <@GWRD> (Heal skill: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/heal )
[22:49] <+Darenel> 1d8+3
[22:49] <+TolBot> [Darenel's 1d8(4)+3]: 7
[22:49] <@GWRD> (Kat, Ptolamir)
[22:49] <+Darenel> (7 HP to Ptolamir)
[22:50] <@Ptolamir> (I was at -1, so does that put me at 1 or 6HPs)
[22:50] <@GWRD> (6)
[22:50] <+Darenel> (you might be prone or something)
[22:50] <@GWRD> (Yeah prone, but at 6hps)
[22:50] <@GWRD> (Any more actions from Kat?)
[22:51] * +Katilyn will hold as her mun is still trying to figure out how much hp she has left.
[22:51] <+Darenel> (shoot the witch into the eye.. or a nostril whichever is more convenient)
[22:52] <@GWRD> As the battle rages on, time will tell if our band of castaways shall survive their encounter with Mother Thrunefang… [22:52] <@GWRD> Next week.

1)
nom nom nom
campaigns/sfss/session_41_-_11-30-2014_-_dancing_with_mother_in_the_ebb_of_darkness.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/05 02:39 by ryubasteon