Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:sfss:session_36_-_10-19-2014_-_revisiting_slaughters

[20:19] <@GWRD> It is the 29th day of hell on the Smuggler's Shiv, an isle with a bad reputation for shipwrecks and hauntings. One band of shipwreck survivors have made their way to the outskirts of an old lighthouse populated by cannibals, where they plan their revenge.
[20:20] <@GWRD> Already beaten, wounded, and demoralized from previous encounters, their fierce determination for revenge drives them on to achieve victory this time around.
[20:21] <@GWRD> Our story now takes us to their camp, early in the morning just after the sun has risen for the day, and the morning coffee still flows… but not for much longer.
[20:21] <@GWRD> Game on
06[20:22] * Orzady tries to work out the kinks in his muscles as he wakes up
06[20:22] * Darenel stretches
06[20:22] * Janken yawns
06[20:23] * Valio tinkers on his newfound career as a weaponsmith.
[20:24] <Darenel> ( do you take orders yet Valio, i would love a new set of “get me off this island” gear)
03[20:24] * Tolman is now known as Ptolamir
[20:24] <Orzady> (do you have in off-white? It is after Labor Day you know)
06[20:28] * @Ptolamir stirs from his book, “Are we going to make for the camp now?’
[20:28] <@Ptolamir> “We’re only a couple hours away, no?“ 11[20:29] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'll be sending everybody 3 Decals, if you need more let me know now, I have a few left)
[20:30] <Darenel> (send the rest to Tolbot as a bribe)
06[20:30] * TolBot raises an eyebrow.
11[20:30] <@Theon_Tokko> (gonna shoot Warb a message on facebook, and see if he wants any)
[20:30] <Orzady> (Gonna slap that on my Chromebook and my laptop)
[20:33] <@GWRD> The weather is relatively calm this morning, with a slight breeze of salty sea air blowing from the west.
06[20:34] * Orzady gives his cobbled together axe a couple of experimental swings.
[20:34] <Darenel> (can we estimate how far we are from the lighthouse?)
[20:34] <Valio> “scout it for a day while I work on weapons.” [20:34] <Orzady> (brb)
[20:34] <@GWRD> (Probably an hour or two tops)
[20:35] <Darenel> (so if those guys are sending out scavenging patrols we are in their ballpark now)
[20:35] <@GWRD> (yup)
[20:36] <@Ptolamir> “That perhaps is smart, Balio.”
[20:36] <@Ptolamir> “We might learn when best to attack.” [20:37] <Darenel> “We should be careful not to run into cannibal scouts.” [20:37] <Orzady> “But be ready to deal with them if we find them.” 03[20:40] * Warbudgie (Warbudgie@6bcca64f.a61bf37.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
[20:40] <Warbudgie> (hey guys)
[20:40] <@Ptolamir> ( rubbing my eyes )
[20:40] <Darenel> (hey there)
11[20:40] <@Theon_Tokko> (Hiya Warb)
[20:42] <Janken> [heya warb]
[20:43] <@GWRD> (OMG a wild Warb has appeared!)
[20:43] <Warbudgie> (figured I should drop in, sorry I fell off the face of the planet, just been working a lot of sundays :()
11[20:43] <@Theon_Tokko> (Guess my FB message got to ya lol)
[20:43] <Darenel> (man this is like bird watching. all kinds of rare ones)
[20:43] <Orzady> (How did you get out of the pit I dug– I mean… how are you doing?)
[20:44] <Janken> [you should tell your boss youre busy sundays! say you lost your leg,or something!]
[20:45] <Darenel> (but dont use that excuse every time, its not believable you are looking for your leg every sunday)
[20:45] <Warbudgie> (lol)
[20:45] <Warbudgie> (well I hear somehow my dwarf was captured and possibly killed…are you guys off the crazy island yet?)
[20:45] <Janken> [no,its better if he does,then he has consistency,and higher-ups look for that sort of thing]
[20:46] <@GWRD> (Captured and recovered. They are not off crazy island yet. If they were, we'd be looking for a new DM)
06[20:49] * Valio continues to work the raw materials.
06[20:50] * Darenel keeps a lookout a bit outside the camp for any cannibal patrols
[20:51] <@GWRD> (How far out are you travelling?)
06[20:51] * Orzady plots the course from here to the lighthouse – finding good places to hide and ambush as needed.
[20:51] <Darenel> (not outside sight of camp)
03[20:53] * TolBot_ (TolBot@c50aa136.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
[20:53] <@GWRD> (OK, and Orzady is going to the lighthouse and back again?)
02[20:53] * TolBot (TolBot@c50aa136.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
03[20:53] * TolBot_ is now known as TolBot
02[20:54] * @Ptolamir (Joe@c50aa136.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
11[20:55] * @Theon_Tokko looks at Orzady “SHall I join you?” [20:55] <Orzady> “Won't mind the help. As long as you can stay quiet.” 11[20:56] <@Theon_Tokko> (Alright, I'll drop these in the mail tomorrow… Only have to add postage to the Canada members, the rest are all ready to go. :))
[20:58] <@GWRD> (Theon and Orzady can make stealth checks on their trip)
[20:58] <Orzady> (how many?)
[20:59] <@GWRD> (1 each to start)
11[20:59] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20-2
[20:59] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(6)-2]: 4
11[20:59] <@Theon_Tokko> (hahaha, forgot I had a -2 to stealth XD)
11[20:59] <@Theon_Tokko> (wait!!! thats with armor, that I don't have anymore XD)
[21:00] <@GWRD> (So what would that adjust your roll to?)
11[21:00] <@Theon_Tokko> (pulling up the updated sheet now.. waiting for PCgen to open)
11[21:01] <@Theon_Tokko> (Would be a +1 now, so 7…lol)
[21:02] <@GWRD> (Ok Orzady, the buffalo failed his roll, let's see how graceful you are.)
[21:03] <Orzady> 1d20+7
[21:03] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(1)+7]: 8 (Better luck next time.)
03[21:03] * Tolman (Joe@c50aa136.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
03[21:03] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tolman
[21:03] <Orzady> (to quote my supervisor at work “Are you kidding me?!”)
11[21:04] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm a buffaho, he's the buffalo)
[21:05] <@GWRD> (No you're a buffalo, he's an ox)
[21:05] <Janken> [an ox with boots of noisemaking]
[21:05] <Darenel> (and a bell)
[21:05] <Orzady> (“Wait – who put all this glo-tape and bells on my clothing?”)
[21:05] <Valio> (we're making sure they know where the camp is…)
03[21:06] * Tolman is now known as Ptolamir
[21:07] <@GWRD> Orzady and Theon start approaching the outskirts of the cannibal camp, but don't realize how close they are initially, until they pop out at the south end of the camp near the campfire. One of the cannibals immediately spots the duo and shouts out an alarm.
[21:07] <Orzady> “Great.” [21:07] <Darenel> (bahaha)
06[21:07] * Orzady sprints for the cannibal.
[21:07] <Janken> [got your backups ready? :p]
11[21:08] <@Theon_Tokko> (Theon can't die, I've tried to let him do so several times…)
[21:08] <Janken> [xD]
[21:08] <Darenel> (Orzady, just make sure you count them before you die and shout the number to Theon)
[21:09] <@GWRD> `init rolls please
[21:09] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll (1d20+modifier).
11[21:09] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+2
[21:09] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(10)+2]: 12
[21:09] <Orzady> 1d20+6
[21:09] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(20)+6]: 26 (Booyeah)
[21:09] <@GWRD> 1d20+2 for Cannibals
[21:10] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(7)+2]: 9 for Cannibals
[21:10] <Orzady> (oh – now?)
[21:10] <@GWRD> `init report
[21:10] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Orzady, 26, Theon_Tokko, 12, Cannibals, 9
[21:10] <@GWRD> (Orzady go, he's flat footed)
[21:10] <Orzady> (am I in smacking range?)
[21:10] <Janken> [youre super fast at being super loud]
[21:11] <@GWRD> (If you can close 30', you are)
[21:11] <Orzady> (Yes, I can)
[21:11] <Orzady> roll 1d20+2
[21:11] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:11] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(4)+2]: 6
[21:12] <Orzady> (seriously?)
[21:12] <@GWRD> You rush up and swing at the cannibal, who is surprised, but expecting the attack.
[21:12] <@GWRD> (Theon)
11[21:12] * @Theon_Tokko closes in, and slashes hard with the borrowed Longsword
11[21:12] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:12] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(12)+5]: 17
[21:13] <Orzady> (let me channel my inner Doakes – “Surprise, m*er**er.”)
[21:13] <Darenel> (i take it they are way out of earshot)
[21:13] <@GWRD> (Hit)
11[21:14] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+4
[21:14] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(3)+4]: 7
[21:14] <@GWRD> (VERY out of ear shot)
[21:14] <@GWRD> You cut into him deeply, as you hear a commotion from the rest of the area.
[21:15] <@GWRD> The cannibal takes a 5' step back and draws his broken scimitar as he gets really angry looking.
[21:15] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Theon)
06[21:15] * Orzady swings for the man to take him down quickly.
[21:15] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:15] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(18)+2]: 20
[21:15] <Orzady> (better)
[21:16] <@GWRD> (hit)
[21:16] <Orzady> (what's the damage of a club? Still 1d6?)
[21:16] <Darenel> (lets see how you roll the damage)
[21:16] <@GWRD> (yup)
[21:17] <Orzady> 1d6+2
[21:17] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d6(5)+2]: 7
[21:17] <Orzady> (think)
[21:17] <Orzady> (thunk)
[21:17] <@Ptolamir> (me? how close am I?)
[21:17] <Darenel> (you are chillin with the rest of us in our camp unaware of this)
[21:18] <@Ptolamir> (ah, ok)
[21:18] <@GWRD> (You are an hour to 2 hours away)
[21:18] <Darenel> (unlesss you went with those guys)
[21:18] <Orzady> (No, no – don't get up for us… :D )
[21:18] <@Ptolamir> (sorry, this new dog is needing attention pretty constantly.)
[21:18] <@Ptolamir> (I’m warb!!!)
[21:18] <@GWRD> Theon's hit is clean, and gives Orzady an opening to cave the cannibal's skull in.
[21:18] <Janken> [all you need is a crazy girlfriend]
[21:18] <@GWRD> (Tolbudgie)
[21:19] <Darenel> (now i know i am not there with you guys, but i would suggest you 2 book it before more cannibals show up)
[21:19] <@GWRD> The cannibal crumples to the ground, giving you an opening to flee.
11[21:19] <@Theon_Tokko> (any signs of my equipment in sight?)
06[21:19] * Orzady drags the body to the underbrush and covers it.
[21:19] <Orzady> “We need to move now.” [21:20] <@GWRD> (Cannibal camp map updated: https://realtimeboard.com/app/57890560/Cannibal-Camp/ )
[21:20] <@GWRD> (No sign of equipment)
11[21:21] * @Theon_Tokko looks at Orzady and starts to fall back into the woods
[21:21] <@GWRD> As you prepare to fall back into the woods, you spot another cannibal pop out of the building on the opposite end of the camp.
[21:23] <Orzady> “Gods…” [21:23] <@GWRD> (Actions?)
06[21:23] * Orzady points to the cannibal and makes a throat slitting motion as he disappears
11[21:23] * @Theon_Tokko falls back as well
[21:23] <Orzady> (trying to stealth out to take him down)
[21:23] <@GWRD> (Roll stealth)
[21:24] <Janken> [incoming 2]
[21:26] <@GWRD> 1d20+7 stealth for Orzady
[21:26] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(2)+7]: 9 stealth for Orzady
[21:26] <@GWRD> (LOL)
[21:26] <Darenel> (LOL)
[21:26] <Orzady> (*sigh*)
[21:27] <Janken> [CALLED IT.]
11[21:27] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+1 (stealth retreat! jus' for laughs)
[21:27] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(15)+1]: 16 (stealth retreat! jus' for laughs)
[21:27] <Orzady> (Fine – leave me high and dry)
[21:27] <Janken> [/me hands TolBot a 20]
06[21:27] * TolBot perks up.
[21:27] <Darenel> (those are some Ace Wentura Stealth moves right there)
[21:28] <@GWRD> 2 cannibals approach the brush where you withdrew from, one coming from the building where the butchery took place when you were prisoners. Both spot Orzady like a deer caught in headlights, but only one has the opportunity to attack
[21:28] <Darenel> (Ace Ventura too)
[21:28] <@GWRD> 1d20+3
[21:28] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(2)+3]: 5
[21:29] <Orzady> (at least he misses)
[21:29] <@GWRD> However his swing clips the brush near Orzady, keeping him from taking a nasty blow.
[21:29] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Theon, Cannibals)
06[21:29] * Orzady ripostes and tries to splatter the cannibal's brains all over hte canopy.
[21:29] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:29] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(8)+2]: 10
[21:29] <@GWRD> (Barely missed)
11[21:29] * @Theon_Tokko moves around and decides he has to help Orzady survive this one… 11[21:30] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:30] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(9)+5]: 14
[21:30] <@GWRD> (hit)
11[21:30] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+4
[21:30] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(8)+4]: 12
[21:31] <Darenel> (those two are going to solo the camp)
[21:31] <@GWRD> Theon lands a solid hit, which cuts deep and clean into the cannibal's chest.
[21:31] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 vs Orzady
[21:31] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(3)+3]: 6 vs Orzady
[21:31] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 vs Theon
[21:31] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(3)+3]: 6 vs Theon
[21:31] <@GWRD> (/me raises a brow at Tolbot)
06[21:31] * TolBot raises an eyebrow.
[21:32] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Theon)
[21:32] <@GWRD> (Roll 4's)
11[21:33] <@Theon_Tokko> (/me waits patiently for Orz to go)
[21:35] <@GWRD> (Go without him)
11[21:35] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:35] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(16)+5]: 21
[21:35] <Darenel> (he is still trying to sneak)
11[21:35] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+4
[21:35] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(5)+4]: 9
[21:35] <@GWRD> (Same one or other one?)
11[21:35] <@Theon_Tokko> (same)
11[21:35] <@Theon_Tokko> “Payback is a bitch! I'm going to kill you all for what you did!” [21:36] <Orzady> (Sorry – wife was talking)
[21:36] <@GWRD> Theon grabs the cannibal by the back of the head and pulls him into his weapon.
[21:36] <@GWRD> (Tell your wife it's game time, that I think she rocks, but you already have issues focusing.)
[21:36] <Darenel> (Flawless Victory!)
[21:36] <@GWRD> ( :) )
[21:37] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Cannibal)
11[21:37] <@Theon_Tokko> (Tell her that I said, that if she wants to talk to you she has to get on IRC and wait her turn in the init tracker!)
06[21:37] * Orzady tries to take out the other one quickly
[21:37] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:37] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(16)+2]: 18
[21:37] <@GWRD> (hit)
[21:37] <Orzady> (better)
[21:37] <Orzady> 1d6+2
[21:37] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d6(5)+2]: 7
[21:37] <Orzady> (better if he does down)
[21:38] <@GWRD> You smack his shoulder blade, which cracks under the force of your blow.
[21:38] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 vs Orzady
[21:38] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+3]: 12 vs Orzady
[21:38] <@GWRD> (AC?)
[21:38] <Orzady> “Taking too long.” [21:38] <Orzady> (14)
[21:38] <@GWRD> (Even with the lack of equipment you have now?)
[21:39] <Orzady> (Oh – that right – never appended that – 13)
[21:39] <Darenel> (didnt we lose mostly our wpns but our armor is still pretty much here)
[21:39] <@GWRD> (No armor)
[21:40] <Janken> [armor gets in the way of the cannibal's fileting knives]
[21:40] <@GWRD> The cannibal barely misses Orzady's throat, as he snaps back just in time to avoid the hit.
[21:40] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Theon)
06[21:40] * Orzady tries to crack a bone or two
[21:40] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:40] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(19)+2]: 21
[21:40] <Orzady> (Finally!)
[21:40] <@Ptolamir> (We’re still just hanging out at the camp, right?)
[21:41] <Orzady> 1d6+2
[21:41] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d6(3)+2]: 5
[21:41] <Darenel> (well i am a bit outside camp on lookout)
[21:41] <@GWRD> more cannibals approach as Orzady lands another hit.
[21:41] <@GWRD> 2 more cannibals approach as Orzady lands another hit.
[21:41] <@GWRD> (Theon)
11[21:41] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:42] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(13)+5]: 18
[21:42] <Orzady> (I see everyone gathered around the fire with combat being audible in the background. “Should we help them?” “Nah – let them work it out on their own.”)
11[21:42] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+4
[21:42] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(3)+4]: 7
[21:42] <@GWRD> (hit)
[21:42] <@GWRD> Theon runs Orzady's attacker through.
06[21:43] * Orzady sees the other cannibals.
[21:43] <Orzady> “Time to go – we're not ready for this.” [21:43] <Darenel> (oooh try to stealth away again)
[21:43] <@GWRD> The two other cannibals also see you and rush up to attack
[21:43] <@GWRD> 1d20+3
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(15)+3]: 18
[21:43] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 vs Theon
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(1)+3]: 4 vs Theon (Ugh.)
[21:43] <@GWRD> 1d6+3 to Orzady
[21:43] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(5)+3]: 8 to Orzady
[21:44] <@GWRD> Orzady is slashed pretty hard by a broken scimitar, as fresh warm blood flows down his chest.
06[21:44] * Orzady grits his teeth and readys to swing again
[21:44] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Theon)
06[21:45] * Orzady lashes out to knock the guy down
[21:45] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:45] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(2)+2]: 4
[21:45] <@GWRD> (Sorry to the campies for having to miss out on the slaughter)
11[21:45] * @Theon_Tokko growls and attacks the one that beat on his friend.
11[21:45] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:45] <Janken> [its ok,i like being alive]
[21:45] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(18)+5]: 23
11[21:45] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+4
[21:45] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(1)+4]: 5
[21:45] <@GWRD> He maniaclly laughs as you swing wildly, however his companion grunts in pain as Theon connects.
[21:45] <Valio> (we'll realize what happened and go visit tomorrow, perhaps…)
[21:46] <Janken> [if we dont have anything else going on]
[21:46] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 vs Orzady
[21:46] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(19)+3]: 22 vs Orzady
[21:46] <@GWRD> 1d20+3 vs Theon
[21:46] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(12)+3]: 15 vs Theon
11[21:46] <@Theon_Tokko> (hit, ac at 11)
[21:46] <Orzady> (yikes)
[21:46] <@GWRD> 1d6+3 vs Orzady
[21:46] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(6)+3]: 9 vs Orzady
[21:46] <@GWRD> 1d6+3 vs Theon
[21:46] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(6)+3]: 9 vs Theon
06[21:46] * Orzady crumples to the ground
[21:47] <@GWRD> The two cannibals both land clean, painful hits, and Orzady is sent to the ground.
[21:47] <@GWRD> (Theon)
11[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:47] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(3)+5]: 8
11[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> (really now I have Orz luck)
[21:47] <@GWRD> 2#1d20+3
[21:47] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(3)+3]: 6
[21:47] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(18)+3]: 21
[21:47] <@GWRD> 1d6+3
[21:47] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(4)+3]: 7
11[21:47] * @Theon_Tokko grunts and counter attacks
11[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:47] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(10)+5]: 15
11[21:47] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+4
[21:47] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(8)+4]: 12
[21:47] <@GWRD> (hit)
[21:48] <@GWRD> Stress of facing death and imprisonment takes over as you thrust your blade into the cannibal's chest. He crumples over, but his ally remains.
[21:48] <@GWRD> 1d20+3
[21:48] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(9)+3]: 12
11[21:48] <@Theon_Tokko> (hit lol…)
[21:49] <@GWRD> 1d6+3
[21:49] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d6(5)+3]: 8
11[21:49] <@Theon_Tokko> (at -1, unless I do a rage (free action), then I'd still be at 3 XD)
[21:49] <@GWRD> (Your choice)
11[21:49] <@Theon_Tokko> (Hell, why not, Rage!)
[21:50] <@GWRD> (Go)
11[21:50] <@Theon_Tokko> (hehe +4 Morale Bonus to STR, would do what again XD)
[21:50] <@GWRD> (+2 hit/dam)
11[21:50] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[21:50] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(9)+7]: 16
11[21:50] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+6
[21:50] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(6)+6]: 12
11[21:50] <@Theon_Tokko> (ac at 9 while in rage)
[21:51] <@GWRD> You land a severe hit but it's not enough to take down the cannibal.
[21:51] <@GWRD> 1d20+3
[21:51] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(4)+3]: 7
11[21:51] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[21:51] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(4)+7]: 11
[21:51] <@GWRD> But thankfully it's enough to disrupt his swing at you.
[21:51] <@GWRD> (hit)
[21:51] <Darenel> (go go power ranger)
11[21:51] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d8+6
[21:51] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d8(2)+6]: 8
[21:51] <@GWRD> You drop the cannibal.
11[21:51] <@Theon_Tokko> (Can I, while in my rage, grab Orz and run? until the rage forcefully ends? lol)
[21:52] <@GWRD> (You can)
[21:52] <Orzady> 1d20+1
[21:52] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(17)+1]: 18
11[21:52] <@Theon_Tokko> (Guess I'm grabbing and beating feet back towards camp, think I have 6 rounds owrth of rage left)
[21:52] <Orzady> (whew)
[21:53] <@GWRD> DC 11 fort save for Theon
[21:53] <Orzady> (It would be nice)
11[21:53] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4
[21:53] <Darenel> (what happens after your rage wears off)
[21:53] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(7)+4]: 11
[21:53] <Janken> [he falls down]
11[21:53] <@Theon_Tokko> (I collapse, fatigued. But I'd still be at 1hp I think now)
11[21:55] <@Theon_Tokko> (1 or -1 depending on how the DM wants to play it)
[21:56] <@GWRD> (No you would be at -1)
[21:56] <@GWRD> hour passes (Orzady and Theon DC 11 fort saves)
11[21:56] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+4
[21:56] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(8)+4]: 12
[21:57] <Orzady> 1d20+1
[21:57] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(17)+1]: 18
[21:57] <@GWRD> Both of you awaken, though your wounds are still severe. Anything stressful activity past a single move action a round, will result in you bleeding out again.
[21:57] <Darenel> (are they getting anywhere close to where i would see them)
[21:58] <@GWRD> (Nope)
11[21:58] * @Theon_Tokko pats Orzady, “Lets go, slowly…” [21:58] <@GWRD> (Luckily the cannibals didn't find them first)
[21:58] <Janken> [cue chickenbats]
[21:59] <Valio> (they left a feast in sight. Why would they go after the food that got away?)
[21:59] <@GWRD> Hours pass and it's now sweltering outside, the weather horrific and unforgiving.
[21:59] <@GWRD> (Greedy for extra food)
[21:59] <Valio> (the fewer cannibals, the more food to go around.)
06[21:59] * Janken paces in the camp
[22:00] <Janken> “They have been gone far too long.” [22:00] <Orzady> “Not the best day I've had, but still satisfying.” [22:00] <@GWRD> For those of you in the camp, this is about the time you expected they might be returning, unless they decided to take shelther against the mid-day heat somewhere.
06[22:00] * Valio looks up from his shortspear. “It has been a while. Perhaps they have found decent information about the camp.” [22:01] <Janken> “Maybe.” [22:04] <@GWRD> (What is Orzady and Theon doing?)
11[22:04] <@Theon_Tokko> (slowly making way back to camp)
[22:05] <Orzady> (plotting our revenge)
[22:05] <Orzady> (the usual)
[22:05] <Janken> [how many plots of revenge are we at now? 7? 9?]
[22:05] <@GWRD> About an hour, maybe an hour and a half into the hottest time of the day, Darenel hears noise approaching the camp.
[22:05] <Darenel> (dont plot too hard, you will start bleeding)
[22:06] <Orzady> (I figure at some point – one will stick)
06[22:06] * Darenel tries to get a bit closer to find out what is making the noise
[22:06] <@GWRD> (Stealth check)
[22:07] <Darenel> 1d20+1
[22:07] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(9)+1]: 10
[22:07] <@GWRD> (Perception checks Orzady and Theon)
11[22:07] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+7
[22:07] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(19)+7]: 26
[22:07] <Orzady> 1d20+5
[22:07] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(6)+5]: 11
[22:08] <@GWRD> (Both of you spot Darenel sneaking towards you.)
06[22:08] * Darenel stumbles into Orzady and Theon
06[22:08] * Orzady pays Darnell no mind
11[22:08] <@Theon_Tokko> “Darenel! A little help…” 11[22:08] * @Theon_Tokko just collapses beyond fatigued
06[22:08] * Darenel runs up and offers help
[22:09] <Darenel> 2#1d8+2 heals
[22:09] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d8(5)+2]: 7 heals
[22:09] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d8(5)+2]: 7 heals
06[22:09] * Orzady gets pulled down by Theon's mass
06[22:10] * Darenel casts cure light wounds on them then helps them back to the camp
[22:10] <Darenel> “What happened, were you ambushed?” 06[22:10] * @Ptolamir stares, concerend.
[22:10] <@Ptolamir> (concerned, too)
[22:10] <Janken> “What happened to you?” 11[22:11] <@Theon_Tokko> “Five less cannible bastards left on this island…” [22:11] <Orzady> “The cannibals found us.” [22:11] <Orzady> “Needless to say, we need to move.” 06[22:11] * Janken heals Theon_Tokko and Orzady
[22:12] <Janken> 2#1d8+2
[22:12] <TolBot> [Janken's 1d8(8)+2]: 10
[22:12] <TolBot> [Janken's 1d8(3)+2]: 5
11[22:12] <@Theon_Tokko> (which on who? lol)
06[22:12] * Valio looks to his progress and sighs, realizing he will need to call it a day.
[22:12] <Valio> 1d20-1
[22:12] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(4)-1]: 3
[22:13] <Valio> (*cries inwardly*)
[22:13] <Janken> [well say i did it in order,10 to theon,5 to orzady]
11[22:13] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm at 17hp now, but still exhausted)
06[22:14] * Valio tosses the wasted materials aside and goes to heal the both of them as well.
06[22:14] * Orzady sighs and tries to stand up.
[22:14] <Valio> 1d8+2 Theon
[22:14] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(8)+2]: 10 Theon
[22:14] <Valio> 1d8+2 Orzady
[22:14] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(4)+2]: 6 Orzady
[22:14] <Orzady> “At least there are less of them than before.” [22:14] <Valio> (guys topped/nearly?)
11[22:14] <@Theon_Tokko> (27/28)
[22:15] <Orzady> (Halfway to full 16/-6)
11[22:15] <@Theon_Tokko> (but I still need to rest for ~14 rounds)
[22:15] <Orzady> (Sorry – I math little – little over half)
06[22:16] * Valio realizes Orzady still looks a bit beat up and uses his last spell to heal him a bit more.
[22:16] <Valio> 1d8+2
[22:16] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(7)+2]: 9
[22:16] <Orzady> (*ding*)
06[22:17] * Orzady breaths a little easier and moves less stiffly.
[22:17] <Valio> “Let's move out before the cannibals find the camp. I'm sure that you left a trail they could follow, barely capable of getting here as it was.” 06[22:19] * Orzady picks up what little gear he has left and looks to Valio for a direction to strike out on.
[22:19] <Valio> “With their depleted numbers, perhaps additional weapons will not be necessary to take the camp.” [22:19] <Valio> “After a good night of rest.” [22:20] <@Ptolamir> “How many do we theink are left?“ [22:20] <Janken> “Enough to kill us.” 06[22:20] * Orzady shrugs his shoulders.
06[22:20] * @Ptolamir nods.
[22:20] <Orzady> “At this point, that would be one.” [22:20] <Darenel> (whats respawn on cannibals anyway)
06[22:20] * @Ptolamir shoulders his pack.
[22:20] <@Ptolamir> ( hehe )
[22:21] <Janken> [cannibals respawn at a rate of 1 cannibal/second]
06[22:21] * Darenel grabs his things and follows the rest
06[22:21] * Janken follows as well
[22:21] <@GWRD> (Cannibals respawn at a rate of 1 every 9 months?)
[22:21] <Janken> [lol]
[22:22] <Orzady> (So, if you're a spawn camper – pack a good meal)
06[22:24] * Orzady falls into the group close to the rear
11[22:25] * @Theon_Tokko drags himself to his feet and stumbles after
[22:28] <@GWRD> (Where to?)
06[22:28] * Valio helps the others North into the woods for about an hour.
[22:29] <@GWRD> You travel for an hour through the jungle until you come to a game trail.
[22:29] <@GWRD> The game trail runs north east to south west and seems well travelled.
06[22:30] * Orzady unbuckles his armor and looks around.
[22:30] <Valio> “This doesn't seem any better than our previous location. Theon, are you able to continue on, or do you need to rest?” 11[22:31] <@Theon_Tokko> “I'm sleeping for a week,” he yawns, “When we get wherever we're going…” [22:31] <Janken> “Nowhere on the island is any better.” 06[22:33] * Orzady keeps on looking around for any more cannibals trackng them.
[22:35] <@GWRD> You don't see any cannibals on the game trail at the moment, or behind you.
[22:35] <Darenel> (so does the gametrail seem used by cannibals or just animals)
[22:35] <Valio> “we should go for another half hour or so, then make a decent camp with security.5
[22:35] <Valio> 66666666666666
[22:36] <Valio> (gah, kitten…)
[22:36] <Valio> (a black one, at that…)
[22:37] <@GWRD> (Survival-Tracking to examine the trail)
11[22:37] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[22:37] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(12)+5]: 17
[22:37] <@GWRD> (It crossed your path, -1 luck to all rolls)
[22:37] <Darenel> 1d20+12 Survival
[22:37] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(20)+12]: 32 Survival (Awesome.)
[22:37] <Orzady> 1d20
[22:37] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(17)]: 17
[22:37] <Janken> 1d20+7
[22:37] <TolBot> [Janken's 1d20(16)+7]: 23
[22:38] <@GWRD> Darenel, you examine the trail for a short period of time, and definitely find many signs of humanoid travel on this trail.
[22:38] <Janken> [apparently Darenel can track ants]
[22:38] <Darenel> “It seems this path is used by the cannibals often” [22:39] <Darenel> (just yesterday two of them walked south west, eating cannibal sammiches and discussing local politics)
[22:40] <Orzady> (“Grok has no intentions of following through on his 'a child in every pot' promise.”)
11[22:44] <@Theon_Tokko> (
11[22:44] <@Theon_Tokko> (“Grok You!” lol)
06[22:45] * Orzady looks up and down the length of the trail.
[22:45] <Orzady> “Set up an ambush?” [22:46] <Valio> “It might work.” 11[22:46] <@Theon_Tokko> “Rest first… Please?” [22:47] <@Ptolamir> “How do we know?”
[22:47] <@Ptolamir> “If they come every day or week?” 06[22:47] * Orzady sits down off the trail, resting his bloody club on his lap.
[22:48] <Valio> “go rest for a little. I will stand guard with ptolamir for now.” 06[22:48] * @Ptolamir nods.
[22:48] <@GWRD> The group decides to setup along the game trail to attempt to ambush cannibals, as this session comes to a close for the evening.
[22:48] <@GWRD> Game over

campaigns/sfss/session_36_-_10-19-2014_-_revisiting_slaughters.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/05 02:34 by ryubasteon