Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_26_-_10-14-2018

[19:34] <DM_ToA> When last we left our adventurers – having braved the trial of combat…only to run afoul of their snake-men minders – our adventurers finally have a chance to rest and recover within the abandoned city of Omu. What further trials will our adveturers combat? Join us as the episode of Tomb of Annihilation and our story begins!
[19:34] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[19:35] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[19:36] <DM_ToA> You guys have camped outside Shagambi’s Shrine. No one else has attacked or molested you. Full rest.
[19:38] <DM_ToA> The morning sun rises up – seemingly eager to scorch both leaf and flesh.
[19:38] * Terres gets up and shakes the sleep from his bones
[19:39] * Miri gets up and fills up her water skins from the volumous vase.
[19:40] * Ash rubs the stiffness from his muscles, and massages the sore spots.
[19:40] <Miri> “well…what shall we kill today?”
[19:40] <DM_ToA> From a distance away, you hear chanting and screaming.
[19:41] <Terres> “This place is always giving us something new!”
[19:41] <DM_ToA> “HOO0CHAH-HEA!” “HOOoCHAH-HEA!” “AIEEEEEEE!!”
[19:41] * Ash sighs
[19:41] * Terres tries to determine where the screaming is coming from
[19:41] * Miri turns towards the sound as she stoes away the last of her stuff. “i guess that's our que?”
[19:41] <Ash> “I was hoping for time for breakfast, a luxury I'm starting to get used to.”
[19:42] <DM_ToA> In the direction of the chanting – you see 9 humanoid figures carrying a tenth towards a deep pit with steam billowing out.
[19:42] * Stolanimus finishes his morning routine.
[19:43] <Terres> (how far away?)
[19:43] * Miri pullls her sword out and at the ready as she heads towards the noise.
[19:44] <Terres> (is it more of those triangle cannibal guys?)
[19:47] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Sorry, had a sick little one)
[19:44] <Miri> (meep, everything ok?)
[19:44] <DM_ToA> (30 feet away)
[19:47] * Xanthos_Beardhand looks at the group of humanoids
[19:44] <Terres> (and they ignore us or didnt see us yet?)
[19:45] <DM_ToA> (little of both it looks like – they're whipped up in a religious frenzy)
[19:45] * Terres grumbles under his breath, then casts Mage armor on himself in reparation for a “Dialog”
[19:48] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (she was hugging the porcelin throne. :\ )
[19:45] * Stolanimus pops to his feet.
[19:45] <DM_ToA> (eww…poor little one)
[19:48] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “They're the Vege-Pygmy, I've seen them before.”
[19:46] * Miri looks to her group and then tries to sneak up to get a beter look.
[19:46] <Terres> (that be no good, that throne is for sitting. Hope she feels better now.)
[19:46] <DM_ToA> Miri roll stealth)
[19:46] * Ash sighs
[19:46] <Miri> 1d20
[19:46] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑪)]: 11
[19:46] <Ash> “I guess this is a good time as any to try this spell…“
[19:47] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[19:47] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮)+3]: 18
[19:50] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “They're neutral, if you make no aggressive actions towards them, you should be fine.”
[19:47] * Ash casts “AID” on Miri Terres and himself.
[19:50] * Xanthos_Beardhand saunters towards the group, as if to greet an old friend
[19:47] <Miri> (does what?)
[19:47] <DM_ToA> The group of creatures stop at the brink of the pit, chant something and raise the struggling thing three times…
[19:47] <Terres> “They look like they are about to neutrally sacrifice that one person”
[19:48] <Ash> (Your hps & max hps increase by 10 for 8 hours)
[19:51] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “It probably pissed them off,” he glances back over his shoulder as he speaks and continues towards them, also wanting to get a better view of what they're sacraficing.
[19:48] <Terres> ( so are they those same cannibal guys?)
[19:49] <DM_ToA> They unceremoniously dump the creature, which you can see that it looks more frog like than anything, on the ground and dance around it – occassionaly darting at it with a shriek to scare it.
[19:49] <DM_ToA> (No)
[19:51] * Miri keeps her sword down in a non-threatening mannor for the time being, but still at the ready, and unlit.
[19:52] <Terres> “What is going on here?”
[19:52] <DM_ToA> The creatures stop suddendly, looking at you, Terres.
[19:55] * Xanthos_Beardhand sighs, “Hello again my friends.”
[19:52] <Ash> “oh boy”
[19:53] * Terres looks at them then at the captive frog thing
[19:53] <DM_ToA> A small plant-like thing with four legs crawls next to one of the things with ornate feathers and growls.
[19:54] <DM_ToA> “BATCHA HURI! NABALA OH!”
[19:57] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (oh oh ah ah tookie tookie)
[19:54] <Terres> “Hmm …. All hail the king of feathers! … Could this have anything to do with that line”
[19:54] <DM_ToA> https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/avatars/9/806/636332068278071975.jpeg
[19:55] <DM_ToA> The frog person is babbling something and pointing towards the city.
[19:56] <Terres> (getting the urge to fireball the lot of them!)
[19:56] * Terres looks at Xanthos ” You understand any of that?”
[19:58] <Ash> (Is there a knowledge check for any of these?)
[20:01] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Fraid not”
[19:59] <DM_ToA> (since combat is inevitable… here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435
[20:00] <DM_ToA> Ash – make a nature check)
[20:02] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Oi George, Still tormenting your food before you eat it eh?” he says towards the creatures
[20:00] <Ash> 1d20+2
[20:00] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑳)+2]: 22 (Nailed it!)
[20:00] * Terres casts minor Illusion to make his voice sound like one of the larger predator Dinos from the jungle and roars
[20:03] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20
[20:00] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑤)]: 5
[20:00] * Miri just waits for someone to let her off the leash as it were.
[20:02] <Ash> “Tribally, they seem very similiar to goblins with how they act. I think you can expect them to be primative and probably not overly friendly.
[20:02] <Ash> “Well, at least I think so.”
[20:02] <Miri> “but is the thing they intend to sacrafice innocent.”
[20:06] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “They just like to play with their food.”
[20:03] <Ash> (Can I ID the frog thing?)
[20:04] <DM_ToA> Terres – your roar…perfected by being near such beasts – scatters all the creatures but the final three, who lower their spears at you.
[20:04] <DM_ToA> Ash roll nature)
[20:04] <Ash> 1d20+2
[20:04] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑤)+2]: 7
[20:05] * Terres laughs maniacally
[20:05] * Ash shrugs
[20:05] <Stolanimus> -init rolls plz
[20:05] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[20:05] <Ash> “I don't know if it's innocent or not.
[20:05] <Ash> 1d20
[20:05] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(④)]: 4
[20:05] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[20:05] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(④)+2]: 6
[20:05] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[20:05] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑪)+1 'init']: 12
[20:08] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20
[20:05] <Miri> 1d20
[20:05] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑯)]: 16
[20:05] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑥)]: 6
[20:06] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 Vege 1
[20:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑱)+1 'Vege 1']: 19
[20:06] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 Vege 2
[20:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(④)+1 'Vege 2']: 5
[20:06] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 Vege 3
[20:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑳)+1 'Vege 3']: 21 (Amazing.)
[20:07] <DM_ToA> -init
[20:08] <Stolanimus> -init report
[20:08] <TolBot> Initiative Order: <DM_ToA, 21, Miri 16, Terres 12, Stolanimus 6, Xanthos_Beardhand, 6, Ash 4
[20:08] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 Vege1
[20:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑤)+1 'Vege1']: 6
[20:08] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 Vege2
[20:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑳)+1 'Vege2']: 21 (Marvelous)
[20:08] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 Vege3
[20:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑭)+1 'Vege3']: 15
[20:08] <DM_ToA> -init
[20:09] <Terres> (am i seeing double rolls?)
[20:09] <DM_ToA> (I messed up in setting up the roll)
[20:09] <Stolanimus> -init set Vege1 19
[20:09] <TolBot> Vege1's init set to 19
[20:09] <Stolanimus> -init set Vege2 5
[20:09] <TolBot> Vege2's init set to 5
[20:09] <Stolanimus> -init set Vege3 21
[20:09] <TolBot> Vege3's init set to 21
[20:10] <Stolanimus> -init set <DM_ToA 0
[20:10] <TolBot> <DM_ToA's init set to 0
[20:10] <Stolanimus> -init report
[20:10] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Vege3, 21, <DM_ToA, 21, Vege1, 19, Miri 16, Terres 12, Stolanimus 6, Xanthos_Beardhand, 6, Vege2, 5, Ash 4, <DM_ToA, 0
[20:10] <Stolanimus> (that works, other than the DM rolls stuck in there. hehe)
[20:11] <Stolanimus> (anyone can send public or private “-init report” to see the order again
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (put yourselves in the battle board)
[20:13] <DM_ToA> The one on the far right (to you all) whips out a braided thong with a stone nestled in it. He slings the stone at Xanthos…
[20:14] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:14] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑤)+4]: 9
[20:14] <DM_ToA> …and it goes sailing overhead.
[20:15] <DM_ToA> The far left one tries to hit Miri
[20:15] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:15] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(①)+4]: 5 (Tsk, tsk)
[20:15] <Terres> Miri consider yourself let loose)
[20:15] <DM_ToA> The thong snaps and the stone sails backwards…where it lands in the pit with a sizzle.
[20:15] <DM_ToA> (Miri)
[20:16] <Miri> (1 tried to hit me?)
[20:16] <Miri> (#1 not one of)
[20:16] <Terres> ( This… IS…. OMU!)
[20:16] * Miri steps up next to #1 and #2 and takes one swing at #1 and one at #2 after going into a rage.
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (roll)
[20:17] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv #1 reckless attack.
[20:17] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(6, 8)+6 'adv #1 reckless attack.']: 14
[20:17] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv #2 reckless attack.
[20:17] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(17, 2)+6 'adv #2 reckless attack.']: 23
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (#2 is hit, #1 misses)
[20:18] <Miri> 2d6+5 #2
[20:18] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(⚅⚂)+5 '#2']: 14
[20:18] <Miri> (brb now)
[20:18] <DM_ToA> Miri's first hit is wide with fury, but the second cleaves the monster in half.
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (TErres)
[20:20] * Terres continues to laugh and cast Frostbite at Veg3 (DC 14 con save)
[20:20] <Terres> 2d6
[20:20] <TolBot> Terres's 2d6(⚁⚁)]: 4
[20:21] <DM_ToA> The vege-pygmy stiffens as frost weighs down the leaves and lumps.
[20:21] <Terres> (if it fails the save it gets 4 dmg and disadvantage on next attack)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (Stol and Xanthos)
[20:26] * Xanthos_Beardhand sighs and pulls his greataxe, “Time to weed the garden'
[20:26] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 vs Vege2
[20:23] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑩)+7 'vs Vege2']: 17
[20:26] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 vs Vege2
[20:24] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑱)+7 'vs Vege2']: 25
[20:24] <DM_ToA> (two hits)
[20:27] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d12+4
[20:24] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d12(⑫)+4]: 16
[20:27] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d12+4
[20:24] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d12(⑥)+4]: 10
[20:24] <Miri> (back)
[20:24] <DM_ToA> The vegepygmy is cleaved down the middle with brutal efficiency
[20:24] <DM_ToA> (ash)
[20:25] * Ash advances behind Miri and touches her shoulder (Guidance)
[20:25] * Ash then enchants his club. (end action)
[20:25] * Stolanimus transforms into an allosaurus and attacks.
[20:25] <Terres> (the red stuff on the map is the cliff with lava bellow?)
[20:26] <Ash> (It's veggy blood)
[20:29] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Ranch dressing)
[20:29] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Sorry, French)
[20:26] <DM_ToA> (yes, it's lava)
[20:26] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 claw attack on a fresh one.
[20:26] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑥)+7 'claw attack on a fresh one.']: 13
[20:26] <Miri> (what does guidance do again?)
[20:27] <Stolanimus> (Vege 3 I guess)
[20:27] <DM_ToA> (Stol Hit)
[20:29] <Stolanimus> 1d8+5 slashing damage and STR save DC13 or knocked prone from pounce.
[20:29] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d8(①)+5 'slashing damage and STR save DC13 or knocked prone from pounce.']: 6
[20:30] <DM_ToA> Stol-asaurus flicks one of his sickle-sharp claws…disembowleing the creature like it was a fat eight-year old boy.
[20:30] <Stolanimus> (I’m a large creature, 2 spaces wide)
[20:30] <Ash> (That's oddly graphic and very specific)
[20:32] <DM_ToA> (saw “Jurassic Park” today)
[20:32] <Stolanimus> (hehe, awesome. here’s an allo: http://images.dinosaurpictures.org/AllosaurusSP2008_2689.jpg )
[20:37] * Xanthos_Beardhand starts picking up the 'tossed salad' remains and lobbing them over the cliff
[20:34] <DM_ToA> They tumble through the air – igniting before they strike the molten rock.
[20:35] * Terres looks around for the Frog creature
[20:38] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Theres another temple,” he glances at the group, “Over that way,” he points to the west, “We set ropes at a narrow point along the way, so we could cross.”
[20:38] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (replace West with “far side of the lava lake” lol)
[20:38] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (sorry, brain is fuzzy :\)
[20:36] <DM_ToA> (northeast)
[20:36] * Miri sighs as she calms down. “well….that was….disapointing.”
[20:36] <Ash> “Why?”
[20:39] * Xanthos_Beardhand wipes his greataxe down and puts it away
[20:37] <DM_ToA> You all see the temple Xanthos is pointing to – a spike of land sticking out of the lava. The narrowest point is about 60 feet across.
[20:37] <Ash> “That looks unpleasant.”
[20:40] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Feel like we're playing a text multi-player version of Breath of the Wild)
[20:38] <Miri> (map of omu?)
[20:38] <DM_ToA> https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/948/ph12.jpg
[20:39] <Miri> (thank ya, i tried google and half the sites got flagged before i got to them lol)
[20:40] <Ash> “So how does one get over there, short of making a bridge?”
[20:40] <Terres> (he did mention some ropes?)
[20:40] * Stolanimus is now known as Stolanosaur
[20:40] * @Stolanosaur follows behind.
[20:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Assuming thats your next destination?”
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (Did he? Discuss! brb)
[20:42] <Ash> “Well it's the closest one we can see, unless somebody has a better suggestion.”
[20:42] <Terres> “The little frog guy ran away without thanking us even!”
[20:43] <Terres> “It seems we are destined to visit all the shrines anyway, might as well get this lava pit behind us.”
[20:44] * Miri wipes down her sword and sheeths it for now.
[20:44] * @Stolanosaur looks at Ash and shrugs with his wee little arms.
[20:45] <Miri> “Looks like we are gonna get sweaty.” she looks to Xanthos “is there a best area to cross to it?”
[20:48] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Theres a narrow area, we set up ropes there”
[20:46] <Miri> “Well, i don't think the ropes will still be there but lead the way.”
[20:50] * Xanthos_Beardhand heads off in that direction
[20:48] * Miri follows.
[20:48] * Terres follows
[20:50] <DM_ToA> You all wander through the ruins of the city with the lava to your right and the weed choked bricks to your left.
[20:50] * Terres keeps his eyes open for more of the Pygmys
[20:51] <DM_ToA> A fallen tree bridges the river ahead. Its trunk is wider than a man and stretches more than 100 feet. On both banks lie ruined buildings.
[20:52] <Terres> 1d20+3 perc
[20:52] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(②)+3 'perc']: 5
[20:52] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[20:53] <DM_ToA> The tree looks large enough for two of you (excluding Stolanosaur) to walk side by side.
[20:54] * Terres kicks the tree stump first to make sure its solid before getting in top of it
[20:55] * Miri will follow a few paces behind terres.
[20:55] <Terres> “Perfect spot for an ambush”
[20:56] <Ash> “For archers at least, or to trap somebody at that temple.”
[20:57] <Terres> (how wide is the river? 100ft?)
[20:58] * Terres gets ready to cross carefully
[20:58] <DM_ToA> (About that…yeah. There's no real scale emntioned here)
[20:58] <DM_ToA> (actually, yhere is a scale –75 feet it looks like)
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (make a Athletics check with advantage since you're going it alone)
[21:00] <Terres> 1d20 adv Athletics
[21:00] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(12, 20) 'adv Athletics']: 20 (Amazing.)
[21:00] * Miri waits to see if Terres makes it across first before she crosses herself.
[21:01] <Terres> (great starting to waste the high rolls already)
[21:04] * Xanthos_Beardhand will head across next (after Miri)
[21:01] <DM_ToA> It's easy – you've done this on slippier logs back home.
[21:02] <Terres> (wait am i leading the way? Thats not very smart)
[21:02] * Miri heads over next.
[21:02] <Miri> (althetics check?)
[21:03] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[21:03] <Miri> 1d20+6
[21:03] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑬)+6]: 19
[21:04] <DM_ToA> As Terres hops off the log – there is a familiar whistle and an arrows lances Terre's side (7 points of damage)
[21:04] <Terres> (do i see where it came from?)
[21:05] <DM_ToA> (roll perception)
[21:05] <Terres> 1d20+3 perc
[21:05] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑦)+3 'perc']: 10
[21:05] <DM_ToA> Init for those getting in on it
[21:05] <Miri> 1d20
[21:05] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑰)]: 17
[21:08] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20
[21:05] <Ash> 1d20
[21:05] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(②)]: 2
[21:05] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑲)]: 19
[21:05] <DM_ToA> (No, Terres – you don't see anything…it could be the pain from the arrow in your side)
[21:06] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[21:06] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑤)+1 'init']: 6
[21:06] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3 init
[21:06] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑳)+3 'init']: 23 (Hurray)
[21:06] * Terres grips his side them tries to make a run for one of the ruined buildings walls for cover
[21:06] <@Stolanosaur> 1d20+2
[21:06] <TolBot> [Stolanosaur's 1d20(①)+2]: 3 (That stinks.)
[21:07] <DM_ToA> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19M9vk5owwQfsmuvcrzGW22O_bEbFE6WVfHVwgpj38Oo/edit#gid=1263296435
[21:07] <DM_ToA> (ash?)
[21:07] <Miri> (ash rolled)
[21:08] <Ash> (I got a 2)
[21:08] <DM_ToA> (round 1)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> (put yourselves on the board please)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> Terres abd Miri on the right, everyone else on the left)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3 at Miri
[21:12] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(②)+3 'at Miri']: 5
[21:12] <Miri> (miss)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> The arrow goes wide, dropping into the water.
[21:12] <DM_ToA> (Xanthos)
[21:15] * Xanthos_Beardhand heads across the log bridge
[21:15] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+4 athletics
[21:13] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑫)+4 'athletics']: 16
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (you make it across – you can engage bext round)
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (Miri)
[21:15] * Miri tries to see where the arrow came from.
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (roll perception)
[21:15] <Miri> 1d20
[21:15] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(①)]: 1 (Yowza)
[21:15] <Miri> (hahaha)
[21:16] <DM_ToA> …yeah…
[21:16] <Ash> (Yowza, you see an arrow in your eye!)
[21:16] * Miri will move over and cover Terres since she failed to find the archer.
[21:17] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[21:18] <DM_ToA> You have Miri standing in front of you, providing cover.
[21:18] * Terres looks around the wall he has picked for cover to see if he can find the person who fired the arrows again
[21:18] <Terres> 1d20+3
[21:18] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(①)+3]: 4 (Ugh.)
[21:18] <Terres> (someone is blocking my view)
[21:18] <Miri> (would you rather get riddled with arrows mr squishy?)
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (I cna help with that)
[21:19] <Terres> (i would rather see who is trying to shoot me so i can return the favor)
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (going to do anything else?)
[21:19] <Terres> (well technically “not” trying)
[21:20] <Miri> (lol)
[21:20] * Terres casts Shillelagh on his staff (bonus action)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[21:20] * Ash looks for the attackers
[21:20] <DM_ToA> (perception)
[21:23] <Xanthos_Beardhand> ( Sorry, I need to go. One sick kid has turned into a sick kid and a sick wife, I told them they shouldn't have ate at that chinese place :\ … If Miri wants, she can run Xanthos for this fight )
[21:20] <Ash> 1d20+2
[21:20] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑮)+2]: 17
[21:21] <Ash> ( :( )
[21:21] <Miri> (take care)
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (Sorry to hear that – hope it passes quietly)
[21:21] <DM_ToA> Ash – nothing)
[21:21] <Terres> (take care and i hope they feel better soon)
[21:21] * Ash steadies his shield and starts across
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (roll Athletics)
[21:22] <Ash> 1d20+1
[21:22] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑤)+1]: 6
[21:22] <Miri> (got xanthos sheet up so i can pilot him)
[21:22] <Ash> Ash goes swimming)
[21:22] * Xanthos_Beardhand is now known as Ryu
[21:22] <DM_ToA> Ash starts running, but a knot catches his foot and sends him into the drink – the madly frothing drinnk.
[21:23] <Ash> (Who said anything about running? I only took a single move)
[21:23] <Ash> “AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhh”
[21:24] <Ash> <SPLASH>
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (if you want to swim to safety, roll Athletics DC 14)
[21:24] <Ash> 1d20+1
[21:24] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑭)+1]: 15
[21:24] <Terres> (how far is Ash from our shore, or if i got to the edge how far away from me would he be?)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> It's a struggle – as if the river wants you dead more than the archer – but you manage to get to the bank.
[21:26] <DM_ToA> (Stolanosaur)
[21:26] <Terres> (whew, out of a river into an archery range as they say or something)
[21:26] <@Stolanosaur> (so, my comrades were attacked accross the river?)
[21:26] <DM_ToA> (Yep)
[21:27] * @Stolanosaur moves across the log (speed is 60) (will double move if don’t see anything yet)
[21:28] <Terres> (i kow witches float, do druids float too?)
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (you don't see anything but two of your companions huddled together)
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (I assume druids are made of wood)
[21:29] <DM_ToA> (Stol, roll Athletics)
[21:29] <@Stolanosaur> 1d20+4
[21:29] <TolBot> [Stolanosaur's 1d20(⑯)+4]: 20
[21:29] <@Stolanosaur> 1d20+5 to see if I perceive any threat to close in on.
[21:29] <TolBot> [Stolanosaur's 1d20(⑤)+5 'to see if I perceive any threat to close in on.']: 10
[21:29] <DM_ToA> Stol's footsteps shudder the tree, but he makes it across.
[21:30] <DM_ToA> You see nothing threatening.
[21:30] * @Stolanosaur moves to beside Miri and Terres.
[21:30] <DM_ToA> (Round 2)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> Another arrow streaks out, aimed at the dinosaur…
[21:32] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:32] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑱)+3]: 21
[21:32] <DM_ToA> 1d8
[21:32] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(⑧)]: 8
[21:32] <DM_ToA> The arrow plants itself fast into the dinosaur's thigh.
[21:33] * @Stolanosaur roars.
[21:33] * @Stolanosaur grins evilly now that he knows where the arrow came from.
[21:34] <DM_ToA> (Miri-Xanthos)
[21:35] <Miri> Xanthos will look to see if he can find out where the arches came from.
[21:35] <Miri> 1d20+1
[21:35] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑲)+1]: 20
[21:37] <Miri> “over here!” Xanthos points to the flash he saw as he begins moving that way.
[21:37] <Miri> (grey area a house?)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (a building)
[21:37] * @Stolanosaur lets out a vicious snort through his nostrils.
[21:37] <Miri> (so it has to be walked around ok)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> Xanthos points to a building right ahead.
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (Miri)
[21:38] * Miri will help make sure Ash gets out of the water and then move towards the threat.
[21:39] <DM_ToA> (ok – you pull Ash out of the water like a landed trout)
[21:39] <Ash> “Uh thanks.”
[21:39] <Miri> (that's my turn)
[21:39] <Miri> “Next time remind me to give you one end of a rope.”
[21:40] <DM_ToA> (terres)
[21:40] * Terres peeks again trying to see where Xanthos is pointing at people shooting them
[21:40] <DM_ToA> (Behind a building)
[21:41] * Terres prepares to unleash an Eldritch blast(holding action until someone tries to shoot another arrow)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[21:42] * Ash heads for cover behind one of the buildings.
[21:42] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (taking any other action?)
[21:43] <Ash> (nope)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[21:44] * @Stolanosaur advances to attack.
[21:45] <@Stolanosaur> (I still have 30 more ft. which direction did he point?)
[21:45] <@Stolanosaur> (left or right?)
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (left – where the 'BoN' is)
[21:46] <@Stolanosaur> (is it up on a roof?)
[21:46] <DM_ToA> (No)
[21:46] <@Stolanosaur> 1d20+7 claw
[21:46] <TolBot> [Stolanosaur's 1d20(⑱)+7 'claw']: 25
[21:47] <DM_ToA> You see the tabaxi snarl before you rip through it's armor…
[21:47] <DM_ToA> (roll damage)
[21:47] <@Stolanosaur> 1d8+5 damage and prone save DC13 STR
[21:47] <TolBot> [Stolanosaur's 1d8(①)+5 'damage and prone save DC13 STR']: 6
[21:47] <@Stolanosaur> (from the pounce special ability)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 13
[21:48] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑭) 'DC 13']: 14
[21:48] <@Stolanosaur> (boo)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> (Hahahahahaaa!)
[21:48] <@Stolanosaur> ( :P )
[21:48] <Terres> (did Stol flush him out into blast line of sight?)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> The strike slams it against a wall, but it regains it's footing when it hits the ground.
[21:48] <DM_ToA> (nope)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> (Round 3)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> An arrow to the face for Stol…
[21:49] * @Stolanosaur roars out his position.
[21:49] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:49] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑫)+3]: 15
[21:49] <@Stolanosaur> (hit)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> 1d8
[21:49] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(①)]: 1
[21:49] <DM_ToA> (Bah)
[21:50] <DM_ToA> The arrow bounces off a tooth as you roar and sticks to the roof of your mouth.
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (Disengage)
[21:50] <@Stolanosaur> (He has disadvantage on a range attack when adjacent, right?)
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (let me look)
[21:50] <Miri> (yes)
[21:51] <Miri> (i know cause i got dinged with that yesterday in my other game lol)
[21:51] <@Stolanosaur> (i’m not quibbling over 1hp, just that’s how 5e handles it. maybe he has a special ability)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (you're right – let me take that arrow out of…your…mouth….)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:51] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑪)+3]: 14
[21:52] <@Stolanosaur> (and put it back it)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> (still hits – I'll just put it back, then)
[21:52] <Miri> (lol)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> While momentarily distracted…
[21:52] <Terres> (highly unhygienic this whole arrow business)
[21:53] <DM_ToA> (Xanthos-Miri)
[21:53] <Miri> (so the BoN disapeared?)
[21:53] <DM_ToA> Xanthos can't see)
[21:54] <Miri> Xanthos will move towards Stolanosaur and look for something to hit.
[21:54] <Miri> 1d20+1
[21:54] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑳)+1]: 21 (Marvelous)
[21:57] <Terres> (didnt we already fight one of those Taxi guys a while back)
[21:57] <Miri> “He's running around the side of the building!”
[21:57] <Miri> (and that's Xanthos' turn)
[21:58] <DM_ToA> (Miri)
[21:58] <Miri> (would miri haveh eard xanthos?)
[21:58] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[21:58] <Terres> (i still dont see this thing running around?)
[21:58] <DM_ToA> (Roll perception)
[21:59] <Terres> 1d20+3 perc
[21:59] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑯)+3 'perc']: 19
[21:59] * Miri will run back around the building to see if she can run into this thing.
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (actually, roll with advantage, because Xan yelled a posiiotn)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (position)
[22:00] <Terres> (me?)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:00] <Terres> 1d20+3
[22:00] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑬)+3]: 16
[22:00] <Terres> (19 it is)
[22:01] <Terres> (if i see him i will pop my held action)
[22:01] <Miri> (and if miri can she will rage and then take two swipes at the thing, reckless)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (even with the direction [which building? there's 3], you don't see what Xanthos is yelling about. Maybe he's dangerously sober?)
[22:01] <@Stolanosaur> (where did the guy beside me go?)
[22:02] <Terres> (i dont see him with a 19? sneaky bugger)
[22:03] <DM_ToA> (when this is over, I'll c-n-p his stat block…you'll see why)
[22:03] <Miri> (do i get my attacks or do i just get there and that's it?)
[22:03] <DM_ToA> (attack)
[22:04] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv
[22:04] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(17, 4)+6 'adv']: 23
[22:04] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv
[22:04] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(6, 14)+6 'adv']: 20
[22:04] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[22:04] <Miri> 4d6+10
[22:04] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(⚅⚃⚂⚃)+10]: 27
[22:04] <Miri> (haven't lit my sword yet, so 27 total for both hits)
[22:05] <DM_ToA> Miri snarls and swings her blade hard – just in time for a tabaxi pop up and take both shots in the chest.
[22:05] <Terres> (thats good, i want his fur to make a cloak out off!)
[22:06] <Terres> (no one makes me bleed my own blood)
[22:08] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[22:08] * Terres makes his way towards where he hear Miri has engaged something
[22:08] <DM_ToA> Roll for Eldritch Blast
[22:08] <DM_ToA> (nm)
[22:09] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[22:09] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(①)+7]: 8 (Sorry.)
[22:09] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑲)+7]: 26
[22:09] <DM_ToA> (roll dam)
[22:09] <Terres> 1d10+2
[22:09] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(⑩)+2]: 12
[22:11] <DM_ToA> The old looking tabaxi reels back from the blow. Scrambling to a kneeling position, he drops the bow and raises his hands: “Alto! Alto, por favor!”
[22:11] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[22:11] * Ash goes around to the side where he hears Miri and sees the Tabaxi.
[22:11] <Terres> “You shot me and now you want truce!”
[22:12] <Ash> (end action)
[22:12] <Ash> “Is this the one taking shots at us?”
[22:12] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> “I speak Common!”
[22:13] <@Stolanosaur> (Are there any other mobs/attacks from other directions or just this one?)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> (just this one, you think)
[22:13] <Ash> “And you attacked us why?”
[22:14] * @Stolanosaur holds his attack ready to attack anything that attacks us.
[22:14] <DM_ToA> “You come here for glory and treasure! You try to take the Navel of the Moon! I need it more than you! More than your glory!”
[22:14] <DM_ToA> “I make peace. come to my home, be my guest. Eat of my food and take my drink.”
[22:15] <Terres> “Navel of the moon? what is he talking about?”
[22:15] <DM_ToA> The old tabaxi keeps his hands up, but the rest of his body sinks down in a weariness that is both physical and emotional. “Give this old man one good day.”
[22:16] <Miri> 1d20+2
[22:16] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑩)+2]: 12
[22:16] <Ash> “Glory and treasure? That's why you think we are here?”
[22:16] * Ash groans
[22:16] <Ash> “We are here because an evil artifact is stealing the life-force of people”
[22:17] <DM_ToA> “Is that why anyone here?”
[22:17] <Terres> “Well if we do run accross some treasure i am not leaving it to rot in this place!”
[22:17] * Ash gives Terres a sideways 'Your not helping' glance.
[22:17] <Terres> “No, we are searching for a soulmonger, it threatens lives all across the realm!”
[22:17] <DM_ToA> “I am Bag of Nails, and if you help me – i will help you.”
[22:17] <Miri> Xanthos comes trotting up. “did he say navel of the moon?”
[22:18] <Terres> (it almost killed Jim darkmagic)
[22:18] <Miri> (dude, spoilers, i'm not caught up on that yet )
[22:19] <DM_ToA> “Navel of the Moon! Yes! I need it to save my son!”
[22:19] <DM_ToA> “Please – let us go to my house. You will be guests.”
[22:19] * Terres looks at Xanthos “What is he talking about?”
[22:19] <DM_ToA> He rocks slowly, motioning that he wants to stand.
[22:20] <Miri> Xanthos: “i've heard it's supposed to be valuable, and possibly magical.” He turns to the man. “why do you need it to save your son?”
[22:20] * Terres pulls the arrowtip from his side “This belongs to you”
[22:20] <Miri> “Get up man, we have a truce….for now.” speaks now that she's no longer raging.
[22:20] <DM_ToA> “It will show me where my son is.”
[22:21] <Miri> “What happened to your son?”
[22:21] <DM_ToA> “Even if…no…I will find it, and I will have my son before I close my eyes.”
[22:21] <Terres> (ok didnt we fight one of his kind before and let it go too)
[22:21] <DM_ToA> The tabaxi takes the offered arrowhead and put it in a pouch.
[22:22] <Terres> (can i insight this guy, is he luring us into a trap?)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (sure, you can try)
[22:22] <Terres> 1d20+3 insight
[22:22] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑫)+3 'insight']: 15
[22:24] * Terres leans over to Ash and whispers
[22:24] <Terres> “I dont trust this guy”
[22:24] * Miri will light her sword at Terres' words.
[22:25] <DM_ToA> The tabaxi snarls and lowers his hands.
[22:25] <Terres> (lol i whispered it to Ash he is the leader by default here)
[22:25] <DM_ToA> (Stol, if you want to attack, here's your chance)
[22:26] <Ash> “So don't trust him.”
[22:26] * Ash whispers back
[22:26] <Miri> (ooh, lol oops, i take back my sword lighting then)
[22:26] <@Stolanosaur> (has he attacked?
[22:26] <DM_ToA> (Sorry – this thing has a mind of it's own. ha-ha.)
[22:26] <DM_ToA> (He's taking an aggressive stance)
[22:27] <Terres> “If we kill you , you will never find your son!”
[22:27] * @Stolanosaur moves up beside the thing and snarls, drooling on the tabaxi.
[22:27] <Ash> “Sometimes I don't understand why people in this world doesn't resort to words before actions”
[22:27] <DM_ToA> “THE NAVEL OF THE MOON IS MINE TO FIND!”
[22:28] <Ash> “And how will it help your son?”
[22:28] <DM_ToA> “It is a piece of the moon that sees all. It will see my son…and I will not let you theiving, lying outsiders steal it from me!”
[22:29] <DM_ToA> “I offer you my home as guests and you have no decency!”
[22:29] <Ash> “You are quick to pass judgement, particularly after attacking us first.”
[22:29] * @Stolanosaur snarls.
[22:29] <Ash> “You offered your arrows in our bodies first.”
[22:30] * Miri puts her blade to the man's throat, holding it there.
[22:30] <Terres> “We dont care for this moon piece, we are looking for cupes so we can enter the tmple and find the soulmonger”
[22:30] <DM_ToA> Bag of Nails tries to slap the blade aside
[22:31] <DM_ToA> (contested strength roll)
[22:31] <Miri> 1d20+3
[22:31] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑱)+3]: 21
[22:31] <DM_ToA> 1d20
[22:31] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑩)]: 10
[22:32] <DM_ToA> (yeah, that worked out)
[22:32] <Terres> (meant to say cubes)
[22:32] <DM_ToA> Bag of Nails tries to smack the blade, but Miri's hand strength is too much for the old tabaxi.
[22:33] * Miri growls “would you prefer me to hold it elsewhere on your….person?”
[22:33] <Miri> (brb dad needs help)
[22:35] <DM_ToA> Bag of Nails growls – a deep sound – from his chest.
[22:35] <Miri> (back)
[22:36] <Ash> “All this huffing and puffing is not going to help your son. Let's all calm down and you can tell us about this moon stone and maybe we can help each other.”
[22:38] <DM_ToA> Ash – roll Persuasion)
[22:38] <Terres> ( so this moon stone is definitely not one of our cuubes right?)
[22:38] <DM_ToA> (nope)
[22:39] <Ash> 1d20+6
[22:39] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(③)+6]: 9
[22:39] <Terres> “If you help us find more of those shrine cubes, we could help you find the stone”
[22:39] <DM_ToA> Bag of Nails glares at Ash
[22:39] <Miri> (how many shrine cubes do we have so far and who has them?)
[22:40] <Terres> (2 if i am not mistaken and i vote Ash has them)
[22:40] <Ash> (I agree on 2, but I don't know who has them.)
[22:40] <DM_ToA> Bag of Nails turns his attention back to Terres “You bargain with my son's life? What if you die? What if you get what you want and leave me here?”
[22:41] <DM_ToA> (You have two…I think Terres has one and Dylan has the other)
[22:41] * @Stolanosaur snarls like his dinopatience is running thin.
[22:41] <Terres> “Then you would be no worse off than before”
[22:41] <@Stolanosaur> (intimidation)
[22:41] <@Stolanosaur> 1d20
[22:41] <TolBot> [Stolanosaur's 1d20(⑫)]: 12
[22:41] <DM_ToA> (go for it)
[22:42] <Miri> (*makes note* thanks)
[22:42] <DM_ToA> 1d20
[22:42] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑬)]: 13
[22:42] <@Stolanosaur> (+1. It’s up to the DM to add anything to that given that i’m shifted into a large dinosaur)
[22:43] <DM_ToA> Bag of Nails looks back at you. He's not afraid…but he looks uncertain at you…like he's trying to suss out if you're a threat.
[22:43] <DM_ToA> “I am tired of this nonsense, and I am going home. My offer still stands – eat, drink and rest under my roof as my guests.”
[22:44] <DM_ToA> Bag of Nails turns and begins walking to a dilapidated section of the city.
[22:44] <Ash> “We will accompany you for now. Perhaps we can learn more from each other.”
[22:45] * Terres mutters to himself “That one is a few bananas short of a bunch!”
[22:45] * Miri lowers her sword and waits to follow if that's what they all are doing.
[22:46] * Terres follows Ash favoring his wounded side
[22:47] <DM_ToA> As the motley group of men and women, tabaxi, dwarf and dinosaur walk towards a crumbling building, this episode of “Tomb of Annihilation” comes to an end.

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_26_-_10-14-2018.txt · Last modified: 2018/10/29 00:22 by ryubasteon