Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_20_-_8-26-2018

[19:51] <Harlequin_J_Goat> When last we gathered, our intrepid adventurers had fought back the Flaming Fist trying to confiscate their gear. Now – still deep in the jungle – they have spotted eyes staring back at them from Emerald Veil. Under observation, this episode of “Tomb of Annihilation” resumes and begins.
[19:51] * Sentagur is now known as Terres
[19:51] * Shaddow is now known as Miri-
[19:51] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as <DM_ToA
[19:51] <May> (what is 'emerald veil'?)
[19:51] * May is now known as Kayalia
[19:52] <DM_ToA> (The vegetation ahead of you)
[19:52] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[19:52] <DM_ToA> (just showing off my writer's skill)
[19:52] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[19:52] <Kayalia> (oh… well… you capitalized the first letters like a proper noun… thought I missed out on a named location…)
[19:53] <DM_ToA> (nope, sorry about capitization)
[19:53] <+Miri→ (ya'll the party funds have 69 gold in them *sniggers*)
[19:53] <Terres> (that sounds communist)
[19:56] <Terres> (so i believe couple of us noticed the goblin(s) watching us kick some flaming fist behind)
[19:56] <DM_ToA> (that sonds like something I'd find in AVN – “Tomb of Annihiliation: An XXX Parody”)
[19:56] <DM_ToA> (anyhow)
[19:57] * Kayalia exhales sharply and leans against the rock the scout was hiding behind.
[19:57] <DM_ToA> (Yes, Terres – you see some goblins watching you from the jungle. They haven't made a move yet)
[19:58] <Terres> (are they the same kind with those creepy masks we fought few weeks ago?)
[19:58] <Kayalia> (You'd think they would realize they're no match given how a larger party already lost to use one-sidedly)
[19:58] <DM_ToA> (no)
[19:59] <DM_ToA> (You can see that these masks are styilized ant masks)
[19:58] <@Ryu> (all this talk of virginity and I miss it..)
[19:59] <Kayalia> (BTW I upped my exp to match the lowest total in our party last week… cause I seemed to have had missed out onlike 2,000+ xp exp somehow.)
[19:59] <+Miri→ (poor whelp, misses all the good talk)
[20:00] <Kayalia> (/me directs OOC chatter to #wargames)
[20:00] <DM_ToA> Birds twitter back and forth in the dawning sunlight.
[20:01] * Kayalia looks around to see what everyone else is up to, since the imminent danger of the Flaming Fist band had passed. She's quick to note some lingering tension.
[20:01] * Miri- whispers “lets just back away slowly.” begins backing up but keeps her blade up and ready.
[20:01] * Terres follows Miri keeping an eye at the goblins
[20:01] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) has joined #grovewood
[20:02] <DM_ToA> The goblins aren't moving.
[20:02] <Kayalia> “Back away…?”
[20:03] <+Miri→ “You want to fight the goblins just for the heck of it?”
[20:03] <Kayalia> “Goblins?”
[20:03] <Ash> “Why don't we just convince them to piss off?”
[20:04] * Kayalia looks around for Goblins….
[20:06] <+Miri→ “you can if you want to, but i don't seem to be hitting so well, so i'll stay back.”
[20:07] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 dis
[20:07] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(②)+3 'dis']: 5
[20:08] <DM_ToA> (Tollers, is it dis or disadv to roll at a disadvantage?)
[20:09] <+Miri→ (disadv i think)
[20:09] <Stolanimus> (sorry, was afk)
[20:09] <Stolanimus> (disadv)
[20:09] <DM_ToA> (try again, Kayalia)
[20:09] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 disadv
[20:09] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(20, 15)+3 'disadv']: 18
[20:10] <Stolanimus> (I was afraide ‘dis’ woud give too many false positives… but truthfully can’t think of what I was thinking)
[20:11] * Stolanimus is now known as StolWolf
[20:11] * @StolWolf keeps his snout in the direction of the scent.
[20:12] * Kayalia whispers sidelong to Miri “We can try to back away, yes… or maybe, startle them? With a wind gust maybe.”
[20:12] <@StolWolf> (btw, you can spell out the whole words, ‘advantage’ and ‘disadvantage’, it’s just that it will trigger after spelling out a minimum of letters ‘adv’ and ‘disadv’)
[20:12] * Miri- shrugs “you can certainly try.”
[20:13] <DM_ToA> (how many people have from that phrase?)
[20:13] <DM_ToA> (died)
[20:13] <@StolWolf> 1d20+3 advantage
[20:13] <TolBot> [StolWolf's 1d20(8, 16)+3 'advantage']: 19
[20:14] <+Miri→ (a few i would imagine)
[20:14] <@StolWolf> (crap… I didn’t notice, but my dire wolf form is “large”)
[20:14] <Kayalia> “I'm asking what you want to do, not the logistics on whether or not I could possibly do whatever I felt like… whatever.”
[20:15] <@StolWolf> (so i messed up some in the combat spacing. it takes up 2×2 grid)
[20:15] <Kayalia> (big bad wolf!)
[20:15] <@StolWolf> (and clearly is scary as $#!&
[20:15] <DM_ToA> (Bigby!)
[20:16] * @StolWolf begins stalking straight towards the goblins he smells, growling lowly.
[20:16] <+Miri→ “what am i? your baby sitter? If you want to do it, do it.” she sticks her tongue out at kay.
[20:16] <@StolWolf> (you can call that an intimidation)
[20:17] <@StolWolf> (what’s funny is that the rules don’t techinically change my intimidation skill check when in this form)
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (The goblin you're stalking towards doesn't move, but you can smell the fear coming off of him through the cloak)
[20:20] <DM_ToA> (Everyone watching the goblins, roll Perception with advantage)
[20:20] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 adv
[20:20] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(15, 7)+3 'adv']: 18
[20:21] <+Miri→ 1d20 adv
[20:21] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(7, 16) 'adv']: 16
[20:21] <Terres> 1d20+3 advantage
[20:21] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(16, 15)+3 'advantage']: 19
[20:21] <Ash> (I don't recall if I made my roll to see them last session, but will roll anyway)
[20:21] * Kayalia glares at Miri and readies her warfan for a magical wind gust.
[20:21] <Ash> 1d20+2 adv
[20:21] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(8, 20)+2 'adv']: 22 (Hurray)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (As you're watching the still goblin, you hear some leaves sliding on the jungle floor. Out of the corner of your eye, you see the second one trying to move away quietly.)
[20:23] * Kayalia throws the fan forward sharply, letting out a gust of wind strong enough to knock a medium humanoid back several feet. “Scram!”
[20:25] * Disconnected
[20:25] * Attempting to rejoin channel #grovewood
[20:26] * Rejoined channel #grovewood
[20:26] * Topic is 'Grovewood - D&D5e Harl's Temple - Current DM: Harlequin-J-Goat- 8:30 PM EST Sundays. - Logs available here: http://grovewoodsaga.com/doku.php?id=campaigns:konnen:the_forth'
[20:26] * Set by Ryu!Ryu@wg2140.com on Sun Jul 08 17:28:18 2018
[20:27] <DM_ToA> (Giving chase?)
[20:27] <Kayalia> (Not sure how but after pressing some key combination on accident my client now does the fancy quotation marks in place of normal straight ones… like: “this”… if you can tell…)
[20:27] <DM_ToA> (I can, and I'm jealous)
[20:28] <Kayalia> (And I have no idea how to change it back either!)
[20:28] <+Miri→ “looks like they are running away…why not just be on our way?”
[20:29] <Ash> “Agreed. We have no time for the likes of them.”
[20:29] <Kayalia> “Of course. I’d rather not get into any more fights….”
[20:30] <Terres> “We should leave this place just in case those “Knights” decide to come back with reinforcements”
[20:30] <+Miri→ “where are we headed anyway? are we still heading back to town? Is that a good idea still?”
[20:30] <Ash> “Also a smart idea.”
[20:31] * Dylan shrugs
[20:32] <Kayalia> “Do we know where we’re going … like, at all?”
[20:33] <Ash> “Well this way should take us back to the city.”
[20:33] * Ash indicates the route we previously travelled.
[20:33] <DM_ToA> (Whoever is navigating, roll Wisdom check with advantage since you have a map of the area)
[20:33] <+Miri→ “well, we have a general map, but it doesn't exactly have an x on it marking the spot. Should we go to the city and get one of those permit things or was that purely a rouse on the knights part?”
[20:33] <Kayalia> “Let’s be off, then… please. I want to be out of this jungle as soon as possible.”
[20:34] <Kayalia> “We can ask once we get back.”
[20:35] <Ash> 1d20+2 adv
[20:35] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(3, 14)+2 'adv']: 16
[20:35] * @StolWolf moves and plops down beside Ash and licks its front paw.
[20:36] * Ash resists the urge to pet him.
[20:36] <DM_ToA> (If you keep the sun on your right and head for the mountains, you'll get closer to the city)
[20:37] * Kayalia hefts her gear and heads out when the others do.
[20:37] * Ash starts leading the way.
[20:37] * Terres follows the others
[20:37] * Miri- follows along, keeping her sword lit.
[20:38] * @StolWolf moves at the front, keeping senses keenly aware.
[20:39] <DM_ToA> It's several treacherous hours of trying to get through the jungle when some of it starts to thin out a little bit.
[20:40] <Ash> “I'm starting to prefer the alleys of the city to the jungles.”
[20:41] <+Miri→ “Our job is in the jungle tho.”
[20:41] * @StolWolf looks back, shaking its head at Ash and then sniffs the air.
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (Everyone! Roll Perception with Disadvantage! Except for StolWolf, who rolls regular because he's a Good Boy)
[20:42] <Terres> 1d20+3 disadv
[20:42] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(13, 12)+3 'disadv']: 15
[20:42] <@StolWolf> 1d20+3
[20:42] <TolBot> [StolWolf's 1d20(④)+3]: 7
[20:42] <+Miri→ 1d20 disadv
[20:42] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(11, 15) 'disadv']: 11
[20:42] <Dylan> 1d20+2 disadv
[20:42] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(20, 1)+2 'disadv']: 3 (Nooooo!)
[20:42] <Kayalia> “So I’ve been thinking. Dying is natural, right? Who’re we to try and defy the natural order and all that. Let’s just ah, go home? Just kidding, I guess.”
[20:42] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 disadv
[20:42] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(1, 15)+3 'disadv']: 4 (Oh, no)
[20:42] <Ash> 1d20+2 disadv
[20:42] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(15, 4)+2 'disadv']: 6
[20:44] <DM_ToA> You hear a long, horrible shriek…
[20:44] <DM_ToA> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV4UJdoPcHk)
[20:45] <DM_ToA> … and you hear sounds of activity ahead of you. (anyone here speak goblin?)
[20:45] <+Miri→ (not i)
[20:46] <+Miri→ “we aren't even from these lands…without the lady who magically sent us here how do you propose we get home?”
[20:46] <Terres> “What now?”
[20:46] * Miri- sighs at the sound…“i don't know, but it can't be good.”
[20:47] * @StolWolf cowers his head, with aversion to the sound.
[20:47] <Terres> (any idea where it came from or what made it?)
[20:47] <Ash> “What was that?”
[20:47] <DM_ToA> You look ahead and see this small village…
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (let's see if this works…)
[20:48] <DM_ToA> (https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/890/0323a.jpg)
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (someone try to get into this link…)
[20:49] <@StolWolf> (yes)
[20:49] <+Miri→ (works for me)
[20:49] <+Miri→ (what side are we entering from?)
[20:49] <Kayalia> (its a map)
[20:49] <Dylan> (link worked)
[20:49] <Ash> (It's a TRAP)
[20:50] <DM_ToA> (Halle-friggin-luah! East side)
[20:50] <Terres> (what does this knot do?)
[20:52] <DM_ToA> You see several goblins (12) rush towards you, scrambling onto each other's shoulders until they're stacked high enough to look you right in the eye.
[20:52] <Terres> (how long ago did we fight those knights?)
[20:52] <Kayalia> “Didn’t we just leave this party?” She asked in an exhasperated tone.
[20:52] <DM_ToA> (Last night)
[20:53] <DM_ToA> (It's now around eight in the morning)
[20:53] * Ash sighs
[20:53] * Terres refreshes Mage Armor on himslef and prepares for battle at the sight of goblins
[20:53] <+Miri→ “Oh great, right into a trap.”
[20:53] <@StolWolf> (wait, we slept? then I’m not a wolf anymore. my bad)
[20:54] <DM_ToA> (Yes, you all have had a long rest)
[20:54] <Terres> (i think th knights came during last watch last watch shift this morning)
[20:54] <Terres> (wait long rest after the knight fight?)
[20:55] <Terres> (i can dig that too)
[20:55] <DM_ToA> The stacks of goblins all come to swaying stop, blocking you from going deeper into the village. Another goblin scampers up to a stake with a knot tied around it, weilding a stone axe.
[20:56] <DM_ToA> (The stacks look like this: https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/842/0104.png)
[20:56] <Ash> “What is this all about?”
[20:56] <+Miri→ (can't you only be in animal form for like 2.5 hours atm?)
[20:56] <@StolWolf> (2 hours i think)
[20:57] <+Miri→ (ah ok)
[20:57] <DM_ToA> “Quem diabos é você, pernas longas?”
[20:58] <+Miri→ “speak in a language we all understand, will ya?”
[20:58] <Ash> Infernal: “What is this all about?”
[20:58] <DM_ToA> 1d4
[20:58] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d4(⚂)]: 3
[20:59] <Terres> Deep Speach: “What did you just call us?”
[20:59] <DM_ToA> One of them speaks in Elvish: “Tu sais ça?”
[20:59] <+Miri→ (i speak elvish!)
[20:59] <Kayalia> Halfling: “I like wine… suddenly I am thirsty.”
[21:00] <+Miri→ “yes, i know that”
[21:01] <DM_ToA> Elvish: “Good! Leave village, filthy longlegs! We Batri Clan! We kill longlegs like you! Feed to family!”
[21:01] <+Miri→ “we will leave if you promise not to kill us.”
[21:02] <DM_ToA> The elvish speaking one points to a wooden cage. Inside is what's left of a human wearing the Flaming Fist Insignia.
[21:02] <Kayalia> “Uhh… what are they saying?” (They’re not complimenting my long and lithe legs are they?)
[21:02] * Terres looks around their camp for any sighs of live prisoners
[21:03] <+Miri→ “we killed a few of them as well.” points to the man in the cage.
[21:03] <DM_ToA> (It seems to be a slur…like calling an elf “points” or “knife ears”…or a dwarf “sober”.)
[21:03] <+Miri→ “they are telling us to leave the village, calling us long legs and that they kill long legs like us to feed to their family.”
[21:03] * Terres turns to Miri “ What did he call us?”
[21:04] * Terres looks down at his dwarven legs then back at the goblins
[21:04] <DM_ToA> Elvish: “Good! Tell other longlegs stay away from Batri Clan! Kill and eat! Now go! Go before we feed you to little family!”
[21:05] <+Miri→ “we are going.” motions for everyone to start backing away. “come on everyone, lets go.”
[21:05] <+Miri→ (it's a sad day when the barbarian is a diplomat :P)
[21:05] <DM_ToA> (I'm going to mark this day on my calendar: Today – Barbarian used words rather than fists to end dispute)
[21:06] <Ash> (GASP!!!)
[21:06] <Ash> (/me quits)
[21:06] * Terres shakes his head at Miri then follows the way around the village
[21:06] <@Ryu> (<Barbarian> We shall have peace! *offers hand* <Goblins> Peace! *go to take hand* <Barbarian> *Cuts off Goblins head* We have peace now!)
[21:07] * Kayalia walks away from the Goblin camp with the others. “Well, at least they complimented my long legs?”
[21:07] * Miri- moves away with the others. “it wasn't a compliment. It would be as if we called a dwarf sober.”
[21:08] <Terres> “They did NOT!”
[21:08] * Terres looks back at the village
[21:08] <Kayalia> “No need to be so serious, Miri.”
[21:10] * Miri- looks to terres “they didn't, but calling us long legs is about as bad.” makes sure everyone keeps moving away from the village.
[21:10] <Kayalia> “They’re just jealous. It takes like three of them to measure up. Literally.”
[21:10] <DM_ToA> (is everyone moving away?)
[21:11] <Terres> “Is there a reason why we didnt just make them eat those words, their kind did attack us at that temple?”
[21:12] <Terres> (im following the others as they move)
[21:12] * StolWolf is now known as Stolanimus
[21:12] <Stolanimus> (no battle eh? then I made the map for nothing, hehe)
[21:13] <Ash> “But were they the same tribe?”
[21:13] <Kayalia> (Discretion is the greater part of valor…? or something.)
[21:13] <Stolanimus> “Hard to say“
[21:13] <+Miri→ “no idea, called themselves the Batri clan.”
[21:13] <Stolanimus> “Batri? huh.”
[21:14] <Terres> “Should aske them if those masks we kept are theirs?”
[21:14] <Stolanimus> (ash, i gave you the jug, right?)
[21:14] <Ash> (No you have it still)
[21:14] <+Miri→ “if we go back they will try to kill us. we are food to them, much the same way cattle are to us.” she shrugs.
[21:15] <Stolanimus> (I tried before, did your character not want to try it out?)
[21:15] <Terres> “I am pretty sure they were more afraid of us than we were of them!”
[21:16] <DM_ToA> The sun continues it's rise to the zenith. The jungle gets quieter as the heat increases.
[21:17] <+Miri→ “look, if you want to go back we can. I just didn't see the point when they were offering us free passage. As much as i love a good fight, killing for killing sake doesn't seem wise to me.” shrugs again.
[21:17] <Terres> (barbarian huh?)
[21:17] <Stolanimus> “there is wisdom in what you say, Miri.”
[21:17] * Kayalia fans herself off while walking. “I am not interested in going back. I am not a killer or even a warrior. I only fight as self defense.”
[21:18] <+Miri→ (she's weird, what can i say?)
[21:19] <Kayalia> (Who is weird and why?)
[21:19] <Terres> “Well they did brag about killing and eating humans, if there were only 1 or two of there we would have been their next snack”
[21:19] * Stolanimus pulls out the jug and walks up alongside Ash.
[21:19] <DM_ToA> Afternoon begins. Through the canopy, you hear the yowls, screeches and whistles of the various animals…including those horrible monkey cries.
[21:19] <Kayalia> (Mirikey D. Goku?)
[21:19] <Terres> “Does that thing make anything else but watter?:
[21:19] <Stolanimus> “Are you sure you do not wish to carry this awhile and investigate it? You have more arcane skill than I.”
[21:20] <Stolanimus> “After carrying it for so many days, it seems to me there is more to it.“
[21:20] <Terres> “Ask it for ale or wine this time!”
[21:20] * Stolanimus chuckles.
[21:20] <Kayalia> “Wine for me!”
[21:21] <Ash> “You probably have more skill than I. After all our magic seems similar, however you trained for this, while my magic was just imparted to me.
[21:21] * Terres chuckles and says “Im a dwarf after all, i must keep up appearances”
[21:21] * Stolanimus shrugs.
[21:23] <Ash> “I can take it, if it burdens you?”
[21:23] <Ash> “After all I am a bit thristy.”
[21:24] <DM_ToA> The sun moves along, stretching out the shadows.
[21:24] * Miri- starts looking for a spot to kip for the night.
[21:27] * Stolanimus hands Ash the jug.
[21:27] * Kayalia takes a sip from her waterskin, needing some actual hydration, not just wine.
[21:28] <DM_ToA> You all find a good spot to hole up for the evening.
[21:28] <Terres> “Lets hope no more unpleasant surprises”
[21:29] <Terres> (ill take the 2nd watch)
[21:29] <Ash> (Mid watch)
[21:29] <+Miri→ (i'll take first)
[21:29] <DM_ToA> (First watch)
[21:29] <Dylan> (third)
[21:29] <DM_ToA> (Roll perception)
[21:30] <+Miri→ 1d20
[21:30] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(⑲)]: 19
[21:30] <Dylan> (eveyrone?)
[21:30] <Ash> 1d20+2
[21:30] <DM_ToA> You hear a bunch of birds squawking and a leafy crunch…
[21:30] <+Miri→ (just me i think)
[21:30] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(②)+2]: 4
[21:30] <Terres> 1d20+3 perception
[21:30] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑲)+3 'perception']: 22
[21:30] <DM_ToA> (just her, unless someone else is watching with her)
[21:31] <Terres> (oh in that case this is for my shift then)
[21:32] * Miri- turns towards the crunch she heard, waiting to see if anything comes of it.
[21:32] <Stolanimus> (I’ll take a middle watch)
[21:32] <Stolanimus> (so i can watch in animarl form)
[21:33] <DM_ToA> In the growing gloom, you see a humanoid shape hunched over something – ripping out feathers by the handfuls. Something with a feline tail, sharp ears and a short sword hanging on a strap on his hip.
[21:34] <Terres> (rackshasssaaa jazzhands!)
[21:34] * Miri- moves closer, her sword still lit. “hello” she calls out.
[21:35] <DM_ToA> The creature stops, looks in your direction.
[21:35] <DM_ToA> “Heh-loh?”
[21:36] * Miri- tilts her head. “nice catch.” points to the thing it's pulling feathers out of.
[21:36] <DM_ToA> It looks down at the bird, then looks back at you.
[21:36] <DM_ToA> “Nice cah-tch. Want?” It offers of a very raw, eviscerated and bloody parrot.
[21:37] * Miri- shakes her head. “no thank you. I just didn't want you to be startled by me and my friends.”
[21:38] <DM_ToA> “You no start-ihle.” He smiles. “You muy alto. Veh-ry Low-deh.”
[21:39] * Miri- smirks “alright then. i will leave you to your meal.” begins to back away towards her group.
[21:41] <DM_ToA> “Thah-nuk yew. Moon over yew.” He bows, takes the bird in his mouth and darts off into the jungle.
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (Congrats! Tabaxi unlocked!)
[21:42] * Miri- shakes her head “strange creature.” finishes out her shift then wakes who ever has second watch.
[21:44] <DM_ToA> (Next)
[21:44] <Terres> (it was either me or someone else)
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (brb, then)
[21:45] <Terres> (Did Stol want the second shift or should i grab it?)
[21:46] <Stolanimus> (lemme)
[21:46] * Stolanimus wolfs up and paces hte camp.
[21:46] <Terres> (go fer it)
[21:46] <+Miri→ (wolfs up? lol)
[21:48] <Stolanimus> 1d20+3 advantage perception for the watch
[21:48] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(1, 9)+3 'advantage perception for the watch']: 12
[21:48] <DM_ToA> The evening passes without incident.
[21:48] <+Miri→ (oh, i would have told who ever about the tabaxi)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[21:48] <+Miri→ (not that i would know what ot call it, but i would have told them)
[21:49] <Kayalia> (Is seeing alive and friendly humanoids a sign we’re nearing town?)
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (dunno)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (You're getting close to the mountains)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> (Third shift?)
[21:52] <Terres> (i guess i can grab it)
[21:52] <Terres> (want me to roll new perception?)
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (Yes, please)
[21:55] <Terres> 1d20+3 perception
[21:55] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑳)+3 'perception']: 23 (Perfect!)
[21:56] <Terres> (well thats nice)
[21:58] <DM_ToA> All through the night…everything is quiet. Apparently, even the hardiest of man-killers need some rest.
[21:59] <DM_ToA> Morning begins to scorch away the night. (Everyone gets a long rest)
[21:59] * Dylan rests well
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (Map check)
[21:59] <Ash> 1d20+2 adv
[21:59] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(5, 13)+2 'adv']: 15
[22:01] <DM_ToA> (Head towards the mountains ahead of you, then post east)
[22:02] * Miri- fills up her waterskins from who ever has the jug and preps to head out for the day.
[22:04] <Kayalia> “Thanks, Miri.”
[22:04] <DM_ToA> The jungle gives away to the mountains like ivy scaling a granite wall.
[22:05] <DM_ToA> (You're a day away from the base of the mountains)
[22:05] <Dylan> “Mountains are pretty…
[22:06] * Terres looks at the mountains and sighs with relief
[22:08] <Kayalia> “Yeah, they’re kind of romantic in a way. Well, if we weren’t in a murder-jungle.”
[22:08] <DM_ToA> In the afternoon, the mountains still look distant and forbidding, but it's a welcome change from everything that's green and trying to kill you.
[22:09] <DM_ToA> (Marching order, and passive perception please)
[22:09] <+Miri→ “What's that saying about out of the frying pan?”
[22:09] <+Miri→ (near the middle and 10)
[22:09] <Ash> (probably 2nd, 12)
[22:10] <Terres> (i try to keep in the middle)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (Passive perception, Terres?)
[22:11] <Terres> (13)
[22:12] <Stolanimus> (a Tolien chapter, Miri)
[22:12] <Ash> “Stop”
[22:12] <Stolanimus> (*Tolkien)
[22:12] * Miri- stops.
[22:12] <+Miri→ (if you say so)
[22:12] * Terres stops moving and looks at Ash
[22:12] <+Miri→ (brb)
[22:13] <Stolanimus> (towards the front in watch. 17 Passive Perc)
[22:13] * Ash casts 'Speak with Animals' and directs his attention to a large snake.
[22:14] <Ash> “You would do best to hunt weaker prey else where. My companions and I are very powerful and there are easier prey to the west where the sun sets.”
[22:14] <DM_ToA> Everyone sees Ash make some symbols with his hands and points to a shadow under the brush.
[22:14] <DM_ToA> “But I'm hungry now.”
[22:15] <DM_ToA> A Giant Snake comes slithering out of the shadows.
[22:15] <DM_ToA> “Just one.”
[22:15] <+Miri→ (back)
[22:15] <Ash> “If you long for death, then you can strike, but if you were truly wise, you would seek easier prey.”
[22:15] <DM_ToA> The snake eyes Miri then Terres.
[22:16] <DM_ToA> The snake swings to Ash.
[22:16] <DM_ToA> (Roll persuation, Ash)
[22:16] <Ash> 1d20+
[22:16] <TolBot> Try [Number of rolls]#(Number of dice)d(Number of sides)±[Add/Subtract modifier]
[22:16] <Ash> 1d20+6
[22:16] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑨)+6]: 15
[22:16] * Kayalia frowns from her position near the back of the marching order. She hadn’t noticed the snake due to her average-ish senses (passiver perception 13)
[22:16] <DM_ToA> (I rolled a 2)
[22:17] <DM_ToA> The snake looks back to Terres then to Ash “The small one is too hairy for me. Fine. I'll wait for someone else.”
[22:17] * Terres looks back at the snake wondering why it keeps looking at him
[22:17] <DM_ToA> The snake lowers itself back down and turns to go back to the brush. It's a full five minutes before the body thins out to a tail.
[22:18] <Ash> “Very wise, may you be graced with easy yet big prey.”
[22:18] * Stolanimus watches.
[22:18] <DM_ToA> There is a parting hiss in the brush.
[22:18] <Ash> (when it leaves…)
[22:19] <Ash> “It wanted to eat Miri and thought Terres was ok looking, but too hairy.”
[22:19] <Terres> “As a civilized creature should be!”
[22:19] * Stolanimus shrugs, “An animal’s got to eat”
[22:19] <+Miri→ “you sent it towards the goblins?”
[22:20] <+Miri→ “also…thank you for not letting it eat any of us.”
[22:20] <Terres> (and here i though ash was a pacifist)
[22:20] <Ash> “I sent it to the west. I don't know if it will go there or stay nearby here.”
[22:20] * Ash shrugs
[22:20] <+Miri→ “I see.”
[22:21] <Ash> “You're welcome, though I was also doing it for the snake's sake, because you would have split it in two or cut off its head.”
[22:22] * Miri- smiles “I certainly would have died trying if nothing else.”
[22:23] <Stolanimus> “I used tol like taking on the form of snake.”
[22:23] * Stolanimus speaks to noone as he walks along.
[22:24] <+Miri→ “i'm just saying, you want to eat me, i'm gonna fight back.”
[22:25] <DM_ToA> (She said it, not me.)
[22:26] <DM_ToA> (Map check?)
[22:26] <Ash> 1d20+2
[22:26] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(①)+2]: 3 (That stinks.)
[22:26] <Ash> 1d20+2
[22:26] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑬)+2]: 15
[22:26] <Ash> (forgot advantage)
[22:27] <DM_ToA> (At this point, you can tack east or walk right up to the mountain.)
[22:28] <Ash> (I'll pick the easier route back to the city, unless that magic 'pull' is coming from the mountains)
[22:31] <Terres> (didnt we leave that thing behind us when we decided to go back to the city?)
[22:31] <DM_ToA> (the magic pull, barely perceptible is coming from the south east)
[22:33] * Ash tacks east
[22:33] * Stolanimus follows along.
[22:33] * Terres files in
[22:33] <Dylan> “east is good”
[22:33] * Miri- follows as well
[22:34] * Dylan goes east
[22:36] <DM_ToA> The sun starts to coast to your left hand side.
[22:39] <Stolanimus> (afk, sorry)
[22:39] <DM_ToA> (that's ok)
[22:39] <DM_ToA> (anyone against wrapping up for the evening?)
[22:40] <Kayalia> (^that)
[22:40] <Terres> (no more snakes or goblins or screeching monkeys hounding us?)
[22:40] <+Miri→ (i'm good)
[22:40] <DM_ToA> (not yet)
[22:40] <Dylan> (no that would be great, wife just made dinner)
[22:40] <Terres> (im good too then)
[22:40] <Dylan> (i should go eat it)
[22:41] <DM_ToA> (ok – grab some food – there will be no more encounters until dark at least)
[22:41] <Ash> (I'm fine ending)
[22:42] <DM_ToA> (Sorry – wife is distracting me)
[22:42] <+Miri→ (we can end, is all good)
[22:42] <Terres> (you failed the wisdom save?)
[22:45] <DM_ToA> As our intrepid and pacificistic group continues on through the jungle, we come to a close for this episode of “Tomb of Annihilation” and ends.

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_20_-_8-26-2018.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/03 00:42 by ryubasteon