Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:sfss:session_40_-_11-23-2014_-_the_captains_curse

[20:19] <@GWRD> Our story resumes on the 31st day since the Jenivere crashed upon the shores of The Smuggler's Shiv, a very unpleasant island full of horrible creatures and people.
[20:19] <Timandra_Eskander> (and PK)
[20:20] <@GWRD> With the recent overthrowing of the cannibal camp, which also was home to a lighthouse, the survivors on the island thought they were safe, until they investigated a hole under the lighthouse.
[20:20] <Grikk> [oh crud,we get that psychopath]
[20:21] <Timandra_Eskander> (like there's a difference?)
[20:21] <@GWRD> Janken and Orzady, decided to go in first and were met by horrible creatures that tore their flesh from their bodies, and devoured them while they struggled to escape.
[20:22] <@GWRD> The next day, the others, with some survivors of a recent crash, went to search for the two scouts, only to find their killers and their remains, along with a note.
[20:22] <@GWRD> (NOTE: http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/60045/kovack_confession.jpg )
[20:22] <@GWRD> That suggested that the other missing passenger of the shipwreck had taken control of the captain body and mind, and left him here to die.
[20:23] <@GWRD> As our journey continues, our group must decide whether to continue on in the underground passageways and caverns or withdraw to the surface.
[20:23] <@GWRD> Game Start
[20:24] * PK (Overlord@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
[20:24] <PK> (It shall be my pleasure to kill each and every one of you tonight.)
[20:24] * Valio gathers whatever he can of their belongings. “We may need these items to survive.” [20:24] <Grikk> [you shall rue the day you were ever programmed,bot]
[20:25] <@Theon_Tokko> (It was nice knowing you Grikk, better go roll up a new character…)
[20:25] <Grikk> [lol]
[20:26] * Timandra_Eskander nods. What else remains can be left… [20:26] <Darenel> (uh oh we is in real trouble)
[20:26] * Timandra_Eskander kneels down and whispers a quick prayer for the souls of the victims.
[20:26] <Grikk> “Well,there's more to this place. Do we check it out,or go back?” [20:27] * Katilyn had been reading the note that everyone else had. “shouldn't we do what the note says?” [20:27] <Darenel> “We should make sure there are no more of those monsters lurking down here.” [20:27] <Timandra_Eskander> “Good idea.” [20:27] <@Theon_Tokko> “Indeed, who knows whatelse could crawl up from down here and bite us in the behind.” [20:28] * Timandra_Eskander stands up and re-afixes her shield
[20:28] <Timandra_Eskander> “Can anyone here read trails?” [20:29] * Valio shakes his head and makes sure the lights stay on.
[20:29] <Grikk> “I know a guy that can read entrails,does that help?” [20:30] * Katilyn feels very much the idiot as she stands there holding her ever burning torch up, trying to keep near the middle of the group for best lighting.
[20:30] <@GWRD> (Area Map: https://realtimeboard.com/app/66287944/Caves-of-the-Mother/ )
[20:30] <@Theon_Tokko> (Whats tracking fall under anyways?)
[20:30] <Grikk> [survival,probably]
[20:30] * Darenel carefully explores the alcoves making sure he is not too far from the others
[20:31] <@GWRD> (Grikk is correct)
[20:31] * @Theon_Tokko kneels down and starts to inspect the tracks
[20:31] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+6
[20:31] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 14.
[20:31] <@Theon_Tokko> (tracking)
[20:32] <Valio> (I'm tired of this… Gimme 10, gotta do stuff for the family. They must time this intentionally)
[20:32] <@Theon_Tokko> (haha, they probably do)
[20:33] * Timandra_Eskander looks around, keeping Kat in the corner of her eye.
[20:33] <@GWRD> There are tracks everywhere and it's not clear if anything is recent or not
[20:33] <Grikk> [“my dnd senses are tingling,i should have Valio do something…”]
[20:34] * Katilyn was for the moment making sure Theon had plenty of light, though she kept her torch high enough that others had enough light as well.
[20:34] <@GWRD> Ptolamir volunteers to watch the rear in case one of those creatures should get past the group, or a cannibal woman should slip down here while you are all exploring.
[20:34] * @Theon_Tokko sighs and goes about looking around.
[20:35] * Grikk volunteers to take the lead
[20:35] * Timandra_Eskander hangs back.
[20:37] * @Theon_Tokko waits
[20:40] * Katilyn glanced between Grikk and Ptolamir “so are you going to head deeper in or what?” [20:40] <@GWRD> The smell of fresh blood, decay, and day old blood linger in the air in a disgusting combination of smells, as you decide how to advance.
[20:40] <Timandra_Eskander> “Anyone have chalk to mark our way back?” [20:41] <Grikk> “Nope. It will be fine.” [20:41] * Grikk heads deeper into the tunnels
[20:41] * @Theon_Tokko follows after Grikk
[20:42] * Timandra_Eskander looks at Grikk as he walks. She shakes her head and make a trail mark with some hay, rocks and…is that a bone?
[20:42] * Darenel follows the group
[20:42] * Timandra_Eskander follows along after making the mark.
[20:42] * Katilyn follows just behind Timandra
[20:44] * Valio looks at the other side of the cave.
[20:44] <Valio> (down/left)
[20:47] <@GWRD> You descend down a narrow passage into a new cavern. A dark pool of water lies in the center of this silo-shaped cavern. A five-foot-wide ledge of stone winds down to the pool below, passing several cave entrances along the way.
[20:48] <Darenel> (allways keep the wall on our left)
[20:48] <@GWRD> (Each ledge marked with a red line on the left side is 10' up off the path to the bottom.
[20:48] <@GWRD> (Grikk, Perception check)
[20:49] <Grikk> 1d20
[20:49] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20) and gets 18.
[20:49] <Timandra_Eskander> (can we have the map link, please?)
[20:50] <Darenel> (Area Map: https://realtimeboard.com/app/66287944/Caves-of-the-Mother/ )
[20:51] <@GWRD> Grikk, you spot a creature on the western most ledge, watching over the cavern. When it sees you, it lets out a shreak, and flees to the west.
[20:52] <Grikk> “That way!” [20:52] * Grikk chases after it
[20:52] <Timandra_Eskander> “Wait…dammit!” [20:52] <Darenel> “Watch out for ambushes from the side tunnels!” [20:52] * Timandra_Eskander chases after Grikk
[20:53] <@GWRD> Grikk races into the cavern as the creature withdraws. (Do you have knowledge religion Grikk?)
[20:53] <Grikk> [nope]
[20:54] <Grikk> [i should check what knowledge skills i do have,if any]
[20:55] * Darenel follows the two carefully watching for more cratures
[20:55] <Timandra_Eskander> (If I live, I should pick up religion)
[20:55] <@GWRD> The two of the race deeper into the cavern, where only the glow of their light marks where they are at this point for the rest of you.
[20:55] <Timandra_Eskander> (The knowledge, of course)
[20:55] * Valio follows as he is able, but stops near the water.
[20:55] <@GWRD> Grikk, a 10' tall ledge looms above you where the creature was moments ago.
[20:55] * Timandra_Eskander looks to the water
[20:56] * Grikk starts climbing
[20:56] <@GWRD> (Climb check, DC 15)
[20:56] * Timandra_Eskander whispers
[20:56] <Grikk> 1d20-1
[20:56] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20-1) and gets 7.
[20:56] <Timandra_Eskander> “Wait! Heart and home – are you that anxious to die?” [20:56] <Valio> (flickering power…)
[20:57] <@GWRD> The water is still and looks calm and cools the room. There is a slight salt tang in the air however, suggesting it's fed by the sea.
[20:57] <Grikk> [can you die on a ten foot ledge with a climb check of 7?]
[20:57] <@GWRD> Grikk has trouble finding handholds he can work with on the ledge.
[20:57] <@GWRD> (No)
[20:57] <Timandra_Eskander> (Normally, I'd say no – but we're here, so…)
[20:57] <Grikk> [lol]
[20:57] * Katilyn will move slower and shine her torch in the side rooms she passes, a dagger in her free hand.
[20:58] <Darenel> (guys stop rushing stuff, slow and steady wins the race)
[20:58] <PK> (No need to meta-game, let them die.)
[20:58] <Grikk> [im not racing,i want to kill the thing]
[20:58] * Darenel walks carefully to the first tunnel leading away from the main chamber
[20:59] <@GWRD> (Kat, stopping long enough to get a good look, or just a brief look?)
[20:59] <Katilyn> (long enough to get a good look)
[20:59] * Darenel peers over her shoulder
[20:59] <Timandra_Eskander> “Look – let's wait for the others to get here. I'm sure one of them is a good climber.” [20:59] * Grikk sighs
[20:59] <Grikk> “Fine.” [21:00] <@GWRD> The first side passage looks like it opens into some sort of worked stone room, though you would have to go down the passage to get a better look.
[21:00] * Grikk waits impatiently,dancing from one foot to the other
[21:00] <Darenel> “we should clear room by room, we dont want creature coming up from behind us while we fight
[21:00] <Darenel> ” [21:00] * Timandra_Eskander takes a seat.
[21:01] * Katilyn nods “i don't see a creature but it does look like there is some kind of hewn room down there.” [21:01] <Timandra_Eskander> “All in all – this is not a bad vacation. Neds more ale and less threat of starvation.” [21:02] <Grikk> “Vacation? Are you mad?” [21:02] <Timandra_Eskander> “Why does everyone seem to say that?” [21:02] * Darenel touches tip of his staff again and renews the light radiating from it
[21:02] * Timandra_Eskander scratches her head as if completely puzzled
[21:02] <Timandra_Eskander> “Do I look mad?” [21:02] <Katilyn> (hey when it comes time to roll skills, do i use the skill mod or the ability mod?)
[21:03] <Timandra_Eskander> (skill mod)
[21:03] <Timandra_Eskander> (1d20+/- skill mod)
[21:03] <Katilyn> (thanks :D )
[21:03] <Darenel> “Shall we take a better look in this stone room?” [21:03] <Grikk> “You look something,that's for sure.” [21:04] * Timandra_Eskander looks over and sees the others. She stands up and brushes off the seat of her leggings.
[21:04] <Katilyn> (are we close enough to hear timandra and grikk? )
[21:04] <Timandra_Eskander> “You're just jealous I look better in a dress.” [21:04] * Timandra_Eskander grins.
[21:04] <Grikk> [what race are you again?]
[21:05] <Timandra_Eskander> (elvish – so I look totally better in a dress)
[21:05] <Katilyn> (lol)
[21:05] * Valio looks down the passage towards the hewn room and sends his lights down to see better.
[21:05] <Grikk> [orc] “Damned elves.” [21:05] * Grikk shakes his head
[21:06] * Katilyn looks around for Timandra and calls out to her “hey get your elf butt over here! I wanna take a look at this room we found!” [21:07] <@Theon_Tokko> (sorry, trying to find the charger for my tablet, it seems to have ran away from my bag)
[21:07] <@GWRD> (Unacceptable!)
[21:07] <Grikk> “The creature is getting away!” [21:08] * Timandra_Eskander walks towards the sound of Kat's voice.
[21:08] <Timandra_Eskander> “We're on an island – unless it's a strong swimmer, it;s not going ot get far.” [21:08] * Grikk sighs and follows,not wanting to be alone in a dark cave
[21:08] <@Theon_Tokko> (might have helped if I checked… ALL the pouches on my bag.. I always forget about that one…)
[21:09] <Katilyn> (it's always 'that one…' :P )
[21:09] <Timandra_Eskander> (Thought I lost my idea book once, had a mild panic attack over it – found it in my computer bag.)
[21:10] <Timandra_Eskander> “What do we have, Kat?” [21:10] <Timandra_Eskander> “And it's elvish butt, not elf butt. Really? Is that what passes for common nowadays?” [21:11] <PK> (Groan)
[21:11] * Katilyn points down the tunnel “looks like some kind of hewn room, worked stone i think. But I have to go into the tunnel to tell more. “Elf, elvish, whatever, and probably?” [21:11] <@Theon_Tokko> “Leave it, lets check out this room,” he motions towards V22.
[21:11] <Katilyn> (that's the one we are looking at)
[21:11] <Timandra_Eskander> “All right, I'm game. Want me to go in first?” [21:12] * Timandra_Eskander looks at the mouth of the tunnel.
[21:12] <Grikk> “I'll go.” [21:12] <Grikk> “Wouldn't want to ruin that dress you spoke of.” [21:12] * Grikk winks
[21:13] <Timandra_Eskander> “That dress has seen the floor more times than the bottoms of my shoes.” [21:13] * Katilyn points to Theon “why not send the guy that can throw a punch in first?” [21:14] <Timandra_Eskander> “But it is gentleman;y of you to take point. If anyone asks, I'll tell them you head butted me in submission so you can keep your reputation.” [21:14] <Katilyn> (i meant take a punch)
[21:14] <Grikk> “Ah,so you're that type.” [21:14] <Grikk> “I have a shield, I see none on him. I will go.” [21:14] <Timandra_Eskander> “Wow – you sounded like my last suitor when you said that.” [21:14] * Grikk enters into the room
[21:14] * Timandra_Eskander looks to Kat.
[21:14] <@GWRD> This long chamber evokes the feel of an ancient, hideous cathedral. The walls are carved with images of serpents walking upright like humans, snakes coiling around and eating hapless women and children, and stranger scenes. Four stone pillars carved like coiling snakes support the vaulted ceiling 30' above.
[21:14] * Valio listens to the others, fiddling with a sling stone while he waits.
[21:14] <Timandra_Eskander> “That was eerie.” [21:14] <@GWRD> Four small cells blocked by rusted bars sit in the walls to the east and west. To the north, an immense carving of a snake's head looms, an ash-caked door clenched in its jaws, while to the south rises an horrific mound of bones and partially decayed bodies in an eight-foot-tall heap arranged almost as if to evoke the imagery of a coiled snake made of corpses.
[21:15] <Timandra_Eskander> (Awww… *bleep* no)
[21:15] <Grikk> [this can only end badly]
[21:15] <@GWRD> (It's then that you see: http://glimmthegnome.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/ghoul.jpg?w=588 )
[21:15] <@GWRD> ~init
[21:16] <Grikk> 1d20+2
[21:16] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+2) and gets 11.
[21:16] <Darenel> 1d20+1
[21:16] <PK> Darenel throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+1) and gets 5.
[21:16] <Valio> 1d20+4
[21:16] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+4) and gets 22.
[21:16] <@GWRD> 1d20+2
[21:16] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+2) and gets 4.
[21:16] <Katilyn> 1d20=8
[21:16] <Katilyn> 1d20+8
[21:16] <PK> Katilyn throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+8) and gets 18.
[21:16] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3
[21:16] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+3) and gets 5.
[21:16] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+6
[21:16] <PK> Timandra_Eskander throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 20.
[21:17] <@GWRD> ~initload Valio: 22, Timandra: 20, Katilyn: 18, Grikk 11, Theon & Darenel 5, Lacedons 4
[21:17] <PK> To see current initative /msg me the text ~init or ~initative
[21:17] * Valio starts an inspiring song and makes sure his light globes are oriented for best use and waits to move into the area.
[21:17] <@GWRD> (Valio, Timandra, Katilyn)
[21:18] <@GWRD> You hear some unpleasantries come from Grikk just after he enters the room.
[21:18] * Grikk forms unpleasantries
[21:19] <@GWRD> (I need elves and people with Knowledge: Religion to identify themselves)
[21:19] <Grikk> [not i]
[21:19] <Katilyn> (nor i)
[21:19] <Timandra_Eskander> (Not me as far as religion, but I ma n elf)
[21:19] <Grikk> [dungeoneering and engineering,oddly]
[21:19] <Darenel> (nature)
[21:20] <Valio> (I have a base knowledge of religion)
[21:20] <@GWRD> (If you have a rank in religion, then roll a religion check)
[21:20] <Valio> 1d20+2
[21:20] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+2) and gets 7.
[21:21] <@GWRD> (Sadly you find out the hard way)
[21:21] <@GWRD> (Valio, Timandra, Katilyn)
[21:21] * Valio starts an inspiring song and makes sure his light globes are oriented for best use and waits to move into the area.
[21:21] <Grikk> [hard way,or fun way?]
[21:21] <@GWRD> (Timandra, Katilyn, Grikk)
[21:21] <Darenel> (and the one guy with fire spells is playing futsy with the escaped cannibal women)
[21:21] <Timandra_Eskander> “Get back!” [21:21] <PK> (Fun >:)
[21:21] <Timandra_Eskander> (I miss turning)
[21:22] * Timandra_Eskander swings at one with her sword
[21:22] <@GWRD> (Timandra doesn't see any foes, please make sure you are looking at the map)
[21:22] <@GWRD> (You sent the one with the shield in first)
[21:23] <Timandra_Eskander> (Ahh – saw shield and I have one)
[21:23] <@GWRD> Timandra hesitates… [21:23] <@GWRD> (Katilyn, Grikk, Theon, Darenel… Timandra - holding)
[21:24] * Grikk goes up to the closest enemy and slashes [power attack,cleave]
[21:24] <Grikk> 1d20+6
[21:24] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 18.
[21:24] <@GWRD> (Hit, AC 14)
[21:25] <Grikk> [cleave attack to adjacent enemy]
[21:25] <Grikk> 1d20+7
[21:25] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 12.
[21:25] <@GWRD> Grikk rushes deeper into the room and you lose sight of him, though you hear the wail of some horrific creature.
[21:25] <@GWRD> (Miss)
[21:25] <Grikk> [damage for power attack]
[21:26] <Grikk> 1d6+6
[21:26] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6+6) and gets 12.
[21:26] <@GWRD> You nearly split its body in half, but it still is moving. The blow would have killed a normal man easily.
[21:26] <@GWRD> (Katilyn, Theon, Darenel… Timandra - holding)
[21:26] <Timandra_Eskander> “Move! Move!” [21:27] * @Theon_Tokko heads in, weapon drawn (don't think I can move in far enough to attack)
[21:27] <@GWRD> (Current spot is 30' of movement)
[21:27] <Timandra_Eskander> (brb)
[21:28] <Darenel> (can i run in and fire off a spell?)
[21:28] <@GWRD> (Yes)
[21:28] * Darenel runs in after the others until he sees enemies and then summons a Dire badger at the closest enemy
[21:30] <Darenel> (let me know when i can roll badger attack)
[21:30] <@GWRD> (Now)
[21:30] <@GWRD> (Your badger attacks on the turn you cast it)
[21:30] <Darenel> 3#1d20+4
[21:30] <PK> 3#1 is not a valid number Darenel..
[21:30] <@GWRD> (No # with PK, use a space)
[21:30] <Darenel> 3 1d20+4
[21:30] <PK> Darenel throws the numbered heads of dead players (3 1d20+4) and gets 24 21 22.
[21:30] <@GWRD> (1 crit, 2 hits)
[21:31] <Darenel> (crit?)
[21:31] <Valio> (dude, the badger fights better than I do…)
[21:31] <Darenel> (oh i need to roll confirmation?)
[21:32] <@GWRD> The badger leaps into the air and starts ripping apart the remains of the creature, as they move to attack.
[21:32] <@GWRD> 3 1d20+3
[21:32] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (3 1d20+3) and gets 12 15 9.
[21:33] <@GWRD> One claws and bites at Grikk, getting caught up on his shield, as the second one, dressed like a ship's captain goes after the badger.
[21:33] <@GWRD> 3 1d20+3
[21:33] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (3 1d20+3) and gets 20 15 11.
[21:33] <@GWRD> 1d6+1
[21:33] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6+1) and gets 7.
[21:33] <@GWRD> (AC on badger?)
[21:33] <Darenel> (14 ac 22HP)
[21:33] <@GWRD> 1d6+1
[21:33] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6+1) and gets 7.
[21:34] <@GWRD> (2 DC 13 fort saves for it)
[21:34] <Darenel> 2 1d20+6
[21:34] <PK> Darenel throws the numbered heads of dead players (2 1d20+6) and gets 10 14.
[21:34] <@GWRD> The badger gets bitten and clawed up pretty badly, and then stops moving as it's muscles get all rigid.
[21:35] <@GWRD> 1d4+1
[21:35] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d4+1) and gets 4.
[21:35] <Darenel> (you brokded my badger)
[21:35] <@GWRD> (Valio… Katilyn & Timandra - holding)
[21:36] <@GWRD> (Valio, Timandra, Katilyn, Grikk, Theon)
[21:36] * Valio moves through the opening while keeping his performance up.
[21:36] * Timandra_Eskander nudges Kat to the side and makes her way into the tunnel
[21:37] <Grikk> [whats the orange one next to me?]
[21:37] <@GWRD> (Badger)
[21:37] <Grikk> [power attack,cleave]
[21:37] <Timandra_Eskander> (Stiffening Badger – I think I'll use that as a shaman name for the next Shadowrun game I'm in)
[21:37] <Grikk> 1d20+6
[21:37] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 24.
[21:38] <Grikk> [cleave attack]
[21:38] <Grikk> 1d20+7
[21:38] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 25.
[21:38] <@GWRD> (2 hits)
[21:38] <Grikk> 1d6+6
[21:38] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6+6) and gets 11.
[21:38] <Grikk> 1d6+4
[21:38] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6+4) and gets 6.
[21:38] <@GWRD> (Valio, Timandra, Katilyn, Theon)
[21:39] <@GWRD> (Timandra, Katilyn, Theon, Darenel)
[21:39] * Timandra_Eskander brushes past Kat to get into teh tunnel
[21:39] <Timandra_Eskander> “Pardon me, dearie – don't want to miss the bloodshed.” [21:39] * Katilyn mutters something under her breath as everyone in the party pushed her out of the way in their hurry and decides to just stay where she is and keep watch.
[21:40] <@GWRD> 1d20+7
[21:40] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 17.
[21:40] <@GWRD> (Perception Katilyn)
[21:40] <@GWRD> (Katilyn, Theon, Darenel)
[21:40] <Katilyn> (am i looking for traps? or just a general perception?)
[21:41] * @Theon_Tokko rushes in swinging.
[21:41] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[21:41] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 11.
[21:41] <@GWRD> (General Perception)
[21:41] <@Theon_Tokko> (going after the one thats marked 11, but guessing thats a miss)
[21:41] <@GWRD> (Correct)
[21:42] <@GWRD> (Katilyn, Darenel)
[21:42] <Katilyn> 1d20+6
[21:42] <PK> Katilyn throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 19.
[21:43] <@GWRD> Katilyn, you spot just at the edge of the torch light, a disgusting creature with dripping wet flesh watching you from a ledge.
[21:43] <Timandra_Eskander> (tell him to wait his turn – we'll kill him when we get to him)
[21:43] * Darenel uses his sling to attack one of the creatures
[21:44] <Darenel> 1d20+3
[21:44] <PK> Darenel throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+3) and gets 10.
[21:44] <@GWRD> (Miss)
[21:44] <@GWRD> (Doing anything for your turn Kat?)
[21:45] <@GWRD> 3 1d20+3
[21:45] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (3 1d20+3) and gets 15 17 20.
[21:45] <@GWRD> (Vs Theon)
[21:45] <@GWRD> 3 1d20+3
[21:45] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (3 1d20+3) and gets 4 15 4.
[21:45] <@GWRD> (Vs Grikk)
[21:45] * Katilyn will ready her cross bow but otherwise keep an eye on the creature without doing shit.
[21:46] <@Theon_Tokko> (AC 15)
[21:46] <Grikk> [ac 19]
[21:46] <@GWRD> 3d6+3
[21:46] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (3d6+3) and gets 10.
[21:46] <@GWRD> (10 damage and 4 DC13 Fort saves)
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4
[21:47] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+4) and gets 9.
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4
[21:47] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+4) and gets 18.
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4
[21:47] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+4) and gets 16.
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1 fail, 2 pass
[21:47] <@GWRD> (1 more)
[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4
[21:47] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+4) and gets 23.
[21:48] <@GWRD> The creature you attacked leaps at you with ferocity unseen before and claws your chest and bites your neck. Where the blows hit, you feel the muscles tense slightly.
[21:48] <@GWRD> (Valio, Timandra, Katilyn, Grikk)
[21:50] * Valio maneuvers into a line with the rear creatures and sings a note that sprays them with razor sharp, crystalline shards. (4 to the right, 2 down? 15ft cone-shaped burst)
[21:50] * Timandra_Eskander rushes to number 14, thrusting with her sword.
[21:51] <Valio> 2d6
[21:51] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (2d6) and gets 6.
[21:51] <@GWRD> (Going to kill the badger?)
[21:51] <Grikk> [14 is the badger :p]
[21:51] <Valio> (6pts each, piercing, ref negates)
[21:51] <@GWRD> 2 1d20+2
[21:51] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (2 1d20+2) and gets 4 20.
[21:52] <Timandra_Eskander> (I thought that was one of the things. Fine, I'll attack 6)
[21:52] <@GWRD> (roll)
[21:52] <Timandra_Eskander> (12)
[21:52] <@GWRD> (It was 6)
[21:52] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+5
[21:52] <PK> Timandra_Eskander throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+5) and gets 9.
[21:53] <Timandra_Eskander> (Sigh)
[21:53] <@GWRD> Swoooooooosh
[21:53] <@GWRD> (Katilyn, Grikk, Theon, Darenel)
[21:53] * Katilyn keeps her eyes on the creature, staying still for now.
[21:53] * @Theon_Tokko attacks once again (11)
[21:53] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[21:53] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 10.
[21:53] <@GWRD> Swoooooooosh
[21:53] <@Theon_Tokko> (F you PK.. F you…)
[21:53] <@GWRD> (Katilyn, Grikk, Darenel)
[21:54] <PK> (Swoosh bitch)
[21:54] <Grikk> [power attack,cleave]
[21:54] <Grikk> 1d20+6
[21:54] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 18.
[21:54] <Grikk> [cleave attack]
[21:54] <Grikk> 1d20+7
[21:54] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 24.
[21:54] <Grikk> 1d6+6
[21:54] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6+6) and gets 11.
[21:54] <Grikk> 1d6+4
[21:54] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6+4) and gets 10.
[21:56] <@GWRD> Grikk swings his sword wide and lops off both their heads with one swing. The creature dressed as a ship captain's tricorn hat falls to the ground at Valio's feet.
[21:56] <@GWRD> (Valio, religion check)
[21:57] <Valio> 1d20+2
[21:57] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+2) and gets 9.
[21:57] * Valio stares at it curiously.
[21:58] <@GWRD> For those of you who were members of the Jenivere shipwreck, the dead creature looks like it is dressed in Captain Kovack's clothing.
[21:58] * Darenel looks around the room once he is sure the ghouls are down
[21:58] * Timandra_Eskander looks around, sheathing her blade.
[21:58] <@Theon_Tokko> “Rest in pieces Captain… Joining your ship in all its glory.” [21:58] <Valio> “Kovacks?” [21:58] <Timandra_Eskander> “Anyone injured?” [21:59] <Grikk> “Piece of cake.” [21:59] <@Theon_Tokko> “I got a nice little bite.” [21:59] <Darenel> (my poor badger is all stuck )
[21:59] * Timandra_Eskander walks over to Theon.
[21:59] <Timandra_Eskander> “Let me see it.” [22:00] <@GWRD> The badger eventually dissipates as magically as it appeared, but doesn't move before it disappears.
[22:00] <Timandra_Eskander> (“Show the nice healer where the thing bit you.”)
[22:01] <Timandra_Eskander> (“Can I get a refund? My badger's broken.”)
[22:01] * @Theon_Tokko moves his head as well as he can to show off the bite
[22:01] * Timandra_Eskander puts her hand on the wound and whispers something.
[22:01] <Timandra_Eskander> (Lay on hands)
[22:02] <@GWRD> (Roll your 1d6)
[22:02] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d6
[22:02] <PK> Timandra_Eskander throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d6) and gets 2.
[22:02] <Timandra_Eskander> (“Walk it off.”)
[22:03] <Timandra_Eskander> (brb)
[22:03] * Valio renews his lights again.
[22:04] <@GWRD> (Room repost)
[22:04] <@GWRD> This long chamber evokes the feel of an ancient, hideous cathedral. The walls are carved with images of serpents walking upright like humans, snakes coiling around and eating hapless women and children, and stranger scenes. Four stone pillars carved like coiling snakes support the vaulted ceiling 30' above.
[22:04] <@GWRD> Four small cells blocked by rusted bars sit in the walls to the east and west. To the north, an immense carving of a snake's head looms, an ash-caked door clenched in its jaws, while to the south rises an horrific mound of bones and partially decayed bodies in an eight-foot-tall heap arranged almost as if to evoke the imagery of a coiled snake made of corpses.
[22:04] <Grikk> “That door looks ominous.” [22:04] <@Theon_Tokko> “I agree, lets check it out.” [22:05] <Grikk> [lol]
[22:05] <Darenel> (anything in the cells?)
[22:05] <Grikk> [cue TPK in 3,2,1…]
[22:05] <@GWRD> The door appears to have extensive fire damage around it, while the cells are empty.
[22:05] <Darenel> (sign over the door indicates this is ladies washroom)
[22:06] <Darenel> (fire damage? as in something was trying to get in or something was trying to get out???)
[22:07] <Grikk> [or both?]
[22:08] <Katilyn> (is the creature staring at kat going to do anything other than stare?)
[22:09] <Darenel> (well its staring and licking its chops)
[22:10] <@GWRD> The creature on the ledge just continues to watch, though occasionally a bead of drool falls from it's slightly agape mouth.
[22:10] <Darenel> (it likes you)
[22:11] <@GWRD> The fire damage appears to be surrounding an area around the door, though it is not easy to identify its source. (Spellcraft check if you have it and are looking at the door)
[22:11] <Timandra_Eskander> (With a little mint jelly on hte side)
[22:11] * Valio checks out the door.
[22:11] <Valio> 1d20+1
[22:11] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+1) and gets 9.
[22:12] <Darenel> (OI Ptolamir, come check out this door for a minute)
[22:12] <Valio> (my rolls this evening… just shy of average)
[22:12] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1
[22:12] <Grikk> [valio,you dont seem very knowledgeable about things tonight]
[22:12] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+1) and gets 13.
[22:12] * Valio tries to detect magic in the area
[22:13] <Timandra_Eskander> (I'd use detect evil…but I have a feeling I know the result)
[22:13] <Grikk> [plot twist,were all evil]
[22:14] <Darenel> (i think i have detect magic)
[22:14] <@GWRD> You don't sense the presence of magic in the area.
[22:16] <Grikk> “Well,only one thing left to do.” [22:16] * Grikk opens the door
[22:16] <@GWRD> (Boom?)
[22:16] <Grikk> [boom,headshot]
[22:16] * Darenel nods and takes a step back
[22:18] * @Theon_Tokko searches around the room to try to find anything useful
[22:18] <Darenel> (com on ARMORY)
[22:18] <Grikk> [screw armory,way off the island]
[22:19] <@Theon_Tokko> (+5 Magical Boat sealed in a bottle!)
[22:19] * Timandra_Eskander walks up to Grikk, ready to step in.
[22:19] <Darenel> (portal to Las Vegas)
[22:19] <@GWRD> A low stone altar, its sides carved like coiling snakes and its top carved to resemble a yawning viper's maw, sits in the center of this room.
[22:19] <@GWRD> The walls of the chamber are carved with images of anthropomorphic serpents using strange, pointed megaliths of stone to work great feats of magic – transforming an army of humans into zombies, calling down flaming bolts of lightning from the stars, or parting the waters of the sea to dash human ships upon the exposed rocks of the seabed below.
[22:20] <@GWRD> This final image seems to have been recently cleaned of dust, and several lines of text have been made more legible via the application of inks and perhaps blood.
[22:20] * Grikk scratches his head at all of this
[22:20] <Timandra_Eskander> (I'll take a stab – it isn't in Celestial…)
[22:21] * Valio tries to read the text
[22:21] <Timandra_Eskander> “This place is evil…down to its corrupted core. Set fire to the whole thing.” [22:21] <Valio> 1d20+6
[22:21] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 7.
[22:21] <Valio> (okay, next roll should be super-high for me?)
[22:21] * Darenel takes a look in the room after making sure there are no pits or monsters or explosions
[22:21] <Grikk> [i think you forgot how to read there]
[22:21] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1 (linguistics, trying to identify the language)
[22:21] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1
[22:21] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+1) and gets 9.
[22:22] <@GWRD> (Language: Aklo, Knowledge checks available: Geography x2, History, Nature)
[22:22] <Valio> 3 1d20+2
[22:22] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (3 1d20+2) and gets 17 13 8.
[22:22] <Darenel> (nature check)
[22:22] <Darenel> 1d20+9
[22:22] <PK> Darenel throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+9) and gets 22.
[22:23] <@GWRD> (Nature fails)
[22:23] <Valio> (I'm a bard, I get a generic knowledge skill-score…)
[22:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (Nature for me too)
[22:23] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[22:23] <PK> Theon_Tokko throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+5) and gets 8.
[22:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (Wow…)
[22:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm done rolling for the night…)
[22:23] <@GWRD> Darenel, you study the serpent people, but don't recognize who or more likely what they might be.
[22:24] <@GWRD> (What were your 3 rolls for Valio?)
[22:24] <Timandra_Eskander> “Serious – there aren't enough barrels of pitch in the world to get rid of this.” [22:24] <Valio> (geo, history, nature)
[22:24] * Timandra_Eskander looks around, waiting for the inevitable attack.
[22:25] <@GWRD> (You have 1 geo left to roll)
[22:25] <Grikk> [hes a bard,he knows everything]
[22:25] <Valio> 1d20+2
[22:25] <PK> Valio throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+2) and gets 14.
[22:25] * Timandra_Eskander walks out to the tunnel to check on Kat.
[22:25] <@GWRD> Meanwhile, the creature watching Kat has left, at least for the moment.
[22:25] <Valio> (I want to add perform (storytelling) eventually, though it has no effect in-game…)
[22:26] <Valio> (or would that be a craft skill? profession?)
[22:26] * Katilyn glances to Timandra, and gives a quick nod before turning her head back to where the creature was. “grikk missed his chance.” [22:27] <Timandra_Eskander> “That's OK – he miss the monsters in here. Come on. We might need those skilled hands of yours.” [22:27] * Valio shrugs. “I can't understand any of this. Shall we go explore the rest of the cave?” [22:27] <Timandra_Eskander> “Wait – that came out wrong.” [22:27] * Grikk shrugs as well
[22:27] <@GWRD> The whole room with its notes is a puzzlement. The pictures themselves look like some sort of means to activate a device of these serpent people.
[22:27] <Grikk> “Might as well.” [22:27] <Darenel> (if we part the see can we just walk off this island)
[22:27] * Katilyn smirked “you mean you guys aren't done in there?” [22:28] <Darenel> (sea*)
[22:28] * Valio exits the small room and studies the pillars.
[22:28] <Timandra_Eskander> “Ha – yes…well – we're all just bug dumb fighter types.” [22:28] * Timandra_Eskander smiles.
[22:29] <@GWRD> The pillars look like coiling snakes that spiral up to the ceiling and support its weight.
[22:29] * Katilyn nods “and i'm an even dumber theif. I'll stay here, devil you know and all that.” [22:29] * Darenel searches the big room for any mroe clues about the snake people or anythign other usefull
[22:30] <Katilyn> (thief even)
[22:31] <@GWRD> There doesn't appear to be anything more obvious about the room, though you do find a few empty potion bottles near the fire damaged area.
[22:31] <Darenel> (why did the map go all pink or is my monitor dying)
[22:32] <Katilyn> (it's all pink)
[22:32] <Valio> (changes to the map.)
[22:32] <Grikk> [both]
[22:32] <Valio> (click it and it should go back to normal)
[22:33] <Timandra_Eskander> (…and the caves are bleeding)
[22:33] <Grikk> [excellent,now we
[22:33] <@GWRD> (No clue why it went pink for you all)
[22:33] <Grikk> [damn fingers.]
[22:33] <Valio> “We should finish searching the caves. We still need to search for food before it grows dark.” [22:34] <Valio> (Mage, you shifted the map and such. It goes pink on all changes made since the last time we saw it.)
[22:34] <Grikk> “Agreed.” [22:34] <Timandra_Eskander> “Let's go.” [22:34] <@GWRD> (That's Valio's fault for wanting to move.)
[22:35] <Valio> (at least I know what the pink meant…)
[22:35] * Grikk nods,sets off
[22:35] * Darenel follows the others back to lake room
[22:36] * Timandra_Eskander follows along, looking back to make sure there are no stragglers.
[22:36] * @Theon_Tokko follows
[22:37] <@GWRD> You all make your way back to the pool room and regroup.
[22:38] <Timandra_Eskander> “Well – that was disturbingly invigorating. What's next?” [22:38] <@GWRD> The air is moist and clammy, with a tinge of decay and salt in the air.
[22:38] <Valio> “We keep searching. There is at least one more creature in this cave.” [22:39] * Timandra_Eskander looks at the pool.
[22:40] * Grikk does as well
[22:40] * Katilyn moves over to the section of wall that is directly below the ledge where the creature was and starts looking for hand and foot holds.
[22:40] <Timandra_Eskander> “This is salt water. I wonder is this a way in or out for the worshippers at that temple?” [22:40] <@GWRD> Your lights reflect off the still water like a dark mirror.
[22:41] <Timandra_Eskander> “We'll worry about that later, right now – let's find that straggler.” [22:41] * Timandra_Eskander looks to Kat.
[22:41] <Timandra_Eskander> “Can you climb it or do you need a boost?” [22:41] <@GWRD> (You may attempt a climb check if you want to climb it)
[22:41] * Grikk tries to climb again
[22:41] <Grikk> 1d20-1
[22:41] <PK> Grikk throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20-1) and gets 3.
[22:41] * Katilyn glances at Timandra “one way to find out.” She turns back and tries.
[22:42] <Grikk> [lol]
[22:42] <Katilyn> 1d20+7
[22:42] <PK> Katilyn throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 21.
[22:42] <Grikk> “Er, a little help,please.” [22:42] <@GWRD> Grikk continues to make a fool of himself as Katilyn climbs it with ease.
[22:42] * Katilyn looks at grikk and sighs. “anyone got a rope?” [22:43] <@Theon_Tokko> “Hey.. Timandra, your friend, is leaving you,” he points to Katilyn.
[22:43] <@GWRD> 1d100
[22:43] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d100) and gets 76.
[22:43] * Valio frowns at the other opening in the cave and decides to head that way. “Theon, what about this passage?” [22:43] * Grikk passes his rope up
[22:43] * Darenel peers into the tunnel to the south
[22:44] * Timandra_Eskander turns and watches her.
[22:44] <@GWRD> Front your vantage point, the cavern seems empty, but you would have to go in to confirm that.
[22:44] <@Theon_Tokko> “Perhaps we should follow Kat…” [22:44] <Timandra_Eskander> “Nimble little minx, ain't she?” [22:44] * Timandra_Eskander looks at the rope.
[22:44] * Katilyn grabs for the rope. “anyone else want up here?” [22:44] <Timandra_Eskander> “Me.” [22:44] * Valio goes into the passage.
[22:44] <@GWRD> 1d20+7
[22:44] <PK> GWRD throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+7) and gets 16.
[22:44] <@Theon_Tokko> “Up we get” [22:44] * @Theon_Tokko heads up as well
[22:44] <@GWRD> (Perception check Kat)
[22:45] * Timandra_Eskander climbs the rope
[22:45] <Katilyn> 1d20+8
[22:45] <PK> Katilyn throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+8) and gets 24.
[22:45] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+1
[22:45] <PK> Timandra_Eskander throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+1) and gets 4.
[22:45] <Katilyn> (wait!)
[22:45] <Katilyn> (ignore that roll)
[22:45] <Katilyn> 1d20+6
[22:45] <PK> Katilyn throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+6) and gets 24.
[22:45] * Timandra_Eskander gets two handholds of rope, then pitches to the ground.
[22:45] <Katilyn> (tha'ts the right one and lol same number)
[22:45] <@GWRD> You hear the soft steps of something sneaking its way towards you in the dark, behind you.
[22:45] <Timandra_Eskander> “No one saw that.” [22:46] <Grikk> “I did.
[22:46] * Timandra_Eskander picks herself up.
[22:46] <@GWRD> (Perception check Timandra)
[22:46] <Timandra_Eskander> “No one that's going to be believed in a tavern saw that..” [22:46] <Timandra_Eskander> 1d20+4
[22:46] <PK> Timandra_Eskander throws the numbered heads of dead players (1d20+4) and gets 17.
[22:46] <@Theon_Tokko> (need a climb roll?)
[22:46] * Katilyn will use herself as a rope anchor for anyone else that wants to climb up.
[22:47] <Timandra_Eskander> (I got a seventeen on perception)
[22:47] <@GWRD> Timandra, you hear something in the passage beyond Katilyn… [22:48] <@GWRD> Valio, you enter the cavern, it is empty except for some faint carvings just visible on the eastern wall of this cavern.
[22:48] <Timandra_Eskander> “KATILYN! MOVE!” [22:48] * Timandra_Eskander jumps up to get a better holdof the rope
[22:48] <Timandra_Eskander> (trying to climb)
[22:48] * Valio looks them over and then moves on towards the other side of the cave.
[22:48] * Darenel follows Valio
[22:48] <Katilyn> I know, I know, but if i move i have to drop the rope.
[22:48] <Timandra_Eskander> “DROP THE ROPE!” [22:49] <Timandra_Eskander> “GET DOWN HERE!” [22:49] <Darenel> (do i hear them calling?)
[22:49] * Timandra_Eskander limbers her bow and tries to find a better angle of fire.
[22:49] * Katilyn drops the rope and then climbs back down.
[22:50] <@GWRD> As one of the creatures sneaks up on Katilyn's backside, and Valio makes a discovery, this session comes to an end for the evening.

campaigns/sfss/session_40_-_11-23-2014_-_the_captains_curse.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/05 02:37 by ryubasteon