Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_26_-_10-7-2018

[19:37] <DM_ToA> When last we visited our intrepid adventurers, they fought through the clay gladiators of the Shine of Shagambi. A hard fought battle, our heroes bested the trial and solved the puzzle to gain the second key. Now, licking their wounds and taking a well deserved rest, we join our comrades as this episode of Tomb of Anihilation begins.
[19:37] <Miri> (thanks)
[19:37] <DM_ToA> (no problem)
[19:38] <Ash> (For clarification, we start post-long rest?)
[19:38] <DM_ToA> (pre)
[19:38] <Miri> (are kay and i back yet?)
[19:38] * Kayalia apparently went on a journey that was out of this world.
[19:39] <DM_ToA> There is a burst of blue smoke and Miri and Kayalia drop back onto the soft grass.
[19:42] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Well thats an interesting trap…“
[19:39] * Miri reaches up and rubs her ears.
[19:39] <Ash> “Some sort of teleport trap?”
[19:39] * Kayalia sits on grass, running her hands through the blades of green. “Wasn't I inside a temple …?”
[19:40] <Ash> “Yeah this one.”
[19:40] <Miri> “with a skull.”
[19:41] * Kayalia looks over her shoulder, back at the temple. “How'
[19:41] <Ash> “Magic”
[19:41] * Kayalia looks over her shoulder, back at the temple. “How'd we all get back outside? I was looking down the grate at everyone…“
[19:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Mag… Yes, thats right… and traps… “
[19:42] * Kayalia rubs her temples at how non-chalant everyone is being about the random teleportation.
[19:43] <Ash> “Where did you disappear to?”
[19:44] * Miri looks angry as she slowly rises up. “floating in the air above a temple…where a large skull was sucking everyone in.”
[19:47] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Well then, tell me, does my butt look big from that high up?” he grins.
[19:44] <Ash> “Was that temple here in these ruins, or otherworldly?”
[19:45] <Ash> “I'm sure it does.”
[19:45] <Miri> “I belive otherworlrdly.”
[19:45] <Kayalia> “it was otherworldly, alright…“
[19:45] * Ash quips at Xanthos
[19:45] * Miri just ignores Xanthos.
[19:45] * Kayalia rises to her feet and dusts off her posterior.
[19:48] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Good Good, nobody likes a dwarf with a small rump.”
[19:46] * Sentagur (Sentagur@sorcery-e1esk2.cable.rogers.com) has joined #grovewood
[19:46] <Miri> (hi sent)
[19:49] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (hiya sent)
[19:46] * Sentagur is now known as Terres
[19:46] <Terres> (hi all
[19:46] <DM_ToA> (hey)
[19:46] <Ash> “So in any case, I propose we rest, and you ladies can tell us more about the skull temple.
[19:47] <Kayalia> “What about this temple? Isn't there something here we wanted?”
[19:47] <Miri> “i'll take first watch”
[19:48] <Ash> “We got the key.”
[19:48] <Terres> (we already started?)
[19:51] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (this would happen to our group: https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43405728_1572073952893450_5063473430725132288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=ba2277adc3b4087bd9ed174bdc661faf&oe=5C46FED9 )
[19:49] <DM_ToA> (Yeah)
[19:49] <Miri> (can i get a link to the temple map?)
[19:49] <Kayalia> “Ah… huh? I was out… a while, was I?”
[19:50] <Ash> “Not really. A few minutes at most.”
[19:51] <Kayalia> “I see. I'll take the offer of rest, at any rate.”
[19:52] <DM_ToA> (play amonst yourselves, going to get juice)
[19:53] <Terres> ( so what did i miss, we got killed the golems and got the cube from the last temple last week)
[19:54] <Kayalia> (Kaya and Miri went *bamf* in blue smoke during the trap. they just came back and were being questioned)
[19:55] <Terres> (ugh no wonder my computer was being sluggis, i left a game running in the background)
[19:58] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (hehe)
[19:56] <Terres> (did we aks the GM about exp for last week yet, i have that written on a big note on my char sheet)
[19:56] <Ash> (We haven't)
[19:59] <Xanthos_Beardhand> ( [19:20] <Harlequin_J_Goat> 7,200 for the statues, 1,000 for game. Divide amongst yourselves. )
[19:57] <Terres> (misspelled the work aks and everything)
[19:57] * Miri moves into a guarding possition. “you all sleep. i will keep watch for now.”
[19:57] * Kayalia unpacks her things, but hesitates. Her hand trembles slightly. Are they really going to survive this? It was a huge mistake coming to this accursed island of death.
[20:00] * Xanthos_Beardhand finds himself a nice comfy spot and pops a squat
[19:59] <Kayalia> (>_>)
[19:59] * Terres finds himself a spot as well
[20:00] * Ash nuzzles up to the corner and dozes off, muttering something about waking him for middle watch.
[20:01] <Terres> (so we are starting earlier regulary now, i need to change my alarm)
[20:01] <DM_ToA> (yeah – starting at 8:30 now, trying to get at least 5 hours of sleep now)
[20:01] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:01] <Miri> (that eastern time?)
[20:02] <Miri> (hi dylan)
[20:02] <Dylan> (hai)
[20:02] <DM_ToA> (Yes, EST)
[20:02] <Dylan> (whats EST?)
[20:02] <Ash> (Eastern Standard Time. 9:02 PM presently)
[20:02] <DM_ToA> (Eastern Standard Time – the time that was meant to be followed. God's time.)
[20:02] <Terres> (its 9PM right now, so 30 min ago)
[20:02] <Dylan> (oh reminded, i will not be here next week or the week after)
[20:03] <Dylan> (reminder)
[20:06] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Psh! Priorities. . . but like I'm one to talk :P )
[20:03] <DM_ToA> (ok – you heard it here guys – first one to his cooling corpse gets the goodies! :D )
[20:03] <Dylan> (i said i couldnt make it reliably before 6)
[20:03] * TolBot (TolBot@sorcery-ei0la5.dyn.grandenetworks.net) has joined #grovewood
[20:03] * Tolman (Tol@sorcery-ei0la5.dyn.grandenetworks.net) has joined #grovewood
[20:03] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tolman
[20:03] <DM_ToA> (That's fine. If you can't make it, you can't make it.)
[20:03] <Dylan> (dylan doesnt loot corpses)
[20:03] <@Tolman> (sorry mates…)
[20:04] <Dylan> (no worries i just got here)
[20:04] <@Tolman> (when we cancelled, I had arranged to watch the new Doctor Who with the wife)
[20:04] <DM_ToA> (no problem – so, who's taking first shift?)
[20:04] <DM_ToA> (How was it?)
[20:04] <@Tolman> (outstanding)
[20:04] <DM_ToA> (Cool, I'll get the season on iTunes)
[20:04] <Miri> (spoiler it and i will hunt you down and kill you slowly)
[20:04] <@Tolman> (Spoiler: it’s reeeeally good)
[20:05] <Miri> (that's not a spoiler :P)
[20:05] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[20:08] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Theres a new doctor… they go on random adventures.. break things.. and have a british accent)
[20:05] <Miri> (i'm taking first shift)
[20:05] * Kayalia can sleep comfortably, knowing the godlike Miri has first shift.
[20:05] <Stolanimus> (Spoiler: the new Doctor is a WOMAN!)
[20:05] <DM_ToA> (crap, need pens)
[20:05] * Stolanimus takes early shift.
[20:05] <Miri> (already knew that. :P)
[20:05] <Stolanimus> (i knew you did. lol. only reason i said)
[20:06] <Stolanimus> (i just like to take not the last shift, so I can animal form for my watch, but still have an hour to regain)
[20:10] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (I'll take whatever watch the group is comfortable with the newb taking :P )
[20:07] <Kayalia> (I read that a few months ago. though it meant nothing to me since I've never watched dr. who a day in my life)
[20:08] <Miri> (do i need to make a roll harl?)
[20:08] <Kayalia> (a barrel roll)
[20:08] <DM_ToA> (Roll Perception)
[20:09] <Miri> 1d20
[20:09] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑰)]: 17
[20:11] <DM_ToA> You take your place to guard…the thought of that skull shape still lurks in the darkness of your subconscious. As you get settled, you hear a dry hiss outside the firelight…like leather being dragged on the ground.
[20:11] * Kayalia tries to cry herself to sleep.
[20:12] * Miri re-lights her sword and moves toward the sound. “who's there?”
[20:12] <DM_ToA> The dry dragging stops.
[20:13] * Miri moves her sword around her slowly, her sharp eyes trying to pierce into the darkness to see what might have been making the sound.
[20:14] <DM_ToA> (roll perception again)
[20:14] <Miri> 1d20
[20:14] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑱)]: 18
[20:15] * Miri moves towards the tall grass slowly, moving her sword into possition to attack.
[20:16] <Miri> “show yourself.”
[20:17] <DM_ToA> The shape leaps up in front of you: A dusky skinned man with a snake's head. It raises a sword overhead…
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (init)
[20:17] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[20:17] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑤)+2]: 7
[20:17] <Ash> 1d20
[20:17] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑯)]: 16
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (jeez)
[20:17] <Miri> 1d20
[20:17] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑨)]: 9
[20:17] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[20:17] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑧)+2]: 10
[20:17] <Stolanimus> (is the last log up?)
[20:17] <DM_ToA> Miri – do you raise an alarm?)
[20:20] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (yes it is)
[20:18] <Miri> (not yet)
[20:18] <Miri> (and yes, the last log is up)
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (who's keeping watch? Just Miri?)
[20:19] <Miri> (far as i know, just me)
[20:20] <Miri> (everyone got 1640 xp for those that were here last week btw…)
[20:20] <DM_ToA> (Well – this round is between the thing and Miri Anyone else wanting to get in needs to be roused and can act next round)
[20:21] <DM_ToA> Miri you got init, kill him already)
[20:21] * Miri will go into a rage and then take two reckless attacks.
[20:21] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv
[20:21] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(9, 1)+6 'adv']: 15
[20:21] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv
[20:21] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(12, 1)+6 'adv']: 18
[20:21] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[20:22] <Miri> 4d6+6 slashing
[20:22] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(⚃⚃⚄⚃)+6 'slashing']: 23
[20:22] <Miri> 4d6 flame
[20:22] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(⚁⚃⚅⚀) 'flame']: 13
[20:22] <Dylan> (are we alerted to this?)
[20:22] <Miri> (nope)
[20:22] <Terres> (se we can now hear this or need to roll perc?)
[20:23] <DM_ToA> (roll perception with adv)
[20:23] <Terres> 1d20+3 adv
[20:23] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(18, 16)+3 'adv']: 21
[20:23] <Ash> (wow perception with advantage to wake up. Miri must be screaming her little lungs out)
[20:23] <Miri> (those rolls were for both attacks since they both hit, so 36 total damage)
[20:26] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (all of us?)
[20:23] <Dylan> 1d20+3 adv
[20:23] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(14, 19)+3 'adv']: 22
[20:23] <DM_ToA> The man staggers back, wailing as Miri's blade sputters with spilt blood.
[20:23] <Ash> 1d20+2 adv
[20:23] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(2, 11)+2 'adv']: 13
[20:26] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+1 adv
[20:23] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(4, 6)+1 'adv']: 7
[20:24] <DM_ToA> (everyone who wants in on this before Miri wipes it out)
[20:27] <Xanthos_Beardhand> Xanthos is deaf to is, probably because he's still recovering from a flying panning)
[20:24] <Miri> (advantage on attacks against miri btw)
[20:25] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4 adv
[20:25] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(12, 14)+4 'adv']: 18
[20:25] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4 adv
[20:25] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(5, 1)+4 'adv']: 9
[20:25] <Miri> (hit, miss)
[20:25] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2 adv
[20:25] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(14, 11)+2 'adv']: 16
[20:25] <Kayalia> 1d20+6 adv
[20:25] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(13, 13)+6 'adv']: 19
[20:26] <Kayalia> (to wake?)
[20:26] <DM_ToA> One arrow strikes Miri in the thigh, and a wave of cold rides up your leg (Con save or be Poisoned)
[20:26] <Miri> 1d20+6
[20:26] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(④)+6]: 10
[20:26] <DM_ToA> (yep, everyone but Xanthos “I need my beauty coma” Beardhand)
[20:27] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[20:27] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑨)+1 'init']: 10
[20:27] <DM_ToA> init-
[20:27] <Miri> 1d20+6
[20:27] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑳)+6]: 26 (Awesome.)
[20:27] <DM_ToA> init'
[20:27] <Kayalia> 1d20+4 init
[20:27] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑤)+4 'init']: 9
[20:27] <Stolanimus> (roll init again?)
[20:28] <DM_ToA> (nope)
[20:28] <Dylan> 1s20+3 init
[20:28] <Dylan> 1d20+3 init
[20:28] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑫)+3 'init']: 15
[20:28] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:28] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑨)+4]: 13
[20:28] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:28] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(①)+4]: 5 (Not good.)
[20:28] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:28] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(④)+4]: 8
[20:28] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:28] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(③)+4]: 7
[20:29] <DM_ToA> (gimmie a sec)
[20:29] <Miri> (what's my damage?)
[20:29] <Kayalia> (So the guy that jumped out didn't have a bow but miri got hit with an arrow? so there's more in hiding?)
[20:30] <DM_ToA> (could everyone tell me their init scores, please? I need to get the board set up)
[20:31] <Kayalia> (I rolled a crummy 9)
[20:31] <Miri> (also, look at pm dm when you have a second)
[20:31] <Miri> (my init was 9)
[20:31] <Ash> (16. You may want to use Tolbot in the future, way easier for everybody.)
[20:32] <Kayalia> Miri and I are initiative sisters)
[20:32] <Stolanimus> (my init was 10)
[20:33] <Terres> (same here 10)
[20:33] <Stolanimus> (and we’re init brothers!)
[20:37] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (I'm the snoring one…)
[20:35] <Dylan> (15)
[20:35] <DM_ToA> (order: Ash Thing 1, Stol and Terres and Dylan Miri and Kayalia Thing 2, Thing 1 Regretting Choices, Thing 3, Thing 2 Not Enthused)
[20:36] * Ash stirs from his sleep in the corner and sees Miri under attack and rushes to the 'rescue' with a guiding bolt, followed by shillelagh on his club.
[20:36] <Ash> 1d20+5 to hit snake thing fighting Miri
[20:36] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑲)+5 'to hit snake thing fighting Miri']: 24
[20:37] <Terres> (this is still the first watch, we didnt get our spell slots back yet right?)
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (not yet)
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (this for the bolt, Ash?)
[20:37] <Ash> (yes)
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (roll damage)
[20:37] <Ash> 6d6 & next attacker has advantage
[20:37] <TolBot> Ash's 6d6(⚃⚁⚀⚂⚅⚁) '& next attacker has advantage']: 18
[20:38] <Kayalia> (I found an artist's rendering of our enemies: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/seuss/images/f/fc/Dr-seuss-clipart-thing-1-and-thing-2-14.jpg)
[20:38] <DM_ToA> (roll for clubbing, too)
[20:38] <Ash> (I'm not clubbing it)
[20:39] <DM_ToA> (oh, showing mercy?)
[20:39] <Ash> (I'm enchanting my weapon for future clubbing)
[20:39] <Ash> (I just woke up, I have to fix my hair, and spray myself with Axe body spray before clubbing)
[20:39] <DM_ToA> A bolt of silver energy leaps from Ash's hand and smashes it right in the small of the back. It staggers.
[20:40] <DM_ToA> (of course…)
[20:40] <DM_ToA> Dylan – you have adv)
[20:40] * Dylan attacks twice with his sword
[20:40] <Dylan> 1d20+9
[20:40] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑰)+9]: 26
[20:40] <Terres> (isnt there a thing between ash and us at 10)
[20:40] <Dylan> (er thats a hit either way
[20:40] <Dylan> 1d20+9 adv
[20:40] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(6, 19)+9 'adv']: 28
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (roll damage twice)
[20:41] <Dylan> 2d6+6
[20:41] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚄⚁)+6]: 13
[20:41] <Dylan> 2d6+6
[20:41] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚃⚃)+6]: 14
[20:42] * Stolanimus rises, and casts faerie fire
[20:42] <Stolanimus> (no map, so want to describe area, or just assume I can hit them all? 60ft / 20ft)
[20:43] <DM_ToA> (let me make some dex saves)
[20:43] <Stolanimus> (Dex save DC14)
[20:45] <DM_ToA> There is a glittering wave of Purple light – one creature about thirty feet away becomes aglow. The corpse of the snake-headed man lays still.
[20:46] <Miri> (ooo we killed one?)
[20:46] <Dylan> “There's something behind us?”
[20:46] * Terres looks around to find the attackers then casts Eldritch Blast at the closest one
[20:46] * Stolanimus transforms into Sabre Tooth Tiger (as bonus action) and moves in teh direction of the glowing enemy.
[20:46] <DM_ToA> As Dylan turns around, something flashes
[20:47] <DM_ToA> Terres roll – you're closest to the thing near Dylan)
[20:47] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[20:47] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑲)+7]: 26
[20:47] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑰)+7]: 24
[20:47] <Terres> 2d10+4 (total force dmg)
[20:47] <TolBot> Terres's 2d10(⑥⑩)+4 '(total force dmg)']: 20
[20:47] <DM_ToA> Stol groans and lunges – muslces and bones flow into a new shape…a great tiger with dagger long front fangs.
[20:49] <DM_ToA> The one behind Dylan rears up to attack, but the force from Terre's spell foils the blow.
[20:49] <DM_ToA> Miri and Kayalia)
[20:49] <Miri> (the one i origionally attacked, is he dead?)
[20:49] * Kayalia looks around frantically for enemies.
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (Super dead)
[20:49] * Miri moves over to the next closest to her and makes two attacks.
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (there is one behind Dylan that's not quite dead)
[20:50] <Miri> (reckless)
[20:50] <DM_ToA> (roll)
[20:50] <Miri> 1d20+6
[20:50] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑨)+6]: 15
[20:50] <Miri> 1d20+6
[20:50] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(④)+6]: 10
[20:50] <DM_ToA> (one hit)
[20:50] <Miri> 2d6+5
[20:50] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(⚃⚃)+5]: 13
[20:50] <Miri> 2d6
[20:50] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(⚂⚅)]: 9
[20:51] <Miri> (22 total i think)
[20:52] <DM_ToA> Miri hobbles with fury, knocking her pommel into the other snake-headed thing, but missing the follow through.
[20:52] <Miri> (adv on attacks against miri)
[20:53] <DM_ToA> (Kayalia?)
[20:53] * Kya (TheNighting@sorcery-6c7og2.cpe.metrocast.net) has joined #grovewood
[20:53] <Kayalia> (I have no idea what I can do..? there's one enemy thats close? far? already killed by miri? alive?)
[20:53] <Kya> (Weird funkiness happened here with internet and maybe power?)
[20:53] * Ash (TheNighting@sorcery-6c7og2.cpe.metrocast.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[20:54] <DM_ToA> (There is one that is in between Miri and Dylan that's being pummeled. There is a glowing man with two snakes for arms 30 feet away)
[20:55] <DM_ToA> (Oh, great – Kya of the Winter Court is here. Y'all can go home. She'll Goth them to death.)
[20:55] <Miri> (ha, if taliesin isn't gothing anyone to death, neither is kya :P)
[20:56] <DM_ToA> (hahaha)
[20:56] <Kayalia> (I am so lost on that exchange,,,)
[20:59] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Watch Critical Role)
[20:57] <Kayalia> 1d20+8 melee @ 2 snake armed?
[20:57] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(①)+8 'melee @ 2 snake armed?']: 9 (Ugh.)
[20:57] <Kayalia> (lame.. whatevers.)
[20:57] <DM_ToA> (you have adv on the attack because of faerie fire – roll again)
[20:58] <Kayalia> 1d20+8
[20:58] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑱)+8]: 26
[20:58] <Stolanimus> (nice)
[20:58] <DM_ToA> (roll damage)
[20:58] <Kayalia> (has that monster acted yet?)
[20:58] <DM_ToA> (not yet)
[20:58] <Kayalia> (then I assassins)
[20:59] <Kayalia> (Though I guess fae fire already covered that)
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (ok – assassinate)
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (Yes, fae fire gives adv to attacks)
[20:59] <Kayalia> 4d6+5
[20:59] <TolBot> Kayalia's 4d6(⚅⚂⚅⚅)+5]: 26
[20:59] <Kayalia> (/me assassins)
[20:59] * Kya is now known as Ash
[21:00] <Stolanimus> (the effected creature also puts off a 10ft light)
[21:00] <DM_ToA> Kayalia takes advantage of a split second's distraction and strikes the thing on the throat. It makes a wretching cough and stumbles back.
[21:00] * Kayalia tumbles through the campsite with her warfan out, landing after a one handed cartwheel spring with a deep slash on the snake-armed foe.
[21:01] <DM_ToA> “Whuh-hy did you do that? I never harmed you…*you should defend me, outlander…*”
[21:01] <DM_ToA> Kayalia Wis save DC 13)
[21:02] <Kayalia> (crap no good at those)
[21:02] <Kayalia> 1d20 WIS save
[21:02] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑥) 'WIS save']: 6
[21:02] <Kayalia> (See.)
[21:06] <DM_ToA> Two arrows fly out of the darkness, aiming for Miri.
[21:06] <Miri> (adv on attacks)
[21:06] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4 adv
[21:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(1, 13)+4 'adv']: 17
[21:06] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4 adv
[21:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(15, 16)+4 'adv']: 20
[21:06] <Miri> (both hit)
[21:06] <DM_ToA> 1d8+2
[21:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(③)+2]: 5
[21:06] <DM_ToA> 1d8+2
[21:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(⑧)+2]: 10
[21:07] <DM_ToA> (and make two Con saves or be super-duper poisoned)
[21:07] <Miri> 1d20+6
[21:07] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(④)+6]: 10
[21:07] <Miri> 1d20+6
[21:07] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑦)+6]: 13
[21:07] <DM_ToA> 1d4
[21:07] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d4(⚃)]: 4
[21:07] <DM_ToA> 1d4
[21:07] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d4(⚁)]: 2
[21:08] <Miri> (poison damage?)
[21:08] <Stolanimus> (who said this: “Whuh-hy did you do that? I never harmed you…*you should defend me, outlander…*” )
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (you'll be “Poisoned” for 6 rounds)
[21:08] <Miri> (aah ok)
[21:09] <Dylan> (did you remember to add your paladin bonus to your saving throw?)
[21:09] <Miri> (no)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> (the freaky man with snakes for arms about 30 yards away glowing like a child's nightlight)
[21:09] <Miri> (tho not sure it would have mattered)
[21:10] <DM_ToA> (Does she get save bonus from you, Dylan?)
[21:10] <Dylan> (how far is she from me?)
[21:10] <DM_ToA> (within 5 feet)
[21:10] <Dylan> (yes +3)
[21:10] <Miri> (so 13 and 16 then if that's the case)
[21:11] <DM_ToA> (yes, it would have mattered for the previous two attacks – no poison effect)
[21:11] <Dylan> (aura of protection)
[21:11] <Miri> (oh, cool)
[21:11] <DM_ToA> (4 rounds)
[21:11] <Miri> (so i'm not poisoned any more or i am still?)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (Still for 3 more rounds)
[21:12] <Miri> (k)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (Stol – make perception roll with advantage because you're a big, fluffy Kitty!)
[21:15] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Stol is Whiskers?!)
[21:12] <Miri> (close, saber tooth tiger)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (Whiskers on 'roids)
[21:16] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (when its dark and you here a big pissy kitty running after you, you'd think it was a sabertooth too)
[21:13] <Stolanimus> 1d20+3 perc
[21:13] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑧)+3 'perc']: 11
[21:13] <Ash> (You smell catnip!!!)
[21:13] <Stolanimus> (If I can smell it, I have keen advantage)
[21:13] <Miri> (adv)
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (Duuude…I'm totally high!)
[21:14] <Stolanimus> (roll again?)
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (roll again Stol – adv)
[21:14] <Stolanimus> 1d20+3 perc
[21:14] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑰)+3 'perc']: 20
[21:14] <Kayalia> (Mister glowy-mc-snake-arms is a good dude, he never did anything to us. We should leave him alone. Protect him, even!)
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (ugg, I think my OJ has fermented. Let me get some more…)
[21:15] <Stolanimus> (is it my action?)
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[21:16] * Stolanimus sprints to attack the source of the arrows.
[21:17] <Stolanimus> (roll attack?)
[21:17] <DM_ToA> (can you use Dash as a bonus action? or would that be your attack?0
[21:18] <Ash> (For most classes, dash is an action)
[21:18] <Ash> (I believe)
[21:18] <Kayalia> (I can use it as bonus!)
[21:18] <Miri> (what's the speed of a saber tooth tiger?)
[21:18] <Stolanimus> (40ft speed)
[21:18] <DM_ToA> Kayalia – you have weird people to defend)
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (you'd use your action to run, and can attack next round)
[21:19] <Kayalia> (HEY don't call my snake-friends weird!)
[21:19] <Stolanimus> (ok, I do what must be done)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> (ok – run kitty! Kill! Kill!)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> rolling Xan's perception to wake up:
[21:20] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1
[21:20] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(④)+1]: 5
[21:23] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (haha!)
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (friggin narcoleptic)
[21:24] * Xanthos_Beardhand mumbles something about a halfling and a good time in his sleep
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (Round 2)
[21:21] <DM_ToA> Ash – save them)
[21:21] * Ash goes after the glowing one.
[21:22] <DM_ToA> (this gonna be gud)
[21:22] <Ash> 1d20+5
[21:22] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑦)+5]: 12
[21:22] <Terres> (i am confuseled, is the glowy one goody or baddy)
[21:22] <DM_ToA> Kayalia – you see Ash rush towards your friend with malice in his eyes.
[21:22] <Miri> (baddy)
[21:22] <Ash> 1d20+5 because of advantage
[21:22] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑳)+5 'because of advantage']: 25 (Way to go!)
[21:22] <Kayalia> (goody)
[21:22] <Kayalia> (yikes)
[21:22] <DM_ToA> (Glowing one bad…but Kaylaia doesn't seem to mind)
[21:23] <Ash> 2d8+2
[21:23] <TolBot> Ash's 2d8(⑥⑧)+2]: 16
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (hit)
[21:23] <Ash> (Club it like a baby seal)
[21:23] <Kayalia> “Hey! Stop! He didn't do anything to us! We're sorry, I didn't– he didn't mean it! Please don't me mad at us!”
[21:23] <DM_ToA> Kayalia – you stand aghast as Ash attacks your friend with absolute impunity.
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (Dylan?)
[21:24] <Ash> “Snap out of it, this thing is not your friend!”
[21:24] <Dylan> *(my turn?)
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (yep)
[21:25] * Dylan attacks the same one he was fighting before
[21:25] <Dylan> (is he still living?)
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (if you can call it that…he's looking pretty bad)
[21:25] <Dylan> 1d20+9 adv
[21:25] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(2, 19)+9 'adv']: 28
[21:25] <Dylan> 1d20+9 adv
[21:25] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(7, 17)+9 'adv']: 26
[21:26] <DM_ToA> (…and that's not going to help)
[21:26] <Dylan> 2d6+6
[21:26] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚂⚁)+6]: 11
[21:26] <Dylan> 2d6+6
[21:26] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚂⚅)+6]: 15
[21:26] <DM_ToA> Dylan's blade drives through the chest of the beast. It gasps in shock and keels over.
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (Stol and Terres)
[21:27] <Kayalia> Ash How could you? He hasn't done anything to us! If anything, we should have been protecting him!”
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (Stol if you attack, you do so at disadv)
[21:28] <Stolanimus> (why disadv?)
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (because you're attacking a different, hidden creature)
[21:28] <Stolanimus> (huh?)
[21:28] * Terres looks at the glowy one and fires off another set of Eldritch blasts at it
[21:29] <Terres> (we still have adv against that thing?)
[21:29] <Dylan> (brb gotta help wife)
[21:30] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 disadv Claw attack
[21:30] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(14, 4)+7 'disadv Claw attack']: 11
[21:30] <DM_ToA> (have adv against Glow-stick Snake Barbie)
[21:30] <Terres> 2#1d20+7 adv
[21:30] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(9, 9)+7 'adv']: 16
[21:30] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(12, 7)+7 'adv']: 19
[21:31] <DM_ToA> Stol – you lash out with your paws. You feel the re-buff of the air as you come close to something that scurried away.
[21:32] <Kayalia> “Where'd that cat come from? Why is everyone after you, mister?! You have to get out of here, its not safe!”
[21:32] <DM_ToA> Terres roll damage)
[21:33] <Terres> (both hit?)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[21:33] <Terres> 2#1d10+2
[21:33] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(⑧)+2]: 10
[21:33] <Kayalia> (my friend is gonmna get killed ;_;)
[21:33] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(②)+2]: 4
[21:33] <Terres> (14 total)
[21:34] <DM_ToA> Both blows of energy stagger him back, black ichor bubbling from the wounds.
[21:34] <Miri> (did mr glowy just die?)
[21:35] <DM_ToA> The Glowing One looks at you Kayalia and says “Defend my retreat!”
[21:35] <DM_ToA> (nope)
[21:35] <Miri> (k)
[21:35] <DM_ToA> Miri and Kayalia – you're up)
[21:35] <Kayalia> “Just hurry!”
[21:35] <Miri> (would i have heard kay making nice with the creature?)
[21:36] <DM_ToA> (roll percep)
[21:36] <Miri> 1d20
[21:36] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(①)]: 1 (*cough*)
[21:36] <Miri> (that's a no)
[21:36] <Ash> (I'm pretty sure I would, since I'm next to Mr. Glowy)
[21:36] <DM_ToA> (nope)
[21:36] <DM_ToA> Ash – roll with adv since you're focused on him)
[21:36] <DM_ToA> (percep)
[21:36] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[21:36] <Ash> 1d20+2 adv
[21:36] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(13, 20)+2 'adv']: 22 (Way to go!)
[21:36] * Miri will not attak kay then and will go for mr. glowy with two reckless attacks)
[21:36] * Kayalia tries to block Terres and Ash from advancing, arms out. “STOP!” She screams. “Leave him alone! What's wrong with you guys!”
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (Yes, Ash you've heard *everything*)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (brb again)
[21:37] <Miri> (ok so fairy fire adv….poison disadv. reckless advantage….so how does that work out?)
[21:37] <Ash> (Even the sweet nothings whispered in her ear)
[21:37] <Ash> (Advantage cancels disadvantage, so it would be normal)
[21:38] <Kayalia> (ya you have neither adv or disadv)
[21:38] <Miri> (even….ok)
[21:38] <Miri> 1d20+6
[21:38] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑤)+6]: 11
[21:38] <Miri> 1d20+6
[21:38] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑫)+6]: 18
[21:38] <Miri> 2d6+5 slashing
[21:38] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(⚂⚁)+5 'slashing']: 10
[21:38] <Miri> 2d6 fire
[21:38] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(⚅⚅) 'fire']: 12
[21:38] <Kayalia> (one kaya cannot stop 4 bloodthirsty party members :< )
[21:39] <Miri> (if the last one hit that's a total of 22 damage)
[21:39] <Miri> (be happy, if miri had heard she was gonna attack kay to knock her out)
[21:40] <Kayalia> (probably for the best)
[21:40] <Kayalia> (dunno why nobody else got the wis saves tho)
[21:41] <Kayalia> (maybe he can only charm 1 person at a time?O)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (last one hit, first one didn't)
[21:41] <Miri> (k, so 22 total damage)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> It dies, snarling something…
[21:41] <Kayalia> D:
[21:42] <DM_ToA> (sorry wrong one)
[21:42] <DM_ToA> (actually – Kayalia if you nwat to try to parry the attack, make an attack roll on Miri)
[21:43] <Miri> (with advantage)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (technially, both of you are acting at the same time)
[21:43] <Kayalia> (aren't I pre-occupied with ash and terres?)
[21:43] <Stolanimus> (Hadn’t realized that Tolbot can be a little bit of a jerk: TolBot: Miri's 1d20(①)]: 1 (*cough*)
[21:44] <DM_ToA> (yes, you're right Kayalia Miri smacks him good)
[21:44] <DM_ToA> (Your action, Kayalia)
[21:45] * Kayalia continues to block Ash and Terres for the moment, looking a bit distraught over the blood-thirstiness of her comarades.
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (holding action? if so, what's the trigger?)
[21:46] <Kayalia> (not so much hold as full defense + If the two of them approach, grab them as attack of opportunity?)
[21:46] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:47] <Miri> (so mr glowy not deady?)
[21:47] <Kayalia> (i THINK HE IS?)
[21:47] <Kayalia> (I think he is?*
[21:48] <DM_ToA> The glowing one sprints towards a building in the far west.
[21:48] <DM_ToA> (Mr. Glow-stick is not dead, but very, very scared)
[21:49] <Ash> (If he's fleeing, AoO?)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> (anyone who has not attacked and is in rnge can make a shot for Mr. Glowy and risk Kayalia's wrath)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[21:49] <Ash> 1d20+5 adv
[21:49] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(7, 17)+5 'adv']: 22
[21:49] <Kayalia> (withdrawing as action to avoid aoo would be smart )
[21:49] <Dylan> (checking a flight)
[21:49] <Ash> 1d8+2
[21:49] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(⑧)+2]: 10
[21:50] <Kayalia> (also ash and terres cannot since Kaya is blocking them)
[21:50] <Ash> (Well to be fair, I was adjacent to him, before you moved in to block)
[21:51] <Miri> (she isn't blocking miri but i'm guessing she doesn't get the aoo)
[21:51] <Terres> (i cant take a few steps so either Kay follows me to protect him or has to stay near ash?)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (that's right…for bloxking, I want you Kayalia to make a to-hit against Ash (AC 18) if you succeed, you can roll damage to reduce)
[21:51] <Kayalia> (hum)
[21:51] <Kayalia> 1d20+8
[21:51] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(③)+8]: 11
[21:51] <Ash> (I'm AC 20)
[21:51] <Kayalia> (nay…)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (she's engaged with Ash so you can make an attack of opprotunity if you want)
[21:52] <Terres> (can i cast another set of blasts?)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> Kayalia springs with a deadly grace, but Ash – the seasoned warrior – is too quick.
[21:52] <DM_ToA> Terres yes)
[21:52] <Kayalia> (uh… I
[21:52] <Kayalia> (I've no interest in attacking them)
[21:52] * Terres takes a few steps to a side then blasts the glowy one again
[21:52] * Stolanimus sniffs around, ready to pounce.
[21:52] <Terres> 2#1d20+7 adv
[21:52] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(6, 15)+7 'adv']: 22
[21:52] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(9, 2)+7 'adv']: 16
[21:53] <Terres> 2#1d10+2
[21:53] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(②)+2]: 4
[21:53] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(⑨)+2]: 11
[21:53] <Kayalia> (what is terres rolling?)
[21:53] <DM_ToA> (you're not attacking, you're trying to defend your friend…and frankly… he's probably disappointed in you right now. In fact…I think you're not going to get a Christmas card from him this year.)
[21:53] <Kayalia> ( :( )
[21:54] <Terres> (i ma just lighting his way so he doesnt get lost in the dark)
[21:54] <DM_ToA> Terres whips his hands about, sending off two bolts of energy that strike him, making the purple reverberate.
[21:55] <DM_ToA> Miri and Kayalia)
[21:55] <Miri> (glowy still alive?)
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (Yes…kinda)
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (but he is out of melle range)
[21:56] <Miri> (is he within 40 feet?)
[21:56] <DM_ToA> (Stol, roll percep with adv)
[21:56] <DM_ToA> (at 40 feet)
[21:56] <Miri> (yay!)
[21:56] * Miri takes her 40 feet movement, and takes two reckless attacks against mr glowy.
[21:56] <Miri> 1d20+6
[21:56] <Miri> 1d20+6
[21:56] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑯)+6]: 22
[21:56] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑥)+6]: 12
[21:57] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[21:57] <Miri> 4d6+10 slashing
[21:57] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(⚄⚅⚅⚃)+10 'slashing']: 31
[21:57] <Miri> 4d6 fire
[21:57] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(⚅⚂⚀⚂) 'fire']: 13
[21:57] <Stolanimus> 1d20+3 adv
[21:57] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(16, 20)+3 'adv']: 23 (Magnificent.)
[21:57] <Miri> (44 points of damage)
[21:58] <Stolanimus> (so thrilled I wasted a 20 on a skill check)
[21:58] * Stolanimus races 20ft ahead, attacking.
[21:59] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 claw attack
[21:59] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑫)+7 'claw attack']: 19
[21:59] <DM_ToA> Miri – fueled by unthinking rage – sprints ahead and slams her blade into Mr. Glowy. His dying words are aimed at you, Kayalia…“Worst…friend…ever…“
[21:59] <Stolanimus> (disadvantage?)
[21:59] <Kayalia> “Well, screw you too!”
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (nope – straight roll)
[21:59] * Stolanimus lets out a tiger roar to give up his location.
[22:00] <Stolanimus> (hit?)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> (Everything that flies and creeps in a three mile radius knows where you are)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> (yes, hit)
[22:00] <Stolanimus> 2d6+6 and knocked prone DC14 STR save
[22:00] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d6(⚄⚂)+6 'and knocked prone DC14 STR save']: 14
[22:01] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3 DC 14
[22:01] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮)+3 'DC 14']: 18
[22:01] <Stolanimus> (hmm, strong archer)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> Stol's claw catches in something and you feel flesh part under your might…
[22:01] <Miri> (pulling back a bow aint easy)
[22:02] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑫)+4]: 16
[22:04] <Stolanimus> (am i still here?)
[22:04] <Miri> (yes)
[22:05] <Dylan> (is it just me or has the pace today slowed?)
[22:06] <Miri> (very slow)
[22:06] * Miri pokes the dm)
[22:06] <Ash> (slow)
[22:06] <DM_ToA> (Round 3)
[22:06] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[22:06] * Ash heals Miri
[22:09] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+1 perception (calling fail now)
[22:06] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑫)+1 'perception (calling fail now)']: 13
[22:06] <Dylan> (kay still charmed?)
[22:07] <Ash> 1d4+2
[22:07] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(⚂)+2]: 5
[22:07] * Kayalia drops to her knees, confused. How was she not providing at least half cover to glowy against ranged spell attacks? How was someone able to melee a target behind her? Why did she have to make a strike to be physically positioned in the way? It all boggled her mind. But moreso, the pain of being called a terrible friend…
[22:07] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[22:08] * Dylan points at Kayalia “Stop”
[22:08] * Stolanimus senses the archer sneaking away and strikes.
[22:08] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 claw
[22:08] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑮)+7 'claw']: 22
[22:08] <Dylan> (cast hold person)
[22:09] <Stolanimus> 2d6+6
[22:09] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d6(⚅⚁)+6]: 14
[22:09] <DM_ToA> (Stol hit)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 Wis save
[22:10] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(①)+1 'Wis save']: 2 (Yikes!)
[22:11] <DM_ToA> Something hisses…then falls over into the tall grass.
[22:11] <Stolanimus> (near me?)
[22:11] <Kayalia> (I think he was casting hold person on me for some reason but let's go with the snake)
[22:12] <DM_ToA> (Very near you, Stol)
[22:13] * Stolanimus drags the thing back to the group.
[22:13] <DM_ToA> (Sorry – Kayalia make a Wis Save)
[22:13] <Kayalia> 1d20 wis
[22:13] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(③) 'wis']: 3
[22:13] <Kayalia> (pretty unnecessary since she was neither a threat, nor was on her feet anymore, nor was any longer charmed)
[22:14] <Ash> (But in character that may not be known)
[22:14] <DM_ToA> Kayalia – you feel your muscles stiffen and lock into place.
[22:14] <Kayalia> (the first 2 of 3 were known)
[22:15] <DM_ToA> A massive brownish saber toothed tiger drags back something – half man, half snake, still clutching an ornate bow in one hand.
[22:17] <Miri> (brb)
[22:17] <DM_ToA> Near the fire…Xanthos decides to stir, wake and stretch.
[22:18] <Stolanimus> ( lol )
[22:18] <DM_ToA> Miri flexes her legs and grunts as she rips out the arrows and tosses them aside.
[22:19] <Ash> (Combat done?)
[22:22] * Xanthos_Beardhand looks around for a moment, “Oh, they left,” he yawns, and rolls over, “they where an interesting lot…“
[22:19] <DM_ToA> (Round 4)
[22:19] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[22:19] <Miri> (back)
[22:22] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (assuming they're a ways away from me and the sounds of combat are not fully noticable)
[22:20] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:20] * Terres looks around for any further enemies
[22:20] * Ash grabs Kayalia and drags her to safety.
[22:20] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[22:20] * Stolanimus sniffs around for scales, blood and acidic rot.
[22:20] <Ash> “Come on you, time to get away from where things can fuck with your head.”
[22:21] <DM_ToA> Stol leans forward to sniff…
[22:21] <Dylan> (uhmm)
[22:21] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 Bite The Kitty!
[22:21] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑤)+5 'Bite The Kitty!']: 10
[22:21] * Dylan attacks half man half snake thing ?
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (*bleep*)
[22:22] * Kayalia is basically incapacitated and cannot raise protect about being dragged…
[22:22] <DM_ToA> Dylan you get to attack as this thing lunges at Stol)
[22:22] <Dylan> (AoO?)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:22] <Stolanimus> (what thing? I thought everything was dead / combat was over)
[22:22] <Dylan> (plus my regular attacks?)
[22:22] <Kayalia> (protest*)
[22:23] <DM_ToA> (Stol, you get an attack as well because of sentinel)
[22:23] <Dylan> (does AoO give advantage?)
[22:23] <Stolanimus> (no)
[22:23] <Dylan> 1d20+9
[22:23] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑰)+9]: 26
[22:23] <Dylan> 2d6+6
[22:23] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚁⚁)+6]: 10
[22:23] <Stolanimus> (Is this the glowing creature?)
[22:24] <DM_ToA> (No)
[22:24] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 OA on creature I have no idea what it is
[22:24] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑱)+7 'OA on creature I have no idea what it is']: 25
[22:24] <DM_ToA> (hit)
[22:24] <Stolanimus> 2d6+6
[22:24] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d6(⚃⚃)+6]: 14
[22:25] <Dylan> (regular attacks after AoO?)
[22:25] <DM_ToA> The snake-man lunges up, fangs bared to attack the tiger. Dylan moves out of instinct, driving a swooping slice at the creature's mouth. Stol moves with a more feral instinct, but no less deadly.
[22:26] <DM_ToA> (yes – Terres)
[22:26] <Terres> (i see this last guy attacking?)
[22:26] <DM_ToA> (es, you all see it)
[22:27] * Terres swears something in dwarven and casts another 2 Eldritch blasts at the thing
[22:27] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[22:27] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑭)+7]: 21
[22:27] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑰)+7]: 24
[22:27] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[22:27] <Terres> 2#1d10+2
[22:27] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(③)+2]: 5
[22:27] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(⑨)+2]: 11
[22:28] <DM_ToA> The last bolt blows out the back of the creature's head, sending it flopping back.
[22:28] <DM_ToA> (Now combat is over)
[22:28] * Dylan sighs and looks around
[22:28] <DM_ToA> (4500 XP total)
[22:28] <Dylan> “Well.. that happened”
[22:28] <Miri> (how far into my watch did this happen?)
[22:29] * Ash sticks by Kayalia until she stirs.
[22:29] * Stolanimus sits and licks his paws.
[22:29] <DM_ToA> (You had started your watch about five minutes before the attack)
[22:29] <Miri> (642 each)
[22:32] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (642xp for sleeping lol)
[22:30] * Miri cleans off her blade and then goes back to keeping watch.
[22:30] <DM_ToA> (Also – these guys had been stalking you since you entered the city)
[22:30] <Stolanimus> wow
[22:30] <Stolanimus> (wow)
[22:30] <Terres> (does that include the last week stuff?)
[22:30] <Miri> (no)
[22:30] <DM_ToA> (time to loot the dead for fun and fabulous prizes?)
[22:30] <Miri> (you got 1640 for last week)
[22:31] * Kayalia is very nonplused when she regains her mental capacity.
[22:31] <Dylan> (most of you should be levelling)
[22:32] <Dylan> (i have questions post game)
[22:32] <Miri> (about half way to level 7 here)
[22:32] <DM_ToA> (want to call it, so I can answer for post-game recriminations?)
[22:32] * Stolanimus picks up the ornamental bow in his mouth and drops it at Dylan’s feet.
[22:33] <DM_ToA> (eww…cat slobber…)
[22:33] <Kayalia> (I have 18,322 / 23,000)
[22:33] <DM_ToA> (Unless you guys want me to handle XP dispersion as well?)
[22:33] <Ash> (End after we complete a long rest)
[22:33] * Terres goes to the previously glowing snake and checks it for anything of interest
[22:33] <Kayalia> (I thought we just did 642XP?)
[22:33] <DM_ToA> (nothing there)
[22:34] <DM_ToA> (that [642] was for the combat and participation xp)
[22:34] <Kayalia> (whats left to handle?)
[22:35] * Dylan picks up the bow
[22:35] <DM_ToA> (nothing else, but Dylan has post game questions and I want to be awake enough to answer them)
[22:36] <Miri> (can we say we get in a long rest and end for the night then?)
[22:36] <Terres> “Cheap ass snakes, not even a decent sammich on them”
[22:36] <DM_ToA> (Sure)
[22:36] * Kayalia storms off, pissed, to her own sleeping arrangements.
[22:36] <DM_ToA> As this session draws to a close, the moon rises overhead to view the living and the dead.
[22:36] <DM_ToA> (done)

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_26_-_10-7-2018.txt · Last modified: 2018/10/15 00:24 by ryubasteon