Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:sfss:session_35_-_10-12-2014_-_untitled

[19:56] <@GWRD> And so on the 26th day since being shipwrecked, the group of castaways have decided to make their return back to the cannibal camp, to face off against the tribe who has been harrassing them for a long time now.
[19:57] <@GWRD> We leave off a few hours after noon, with our group in the jungle forging weapons of the cannibal's undoing.
[19:57] <@GWRD> Game start
03[19:57] * Tolman is now known as Ptolamir
06[20:00] * Valio spends his free time fashioning his stick into a club, the branches into two shortspears, and a piece of leather and rocks into slings and ammunition.
[20:01] <@GWRD> (I assume travelling west? Do you want to go by jungle or make your way back to the shore first?)
04[20:03] [@GWRD:#grovewood PING]
06[20:03] * @Ptolamir looks out ahead, “Do we keep to the jungle, or move along the beach?“ 04[20:03] → [GWRD] PONG
06[20:03] * Orzady looks from the jungle to the beach… [20:03] <Orzady> “I have no clue.” [20:03] <@Ptolamir> “Would not the beach give us an approach to the side we were last? However, they will have since learned the death of their witch.” [20:03] <Valio> “which method do you suppose has more traps?” [20:04] <@Ptolamir> “I would think they would send out a party to come avenge her death.“ 11[20:04] * @Theon_Tokko continues quietly, deep in thoughts of revenge
[20:04] <@Ptolamir> “It woud be great if we saw them leave and could attack the camp as their warriors were out.” [20:05] <Orzady> “Why not have someone watch them and give a signal when they're out hunting?
[20:08] <Orzady> (brb)
06[20:09] * Valio shrugs.
06[20:13] * @Ptolamir nods and plods along.
06[20:14] * Darenel follows
11[20:14] * @Theon_Tokko follows as well
06[20:15] * Orzady follows along
[20:15] <@GWRD> (Where are we plod to?)
[20:16] <Darenel> “Scouting out their camp and getting a sense of their strength would sure help” 11[20:16] <@Theon_Tokko> (Off this island please)
[20:16] <Valio> “Be on the lookout for traps. We know they enjoy setting them.” [20:16] <@GWRD> (Well head straight for the ocean and start swimming… otherwise let me know what way you are going to travel, so I can determine encounters.)
[20:17] <Orzady> “I cna watch them for a cuople of days and learn when they send our their hunting parties.” 06[20:18] * Orzady shrugs his shoulders
[20:18] <Orzady> “Better than stumbling around and hoping to get lucky. Something that Gelik wouldn't know much about.” [20:21] <@GWRD> Gelik just shakes his head.
[20:22] <@GWRD> An hour passes as the group wanders around aimlessly without direction or purpose.
[20:22] <Valio> “If we do not make a decision, I suggest we camp so that I can work on the weaponry.” 06[20:22] * Orzady stops and heads in a parallel track to the camp, trying to keep out of sight and notice.
[20:22] <Orzady> “I'm going to watch them for a couple of days.” [20:23] <@GWRD> (Just an FYI you're on the opposite end of the island from the cannibal camp)
[20:23] <Valio> “we need to make it back there, first.” [20:23] <Orzady> “Then we should get started.” [20:24] <@GWRD> (Map: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1wjKXga1u178JZK5Y4_K-WjZF5YvpFzxAkUpSDZPwEh8/edit?usp=sharing )
[20:26] <@GWRD> (So following the jungle or the beach back towards the cannibal camp?)
06[20:27] * Orzady waits for the others to figure out what we're going to do.
[20:27] <Orzady> “Beach, jungle or camp?” 06[20:28] * Valio sighs. “Fine, let's trace our steps back to the camp. Be on the lookout for traps and ambushes.” [20:30] <@GWRD> (GWRD appoints Valio the title of “Group Leader”)
[20:30] <Orzady> “OK.” [20:30] <Valio> (fine… right as I need to brb …)
[20:31] <Orzady> (hands Valio a sparkly stick and a tiara)
06[20:31] * Valio allows Theon and Orzady to lead the way, back the way they originally went.
[20:32] <Valio> (longsword and dagger with them. I only have a shield and a strange wand I don't know how to use :) )
06[20:32] * Orzady scouts ahead t make sure there are no new traps
[20:32] <@GWRD> The group swings south heading back in the direction of the beach, and after about 3 hours, you come to the shipwreck on shore you found the other day. The hour is growing late, and prehaps there is an hour, maybe 2 if you are lucky, before nightfall will completely set in.
[20:34] <Darenel> (how are we for food and such)
[20:35] <@GWRD> (47 days worth of food at a consumption rate of 8.5 units a day)
[20:36] <Darenel> (so no need to worry about food just a good spot to camp)
[20:36] <@GWRD> (So roughly 5 days left)
04[20:37] [@GWRD:#grovewood PING]
04[20:39] → [GWRD] PONG
[20:40] <@GWRD> (Pause)
[20:40] <Orzady> (?)
[20:40] <Valio> (okay, back)
[20:41] <@GWRD> Ok what's going on tonight? It's taking way too long for you all to decide where you would like to go, and respond to questions or stimuli.
[20:42] <@Ptolamir> (I’m sorry, Mage. I was tending to kids off and on)
[20:42] <Valio> I would like to head back to the camp using the route we took to this wreck, while crafting the weapons to mount an offensive.
[20:42] <@Ptolamir> and, I gotta log for 2 minutes to finish with bed)
[20:42] <Darenel> i thought we were heading that way
[20:42] <Orzady> (I'm following along)
11[20:43] <@Theon_Tokko> (Yea, I'm jus' following for now, not much else for a primary fighter type to do.)
[20:43] <@GWRD> Alright then… [20:43] <@GWRD> (Resume Game)
[20:43] <@GWRD> The group swings south heading back in the direction of the beach, and after about 3 hours, you come to the shipwreck on shore you found the other day. The hour is growing late, and prehaps there is an hour, maybe 2 if you are lucky, before nightfall will completely set in.
11[20:43] <@Theon_Tokko> (was also putting the kidlets to bed)
[20:43] <Valio> (order of creation: club, shortspear, sling + stones x 4, shortspear, sling stones x 4, more if time allows.)
11[20:44] <@Theon_Tokko> “Orzady, I'll stand watch over the enemy camp with you.” [20:44] <Valio> “Shall we camp for the evening?” 06[20:44] * Orzady attaches a dull rock to a stick to fashion a good skull-opening club.
[20:44] <Darenel> “We should look for a spot to cam soon. Night will be upon us in an hour” 06[20:44] * Orzady looks to Theon and nods.
11[20:44] <@Theon_Tokko> (I have a borrowed longsword from somebody I keep forgetting about XD)
[20:45] <Orzady> “We'll sleep tonight and try to get an early start.
[20:45] <Valio> (my longsword. Orzady has my dagger as well, and darenel my sling. Thus my wanting to create more weapons)
[20:46] <@GWRD> You make camp in the same spot you did when you last came across this shipwrecked ship. Setting up camp is rather easy, and you get comfortable with little effort.
06[20:46] * Orzady eats something and goes to sleep.
[20:47] <Valio> 1d20-1 vs DC12 (craft weapons)
[20:47] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(1)-1]: 0 vs DC12 (craft weapons) Critical fail
11[20:47] * @Theon_Tokko takes first watch
06[20:47] * Darenel gets ready for the first shift on guard duty
[20:47] <Valio> (gah! stupid bot!)
[20:48] <Darenel> (well you tried to make a weapon on a critical fail i think you craft a pillow)
[20:48] <Shaddow> (but a very nice pillow?)
[20:48] <Orzady> (What's that? I can throw it, it'll go thruogh the shest of my enemies and return to my hand? Dammit, I wanted a sword! *throws over shoulder*)
11[20:49] <@Theon_Tokko> (Reminds me of the RIPD 'Banana' gun)
[20:49] <@Ptolamir> (I’m back)
06[20:49] * Valio frowns at the mishappen club and tosses it in the fire with a sigh.
[20:50] <Valio> “Perhaps tomorrow will prove more useful.” [20:51] <@GWRD> The evening passes by to morning. The bugs were a little irritating during the evening, and had a bit of a fondness for Ptolamir, but overall the rest was rejuvenating enough.
[20:52] <@GWRD> (Recover 2hps, and 1 point from any lost attributes)
[20:53] <Orzady> (I limp back towards malevolent genius!)
[20:54] <@GWRD> Travel along the beach is quiet, as the surf laps along the shoreline. It's about mid-day however you get to a part of the beach you don't quite remember… probably because you avoided the giant crab you see picking through the sand.
06[20:55] * Orzady moves a littel ahead, giving the crab a wide bearth.
06[20:55] * Valio wonders if he could use the crab shell as weapons.
[20:56] <Orzady> (…only to find out hte native are armed with crab shell hammers)
11[20:57] <@Theon_Tokko> “Who wants crab legs?” [20:57] <Orzady> “I'll pass.” 06[20:57] * @Ptolamir scratches a whelp on his leg.
06[20:57] * Valio keeps his distance
[20:57] <@GWRD> The giant crab starts slowly scuttling towards your group.
[20:57] <Darenel> “the only thing that seem to harm one of those last time was Ptolamirs fire” 06[20:58] * Orzady holds up his dagger.
[20:59] <Valio> “Incoming.” [21:00] <Darenel> “Are we fighting it or running” [21:00] <@GWRD> It continues to draw near the group of people sticking together.
[21:00] <Valio> “Ptol, light it up?” [21:01] <@GWRD> The crab looks to be about 60' away now and closing fast.
11[21:01] * @Theon_Tokko keeps a wide birth not really having the weapons to take it on
[21:01] <Valio> “If you do not have a weapon, do not engage.” 11[21:01] <@Theon_Tokko> (or armor for that matter)
06[21:02] * Darenel tries to back off towards the jungle
06[21:03] * @Ptolamir nods.
[21:03] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir attacking or withdrawing?)
[21:03] <@Ptolamir> “If you stop it and I’ll blast it.”
06[21:04] * Valio prepares for the assault coming quickly towards them.
06[21:04] * @Ptolamir will blast when in range 30’.
06[21:04] * Orzady will stab if it gets close to me
[21:05] <@GWRD> `init rolls please
[21:05] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll (1d20+modifier).
[21:05] <@Ptolamir> (15’ I mean)
[21:05] <@Ptolamir> 1d20+2
[21:05] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 1d20(11)+2]: 13
[21:05] <@GWRD> 1d20+1 for Giant Crab
[21:05] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(1)+1]: 2 for Giant Crab (Sorry.)
[21:05] <Valio> 1d20+4
[21:05] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(3)+4]: 7
11[21:05] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+3
[21:05] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(8)+3]: 11
[21:05] <@Ptolamir> (afk)
[21:06] <Orzady> 1d20+6
[21:06] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(16)+6]: 22
[21:06] <@GWRD> `init report
[21:06] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Orzady, 22, Ptolamir, 13, Theon_Tokko, 11, Valio, 7, Giant Crab, 2
[21:07] <@Ptolamir> (back)
06[21:07] * Orzady waits for the crab to get closer…and to give Ptolamir a chance to roast it first.
[21:07] <@GWRD> The giant crab is 60' away from the main group of Ptolamir, Janken, Androoin, and the NPCS, while everybody else has spread themselves out away from the crab.
[21:08] <@GWRD> (Ptolamir, Theon, Valio - Orzady holding)
11[21:08] <@Theon_Tokko> (to far away to act, drawing weapon and holding)
[21:08] <@Ptolamir> (uh, only one other player is engaging? I’m a wizard. I can’t tank this thing)(
06[21:08] * @Ptolamir maneuvers 15’ away and casts burning hands.
06[21:09] * Valio braces his shield and begins an upbeat drum solo
[21:09] <Orzady> (but you can soften it up for hte rest of us)
[21:09] <@GWRD> (Burning hands has a range of 15', the crab was 60' away from you before you started your turn)
[21:10] <Darenel> (cant you kite it)
[21:10] <@Ptolamir> (ok, then holding turn till it advances closer)
[21:10] <Valio> (I inspire while everyone waits. great.)
[21:10] <Darenel> (hmm realy strange, it takes about 10 seconds between when i hit enter and when my text shows up)
[21:11] <@GWRD> 1d2 to select target
[21:11] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d2(2)]: 2 to select target
[21:11] <@GWRD> The crab charges up the beach and goes after Theon with one of its massive pincers
[21:11] <@GWRD> 1d20+6
[21:11] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+6]: 22
[21:11] <@GWRD> 1d4+2
[21:11] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(2)+2]: 4
[21:12] <@Ptolamir> (wha’s its move?)
[21:12] <@GWRD> 1d20+8 vs Theon's CMD
[21:12] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(12)+8]: 20 vs Theon's CMD
[21:12] <@GWRD> (30')
[21:12] <@Ptolamir> (I’m confused then)
11[21:12] <@Theon_Tokko> (Yea, I should have been further than that away)
[21:13] <@Ptolamir> (It was 60’, and so just moved 30’ closer, right?)
11[21:13] <@Theon_Tokko> (but aight, hit, and CMD is 16)
[21:13] <@GWRD> (No it charged and did a double move with single attack)
[21:14] <@GWRD> (Charge: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Charge )
[21:15] <@GWRD> 1d4+2 constrict damage vs. Theon.
[21:15] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(4)+2]: 6 constrict damage vs. Theon.
11[21:15] <@Theon_Tokko> (it's fine lol, an additional 6… ( 15-4-6=5hp left)
[21:15] <@GWRD> The giant crab grabs Theon by the chest and squeezes tightly.
[21:16] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Ptolamir, Theon, Valio)
06[21:16] * @Ptolamir burning hands.
[21:16] <@GWRD> The other castaways withdraw up the beach.
06[21:16] * Orzady rushes the crab, trying to slam the point of dagger through the joint of hte claw-limb.
[21:17] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:17] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(18)+2]: 20
[21:17] <@GWRD> (hit)
[21:17] <Orzady> 1d4+3
[21:17] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d4(1)+3]: 4
[21:17] <Orzady> (yes! taste cold steel you unbuttered savage!)
06[21:17] * Darenel seeing his companions attack the crab moves in to assit
[21:18] <@GWRD> Orzady slams the point of his dagger in the joint of the claw limb. Slimy oozy blood gushes out of the wound.
[21:18] <@Ptolamir> 3d4 burning hands
[21:18] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 3d4(7)]: 7 burning hands
[21:18] <@GWRD> 1d20+2 reflex
[21:18] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(17)+2]: 19 reflex
[21:19] <@GWRD> Ptolamir jets his burning hands too far to the side to avoid hitting Theon, and manages only to slightly singe the crab.
[21:19] <@GWRD> (Theon, Valio, Crab, Darenel)
[21:19] <@Ptolamir> (still being lvl 2 after this many months really suck for wizards esp. My big attack does 3 hps)
11[21:19] * @Theon_Tokko struggles to stay alive (can't do much else XD)
[21:19] <Valio> (agreed, but on we go)
[21:20] <Orzady> (I'll keep that in mind when you get lightning bolt)
06[21:20] * Valio moves towards Theon while inspiring the group and tries to heal him.
[21:20] <Valio> 1d8+2
[21:20] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(3)+2]: 5
[21:20] <@Ptolamir> (not gonna happen. I keep ping ponging, and one of these times not gonna get up)
[21:21] <@Ptolamir> (I’m still one pinch away from death. :)
[21:21] <@GWRD> (Theon going to try to break free of the crab's grasp?)
11[21:22] <@Theon_Tokko> (what do I roll lol)
[21:22] <@GWRD> (CMB or Escape Artist)
11[21:22] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5 CMB
[21:22] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(15)+5]: 20 CMB
[21:23] <@GWRD> Theon yanks himself free of the crab's pincer.
[21:23] <Shaddow> (what's cmb?)
[21:23] <@GWRD> (Anything else, attack, move, etc.?)
11[21:23] * @Theon_Tokko attacks
11[21:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (two handed, long sword)
11[21:23] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:23] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(5)+5]: 10
11[21:23] <@Theon_Tokko> (and another fail… lol)
[21:23] <@GWRD> CMB stands for Combat Manuver Bonus. It's for special things like Grapple, Trip, Disarm, Bullrush, etc.)
[21:23] <Darenel> (i go after the crab right)
[21:24] <Shaddow> (thank you)
[21:24] <@GWRD> (Yes)
[21:24] <@GWRD> (You're welcome)
[21:24] <@GWRD> 1d2 Crab target
[21:24] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d2(1)]: 1 Crab target
[21:24] <@GWRD> 2#1d3 Crab target
[21:24] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d3(2)]: 2 Crab target
[21:24] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d3(3)]: 3 Crab target
[21:25] <@GWRD> The crab splits his attacks between the one who hit it in the joint and the one who came in to heal its meal.
[21:25] <@GWRD> 1d20+2 vs Orzady
[21:25] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(15)+2]: 17 vs Orzady
[21:25] <@GWRD> 1d20+2 vs Valio
[21:25] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(2)+2]: 4 vs Valio
[21:26] <@GWRD> 1d4+2 damage to Orzady
[21:26] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(3)+2]: 5 damage to Orzady
[21:26] <@GWRD> 1d20+8 CMB vs Orzady's CMD(Combat Manuver Defense)
[21:26] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(16)+8]: 24 CMB vs Orzady's CMD(Combat Manuver Defense)
[21:26] <@GWRD> 1d4+2 constrict damage to Orzady.
[21:26] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d4(1)+2]: 3 constrict damage to Orzady.
[21:27] <@GWRD> The crab snatches up Orzady in it's wounded claw and starts crushing him like an all you can eat seafood buffett.
06[21:27] * Orzady grunts and tries to hack off the claw with the dagger
[21:27] <@GWRD> (Darenel, Orzady, Ptolamir)
06[21:28] * Darenel summons an eagle near the Crab while he get closer to be able to heal his friend
[21:28] <@GWRD> (Roll eagle attacks)
[21:29] <@GWRD> (Orzady, Ptolamir, Theon, Valio)
[21:29] <Darenel> 3#1d20
[21:29] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(19)]: 19
[21:29] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(15)]: 15
[21:29] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(5)]: 5
06[21:30] * Orzady slams his dagger into the claw of the crab
[21:30] <@GWRD> (1 hit)
[21:30] <Darenel> 1d4
[21:30] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d4(4)]: 4
[21:30] <Orzady> 1d20+2
[21:30] <TolBot> [Orzady's 1d20(14)+2]: 16
[21:31] <@Ptolamir> 3d4 burning hands
[21:31] <TolBot> [Ptolamir's 3d4(8)]: 8 burning hands
[21:31] <Darenel> (who needs healing for my next round)
[21:31] <Orzady> (I wouldn't mind it)
11[21:31] <@Theon_Tokko> (I'm at 5hp)
[21:31] <@GWRD> 1d20+2 reflex
[21:31] <TolBot> [GWRD's 1d20(5)+2]: 7 reflex
[21:31] <@Ptolamir> (uh, him)
[21:32] <Orzady> (I'm at five as well)
[21:32] <Orzady> (did I hit mage)
[21:32] <Orzady> (?)
[21:32] <@GWRD> The crab does not get out of the way of Ptolamir's second spell, and roasts to death in its shell.
[21:32] <Valio> (theon, I healed you last turn)
[21:32] <Darenel> (didnt Valio heal someone)
[21:32] <@GWRD> After Orzady stabs it.
06[21:32] * @Ptolamir ’s eyes glow red in anger.
[21:33] <Darenel> (wait the thing is dead, i kinda remember it being tougher last time)
11[21:33] <@Theon_Tokko> (haha, I missed it)
06[21:34] * Orzady pulls open the dead crabs claw and stumbles on the sand
[21:34] <@GWRD> (Well you made shorter work of it this time)
[21:34] <@GWRD> (I didn't pull punches)
06[21:34] * Valio tries to salvage parts for weapons.
[21:34] <Orzady> (or pull crabs)
[21:35] <@GWRD> The shell is still hot to the touch, and its wounds bubble and crack a little where the flames hit it.
[21:35] <Orzady> “There is not enough fire to cleanse this island.” 06[21:35] * Darenel takes some time to harvest some edibles from the crab and to see if any if it can be useful as armor or weapon
[21:35] <@Ptolamir> “I can try.” 06[21:35] * @Ptolamir glares.
[21:35] <Orzady> “Would you?” [21:36] <Darenel> (Ptol solos another crab)
[21:37] <Darenel> (we shall make him a throne of crab pincers if we survive)
[21:38] <@GWRD> (He had help, though he did the most damage)
[21:38] <Orzady> (Game of Crabs? Sounds like something to be done with prostitutes who are… “medically unsound”.
06[21:38] * Valio looks over at Orzady and heals him
[21:38] <Valio> 1d8+2
[21:38] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(1)+2]: 3
06[21:39] * Darenel heals Theon
[21:40] <Darenel> 1d8+2
[21:40] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d8(1)+2]: 3
[21:42] <@GWRD> The air is starting to get hot, but you think if you stick close to the water, you can probably move at 1/2 speed and not over do it during the hottest part of the day.
[21:42] <Valio> “we moving on or am I trying to make some weapons during the heat?” [21:42] <Orzady> “We…ummm…move on.” 06[21:43] * @Ptolamir nods.
06[21:44] * Darenel shrugs and follows the others
[21:45] <Darenel> (i bet an armorer could make some nice gear out of those crabs)
11[21:45] * @Theon_Tokko follows along, sick of being grabbed by the crabs… [21:45] <@GWRD> You travel on and make decent time during the hot part of the day. About 2 hours after that point, you come to the remains of the first crab you encountered and picked apart. The birds and savagers of the island have gotten their share from the remains.
[21:47] <Darenel> (any humanoid tracks beside our own there)
[21:47] <@GWRD> (Roll Survival for tracking)
[21:48] <Darenel> 1d20+12
[21:48] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(4)+12]: 16
11[21:48] <@Theon_Tokko> 1d20+5
[21:48] <TolBot> [Theon_Tokko's 1d20(17)+5]: 22
[21:48] <@GWRD> You don't see any signs of recent travel in this area.
[21:48] <Valio> (I wish
[21:49] <@Ptolamir> “We making it close enough to camp near the lighthouse?” [21:49] <Valio> “we keep moving, but make camp far from theirs. We still need more weapons.” [21:51] <Orzady> “I have what I need.” [21:51] <Darenel> “From here on we should move more carefully, we don't want to run into a group of cannibals unprepared” 06[21:53] * Valio prepares for another evening of tinkering.
06[21:54] * @Ptolamir nods.
06[21:54] * Orzady prepares for another evening of recovering from his wounds.
[21:54] <@GWRD> It's about late afternoon at the moment, with plenty of sunlight left for travel if one should desire to travel.
06[21:55] * Valio checks the map and shows the others.
[21:55] <Valio> “Think we should camp soon and work on a plan and weapons.” [21:56] <Darenel> (haw far away are we from the lighthouse)
[21:56] <Darenel> (*how)
[21:56] <@GWRD> (Map: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1wjKXga1u178JZK5Y4_K-WjZF5YvpFzxAkUpSDZPwEh8/edit )
[21:56] <Orzady> (brb)
[21:57] <@Ptolamir> (answer: not very far)
[21:57] <Darenel> “we are close to their camp, we should not move in the open any more” [21:58] <Valio> 1d20-1 vs DC12 (craft shortspear, 2 slings, 40 bullets)
[21:58] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(15)-1]: 14 vs DC12 (craft shortspear, 2 slings, 40 bullets) Success
06[22:00] * Darenel looks over at what Valio has made
06[22:04] * Orzady tries to lay down and not aggrivating his injuries again
[22:04] <@GWRD> The group apparently makes camp on the beach, and proceeds to start resting and crafting for the rest of the day.
[22:05] <Darenel> (i guess we are camping in the open here)
[22:05] <Valio> “I'm still going to need more time to finish these weapons. A full day of crafting would probably suffice. If other people want to scout out the place while I work tomorrow?” [22:06] <Darenel> “This would also give us some time to heal up.” 06[22:06] * Valio nods.
[22:06] <Valio> “That as well.” [22:07] <@GWRD> The rest of the day passes quietly, until dusk arrives.
[22:07] <Darenel> (here we go)
06[22:08] * @Ptolamir sits and watches the sky.
[22:08] <@GWRD> As dusk arrives you start hearing little screechy noises from the treeline.
06[22:08] * Darenel looks towards the jungle searching for the source of the noise
[22:09] <@GWRD> (Perception)
[22:09] <Valio> 1d20+5
[22:09] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d20(8)+5]: 13
[22:09] <Darenel> 1d20+8
[22:09] <TolBot> [Darenel's 1d20(19)+8]: 27
[22:10] <@GWRD> Darenel, you see a band of 4 monkeys at the edge of the jungle staring at your camp.
[22:10] <Darenel> ( do they look agitated or just curious or are the too far to see whet they are up to)
[22:11] <Orzady> (the first one of you coughs gets dragged out to the riptide)
[22:11] <Darenel> “There are 4 monkeys at the tree line watching us!” [22:12] <@GWRD> They look curious to you.
06[22:13] * Valio mumbles. “wish I'd paid more attention to the village crafters…” 11[22:13] <@Theon_Tokko> (keyboard is fucked up, tray released and it took a tumble)
[22:13] <Orzady> (just admit it, you're drunk)
11[22:13] <@Theon_Tokko> (no, beyond pissed right now)
[22:15] <Darenel> (a silly question, could i try to talk to those monkeys if i know Sylvan , it says its language of woodland creatures)
11[22:15] <@Theon_Tokko> (Right Shift + 9 doesn't work, but the rest does…)
[22:15] <Valio> “are we planning to spend a day gathering intelligence and making weapons tomorrow or am I continuing to build this shortspear on the move?” [22:17] <@GWRD> (You could try, but you know Monkey's don't speak Sylvan. That's more the intelligent good woodland creatures, like Fairies, Elves, Pixies, Trogdor, and Dryads.)
06[22:17] * @Ptolamir looks at Valio, “i defer to those without equipment.“ [22:17] <@Ptolamir> “I am as ready today as I will be tomorrow.” [22:17] <Darenel> (never mind then, i will just keep an eye on them in case they decide to attack)
[22:18] <Orzady> “I'll go tomorrow if I can get a full night of sleep tonight.” [22:18] <@GWRD> The youngest looking monkey looks like it's slowly trying to sneak it's way down the embankment towards your camp.
06[22:18] * Darenel alerts the others to the monkey business
06[22:19] * @Ptolamir watches the monkey.
11[22:19] <@Theon_Tokko> (just really odd.. Right Shift + any other key works.. Right Shift + 9 doesn't…)
[22:19] <Shaddow> (is the 9 stuck?)
[22:19] <@GWRD> The monkey catches on that he's attracted extra attention, and rushes back towards the treeline.
11[22:20] <@Theon_Tokko> (No, because Left Shift + 9 works…)
[22:20] <Orzady> (That's weird…too bad it wasn't the escape key – I would have bought it off you)
[22:20] <Valio> (there's no escape!!!)
[22:20] <Shaddow> (sorry whelp)
11[22:20] <@Theon_Tokko> (What pisses me off is that its my G15)
[22:21] <Darenel> (if i had an hour i could memorize speak with animals spell,but its too late for that)
06[22:22] * Valio heals theon once more before settling in for the night.
[22:22] <Valio> 1d8+2
[22:22] <TolBot> [Valio's 1d8(2)+2]: 4
[22:22] <@GWRD> (Plan for the evening?)
[22:22] <Orzady> (sleep, heal)
[22:22] <@GWRD> (Watches?)
[22:22] <Darenel> (first or second whichever is needed)
11[22:22] <@Theon_Tokko> (There we go, it jus' needed some hard loving)
[22:23] <Valio> (Theon, +4hps)
06[22:23] * Valio yawns. “Wake me for morning watch.” 06[22:24] * @Ptolamir rests.
06[22:28] * Darenel still keeps an eye on the Monkey getting closer to the camp
[22:28] <@GWRD> The monkey's pester your camp until a little before midnight, trying to steal food and anything shiny they can get their hands on. While they don't get away with anything, it does make the first two watches annoying
[22:29] <Orzady> (Do the monkeys complain about possibly getting human pox?)
[22:29] <@GWRD> (Just cooties)
[22:30] <Orzady> (I see a monkey show up in a hazmat suit, I'm done.)
11[22:30] <@Theon_Tokko> (or unfed.. wait, Zionia isn't here)
[22:31] <@GWRD> The 29th new day rises on the island, and you've managed to survive another night on the island.
06[22:32] * Valio makes coffee as usual, then begins his crafting for the day.
[22:33] <@GWRD> (+2 hps, +1 to each lost attribute)
06[22:34] * @Ptolamir stretches and reads in his spell book.
[22:34] <@GWRD> The day is off to a quiet calm start, though slightly muggy, as you settle into your morning routines as… [22:35] <@GWRD> This session comes to a close for the night.

campaigns/sfss/session_35_-_10-12-2014_-_untitled.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/05 02:33 by ryubasteon