Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_25_-_9-30-2018

[19:38] <DM_ToA> When we last left our group – shattering stone doors and escaping death at every turn, our explorers continue to gain the puzzle cubes. Now, trapped in a gladiator pit about to face armed unknown horrors – the foreigners steel themselves. What will the strange gods decree? Death? Life? Some hellish amalgam of the two? Come find out as the combat and this episode begins!
[19:39] <Ash> She has a laptop that I got her, she's just afraid of you all, because you're all psycho and nuts… and Ryu's wife is scary.
[19:39] <DM_ToA> I'll run and tell Nancy that she's the normal on in the wife's auxillary.
[19:39] <Ash> (Ok I may have made that last part up, she calls Miki the “Cool Ninja Wife”)
[19:42] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Haha, her screen name on alot of things is “NinjaNurse”)
[19:41] <DM_ToA> (anyone need a map of the area?)
[19:42] <Ash> (She also says “besides this chat room is so old school I don't know if I'd know how to work it”)
[19:42] <Terres> (i got the 9 shrines map or are you talking somethign else)
[19:42] <Terres> (its just like texting just real time)
[19:42] <DM_ToA> (No, that's fine)
[19:43] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[19:44] <Ash> (Welcome, just starting)
[19:44] <Ash> (You're just in time to die.)
[19:44] <Terres> (roll for death save)
[19:44] <Dylan> ( are we missing like 3 people?)
[19:44] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[19:46] <DM_ToA> Miri steps on the trigger plate, muttering under her breath. In a flash of blue powder Miri Stolanimus and Kayalia all disappear.
[19:47] <DM_ToA> In the recesses of the pit, you hear the impatient clicking of some mechanism…followed by heavy footsteps.
[19:48] * PK (Overlord@sorcery-6c7og2.cpe.metrocast.net) has joined #grovewood
[19:48] <PK> (I'm here because somebody is going to die!)
[19:48] <DM_ToA> (I'm helping!)
[19:49] * Tolman (Tol@sorcery-ei0la5.dyn.grandenetworks.net) has joined #grovewood
[19:49] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tolman
[19:49] * TolBot (TolBot@sorcery-ei0la5.dyn.grandenetworks.net) has joined #grovewood
[19:49] <TolBot> hello
[19:49] * PK (Overlord@sorcery-6c7og2.cpe.metrocast.net) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[19:49] <@Tolman> and… hello
[19:49] <Dylan> (hi)
[19:49] <Terres> (hi)
[19:49] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus reappears, looking slightly dazed.
[19:50] <DM_ToA> (hey)
[19:50] * Terres looks around for what is making the clicking sounds
[19:51] <DM_ToA> The clicking is coming from down the hall – also the source of the thuds, which are getting closer.
[19:52] * Dylan waits
[19:52] <@Tolman> (ack, game has started? oops. sorry)
[19:52] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[19:52] <DM_ToA> (No problem)
[19:52] * Terres casts Shillelagh on his staff in preparation
[19:55] * Xanthos_Beardhand prepares himself for combat
[19:53] <Stolanimus> (note, I turned into a huge constrictor when we fought the pond monster… have 3 hours passed yet?)
[19:53] <DM_ToA> Out of the gloom of the tunnel steps a clay statue. In one hand it clutches a spear. The other arm holds a small shield. It says something, beating the spear on the shield like a challenge.
[19:54] <DM_ToA> (Not yet)
[19:54] <Terres> “Oh thats not good!”
[19:54] * Ash who is at the entrance to this place calls out…
[19:54] <Ash> “What's all that racket?”
[19:56] <DM_ToA> The statue – barely human-shaped – steps foward, then crouches in a ready stance.
[19:56] <Terres> “Its apparently a walking statue, and it dont look likes its here to talk”
[19:56] <DM_ToA> (Initiative, suckers!)
[19:56] <Dylan> “Didn't something say something about fighting with honor?”
[19:56] <Stolanimus> -init rolls pz
[19:56] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[19:57] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[19:57] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑮)+1 'init']: 16
[19:59] * Xanthos_Beardhand glares at the statue
[19:57] <Ash> 1d20
[19:57] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑳)]: 20 (You da man.)
[19:57] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[19:57] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑤)+2]: 7
[20:00] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20
[19:57] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑳)]: 20 (Yahoo!)
[19:57] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[19:57] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑱)+2]: 20
[19:57] <Dylan> 1d20+3 init
[19:57] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑭)+3 'init']: 17
[19:57] <Stolanimus> -init report
[19:57] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Stolanimus 20, Ash 20, Xanthos_Beardhand, 20, Dylan 17, Terres 16, <DM_ToA, 7
[19:58] <Stolanimus> (ok, those are awesome rolls)
[19:58] <Terres> (look at us wasting all those nice and juicy rolls)
[19:58] <DM_ToA> (Let the Critial Misses commence!)
[19:58] <Stolanimus> (see how easy the auto init tracker is, Harl?)
[19:58] <DM_ToA> (I've got one here.)
[19:59] * Dylan eyes this creature
[19:59] <Dylan> “Strange”
[19:59] <DM_ToA> (Stol Ash and Xanthos – decide what you're going to do)
[19:59] * Ash holds action, as he sees nothing going on yet.
[20:00] * Dylan is going to hold action too
[20:00] <Stolanimus> (Prepares to attack if it starts to come at us aggressively)
[20:00] <Stolanimus> (ie. hold for that trigger)
[20:03] * Xanthos_Beardhand looks at the statue, glares, and yells, “FOR VENGENCE,” and charges in, blade first.
[20:00] <DM_ToA> (Yes! Roll)
[20:03] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[20:00] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑥)+7]: 13
[20:03] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (I do get 2 attacks :) )
[20:01] <Dylan> (do we have a battlegrid?)
[20:01] <DM_ToA> Xanthos roars and swings wildly, misjudging the first swing.
[20:04] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 #2
[20:01] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(③)+7 '#2']: 10
[20:04] <Xanthos_Beardhand> ( :\ I'm paying for that Nat20 lol)
[20:01] <DM_ToA> The return swing is just as wild.
[20:02] <Terres> (is everyone else holding until it attacks us?)
[20:02] <Stolanimus> ( http://bit.ly/battlegrid )
[20:02] <Dylan> (on my turn i'm going to cast a spell)
[20:02] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[20:03] * Dylan eyes the creature as he mutters a prayer
[20:04] <DM_ToA> The air vibrates around his weapon, making the appearance of quivering with anticipation.
[20:04] <DM_ToA> (swing when you're ready)
[20:05] <Dylan> (not this round)
[20:05] <Dylan> (IC I wanna see what happens)
[20:05] * Terres casts Frostbite on the Golem (DC 14 Con save)
[20:06] <Terres> 2d6
[20:06] <TolBot> Terres's 2d6(⚁⚅)]: 8
[20:08] <DM_ToA> 1d20+6
[20:08] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(③)+6]: 9
[20:08] <DM_ToA> (fails)
[20:08] <Terres> (thats 8 dmg and next attack is disadvantage)
[20:09] <DM_ToA> Terres breathes a word of power. Frost springs up on the limbs of the statue, crackling and slowing it down.
[20:10] <DM_ToA> The statue swings the spear around to bash the dwarf into the wall…
[20:10] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:10] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑦)+4]: 11
[20:10] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[20:10] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(②)+4]: 6
[20:10] <DM_ToA> The spear sails effortlessly over the dwarf's head.
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (top of the order…)
[20:11] <Stolanimus> (wait…)
[20:11] <Dylan> (resetting wifi brb)
[20:12] <Stolanimus> (if the statue attacked, then I attacked.)
[20:12] <Stolanimus> (still in round 1)
[20:12] <DM_ToA> (oh, that's right – everyone else gang up on it.)
[20:12] * Stolanimus makes a constricting attack.
[20:12] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7
[20:12] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑫)+7]: 19
[20:13] <DM_ToA> (hits)
[20:13] <Stolanimus> 2d8+5 (and statue is grappled/restrained)
[20:13] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d8(④①)+5 ' (and statue is grappled/restrained)']: 10
[20:13] <Stolanimus> (bludgeoning damage)
[20:14] <Terres> (does the spear its holding look like it would fit in the statues above us?)
[20:14] * DylanAFK (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:14] * DylanAFK is now known as Dylan_
[20:14] <Dylan_> (what did i miss?)
[20:14] <DM_ToA> Striking in a blur – Stolanimus wraps around the midrift of the clay statue. Flakes of frost and fire hardened dirt fall off under the pressure of the snake's muscles.
[20:14] <DM_ToA> (Stol is constricting)
[20:15] <Terres> (just Tol doing his snake thing to the statue)
[20:15] <Dylan_> (does constricting give advantage?)
[20:15] <Stolanimus> (yes)
[20:15] <Stolanimus> -rule restrained
[20:15] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[20:16] <Stolanimus> (grants advantage to attacks against, and it has disadv on attacks and Dex checks)
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (anyone else attacking?)
[20:18] <Dylan_> (on my turn yes)
[20:18] <DM_ToA> (no one using a held action?)
[20:18] <Dylan_> “Justice has come for your acts against Xanthos's companions”
[20:18] <Stolanimus> (someone else held a trigger too, i thought)
[20:18] <DM_ToA> (ash?)
[20:18] <Terres> Ash i think)
[20:18] <Ash> (nope)
[20:18] <DM_ToA> (ok – round 2)
[20:19] <Ash> (I'm holding, as I'm in the entrance and that thing is in the pit)
[20:19] <Stolanimus> (ash didn’t give a trigger)
[20:19] * Dylan_ says to the creature
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (Xanthos?)
[20:19] <Stolanimus> (You can’t just hold an action in general and use it anytime, you must state what trigger is)
[20:22] * Xanthos_Beardhand growls and attacks again
[20:22] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 adv
[20:19] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(3, 20)+7 'adv']: 27 (Sweet!)
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (Nice)
[20:19] * Stolanimus holds his action until the stature tries to break the grapple.
[20:22] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (hit 2)
[20:22] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 adv
[20:19] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(18, 14)+7 'adv']: 25
[20:19] <Terres> (so starting round 2 or did Dylan mean to do anything?)
[20:22] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (so both hits)
[20:23] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4 crit
[20:20] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's critical damage: 4d6(⚃⚅⚀⚄)+4 'crit']: 20
[20:23] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[20:20] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚅⚄)+4]: 15
[20:20] <DM_ToA> Xanthos swings again – his firs blow widening a fracture in the chest, and the second breaking a chunk off on the thigh.
[20:20] * Ash advances to peer down the pit.
[20:21] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[20:21] * Dylan_ strikes the creature twice with his sword
[20:22] <Dylan_> 1d20+9 adv
[20:22] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(12, 5)+9 'adv']: 21
[20:22] <Dylan_> 1d20+9 adv
[20:22] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(15, 8)+9 'adv']: 24
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[20:22] <Dylan_> 6d6+12
[20:22] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 6d6(⚄⚄⚀⚂⚂⚄)+12]: 34
[20:22] <Terres> (+9 gees)
[20:23] <DM_ToA> Another pair of mighty blows drive cracks across the chest and sides – miraculously *not* shaking the constrcitor.
[20:23] <Dylan_> (str check or it gets knocked back 10 feet)
[20:24] <Terres> (someoe has been doing the steroid chalange yesterday)
[20:24] <DM_ToA> 1d20+7
[20:24] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑥)+7]: 13
[20:25] <DM_ToA> (what's the diff?)
[20:25] <Terres> (DC?)
[20:25] <Dylan_> (lly, if the target is a creature, it must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pushed 10 feet away from you and knocked prone.)
[20:26] <DM_ToA> (This is from the spell?)
[20:26] <Stolanimus> (be curious how that should work since it’s grappled by a huge creature)
[20:26] <Dylan_> (yea)
[20:26] <Dylan_> (i have no clue, i'm just reading this off dndbeyond)
[20:26] <Dylan_> (attack/save 13)
[20:26] <Dylan_> (found it)
[20:27] <Terres> (so the statue makes the DC)
[20:28] <DM_ToA> (Would Stol need to save, since he's on the staute?)
[20:28] <Dylan_> (no i think its just the creature being struck)
[20:28] <Stolanimus> (can’t be, since not the target. this is a conundrum. you’ll have to rule whatever you want)
[20:29] <Terres> (hmm stoll just adds additional mass agains the pushback i would assume since he is hugging the statue aggresively)
[20:29] <DM_ToA> Dylan's second blow rings with a peal of thunder. The creature stumbles against a wall. Stol-aconda's teeth rattle in his skull for a second, but he manages to hold on.
[20:30] <DM_ToA> (Stol – doing anything?)
[20:30] <DM_ToA> Terres you're up)
[20:30] * Terres ponts a finger at the Golem and utters the word of power casting Eldritch blast at it
[20:31] <Stolanimus> (The push or knockback is optional for the attacker, so the logical thing is just that you don’t engage that effect. It would be to your disadvantage to do so, Dylan)
[20:31] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[20:31] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑧)+7]: 15
[20:31] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑲)+7]: 26
[20:31] <Stolanimus> (I am first in the init order, and already stated my action)
[20:31] * Stolanimus holds his action until the stature tries to break the grapple.
[20:31] <Terres> (thats two beams)
[20:32] <Stolanimus> (holding your action for a trigger doesn’t make you change your place in the init order the next round)
[20:32] <DM_ToA> (one hits)
[20:32] <Terres> 1d20+2
[20:32] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(④)+2]: 6
[20:32] <Terres> (oh do spell attacks get advantage for constricted or just melee)
[20:32] <DM_ToA> (just melee)
[20:33] <DM_ToA> (one hit, so roll damage)
[20:33] <Stolanimus> (just says attacks)
[20:33] <Terres> (i rolled a total 6 dmg)
[20:34] <Terres> (bah its 1d0)
[20:34] <Terres> 1d10+2
[20:34] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(④)+2]: 6
[20:34] <Stolanimus> (Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature's attack rolls have disadvantage)
[20:34] <Terres> (6 it is)
[20:34] <DM_ToA> One beam arcs high, chipping hte wall. The second strikes the statue in the shoulder.
[20:34] <Stolanimus> (that’s the desc for ‘restrained’ condition. Doesn’t stipulate melee only)
[20:35] <DM_ToA> The statue tries to attack the dwarf again.
[20:35] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4 disadv
[20:35] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(15, 1)+4 'disadv']: 5 (That stinks.)
[20:36] <DM_ToA> The spear dips down, bouncing off the stone and not even coming close to the dwarf.
[20:36] <DM_ToA> The clay statue tries to flex and rip the snake off…
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (Ath check)
[20:37] <DM_ToA> (Stol, you wanted to do something before it tries to break you like a counterfiet Louis Vutton handbag?)
[20:38] <Stolanimus> (It already attacked. It can’t also do an “escape” action which takes an action.)
[20:38] <Stolanimus> (the DC is 16, btw)
[20:38] <Stolanimus> (And I won’t trigger until it breaks the grapple.)
[20:39] <Stolanimus> (or tries at least… it’s the trigger, not an interrupt)
[20:39] <DM_ToA> (Ah – ok, I see that)
[20:40] <Stolanimus> (even if a creature can take two attacks in an action… it still only has one “action”. Escape from grapple is an action)
[20:40] <Stolanimus> (You can change and pretend the attack didn’t happen, and roll to escape)
[20:40] <DM_ToA> (Nah – gotta live wit that decision)
[20:40] <Stolanimus> (we’re all still just learnin’)
[20:40] <DM_ToA> (Round 3)
[20:41] <Ash> (Any injuries?)
[20:41] * Stolanimus holds his action until the stature tries to break the grapple.
[20:44] * Xanthos_Beardhand growls and continues his assault
[20:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 adv
[20:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(6, 12)+7 'adv']: 19
[20:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 adv
[20:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(7, 12)+7 'adv']: 19
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (If snakes had fingers, I see Stol drumming his fingers out of sheer boredom)
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (Two hits, Xanthos)
[20:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[20:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚂⚅)+4]: 13
[20:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[20:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚂⚁)+4]: 9
[20:42] * Ash launches a sacred flame at the statue to help out. (DC 13 Dex save)
[20:43] <DM_ToA> Xantho's first hit strikes at the neck, driving off a chunk. The second one follows the arc of the first one, taking the head off completely. The clay man falls forward, dropping the spear with a clatter.
[20:43] <DM_ToA> The clay collapses into dust, blowing back down the hallway. A mechanism clicks rapidly, followed by a thud.
[20:46] * Xanthos_Beardhand huffs at the statue, “Bastahd!”
[20:44] * Terres grabs the spear and tries to pass it up through the grate to Ash
[20:44] * Ash grabs the spear.
[20:44] <Terres> “Can you see if this fits in the hand of the statues above?”
[20:44] <Ash> “What do I do with… on it.”
[20:44] * Ash tries to put it in a statue's hand.
[20:45] <Terres> “Do we need 3 more?”
[20:45] <DM_ToA> The handle of the spear fits nicely in the open hand. It slides down with a rattle.
[20:45] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[20:45] <Ash> “It worked/
[20:46] <Terres> “Now we need to find the other three.”
[20:46] * Terres takes a look down the coridor where the statue came from looking for more
[20:47] <DM_ToA> (You have an idea where they are…getting them is a different story)
[20:47] <Ash> “My guess is that won't take long to find them.”
[20:47] <Terres> “Maybe we need to trigger the trap again”
[20:52] * Xanthos_Beardhand looks around in the pit
[20:49] <Ash> “Follow where the dust went.”
[20:51] <DM_ToA> (There the doorway where the clay thing came out, that's where the dust went)
[20:54] * Xanthos_Beardhand goes through the door
[20:51] * Terres Follows Xanthos few feet behind
[20:51] * Dylan_ follows Xanthos
[20:52] * Stolanimus coils up into a ball and rests a moment from the strain.
[20:53] <DM_ToA> As you walk down the hallway, on your right you see what look like prison cells. Inside of three of them, there are clay figures similar to the one you just fought, standing at attention. The one in the back has a pile of dust that stirs like someone is moving it with a brush.
[20:57] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Hmm, so as they're destroyed they return to reform…“
[20:56] <Terres> “See any spears up there?”
[20:56] <DM_ToA> (Each one holds a spear and shield)
[20:56] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[20:59] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Yes… along with more statues”
[20:57] <Terres> “We just need the spears, the statues can stay here”
[20:58] <Dylan_> “Are we going to have to fight them all?”
[20:59] <Ash> “Can you just take the spears?”
[21:00] <DM_ToA> (You can't reach them)
[21:02] <Terres> (how much the the spear weigh when i passed it to Ash?)
[21:03] <Dylan_> (are the prison cells locked?)
[21:03] <Dylan_> (are there bars?)
[21:04] * Terres casts Mage Hand and sends it to try and lift up a spear out of the statues hand
[21:04] <DM_ToA> (3 lbs)
[21:04] <DM_ToA> (there are bars, you don't see a lock)
[21:04] <Terres> (mage hand can do 10lbs if its not attached to the hand)
[21:05] <DM_ToA> (The spear doesn't budge)
[21:05] <Terres> “Well i tried”
[21:08] * Xanthos_Beardhand tries to open the cell next to the dusted one
[21:05] <Ash> (Afk a moment)
[21:06] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:06] <DM_ToA> The bars don't move.
[21:06] <Terres> (whats happening to the dust of the 1st statue?)
[21:10] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (is its cell open?)
[21:08] <DM_ToA> The dust is now organizing… stacking on top of itself, forming legs…knees…hips…
[21:08] <DM_ToA> All the cells are closed.
[21:09] * Dylan_ looks around the room for other triggers
[21:09] <DM_ToA> You don't see any more.
[21:09] <Dylan_> 1d20+2 perception
[21:09] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑤)+2 'perception']: 7
[21:12] * Xanthos_Beardhand looks at all of the statues looking to see if any of them have unique features
[21:09] <Dylan_> (k)
[21:09] <Dylan_> “Soo…?”
[21:09] <DM_ToA> Xanthos – they barely have human features.
[21:09] <Dylan_> “Maybe upstairs?”
[21:13] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (mainly just trying to see if they have unique features that could match any of the ones upstairs)
[21:10] <Terres> “Well we can try to step on the trap trigger in the room again”
[21:10] * Dylan_ goes back to where they fought the first one and looks at the trigger they first used
[21:10] * Stolanimus peeks inside.
[21:10] <DM_ToA> The trigger has reset, and awaits to be used.
[21:10] <Dylan_> “This trigger is reset” Dylan calls
[21:11] <Dylan_> “Should i push it again?”
[21:14] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Good,” he heads back to the pit and gets his blade ready again all while grinning madly
[21:11] <Terres> Xanthos is between me and the status…. might as well”
[21:11] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus – you look in the cell and it's cold. The statue is room temperature.
[21:13] <Ash> (back)
[21:13] <DM_ToA> (is someone stepping on the trigger?)
[21:13] <Terres> “Lets get ready… Trigger it!”
[21:14] <Stolanimus> (i was more thinking I’m peeking into the room our group is in. being mindful of my limiting size)
[21:14] <Stolanimus> (afk 10)
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:16] * Dylan_ pushes it
[21:17] <DM_ToA> The triggers clicks again…and the mechanism starts up with a ratcheting sound. The second to the back cell opens up and another clay statue, similarly armed, comes jogging out into the pit.
[21:17] <DM_ToA> Xanthos and Dylan are in the pit?)
[21:18] <Dylan_> (i am where the trigger is)
[21:18] <Terres> ( i was next to Dylan)
[21:19] <DM_ToA> The statue stops, says something and beats his spear against his shield in a rhythm – like some sort of challenge. When it stops, it drops into a fighting stance.
[21:19] <DM_ToA> (init)
[21:19] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[21:19] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑳)+1 'init']: 21 (Oh, yeah)
[21:19] <Terres> (dammit)
[21:22] * Xanthos_Beardhand mimiks the stance minus the shield, slapping his blade against his bracer
[21:22] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20
[21:19] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑱)]: 18
[21:20] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[21:20] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑫)+2]: 14
[21:20] <Ash> 1d20
[21:20] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑩)]: 10
[21:20] <Dylan_> 1d20+3
[21:20] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑲)+3]: 22
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (Round one – Dylan)
[21:21] <Dylan_> (same map?)
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[21:22] * Dylan_ attacks the statue twice
[21:22] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[21:22] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑳)+9]: 29 (Magnificent.)
[21:22] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[21:22] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑨)+9]: 18
[21:22] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[21:22] <Dylan_> (is the first a crit?)
[21:22] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[21:22] <Dylan_> 1d20+9 crit
[21:22] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑭)+9 'crit']: 23
[21:22] <Dylan_> (er wait no)
[21:22] <Dylan_> 2d6+6 crit
[21:22] <TolBot> Dylan_'s critical damage: 4d6(⚄⚄⚅⚄)+6 'crit']: 27
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (!)
[21:23] <Dylan_> 2d6+6
[21:23] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(⚃⚂)+6]: 13
[21:24] <DM_ToA> Both blows stagger the golem, sending sharp shards of clay scattering everywhere.
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[21:25] * Terres puts up and amr with finger spraed and lifts it toward a golem casting Frostbite
[21:25] <Terres> 2d6
[21:25] <TolBot> Terres's 2d6(⚅⚃)]: 10
[21:25] <Terres> (dc14 Con save)
[21:26] <DM_ToA> 1d20+6 DC 14
[21:26] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑳)+6 'DC 14']: 26
[21:26] <Terres> (only 5 dmg )
[21:26] <DM_ToA> The rime advances on the creatures skin, but evapoarates before anything can take hold.
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (Xanthos)
[21:30] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[21:27] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑪)+7]: 18
[21:30] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[21:27] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑬)+7]: 20
[21:30] * Xanthos_Beardhand goes to town on the Statue
[21:27] <Stolanimus> (back)
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[21:30] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[21:30] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[21:27] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚂⚄)+4]: 12
[21:27] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚁⚃)+4]: 10
[21:28] * Stolanimus prepares for a constricting attack.
[21:28] <DM_ToA> Xanthos's battle-cry is muted by the ringing of his sword. A chunk of clay spirals out of hte pit.
[21:28] <DM_ToA> The gladiator looks from the dwarf to Terres…then lunges at Terres.
[21:29] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[21:29] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮)+4]: 19
[21:29] <Terres> (le ouch)
[21:29] <DM_ToA> 1d6+4
[21:29] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d6(⚂)+4]: 7
[21:30] <DM_ToA> The spear seems to jump of its own volition, slamming its point into Terres's side.
[21:30] * Terres as a reaction to the attack casts Hellish rebuke
[21:30] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[21:30] <Terres> 4d10
[21:30] <TolBot> Terres's 4d10(⑤③⑨④)]: 21
[21:30] <Ash> (waiting on reaction to resolve)
[21:30] <Terres> (Dex 14dc save)
[21:30] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 DC 14
[21:30] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(④)+5 'DC 14']: 9
[21:31] <DM_ToA> (nope)
[21:31] <Terres> (full 21 fire dmg unless resistant)
[21:31] <DM_ToA> Terres points his finger and says something…and flames blossom out and cover the golem for a second.
[21:32] * Ash lends aid from the pit above with a sacred flame. (DC 13 Dex)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> Clay hardens and cracks in various places.
[21:32] <Terres> (that was 7dmg to me?)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 DC 13
[21:32] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑧)+5 'DC 13']: 13
[21:32] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> The sacred flame erupts from above, but the golem staggers aside in the nick of time.
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (Stol – roll init for me, please)
[21:33] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[21:33] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑯)+2]: 18
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (you go at the same time as Xanthos)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (Round 2)
[21:34] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[21:34] * Dylan_ swings twice again
[21:34] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[21:34] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑱)+9]: 27
[21:34] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[21:34] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑯)+9]: 25
[21:34] <Dylan_> 2d6+6
[21:34] <DM_ToA> (Both hits)
[21:34] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(⚀⚅)+6]: 13
[21:34] <Dylan_> 2d6+6
[21:34] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(⚄⚃)+6]: 15
[21:34] <Stolanimus> ( a smart move would’ve been to hold attack until snake does. )
[21:35] <Terres> (no one accused us of being smart before)
[21:35] <Dylan_> (low wisdom)
[21:36] <DM_ToA> The first strike cuts through the thigh…the second smashes through the face. it shatters when it hits the ground. The spear falls on a lump of dust that was an arm a few seconds ago.
[21:36] <DM_ToA> The clicking of the mechanism continues again, with a grating boom capping it.
[21:39] * Xanthos_Beardhand hits his blade against his bracers some more, “Next!” he glares towards the statue-door.
[21:36] <DM_ToA> The spear is on the ground, wobbling back and forth.
[21:37] * Dylan_ lets someone else deal with the spear
[21:37] * Terres lifts the second spear up to Ahs
[21:37] <Terres> Ash too)
[21:37] * Ash takes the spear and finds a statue to put it in (preferably similiar looking)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> The spear haft slides into the opening with a small squeak. When it hits the ground…something in the air changes…like the winds before a thunderstorm.
[21:39] <Terres> (something magical?)
[21:39] <DM_ToA> (not entirely – it feels like a ward or a lock is being unwound)
[21:39] <Dylan_> “Trigger again?”
[21:40] <Ash> “It feels wrong up here.”
[21:40] <Terres> “No way but forward!”
[21:41] * Terres looks up at Ash “Mayb you should join us down there if something attacks you you might be on your own for a bit”
[21:42] * Dylan_ pushes the trigger again
[21:42] <Ash> “Seems safer up here. You're the one whose been hit.”
[21:42] <Terres> “Its but a flesh wound”
[21:43] * Terres looks at the coridor behind him considering moving up top then shakes his head
[21:43] <Ash> “I like my flesh attached.”
[21:43] <DM_ToA> The clicking…the thudding…the challenge…
[21:44] <Terres> (… the Frostbite)
[21:44] <DM_ToA> (the init)
[21:44] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[21:44] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑩)+2]: 12
[21:44] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[21:44] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑪)+2]: 13
[21:44] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[21:44] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑬)+1 'init']: 14
[21:45] <Terres> (come on 15)
[21:45] <Dylan_> 1d20+3
[21:45] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(④)+3]: 7
[21:48] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20
[21:45] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑧)]: 8
[21:45] <Terres> (almost had a straight flush)
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (Ash?)
[21:46] * Ash uses sacred flame again (DC 13 dex)
[21:46] <Ash> (oops)
[21:46] <Stolanimus> (lol)
[21:46] <Ash> 1d20
[21:46] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(④)]: 4
[21:46] <DM_ToA> (init – find out the order you set things on fire, you pyro.)
[21:46] <Ash> (Sorry distracted :P)
[21:47] <Ash> (Radiant fire!)
[21:47] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[21:47] * Terres casts Frostbite as soon as the Golem gets close
[21:47] <Terres> 2d6
[21:47] <TolBot> Terres's 2d6(⚅⚂)]: 9
[21:47] <Terres> (DC14 con)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> 1d20+6 DC 14
[21:48] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑯)+6 'DC 14']: 22
[21:48] * Stolanimus makes a constricting attack on the golem.
[21:48] <DM_ToA> The frost doesn't seem to get close to the clay.
[21:48] <Terres> (4 dmg)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> (roll Stol)
[21:48] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7
[21:48] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑫)+7]: 19
[21:48] <Stolanimus> 2d8+5
[21:48] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d8(⑤⑥)+5]: 16
[21:48] <Stolanimus> (it is grappled and restrained)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> The golem tries to flex and rip apart the serpent.
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (Ath check)
[21:50] <Stolanimus> (DC 16)
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (why DC 16?)
[21:51] <Stolanimus> (wait, are you telling me to make an Athl check?)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (no – the golem is making a check to get out of the hug of death)
[21:52] <Stolanimus> (the Constrictor attack description specifies target is grappled until makes an Escape check at DC16)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> (I'm making a note for myself)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> (Constrict. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 14). Until this grapple ends, the creature is restrained, and the snake can’t constrict another target.)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> (but you might have a different version than me – DC 16 is fine)
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 1d20+10 DC 16
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑨)+10 'DC 16']: 19
[21:53] <Stolanimus> (I’m a Giant Constrictor Snake)
[21:53] <Stolanimus> (you’re looking at Constrictor Snake)
[21:54] <DM_ToA> (ahh – I just have a generic constrictor snake)
[21:54] <DM_ToA> (you're roided out. I'm going to need you to pee in this cup when the adventure's over.)
[21:54] <Stolanimus> ( not even sure how snakes pee )
[21:55] <Terres> (sitting down ofcourse)
[21:55] <Stolanimus> ( LOL )
[21:56] <DM_ToA> The golem flexes his arms once…twice…the pain of holding the constriction against the force of the strain becomes too much…and Stol-anaconda falls to the ground.
[21:56] <DM_ToA> (Nancy just sighed when I read this to her. Good job, Terres Good job.)
[21:57] <DM_ToA> Xanthos – you're up)
[21:57] <Terres> (im just happy i didnt get psychic dmg for that one)
[22:00] * Xanthos_Beardhand grins and lays into the statue
[22:00] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[21:57] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(④)+7]: 11
[22:00] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[21:57] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑱)+7]: 25
[21:57] <DM_ToA> (one hit, one miss)
[22:00] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[21:57] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚁⚁)+4]: 8
[21:57] <DM_ToA> Xanthos tries to swing, but also avoids the falling snake/druid…one swing is wide, but the other catches the golem in the elbow.
[21:58] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[21:58] * Dylan_ swings twice
[21:58] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[21:58] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑲)+9]: 28
[21:59] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[21:59] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(③)+9]: 12
[21:59] <Dylan_> 2d6+6
[21:59] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(⚀⚀)+6]: 8
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (one hit one miss)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> Dylan thrusts his blade out, his first blow skitters across the shield. the riposte slashes the creature's thigh.
[22:00] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[22:00] * Ash once more uses is tried and true sacred flame (DC 13 Dex)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 DC 13
[22:01] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑩)+5 'DC 13']: 15
[22:01] <Ash> “Stop moving so much!”
[22:01] <DM_ToA> This one seems to be a little more on the ball as it hops aside as the flame comes down.
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (Round 2)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[22:02] * Terres casts eldritch blast at the golem and two beams streak toward it
[22:02] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[22:02] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(②)+7]: 9
[22:02] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑪)+7]: 18
[22:02] <DM_ToA> Another beam spirals away, the second strikes it in the chest
[22:03] <Terres> 1d10+2
[22:03] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(④)+2]: 6
[22:03] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[22:03] * Stolanimus makes constricting attack.
[22:04] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7
[22:04] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(②)+7]: 9
[22:04] <Stolanimus> (correction: Stol ATTEMPTS…)
[22:04] <DM_ToA> Your snake form is still sore from the flexing, the pain catches your breath and you lean back to try to deal with the soreness.
[22:05] <DM_ToA> the golem steps forward and tries to swat at the snake with its shield.
[22:05] <DM_ToA> 1d20+7
[22:05] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑥)+7]: 13
[22:05] <DM_ToA> (et tu, TolBot?)
[22:05] <Stolanimus> (My barkskin should’ve worn off by now, so AC is 12)
[22:06] <DM_ToA> (I appreciate your honesty. The snake might not…but I do)
[22:06] <Stolanimus> (barkskin lasts an hour, and it has to have been more than that)
[22:06] <DM_ToA> The shield swings and catches Stol-aconda square in the head.
[22:07] <DM_ToA> (You're Large sized?)
[22:07] <Stolanimus> (no. HUGE)
[22:07] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[22:07] <DM_ToA> 2d4+4
[22:07] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 2d4(⚃⚃)+4]: 12
[22:07] <Terres> (oh come on, thats like such a low hanging fruid for a joke)
[22:07] <Stolanimus> (lol)
[22:07] <DM_ToA> (I'm trying to take the high road on this one)
[22:08] <Stolanimus> (“No, huge (from what I’ve been told)” that better?)
[22:11] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (is that where all that smoke is coming from ;) )
[22:08] <Terres> (you have no idea how much self control it took not to respond with something like that)
[22:08] <Stolanimus> (lol)
[22:08] <DM_ToA> The snake's head whips back and forth from the blow. A smaller creature would have been slammed to the ground.
[22:09] <DM_ToA> (Xanthos)
[22:12] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[22:09] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑯)+7]: 23
[22:12] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[22:09] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑬)+7]: 20
[22:12] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Leave my slithery friend alone!”
[22:12] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[22:12] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[22:09] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚄⚅)+4]: 15
[22:09] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚁⚁)+4]: 8
[22:10] <DM_ToA> Xanthos capitalized on the creature's exposed stomach, driving his blade through.
[22:10] <DM_ToA> His second strike was with the flat of the blade to the chin.
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[22:11] * Dylan_ glowers and strikes again twice
[22:11] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[22:11] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑳)+9]: 29 (Oh, yeah)
[22:11] <Dylan_> 1d20+9
[22:11] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑫)+9]: 21
[22:11] <Dylan_> (crit?)
[22:11] <DM_ToA> (both hit, one critical)
[22:11] <Dylan_> 2d6+6 crit
[22:11] <TolBot> Dylan_'s critical damage: 4d6(⚄⚅⚅⚀)+6 'crit']: 24
[22:11] <Dylan_> 2d6+6
[22:11] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(⚃⚄)+6]: 15
[22:15] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (those little circle dice are a pain to read :\ )
[22:12] <DM_ToA> Chunks drop to the floor. The creature seems to move with less coordination, almost like it's punch drunk.
[22:12] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[22:12] * Ash tries flaming it one more time (DC 13 dex)
[22:12] <Stolanimus> (I can remove them)
[22:13] <Stolanimus> (we sample options prolly when you weren’t here, Ryu, and that’s what folks wanted)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 DC 13
[22:13] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(④)+5 'DC 13']: 9
[22:16] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (its OK, I jus' need to increase my font size)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> (failed)
[22:16] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (I was at a 9 font lol)
[22:13] <Stolanimus> (yeah, then no sympathy from me. hehe)
[22:13] <Ash> 2d8 radiant damage
[22:13] <TolBot> Ash's 2d8(⑥⑥) 'radiant damage']: 12
[22:15] <DM_ToA> Bright flame streams through the air, enveloping the creature. Small explosions scatter dust everywhere, wearing it away. The spear – the tip cherry red hot falls to the ground.
[22:15] <DM_ToA> The dust snakes back through the hallway back. The bars close with a solid thud.
[22:18] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (oh hell, with Calibri as my font they're stupid easy to read now lol)
[22:15] * Terres passes the third spear up to Ash
[22:16] * Ash puts it into place.
[22:16] <Terres> (good call on Calibri, i was trying different ones and most of them are unreadable for me)
[22:16] <DM_ToA> As the spear butt hits the ground – the aether stirs like a lazy river current.
[22:19] <Terres> “After the next one i will need a break”
[22:19] <DM_ToA> (11:19 here – and I know no one here has taken a long rest…)
[22:19] * Stolanimus preparies to strike.
[22:20] * Terres get ready for the last Golem
[22:20] <Ash> (yup)
[22:23] <Xanthos_Beardhand> “Come out to play little statue man!”
[22:21] <DM_ToA> (brb – need juice)
[22:24] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (by juice he means a gallon of deathwish coffee)
[22:23] * Stolanimus positions himself in front of the others to indicate the desire to strike first.
[22:24] <Terres> ( your constrict only disadvantages dex saves ?)
[22:24] <Stolanimus> (yes0
[22:25] <Stolanimus> (and attacks)
[22:25] <DM_ToA> The trigger is struck with impatience by Xanthos.
[22:25] <DM_ToA> The golem comes out, utters his challenge and raises his spear.
[22:25] * Stolanimus -aconda looks rather wounded.
[22:26] <DM_ToA> (init, you torture goblins)
[22:26] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[22:26] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(②)+2]: 4
[22:26] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[22:26] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑱)+2]: 20
[22:29] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20
[22:26] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑦)]: 7
[22:26] <Ash> 1d20
[22:26] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑰)]: 17
[22:26] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[22:26] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑧)+1 'init']: 9
[22:26] <Dylan_> 1d20+3
[22:26] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(⑨)+3]: 12
[22:26] <Terres> (hmm this Golem rushes in it seems)
[22:28] <DM_ToA> The golem charges for the snake and slams it's spear to pin it to the ground.
[22:28] <DM_ToA> 1d20+7
[22:28] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑬)+7]: 20
[22:29] <DM_ToA> Following up, it slings it's spear at Xanthos.
[22:29] <DM_ToA> Following up, it slings it's shield at Xanthos.
[22:29] <DM_ToA> 1d20+7
[22:29] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮)+7]: 22
[22:32] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (thats a hit)
[22:29] <DM_ToA> It's final attack is a kick at Terres.
[22:29] <DM_ToA> 1d20+7
[22:29] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑭)+7]: 21
[22:30] <Terres> (yep)
[22:30] <DM_ToA> 1d6+4
[22:30] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d6(⚂)+4]: 7
[22:30] <DM_ToA> (Stol takes 7)
[22:30] <DM_ToA> 2d4+4
[22:30] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 2d4(⚀⚃)+4]: 9
[22:30] <Stolanimus> (Does this one look more badass than the previous?)
[22:31] <DM_ToA> Xanthos – make a DC 15 Strength save or be knocked prone
[22:31] <DM_ToA> also take 9 pts of damage
[22:34] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7 vs dc15
[22:31] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑰)+7 'vs dc15']: 24 (Success)
[22:31] <DM_ToA> Terres take 5 points.
[22:31] <DM_ToA> The mood has changed…
[22:31] <Terres> (saddly no more spell slots or you would have gotten a faefull of fire)
[22:31] <DM_ToA> (Ash)
[22:32] <Dylan_> “How many of these are there to fight?”
[22:32] * Ash hopes this one is a little less dexterous on its feet. (DC 13 dex)
[22:32] <Ash> “Hopefully this is the last one.”
[22:32] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5 DC 13
[22:32] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑰)+5 'DC 13']: 22
[22:32] <Dylan_> “We are resting after this?”
[22:33] <DM_ToA> The golem leaps aside, rolling over its shoulder and coming upright a second before the flame hits where it stood.
[22:33] * Terres wipes some blood from his arm and says “Yeap”
[22:34] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[22:34] <Dylan_> “DIE”
[22:35] <DM_ToA> (What are you casting?)
[22:35] <Dylan_> (ok so I am gonna go vow of enmity, action surge for three attacks, and use two divine smites at lvl 2)
[22:35] <Terres> (power word death)
[22:35] <Dylan_> 1d20+9 adv
[22:35] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(20, 17)+9 'adv']: 29 (Magnificent.)
[22:35] <Dylan_> (that ones gonna leave a mark)
[22:35] <Dylan_> 1d20+9 adv
[22:35] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(18, 8)+9 'adv']: 27
[22:36] <Dylan_> 1d20+9 adv
[22:36] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 1d20(2, 19)+9 'adv']: 28
[22:36] <DM_ToA> (3 hits, one crit)
[22:36] <Dylan_> (are smite damage affected by crits or just the weapon damage?)
[22:36] <DM_ToA> (just damage)
[22:37] <Dylan_> 2d6+6 crit
[22:37] <TolBot> Dylan_'s critical damage: 4d6(⚀⚁⚃⚅)+6 'crit']: 19
[22:37] <Dylan_> 2d8
[22:37] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d8(③⑧)]: 11
[22:37] <Dylan_> 2d6+6
[22:37] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(⚀⚁)+6]: 9
[22:37] <Dylan_> 2d8
[22:37] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d8(⑧①)]: 9
[22:37] <Dylan_> 2d6+6
[22:37] <TolBot> Dylan_'s 2d6(⚃⚃)+6]: 14
[22:39] <DM_ToA> The golem comes to a halt just in time to catch a hilt to the temple, followed by a harsh slash that left a dripping, glowing wound in the stomach and a third puncture in the kidney. Has this been a mere mortal…it would have been to see it's Maker.
[22:39] <Dylan_> (is it a fiend?)
[22:40] <DM_ToA> (no, clay statue)
[22:40] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[22:40] * Terres casts Eldritch blast again at the creature
[22:40] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[22:40] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑩)+7]: 17
[22:40] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(②)+7]: 9
[22:41] <DM_ToA> (one hit)
[22:41] <Terres> 1d10+2
[22:41] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(⑧)+2]: 10
[22:41] <DM_ToA> (Xanthos)
[22:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (attack → attack 2 → action surge → attack 3 → attack 4, if I can)
[22:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[22:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑫)+7]: 19
[22:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[22:41] <DM_ToA> (Good lucl)
[22:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑩)+7]: 17
[22:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[22:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(⑪)+7]: 18
[22:44] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 1d20+7
[22:41] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d20(②)+7]: 9
[22:42] <DM_ToA> (3 out of 4)
[22:45] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[22:45] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[22:42] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚄⚄)+4]: 14
[22:45] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2d6+4
[22:42] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚀⚅)+4]: 11
[22:42] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 2d6(⚃⚁)+4]: 10
[22:43] <Stolanimus> (are we still in the first round?)
[22:44] <DM_ToA> Xanthos comes in, driving blades into the thighs and knees. It stumbles back a step, but loses none of its grace.
[22:44] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[22:44] * Stolanimus makes a constricting attack.
[22:44] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[22:44] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑮)+2]: 17
[22:45] <DM_ToA> (hit)
[22:45] <Stolanimus> (er, add 5 to that, so 22)
[22:45] <Stolanimus> 2d8+5 bludgeioning and graplled and Restrained
[22:45] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d8(⑥⑦)+5 'bludgeioning and graplled and Restrained']: 18
[22:46] <Stolanimus> (So, the creature can make it’s attacks a disadv, or use it’s action to Escape)
[22:49] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (Hey, I can re-roll 1s and 2s on damage die… I should pay more attention to my sheet)
[22:46] <Stolanimus> ( hehe )
[22:46] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus wraps around the chest and flexes. Under its unblinking gaze…the golem crumbles into dust. The spear clatters, casting a hollow echo in the chamber.
[22:49] <Xanthos_Beardhand> 2#1d6 (damage re-rolls from last attack)
[22:47] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d6(⚄) '(damage re-rolls from last attack)']: 5
[22:47] <TolBot> Xanthos_Beardhand's 1d6(⚄) '(damage re-rolls from last attack)']: 5
[22:47] <DM_ToA> (The shortest, and most intense battle of the evening!)
[22:47] <Stolanimus> ( too late, Ryu, I killed it already. I’m the bestest)
[22:50] <Xanthos_Beardhand> (damage should have been: 14, 14, and 13)
[22:47] * Terres picks up the spear and walks it up to the top where Ash is waiting
[22:47] * Stolanimus -aconda coils up and relaxes.
[22:48] * Ash takes the spear and puts it in the last statue.
[22:48] <Terres> “Im glad this is over, where does one take a bath in this place?”
[22:51] * Xanthos_Beardhand spits on the dusty golem
[22:49] <DM_ToA> As the dust settles from the bloody combat, and the next piece of the puzzle rises out of the column, we bring this episode of “Tomb of Anhiliation” to a close.

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_25_-_9-30-2018.txt · Last modified: 2018/10/02 02:27 by ryubasteon