Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_52_-_5-5-2019

[19:32] <DM_ToA> Previously, on “Tomb of Annihilation” – braving the Temple of the Nine Gods, our explorers have descended to the bottom to destroy the artifact called The Soulforge. Surviving mad tabaxi, stone wagons and golems, our band comes across a shifting gear puzzle and ponderous choices to be made. Join us, now as we see what will happen next, as “Tomb of Annhiliation” begins!
[19:32] * TolBot is now known as Stolanimus
[19:32] <DM_ToA> (happy spouse, you keep your house)
[19:33] * Magestar is now known as Ash-
[19:33] * Shaddow is now known as Miri
[19:33] <May> (wow I don't rememebr any of those things)
[19:34] <DM_ToA> Dylan – would you be able to send me the links for those pictures of the cog rooms?)
[19:34] <Miri> (i just made the notel ast week of 1 and then wait for a yell and then tol's character changes it to 5)
[19:35] <Stolanimus> ( huh? )
[19:35] <Miri> (shit tol, i missed seeing you there, hi)
[19:35] * May is now known as Kayalia
[19:35] <Stolanimus> ( https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&biw=1024&bih=460&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=SoHPXJeeMILksAX-tr7ABA&q=tomb+annihilation+cog+room&oq=tomb+annihilation+cog+room&gs_l=img.3...0.0..10653...0.0..0.0.0.......1......gws-wiz-img.bgccpWyUt28 )
[19:36] <Stolanimus> ( ^^ cog room images ^^ )
[19:36] <Dylan> (we decided to go like this : https://pasteboard.co/IdmKQoT.jpg , and have told climb along the outside right?)
[19:36] <Dylan> (1 then 3 I think along the gears)
[19:36] <@Ash→ ( https://pasteboard.co/IdmKQoT.jpg )
[19:36] <Kayalia> (you can walk through walls?)
[19:36] <Stolanimus> (we�re doing ash�s plan)
[19:37] <Dylan> (right , ashs plan)
[19:37] <Miri> (ash's plan, crap, right)
[19:38] <Miri> (brb)
[19:39] <Stolanimus> (which was 5, 1 3, right?)
[19:40] <@Ash→ (3,1,5)
[19:40] <Stolanimus> (yeah, that. lol)
[19:40] <Stolanimus> (aka, the leave-Stol-behind plan)
[19:41] <Dylan> (we already argued all of last week, i'm not doing that again)
[19:41] <DM_ToA> (“You're coming back, right” “Yeah, sure…whatever, man.” *door slam* “Guys?”)
[19:42] <Dylan> (you wan to go 3, 1 , 5 and head south, sure why not)
[19:43] <Miri> (back)
[19:43] <@Ash→ (Got to sneak out for a bit to pick up my mom, be back asap)
[19:43] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[19:43] * Ash- is now known as Ash-AFK
[19:44] <DM_ToA> (So – what are you all going to do?)
[19:44] <Miri> (what ever the group says)
[19:45] <Kayalia> (I'm a bit tired of this puzzle so I'll backseat a bit. Ash's plan is close to what I came up with originally, anyway)
[19:46] <DM_ToA> (I'm going to puppet Ash to get this going…)
[19:47] <Dylan> (ok)
[19:48] * Dylan gets up on the pedestal and turns the blue dial to three and hits the blue button
[19:48] <DM_ToA> Ash walks up to the control panel, studies the wall, then the controls. “Here's what going to happen. I'm going to set this for the thrid configuration.”
[19:48] * Stolanimus stands beside Dylan.
[19:48] <DM_ToA> Ash looks at Dylan
[19:48] <DM_ToA> “Or Dylan can do it.”
[19:48] * Dylan shrugs
[19:48] <Stolanimus> �After half a minute, I�ll move it to 1.�
[19:48] * Dylan nods
[19:49] <DM_ToA> Ash runs through the door down to the second cog room.
[19:49] <Stolanimus> �Go on to the next chamber.“
[19:49] * Dylan moves through the door into the second room
[19:49] * Kayalia shrugs and waltzes into the next chamber.
[19:49] * Miri follows
[19:49] * Stolanimus calls out, �Do you want me to then take you to 5? Or wait?�
[19:50] <Stolanimus> (there was debate about which y�all wanted. Something about exporing north area from the second chamber before going to 5)
[19:50] <Dylan> (yea thats what i wanted, to go north)
[19:51] <DM_ToA> Ash: “Everyone's here!”
[19:51] <Dylan> (harl provided us with this map - https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/960/ph24.jpg )
[19:52] * Stolanimus moves the blue dial to 1 an dpresses teh blue button.
[19:53] * Dylan moves to the third room once the stuff stops moving
[19:53] <DM_ToA> The rooms groan and shake as they twist. A room to the north and a hallway opens up.
[19:54] * Dylan looks arounds
[19:54] <Dylan> “North or south?”
[19:54] * Stolanimus looks around for any way out of the room out into the open air.
[19:54] <DM_ToA> (Anyone skirting on hte outside? Give me two either Athletics or Acrobatics checks, DC 15)
[19:55] <Dylan> (i dont think anyone is until its spider stol
[19:55] <Dylan> )
[19:55] <DM_ToA> (Stol – there is a enough of a gap for you to get outside of the room and crawl along the edges of the cogs)
[19:55] <DM_ToA> (Are you going to change into a spider?)
[19:56] <Stolanimus> ( Gap is like in the roof, or a window, or where the door opening is?)
[19:56] <DM_ToA> Where the doorway ends and the hall begins, there is a small gap leading outside of the rooms.
[19:57] <DM_ToA> (A skinny person can get through, or a Small creature)
[19:57] <Stolanimus> ( ok )
[19:57] * Stolanimus counts to 30 seconds after the rooms stop turning.
[19:57] <DM_ToA> The room grinds to a halt
[19:57] <Kayalia> “Were we going to the far east room, then, since we only have half a minute?” Or were we going to check north at some point?”
[19:58] * Kayalia looks up warily at the opening where the gargoyles came from before.
[19:59] <DM_ToA> Above you, Kayalia is silent.
[19:59] <Kayalia> (Good. Thats how I like above me to be.)
[20:02] * Stolanimus turns to 5 and presses the blue button.
[20:02] <Stolanimus> (We haven�t even tested the red button or the lever, have we?)
[20:03] <Dylan> (nope)
[20:03] <DM_ToA> The room shakes and groans again – the openings for the room to the north and the hallway for the northeast are closing in…
[20:03] <DM_ToA> 10
[20:03] <DM_ToA> 9
[20:03] <DM_ToA> 8
[20:03] <DM_ToA> 7
[20:04] <DM_ToA> 6
[20:04] <DM_ToA> 5
[20:04] <Kayalia> (?)
[20:04] <Stolanimus> (which room?)
[20:05] <Kayalia> (I bet the lever is a red herring and pulling it makes acid come out of those pipes or something)
[20:05] <Kayalia> (Cause this place is evil)
[20:05] <DM_ToA> (in the middle cog, there was a room open to the north and a hallway in the northeast that looks like it leads to another room)
[20:06] <Stolanimus> (so when I moed the blue dial to 5 and pushed the blue button, it didn�t rotate things? instead it made the walls start closing in?)
[20:06] <Kayalia> (well we told him change the config again after 30 sec.. we can't go north without getting stuck/trapped… we gotta wait for the coming thing and go east)
[20:06] <Stolanimus> (ah, ok� closing FROM the rotations)
[20:07] <DM_ToA> (right)
[20:07] <Dylan> (ok so what do we have now?)
[20:07] <DM_ToA> (https://itsmygamemyrules.wordpress.com/2018/08/17/gears-of-hate-toa/)
[20:07] <DM_ToA> (a link to show you all the permutations)
[20:08] <DM_ToA> (Right now, Stol has started the process to go from 1 to 5. He's going to try to crawl along the edges of the cogs to link up with you guys – right?)
[20:09] <Kayalia> (its already on 3?)
[20:09] <Dylan> ( i wanted to stop 3 or 1 and head north)
[20:09] <Kayalia> (err 1?)
[20:10] <Dylan> (this isnt really as hard as you guys are making it)
[20:10] <Stolanimus> (oh, were you counting down MY openings to the outside were closing as well?)
[20:10] <Stolanimus> (I asked� you never confirmed, so I went on to 5)
[20:10] <Stolanimus> (You should�ve been more assertive)
[20:10] <Dylan> (ok)
[20:11] <Stolanimus> (I�m truly just trying to do what I was told)
[20:11] * Dylan shouts Turn it back to 1
[20:11] <Stolanimus> (And the guy that told me, isn�t even here now. :P )
[20:11] <Stolanimus> (Do I hear that?)
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (It's all Ash's fault. Everything. Acerack is nothing more than a glorified pawn in Ash's grand scheme)
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (roll perception)
[20:12] <Kayalia> (I am confused now because I thought we were in the 30 sec after the first rotate but it seems we're on the period after the second rotate and then already starting the 3rd before we could react?
[20:12] <Kayalia> )
[20:12] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 perception
[20:12] <Stolanimus> 1d20
[20:12] <Dylan> (bot not loaded)
[20:12] <Stolanimus> (it�s dead. LoL)
[20:13] <Stolanimus> (rotfl)
[20:13] <DM_ToA> (and in the Soulforge…there is a ghostly d20 bouncing about)
[20:13] <Stolanimus> (cause I�m playing AS the bot)
[20:13] * Stolanimus is now known as TolBot
[20:13] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[20:13] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7
[20:13] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+7]: 15
[20:14] <DM_ToA> Stol – you hear “BACK TO 1!”
[20:14] * Stolanimus shrugs, and turnst he blue dial back to 1 and pushes the blue button.
[20:14] <DM_ToA> The room whine and shift grudginly back to their earlier position (config. 1)
[20:14] * Dylan waits until the the room is in the one position and shouts for Stol to join them
[20:15] <DM_ToA> Stol you hear: “JOIN US!”
[20:15] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[20:15] * Stolanimus looks for how wide the biggest hole is to exit.
[20:16] <Stolanimus> (ie. tiny or small or medium or large)
[20:18] * Kayalia stretches and looks around, hand resting on hip. “Where are we going…?”
[20:19] * Stolanimus looks for exits.
[20:21] <Stolanimus> (am I still connected?)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (wIDEST exit is large enough for a small creature)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (had to help with groceries)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (If you're going to skirt on the outside)
[20:22] <Dylan> (oh no Terres?)
[20:23] <DM_ToA> (He had to leave early)
[20:24] * Kayalia reaches into the sash around her waist until her fingers find the pommel of one of the magic daggers she posesses. The one that alarms her whenever there is trouble nearby. 'She thinks to herself, I wonder if this thing will ever warn me before the trouble shows up…'
[20:24] * Dylan waits for Stol
[20:25] <@Ash-AFK> (Back, and yes Acerack is my lackie)
[20:26] * Ash-AFK is now known as Ash-
[20:27] <DM_ToA> Stolaniwasp – as you fly out, confident your other hate-bees will carry out your plans – you feel something touch your mind out of curosity, like a feeling of fur carressing your scalp.
[20:27] <DM_ToA> As fast as it comes…it disappears with no ill effects.
[20:28] * Stolanimus is now known as Stolaniwasp
[20:29] <DM_ToA> Ash you see five wasps flying in formation dart into the cog room. Four of them land on a leaf and the fifth circles around the others.
[20:38] <@Ryu> (Logs are up to date now)
[20:30] <DM_ToA> Everyone is in the middle cog room – the one with the rampant vegetation.
[20:31] * Ash- looks at the Wasps curiously.
[20:32] <DM_ToA> Ahead of you is a room, to the northeast is a hallway.
[20:32] * @Stolaniwasp waves with a leg.
[20:32] * Dylan moves forward through the North Hall
[20:32] * Miri keeps her sword lit for now, and at the ready, just in case.
[20:34] <DM_ToA> Thick green gas billows out of skull-shaped nozzles set into the walls of this cramped room. A rotting corpse clad in studded leather armor lies on the floor, mouth open and hands grasping its throat. Wrapped around one of its arms is a yellow band.
[20:34] * Kayalia plans to sell the dagger.
[20:35] <DM_ToA> (“You're supposed to *warn* me of danger – not *be* the danger!”)
[20:35] * Kayalia draws her war fan immediately.
[20:36] <@Ash→ “Well that looks unpleasant.
[20:36] <DM_ToA> Dylan make a CON save, DC 13)
[20:36] * Kayalia will blow the gas away if it gets too close.
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (Oh, everyone make that CON save, DC 13 – Kayalia since you're going to use the war fan, everyone make the save with advantage)
[20:38] <Dylan> (dont forget to add for bieng close to paladin)
[20:38] <Dylan> (which is uhmm)
[20:38] <Miri> 1d20+7 adv DC13
[20:38] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(17, 2)+7 'adv DC13']: 24 (Success)
[20:39] <Kayalia> 1d20+1 adv dc 13
[20:39] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(11, 12)+1 'adv dc 13']: 13
[20:39] <Dylan> 1d20+4
[20:39] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+4]: 7
[20:40] <Dylan> (fail)
[20:40] <Miri> (adv dylan)
[20:40] <@Stolaniwasp> 1d20+2 adv dc13
[20:40] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(10, 14)+2 'adv dc13']: 16 (Success)
[20:40] <Miri> (at least i thought everyone got advantage)
[20:40] <Dylan> 1d20+4 adv
[20:40] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(8, 1)+4 'adv']: 12
[20:40] <Kayalia> (I just barely passed, thanks to that adv)
[20:41] <DM_ToA> 4d8
[20:41] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 4d8(????)]: 16
[20:41] <Dylan> (is this disease?)
[20:41] <@Ash→ 1d20-1 advantage
[20:41] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(15, 18)-1 'advantage']: 17
[20:41] <DM_ToA> Dylan takes 16 points of poison damage, everyone else takes 8)
[20:41] * Dylan coughs as he is poisoned
[20:41] <DM_ToA> Something rustles in the vegetation…
[20:43] * Ash- darts his eyes to the vegetation
[20:44] <DM_ToA> (thankfully, I can use the same map from the last enoucter)
[20:45] <Dylan> (wait)
[20:45] <Dylan> (im so confused)
[20:46] * Kayalia coughs and uses a healing charm on herself.
[20:46] <Dylan> (we went through all three of the rooms marked on the hex right?)
[20:46] <Kayalia> 1d8+3
[20:46] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d8(?)+3]: 7
[20:46] <DM_ToA> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (I put up the link for the impending combat)
[20:48] <@Ash→ “Uh guys…trouble!”
[20:49] * Miri grins “
[20:49] <Kayalia> “W-what?”
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (place yourselves on the map)
[20:49] * Kayalia wants to throw this dagger of warning into a hole.
[20:50] <Kayalia> (But I want because adv on inits and auto-wake up for night raids is still useful..)
[20:51] <DM_ToA> (Stol, Dylan – place yourselves on the map)
[20:52] <Kayalia> (won't*)
[20:52] <Kayalia> (what is a shambling?)
[20:52] <Miri> (pretty sure we are about to find out lol)
[20:53] * @Stolaniwasp continues to fly in the air.
[20:53] <DM_ToA> (oh, that's right, you're a wasp)
[20:54] <@Ash→ 1d20+5
[20:54] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)+5]: 13
[20:55] <DM_ToA> (Initative!)
[20:55] <Kayalia> (AFK.. laundry)
[20:55] <Kayalia> 1d20+5 adv
[20:55] <@Ash→ “Watch out for those 3 mounds, and don't use lightning on them or get anywhere close to them…unless you want to be eaten!”
[20:55] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(8, 2)+5 'adv']: 13
[20:55] <@Ash→ 1d20
[20:55] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)]: 6
[20:55] <@Stolaniwasp> 1d20+2
[20:55] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(?)+2]: 22 (Hurray)
[20:56] <Miri> 1d20 adv
[20:56] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(5, 11) 'adv']: 11
[20:56] <DM_ToA> Kayalia remembers she left some delicates soaking…at home…on another continent)
[20:56] <DM_ToA> 1d20-1
[20:56] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)-1]: 10
[20:56] <Kayalia> (yup literally)
[20:57] <DM_ToA> Dylan – init, please?)
[20:57] <Dylan> 1d20+4
[20:57] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+4]: 17
[20:57] <Dylan> (ah sorry i missed init call)
[20:58] <DM_ToA> (that's ok)
[20:58] <DM_ToA> Init: Stolaniwasp, Dylan Kayalia & Mounds & Miri & Ash
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (ROUND ONE)
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (Stolaniwasp)
[20:59] <@Stolaniwasp> (I have no idea what we init�d for)
[20:59] <Dylan> (same)
[20:59] <Dylan> (i have no idea whats going on)
[20:59] <@Stolaniwasp> (is it that the vegetation moved?)
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (3 shambling mounds are aggresively moving towards you)
[21:00] <@Ash→ “Watch out for those 3 mounds, and don't use lightning on them or get anywhere close to them…unless you want to be eaten!”
[21:00] <Dylan> (but did we go to the third hexagonal room and go north, or go to the second hexagonal room and go north?)
[21:00] * @Stolaniwasp feels no threat from the mounds� will hold an attack until one attacks a mate.
[21:00] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:01] <Dylan> (and if we went north, how are we entering on the northern side of this room)
[21:01] <Dylan> (im so confused)
[21:02] <Kayalia> (Delicates successfully switched over to the dryer)
[21:03] <DM_ToA> (You are in the second hex room. There was a room to the north and the northeastern hallway. Dylan went to the northern room and that triggered the shambling mounds and the gas.)
[21:03] <Dylan> ([17:53] * Dylan moves to the third room once the stuff stops moving)
[21:04] <Kayalia> (we entered on the west side not the northern side)
[21:04] <Dylan> (thats why im so confused, i was under the impression we were in the third hexagonal room)
[21:04] <Kayalia> (no Dylan you never made it into the 3rd room. Trying to go there triggered a trap)
[21:05] <DM_ToA> (I was under the impression someone wanted to examine the north room)
[21:05] <Kayalia> (we're still in the 2nd room. The northern room was a trap, just opens up and lets gas out and there's nothing in there I think. like a closet full of gas)
[21:06] <DM_ToA> (There was a body, but I think he can wait…)
[21:06] <@Stolaniwasp> (I thought we i met them in the third room over too)
[21:07] <DM_ToA> (ok – we can skip to the third room. Sorry – I thought someone wanted to look into the northern room.)
[21:07] <Kayalia> (yeah this is all pretty confusing on IRC instead of IRL)
[21:07] <Miri> (so none of us took damage then? and we aren't about to fight?)
[21:07] <DM_ToA> (this game wasn't made for this set up in mind to be honest, but we gotta work with what we have)
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (No – go on ahead and reverse that damage. You rush through to the third cog.)
[21:08] <Dylan> (its np, it's just we weren't on the same page so i was really confused)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> (on to the third cog)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> Five teak wardrobes stand against the ironclad walls of this chamber, each with a door bearing a carved image or scene. Puddles of gray slime cover parts of the floor. The room has two exits, including an adamantine portcullis blocking a passage to the north. Set into a metal plate above the portcullis is a row of five red crystals shaped like drops of blood.
[21:09] * Dylan points to the north
[21:09] <Dylan> “Lets go that way”
[21:10] * Kayalia retcons spell slot usage
[21:10] <DM_ToA> You approach the porticullis. There is no mechanism or lock to it.
[21:11] * Ash- goes to work using Sacred Flame on the slime, like he has in other rooms.
[21:12] <DM_ToA> The bars are a scant four inches apart
[21:12] * Miri moves to the south east exit and takes a look, making sure she stays away from the slime.
[21:12] <DM_ToA> The slimes bubbles and spits, eventually breaking down.
[21:12] * Kayalia raps the back of her hand against the wardrobe nearest herself. “Held up surprisingly well given the rest of this place…“
[21:13] * Miri moves a bit down the hall, to where she saw the turn to the right.
[21:14] <DM_ToA> The wardrobe sounds hollow as you rap upon it, Kayalia.
[21:15] * Kayalia peeks inside it carefully
[21:18] <Dylan> (ok sorry)
[21:18] <Dylan> (i was distracted)
[21:18] <Dylan> “Ok…“
[21:18] <DM_ToA> (there are five there, which one? clockwise one through five)
[21:18] <Dylan> “Wait!”
[21:18] * Dylan stops Kay
[21:19] <Dylan> “Let Terres use his magical hand thingy to open those!”
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (sorry, she said she opened it. I just need a number 1 through 5)
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (or I can be random)
[21:20] <Dylan> (random is fine, lets just do it)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> 1d5
[21:20] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d5(?)]: 3
[21:21] <DM_ToA> This door is carved to depict the face of an ornate clock. Enormous interlocking gears and cogs stretch as far as you can see. Suddenly, a spherical construct with spindly legs and small wings tumbles through the open doorway.
[21:21] <Kayalia> “Oh, well, whatever is near where we came in, prolly)
[21:21] <@Ash→ “What the heck is that thing?”
[21:23] * Dylan hits it with his sword
[21:23] <DM_ToA> The creature wobbles and tries to stand up…
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (roll to hit, Dylan you bully)
[21:23] <Kayalia> (the wardrove is empty maybe?)
[21:23] <Dylan> 1d20+9
[21:23] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+9]: 17
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (nope – you see endless clockworks)
[21:23] <Kayalia> (ohhh inside the wardrobe is clockworks?)
[21:24] <Dylan> 1d20+9
[21:24] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+9]: 16
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (that hits, Dylan…you meanie)
[21:24] <Kayalia> (and the ball thing came from where..?)
[21:24] <Dylan> 6d6+9
[21:24] <TolBot> Dylan's 6d6(??????)+9]: 31
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (inside the wardrobe)
[21:24] * Kayalia looks around the world of gears with wonder. “Huh.”
[21:24] <DM_ToA> The round clockwork thing explodes into glittering shards that soon disappear.
[21:25] <DM_ToA> One of the red crystals lights up.
[21:25] <Dylan> “Ooh that looks good, open another”
[21:25] <Kayalia> “My word, what might that have been?”
[21:25] <DM_ToA> The warddrobe disappears.
[21:25] <@Ash→ “Hopefully crystals lighting up is good and not bad.”
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (1,2,4,5)
[21:25] * Kayalia is taken aback by the disappeating wardrobe
[21:25] * Miri walks back into the main room area.
[21:26] * Dylan opens #1
[21:26] <DM_ToA> The scene on this door depicts an army of orcs clashing with an army of hobgoblins.
[21:27] <DM_ToA> Dust and smoke billow from the wardrobe, and the air around you sounds out with the roar of battle. Beyond the doors, armies fight under a blood-red sky that has an iron cube floating in it like a huge, distant moon. Clouds of ash suddenly fly out of the wardrobe, transforming into screaming orcs before your eyes.
[21:27] <Dylan> (how many?)
[21:27] <Miri> “i leave for two minutes and you guys summon an army without me? How rude”
[21:27] * Kayalia draws her weapon.
[21:28] <@Ash→ “Um, he's sorry?”
[21:28] <DM_ToA> 1 big one, seven regulars
[21:29] <DM_ToA> (Initative!)
[21:29] <Miri> 1d20 adv
[21:29] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(9, 19) 'adv']: 19
[21:29] <Dylan> 1d20+5
[21:29] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+5]: 19
[21:29] <Kayalia> (Oh uhh ahhh I just remembered. what happened to our ras nsi guards? did they die?)
[21:29] <Dylan> (ran away at some point)
[21:29] <@Ash→ 1d20
[21:29] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)]: 15
[21:30] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1
[21:30] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+1]: 19
[21:32] <@Stolaniwasp> 1d20+2
[21:32] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(?)+2]: 6
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (Why die for heretics when you can live for the True God and Master?)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (Kayalia?)
[21:33] <Kayalia> (what sorry I was spacing out)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (roll init, please)
[21:33] <Kayalia> 1d20+5 adv
[21:33] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(9, 20)+5 'adv']: 25 (Most impressive.)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (Jeez)
[21:34] <Kayalia> (Time to assassinate)
[21:34] <DM_ToA> (init: Kayalia Dylan Ash Miri Orcs (if they should live that long), Stol)
[21:35] <DM_ToA> (putting up map
[21:36] <Kayalia> (uhh yeah they'll live to have a turn… there's a lot of them)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435
[21:37] <Miri> (which one is the big one?)
[21:37] <@Ash→ (I'm going with “Orc Chief”)
[21:37] <Kayalia> (chief prolly)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (Orc Chief)
[21:38] <Miri> (oh i didn't see that, was scrolled down too low, weird)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> (ROUND ONE! FIGHT!)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> (Kayalia)
[21:38] <Kayalia> :
[21:39] * Kayalia assassinates orc 5
[21:39] <DM_ToA> (roll it)
[21:39] <Kayalia> 1d20+9 adv
[21:39] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(5, 5)+9 'adv']: 14
[21:39] <Kayalia> (gosh)
[21:40] * Kayalia draws dagger and offhand attacks.
[21:40] <DM_ToA> Your war fan skitters off the hardened hide armor.
[21:40] <Kayalia> 1d20+7 adv
[21:40] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(19, 6)+7 'adv']: 26
[21:40] <DM_ToA> (hit!)
[21:41] <Kayalia> 1d4
[21:41] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d4(?)]: 2
[21:41] <Kayalia> 3d6
[21:41] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(???)]: 9
[21:41] <Kayalia> (11 damage I guess)
[21:41] <Kayalia> (better than nothing)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> Your knife sinks in and the orc roars and casts a bloody gaze at you.
[21:42] <Kayalia> (next lvl I get offhand ability mod so there's that. yay.)
[21:42] <DM_ToA> Dylan Ash and Miri)
[21:42] * Dylan moves up to Orc Chief Muttering misery and attacks twice
[21:42] <Dylan> 2#1d20+9
[21:42] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+9]: 17
[21:42] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+9]: 25
[21:43] <Dylan> (how many hits?)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (2)
[21:43] <Dylan> 3d6+5
[21:43] <TolBot> Dylan's 3d6(???)+5]: 20
[21:43] <Dylan> (still up?)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (yes…and not happy)
[21:43] <Dylan> (still up?)
[21:43] <Dylan> 3d6+5
[21:43] <TolBot> Dylan's 3d6(???)+5]: 10
[21:44] <DM_ToA> Dylan's blows hammer on the orc chief – but the orcs choose their leaders by strength, not luck.
[21:45] <DM_ToA> Ash and/or Miri)
[21:45] * Miri will rage and then use her full 40 feet of movement to get between orc chief and orc 1 without provoking any aoo's, and then will take reckless attacks, one against the chief, and one against orc 1.
[21:45] <Miri> (chief is still up, right?)
[21:45] * Ash- casts a spell that causes spikes to errupt from the ground…
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[21:45] <@Ash→ (Spike Growth - he ground in a 20-foot radius centered on a point within range twists and sprouts hard spikes and thorns. The area becomes difficult terrain for the duration. When a creature moves into or within the area, it takes 2d4 piercing damage for every 5 feet it travels.)
[21:45] <Miri> (damn it hang on, ash just fucked up where i wanted to move to)
[21:46] <@Ash→ (I'm good at doing that)
[21:46] <DM_ToA> (Oh, I thought it was you spilling hte blood of your enemies…)
[21:46] <Miri> (cancil my action)
[21:46] <@Ash→ (Oh I am, because they are all going to take damage if they try to move in that area)
[21:47] <Miri> (is wat i get for having it typed up ahead of time to try and save time :P)
[21:47] * Miri will rage and then move to between orc 7 and 5 and take one reckless attack at each of them.
[21:47] <@Ash→ (Sorry, I had the same plan, and my name was first on the init list he posted)
[21:47] <Miri> (is cool)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> Miri starts to move forward, her gaze already turning red-rimmed, when Ash points at the ground and spike shoot up, gnarled and sharp. Miri catched herself and waits a second.
[21:48] <Miri> 1d20+7 adv orc 7
[21:48] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(20, 17)+7 'adv orc 7']: 27 (Perfect!)
[21:48] <Miri> 1d20+7 adv orc 5
[21:48] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(5, 13)+7 'adv orc 5']: 20
[21:48] <DM_ToA> (both hit, one critical)
[21:48] <Miri> 4d6+6 slashing orc 7
[21:48] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(????)+6 'slashing orc 7']: 19
[21:48] <Miri> 4d6 fire orc 7
[21:48] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(????) 'fire orc 7']: 14
[21:49] <Miri> (so 33 to orc 7)
[21:49] <Miri> 2d6+6 slashing orc 5
[21:49] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(??)+6 'slashing orc 5']: 14
[21:49] <Miri> 2d6 fire orc 5
[21:49] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(??) 'fire orc 5']: 6
[21:49] <Miri> (20 to orc 5)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> The body splits, the stumps sputtering greasy black smoke.
[21:50] <DM_ToA> Orc 5 gets his gut filled with steel, and pitches forward as his spine isnapped.
[21:52] <DM_ToA> (rolling damamge)
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 4d4 Orc 1
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 4d4(????) 'Orc 1']: 8
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 4d4 Orc 2
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 4d4(????) 'Orc 2']: 10
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 4d4 Orc 3
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 4d4(????) 'Orc 3']: 10
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 4d4 Orc 4
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 4d4(????) 'Orc 4']: 11
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 4d4 Orc 6
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 4d4(????) 'Orc 6']: 6
[21:53] <@Ash→ (yessss… bleed for me)
[21:53] <Miri> (if they attack me, they have advantage )
[21:54] <DM_ToA> The orcs – driven by the madness of Grummish One-Eye – rush forward, heedless of the pain.
[21:54] <Dylan> (one eye? is that some sort of bedroom thing?)
[21:54] <DM_ToA> The Orc Chief rears back his head and bellows: “FOR GRUMMISH! FOR THE ONE-EYE!”
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (Starting with Kayalia)
[21:55] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 adv
[21:55] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(5, 11)+5 'adv']: 16
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (hit?)
[21:55] <Kayalia> (advantage? D:)
[21:56] <DM_ToA> 1d12+3
[21:56] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d12(?)+3]: 10
[21:56] * Kayalia reacts with defensive duelist
[21:56] <Kayalia> (⇒ 20 AC against that attack)
[21:56] <DM_ToA> (where is that?)
[21:57] <Kayalia> (thats a feat I have)
[21:57] <Kayalia> (if I have a finnese weapon in hand I can use reaction to add proficiency bonus to AC for the attack)
[21:57] <DM_ToA> Roaring, sending flecks of spittle in your direction – the orc swings with his greataxe, but only parts the air above you.
[21:57] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:57] <Miri> (for your attack? or to block the attack?)
[21:57] <Kayalia> (to deflect a single attack)
[21:58] <Miri> (ok)
[21:58] <Kayalia> (its a mini shield spell)
[21:58] <Kayalia> (unlike shield it doesn't stay up till my next turn :<)
[21:58] <DM_ToA> Miri is next)
[21:58] <Miri> (advantage against me)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> 1d20+6 adv
[21:59] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(5, 3)+6 'adv']: 11
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (that one misses)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> 1d20+6 adv
[21:59] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(5, 16)+6 'adv']: 22
[21:59] <Kayalia> (they had adv against me for some reason)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> 1d12+3
[21:59] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d12(?)+3]: 5
[21:59] <Kayalia> (maybe they're barbarian raging too)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (pfft – Grummish does not favor the weak…TolBot)
[21:59] <Miri> (5 halved is 3?)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:00] <Miri> (k)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> 1d20+6 adv
[22:00] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(19, 17)+6 'adv']: 25
[22:00] <DM_ToA> 1d12+3
[22:00] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d12(?)+3]: 13
[22:00] <Miri> (so 7?)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> One orc swing and misses, but in the dodge the other two catch you unawares.
[22:00] <DM_ToA> (yep)
[22:00] <Miri> (k)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 adv
[22:01] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(7, 8)+5 'adv']: 13
[22:01] <Dylan> (attacking me or its my turn?)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (attacking you)
[22:01] <Dylan> (misses)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> The chief grins and swings his bloody axe at you…
[22:02] <DM_ToA> 1d20+6 adv
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(19, 10)+6 'adv']: 25
[22:02] <DM_ToA> 1d12+4+1d8
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d12(?)+4+1d8(5)]: 20
[22:02] <DM_ToA> … and it crunches through armor and bites into the flesh.
[22:03] <DM_ToA> (Stol – buzz forth with victory!)
[22:03] * @Stolaniwasp and his swarm attack the orcs from above.
[22:03] <Dylan> (20 damage to me?)
[22:03] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:04] <DM_ToA> (let me see what damage a wasp does)
[22:04] <@Stolaniwasp> 1d20+5 sting Orc 4
[22:04] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(?)+5 'sting Orc 4']: 21
[22:04] <@Stolaniwasp> 1d6+3 piercing and DC11 con save poison
[22:04] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d6(?)+3 'piercing and DC11 con save poison']: 8
[22:06] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3 Con
[22:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3 'Con']: 10
[22:06] <@Stolaniwasp> 3d6 poison
[22:06] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 3d6(???) 'poison']: 11
[22:06] * @Stolaniwasp sends the other 4 wasps each to another mundane orc
[22:06] <DM_ToA> The orc's face and throat swell suddenly – he falls to the ground wheezing.
[22:07] <@Stolaniwasp> 4#1d20+5 against Orc 1, 2, 3 & 6
[22:07] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(?)+5 ' against Orc 1, 2, 3 & 6']: 22
[22:07] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(?)+5 ' against Orc 1, 2, 3 & 6']: 14
[22:07] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(?)+5 ' against Orc 1, 2, 3 & 6']: 21
[22:07] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d20(?)+5 ' against Orc 1, 2, 3 & 6']: 16
[22:07] <DM_ToA> (all but 2 are hit)
[22:07] <DM_ToA> (sorry wrong stat – all are hit)
[22:08] <@Stolaniwasp> 4#1d6+2 piercing
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d6(?)+2 'piercing ']: 8
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d6(?)+2 'piercing ']: 7
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d6(?)+2 'piercing ']: 7
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 1d6(?)+2 'piercing ']: 4
[22:08] <@Stolaniwasp> (and now poison, DC11 to half this)
[22:08] <@Stolaniwasp> 4#3d6 poison
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 3d6(???) 'poison']: 11
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 3d6(???) 'poison']: 13
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 3d6(???) 'poison']: 9
[22:08] <TolBot> [Stolaniwasp's 3d6(???) 'poison']: 7
[22:08] <DM_ToA> 4#1d20+3 DC 11
[22:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3 'DC 11']: 7
[22:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3 'DC 11']: 20
[22:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3 'DC 11']: 6
[22:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3 'DC 11']: 20
[22:09] <Kayalia> (dang that bee swarm is hella effective…)
[22:09] <@Stolaniwasp> (ahem� wasps, if you please)
[22:09] <Kayalia> (4d6 x 5 every turn? damn)
[22:09] <DM_ToA> Who knew Orcs were allergic to wasps? Clearly Grummish – but any way to cull the weak is a good one.
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (ROUND 2 [jeebus…])
[22:10] <@Stolaniwasp> (I think that�s Orc1, 19hps; Orc2 13hps; Orc3 16hps; Orc6 7hps)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (HP was 15 all around)
[22:11] <DM_ToA> (Kayalia)
[22:11] <Kayalia> (are all dead…? their icons are all missing from the map..)
[22:11] <DM_ToA> (zombies are tougher than orcs? W.T.F?)
[22:11] <Miri> (chief is still up)
[22:11] <Dylan> (orc chief)
[22:11] <@Stolaniwasp> �Bzzzzzzzz!�
[22:11] <DM_ToA> (Yes, all that;s left is the chief – kill him while “Supermanic Soul” is playing)
[22:11] * Kayalia attacks the chief, then.
[22:12] <Kayalia> 1d20+9
[22:12] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+9]: 23
[22:12] <Miri> (ummmm wait)
[22:12] <Miri> (if kay moves there she will take damage)
[22:12] <Dylan> (from what?)
[22:12] <@Ash→ (Spike Growth)
[22:12] <Kayalia> (oh, I will?)
[22:12] <Dylan> (the cloud)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> (2d4 for every five feet traveled)
[22:13] <Miri> (the red area is a spell of spike groth)
[22:13] <Dylan> (yea just use crossbow for sneak attack
[22:13] <Dylan> )
[22:13] <@Ash→ (I cast Spike Growth my last turn and makred up the whole area)
[22:13] <Kayalia> (I can get to the tile northeast of chief in 30 movement)
[22:14] <Dylan> (was 23 a hit?)
[22:14] <Kayalia> (@DM : 23 to hit)
[22:14] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:14] <Kayalia> 4d6+5
[22:14] <TolBot> Kayalia's 4d6(????)+5]: 17
[22:15] <Kayalia> (it should be 22 actually, I have +8 to hit not +9)
[22:15] <Kayalia> 1d20+7 offhand why not
[22:15] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+7 'offhand why not']: 26
[22:15] <DM_ToA> The bolt strikes the orc in an exposed limb, It just looks down and sneers. “I bleed for my god…and you will bleed for yours.”
[22:15] <Kayalia> (not a bolt)
[22:15] <Kayalia> 1d4
[22:15] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d4(?)]: 4
[22:15] <Kayalia> so 21 damage
[22:17] <DM_ToA> The orc grunts as you slam the blade into his exposed stomach.
[22:17] <DM_ToA> Dylan Ash Miri)
[22:17] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[22:17] <DM_ToA> (AC 16 hits, btw)
[22:18] * Ash- casts Sacred Flame (DEX 14)
[22:19] * Dylan hits at the chief twice
[22:19] * Miri will move and take two reckless attacks against the chief. “God's don't live here.”
[22:19] <Dylan> 2#1d20+9
[22:19] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+9]: 19
[22:19] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+9]: 28
[22:19] <Dylan> 6d6+10
[22:19] <TolBot> Dylan's 6d6(??????)+10]: 33
[22:19] <Miri> 2#1d20+7 adv
[22:19] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(7, 4)+7 'adv']: 14
[22:19] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(9, 3)+7 'adv']: 16
[22:20] <Miri> 2d6+6 slashing
[22:20] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(??)+6 'slashing']: 12
[22:20] <Miri> 2d6 fire
[22:20] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(??) 'fire']: 3
[22:21] <Miri> (so 48 total damage from Dylan and i and a dex save of 14 from the chief is needed?)
[22:21] <Dylan> (i think he's dead Jim)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (You grab his tricorder, Jim. I'll get his wallet)
[22:23] <DM_ToA> Miri and Dlan descend on him, blades darting in and out like angry hummingbirds…
[22:23] <DM_ToA> The wardrobe disappears and the second crystal lights up.
[22:23] <Miri> (my blade's name is marshmallow, thank you very much. :P)
[22:24] * Ash- burns the body with radiant flames… for good measure?
[22:24] <Miri> (are we calling it here for the night?)
[22:24] <DM_ToA> (yeah…because one fight is going to require strategy…)
[22:25] <Dylan> (so do we want to go for a third one or call it a night?
[22:25] <Dylan> )
[22:25] <DM_ToA> As the orc flesh burns and smells like old roast beef, we conclude this episode of “Tomb of Anhilation”!

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_52_-_5-5-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/05/12 17:47 by ryubasteon