Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_42_-_2-24-2019

[19:30] <DM_ToA> When last we left our questing adventurers, they braved the treacheries of the lost city of Omu, dodging puzzles, grief-stricken tabaxi and fanatic snake-people to venture into the hidden temple beneath the city. Now, bluffing their way through the guards, and falling prey to a blinding trap – the Gang Green prepare to step into a room. What will they find there? Who knows? Our compatriots
[19:30] <DM_ToA> will know when the adventure begins in “Tomb of Annihilation”!
[19:30] * Magestar is now known as Ash-
[19:32] <Terres> (i cast a fireball!)
[19:36] <DM_ToA> (Don't you want to know the size of the room?)
[19:36] <@Ash→ (I have resistance to fire and to spells, so I don't care)
[19:36] <DM_ToA> The door has been unlatched and just needs a small push open…or a blazing ball of flame and fury. It's your call.
[19:36] <Terres> (well i guess i wait to see whats behind door No. 1)
[19:36] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[19:37] * Terres carefully pushes the door open with his staff (unless someone else wants to trigger the acid trap)
[19:37] <DM_ToA> The air in here is moist and sticky. Natural light spills from cracks in the ceiling, and mud coats the floor. Stone workbenches are laden with clay bottles of various shapes and sizes. Toadstools, snakeroot, and belladonna plants grow among the clutter, fed by water seeping from above. Standing near the plants is a hairless man with scaly skin and a bronze syringe. Lurking in the shadows
[19:37] <DM_ToA> around him are five slouching humans that reek of decay.
[19:39] <DM_ToA> (https://imgur.com/X8XaP9J)
[19:39] <Stolanimus> (oops, i leveled 3 weeks ago)
[19:39] <DM_ToA> (Yeah – if you leveled…now is a good time to take advantage of that)
[19:40] <Terres> (where is the scaley guy at?)
[19:41] * May is now known as Kayalia
[19:41] <DM_ToA> (left side of the room, in between biers 2 and 3, counting down)
[19:42] <Terres> (he didnt notice us and what do you mean around him are 5 decayed humans… as in corpses or undead servants?)
[19:42] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[19:43] <Terres> (there he is, i wait for Dylan to go in and act as a buffer for the important warlocks)
[19:44] <DM_ToA> (He doesn't seem to notice you as he's fussing with one of the servants.)
[19:44] <Dylan> (what did i miss?)
[19:45] <@Ash→ (Us kicking down the door)
[19:45] <Terres> (we opened the door, someone is blind i think , we see a lizardy looking guy with some undead servants around him)
[19:46] <DM_ToA> Kayalia was blind, but she got better)
[19:46] <Dylan> (what was the game plan?)
[19:46] <Kayalia> (Apparent;y Kaya picked the lock?)
[19:47] <Dylan> (but what is our plan wrt to this guy?)
[19:47] <Terres> (i say we try to get some info out of him if possible)
[19:48] <Dylan> (just go in and talk to him probably works)
[19:48] <Dylan> (are uhmm people here?)
[19:49] <Terres> (one lizard guy and 5ish undead looking servants)
[19:49] <DM_ToA> (5 people…but they look gaunt and greyish)
[19:49] <Dylan> (i mean all of the players are very quiet, ash? Stol/)
[19:50] <Terres> (i mean i all up for just walking in like i beling but apparently that i want imput from the others too)
[19:50] <Stolanimus> (unsure)
[19:50] <Terres> (i learnerd my leasson going face first into traps)
[19:50] <Dylan> (lets just walk in and talk to him)
[19:50] <@Ash→ (Well I don't think we really get a chance to talk, either this guy notices us, or he does when we start asking each other what to do)
[19:50] <DM_ToA> The man takes a syringe and plunges it into one of the human's arm and watches it intently for a minute. When it doesn't change, the man shrugs and tucks the needle into his belt.
[19:50] * Kayalia uses tarrot magic to summon dancing lights cantrip, and have them swirl about the area where the hidden scaley is. “You there! Don't just skulk about! Greet us, the reverant deliverer's of Ras Nsi's will properly!”
[19:51] <Dylan> (that works)
[19:51] <Kayalia> (Sorry, was a lot of inaction so I forced a move XD)
[19:51] <Terres> (good i didnt want to be the one who forces the groups hand by just walking in, so right now its Kayas fault)
[19:52] <Kayalia> (You're welcome!)
[19:52] <DM_ToA> The man flnches at the lights, then looks to the group.
[19:52] * Terres walks in and looks expectedly at the lizard person
[19:52] <DM_ToA> He sighs.
[19:52] <DM_ToA> “More damned mercenaries.”
[19:52] <Terres> “Hey we are professionals… not mercanaries”
[19:53] <DM_ToA> He bows quickly. “I greet you in the name of the Night Serpent. Now can I please get back to work?”
[19:53] <Terres> “What exactly are you doing?”
[19:53] <@Ash→ “You may resume your work, when you give us a progress report.”
[19:53] <Kayalia> mubmles quietly: “I like to think I'm more of an entertainer, but, I take my work in Ras Nsi, seriously.”
[19:53] <DM_ToA> A nictating membrane twitches…
[19:54] * Dylan nudges Ash
[19:54] <DM_ToA> “So far, the servants are resistant to batches 5-9. I've changed the formulation and am waiting for it to finish fermenting.”
[19:55] <@Ash→ “What results have you seen thus far?
[19:55] * Terres looks over what he is doing trying to figure it out
[19:55] <DM_ToA> He turns away, tenses and turns back to face Ash “What part of: 'the servants are resistant to batches 5-9' eludes you?”
[19:56] <DM_ToA> Terres roll medicine)
[19:56] <Terres> 1d20+3
[19:56] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+3]: 7
[19:56] <Terres> (ugh)
[19:56] * Dylan looks at the person
[19:56] <DM_ToA> (It ain't makin' corn flakes, that's for darn sure)
[19:56] <Dylan> (are we speaking to a man or a woman?)
[19:56] <DM_ToA> (looks man-like)
[19:57] <@Ash→ “I MEANT OVERALL! Don't take that tone with me, or Ras Nsi will not receive a favorable report!”
[19:57] <Kayalia> “This was all within Ras Nsi's expectations, Ash We needn't press him further. Let's move on.”
[19:57] <DM_ToA> The man narrows his eyes at Ash.
[19:57] * Dylan puts his hand behind his mouth
[19:57] <DM_ToA> “Why did Ras Nsi send you here, again?”
[19:58] <Dylan> “Why did you send us here?”
[19:58] <DM_ToA> Ash roll deception. Kayalia you can assist [and I advise it])
[19:58] <@Ash→ “You should know why he sent us here.”
[19:58] <@Ash→ 2 1d20+3 advantage
[19:58] <Kayalia> (I am assisting)
[19:59] * Ash- pokes TolBot
[19:59] <Stolanimus> 2#
[19:59] <@Ash→ 2#1d20+3 advantage
[19:59] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(10, 10)+3 'advantage']: 13
[19:59] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(5, 3)+3 'advantage']: 8
[19:59] <Dylan> “Well, because there is a horrible curse which is plaguing the land. We are looking for a cure for the death curse.”
[19:59] * Ash- glares at Dylan.
[20:00] <Dylan> “We want to put an end to the death curse.”
[20:01] <DM_ToA> The man takes out the syringe. “The poisons aren't advancing the glory of the race.”
[20:01] <DM_ToA> He looks to Dylan: “Death Curse? I have no time for superstitions.”
[20:01] <@Ash→ “Yeah fool. Know your place. His work is more important!”
[20:02] <DM_ToA> “Once the toxin overcomes the zombies, I will begin live trials. Once that works, I intent to advance to a purer form of our ancestors and take my place next to the Night Serpent.”
[20:03] <DM_ToA> “Ras Nsi with me or not. I serve the Glory of the Race, not some sycophantic necrophiliac.”
[20:03] <Terres> “Didnt we waste enough time here, we need to continue”
[20:03] <Kayalia> “What a splendid dream. Glory to those who wish to be closest to the Nigh Serpent.”
[20:04] <DM_ToA> The man tilts his head in Kayalia's direction.
[20:04] * Stolanimus shakes his head.
[20:04] <DM_ToA> “Excuse me.” He turns and jabs another zombie. he drains the syringe into it, then walks back to pick up another urn to fill it up.
[20:04] <Dylan> (brb food)
[20:06] <DM_ToA> There is a hallway straight ahead. The yuan-ti you've talked to doesn't seem to pay you any further mind.
[20:06] <@Ash→ “Let's go, our work here is done.”
[20:06] <Kayalia> “Well. I apologize if my passion is overbearing.” She then quietly tells her nearest comarade, “I just became so enamored with his illustrious goals, cunning will… I can't help but swoon.”
[20:07] * Terres continues toward the hallway then turns around and asks “When will you start with batch 10?”
[20:07] <DM_ToA> “Batch 10 will finish fermenting in a week.”
[20:08] * Kayalia walks past the conductor of experiements while talking to Ash heading for the other door.
[20:08] * Terres raps his fingertips together and says Excelent before he continues
[20:08] * Dylan also walks past the conductor of the experiments and leaves the room
[20:09] <DM_ToA> (Thank you, Mr. Burns)
[20:09] <Terres> (well i did want to start with a fireball, seemed fitting )
[20:10] * Terres gets to the hallway then stops waiting for Dylan to walk through then he continues
[20:10] <DM_ToA> The hallway stretches out ahead of you. There are three directions: Ahead, Left and Right. There seems to be flickering light ahead of you and the smell of blood.
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (https://imgur.com/a/f9JI3wW)
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[20:12] <@Ash→ “Straight”
[20:13] <Kayalia> (Do you know where we're going?)
[20:13] <Dylan> “Straight”
[20:13] <@Ash→ (Nope)
[20:13] * Terres shrugs and follows Ash as he seems to know what he is doing
[20:14] <Dylan> (north on that little map he just linked us)
[20:15] <Terres> (eventually we are not going to be able to bluff our way around here so i hope everyone put on their ass kicking boots this morning)
[20:16] <@Ash→ (Well until my Enhance Ability wears off, we should have a better chance.)
[20:17] <Dylan> (we arent bluffing we have love truth and justice on our side… SAILOR MOON)
[20:17] <Terres> (i thought thats captain planet)
[20:18] * Terres takes a second to glance down the left and right coridor before continue straight
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (dow the left corridor, you see a branching passage to the side. The right ends in a door)
[20:19] <Kayalia> (I have +3 deception and +6 persuasion…)
[20:19] <Terres> (no signs of other snake people?)
[20:19] <Dylan> (lemme draw my suggested route)
[20:20] <Dylan> (what was that webpage we were using to host pics?)
[20:21] <Kayalia> (imgur)
[20:21] <Dylan> (not imgur, the other one)
[20:21] <Dylan> (https://imgur.com/a/seYsgxPb)
[20:21] <Dylan> (there)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (404 page)
[20:23] <Dylan> (there was another site i was using for temp images)
[20:24] <Terres> (https://postimages.org/???)
[20:24] <Dylan> (i posted it in the fb group)
[20:24] * Stolanimus keeps an eye out.
[20:24] <Dylan> ( https://postimg.cc/xkWK75mn )
[20:24] <Terres> (pretty sure you can post images in discord as well)
[20:24] * Ash- advances straight.
[20:25] <Terres> (i am pretty sure we are comming from the south coridor)
[20:25] * Dylan goes straight and makes a left turn at the four way intersection
[20:25] <Dylan> (oh then straight north)
[20:25] * Terres follows Ash
[20:26] <DM_ToA> An underground cathedral opens before you. At one end, a sculptured balcony perches atop five rearing stone serpents. Blood dribbling from the serpents� jaws falls into a semicircular basin, and from there flows along a sloped trough into a wide stone bowl set into the floor. South of the bowl is a mezzanine, prominently situated atop which is a cauldron of steaming broth that exudes fleshy
[20:26] <DM_ToA> odors. To the west, a huge gong carved with snake patterns stands on a second balcony.
[20:27] * Stolanimus takes in the scene.
[20:27] <Stolanimus> �A place of ritual.”
[20:27] <DM_ToA> (https://imgur.com/a/f9JI3wW)
[20:29] * Terres looks for any writings on the walls
[20:29] <DM_ToA> (roll Investigation, Terres)
[20:29] <Terres> 1d20+4 investigation
[20:29] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+4 'investigation']: 19
[20:30] <@Ash→ “Ugh”
[20:30] <@Ash→ “This stuff never gets old.”
[20:31] * Dylan walks along the east wall looking at the walls heading towards the door on the North East
[20:31] * Terres finds some writings and reads them “yuan-ti ruled these lands and lands beyond, but were pushed back by the rising tide of humanoids. Putting their trust in the Night Serpant, they will rule again.”
[20:32] * Kayalia slinks along the east side of the room, heading for that door as well.
[20:33] <DM_ToA> Dylan – you see incriptions and drawings (think Meso-American art style) of serpent men fighting and capturing people.
[20:33] <DM_ToA> (Do y'all listen to the door?)
[20:34] * Dylan stops at the door and listens
[20:34] * Stolanimus listens.
[20:34] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 perc
[20:34] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+7 'perc']: 19
[20:34] <DM_ToA> (Roll perception, everyone crowding the door)
[20:34] * Ash- waits at the entrance they came into, as everybody fans out to search.
[20:34] <Dylan> 1d20+0
[20:34] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+0]: 11
[20:34] <Terres> 1d20+3 perc
[20:34] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+3 'perc']: 13
[20:34] <Kayalia> 1d20+6 perception
[20:34] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+6 'perception']: 25
[20:35] * Stolanimus points to the door, and whispers, �Voices in here. One of them sounds menacing.“
[20:36] <Kayalia> “Sounds like… three of them.”
[20:37] * Kayalia looks shocked for a second, listening to the voices.
[20:38] <DM_ToA> Ash roll perception)
[20:38] <@Ash→ 1d20+3
[20:38] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)+3]: 4 (O the agony.)
[20:39] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[20:39] <@Ash→ (Yup, I'm screwed)
[20:39] * Kayalia whispers to Dylan “Did you hear that? It sounded like someone -addressing- Ras Nsi himself…“
[20:39] <DM_ToA> (What is anyone else doing?)
[20:40] * Dylan shakes his head no
[20:40] <Terres> (checking out the temple after i couldnt hear much at the door)
[20:41] <Dylan> “Should we go in? and Tell them they invited us to come get the final cube, so we arrived? I vote we do that, straightest path and all”
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (This is a abomination, regardless of the faith you profess)
[20:41] * Dylan whispers
[20:42] <@Ash→ “I don't think that will work, since they know people will be coming for it.”
[20:42] * Ash- turns.
[20:42] <DM_ToA> Two yuan-ti walk into the chamber from the south. “YOU THERE!”
[20:43] <@Ash→ “Yes, what do you want?”
[20:43] <Terres> “What now!”
[20:43] <DM_ToA> “Sima�no synagerm�!”
[20:44] <DM_ToA> One runs for a ramp on the east, that leads up to a gong. The other draws a sword.
[20:44] <DM_ToA> (initiative, everyone)
[20:45] <@Ash→ 1d20
[20:45] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)]: 18
[20:45] * Kayalia considered casting charm person…
[20:45] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[20:45] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+1 'init']: 4
[20:45] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[20:45] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+2]: 3 (Sorry.)
[20:45] <Kayalia> 2#1d20+4
[20:45] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+4]: 10
[20:45] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+4]: 15
[20:46] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1
[20:46] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+1]: 19
[20:46] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[20:46] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+3]: 13
[20:46] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1
[20:46] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+1]: 16
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (order: Yuan-ti 1, Ash Yuan-ti 2, Kayalia Dylan Terres Stolanimus)
[20:48] <DM_ToA> Round 1
[20:48] <Stolanimus> �Stop him.”
[20:49] <DM_ToA> Yuan-ti 1 Dashes for the gong.
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (he will get there round after next if no one hampers him)
[20:50] <DM_ToA> (Do we need battleboard to help?)
[20:50] <@Ash→ (Might be helpful)
[20:51] <Kayalia> (I should be able to interdict him if I use dash as a bonus action)
[20:51] <Stolanimus> (always helpful)
[20:51] <Kayalia> (provided the battle map has the same grid as the real map)
[20:53] <DM_ToA> (I wish I could overlay on this)
[20:55] <Kayalia> (I'm sure there's a way… just not with excel)
[20:59] <Dylan> (theres a way to do it in roll 20)
[20:59] <Kayalia> (yeah)
[20:59] * Sentagur (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) has joined #grovewood
[21:00] <Sentagur> (hmm i got dcd)
[21:01] <@Ash→ (Well figure it out for next week, for now we'll just continue the combat)
[21:03] * Sentagur is now known as Terres-
[21:03] * Terres (ThEeYe@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[21:03] <DM_ToA> (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435)
[21:03] <DM_ToA> There you go, plant yourselves.
[21:05] <Stolanimus> (where�s the door I was lisenting at?)
[21:05] <Kayalia> (I think you made the room a bit wider…
[21:05] <DM_ToA> Upper left, Stol
[21:06] <DM_ToA> (I need to get a second cam and some OotS pawns)
[21:07] <Stolanimus> (I don�t see a door at upper left)
[21:07] <Stolanimus> (I�m near whatever door it is)
[21:07] <Stolanimus> (can you move me?)
[21:07] <Stolanimus> (or by upper left do you mean upper right? :) )
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (Sorry – upper right. You're moved)
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (frickin' theatre nerds. :D )
[21:08] <@Ash→ (Hey!)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> Kayalia – near the door?)
[21:10] <DM_ToA> (ok – Ash your turn)
[21:11] * Ash- casts an unfamiliar spell for the first time (Cha 14 save for Yuan-1)
[21:11] <Kayalia> (I should be able to do this with the real map, Tol… https://imgur.com/XaJrF4Z)
[21:11] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2 adv DC 14
[21:11] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(6, 9)+2 'adv DC 14']: 11
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (*sigh*)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (failed his save, what happens to it?)
[21:12] * Ash- watches as the Yuan-ti is banished to an extra-dimensional plane somewhere not here.
[21:12] <@Ash→ (Banishment)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> The yuan-ti looks started for a second, then there is a loud *pop* as he disappears.
[21:13] <@Ash→ (That's my turn)
[21:13] <@Ash→ (But you got the wrong Yuan-ti)
[21:13] <DM_ToA> (Oh, sorry)
[21:14] <@Ash→ “You've got a minute to take care of this one!”
[21:14] <@Ash→ “I think”
[21:14] <DM_ToA> The yuan-ti in front of you slashes at Ash with a wicked scimitar…
[21:14] <Kayalia> (I didn't know yaun-ti weren't nativw to the material plane…)
[21:14] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:14] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3]: 5
[21:14] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:14] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3]: 14
[21:14] <@Ash→ (They are native, but that just means he can come back)
[21:15] <@Ash→ (Double miss)
[21:15] <DM_ToA> The yuan-ti hisses as his attacks go wide – unnerved by the disappearance of his comrade.
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (Kayalia)
[21:15] <Kayalia> (icic)
[21:16] * Kayalia dashes to attack the Yaun-ti, then,
[21:17] <DM_ToA> (roll to attack)
[21:17] <Kayalia> 1d20+8
[21:17] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+8]: 19
[21:17] <DM_ToA> (hit)
[21:17] <Kayalia> 4d6+5
[21:17] <TolBot> Kayalia's 4d6(????)+5]: 18
[21:18] <DM_ToA> Kayalia sprints at the creature, her head down on a bull's rush. She skids to a stop, slashing with her fan, catching the thing with the razor sharp edge.
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[21:19] * Dylan moves 30 feet and attacks
[21:19] <Dylan> (using misery)
[21:19] <Dylan> 1d20+11
[21:19] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+11]: 19
[21:19] * Dylan uses command word misery
[21:19] <Dylan> (hit?)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> (Yep)
[21:20] <Dylan> 3d6+5
[21:20] <TolBot> Dylan's 3d6(???)+5]: 18
[21:20] <DM_ToA> As you say the trigger word, the air shimmers like a heat mirage. When you strike at it – the creature shrieks and holds it's head.
[21:20] <DM_ToA> (roll psychic damage as well)
[21:21] <Dylan> (i rolled it with the normal damage 2d6+5 + 1d6 )
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (oh, OK)
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[21:21] <Stolanimus> (man, hope we�re not spending all our juice on this little minion. Cause I heard something on the other side of this door.)
[21:21] * Terres- casts Eldritch blast at the snake
[21:22] <Terres→ 2#1d20+8
[21:22] <TolBot> Terres-'s 1d20(?)+8]: 15
[21:22] <TolBot> Terres-'s 1d20(?)+8]: 23
[21:22] <Dylan> (no i should have made two attacks, oh well)
[21:22] <DM_ToA> (both hit, roll damage)
[21:22] <Terres→ 2#1d10+3
[21:22] <TolBot> Terres-'s 1d10(?)+3]: 13
[21:22] <TolBot> Terres-'s 1d10(?)+3]: 11
[21:22] <Dylan> (its been a minute since i have seen combat with this character
[21:22] <Dylan> )
[21:23] <DM_ToA> The yuan-ti explodes in a crackle of etheric potential.
[21:23] <Terres→ (i kill it?)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (and somewhere – a yuan-ti janitor curses your collective names and plots his revenge as he fills his mop bucket.)
[21:24] <Terres→ (nice i get 11 temp hp if i killed it)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (Oh yeah – was down to four)
[21:24] <Dylan> (how long does banishment last?)
[21:24] <@Ash→ “Somebody disable that gong, the rest of you crowd around the spot where that other one disappeared, before it returns.”
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (Stol?)
[21:25] * Terres- looks over at the gong “Lets hide that thing before the other one comes back”
[21:26] <Kayalia> (CAN one disable a gong?)
[21:26] * Dylan waits sword in hand for the thing to reappear
[21:26] * Kayalia goes to look at finding a way to keep the gong from being used somehow.
[21:26] <@Ash→ “Throw it in that blood bath, it probably will hide the body well”
[21:26] <Terres→ (we could take it off the chains and dunk it in the bllo pool)
[21:27] <Dylan> (will i get Advantage for suprise attack when the thing returns?)
[21:27] <@Ash→ “Be quick, we have less than a minute, before it's back, if this spell does what I think it does.”
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (Yes, anyone participating in the attack will get advantage)
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (Round 2 – It comes back at Round 10)
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (Declare your actions)
[21:28] * Ash- moves into place to bash the Yuan-Ti with his mace when it returns.
[21:28] <Dylan> “Why wait, why don't we just go in and talk?”
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (Kay?)
[21:29] <Stolanimus> (it didn�t go down?)
[21:29] * Kayalia does the thing she stated above, and also maybe readies her crossbow with a bolt.
[21:29] <Dylan> (its dead)
[21:29] <DM_ToA> (Kay – roll investigation)
[21:29] <@Ash→ (One is dead, the other is on a demi-plane for a little bit longer)
[21:29] <Dylan> (do we wait for the one to return from banishment or do we go in and talk to Rah Nsi?)
[21:30] <@Ash→ (Wait)
[21:30] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 investigation
[21:30] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+3 'investigation']: 22
[21:30] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 flame
[21:30] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+7 'flame']: 13
[21:31] * Kayalia grabs the mallet and tosses it in the blood river.
[21:32] <Stolanimus> (you shoulda vanished the gong. LoL)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> The blood makes a syrupy *bloop* as the hammer sinks down.
[21:32] <Stolanimus> �Can someone hide it with an illusion?”
[21:32] <DM_ToA> (Dylan?)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (Stol – what's the flame for?)
[21:33] <Terres→ (i have minor illusion but i am not sure if i can hide the gong with it)
[21:33] <Dylan> “Why are we bothering? We should move to talk to Rah Nsi”
[21:33] * Dylan walks towards the door
[21:34] <Stolanimus> (cause I�m an idiot)
[21:34] <Terres→ “Because the other one will raise an alarm when he pops back”
[21:34] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[21:34] <@Ash→ “No, we should get rid of this threat first.”
[21:34] <@Ash→ “Do you want to give us our element of surprise?”
[21:34] * Dylan stops and moves back
[21:34] <@Ash→ (Give up)
[21:34] * Dylan waits for the guy to pop up
[21:34] <Dylan> “Ok.. I hope more don't show up”
[21:35] * Terres- casts Mage armor on himself then waits for the snake man to pop back
[21:35] <DM_ToA> Dylan holding action)
[21:35] <Dylan> (yea)
[21:35] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[21:35] <Terres→ (holding action until the other one pops back)
[21:35] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:35] <DM_ToA> (Round Three)
[21:36] <@Ash→ “When everybody is in position, I can end the spell.”
[21:36] <Dylan> “I am ready”
[21:36] * Stolanimus hands Kaya and Dylan 5 Goodberries each, �For healing.�
[21:36] <@Ash→ (I see 3 possibly not ready)
[21:37] * Kayalia eats a berry, I guess! since she's appaently missing HP from last session.
[21:38] <Stolanimus> (heals 1HP)
[21:38] * Kayalia eats 2 for now.
[21:38] <DM_ToA> (Everyone ready?)
[21:38] <Dylan> (yes)
[21:39] <DM_ToA> There is a pulse and the very confused yuan-ti pops back into existence. Everyone who is attacking roll with advantage.
[21:39] <@Ash→ 1d20+5 advantage
[21:39] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(2, 14)+5 'advantage']: 19
[21:39] * Terres- fires off another set of eldritch blasts
[21:40] <@Ash→ 1d6+2 magic mace damage
[21:40] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d6(?)+2 'magic mace damage']: 4
[21:40] <DM_ToA> Ash roll damage)
[21:40] <Terres→ (advantage is only on the first roll right?)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (no, both rolls in your case, since you're rolling seperately.)
[21:41] <Terres→ 2#1d20+8 advantage
[21:41] <TolBot> Terres-'s 1d20(15, 9)+8 'advantage']: 23
[21:41] <TolBot> Terres-'s 1d20(3, 20)+8 'advantage']: 28 (Amazing.)
[21:41] <Terres→ 1d10+3 1st
[21:41] <TolBot> Terres-'s 1d10(?)+3 '1st']: 7
[21:41] <Terres→ 2d10+3 2nd
[21:41] <TolBot> Terres-'s 2d10(??)+3 '2nd']: 9
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (anyone else? He's looking bad, but not deathly)
[21:43] * Dylan attacks the creature taking two mighty swings muttering misery
[21:43] <Dylan> 2#1d20+8 advantage
[21:43] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(20, 11)+8 'advantage']: 28 (Most impressive.)
[21:43] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(20, 9)+8 'advantage']: 28 (Sweet!)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (oh, crap)
[21:44] <Dylan> (oh wow)
[21:44] <@Ash→ (Epic misery strikes this foo)
[21:44] <Terres→ (now thats what i call slice'n'dice)
[21:44] <Dylan> (does crit apply to magic damage?)
[21:44] <DM_ToA> (I don't think so…)
[21:44] * Kayalia shoots?
[21:44] <Kayalia> 2#1d20+7
[21:44] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+7]: 9
[21:44] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+7]: 13
[21:45] <Kayalia> (SNERK…)
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (one hit)
[21:45] <Dylan> 8d6+10
[21:45] <TolBot> Dylan's 8d6(????????)+10]: 43
[21:45] <Dylan> (thats the damage i hit him with)
[21:45] <Kayalia> (8d6+10????)
[21:45] <Terres→ Dylan him him with his pickup truck)
[21:45] <Kayalia> 4d6+4
[21:45] <TolBot> Kayalia's 4d6(????)+4]: 16
[21:46] <Dylan> (2d6+5 * 2 + 2d6+6 *2 +2d6 )
[21:46] <Kayalia> (how is +5? how is doubled?)
[21:46] <Dylan> (ok)
[21:46] <Kayalia> (only the # of dice is doubled by a crit)
[21:46] <Dylan> (i didnt double it that would have been +20)
[21:47] <DM_ToA> Dylan's blow cleaves through him at the same time Kayalia's arrow strikes him in the stomach.
[21:47] <Dylan> (two attacks at +5 is +10)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> The chunks of yuan-ti pelt the floor…
[21:49] * Dylan looks at the creature and shrugs
[21:49] <@Ash→ “Now we don't have to worry about them summoning reinforcements to attack us from behind.”
[21:49] <Dylan> “So, onwards to meet Rah Nsi?”
[21:49] <Dylan> “Let's try talking to him before we…“
[21:49] * Dylan gestures at the remains
[21:50] * Stolanimus moves to the door.
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (God, if it ends up being that easy…game over, man. Game over.)
[21:50] * Terres- looks over the remains for anything of note(like notes with a plan and valuables)
[21:50] * Dylan moves to the door
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (nope, he died poor and naked)
[21:50] <Dylan> (and chunky)
[21:51] <Dylan> ( i couldnt liquify him)
[21:51] <@Ash→ “I doubt it will be as easy as talking to him and getting everything we wish. They obviously don't care for humanoids, and plan our destruction… but we can try talking first.”
[21:51] <Terres→ (are you telling me those bargain bin henchmen can memorize the evil plan without writing it down somewhere?)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> (He's in his base of operatinos, and more than likely not even a mook)
[21:52] <Terres→ (wait we fought naked snake men??? ewwwww)
[21:52] <Dylan> “Are you ready?”
[21:53] * Dylan puts away his weapons
[21:53] <DM_ToA> (The Glory of teh Race will not be hampered by the plots of men or their pants!)
[21:53] * Terres- gets ready to go through the door
[21:54] <DM_ToA> Everyone at the door?
[21:54] <Terres→ ( definitely supporting from the back row)
[21:55] * Dylan enters
[21:55] * Terres- follows
[21:56] <@Ash→ (back row also)
[21:56] * Stolanimus moves in.
[21:58] * Kayalia is a middle-row kinda gal.
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> map's up
[21:59] <Kayalia> (apparently I was supposed to be lvl 8 but I never leveled up… now I have jack of all trades! hurrah.)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> You open the door, and there is a long corridor…leading to a room…
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (you go down it?)
[22:01] * Dylan enters into the room walks up the west side and stands before the throne where Rah Nsi is and bows
[22:02] <Terres→ (RasNsi you old snake oil pedler, how is the family?)
[22:02] <Dylan> “Rah Nsi, we have come as invited for the final puzzle piece. We wish to end the death curse the plagues the land.”
[22:02] <DM_ToA> Four pillars support the vaulted ceiling, and steps ascend to an iron throne carved in the likeness of a hydra. Painted on the wall behind it is a large blue triangle. To the south, an engraved stone disk is set into the floor of an alcove. A ten-foot-wide opening in the east wall leads to a flooded cave.
[22:03] <Terres→ (wow Dylan dont just go in and whip it out, a bit of foreplay first is always better)
[22:03] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi – Half man, half serpent rises up to his full height. His eyes coldly pick you apart.
[22:03] <Dylan> (you think dylan has subtlty? :P)
[22:03] <DM_ToA> The man in the center of the room, draws a blade.
[22:04] <Kayalia> “Well, don't eye me like a piece of meat. Buy me a drink or two, first!”
[22:04] <Terres→ “You better put that back before someone gets hurt!”
[22:04] * Ash- sighs
[22:05] <DM_ToA> (The DM sighs)
[22:05] * Kayalia mutters quietly in reaction to Ash's sigh. “Yeah, this ain't going well already.”
[22:05] <Terres→ (what do the other snake people do?)
[22:05] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi: “Who are you to *dare* to intrude on me?)
[22:05] <DM_ToA> (the others take an offensive stance)
[22:06] <Dylan> “We are the adventurers who have come to this land, looking for the cure for the death curse”
[22:06] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi narrows his eyes. “What do you know of the curse?”
[22:07] <Terres→ “Soulmonger means anything to you?”
[22:07] * Dylan describes the death curse and how it is making people sick and the reasons why they were trying to find the cure
[22:07] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi: “No.”
[22:07] <DM_ToA> Dylan roll persuation)
[22:07] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[22:07] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+2]: 10
[22:08] <Dylan> (anyone wanna add assistant by filling in the parts i dont remember?)
[22:08] <Kayalia> (Why do the non-face characters always take the initiative on persuasion/deception? lol)
[22:08] <@Ash→ (Luck)
[22:08] <Dylan> (oh i have luck(
[22:08] <Terres→ “well it seems we know more about the curse than you, I would have thought someone in you position would be better informed”
[22:09] <DM_ToA> (the same reason why someone who can't carry a tune think they can sing opera)
[22:09] <Dylan> (let me use luck)
[22:09] <DM_ToA> (You should)
[22:09] <Kayalia> “Pardon. The Soulmonger appears to be trapping the souls of the dead, preventing them from being resurrected. Those who were already brought back are being drawn back to the other side, causing their living bodies to wither away.”
[22:09] <Dylan> 1d20
[22:09] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)]: 8
[22:09] <Dylan> (er wait)
[22:09] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[22:09] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+2]: 21
[22:09] <Stolanimus> (this is a large room. how high is the ceiling?)
[22:09] <Dylan> (forgot the bonus)
[22:10] <Dylan> (also i think im gonna use that second throw :P)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (50 ft)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi looks from Dylan to Kayalia…then back to Dylan.
[22:10] <Terres→ (how tough do those snake guys look ?)
[22:10] <Kayalia> Terres has high CHA doesn't he? is he proficient in persuasion? Kaya has a +6 on Persuasion)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> He says something to the yuan-ti in the center of the room.
[22:11] <Terres→ (im +3 in char stuff)
[22:11] <DM_ToA> The yuan-ti sheathes his blade.
[22:11] <DM_ToA> “Who has brought this curse to me?”
[22:11] <Kayalia> (Who brought us here? what was the old lady's name?)
[22:12] <Dylan> “We think it's someone or something called the Soulmonger, but Miri said something about …… Acer something”
[22:12] * Dylan looks at Miri
[22:12] <Terres→ (she just hired us to destroy the soulmonger)
[22:12] <DM_ToA> (https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/avatars/thumbnails/30/765/1000/1000/636395100349835167.png)
[22:12] <Dylan> “Acerkak?”
[22:12] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi snarls
[22:12] * Dylan shrugs honestly
[22:13] <Kayalia> “We were summoned to Chult to find the Soul Monger by a patron of ours, inflicted with a similar curse.”
[22:13] * Dylan points at Kay
[22:13] <Dylan> “that”
[22:13] <@Ash→ “Acererak is the one who created this lure, and slew the nine gods here and sealed them within.”
[22:14] <DM_ToA> “You speak of what I already know, slave. What will you offer me that I do not have?”
[22:15] <Dylan> “Why do you also seek the puzzle pieces? I thought maybe the curse was affecting someone you knew so you also sought the cure”
[22:15] <Dylan> “We will give an end to the curse that plagues the land.”
[22:15] <Terres→ “Well it seems you dont have any followers capable of solving this little issue for you or at least not as capable as us”
[22:15] <DM_ToA> (I did put up a picture of Ras Nsi)
[22:16] <Terres→ (i think Ras Nsi needs to moisturize more)
[22:16] <@Ash→ (He's ugly)
[22:16] <Kayalia> “Ahh, you can expect deeper cooperation from us, certainly. If that were your desire.”
[22:16] * Dylan see's the bandages and waits
[22:16] <DM_ToA> “I seek the puzzles to open the portal to let in the Blessed Night Serpent. I also seek to keep them out of *your* hands. in case you were hired by other forces.”
[22:17] <DM_ToA> “You'll help to open the portal?”
[22:17] <Terres→ (why does this sound like a very bad plan)
[22:17] <Dylan> (thats why we were getting the puzzle to open the portal)
[22:17] <Kayalia> (Is that what we want? It doesn't sound like it, but we can betray him?)
[22:18] <DM_ToA> He leans forward, regarding Kayalia with interest. “Would you be willing to rise to glory and perfection?”
[22:18] <Kayalia> “Ever so. Who does not endeavor such ends, yes?”
[22:19] <DM_ToA> (Kay – roll deception)
[22:19] * Stolanimus speaks up for the first time. �Give us the one puzzle piece, and and then we can return several to you when we are done with them.�
[22:19] <Kayalia> 1d20+4 deception
[22:19] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(?)+4 'deception']: 20
[22:20] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[22:20] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+4]: 8
[22:20] <DM_ToA> “You,” he points to Kayalia “have promise.”
[22:21] <Stolanimus> (ok, ignore my statement� it would�ve interrupted)
[22:21] <DM_ToA> (you sure stol)
[22:21] * Kayalia bows her head slightly.
[22:21] <DM_ToA> (?)
[22:22] <Kayalia> (He could say it after our exchange…)
[22:22] * Dylan waits
[22:23] <DM_ToA> “Acerack tells me he will help to open the way for Dendar…but he delays and hems and haws like an old man with a maiden.”
[22:23] <Terres→ “It seems he is stalling you for his own ends”
[22:24] <Kayalia> “My understanding is our group may be able to end the curse with the puzzle pices collected. Perhaps this is a double fortune? Open the way, and end the curse?”
[22:24] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi slithers off his throne, around his guards. and crawls into the alcove.
[22:24] <DM_ToA> He disappears in a flash of light.
[22:24] * Kayalia crosses her arms thoughtfully.
[22:25] * Dylan shrugs
[22:26] * Terres- looks at the other snake people to see what they are doing at the moment
[22:26] * Ash- seems slightly amazed and also horrified that this seems to be working.
[22:26] <DM_ToA> He comes back with the last cube in his hand. “You seem more capable than others. Take this cube. Solve it. Bring me the lich's head and then we will discuss the overthrow of Man.”
[22:27] <Kayalia> “Very well. It will certainly be easier once the lich is dead.”
[22:27] <DM_ToA> He holds out his hand to Kayalia “Take it.”
[22:27] <DM_ToA> (brb – med time)
[22:28] * Kayalia accepts the cube, with a serious and business-like expression.
[22:29] <Dylan> (i guess we leave the temple, please step over the remains of the dead we left behind)
[22:31] <Dylan> (This is the one spoiler I accidentally got for this campaign btw, on the cover of the campaign is a lich. Kind of annoying, right out there in the middle of my FLGS)
[22:31] <Kayalia> “We will soon be able to unseal the Tomb, I believe. Look forward to our results.”
[22:31] <Dylan> (*mutters unhappily*)
[22:33] <DM_ToA> Kayalia…you reach out to take the cube…even as it's in the grip of a serpent being…your skin crawls and panic creeps at the edge of your brain…
[22:33] * Kayalia is biting her tongue to control her fear.
[22:34] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[22:34] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+4]: 6
[22:34] <DM_ToA> (*BLEEP*)
[22:35] <DM_ToA> The cube is heavy in your hand as you take it.
[22:35] * Kayalia hefts the cube. “Hm, I've never personally held one of these. Heavier than I expeded. Must be the weight of expectations.”
[22:35] <DM_ToA> “I will assign guards to…assist…in this matter. Succeed for the Glory of the Race…and you can take your side with us.”
[22:36] * Kayalia bows slightly. “How many will you bless us with?”
[22:36] <Terres→ (great free cannonfodder)
[22:36] <DM_ToA> “Four. That should be more than enough.”
[22:37] <Kayalia> “It is as you say. We will depart at once.”
[22:38] <DM_ToA> Ras Nsi coils back on his throne. “Return victorious…or not at all.”
[22:38] <Dylan> “I suspect we shall be victorious, or we shall be dead”
[22:38] <DM_ToA> With the final piece, and an uneasy aliance forged – we draw this session of “Tomb of Anhiliation” to an end.

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_42_-_2-24-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/02/25 21:58 by ryubasteon