Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_37_-_1-6-2019

[19:29] <DM_ToA> ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435 )
[19:29] <DM_ToA> (is the map)
[19:29] <Dylan> (do you have initiative
[19:29] <Dylan> ?)
[19:29] <DM_ToA> (yes.
[19:29] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[19:30] <DM_ToA> Kayalia and Humanoid 3, Yuan-ti 1, Xanthos Ash Humanoid 2, Miri and Terres Stol-animal, Yuan-ti 2)
[19:30] <DM_ToA> (Round 6)
[19:30] * Ash is now known as Guest30821
[19:31] <Dylan> (am i missing myself on ini?)
[19:31] <@Guest30821> (Well my nick has been registered)
[19:31] * Guest30821 is now known as Ash-
[19:31] <Dylan> (add a dash or something at the end?)
[19:32] <Terres> (maybe we should try to capture one of them or some such)
[19:32] <DM_ToA> (That's right – you got a healing poition before the end – I'll put you before Ash You are still bound.)
[19:33] <DM_ToA> One of the humanoid shouts: “Polemist�s! EMEIS! EINAI! ADEIA!”
[19:34] <Dylan> (hands and feet or just hands?)
[19:34] <DM_ToA> Fog rolls out from around her, thick and clammy…
[19:34] <DM_ToA> (Hands)
[19:37] <Terres> (which one on the map?)
[19:37] <DM_ToA> The Yuan-ti say something…and one of them flies away like a shot (AoO with disadvantage if you wish).
[19:37] <Stolanimus> (my memory is I�m a sabre tooth tiger.)
[19:38] <DM_ToA> (Yes, you are. Go forth, kitty.)
[19:39] <DM_ToA> (no one is going to take an AoO?)
[19:39] * Stolanimus is now known as Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger
[19:39] <Miri> (i'm not close enough i dont think)
[19:39] <Terres> (not standing next to anyone)
[19:40] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (I�m beside a dead one)
[19:40] <DM_ToA> (ok – Xanthos is up)
[19:40] <@Ash→ (Yeah I don't think anybody is by your Yuan-Ti)
[19:40] <Dylan> (im bound , dont i need to be adjacent for AoO?)
[19:41] <Miri> Xanth will go up to yanti 1 and take a two swings with his great axe.
[19:41] <DM_ToA> (yes, you can roll sleight of hand to try to work your way out of the cuffs)
[19:41] <Miri> 1d20+7
[19:41] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(?)+7]: 26
[19:41] <Miri> 1d20+7
[19:41] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(?)+7]: 17
[19:41] <DM_ToA> (ok – roll to attack with disad)
[19:41] <Miri> (oooook)
[19:41] <DM_ToA> (still hit…)
[19:42] <Miri> 1d20+7 disadv
[19:42] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(9, 3)+7 'disadv']: 10
[19:42] <Miri> (why disadvantage? i missed it)
[19:42] <DM_ToA> (fog spell)
[19:42] <Miri> 1d12+4
[19:42] <TolBot> Miri's 1d12(?)+4]: 9
[19:42] <DM_ToA> (but on disad, you rolled 17…)
[19:42] <Miri> (aaah, right)
[19:42] <Terres> (what we need is someone with a fan that can blow away smog)
[19:43] <Miri> (and the second attack i'm guessing missed with a 10)
[19:43] <DM_ToA> You swing your axe wildly, Xan…and make a bone splintering contact…
[19:44] <DM_ToA> (yeah…)
[19:44] <DM_ToA> The second swing is wild, almost sweeping you off your feet.
[19:44] <Miri> (and that will be all xan will do)
[19:44] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[19:44] <DM_ToA> (Roll sleight-of-hand to get out of the cuffs.)
[19:44] <Dylan> (ok half movement to stand and move one square)
[19:44] <Dylan> (i'll get there)
[19:45] <DM_ToA> (ok – mark it on the map)
[19:45] <DM_ToA> (anything else?)
[19:45] <Dylan> (two actions first action LoH Miri second action cure wounds)
[19:46] <Dylan> (so with blessing thats 48 points of healing to miri)
[19:46] <DM_ToA> It's clumsy…but you remember to turn around and grab her with your back to her.
[19:46] <Terres> (is that Ash's max healing thing still going on?)
[19:47] <DM_ToA> Miri – you see Dylan's back and a pair of hands on your thigh…then you feel warmth roll through you.
[19:47] <@Ash→ (yes)
[19:47] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[19:47] <Dylan> (bonus action take a potion of healing)
[19:47] <Dylan> (done)
[19:48] <DM_ToA> 8d4+4
[19:48] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 8d4(????????)+4]: 29
[19:48] <DM_ToA> (ash)
[19:48] <@Ash→ (one moment)
[19:48] <DM_ToA> (the flying yuan-ti sneaks in a smoke break)
[19:49] * Ash- casts “Wind Wall” creating a large sheet of wind to blow the fog away.
[19:49] <DM_ToA> The fog is torn asunder, leaving everyone exposed.
[19:50] <DM_ToA> (oh, wait… it's concentration…)
[19:50] <@Ash→ (Area marked is where the wall originated)
[19:51] <@Ash→ (Which means my Beacon is going to drop)
[19:52] <Dylan> (i do t have any healing left i dont think)
[19:53] <DM_ToA> Outside the wind wall, the fog hangs on stubbornly.
[19:54] <DM_ToA> Miri and Terres)
[19:55] <DM_ToA> You all hear the rattle of arrows and panting…
[19:55] * Terres casts his two Eldritch blasts at Yuan-Ti Xan was attacking
[19:55] * Miri grunts what could be considered a thank you to Dylan then moves into flanking position with xanth across from yanti 1 and takes to swings (not using reckless)
[19:55] <DM_ToA> “GAMO! APOSTASEIS AUTOUS ANTHROPOUS!”
[19:55] <Terres> (is this Disadvantage roll?)
[19:55] <DM_ToA> (yes, you're still in hte fog cloud, I believe)
[19:56] <Miri> (now, flanking would give advantage, so it's just a straight roll?)
[19:56] <DM_ToA> (yes, if you're flanking, straight roll)
[19:56] <Miri> (k)
[19:56] <Terres> 2#1d20+7 disadvantage
[19:56] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(10, 1)+7 'disadvantage']: 8 (Oh, no)
[19:56] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(20, 9)+7 'disadvantage']: 16
[19:56] <Miri> 1d20+6
[19:56] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(?)+6]: 11
[19:56] <Miri> 1d20+6
[19:56] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(?)+6]: 8
[19:56] <DM_ToA> (one hits)
[19:57] <DM_ToA> Miri – no hits
[19:57] <Terres> 1d10+2
[19:57] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(?)+2]: 12
[19:57] <Miri> (i didn't think so)
[19:57] <DM_ToA> Terres swings with abandon – and his weapon meets a brief bit of resistance…and something hits the ground with a dying hiss.
[19:58] <Terres> (that was an eldritch blast but ill take it :)
[19:58] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[19:58] <Miri> (how far off the ground is the flying yanti?)
[19:59] <DM_ToA> (30 ft – within fog cover)
[19:59] <DM_ToA> (sorry 20 ft)
[19:59] <Miri> (k)
[19:59] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (is the only remaining yuan flying?)
[20:00] <Miri> (also two humonoids)
[20:00] <Terres> (there was a humanoid making fog somewhere i think)
[20:00] * @Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger charges the humanoid.
[20:00] <DM_ToA> (yes, last yuan-to if flying, two humanoid remain with one making fog.
[20:00] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (double move to get to them. done)
[20:01] <DM_ToA> (mark where you are and make a peception roll)
[20:01] * Terres yells “Are we taking prisoners?”
[20:02] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> 1d20+3 Advantage with smell
[20:02] <TolBot> [Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger's 1d20(13, 18)+3 'Advantage with smell']: 21
[20:02] <Dylan> “Yes”
[20:02] <DM_ToA> (You know where they are, so you don't have to roll disad in combat)
[20:02] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (I smell you� now I�m gonna kill you)
[20:03] <Terres> (and Dylan just got a new pair of shackles we can use to bind them too)
[20:03] <DM_ToA> (which one are you attacking?)
[20:03] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (had to double move to get there. out of action)
[20:04] <DM_ToA> The flying yuan-ti disappears into the fog.
[20:04] <DM_ToA> (Round 7)
[20:06] <DM_ToA> The Humanoid grabs the Fighter's Wrist as she see's Stol's cold amber eyes. “We will meet again.” They disappear in a crash of thunder.
[20:07] <DM_ToA> (Stol – make a CON save, DC 16)
[20:08] <Terres> (Stol is a cat, he will jsut land on his feet…)
[20:09] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> 1d20+2
[20:09] <TolBot> [Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger's 1d20(?)+2]: 21
[20:09] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (sorry for delay)
[20:09] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (�grabbed fighter� meant she grabbed me?!?!?!?)
[20:09] <DM_ToA> (no problem)
[20:09] <DM_ToA> 3d10
[20:09] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 3d10(???)]: 13
[20:09] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (I AM a large beast right now, so what�s her weight limit? LoL)
[20:09] <DM_ToA> (You take six points of thunder damage)
[20:10] <DM_ToA> As the thunder peals…the fog is pushed away into a light drizzle.
[20:10] * @Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger growls, and then roars into the air triumphantly.
[20:10] <DM_ToA> The pair of humanoids are nowhere to be found.
[20:10] <DM_ToA> (Let Loot-a-rama 2019 begin!)
[20:11] <Miri> Xanth will find a spot to rest.
[20:12] * Miri will loot the body of the yanti she is next to.
[20:12] <Dylan> (i'll make that sleight of hand check)
[20:12] <Terres> (Their warlock escaped right?)
[20:12] <@Ash→ “Is it over?”
[20:12] <Miri> “for the moment.”
[20:13] <Miri> “i'm not sure they were supposed to kill us tho.”
[20:13] <DM_ToA> (it's the snake headed one…there is nothing on it)
[20:13] <Terres> “Well they shouldn't have tried to setup a trap for us!”
[20:14] <DM_ToA> (if you're looting the humanoids – I gave your their sheets to look at. Also, they each had 2 potions of superior healing, save the rogue who only had one)
[20:14] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[20:14] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+3]: 19
[20:14] * Dylan slips the shackles
[20:14] <DM_ToA> The fog melts away in the quiet.
[20:14] <Miri> “loot the bodies. lets see if they had anything useful.”
[20:14] <DM_ToA> (I'm going to assume everyone has already claimed what they wanted?)
[20:15] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[20:15] <Terres> (did anyone want the ring of spell storing?)
[20:15] <Dylan> “This is the second time this Rah Nsi guy has been behind an attack on us, I feel like he has a role in the whole soulmonger thing. I think we need to track him down”
[20:16] <@Ash→ (I didn't get any sheets)
[20:16] * @Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger moves towards Dylan and sits down beside him, and starts to purr.
[20:16] <Terres> (their sheets are attached to the campaign on DnD beyond thing)
[20:17] * Miri will take the holy symbol off of the cleric.
[20:17] <@Ash→ (Ah)
[20:17] <Dylan> (i saw a ring a spell storng a caster should take)
[20:17] * @Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger picks up a potion of superior healing in his mouth.
[20:18] <Miri> (dagger of blind sight should go to Kay)
[20:18] <Terres> (yeah if no one wants the spe;; storing ring, i will grab it
[20:18] <Terres> )
[20:18] <Terres> (and Miri gets Misery)
[20:18] <DM_ToA> (ash – go to DnD Beyond, the links to the sheets should be in the public notes)
[20:19] <Miri> (i get what now?)
[20:19] <Miri> (who wants the ring of mind shilding?)
[20:19] <Terres> ( a shiny new sword)
[20:19] <Miri> (i like my sword)
[20:20] <Dylan> (i vote for miri for ring of mind shielding, because i dont wanna deal with her if she gets charmed)
[20:21] <@Ash→ (I wouldn't mind the Mace +1)
[20:21] <Miri> (well, since i don'rt hear any ways, i'll take it)
[20:22] <Miri> (who has the mace?)
[20:22] <@Ash→ (ToA Cleric)
[20:22] <Miri> (k)
[20:22] <Dylan> (Dagger to May)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (the home-brewed stuff – you should be able to get to through DnD.)
[20:22] <Dylan> (blindsight)
[20:22] <Miri> (both daggers to kay)
[20:23] <DM_ToA> (I'll put them on her sheet)
[20:25] <Miri> (terres- ring of spell storing, Kay - dagger of blindsight and dagger of warning, Ash - mase +1, Miri - holy symbol of the cleric and the ring of mind shield. Anything else?)
[20:25] <@Ash→ (There's armor sets, and more rings.)
[20:25] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (where is this list?)
[20:25] <Dylan> (in the characters section)
[20:25] <Terres> (DnD beyond campaign page)
[20:26] <Miri> (anyone want a ring of thunder resistance?)
[20:26] <DM_ToA> (go to the campaign on DnD Beyond, there is a public note with links to the other NPCs.)
[20:26] <Miri> (and unless anyone else can handle a great sword i'll take it.)
[20:26] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (I�m looking at those links but just see standard sheets)
[20:26] <Miri> (misery can go to Xanthos)
[20:26] <@Ash→ Unclaimed: Armor of Psychic Resistance, Ring Mail Leather Stealth Armor, +1 Resistance, Studded Leather (Thunder) Ring of Thunder Resistance
[20:26] <DM_ToA> (yeah, they're pulling from the equipment lists)
[20:27] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (I don�t see the quip list. shrug)
[20:27] <DM_ToA> (hang on)
[20:27] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (ok, found the button)
[20:28] <Miri> (ash, stol, dylan, terres, and kay should each take a superior healing potion)
[20:29] <@Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger> (I might can use one of the armors)
[20:29] <Terres> (how do i transfer their stuff to my sheet or do i need to search for it and add manually)
[20:29] <Dylan> (sorry had to afk, noro virus, i wouldn't advise it)
[20:30] <@Ash→ (Add it manually)
[20:30] <DM_ToA> (add it manually)
[20:30] <Miri> (who wants the ring of thunder resistance?)
[20:30] <DM_ToA> (that's why I asked that everyone toggle “homebrew” on so they could get Misery and the armor)
[20:31] <Miri> (can you put misery on xanthos' sheet harl?)
[20:31] <DM_ToA> (sure)
[20:31] <Miri> (thanks)
[20:31] <Miri> Miri is gonna take all their money.
[20:32] <Dylan> ( i can take the hunder resistance ring)
[20:32] <Miri> (ok)
[20:32] <DM_ToA> (added)
[20:33] <Miri> (also, unless someone says otherwise, i have Ash stol, dylan, terres and kay getting greater healing potions)
[20:34] * @Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger transforms back, and starts to try on an armor.
[20:34] <DM_ToA> (that achievement button didn't turn out right)
[20:34] * Stolaber-Toothed_Tiger is now known as Stolanimus
[20:34] * Ash- passes out rations to the group (3 each)
[20:35] * Miri gets to add 40 g to the party funds.
[20:35] * Stolanimus dons leather armor.
[20:35] <Miri> (which armor is stol taking?)
[20:35] <Stolanimus> (no ac gain, but is magic now. *shrug*)
[20:36] <Miri> (which armor tho? i'm trying to keep notes)
[20:36] <Stolanimus> (Leather Stealth armor, unless someone else can use it. It�s not very helpful for me)
[20:37] <Stolanimus> (I can only use rings and amulets in animal form)
[20:37] * Miri will sit down with the ring long enough to attune to it.
[20:38] <DM_ToA> (Ash?)
[20:38] <@Ash→ (I'm wearing plate mail, any armor would be a downgrade)
[20:39] <DM_ToA> (You can sell it)
[20:39] <@Ash→ (Meh)
[20:40] <Dylan> (do you want ring of thunder resistance stol?)
[20:40] <Stolanimus> (only if you want me resistant to thunder)
[20:41] <Stolanimus> (Up to you if you�d benefit more)
[20:41] <Stolanimus> (I tend to tank)
[20:41] <Miri> (did the people i suggest take the healing potions?)
[20:41] <Dylan> (yea take it)
[20:41] <@Ash→ (Noted it on my sheet)
[20:41] <Miri> (k)
[20:41] <Stolanimus> (yes, i did, miri)
[20:42] <Miri> (just checking)
[20:42] <Miri> (that just leaves two sets of armor up for grabs)
[20:43] <DM_ToA> (If you all take a long rest, go on ahead and attune to what needs attuning)
[20:44] <Miri> (long rest!)
[20:44] <Dylan> (ok so what am i taking lol)
[20:44] <Terres> (just stash them in the bag of holding the DM forgot to include on the loot sheet)
[20:44] <DM_ToA> (Oh, crap!)
[20:44] <Miri> (a potion of superior healing and the ring of thunder resist)
[20:44] <DM_ToA> (Keep track of all the goodies you have…Lord knows I couldn't)
[20:44] <Miri> (and there are two sets of armor up for grabs)
[20:45] <Terres> (and someone grab the 1000 ball bearings , i have a feeling we might need them)
[20:45] * Miri will grab the ball bearings.
[20:46] <Terres> (and all their rope…)
[20:46] <Miri> (unless someone else wants to carry them)
[20:46] <Stolanimus> (the potions are Greater healing)
[20:46] <Miri> (and how do one of these guys not at least have a haver sack? :P)
[20:46] <Terres> (they had backpacks)
[20:47] <Miri> (a haver sack is like a mini bag of holding)
[20:47] <DM_ToA> (They were meant to sweep you all aside, so why bother to pack for a long battle? :P )
[20:47] <Dylan> (i see the humans have vestments, i'm gonna pack those up)
[20:47] <Miri> (so we could carry loot easier? :P)
[20:48] <@Ash→ (One had 10 days of food… was he the Boy Scout of the group?)
[20:48] <DM_ToA> As you're looking at the humanoids – you see they have odd features. Fine scales in spots, eyes that are yellow and slitted like serpents.
[20:48] <Miri> (oh, someone split up the rations to 3 days each)
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (He had a side gig at Grubhub)
[20:48] <Miri> (lol)
[20:49] <Miri> (so long rest?)
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (PC Race unlocked! Yuan-Ti Pureblood)
[20:49] <@Ash→ (Yup)
[20:49] * Ash- chews on one of the rations
[20:50] <DM_ToA> Ash roll medicine)
[20:50] <Miri> “Who has the jug? i want to refill my water skins.”
[20:50] <Terres> (bah i cant summon a familiar because i dont have a brass bazier)
[20:50] <@Ash→ 1d20+2
[20:50] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)+2]: 7
[20:50] * Ash- passes the jug over to Miri
[20:50] * Miri takes the jug and refills her water skins “thanks”
[20:51] * Terres fills his waterskinn as well
[20:51] * Dylan looks at the bodies
[20:52] <Miri> (ok, i need to make any more notes on loot i need to make?)
[20:52] <Miri> (wow, bad grammar is bad)
[20:53] <Miri> (also as a note, if miri can figure it out, she will turn the ring invisible)
[20:54] <DM_ToA> (which ring is this?)
[20:54] <Miri> (the ring of mind shielding)
[20:54] * Dylan gets out a piece of paper and writes on it , after which he chops off the heads of their attackers and posts his written note “JUSTICE IS COMING”
[20:54] <@Ash→ “A little extreme don't you think?”
[20:55] * Dylan plants the heads and sign on pikes made of felled trees
[20:56] <DM_ToA> (Jesus!)
[20:56] <Dylan> “You shall not murder. It is a simple tenent anyone can live by. They must know that should they step outside the bounds as these people have by attacking them, they will looking over their shoulder and see the specter of justice coming for them
[20:56] <Terres> ( and i thought i was the grimm one in this group_
[20:56] <Terres> )
[20:57] <Miri> “I still am not sure they were trying to kill us. they had terres in chains at one point, and i think i saw them give him a healing potion. Tho i'm not sure.”
[20:57] <Terres> ( umm Dylan terres was bravely protecting our rear)
[20:58] <Dylan> “Did you see the note about the savages?”
[20:58] <Dylan> “As they called them? The footprints which went one way and didn't come back the other”
[20:58] <Terres> ( i dont think the note about savages had anything to do with these guys)
[21:00] * Miri looks around, drawing her sword.
[21:01] * Dylan says a prayer as he finishes
[21:01] * Terres sees Miri on alert and gets up looking around for what got her worried
[21:01] <Terres> “Whats going on Miri?”
[21:01] <Dylan> “The souls of the wicked shall be purified by blood, and sent back to their maker, if it is in their power. In the name of the Justice we move”
[21:02] <@Ash→ “Calm down chief.”
[21:02] * Miri relaxes when she doesn't see anything. “i heard…i saw…nevermind.”
[21:03] <Dylan> “I'm done.”
[21:03] * Terres sits back down again but keeps scanning the surrounding
[21:04] * Dylan smiles
[21:04] <Dylan> “So where to next?”
[21:05] <Dylan> Dylan is a 5E Vengeance Paladin)
[21:05] <@Ash→ “What's the next closest temple?”
[21:06] <DM_ToA> To the west, you hear a series of whistles and small claps of thunder.
[21:06] <Dylan> “Are we sure we want to go the next temple directly? I feel like we are just waiting to be ambushed again”
[21:07] <Terres> “We just need to watch our backs more carefully”
[21:08] <Miri> “it's a jungle under a curse, no matter where we should go we will be in danger, might as well press on.”
[21:08] <@Ash→ “Well it's that or that series of whistles and small claps of thunder… that's not nearly ominous enough.
[21:08] <Stolanimus> (did we long rest?)
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (You have, yes.)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> (The whistles and the thunder happened during your long rest)
[21:09] <Terres> “After that big roar when we exited the previous shrine this is not strange”
[21:10] * Stolanimus stands and girds up his loins, �I say let�s do it.”
[21:11] <DM_ToA> Birds scatter through the air.
[21:11] * Terres gets ready to continue the journey
[21:11] * Dylan picks up his things
[21:12] * Ash- glances around when the birds scatter to see if was them or something else that caused it.
[21:12] <Dylan> “So next temple, or find Rah Nsi. I'm going to urge you, if these guys come back they are coming back in a much larger force. We shiould probably be proactive.”
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (looks like it'c coming from the same place as the thunder)
[21:13] <Miri> “i say we find the next temple. perhaps defeating this place will defeat this Rah Nsi as well.”
[21:14] <Terres> “As long as we move away from this place, they know we are here”
[21:14] <Dylan> “Also why are his people out here attacking people? I feel like he is closely attached to soul monger”
[21:15] <@Ash→ “I think we should explore that thunder. It could be their camp, or something worth exploring
[21:15] <Dylan> “Can anyone find tracks in which way they headed? At least we can find out where they are coming from so we can expect a direction of attack”
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (heading for the thunder?)
[21:15] * Stolanimus nods at Miri.
[21:16] <Terres> (we might as well check out the thunder)
[21:16] * Dylan climbs a little bit up and looks around
[21:16] * Dylan gets a vantage point
[21:17] <Dylan> (do i see any other temples?)
[21:18] <DM_ToA> To your right – you see a vine covered obliesk (sp). Ahead, you see what looks like an abandoned bazaar or marketplace. About 1,250 feet away, you see a waterfall.
[21:18] <DM_ToA> You see smoke coming from a building surrounded by water.
[21:18] <Dylan> (what was the map link?)
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (let me get that)
[21:19] <Dylan> (i had draw a map somewhere)
[21:19] <Terres> (https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/948/ph12.jpg)
[21:19] <DM_ToA> https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/897/304a.jpg
[21:21] <Terres> (i dont care wehre we head first, ill follow along)
[21:21] <Dylan> (does anyone happen to have the map i drew on, its on my computer in LA)
[21:21] <Dylan> (to the west is that auditorium thingy , i see the river what do i see to the east?)
[21:22] <DM_ToA> > Ahead, you see what looks like an abandoned bazaar or marketplace. About 1,250 feet away, you see a waterfall.
[21:22] <DM_ToA> <DM_ToA> You see smoke coming from a building surrounded by water.
[21:22] <DM_ToA> The Obliesk is north. You're standing on the raised road.
[21:22] <@Ash→ “Well somebody lives or has been there lately.”
[21:22] <Dylan> (which cardinal direction is ahead?)
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (Facing east to see the waterfall)
[21:23] * Terres nods toward the smoke , we should check that out
[21:24] <Dylan> (just trying to orient myself according to that map i drew, is ahead south?)
[21:24] <Terres> (i think we entered the city in the south and have been working our way north and north east)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (Ahead is east on the map)
[21:25] <Dylan> (the roaring is coming from that building to the west)
[21:25] * Dylan agrees and starts east
[21:25] * Terres follows Dylan as he seems to know where to go
[21:26] * Miri will follow at the back of the group, her sword lit for now.
[21:26] <Dylan> “You are right, we should find out what that smoke is. Where these is smoke there is fire, lord knows what they are trying to do to the poor natives of this land now”
[21:27] <Terres> “i am pretty sure the natives tried to kill and rob us a few times in this strange land”
[21:27] <Miri> “also eat us”
[21:27] <Dylan> “We shall see”
[21:28] <Dylan> (social justice paladin!)
[21:28] <Dylan> “However, if they are not we must stand up for the oppressed. Their lives matter”
[21:28] <DM_ToA> A derelict market hall stands on the street corner ahead. Frayed cloth awnings hang in tatters above a broad alley lined with stalls.
[21:29] <Dylan> “if you are right, they shall soon meet whoever they believe is their deity”
[21:30] <DM_ToA> (check out the market?)
[21:30] <@Ash→ “Just remember, we're the invaders here.”
[21:31] * Ash- glances around at the market as they travel.
[21:31] * Stolanimus points at the market, �There?”
[21:31] <DM_ToA> 1d100
[21:31] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d100(89)]: 89
[21:32] <DM_ToA> The market looks like it's been gone through several times. Anything that remains has been a victim to Chult's punishing weather. If it isn't metal or hardy cloths…it's ruined.
[21:36] <DM_ToA> 1d100
[21:36] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d100(50)]: 50
[21:37] <Dylan> (sorry i dont mean to be slow to respond, but literally noro)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> (No problem)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> (Are you pushing on through the bazzar?)
[21:40] <Terres> (probably if there is nothing of interest)
[21:40] <@Ash→ (Yes)
[21:41] <Dylan> “Wait…“
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (beyond a brass plate)
[21:41] * Stolanimus stops beside Dylan.
[21:41] <Dylan> “Everywhere else is trapped? Is this place just an abandoned market, or are there more traps? May do you see any traps?”
[21:42] * Dylan looks around for traps
[21:42] <DM_ToA> Kayalia looks around…
[21:42] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:42] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+3]: 5
[21:42] * Dylan turns Ash
[21:43] <DM_ToA> Kayalia shrugs her shoulders diffidently. “I don't see any.”
[21:43] <Dylan> “Is it possible for us to get some guidance while looking around?”
[21:43] * Dylan points up
[21:43] <@Ash→ “Guidance?”
[21:43] * Ash- looks up
[21:44] <Dylan> “Divine guidance? I understand some deities help people along”
[21:44] <DM_ToA> 1d100
[21:44] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d100(31)]: 31
[21:44] <Dylan> (dont have that cantrip?)
[21:44] <@Ash→ “Oh that.”
[21:44] <@Ash→ “You would think after a few months of this magic stuff I would be used to it by now.”
[21:45] * Ash- casts Guidance
[21:45] * Stolanimus looks intently.
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (Give me a Perception check, DC 15)
[21:45] <Dylan> “Thank you father”
[21:45] <Dylan> (plus guidance)
[21:45] <@Ash→ (1d4 before or after a roll)
[21:46] <Dylan> 1d20+1d4
[21:46] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+1d4(1)]: 14
[21:46] <DM_ToA> (Stol – DC check, please)
[21:46] <DM_ToA> (Sorry, Perception Check, DC 15)
[21:47] <Stolanimus> 1d20+6 Perception DC15
[21:47] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(?)+6 'Perception DC15']: 25 (Success)
[21:47] <Dylan> 1d20+1 + 1d4
[21:47] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+1 '+ 1d4']: 7
[21:47] <Dylan> (still nothing for me)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> it's crude and cunning at the same time: a small spring loaded catapult attached to a pressure plate…all cobbled together from what's left over in the bazaar.
[21:49] <Stolanimus> �Hold.�
[21:49] * Stolanimus points out the catapult mechanism.
[21:50] <Dylan> “May can you disarm that?”
[21:50] <@Ash→ “What is that thing?”
[21:51] <Dylan> “A trap i think”
[21:51] <DM_ToA> Kayalia looks at it over Stol's shoulder. “Looks easy enough, but stand back.”
[21:52] * Dylan stands back
[21:52] <DM_ToA> 1d20+7
[21:52] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+7]: 12
[21:53] <DM_ToA> She reaches under the plate with delicate fingers. Wincing, she makes a sharp tug, then takes out a small coiled piece of metal. “There you go. All peachy-keen.”
[21:53] <Dylan> “Look for other traps, just one is too easy”
[21:53] <Dylan> 1d20+1d4
[21:53] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+1d4(2)]: 10
[21:54] * Dylan isnt perceptive
[21:54] <DM_ToA> (People looking – roll Perception, DC 12)
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (Sorry – DC 15)
[21:55] <Terres> 1d20+3 vs DC15
[21:55] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(?)+3 'vs DC15']: 23 (Critical success)
[21:55] * Ash- helps with more Guidance
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (You find one…cobbled together like the others)
[21:56] <Terres> (I guess i will make a list of all the traps for disarmament)
[21:57] * Dylan politely asks May to disarm this one too
[21:57] <DM_ToA> 1d20+7 DC 10
[21:57] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(?)+7 'DC 10']: 22
[21:57] <DM_ToA> *Ping*…and the trap is disarmed.
[21:58] <DM_ToA> (anyone else looking?)
[21:58] <@Ash→ “Perhaps we should just go around the market?”
[22:00] <Stolanimus> �If you think it best.”
[22:00] <Stolanimus> �Though these traps are not difficult to see if we take our time.”
[22:01] <Dylan> “There must be something valuable here if its this trapped though”
[22:01] <@Ash→ “Or it's designed to kill potential looters who don't know any better.”
[22:03] <Dylan> “I'm fine either way? carry on?”
[22:03] * Dylan points east
[22:04] <DM_ToA> You look east and see where the land drops off into shallow water.
[22:04] <DM_ToA> Ahead of that, there is another shrine.
[22:05] <Dylan> “Another temple” Dylan comments
[22:05] <DM_ToA> You look to your right (south on hte map), and you see a large wall with a broken gap in it.
[22:06] <DM_ToA> As you come to the water, you smell smoke and burnt flesh. Above the roar of the waterfall, you also hear thrashing in the water.
[22:08] <DM_ToA> (look at the water?)
[22:08] * Dylan turns to Stol
[22:08] * Terres refreshes Mage armor on himself getting ready for another fight
[22:08] * Ash- also looks to the water.
[22:08] <Dylan> “Do you have any ideas on what can be done about… water creatures? Can you sooth them?”
[22:09] <DM_ToA> A body bobs by, wearing think crimson robes. Out of his chest, jut several arrows.
[22:09] <@Ash→ “Water creatures I might be able to deal with, but arrows are another subject.
[22:09] <DM_ToA> A crocodile swims up, snags part of the body and thrashes violently, rolling in the water until a hunk of meat comes off the leg.
[22:09] <DM_ToA> Ash – roll Perception)
[22:09] <Dylan> “Alligators?”
[22:10] <@Ash→ 1d20+2
[22:10] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(?)+2]: 9
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[22:10] <Dylan> (can i make a nature check on the crocagator?)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (sure)
[22:10] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[22:10] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+3]: 12
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (They're crocodiles – not even Flordia fans)
[22:11] <Stolanimus> �I can join it, but I can not calm it.”
[22:11] <Dylan> “What do you know of them?”
[22:11] <@Ash→ “I think I can calm it.”
[22:11] <Stolanimus> (what DO I know of them? hehe. I have been a croc)
[22:12] * Dylan looks around for the source of the arrows
[22:12] <Dylan> (perception?)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[22:13] * Dylan asks for guidance
[22:13] <@Ash→ (granted)
[22:13] <Dylan> 1d20+1d4
[22:13] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(?)+1d4(3)]: 20
[22:13] <Stolanimus> (how big is the body of water?)
[22:14] <DM_ToA> (500 feet from shore to cliff)
[22:16] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[22:18] <Dylan> “Ok, lets head to the water, maybe we can avoid the crocs. They might be satiated by their meal”
[22:19] * Terres shudders at the thought of getting nibbled on by crocs
[22:20] <@Ash→ “Attract them to the surface, and I might be able to sway them to leave us alone for a brief amount of time.”
[22:20] <DM_ToA> (back)
[22:21] <Miri> (wb)
[22:22] <Dylan> (do you want to call it a night after we cross the water and before we go into the next temple, according to my phone it is almost 1130 pm est)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (So – who's going to slather themselves in mustard?)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (Actually, let's call it now. I have crocs to set up)
[22:22] <Stolanimus> �If you like, I will draw them all off while you cross.�
[22:22] <Dylan> (works for me)
[22:22] <Stolanimus> (can�t tell where we are on the map)
[22:22] * Stolanimus moves to the edge.
[22:23] <Dylan> (i dont have my deskptip, i cant draw it, but i know where we are)
[22:23] <Miri> (i don't mind calling it here)
[22:23] <DM_ToA> As Stolanimus gets closer to the water as another croc splinters bones with a bite – we call this episode of Tomb of Annihilation closed!

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_37_-_1-6-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/01/13 23:07 by ryubasteon