Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_44_-_3-10-2019

[19:58] <DM_ToA> When last we left our adventurers – one half of the group plunged into a lazy river, while the other fought for their lives against a shadow demon. Now – back to the adventure and promise of peril as we begin this episode of “Tomb of Annihiliation”!
[20:01] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[20:02] * Miri moves back towards the grate. “anything going on down there?” she calls out.
[20:03] * Stolanimus calls up, �Yes, it is a passage. And, there�s something ahead.�
[20:03] * Stolanimus looks forward to Dylan �Is there still something moving?“
[20:03] <Dylan> (are we going downstream or upstream?)
[20:05] <DM_ToA> (Uptream)
[20:05] * Dylan waits for the other part of the party to do their thing
[20:05] <Miri> (well, seeing as sent isn't here)
[20:05] <Stolanimus> (we�ve gone 20ft at least upstream)
[20:06] <Dylan> (are you fighting the monster? is miri with you?)
[20:06] <Miri> “nothing good is up here so far, but i think Kay saw something on the other side of the door. not sure if we are gonna check it out or what.”
[20:06] <Miri> (we faught a monster, miri is not in the river)
[20:07] * Ash- waits by the grate, in the water.
[20:07] <Dylan> “I think this tunnel down here seems clear”
[20:10] * May is now known as Kayalia
[20:10] * Kayalia may have perhaps pulled Terres free of some odd trap.
[20:10] <Kayalia> (I think it was Terres?)
[20:11] <Miri> (yeah, terres)
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (yeah – which brought in the shadow demon)
[20:11] * Stolanimus moves another ten feet, staying quiet and stealthy.
[20:12] <DM_ToA> (upstream?)
[20:12] <Kayalia> (what was in that room again? was it like numerous sarcophaguses or something?)
[20:12] <Stolanimus> (yes, continuing same direction)
[20:13] <Stolanimus> (unless you found a room you want us to explore with you.. just call us out)
[20:13] <DM_ToA> As you come around the bend, you see a skeleton marching away from you slowly. It stops and turns its head.
[20:14] * Dylan looks at the skeleton
[20:14] <Dylan> “Really?”
[20:14] <DM_ToA> The back of the head is carved into a pointed shape.
[20:15] <Miri> (ouch)
[20:15] * Stolanimus rushes the skeleton and pummels it with a scimitar.
[20:16] <DM_ToA> (roll init)
[20:16] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[20:16] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+2]: 10
[20:16] <@Ash→ 1d20
[20:16] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)]: 13
[20:16] <Miri> (all of us or just him?)
[20:16] <DM_ToA> 1d20
[20:16] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)]: 5
[20:16] <@Ash→ (Since I'm in the water tunnel)
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (whoever is in the tunnel)
[20:17] <Miri> (aah ok)
[20:17] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[20:17] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+3]: 23 (Magnificent.)
[20:18] <DM_ToA> (init: Dylan Ash Stol, Skeleton)
[20:19] <DM_ToA> ROUND 1 (Fight!)
[20:19] * Dylan casts branding smite on his weapon mutters misery and will make both of his attacks as soon as skeleton attacks
[20:19] <Miri> (haiduken!)
[20:20] <DM_ToA> Dylan hroically holds his action)
[20:20] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[20:20] <@Ash→ (Hold, I don't know yet about the skeleton)
[20:20] <DM_ToA> (Stol? still attacking?)
[20:21] <Stolanimus> (yes)
[20:21] <DM_ToA> (roll it high)
[20:21] <Stolanimus> 1d20+5
[20:21] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+5]: 13
[20:21] <Stolanimus> (is an 8 hi?)
[20:22] <Stolanimus> (*stupid bot no respect for its creator*)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (13 hits…amazingly enough…)
[20:22] <Stolanimus> 1d6+3
[20:22] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d6(?)+3]: 9
[20:22] <Stolanimus> (+2� that�s an 8)
[20:23] <DM_ToA> Stol swings with precision – chipping off a rip and staggering it back.
[20:23] <DM_ToA> The skeleton slashes back viciously with two rusted daggers in its grip.
[20:23] <DM_ToA> 1d20
[20:23] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)]: 12
[20:23] <DM_ToA> 1d20
[20:23] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)]: 1 (Ouch!)
[20:23] <Dylan> (triggered my action, shall i roll?)
[20:24] <DM_ToA> (go for it)
[20:24] <Dylan> 2#1d20+8
[20:24] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+8]: 13
[20:24] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+8]: 10
[20:24] <@Ash→ “What's that noise down there?”
[20:24] <DM_ToA> (one hit)
[20:24] <Dylan> 5d6+5
[20:24] <TolBot> Dylan's 5d6(?????)+5]: 22
[20:25] <Dylan> (top of round after this, my attack again?)
[20:25] <DM_ToA> The skeleton shatters like a flung vase – the fragments bouncing crazily into the water.
[20:26] <Dylan> (thats radiant damage btw)
[20:26] <Stolanimus> (that�s prolly an important detail)
[20:26] * Stolanimus nods at Dylan �Nice job.”
[20:26] * Dylan shakes his head at the bones
[20:26] <Dylan> “Tis an unholy thing, raising the dead”
[20:27] * Stolanimus looks at the bone pieces and picks up the skull, �What with the odd shape?�
[20:27] * Miri sticks her head through the grate “everythying ok down there?”
[20:27] <Dylan> “Hopefully whoever that was, shall find rest”
[20:27] <Dylan> “We were attacked by a skeleton”
[20:27] <DM_ToA> The water washes away the ripples in time.
[20:27] <Miri> “sorry i missed it.”
[20:27] <Stolanimus> �I don�t know what kind of person this was, with such an odd shape.�
[20:27] <Dylan> “We are going down stream”
[20:27] <Stolanimus> (up)
[20:28] <Dylan> “Or upstream”
[20:28] <Stolanimus> (lol)
[20:28] <Dylan> “we are following this stream” Dylan ammends
[20:29] * Miri stands back up “well, kay, are we gonna investigate beyond that door or what?”
[20:31] <Kayalia> “Door?”
[20:32] <Miri> “didn't you say there was a door? or was i mistaken about that?”
[20:32] * Kayalia walks toward the west end of the hall. “There's some kind of translucent wall. Some sort of crystal mineral, maybe?”
[20:32] <Dylan> “Should we wait for them?”
[20:33] <Miri> “so do we try to break it down or do we join them in the water?”
[20:34] <Kayalia> “I'd hate to leave this area unexplorered, but it would not do to split the group like this for too long. Perhaps we should join them, after all?”
[20:34] * Sentagur (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:34] * Miri shrugs “i suppose.” turns and jumps down through the grate.
[20:34] <Miri> (hi sent)
[20:34] * Ash- steps aside as Miri hops in.
[20:34] <@Ash→ “Hey”
[20:35] <Sentagur> (hello friendssters)
[20:35] <Miri> “oh….sorry about that. hi” steps aside for kay and terres to jump down.
[20:35] * Kayalia swings down from the opening.
[20:35] * Sentagur is now known as Terres
[20:35] * Stolanimus assumes there�s nothing interesting about the skull and tosses it back down.
[20:35] <Stolanimus> (sorry, I assume)
[20:35] <Terres> (Sorry again, dst change will be messing with my schedule for a while until everyone is on the same page again)
[20:36] * Stolanimus sees nothing interesting about the skull and tosses it back down.
[20:36] <Stolanimus> (heya Sent)
[20:37] <Terres> (so what did i miss, did we kill more shadows?)
[20:37] <Miri> (nope, but we are meeting up with the party in the tunnel)
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (killed a skeleton with a funky head)
[20:37] <Stolanimus> (we bashed a skeleton with an oddly pointed skull)
[20:38] <Terres> (did anyone check the painted skull or was it just tossed out?)
[20:38] <Dylan> (its there somewhere i think)
[20:38] <Kayalia> “What is the situation, here? It just looks like they're playing with corpses, again.”
[20:38] <DM_ToA> (it's in the water)
[20:39] * Terres glances at the skull before joining the rest of the group
[20:39] <Dylan> “We put a skeleton to rest.”
[20:39] * Dylan shrugs
[20:39] <Kayalia> “They normally are already…“
[20:39] <Dylan> “I think we were exploring upstream?”
[20:40] <@Ash→ “That's the plan.”
[20:40] * Dylan points upstream and heads that way
[20:40] * Miri will follow at the rear.
[20:40] <Stolanimus> (what painted skull? I thought he said pointed.)
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (I did)
[20:41] <Stolanimus> (I picked it up and examined it, but didn�t see anything)
[20:41] <Terres> (you killed a conehead?)
[20:42] * Terres shivers at the feeling of cold water then continues on
[20:42] * Kayalia looks down at the water, frowning. “Where does this lead? I would have thought a waterway like this would lead away from the ruins? Isn't our quarry in the ruins proper?”
[20:42] * Dylan shrugs
[20:43] <Dylan> “People seemed to want to go upstream? I would have chosen downstream personally but it doesn't matter”
[20:43] <Miri> (brb)
[20:43] * Ash- shrugs
[20:43] <@Ash→ “What's that ring of yours telling you Miri?
[20:43] <Stolanimus> (we�ve only gone like 40ft, so can turn around)
[20:44] <Terres> (I have to tell you that i am not happy you guys are ruining my bi-annual bathing schedule by making me wade through this mudbath)
[20:44] <DM_ToA> As you continue on – bubbles begin to froth ahead of you. The stentch of rotten eggs rake your nostrils.
[20:44] <Stolanimus> (hehe)
[20:45] * Dylan makes a face
[20:45] <Dylan> “Smells like sewage”
[20:45] <Stolanimus> �This smell. Ugh.�
[20:45] <@Ash→ “I can't say I missed this smell.”
[20:45] * Terres gripps his staff harder and then refreshes Mage armor as if by instinct
[20:45] <Stolanimus> �I vote we turn back.�
[20:46] <Stolanimus> �Or should we press on?”
[20:46] <Dylan> “Agreed”
[20:46] <Terres> ( wait are wa wading through someones outhouse?_
[20:46] <Terres> )
[20:46] <Dylan> “Though we have gone this far”
[20:46] <DM_ToA> You see the lip of an alcove to the right…right in the thickest part of the roiling water.
[20:47] * Dylan continues
[20:47] * Stolanimus holds his nose and moves to the alcove on the ritht.
[20:47] <Kayalia> “What do you mean, you've missed this smell? Life of sewer crawling back home?”
[20:47] <DM_ToA> There are a set of steps that lead up to a wall.
[20:47] <Stolanimus> (am I slipping on rotting body parts or fecal turds as I go?)
[20:47] <@Ash→ “I said I didn't miss this smell.”
[20:47] * Terres continues on whiele muttering something about why the dwarves are cursed with stout stature
[20:47] * Stolanimus moves up the steps, looking for a door.
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (No – just pure methane)
[20:48] <Stolanimus> (Methane? Nobody light up!)
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (Roll perception, Stol)
[20:48] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7
[20:48] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+7]: 9
[20:49] <Terres> (or maybe we should light it up from a safe distance awa of course… take this whole place down with one well placed fireball)
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (It's a dead end as far as you can tell)
[20:49] <Stolanimus> �I don�t see anything here, but why would steps lead to a blank wall?�
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (Because Acerack has a sense of humor?)
[20:49] <Stolanimus> (I got ten bucks that says there�s a $ here on the map)
[20:50] * Terres examines the stonework around the alcove
[20:50] <Stolanimus> �Someone else check this wall.”
[20:50] * Stolanimus steps back.
[20:51] <Dylan> “Maybe they need guidance to find things?”
[20:51] <DM_ToA> Terres perception with adv because it's stone and you're a dwarf)
[20:51] <Terres> 1d20+3 adv
[20:51] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(9, 1)+3 'adv']: 12
[20:52] <Terres> (yaay, lets hope the high rolls are reserved for a monster fight we are about to have)
[20:52] <DM_ToA> (Is everyone down here? Party together?)
[20:52] <Miri> (back)
[20:53] <Miri> “the voice in my head has been rather silent” (to answer ash from like 5 mins ago)
[20:53] <Terres> “The sonework here is out of place, it almost seems like there is a hidden door”
[20:53] * Kayalia summons some dancing lights and has them play about the area, boredly.
[20:53] <DM_ToA> Lights bob up and down like drunken dancers.
[20:53] * Ash- checks the area in question.
[20:54] <DM_ToA> (roll perception Ash)
[20:54] <@Ash→ 1d20+3
[20:54] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)+3]: 7
[20:54] <DM_ToA> (Wow…just…wow)
[20:54] * Kayalia does not look anything like those lights when drunk.
[20:54] * Terres starts tapping at the individual stones with his staff
[20:54] <@Ash→ “I don't see anything, perhaps it was put here for future construction?”
[20:54] * Dylan checks as well after asking for guidance
[20:54] <Dylan> 1d20+1
[20:54] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+1]: 18
[20:54] <Dylan> 1d4
[20:54] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d4(?)]: 2
[20:54] <Dylan> (20)
[20:55] <Terres> (bah i keep forgetting that i have the cheat die too)
[20:55] * Dylan points at a latch
[20:56] * Terres sighs then tells everyone to stop
[20:56] <Dylan> “Hmm a latch, I hope its not trapped”
[20:56] * Terres points at the stone and says” this one moved when i tepped on it“
[20:56] <@Ash→ “That's a latch? It looked like a root.”
[20:56] <Terres> (are we poiting at the same thing?_
[20:57] <Terres> )
[20:57] <Stolanimus> �Wait, could it be a trap?�
[20:57] <DM_ToA> (no)
[20:57] <Dylan> “Well”
[20:57] * Terres examines the stone that moved more closely using the dnacing lights for a better view
[20:58] <DM_ToA> It looks like something loosened and if you look behind it, you see a series of ropes – possibly attaching to hte latch Dylan found.
[20:58] <Terres> (watch me pull the keystone from the archway and burry us all in an avalanche of dirt)
[20:58] <Dylan> “Lets do this, I'll tie a top around the latch and we can pull it from a safe distance out of the gas”
[20:58] * Kayalia gently swirls the lights where they are needed.
[20:59] <Dylan> “I have a bad feeling about this..”
[20:59] <@Ash→ “
[20:59] * Kayalia moves over to look at this 'trap' the guys are talking about.
[20:59] * Dylan motions people to move back out of the gas
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (Kay – roll investigation)
[20:59] * Terres moves out of the way
[21:00] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 investigation
[21:00] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+3 'investigation']: 13
[21:03] * Kayalia doesn't really conclude anythign different about the ropes.
[21:03] <DM_ToA> Dylan – are you going to rig some ropes up on the latch to “remotely” trigger it?)
[21:04] <Terres> (brute force it is)
[21:04] <Terres> (i could mage hand it if its not to rusted )
[21:04] <Dylan> (i am gonna wait for people to move)
[21:04] <Dylan> (yea lets mage hand it from a distance away)
[21:04] * Kayalia shrugs and moves away.
[21:04] * Stolanimus moves back away from the gas.
[21:05] <Terres> (mage hand can lift about 10 pounds, hope thats enough)
[21:05] * Miri moves back as well.
[21:05] <Stolanimus> (that�s a good idea. Move back like 15ft and then mage hand the latch)
[21:05] <Miri> (brb)
[21:05] * Dylan moves 20 feet out of the gas
[21:05] * Terres concentrates and summons an astral hand and commands it to grip the latch (from 30') and try to open the door
[21:06] <Terres> (thats the max range, depending on line of sight oc)
[21:07] <DM_ToA> The spectral hand graps the latch and pulls it…
[21:08] <Miri> (back)
[21:08] <DM_ToA> …there is a pop and you see a piece of red hot flint fly out of the corner, heading for the boiling water…
[21:08] <Terres> (can i try to grab it with magehand :)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> …THE WATER DETONATES LIKE A THUNDERSTRIKE, MAKING THE DUST SETTLE FROM THE STONES ABOVE.
[21:09] <Stolanimus> (holy crap� �it�s a trap!� )
[21:09] <Terres> (stop rhyming eminem)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> (boo – curse you all and your cautious natures! You apes wanna live forever?)
[21:09] <Miri> (poor dm)
[21:10] <Terres> (well the DM is in cahoots with tolbot trying to murderise us)
[21:11] * Terres brushes the dust from his face and checks the secret door
[21:11] <DM_ToA> The door is slightly open.
[21:11] <Stolanimus> (we didn�t die?)
[21:12] <Stolanimus> �Woah�
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (*sigh* nope…you all were out of the blast radius)
[21:12] <Terres> (is the bubbling water on fire or was it just a boom and then nothing)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (boom then nothing)
[21:12] <Miri> “good call on moving back.”
[21:12] * Stolanimus scurries up the steps out hte door.
[21:12] <DM_ToA> A couple of bubbles rise to the surface, barely breaking the surface.
[21:13] * Terres gets closer watching the bubbling water
[21:13] <DM_ToA> (people heading in?)
[21:13] * Miri will take up the rear as usual.
[21:13] <Terres> (so this door is in an alcove above the water line?)
[21:14] <DM_ToA> Terres yes)
[21:14] * Terres follow Stol into the door
[21:14] * Dylan goes in
[21:14] <DM_ToA> This vaulted tomb is overgrown with moss and creepers. A stone sarcophagus rests on a stepped dais in the middle of the floor. On the wall behind the sarcophagus, two large statues of bears grip a five-foot-diameter bronze disk embossed with a dozen glaring eyes. Six desiccated corpses slump on thrones in niches along the walls. Each corpse wears a black mask made of papier-m�ch� and
[21:14] <DM_ToA> feathers. An arched crystal window to the east offers a view of the tunnel beyond.
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[21:15] <@Ash→ “I'm going to go out on a limb and say those 5 corpses are going to cause us trouble.”
[21:15] <Stolanimus> �Hmm.�
[21:16] <Miri> (have we read more than one warning by Acererack?)
[21:17] <Kayalia> “Ahhh, this is the room on the other side of the crystal wall.”
[21:17] * Terres looks over the walls trying to find any writing trying to keep his distance from the corpses
[21:17] * Dylan shrugs
[21:17] * Stolanimus examines the nearest corpse.
[21:18] <Miri> “don the mask or be seen….can't…can't be a coincidence they are all wearing masks can it?”
[21:18] <Dylan> “Foulness permeates this area”
[21:18] <Dylan> “The stench of the undead is palpable”
[21:19] <Kayalia> “They're party masks at least. Seems even the dead know how to be fashionable, here.”
[21:19] <@Ash→ “Agreed, I remember that clue as well… if it was a clue.
[21:20] <DM_ToA> The body is water-starved thin, on its face is a paper-mache mask.
[21:20] <@Ash→ “But I'm wondering if those “warnings” were actually tricks.”
[21:20] <Miri> “my guess is they are both.”
[21:20] * Terres looks at Stolanimus checking out the corpse “Make sure its actually dead”
[21:20] * Stolanimus picks up the mask.
[21:20] <Kayalia> “Hm? Well, 'in the darkness it hides', perhaps referred to the creature that attacked Terres.”
[21:21] <DM_ToA> The mask is sturdy, in spite of the weight of years.
[21:21] <Terres> “I am pretty sure i attacked it, and thats how i will remember it”
[21:21] <Kayalia> “It grabbed onto you first, didn't it? Well. Nevermind.”
[21:21] <Stolanimus> �Perhaps if we all look through a mask we can see something?�
[21:21] * Terres twitches “Because i let it…“
[21:22] * Terres resummons a new Mage hand and uses it to pick up a mask from a nearby corpse
[21:23] * Ash- isn't about ready to try on a mask, expecting the worse to happen.
[21:24] <Terres> ( i will examine the mask before touching it)
[21:24] * Stolanimus puts the mask on.
[21:24] <Stolanimus> (i can see your underpants now!)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> Stol - you put the mask on and nothing happens…it's not the best smell…
[21:24] <Kayalia> “I'm willing to try one on as well. You feeling fine still, Stol?”
[21:24] <Terres> (umm isnt doing impulsive stupid things my thing?)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> Terres – the mask is a normal paper-mache mask)
[21:25] <Stolanimus> �It seems normal�
[21:25] * Terres looks through the mask around the room
[21:26] <DM_ToA> Terres nothing different.)
[21:26] <Terres> (anything else on the dead guys sitting around?)
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (Nope, just dry bodies)
[21:27] <Dylan> “What was the clue?”
[21:27] * Kayalia finds a mask to wear, grimacing at the stench of the body.
[21:27] <Dylan> “Don the mask or be seen. “
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (let me get the map up for you all)
[21:28] <@Ash→ ” One stands between them.
[21:28] <@Ash→ In darkness, it hides.
[21:28] <@Ash→ Don the mask or be seen.
[21:28] <@Ash→ Speak no truth to the doomed child.
[21:28] <@Ash→ The keys turn on the inside only.
[21:28] <Terres> (none of them have a wand of wander stashed in a pocket)
[21:28] <Dylan> “Try walking past those skeletons while wearing the mask”
[21:28] <Kayalia> “Seen by the one in the middle, perhaps? Or another overseer of this place?”
[21:29] <DM_ToA> (https://imgur.com/8SIwwGH)
[21:29] * Terres examines the sarcophags
[21:29] <DM_ToA> Terres wearing a mask?)
[21:29] <Dylan> (is terres wearing the mask?)
[21:29] <Terres> (i guess i am looking through it still)
[21:30] <DM_ToA> The sarcophagus is stone, roughly carved.
[21:30] * Stolanimus follows Terres.
[21:31] <Dylan> Terres try pushing that open”
[21:31] * Dylan stops Tol
[21:31] <Terres> (no writing anywhere in this room)
[21:31] <Dylan> *stol
[21:31] * Stolanimus assists Terres.
[21:31] <Dylan> “No, Don the mask or be seen. “
[21:31] * Terres tries to open the stone box
[21:31] <Dylan> “You'll be seen by whatever it is”
[21:31] * Miri stays far back from the sarcophagus.
[21:31] <DM_ToA> (pushing open? Str check or Athletics)
[21:32] <Stolanimus> (I�m wearing a mask)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> Miri masked?)
[21:32] <Terres> 1d20 str
[21:32] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?) 'str']: 9
[21:32] <Stolanimus> 1d20+0
[21:32] <Miri> (nope, hense me staying back from it)
[21:32] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+0]: 4
[21:32] <Dylan> (oh go ahead then)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:32] * Ash- stands by one of the masked figures, but does not take or wear a mask.
[21:32] <DM_ToA> The stone lid doesn't move.
[21:32] <Terres> (i use dark ones luck for my roll)
[21:32] <Stolanimus> �It�s too heavy for me�
[21:32] <Terres> 1d10
[21:32] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(?)]: 8
[21:33] <Terres> (so my total is 17)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> The stone lid slips off with a thud
[21:33] * Stolanimus peers inside.
[21:34] <DM_ToA> There is a pile of bones in a corner. Atop of it rests a copper ring.
[21:35] * Terres looks inside “probably trapped”
[21:35] <Stolanimus> �Just a pile of bones, but there�s a copper ring.�
[21:35] <Dylan> “grab the ring?”
[21:35] * Dylan shrugs
[21:35] * Terres uses magehand to lift the ring
[21:37] <Dylan> “Put it in a bag, after our previous ring encounter I don't wanna wear any rings”
[21:37] * Terres examines the ring closer from the palm of the Mage hand
[21:37] <DM_ToA> The ring lifts up slowly…
[21:38] * Miri chuckles at dylan's words.
[21:39] <Terres> “Looks like a simple copper ring”
[21:39] <Dylan> “All magic rings look like simple rings to me”
[21:39] * Terres hands it to Dylan
[21:40] * Dylan holds out a bag not touching it
[21:40] <DM_ToA> The ring floats over to you Dylan.
[21:40] <DM_ToA> The ring hovers for a second, then is dumped into the small bag with little ceremony.
[21:40] * Dylan closes the bag
[21:40] * Terres checks the Sarcophagus one more time then turns his attention to the metal disk the bears are holding up
[21:41] <@Ash→ “How about trying to identify if there's any magic to it.
[21:41] <Terres> “is this thing looking at us?”
[21:41] <Dylan> “I don't have that ability, do you?”
[21:41] <@Ash→ “I could give it a go.”
[21:41] <DM_ToA> The sarchophagus just holds the bones of some creature.
[21:42] * Dylan holds open the bag
[21:42] <Dylan> “Don't touch it until we knows what it is”
[21:42] * Stolanimus moves to the door and tries to open it.
[21:42] <DM_ToA> The bronze disk has twelve pairs of eyes…each of them look around the room, gliding their gaze over you.
[21:43] <Terres> (the eyes are painted on or something more creepy?)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (The door to the right?)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (the eyes are painted on)
[21:43] * Dylan eyes the corpses
[21:44] <DM_ToA> The corpses just lie there.
[21:45] <Terres> (the metal disk is stationary or can it be moved)
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (You can see it's being held by the pair of bear statues pretty tight)
[21:46] <Terres> “Time to find a way out of this room!”
[21:47] * Terres moves next to Stolanimus and checks the door
[21:47] * Ash- watches the room cautiously.
[21:47] <DM_ToA> (roll perception both of you)
[21:47] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7
[21:47] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+7]: 19
[21:48] * Dylan stands back watching the room cautiously as well
[21:48] <Terres> 1d20+3
[21:48] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+3]: 16
[21:49] * Miri lights her sword and keeps it lit, and at the ready.
[21:49] * Dylan turns to Miri
[21:49] <Dylan> “You know, a part of me wanted to fight those”
[21:49] * Dylan says with regards to the corpses
[21:50] * Kayalia sheepishly eyes Dylan.
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (Why didn't you say so?)
[21:50] * Terres points to the alcove to the north behind a corpse “another secret door”
[21:50] * Miri smirks “Welcome to my world.”
[21:50] <Dylan> (i dont think everyone else did)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (Pfft – what do they know about the fury and sting of combat?)
[21:53] * Dylan picks at a nail watching everyone
[21:53] <DM_ToA> The secret door opens with a hesitant creak…
[21:54] * Kayalia wishes she had a nail file, personally. This adventure has been hell on her nails.
[21:54] <DM_ToA> Beyond is a darkened passage.
[21:54] <DM_ToA> (The wight hands Kayalia an emory board and asks for some moisturizer)
[21:54] * Terres peers down the dark passage trying to make out any details (with dark vision)
[21:54] <Kayalia> (I have that! from bath & body works Chult)
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (how far out does your darkvision go?)
[21:55] <Dylan> “I guess, use that hand to get the masks everyone put one on and move on through to the door and out?”
[21:56] <Terres> (You can see in darkness (shades of gray) up to 60 ft.)
[21:57] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:57] <DM_ToA> (the passage goes out and opens up into a plain room as far as you can see)
[21:58] <@Ash→ “Why are we putting these masks on?”
[21:58] <Dylan> “So whatever it is can't see us, it was part of the clues 'Don the mask or be seen. '“
[21:58] <@Ash→ “Yeah, but there's nothing to be seeing us at the moment.
[21:58] * Dylan eyes the corpses
[21:59] <Dylan> “Are you sure?”
[21:59] * Terres whispers to Stol “It looks it goes towards a plain room”
[21:59] <@Ash→ “Are you sure the masks are safe?”
[21:59] <Kayalia> (What about those eyes on the disc?)
[21:59] <Dylan> “They don't seem to have affected anyone else.”
[21:59] * Sentagur (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) has joined #grovewood
[21:59] <Sentagur> (test)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (painted on and scanning the room)
[21:59] <@Ash→ (Fail)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (Hi, Sent)
[22:00] <Kayalia> “I think the mask has affected me… actually. My sense of smell, anyway.”
[22:00] * Sentagur is now known as Terres-
[22:00] * Dylan dons the mask and moves through the room and exits
[22:01] * Miri will not don a mask, so that everyone else can.
[22:01] * Ash- will take a mask, but not don it.
[22:01] * Stolanimus nods at Terres
[22:01] <DM_ToA> Miri and Ash crossing the room?)
[22:01] <@Ash→ (yes)
[22:02] <DM_ToA> As Ash and Miri cross the room – the corpses stir and lurch up to stand
[22:02] * Kayalia skips after Dylan and them before Miri and Ash do.
[22:02] * Dylan waits at the other side for Miri and Ash while they cross a little exasperated
[22:03] * Ash- will now put a mask on.
[22:03] <@Ash→ “Oh geez”
[22:03] <Miri> (yes)
[22:03] * Terres (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[22:03] * Kayalia sighs deeply.
[22:03] * Dylan tosses miri a mask from the safety of across the room
[22:03] * Terres- is now known as Terres
[22:03] <DM_ToA> They all look to Miri leathery tongues loll out of their mouths.
[22:03] <Dylan> “Put it on”
[22:03] <DM_ToA> Miri – make a Dex check to catch the mask)
[22:03] <Terres> (or we could fight them)
[22:03] <DM_ToA> (DC 14)
[22:04] <Miri> 1d20 vs dc14
[22:04] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(?) 'vs dc14']: 2 (Fail)
[22:04] <Dylan> (ok yea lets fight them)
[22:04] <Terres> (if we are going to do every trap the brute force way our little groups should be called “Face First”)
[22:04] <DM_ToA> The mask takes a sudden twist and falls short. The corpses scramble for Miri.
[22:04] * Ash- returns to Miri's side
[22:05] * Kayalia sighs deeply.
[22:05] <Dylan> “Or we could fight them.”
[22:05] * Dylan says with a shrug
[22:05] <DM_ToA> (Init for everyone getting into combat)
[22:05] * Terres hears the commotion behind him and turns around
[22:05] * Kayalia tosses the mask and pulls out her warfan instead. “Such is life.”
[22:05] <@Ash→ 1d20
[22:05] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)]: 5
[22:05] <Miri> 1d20 adv
[22:05] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(14, 14) 'adv']: 14
[22:05] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[22:05] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+1 'init']: 19
[22:05] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[22:05] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+3]: 11
[22:05] <Kayalia> 1d20+5 adv
[22:05] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(17, 12)+5 'adv']: 22
[22:05] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[22:05] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+2]: 15
[22:06] * Dylan stands next to Miri
[22:06] <DM_ToA> The yuan-ti finally slither in and look around…
[22:06] <DM_ToA> “Pathetic.”
[22:06] <Kayalia> “Gross, right?”
[22:07] * Miri has a rather sadistic grin on her face.
[22:07] <DM_ToA> They all draw their swords and crawl into the combat.
[22:07] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[22:07] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+2]: 8
[22:08] <Dylan> (who are they attacking?)
[22:08] <@Ash→ (Probably the undead)
[22:08] <Dylan> (or was that init?)
[22:08] * Kayalia mumbles to herself, regarding Miri's Silhoutte. “A masochist or a sadist, I wonder?”
[22:09] <DM_ToA> (ok – so far for init I have: Kayalia Terres Wights, Dylan Yuan-Ti, Ash – did I miss anyone?)
[22:09] <Miri> (ME)
[22:09] <Terres> (the baddies)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (Did you roll, Miri?)
[22:10] <Miri> (yes, got a 14)
[22:10] <Kayalia> (I got buzzed…)
[22:11] <Kayalia> (is there a combat map?)
[22:11] <DM_ToA> (hang on)
[22:13] * Kayalia scowls at her dagger of warning which finally decided to warn her there was danger.
[22:14] <Kayalia> (This dagger reminds me of when I am in bumper-to-bumper traffic and then google maps says there's a slowdown ahead.)
[22:15] <Dylan> (lol gotta use waze)
[22:16] <DM_ToA> (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435)
[22:16] <Terres> (gonna snipe from the secret door to the north)
[22:17] <DM_ToA> (place yourselves where needed)
[22:17] <Miri> (where is the secret door?)
[22:18] <DM_ToA> (where is says secret door)
[22:18] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[22:18] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+2]: 12
[22:18] <Miri> (ok)
[22:18] <Stolanimus> (sorry� packing some. leaving in an hour for Colorado for ski trip. Yay!)
[22:19] <Kayalia> (AWESOME)
[22:19] <DM_ToA> (neat!)
[22:19] <Kayalia> (XD XD !!!)
[22:19] <Terres> (cant go skiing while undead are attacking)
[22:19] <Kayalia> (can we bookmark tonight at the start of this battle ?)
[22:19] <Stolanimus> (that�s a rule?)
[22:19] <@Ash→ (Sure you can, haven't you seen “Dead Snow”?)
[22:19] <DM_ToA> (an underrated zombie film)
[22:20] <DM_ToA> (Kay – you mean pick up the game later?)
[22:20] <Dylan> (i wanted to try this battle though)
[22:20] <Kayalia> (yiss.)
[22:21] <Kayalia> (need sleep. work.)
[22:21] <@Ash→ (Now is a good stopping point)
[22:21] <Dylan> (but with 6 enemies i think it might go on late)
[22:21] <Kayalia> (how quick will this be??)
[22:21] <DM_ToA> (Actually – yeah…let Tollers pack in peace. Layalia is tired and to be honest – I'm feeling out of sorts.)
[22:21] <Dylan> (so yea, for all of t he EST people)
[22:21] <Miri> (ohtays)
[22:21] <DM_ToA> (This will be a bit of a long battle.)
[22:22] <Terres> (dont tell me we have to fight the bears after the zombies)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (Sorry all, I got started late…and as I said earlier – I'm out of sorts. I'll give everyone and extra 500 XP)
[22:22] <Stolanimus> (if we use our level 3 spells this round, and then resume next week does that count as a long rest? :P )
[22:22] <Dylan> (ok)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (No, Terres – you can fight the bears during the zombies.)
[22:22] <Terres> (yess)
[22:23] <@Ash→ By the way, something was pointed out to me…
[22:23] <@Ash→ <Terres> you stol and Dylan dont seem to have exp for last week
[22:23] <Terres> (ill tame one… and love him and take care of him and call him george)
[22:23] <Kayalia> (can I has lvl 3 spell slots?? :P)
[22:24] <Terres> (yep thier exp sheet are missing stuff from last week or maybe i am looking in the wrong spot)
[22:24] <Stolanimus> huh
[22:26] <DM_ToA> got it fixed. Up to date for everyone.
[22:26] <Dylan> yess level me to 8 ^.^
[22:26] <Kayalia> (preview of next session: <Kayalia> Miri I'm going to need you to stop shortening my name to one letter.” <Miri> *rages*)
[22:26] <Miri> lol
[22:27] <DM_ToA> I'm going to head out – i think some juice and aspirin will help. Sorry, all – but Tollers, have a good trip.

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_44_-_3-10-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/05/06 01:27 by ryubasteon