Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_51_-_4-28-2019

[20:08] <DM_ToA> When last we left our intrepid gang – they have come to the bottom of the temple of the Forgotten Gods. While exploring the ruin, gargoyles were summoned and pushed our adventurers back into a hexagonal room. What sublime horrors await? Come join this episode of “Tomb of Anhiliation” and see what unfolds!
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (ready?)
[20:11] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimu
[20:11] <Miri> (ready)
[20:11] * Stolanimu is now known as Stolachnoid
[20:11] * Terres looks back towards the room with gargoyls to make sure they are not following
[20:12] <DM_ToA> The gargoyles have left.
[20:12] * Miri keeps looking towards the door, sword drawn and ready just in case. “so that was fun.”
[20:14] <Terres> “So should we try again and hope the gargoyls dont attack again ?”
[20:14] <Dylan> “Oh very fun, so fun I think we probably need to rest”
[20:14] <Dylan> “No, I think we should continue on this level”
[20:14] <Terres> “I think we need to heal up”
[20:14] <+May> (I remember we ran away with tails between our legs?)
[20:14] <Dylan> (long rest?)
[20:15] <Terres> ( yeah i think the meat shields got pretty much shredded)
[20:15] * May is now known as Kayalia
[20:15] <Miri> (yes, we did and we talked about a long rest but hadn't as yet taken one)
[20:15] <Terres> (even i am at half hp)
[20:15] <Dylan> (where are we again ? are in in the first room i discovered or the second room?)
[20:15] <DM_ToA> (second room – no one has gone into this one, yet.)
[20:15] * Kayalia huffs and leans against a wall. She then turns over the “Dagger of Warning” in her hand, looking it over, while mulling over some things.
[20:16] <Miri> (i'm ok, but i think terres and at least one other were very close to passing out, or had passed out)
[20:16] <Dylan> (ok lets long rest)
[20:16] <DM_ToA> Ash was out)
[20:16] <DM_ToA> (since Mage is not here…)
[20:16] <Dylan> (i can LoH Ash and then we can long rest)
[20:16] * Terres finds a corner to settle down
[20:17] <DM_ToA> An acidic stench fills this pentagonal chamber, which has two exits. The walls are covered with riveted sheets of iron, and the pockmarked stone floor has a large puddle of gray slime in the middle of it. Friezes along each wall just beneath the ceiling depict five black dragons.
[20:17] <Kayalia> (long rest is all hp/die back?)
[20:17] <Dylan> (yea)
[20:17] <Kayalia> (I have the song of rest feature for short rests…)
[20:17] * Miri looks around the room after a moment, “umm…perhaps we shouldn't rest here.”
[20:17] <Kayalia> (not much use beyond that.)
[20:18] <Dylan> (can i get a map of where we are?)
[20:18] <Terres> (i have aspect of the moon, i no longer need to sleep)
[20:19] <Kayalia> “I do feel quite feel as though I was pushing my luck back there… perhaps a plan in addition to rest?”
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (map coming up)
[20:20] <Dylan> “I think we should stay on this level”
[20:20] <Terres> (long rest is half your hit diece back i think)
[20:20] <Miri> (dnd beyond calculates that all for you, just sayin)
[20:20] <Miri> (also…#votewithyourjohnson :P)
[20:21] <Dylan> (lyndon johnson?)
[20:21] <Miri> (ashley johnson actually, it's a joke that really only harl will get )
[20:23] <DM_ToA> (got it – sorry, my computer is slowing down for some odd reason)
[20:24] <DM_ToA> (what the heck, man?)
[20:24] <Miri> (not it!)
[20:25] <DM_ToA> (here – let me use this: https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/925/515a.jpg)
[20:25] <DM_ToA> (Sorry, I don't know what's going on, but it's taking way to long to get to imgur)
[20:27] <Dylan> (you should try that other site)
[20:27] <Dylan> (https://pasteboard.co/)
[20:28] * Kayalia will rest for up to 8 hours, should they be afforded that much time.
[20:28] <Dylan> (ok we are in that second hexagonal space)
[20:29] <Dylan> (?)
[20:29] <DM_ToA> (the one on the left)
[20:30] <DM_ToA> (dang it…)
[20:30] <Dylan> (ok so short rest and then move on to the left in that map?)
[20:30] <Dylan> (sorry long rest)
[20:31] <Terres> ( i will jsut follow the group and then find a spot to rest)
[20:31] <Dylan> (we can forward through the rest and start moving forward)
[20:33] <Miri> (long rest works for me)
[20:34] <Terres> (as long as we settle in which room we are resting, i vote not the room with the gargoyle shaft)
[20:34] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (ok – think we're better now)
[20:37] <Miri> (wb)
[20:38] <DM_ToA> (So – you're in the left most hexagonal room – the acid one, right and you're going to take a long rest)
[20:39] <Dylan> (lets move into the next room with the two skulls)
[20:39] * Terres examines the room before settling down to rest
[20:40] <Dylan> (yes, we are going to stay away from the acid and long rest here)
[20:40] <DM_ToA> (ok – long rest goes on without event)
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (anyone needing to roleplay – feel free)
[20:41] * Dylan rests and awakens ready to go
[20:41] * Miri gets up and gets ready to go as well.
[20:42] <DM_ToA> (ok – there is a doorway in the northwest corner)
[20:43] * Dylan heads to the northwest passage with the party
[20:43] <Terres> (hmm where did the long rest button go, it was at the top just a minute ago)
[20:43] * Kayalia finishes up a murky and inconclusive tarrot reading
[20:44] <Kayalia> (not above hp/inspiration?)
[20:44] * Magestar (TheNighting@sorcery-1d9lp3.nh.comcast.net) has joined #grovewood
[20:44] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Magestar
[20:44] * Magestar is now known as Ash-
[20:44] <Terres> (had to rload the page, all the buttons up there were gone)
[20:44] <Miri> (hi mage, we just took a long rest)
[20:45] <Kayalia> “So the plan is to just press on, and worry about whether or not we need to pass through that room on the way back later?” Kaya says as she tilts her head slightly toward the room they narrowly escaped from.
[20:46] <@Ash→ (Long rest noted)
[20:46] <Dylan> “Hopefully survive whatever is ahead”
[20:46] <Kayalia> “If we're lucky there may be a better route to exit from than the way we came.”
[20:46] <Terres> (we didnt trigger the gargoyles in the room, i think Stol triggered them when he climbed to an upper level in the shaft)
[20:47] <Terres> (also didnt we come from the southern coridor through the green room?)
[20:47] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (having to re-opn everything on my Chromebook…friggin windows)
[20:50] * Terres searches the room before moving on
[20:51] <DM_ToA> You see a shattered skeleton. The head has a hexagonal peg on hte back like the others you've collected.
[20:51] * Miri will grab the skull of this skeleton as well
[20:52] <@Stolachnoid> �There were four gargoyle statues, and they attacked when my spider form walked through the room.�
[20:52] * Stolachnoid is now known as Stolanimus
[20:52] <Kayalia> Maybe the lich doesn't like spiders?“
[20:52] <Kayalia> “Maybe the lich doesn't like spiders?”
[20:52] * Stolanimus shrugs.
[20:53] * Terres looks at the coridor to the west and says “We should continue on”
[20:53] <@Ash→ “Perhaps they respond to large things?”
[20:53] <@Ash→ “Though I wouldn't try changing into an ant, they may step on you/“
[20:53] <Miri> “At any rate, lets get going and see if we can't find the stairs down?”
[20:54] <Kayalia> “Or perhaps it was where you were traversing. You were circumventing normal navigation of this area.”
[20:54] * Dylan nods and continues on to the passage heading west”
[20:54] <Dylan> “Maybe, or it was a sign we weren't supposed to go that direction”
[20:54] <DM_ToA> You continue on for a few minutes…
[20:56] <Stolanimus> �They had coin slots, one for a copper, one a silver, one a gold and a platinum one. Obviously for coins. But I was not in humanoid form, so had no access to coins.”
[20:57] <DM_ToA> A four foot high, seven-foot wde iron lecturn in hte middle of this rusty, iron-plated room is topped by a slanted control panel. Set into the control panel are a gold lever with a star shaped handle, two dials in red and blue, and two buttons of the same colors. Wall engravings behind the control panel show five groups of circles, with a small crystal embedded in the wall under each one.
[20:57] <DM_ToA> The crystal under the configuration labeled “3” glows bright green. Three six-inch doameter rusty iron pipes jut out from the wall above the engravings.
[20:57] <Stolanimus> �Right, Dylan it seems like they were guarding the room below that we were already in.”
[20:57] <DM_ToA> (will windows work now?)
[20:58] <DM_ToA> (fina;;y!)
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (Here is the lecturn: https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/960/ph24.jpg)
[21:00] * Kayalia investigates the bizarre surface embelishments on the panel, not knowing what buttons are, but wondering what pulley system the lever is tied to.
[21:00] <DM_ToA> (I am not using imgur or pasteboard until I figure out what's going on, sorry all)
[21:00] <DM_ToA> (First rule of tech support – random buttons!)
[21:00] <@Ash→ “I don't like the looks of those pipes. It looks worse than the sewage run off in the city.”
[21:01] <@Ash→ (WRONG! First rule of tech support, turn it off and on again.)
[21:01] <Miri> (double wrong! first rule of tech support is there is no tech support :P)
[21:02] <Miri> “anyone else get the feeling that if we do something wrong, we are gonna end up very deep in very nasty acid?”
[21:02] <@Ash→ “Yup, or some sort of slimy substance.”
[21:03] * Dylan goes up to the lecturn and looks at the wall
[21:04] <Miri> (does anything on the wall look like the skulls might fit onto it?)
[21:05] <DM_ToA> (No)
[21:05] <Miri> (k)
[21:05] <Dylan> “Is it me or does it look like the dials match up to the settings on these buttons?”
[21:06] <@Ash→ (How many exits in this room, and what is its shape?)
[21:06] * Miri does a circle of the room looking for anything else that might be of use.
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (roll perception, Miri)
[21:08] <Miri> 1d20
[21:08] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(?)]: 14
[21:08] <DM_ToA> Ash – one exit that you came through, shape of the room his a rectangle)
[21:08] * Kayalia studies the wall engravings/reliefs. “You know…“
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (Don't see anything Miri)
[21:08] <Miri> (k)
[21:09] <Kayalia> “I can't help but wonder if these hexagonal diagrams represent these rooms we're in? This room and the last one were this shape, and surrounded by these gear teeth just like in these diagrams.”
[21:10] * Kayalia moves over to the central diagram and points out the little breaks in the hexgons. ” I think these gaps are the doorways, and this is the layout we just walked through, and that's why it is lit up?”
[21:11] <@Ash→ “Well if that was the case, this room might be the star room, since that handle has a star.
[21:11] <Stolanimus> �Turn one of the dials to move the light towards one of the other orientations.�
[21:12] <Stolanimus> �The third one is the current configuration.�
[21:12] <@Ash→ “Perhaps with a 10' long pole, in case those pipes are bad.
[21:12] * Stolanimus moves up to the controls.
[21:12] * Ash- backs away from the controls.
[21:13] * Terres looks for any writing on the walls that would explain the controls
[21:13] <Stolanimus> �Rest of you move towards the door. Which color is bad, red or blue?�
[21:13] <Kayalia> “I'm hesitant to touch this, given our track record.”
[21:13] <Stolanimus> �Red is blood. That�s bad, right?�
[21:13] <Miri> “i'm going to guess red is lava and blue is water.”
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (spiders have blue-ish blood…just throwing that out there)
[21:14] * Stolanimus moves the blue dial to the left.
[21:14] * Kayalia points out the #1 config on the far left. “That one looks like it would open the path to the top-right room there, but the party would have to be split…“
[21:14] <@Ash→ “Unless it all turns slow, and we can run to where we need to be.”
[21:15] <DM_ToA> The green 3 goes out and the 2 lights up now.
[21:16] * Dylan looks at the configurations
[21:17] * Stolanimus lets go of the dial.
[21:17] <Dylan> “Do you want to try this by number? So let's see if we can get that top configuration and see what happens?”
[21:17] * Stolanimus points at the changed light, �Did we feel anything move?�
[21:17] <Terres> “Did you push the button?”
[21:18] <DM_ToA> (nothing moved)
[21:18] <Stolanimus> �No.�
[21:18] * Stolanimus pushes the blue button.
[21:18] * Terres pays attention to the exit
[21:18] <DM_ToA> The whole floor rumbles and vibrates. Out of the doorway, you hear a grinding of stone on metal. Through the doorway, you see the room you left turn slowly…
[21:19] <Miri> “well, that's trippy.”
[21:19] <Kayalia> “Do you think the blue dial rotates the far left room and the red dial rotates the far right room?”
[21:19] <Dylan> “Oh..”
[21:19] * Terres tries to see the mechanism turning the rooms while they are rotating
[21:19] <DM_ToA> The open doorways lead to nowhere now.
[21:20] <@Ash→ (Do we even have a doorway still?)
[21:21] <Terres> (so the doorway is just blocked now?)
[21:21] <Kayalia> “Try moving the red one right, now.”
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (Yes, the doorway is blocked)
[21:22] * Kayalia makes that suggestion to Stolanimus.
[21:22] <Terres> “From the depictions it looks like only configuration 3 and 5 allows us to exit this room”
[21:23] <Stolanimus> �No. the blue one goes bothe ways.”
[21:23] * Stolanimus moves the blue dial to the right.
[21:23] <DM_ToA> The two goes out and the three comes back on.
[21:24] * Stolanimus attempts to move it to the right all the way.
[21:24] * Kayalia casts her gaze to the side.
[21:24] <Stolanimus> (Does it lock �lock into a position�?)
[21:25] <DM_ToA> The four, then the five lights up. There seems to be no “locked”, it just doesn't light up past five.
[21:26] <Terres> (chevron 5 locked)
[21:26] <DM_ToA> (Heh)
[21:26] <Terres> “Hit the button boss”
[21:27] * Stolanimus looks at Terres �Still the blue one?�
[21:27] <Terres> “The same one you hit before”
[21:27] * Stolanimus pushes the blue button.
[21:27] * Terres still stands at the exit and watches the room turn and the mechanism outside
[21:29] <DM_ToA> The wall rotates with a groan and the doorway becomes unblocked. You see the dragons on the frieze glaring back at you.
[21:29] * Kayalia traces circles in the air while looking at the diagrams. “The left posution roated the room one step in this direction…” (she does a counter-clockwise motion) “And the right position rotated it two steps in the other direction.”
[21:30] <@Ash→ “So perhaps the red does it in reverse. Left is 2 positions, and right is 1 position?”
[21:30] <@Ash→ “Or maybe 1 position either way”
[21:30] <Kayalia> “I wanted to see how the red interacted with the blue, but Stol flat out refused when I asked him to. You ask him.”
[21:31] <Terres> (so if now we are in position 5, i will look what the exits look like)
[21:31] <DM_ToA> (You can walk out of the room, Terres)
[21:31] <Stolanimus> (what, I didn�t refuse anything. maybe I missed a post)
[21:31] <Kayalia> (I suspect you can walk into the previous room, but its exit goes to a brick wall now)
[21:31] <Kayalia> (<@Stolanimus> �No. the blue one goes bothe ways.”)
[21:32] <Dylan> “I don't think we should hit the red button”
[21:32] * Terres slowly walks out and tries to see what is outside the rooms
[21:32] <Kayalia> (I wanted to see if the blue was all the way left, if turning the red right would return us to #3 config)
[21:32] * Terres yells back into the control room “Dont move the rooms for a bit”
[21:32] <Dylan> (ok wait)
[21:32] <Stolanimus> (ah, that was to your previous line I see now� you implied the blue didn�t go right. I said no, it does)
[21:32] <Dylan> (which configuration are we on?)
[21:32] <Stolanimus> (sorry, I missed your second line)
[21:33] <Terres> (well he used the blue knob to return to 3 and then move to 5)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> You see the frieze room, but there is no other way in or out. The exit leads into darkness.
[21:33] <Stolanimus> (we�re at 5 now right)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (5)
[21:33] <Dylan> (ok)
[21:33] <Terres> (i have dark vision)
[21:33] <Dylan> (i want to see something)
[21:33] <Stolanimus> (I thought that�s what you wanted)
[21:33] <Stolanimus> (I was literally trying to just do whatever people told me)
[21:33] <Dylan> “Yes , I have an idea, I want to see something, leave it on this configuration”
[21:34] <Kayalia> “I think the key is this #1 configuration. But perhaps that won't be possible, since someone needs to be here to oull the lever, and we can't all be in the previous room…“
[21:35] <Terres> (if we are in config 1 we cant leave the control room, or we would need to split the party)
[21:35] <Dylan> “Wait”
[21:36] * Dylan goes and inspects where the door was
[21:36] * Kayalia starts investigating thw walls while Dylan does whatever he is doing. Better to find out if there are any traps in this roomn that this piuzzle may trigger. Those pipes look suspiscious.
[21:36] * Terres returns to the control room and tells the others that there is water bellow the rooms
[21:38] <@Ash→ “I wonder if you can travel along the outer edge of the walls to the other rooms?”
[21:38] <@Ash→ “Which might be the only way to this wavy room on #5”
[21:39] <Terres> (not sure about that, i didnt see anythign but a drop down to water)
[21:39] * Ash- points at the room in the lower right corner of 5 that looks like an 'Atari' symbol.
[21:39] <Stolanimus> �I can stay behind. I can get anywhere you are.”
[21:40] <Stolanimus> �I have many forms possible.”
[21:40] <Dylan> “I think Ash has the right idea
[21:40] * Kayalia ponders that.
[21:40] <Dylan> “
[21:40] * Dylan pulls out a piece of paper and draws his idea
[21:40] <@Ash→ “Otherwise if you can't, then Stolanimus' has a good idea.
[21:40] <Dylan> “This is my idea”
[21:40] <Dylan> (give me one moment with my mspaint skills)
[21:41] * Kayalia may not find any traps along the walls, since the DM didn't say anything.
[21:41] <@Ash→ (3,1,5 would get the group to 'Atari' room)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (no traps)
[21:42] <@Ash→ (3,1,3 would get the group, less Stol, to 'Atari' and 'Chain link' room)
[21:43] <Terres> (still not a fan of splitting the group)
[21:43] * Dylan is drawing hexagons and doodling
[21:44] * Terres searches the control room for any other passages or other points of interes
[21:44] <Kayalia> (he needs to put it into config #3. then we walk to gargoyle room. Then it puts it to config #1 and we enter new rooms.)
[21:44] <Dylan> “No wait”
[21:44] <Dylan> “We need configuration one for my idea”
[21:45] <Stolanimus> �How will I know which to change to after that?�
[21:45] <Stolanimus> �If I stay behind.”
[21:45] <Terres> 1d20+5 investigation
[21:45] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+5 'investigation']: 20
[21:45] <Stolanimus> �Ash, can you telepathic link?�
[21:45] <Terres> (thats me searching the control room)
[21:45] * Ash- ponders that question
[21:46] * Kayalia wants to pull her hair out in frustration at this puzzle.
[21:47] * Dylan holds up his idea
[21:47] <@Ash→ “I don't think so, but I haven't tapped into my full array of magic yet. We could easily yell to this room when it's in the 3 configuration, then I would think wait until it stops moving, count to 10 then move it to the 5 configuration.”
[21:47] <Dylan> ( https://pasteboard.co/IcjB2li.jpg )
[21:47] <Kayalia> “Why #5?”
[21:47] <DM_ToA> Dylan – ok, if you think you can do it)
[21:48] <Terres> (i looked outside but didnt see a way to run around the rooms like that)
[21:48] <@Ash→ (I don't think your sketch will work Dylan because the Star room is blocked when it's not aligned with a wall.)
[21:48] <@Ash→ “5 is the only setup that allows us to get to this room …
[21:48] <Kayalia> (Can we really walk along the outside of the rooms? The wall relief may not be accurate to gear size in practice)
[21:49] <Dylan> “I propose we start with the first image and see if we can get outside of the rooms like Ash said and go around the rooms and see if we can do that?”
[21:49] * Ash- points to the room in the lower right corner of the right most gear.
[21:49] <Terres> (also when the passages are aligned you cant slip in like in your drrawing)
[21:49] * Dylan goes to where the door was
[21:49] <Dylan> (what at the place where the door was?)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[21:50] <Terres> (when we had config 2 the exit was just blocked)
[21:50] <Terres> (thats why i said only 3 and 5 lets us leave the control room)
[21:50] <Kayalia> (huh??)
[21:50] <Kayalia> (If #2 blocked us that means you cannot step onto the gear as if it were a ledge)
[21:51] <Kayalia> (because there is plenty of room in the illustration but not in practice)
[21:51] <Terres> ( we are in config 5 right now, i went into the east room and checked the other exit and that just leads to water bellow, i didnt see any ledge)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (back)
[21:52] <Kayalia> (^that, too)
[21:52] <Kayalia> (I suspect you need to put it to 3, walk to gargoyle room, then put it to #1, walk to far right room, then put it to config 5, to get to atari symbol)
[21:52] <Terres> (retcon: apparently there is a gear tooth ledge, barely enough to carefully walk on)
[21:53] * Kayalia casts dancing lights and sends one into the pipe sticking out of thw wall, to see what it goes to.
[21:53] * Miri keeps her sword out and at the ready.
[21:53] * Dylan nods
[21:54] <Dylan> “I wish we had a boat”
[21:54] <DM_ToA> You watch the light disappear into the darkness. A dollop of greyish slime drops onto the floor.
[21:54] <Dylan> “Dumb question… does anyone have a way to let us walk on water?”
[21:54] <Terres> “Lets take those lights to the exit to see what in that water cavern”
[21:55] * Dylan looks at Ash
[21:55] <@Ash→ (My plan visually: https://pasteboard.co/IcjExXY.png )
[21:56] <Dylan> (i think my plan is simpler)
[21:56] <Terres> (i would only add checking out the chain link room while in step 2)
[21:57] <Terres> ( we need to make dex checks to walk on the ledge)
[21:57] <Kayalia> (your plan is identical to mine ash lol)
[21:57] * Dylan repeats his question for Ash
[21:57] <Kayalia> (except your plan assumes we wanna go to the atari room when we have no reason to think that)
[21:57] <Dylan> “Do you have anything that lets us walk on water?”
[21:57] <@Ash→ “I don't know if I can make people walk on water.”
[21:58] <@Ash→ “I think I can, but I've never prepared such a spell”
[21:58] * Kayalia wonders what that gray slime is, but suspects it is NOT a good thing.
[21:58] <@Ash→ (I.E. Yes it's on my list, but no I don't have it prepared)
[21:59] <Dylan> “I mean I am not sure we need to get to the room, but I think we should try the rooms in numerical order so we are at least systematic”
[21:59] <Kayalia> (in step 2 we have access to two new rooms we would want to explore)
[22:00] <Kayalia> (hotspring icon and chain icon)
[22:00] <@Ash→ “It is possible this 'wave' room (top of middle gear) and the 'chain' room (top of right gear) could have controls that also control these rooms.
[22:00] <Terres> “Sounds like a plan”
[22:01] <@Ash→ “Or perhaps there is a way to just make all the rooms rotate continuously, thus eliminating the need for controls.”
[22:01] <Dylan> “Which one?”
[22:01] <Kayalia> “It still leaves Stol or someone else behind…“
[22:01] <Dylan> “No i don't want to leave anyone behind”
[22:01] <Stolanimus> (I�m sorry� pet emergency)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[22:01] <Stolanimus> �I can remain behind.”
[22:01] <Dylan> (no worries)
[22:01] * Ash- looks at the wall.
[22:02] <Dylan> “It's not safe”
[22:02] <Dylan> “We need to stay together”
[22:02] <Dylan> “That's the advantage of my idea we all stay together”
[22:02] <Terres> “Stol can spider around when he sets it to config 5”
[22:02] <@Ash→ “I wonder if there is a way to just make the middle room move so it connects with the left section and the wave room. A sort of unnumbered option.”
[22:03] <Terres> (dont think we can move only one room, the diagrams show they are all connected and move as one)
[22:03] <Dylan> “Ok lets put it up to a vote, i'm fine with following either way”
[22:03] <@Ash→ (yeah)
[22:03] <Kayalia> “It is a gear system, Ash If you move one gear, all 3 rotate by proxy.”
[22:04] * Ash- ponders
[22:04] <Dylan> “Do we want to try climbing around the outside of the room on the ledges, or do we want to have Stol stay back and go configuration 3 and then 1 then… 5?”
[22:05] * Kayalia sighs.
[22:05] <Kayalia> “I'll be back.”
[22:05] <Terres> (thats allot of dex checks)
[22:05] * Kayalia heads out to the prior room and takes her dancing lights out to the ledge and water beyond to ivnestigate the possibility.
[22:05] <@Ash→ “I don't think there would be a ledge to go around one of the marked rooms, so that limits our options.
[22:06] <Dylan> “What gives you that impression?”
[22:06] * Dylan points at the wall
[22:07] <@Ash→ “There's no apparent ledge on the pictures.
[22:07] <Dylan> “All of the maps on the wall show ledges going all the way around”
[22:07] <Terres> (dylan in your plan we walk the ledge near the the cart symbol, we cant do that as there is a hallway there blocking the way i think)
[22:07] <Terres> (yea but all the symbols are rooms that cot off the ledges)
[22:08] <@Ash→ “If we came from the cart room, we came from a hall. (stolen from Terres)
[22:08] <Dylan> (no, we are in three rooms which are in the middle of large circular gears)
[22:08] <@Ash→ “So likely we can't go around that.”
[22:08] <Terres> ( and you could not enter the room 3 when the exits are alligned like in your plan)
[22:08] <Dylan> (so when the rooms around blocked off it means the exits have shifted)
[22:09] <Dylan> (so you can climb around the rooms on the teeth of the cogs)
[22:09] <Dylan> (or water walk around)
[22:09] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 Poisoner's Kit on gray slime.
[22:09] <Terres> (in your plan we ext at north then move counter clock wise, we would furst run into a wall that leads to control room blocking our way)
[22:09] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+3 'Poisoner's Kit on gray slime.']: 7
[22:09] <@Ash→ “So I'm not sure if my idea would even allow Stolanimus to join us, if we went to the 5th configuration. It may if the wave room is similiar to this room.”
[22:09] <Dylan> (or if we had a boat, take the boat around, but no boat)
[22:09] <Kayalia> (DAFEDGEHRSNMDS < <SAxzzzzzsa)
[22:09] * Stolanimus shrugs.
[22:10] <Terres> (stol spider can climb walls , he doesnt need ledges. so he could just run around the room)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> You see Kayalia take a bobbing piece of grey slime from the water and put it into a beaker and mix some red re-agent…
[22:10] <Dylan> “I am pretty sure I am right about my idea for what it's worth”
[22:11] <DM_ToA> The re-agent reacts swiftly and violently – bubbling up to the top. The smell is horrible and makes the root of your hair buzz and throb painfully.
[22:11] <Dylan> “If nobody else is convinced of my idea I will follow the choice you make, but I think i have the right of it”
[22:11] * Kayalia coughs and dumps the mess out the ledge.
[22:12] <Kayalia> “So, how should I say this, those ledges look a trifle bit perilous.”
[22:12] * Dylan nods
[22:12] <Dylan> “going to need to use rope”
[22:13] <Kayalia> “The metal ledges are slippery with brackish water and this gray slime, which is also overly present in the water. This gray substance appears to be incredibly harmful to the touch.”
[22:14] <DM_ToA> (you recognize it as the grey slime from the hallways)
[22:15] * Dylan nods
[22:15] <@Ash→ “Well that changes things slightly.”
[22:15] * Dylan turns to Terres
[22:15] <Dylan> “Can you blast the slime off?”
[22:15] <Kayalia> “Its not a matter if getting a boo-boo if you slip out there. Which also seems almost inevitable.”
[22:16] <@Ash→ “Probably not going to be able to blast all the slime, particularly if it's in the water.”
[22:16] <Terres> (only have 2 fireballs so i could blast but not the stuff in water)
[22:17] <Dylan> (eldritch blast)
[22:17] * Terres casts eldritch blast at the section of slime to see if it does anything
[22:18] <Terres> (do i need to roll stuff?)
[22:18] * Stolanimus waits.
[22:18] <DM_ToA> (roll to hit)
[22:18] <Terres> 1d20+9
[22:18] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+9]: 23
[22:18] <Terres> 1d20+9
[22:18] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+9]: 22
[22:19] <Terres> 2#1d10+3 force damage
[22:19] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(?)+3 'force damage']: 4
[22:19] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(?)+3 'force damage']: 9
[22:19] <DM_ToA> When the bolt hits – there is a wave of nausea and a thurmming in your head that almost makes you pass out from the pain.
[22:19] * Terres leans against the wall trying to clear his mind
[22:20] <Kayalia> “Are you unwell?”
[22:21] <Terres> “That was not good, as soon as the blast hit i felt nausiated and dizzy
[22:21] <Terres> “
[22:21] * Kayalia starts searching the walls for any secret doors that may make the listed configurations unnecessary, if they could create extra openings during any of the rotations…
[22:22] <Terres> (i didnt feel this when i blasted it before with a fireball, is this new?)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (roll perception, Kayalia)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:22] <Kayalia> 1d20+6 perception
[22:22] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+6 'perception']: 24
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (no secret doors)
[22:22] <@Ash→ Stolanimus would you be willing to go scout out the path in configuration #5 to see if my plan might be possible?”
[22:23] * Kayalia would search control room, then the cog room they still have access to.
[22:23] <Stolanimus> �Your plan of walking around the outside of the rooms?”
[22:23] <Kayalia> (Note: gray slime would likely be very harmful to stol, out there)
[22:24] <Terres> (we have config 5 currently, you could scout the way around in spider form to see if we could follow)
[22:24] <@Ash→ “Indeed.”
[22:24] <Dylan> “So which plan do we want to take?”
[22:24] <Dylan> ”Ash's plan, is everyone agreed?”
[22:25] <Kayalia> (I am fairly certain that won't work)
[22:25] <Dylan> (which plan mine or his?)
[22:26] <Dylan> (i'm fine with either plan, i just want to do a plan, we haven't done anything all session)
[22:26] <Kayalia> (thw walking outside plan)
[22:26] <Dylan> (then vote the other way)
[22:26] <@Ash→ “We can at least see if my plan has some merit, and if not, we'll likely have to split up the group for a bit, or backtrack.”
[22:27] <Terres> (ashe's plan if we take time to explore steam room and chain room)
[22:27] <Kayalia> (“ash's” plan is verbatim Kaya's plan that she said first… why wouldn't I agree to that?)
[22:28] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) Quit (Quit: )
[22:28] <Stolanimus> (I keep looking upstream and can�t figure out what Ash�s plan is)
[22:28] <Terres> (yeah ash had a nice drawing)
[22:28] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[22:28] <Dylan> (oops exit by accident)
[22:29] * Dylan lets Ash lead the way on his plan
[22:29] <@Ash→ (Plan: https://pasteboard.co/IcjExXY.png )
[22:30] <Terres> (config 3, we move to middle room, switch to config 1, explore steam room, then move to east room and explore chain, then switch to config 5 and move to pie room and then you climb outside )
[22:30] <@Ash→ “So my plan for the moment to see if moving this layout to #5 will allow you to travel in spider form to the far right gear room. If it does, then we can all move to the middle room under configuration 3 while Stol stays here to run the controls. Then he moves it to configuration 1 so we can move to the right room, then configuration 5 so he can move to join us as a spider.”
[22:34] <Dylan> “The one question I have about your plan is why are we going south in the final step?”
[22:34] <Kayalia> “I was wondering that as well. Is there a reason to assume we aren't interested in the other rooms we can open up?”
[22:34] <Dylan> “Why not just go 3, 1 and then north?”
[22:34] <@Ash→ “Only room that can be explored and have Stol join us.”
[22:35] <Dylan> “We can't he join us after step 2?”
[22:36] <@Ash→ “Because when the doors are not aligned with this room, you can't get out.”
[22:36] <Dylan> “Yes you can”
[22:36] <Dylan> (you missed the retcon)
[22:36] <Terres> (i am pretty sure i check when we had config 2, the exit was just blocked)
[22:36] <@Ash→ (I may have misread, but I believe the way was blocked)
[22:36] <@Ash→ (The retcon I think was the adding of the teeth on the edges of the doors)
[22:37] <Dylan> (it's not blocked it just doesn't connect)
[22:37] <DM_ToA> (The gap between the doorways looks like someone skinny enough to slip through)
[22:37] <Terres> (only if we align the exits to lead nowehre as in config could we get outside the room)
[22:37] <Dylan> (^)
[22:38] <Terres> (when you say skinny what do you mean, a human or elf or a child or Stolaconda)
[22:39] <DM_ToA> (elf, child or Stolaconda can get through. A runt of a human could with a little difficulty)
[22:40] <Terres> (ugh some jackass is smoking cigars on the balcony bellow me, now my whole room stinks and i am considering homicide)
[22:42] <Stolanimus> �So, the 3, 1, 5 plan?�
[22:42] <Terres> (sorry my head is killing me so i cant really thinkg right about the room puzzles, i will just follow whoever is more convincing)
[22:43] <Dylan> “i think it should just be 3 then 1”
[22:43] <Dylan> “Five seems unneccesary”
[22:44] <Terres> “Well we can explore the last room always afterward if we dont find anything in steam and chain rooms”
[22:44] <@Ash→ “Well we can certainly check the 'wave' room and 'chain' room first, but it would be difficult for Stol to join us there, with all the slime.”
[22:45] <Stolanimus> �I can fly.”
[22:45] <Dylan> “And there's that..”
[22:46] <@Ash→ “Well then, we check out the wave and chain rooms, then come back to look at 5 after?
[22:46] <Dylan> “Yea, lets go north and then if we dont get what we want after going 3 then 1, we can come back and go south”
[22:46] <Dylan> “Sound good?”
[22:46] <Stolanimus> �So I go to 3, then 1, then wait?�
[22:47] <@Ash→ “We start with 3 Stol. When we all get back to the middle room, we'll yell for you to move to 1. You then join us after that's done.”
[22:47] <@Ash→ “Later we can move to 5”
[22:48] <@Ash→ (So on the picture, step 1 then 2, no 3 yet)
[22:48] * Dylan agrees
[22:48] <Terres> (yea it seems you can slither out with config 3 and meet us in middle room)
[22:48] <Stolanimus> �Ok, I engage 3, then wait until I hear you yell to send you to 1?�
[22:49] * Dylan nods
[22:49] <Dylan> (ok do you want to start implimenting this plan next week, so everyone can get sleep be well rested and all that good stuff for you EST guys and gals?)
[22:49] <DM_ToA> (Yes – I have to be up @ 4:00 for a 12 hour day tmorrow)
[22:50] <Dylan> (eewe)
[22:50] <Terres> (does the reality even exist at 4am, i am pretty sure the simulation starts at 6am)
[22:50] <@Ash→ (Yes please)
[22:50] <DM_ToA> (Yep – overtime for the year and I need to grab a bunch of it to cover vacation in June. Already worked 51 hours this week.)
[22:51] <DM_ToA> As our group contemplates gears, levers, buttons and psychic ooze – we come to the thrilling conclusion of this episode of “Tomb of Anhiliation” Tune in next week!

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_51_-_4-28-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/05/06 01:29 by ryubasteon