Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_16_-_7-29-2018

[19:50] <Harlequin_J_Goat> When when we last saw our intrepid band – they managed to survive the traps of the Temple of the Crocodile (thier motto: Indiana Jones was a hack!) and brutally decimated a goblin war band before going to sleep. Now, with a fresh day ahead of them, our group continues the search for the lost city of Omu. Our adventure of The Tomb of Annihilation now begins…
[19:50] * Shaddow is now known as Miri
[19:51] * Magestar is now known as Ash-
[19:51] * Miri is now known as Miri-
[19:52] <+Miri→ (close thunder here…if it keeps up may have to shut down, but not yet)
[19:52] <Harlequin_J_Goat> The jungle begins to awaken with you, the heat from the rising sun has as of yet to touch your soft, city-bred skin.
[19:53] * Terres gets up and shakes the sleep out of his eyes
[19:53] * May is now known as Kayalia
[19:54] <Terres> (did anyone bother pilfering the goblin corpses last week?)
[19:55] <Kayalia> (Did I miss a gliblin session? lol…)
[19:55] <Terres> (yep last week we had ourselves a small goblin BBQ)
[19:55] <Kayalia> (yum… [?])
[19:56] <@Ash→ (We didn't pilfer, I believe)
[19:56] <+Miri→ (nope, were too tired and went to sleep)
[19:57] * Terres goes rummaging around the goblin corpses for anything of value/interest(if its not too late)
[19:57] <Kayalia> (Kaya does tend to advocate beauty sleep)
[19:58] * Miri- takes the map from her pack and begins to study it.
[19:59] <Terres> (just a question, did we pay that guide upfront?)
[19:59] <Harlequin_J_Goat> (yes)
[19:59] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as <DM_ToA
[19:59] <Terres> (who said that :)
[20:00] <+Miri→ (don't worry, i'm keeping track of the party funds)
[20:00] <DM_ToA> (Who was that masked goat?)
[20:01] <Terres> (so did i find anything of value during my pilfering expedition?)
[20:01] <Terres> (or should i roll something)
[20:01] <DM_ToA> (roll investigation)
[20:02] <Terres> 1d20+3 investigation
[20:02] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑥)+3 'investigation']: 9
[20:02] <DM_ToA> (Nothing of value, except from freaky war masks)
[20:03] * Terres gives up after a few minutes then goes back to the group
[20:04] <Terres> (can i pocket one of the masks or are they too big to be lugging around?)
[20:05] * Miri- yells to Tol's character to make drinking water from the vase as she continues to plot a course on the map.
[20:05] <DM_ToA> (You can take a mask)
[20:06] <@Tolman> (back)
[20:06] <+Miri→ (wb)
[20:06] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[20:06] * Terres finds a funky mask in still decent conditions and mutters something about it looking good at the tavern wall
[20:06] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus takes the jug and whispers something. The jug shudders once and water begins trickling out.
[20:07] * Miri- gets out her canteen and fills it from the jug.
[20:07] * Ash- gets a drink while the jug is doing its thing.
[20:08] * Terres drinks and refills his waterskin “I wish that thing could make something more useful like Ale”
[20:08] <DM_ToA> (Everyone's canteen is full and the water is still coming out)
[20:08] * Stolanimus manages the jug as it flows
[20:10] <DM_ToA> In the far distance, you hear some monkey howls…
[20:11] * Ash- lets out a groan.
[20:12] * Stolanimus lets some water douse his head from teh sweat.
[20:13] <@Ash→ “So do we have any idea where we are going, or should we go back to the city to find another guide?”
[20:15] <+Miri→ “The question i think, is more that is it any safer for us to go back as continue on?”
[20:16] <Kayalia> “Could we just as likely get lost trying to go back?”
[20:17] <Stolanimus> “This jungle terrain is not familiar to me.“
[20:17] <+Miri→ “we do have a map.”
[20:18] <Terres> (would i need to go to a library to learn a new speel? i do have an empty known spells slot since last level)
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (if yo get a new level [as a wizard] you get two new spells automatically)
[20:19] * Terres looks at the map over Miri's shoulder
[20:20] <Terres> (warlock here , so can i chose any spell of appropriate level?)
[20:20] * Miri- looks up at terres “rude much?” sticks her tongue out then goes back to looking at the map.
[20:20] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[20:21] <Terres> “4 eyes are better than 2 my mum always used to say… or was it my nana?”
[20:21] <Terres> “Anyway more eyes more better i recon”
[20:21] * Miri- shakes her head. “family dynamics…i'll never understand them.”
[20:22] <DM_ToA> A wild boar tumbles into the camp site. It snuffles about for a few minutes, completely ignoring you, then leaves.
[20:23] <+Miri→ “So which is it? back to camp or further on?”
[20:24] <@Ash→ “Well as far as I know, we don't know where we are going past this point, so back may be wiser.”
[20:25] <+Miri→ “We don’t have many funds. I’m not sure we could afford one. but it doesn’t matter much to me, we should get going before the weather gets insane tho.”
[20:26] <Stolanimus> “I do not know”
[20:26] <Kayalia> /me weasels her way in between Terres and
[20:26] <Kayalia> (oops)
[20:26] * Kayalia *does thing*
[20:26] * Miri- stands up rather abruptly and makes some space between herself and the others.
[20:27] * Kayalia weasels her way in between Terres and Miri and snickers as Miri immediately moves.
[20:27] * Terres looks around and tries to find a spot in the distance “I still feel that magical pull”
[20:28] <+Miri→ “what magical pull?”
[20:28] <Terres> “I have been feeling it for a couple of days getting stronger”
[20:28] <@Ash→ “What are you talking about?”
[20:28] <Kayalia> “Hm?”
[20:29] <Terres> (wasnt there some sort of orb too , sorry it was a while back cant remember)
[20:30] <+Miri→ “We are debating going back to town or press foreward and terres is talking about feeling some kind of magic pull.”
[20:31] <DM_ToA> (something like that)
[20:32] <Kayalia> “I've no interest in getting lost. I also have no interest in doing this trip two, three, whatever many times its going to end up being… so if you're confident in your ability to lead with the map, let's go on. Otherwise, lets go back and get a guide again. But lets make sure we get one that won't flee, this time…“
[20:32] <Terres> “Yeah no one else noticed it so i just though the jungle was getting to me”
[20:33] * Terres tries to detect where he feels the magic pull is coming from
[20:33] <Terres> (arcana roll or is it strong enoug now to feel? )
[20:34] <DM_ToA> (South-southeast and quite a ways away.)
[20:34] <DM_ToA> (If you wanted to use it as a homing beacon, then yes, you would need an arcanum roll)
[20:34] * Terres pints South-southeast “you guys dont feel anything?”
[20:35] <@Ash→ 1d20+2 arcana
[20:35] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(⑧)+2 'arcana']: 10
[20:35] * Terres closes his eyes and concentrates on the feeling trying to discern the exact direction
[20:35] <Terres> 1d20+3 arcana
[20:35] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(③)+3 'arcana']: 6
[20:36] <Terres> “Cannot feel it clearly right now but its there”
[20:36] * Miri- tries just for her own benifit to see if she can feel it.
[20:36] <+Miri→ 1d20+1
[20:36] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(⑦)+1]: 8
[20:36] * Dylan keeps an eye out for danger
[20:36] <+Miri→ (oh i was so hoping for a grog moment lol)
[20:36] <Terres> (lol)
[20:36] <@Ash→ “Can't say that I do. Either it doesn't exist, or your more intune to magic than I am. I'm still figuring out all this magic stuff.”
[20:37] <Terres> “Anyway, lets look at that map again amybe we can figure out which way we are supposed to go”
[20:37] <Terres> (maybe*)
[20:38] * Miri- goes back to looking at the map.
[20:38] <DM_ToA> (looking at the map – roll investigation to see if you can suss out a path)
[20:38] <Terres> 1d20+3 investigation
[20:38] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑥)+3 'investigation ']: 9
[20:38] <+Miri→ 1d20+1
[20:38] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(⑨)+1]: 10
[20:39] * Terres scratches his beard and grumbles to himself
[20:39] * Ash- leans over Miri's shoulder to look at the map too.
[20:39] <@Ash→ 1d20+2 investigation
[20:39] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(⑨)+2 'investigation']: 11
[20:40] <@Ash→ “City maps are so much easier to figure out.”
[20:40] <Terres> (inching slowly towards a decent roll)
[20:40] * Miri- holds the map out “anyone else?”
[20:42] * Dylan looks at it
[20:42] <Kayalia> “Oh, not going to run away again if I come over to look at the map?”
[20:43] <Dylan> 1d20
[20:43] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(②)]: 2
[20:43] <Dylan> “Nope”
[20:43] <+Miri→ “I run away from everyone. it’s kind of what i do.”
[20:43] <Kayalia> 1d20 super-bad-investigation-modifier
[20:43] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑤) 'super-bad-investigation-modifier']: 5
[20:44] * Kayalia looks long and hard at the map. ”…Yep, its a map.”
[20:44] <Terres> (bahaha some people cant handle doors and we got stuck handling a map)
[20:45] <Stolanimus> 1d20 investigation
[20:45] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑫) 'investigation']: 12
[20:45] * Stolanimus looks on.
[20:46] <Terres> (are we even close to the DC?)
[20:46] * Stolanimus points at a spot in the south. Is that the city?
[20:46] <DM_ToA> (Stol was)
[20:48] * Miri- looks at the spot. “could be. Should we head that way then?”
[20:49] * Terres shrugs “might as well”
[20:50] <Dylan> “Good as any direction”
[20:51] <DM_ToA> You all gather up your gear and head south with the sun to your left.
[20:51] <DM_ToA> (Marching order?)
[20:51] <DM_ToA> (Anyone doing anything special?)
[20:51] <Dylan> (2nd or 3rd?)
[20:52] <Terres> ( going to be somewhere in the middle and concentrating on the magic pull if i can)
[20:52] <Stolanimus> (I can do wherever you want in the order. I’ve good perception)
[20:52] * Stolanimus moves along towards the front of the group.
[20:52] <+Miri→ (i’ll be first i guess)
[20:53] * Ash- also takes a middle position.
[20:54] * Stolanimus falls in behind Miri (2nd)
[20:55] <DM_ToA> 1d20
[20:55] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑯)]: 16
[20:58] <DM_ToA> The jungle is muted as you wander through it. Only the barest of sounds – twigs breaking, leaves rustling – make it through the green walls surrounding you.
[21:00] <Terres> “I dont think i like all this jungle”
[21:00] <DM_ToA> As you come around a bend, you are about thirty feet away from a plant that looks off…but oddly familiar.
[21:00] * Miri- takes a sip of her water “this heat is like being perminately in the kitchens”
[21:00] <DM_ToA> (anyone wishing to can roll nature)
[21:01] * Stolanimus eyes the plant.
[21:01] <@Ash→ 1d20+2 nature
[21:01] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(①)+2 'nature']: 3 (Sorry.)
[21:01] * Terres tuggs on his beard while he takes a look at the plant
[21:01] <Terres> 1d20 nature
[21:01] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑧) 'nature']: 8
[21:01] <DM_ToA> (Worst. Ranger. Ever.)
[21:01] <Stolanimus> 1d20 nature
[21:01] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑪) 'nature']: 11
[21:02] <@Ash→ (worst nature cleric ever)
[21:02] <Terres> ( oh we all know who is to blame, tol was messing with the bot last weekend)
[21:02] <Stolanimus> “That looks to be one of those carnivorous plants.”
[21:03] <Kayalia> 1d20 super-bad-nature-modifier
[21:03] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑤) 'super-bad-nature-modifier']: 5
[21:04] * Kayalia looks long and hard at a stick before concluding it may, have come from a tree.
[21:04] <DM_ToA> As you draw close…a cloud of greenish spores comes drifting out…
[21:04] <Terres> “That looks bad”
[21:04] <DM_ToA> (everybody! Gimmie a Wisdom saving throw DC 11)
[21:04] <Terres> 1d20+6 wis
[21:04] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑳)+6 'wis']: 26 (Magnificent.)
[21:05] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7 DC11 Wisdom save
[21:05] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑧)+7 'DC11 Wisdom save']: 15 (Success)
[21:06] <+Miri→ 1d20
[21:06] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(⑬)]: 13
[21:07] <@Ash→ 1d20+5 dc11
[21:07] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(②)+5 'dc11']: 7 (Fail)
[21:07] <@Ash→ (oh come on!)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> Kayalia Dylan – need Wisdom saving throws, please)
[21:09] <Kayalia> 1d20 super-bad-wis-modifier
[21:09] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑨) 'super-bad-wis-modifier']: 9
[21:11] <Kayalia> (Kaya: I have a dancer's body! I don't need to know… stuff..!)
[21:12] <DM_ToA> Kayalia and Ash – you have this urge to walk towards the plant… dancer's body and all)
[21:12] * Terres tries to grab(whoever is closer) if they take a step forward
[21:13] <DM_ToA> (Everyone else watches in horror as their companions walk to the plant, which is now beginning to sway back and forth)
[21:13] <DM_ToA> (Init!)
[21:13] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[21:13] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑭)+1 'init']: 15
[21:13] <Kayalia> 1d20+4 Dancer bod
[21:13] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑱)+4 'Dancer bod']: 22
[21:13] <+Miri→ 1d20
[21:13] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(②)]: 2
[21:14] <Terres> (wasnt Ash walking close to me, if so i will try to grab him and pull back)
[21:15] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[21:15] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(③)+2]: 5
[21:15] <DM_ToA> Ash – what's your AC without armor?)
[21:16] <@Ash→ 1d20 init
[21:16] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(②) 'init']: 2
[21:16] <@Ash→ (AC 16 with armor, 10 without)
[21:16] <DM_ToA> (what's your DEX modifier, Ash?)
[21:18] <DM_ToA> (never mind)
[21:19] <Terres> 1d20+3(unarmed i guess)
[21:19] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑤)+3 'i guess)']: 8
[21:19] <Terres> (and he walks past)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> Miri Dylan – need init rolls from you)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> (never mind Miri – see yours)
[21:21] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[21:21] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑩)+2]: 12
[21:22] <DM_ToA> (init: Kayalia*, Terres Audrey 2, Stolanimus Ash*, Dylan and Miri)
[21:23] <Terres> (so do i know that them walking toward is very bad?)
[21:23] <DM_ToA> Kayalia turns and walks with quick purpose towards the plant.
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (You've figured that out…since you cna now see some bones at the base of the plant)
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (Terres?)
[21:23] <Terres> ( who is closer to the plant?)
[21:24] <Terres> (of the 2 walking toward it)
[21:24] <Dylan> (ahh sorry, i kinda nodded off)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (Kay)
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (Roll Wis save, DC 11)
[21:25] <Dylan> (me?)
[21:25] * Kayalia walks ina daze toward the plant, dreaming of a cocktail bar poolside with shirtless baristas…
[21:25] * Terres casts “Command” at Kay
[21:25] <Terres> “Halt”
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[21:25] <Dylan> 1d20 dc 11
[21:25] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑰) 'dc 11']: 17
[21:25] <Terres> (wis save kay DC 14)
[21:26] <Dylan> (sorry these back to back 70+ hour weeks are catching up to me)
[21:26] <Dylan> (apparently , lol)
[21:27] <Terres> (wait are players considered creatures?)
[21:27] * Dylan grabs kay and pulls them back
[21:29] <DM_ToA> )Dylan, roll a to hit, AC 14. Kayalia roll Wisdom save, DC 14)
[21:29] <Dylan> 1d20 vs ac 14
[21:29] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑭) 'vs ac 14']: 14
[21:29] <Kayalia> 1d20 vs dc14
[21:29] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑳) 'vs dc14']: 20 (Critical success)
[21:30] <Terres> (now you succeed!)
[21:30] <Kayalia> (… :x)
[21:30] <DM_ToA> Kayalia shudders as the spell freezes her limbs, but the power of the plant is greater…but not a great as Dylan's grip.
[21:31] <Terres> Ash is stil sauntering toward the plant?)
[21:31] <DM_ToA> The plant whips its head around and lunges for Ash.
[21:31] <Dylan> “Someone grab ash?”
[21:32] <DM_ToA> roll 1d20+4
[21:32] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[21:32] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(②)+4]: 6
[21:32] <DM_ToA> It greatly mis judges the distance, bringing its fibrous maw down a couple of feet away from Ash.
[21:32] * Ash- saunders over towards the plant, an obvilious look on his face.
[21:32] <DM_ToA> Dylan and Miri)
[21:34] <+Miri→ (so both ash and kay are heading for the plant?)
[21:34] <Terres> (Kay got grabbed)
[21:34] <DM_ToA> (Kay is being handled in a manly fashion, Ash is still walking)
[21:34] * Miri- will reach out to try to stop kay.
[21:35] <DM_ToA> (roll to hit, AC 14)
[21:35] <Terres> (you mean ash)
[21:35] <DM_ToA> (AC 10, then)
[21:35] <Kayalia> .oO(Why is everyone trying to stop me from getting my poolside margarita!?)
[21:36] <+Miri→ (yes, ash, sorry)
[21:36] <DM_ToA> (on this episode of 'Coyote Ugly'…)
[21:36] <+Miri→ (what do i add if i’m just grabbing??)
[21:36] <Terres> (unarmed_
[21:36] <Terres> )
[21:37] <+Miri→ (and that would be what?!)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (unarmed – just a regular to-hit)
[21:37] <+Miri→ (just my strength mod or what??)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (1d20 plus Strength)
[21:37] <+Miri→ 1d20+
[21:37] <TolBot> Try [Number of rolls]#(Number of dice)d(Number of sides)±[Add/Subtract modifier]
[21:37] <+Miri→ 1d20+3
[21:37] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(⑨)+3]: 12
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (I assume you're not raging?)
[21:37] <+Miri→ (no)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> Miri lunges out and grabs Ash by the belt, hauling him back.
[21:38] <+Miri→ (and apperantly my keyboard hates me tonight, i keep typoying all over the palce)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> Round 2
[21:38] <Stolanimus> (did I skip?)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> (Sorry – you were supposed to be after Audrey 2 – my fault)
[21:39] <Terres> (rain fire upon that damned thing)
[21:39] <Stolanimus> (If we have controleld folks walking towards the plant, I was gonna cast entangle to stop them)
[21:39] <DM_ToA> (ok – you can cast)
[21:39] <Stolanimus> (so, what’s that situation? How many of our party are tranced-walking?)
[21:40] <Stolanimus> (how far are they from the plant? If they’re already in its range, no point)
[21:40] <Terres> (i think both walking were grabbed and just a few slaps short of getting back to us)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> Ash is in striking range, Kayalia is a few feet away – They are both currently not moving because of others)
[21:41] <Stolanimus> (ok, then)
[21:41] <Kayalia> Dylan grabbed himself an exotic dancer and Miri grabbed herself some Ashmeat)
[21:42] <@Ash→ (LOL)
[21:43] <@Ash→ (Well I am very Charismatic)
[21:43] <Terres> (and everyone is happy)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> Round 2
[21:43] * Stolanimus casts flame.
[21:43] <Stolanimus> 1d20+7
[21:43] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑭)+7]: 21
[21:43] <Stolanimus> 1d8 fire
[21:43] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d8(②) 'fire']: 2
[21:44] * Dylan starts moving Kay and himself back farther away from the plant
[21:44] <DM_ToA> A lance of plame spears the plant. It shivers once, trying to move leaves and limbs out of the way
[21:45] <DM_ToA> Dylan and Kayalia – contested Strength checks)
[21:45] <Kayalia> 1d20-1 str check
[21:45] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑤)-1 'str check']: 4
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (This should be easy)
[21:46] <Kayalia> (Kaya is a weakling lol)
[21:47] <DM_ToA> (Dylan?)
[21:47] <DM_ToA> (I'll stand in for Dylan)
[21:48] <Terres> (guess he passed out again)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:48] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑯)+3]: 19
[21:48] <DM_ToA> Kayalia's feet drag across the jungle floor, gaining no traction as Dylan holds her mountain-fast.
[21:48] <Dylan> (ah sorry wife was talking to me)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> Terres you're up)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> (As a married man, I can say this: it's OK to ignore her.)
[21:49] * Terres Scorching ray at the plant
[21:49] <Terres> 2#1d20+6
[21:49] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(②)+6]: 8
[21:49] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑪)+6]: 17
[21:50] <DM_ToA> (one hits)
[21:50] <Terres> 2d6
[21:50] <TolBot> Terres's 2d6(⚁⚁)]: 4
[21:50] <DM_ToA> One beam flashes off into the jungle – you hear a monkey screech in the distance. the other one burns a spot mear the base.
[21:51] <DM_ToA> Audrey 2 tries to engulf Dylan
[21:51] * elenah (elenah@sorcery-p583r2.10qq.giem.0ee0.2001.IP) has joined #grovewood
[21:51] * elenah (elenah@sorcery-p583r2.10qq.giem.0ee0.2001.IP) Quit (G-Lined)
[21:51] <DM_ToA> 1d20+4
[21:51] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮)+4]: 19
[21:52] <Terres> (Audrey?)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> The bulb lunges down and clamps on Dylan pitching him up in the air.
[21:53] <DM_ToA> Kayalia – make another Wisdom saving throw with advantage to break the spell)
[21:53] <Kayalia> (this is bad for me as well)
[21:53] <Kayalia> 1d20 adv
[21:53] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(11, 6) 'adv']: 11
[21:54] <Kayalia> (assuming the dc was higher than 11.. fail :( … )
[21:54] <DM_ToA> Kayalia – seeing Dylan get swallowed by the plant has shaken you out of the trance.
[21:55] <Kayalia> (or not??)
[21:55] <Terres> (DC was 11 )
[21:55] <Kayalia> (oh weeee)
[21:55] <Stolanimus> (me now?)
[21:55] <Kayalia> “Mmmmm Pedro.. not ther— wha?” Kaya looks around, confused.
[21:56] <DM_ToA> (Yes, Stol)
[21:56] <Dylan> 1d20
[21:56] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑧)]: 8
[21:57] * Stolanimus raising his hands as his eys rolls back into his head as a storm cloud forms in the air.
[21:57] * Stolanimus casts call lightning
[21:57] <Dylan> 1d20+3 DC 15
[21:57] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑱)+3 'DC 15']: 21
[21:57] <DM_ToA> (“Screw it, I'll kill everybody”)
[21:57] <Stolanimus> (Dex save DC15)
[21:57] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[21:57] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑩)+2]: 12
[21:58] <DM_ToA> (What's the damage?)
[21:58] <Stolanimus> 3d10 lightning damage
[21:58] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 3d10(②⑩⑦) 'lightning damage']: 19
[21:58] <DM_ToA> (oh)
[21:59] * Stolanimus remains watching, at a distance, concentrating.
[21:59] <Stolanimus> (there aren’t already storm clouds in the sky, right?)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> (no strom clouds, but there were enough other clouds nearby that you could pile on atop the other to make a storm cloud)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> Ash and Miri – make Strength checks)
[22:01] * Ash- continues to try walking towards the plant, even though Miri is holding him by the waist.
[22:01] <@Ash→ 1d20+1
[22:01] <+Miri→ 1d20+3
[22:01] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(⑩)+1]: 11
[22:01] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(⑪)+3]: 14
[22:01] * Miri- continues to hold tight and tries to pull him back away from the plant.
[22:01] <DM_ToA> Ash tries to pull forward, but the surprizingly tenatious Miri holds on.
[22:02] <DM_ToA> Dylan make Strength check at disadvantage, DC 15)
[22:02] <DM_ToA> Miri – your turn as well)
[22:04] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[22:04] <+Miri→ (i’m just gonna try to drag him backwards away from the plant)
[22:05] <Dylan> 1d20 dc 15
[22:05] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑱) 'dc 15']: 18
[22:09] <DM_ToA> Miri strains and pulls the struggling Ash back. Dylan manages to twist and turn enough to pull himself out of the plant.
[22:10] * Dylan swings his sword at the plant muttering a prayer
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (roll)
[22:10] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[22:10] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(②)+3]: 5
[22:11] <DM_ToA> Still dizzy from the lant – Dylan's swing goes rather wide.
[22:11] <Dylan> (actually +7 but still a miss)
[22:11] <DM_ToA> Round 3
[22:11] <DM_ToA> (Kayalia)
[22:12] * Dylan swings using divine smite
[22:12] <DM_ToA> (you get two attacks?)
[22:12] * Kayalia gets back to her senses.. somewhat… and tries to evaluate what would be the best place to attack…?
[22:12] <Kayalia> (There's how many plants? Any wounded?)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> (far away)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> (1 plant, Dylan looks wounded. Miri and Ash are still struggling)
[22:15] <Kayalia> (Anyone adjacent to it?)
[22:15] * Stolanimus continues concentrating on the cloud.
[22:15] <DM_ToA> Dylan is the closest)
[22:15] <Kayalia> (Just trying to figure out whether or not I get my precision damage for the enemy's attention being split)
[22:16] <Dylan> ( i need water brb)
[22:17] * Kayalia tries to attack the plant's “throat” to buy Dylan and the others time to get away from the plant. “Contemptuous thing!”
[22:17] <DM_ToA> (roll)
[22:17] <Kayalia> 1d20+8
[22:17] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(⑫)+8]: 20
[22:17] <DM_ToA> (dang! hit!)
[22:17] <Kayalia> (yay or nay on my sneak attack dice?)
[22:18] <DM_ToA> (yay)
[22:18] <Kayalia> 4d6+5
[22:18] <TolBot> Kayalia's 4d6(⚄⚂⚁⚀)+5]: 16
[22:18] <DM_ToA> (is that total damage?)
[22:18] <Kayalia> (yerr)
[22:18] <Dylan> (me roll?)
[22:18] <DM_ToA> (not yet)
[22:19] <Kayalia> (1d6+5 slashing and +3d6 sneak attack)
[22:19] * Kayalia then uses bopnus action to disengage and fall back.
[22:19] <Kayalia> (bonus*)
[22:19] * Kayalia [turn end]
[22:20] <DM_ToA> Kayalia darts up, leaping into the air with a feral grace. Her war fan catches the stalk under what would be the plant's “head” as it parts, white ichor flows freely from the gash.
[22:20] <DM_ToA> (Terres)
[22:20] * Terres casts Eldritch blast at the plant
[22:20] <Terres> (2 beams)
[22:21] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[22:21] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑨)+7]: 16
[22:21] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑭)+7]: 21
[22:21] <DM_ToA> (both hit)
[22:21] <Terres> 2#1d10+2
[22:21] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(④)+2]: 6
[22:21] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(②)+2]: 4
[22:22] <DM_ToA> The creature stiffens, then the edges of the leaves curl and blacken. The head comes down with a wet sound, dribbling white from the wound.
[22:23] <DM_ToA> (200 XP split amongst the lot of ye)
[22:23] <Terres> (so divided by 6)
[22:24] <+Miri→ (so 33 each?)
[22:24] <DM_ToA> (sounds right. Math is math)
[22:24] <+Miri→ (and then terres can have the extra two since he did the killing blow?)
[22:24] <DM_ToA> (If Terres agrees to it)
[22:25] <Terres> (naw, i want to keep my exp same as you guys so i can bug you in future to figure out how much we all ahve)
[22:25] <+Miri→ (lol ok)
[22:26] * Stolanimus sighs, keeping an eye on his storm cloud.
[22:26] <DM_ToA> (I'll take the extra two and apply them to the monkies)
[22:26] <+Miri→ (no)
[22:26] <DM_ToA> The cloud pitches and lurches, like a drunken tiger pacing a meal
[22:27] <Kayalia> (hey hey they're the monkies! they're just monkeying around!)
[22:27] * Miri- backs a few feet away from the group. “Well…onward?”
[22:28] * Ash- shakes his head as if wet or something was in his ears.
[22:28] <@Ash→ “What was that?”
[22:28] * Stolanimus will continue to maintain his could for 10 minutes until it dissipates.
[22:28] <Terres> (according to my calculations a we are at 9579 xp)
[22:28] <DM_ToA> (It's providing shade)
[22:28] * Kayalia leans her forehead and forearm against a tree. “Uhg I feel like I hav a hangover.”
[22:29] <Terres> (some might have 50 or so more for some bartering in town)
[22:29] <Kayalia> (I am at 9423 but I've missed some stuff…)
[22:30] <@Ash→ (10,523 here, which now seems very high)
[22:30] <DM_ToA> You continue on into the jungle…aware that a dozen eyes watch you.
[22:30] <Terres> ( i think i missed a session or two)
[22:31] * Terres takes a look at the pile of bones then folows the others
[22:31] <Dylan> (ok thats good)
[22:31] <DM_ToA> After ten minutes, the clouds roll on, bringing back the punishing sun.
[22:31] <Dylan> (because my sheet says 355000 xp, i thought that was a little high)
[22:32] <DM_ToA> (a touch)
[22:32] <+Miri→ (10,523 isn’t high i dont think.)
[22:33] <DM_ToA> As the sun crosses into the high point of the day… the only thing keeping you same is the water from the jug.
[22:33] * Stolanimus examines the jug as they journey on.
[22:33] <Stolanimus> “No more water comes out. It seems to give the water once a day.“
[22:34] <Dylan> ( i am going to need to find a better way to store my sheet than orcpub)
[22:34] <Terres> “Heh, next time we should ask for Ale”
[22:34] <+Miri→ (if i remember correctly, it gives up to an amount, and not just once a day)
[22:34] <+Miri→ “all Ale does is dehydrate you more.”
[22:34] <Kayalia> (1000 more than me seems a bit off just for me missing a fight or two! oh welll..)
[22:35] <Terres> (so the pile of bones at the foot of the plant are just random animals and nothing interesting?_
[22:36] <Terres> )
[22:36] <+Miri→ (last sunday we got 500 each xp at the end of the session)
[22:36] <DM_ToA> (nope)
[22:36] <+Miri→ (plus 100 a piece for the goblins we killed, so it’s really not that far off i dont think)
[22:37] <Terres> (ok then i continue with the others, waiting for time to rest)
[22:37] <Stolanimus> (i’m really liking OrcPub, Dylan.)
[22:37] <Kayalia> (icic)
[22:37] <Dylan> (me too, but apparently they have to take down non SRB content - whatever that means)
[22:38] <Terres> (didnt someone mention that orvpub is closing down because WoTC doesnt like competition)
[22:38] <Dylan> (srd)
[22:38] * Stolanimus fondles the jug chuckling, holding it up, “Ale, please.”
[22:38] <DM_ToA> As you walk on, you see a pile of charred bones by an old firepit.
[22:39] <DM_ToA> The sloshing in the jug gets lesser and lesser.
[22:39] * Terres examines the bones and the firepit
[22:39] * Kayalia makes a sour face at the bones. So much death in this jungle…
[22:39] <Terres> (investigation?)
[22:39] <DM_ToA> The bones look humanoid and there are deep scrapes at the tops and bottoms.
[22:39] <Stolanimus> Dylan you can add custom options, which can include all the 5e content.)
[22:39] <DM_ToA> (you can roll it)
[22:39] <Terres> 1d20+3
[22:39] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑳)+3]: 23 (Yahoo!)
[22:40] <Terres> (queue CSI montage)
[22:41] <Terres> “Poor bastard was eaten!, Damn jungle and the Cannibals”
[22:41] <Kayalia> (Whoooo are you)
[22:42] * Stolanimus lowers the jug from his mouth chuckling. “No ale.”
[22:42] <+Miri→ “well, you can always try again tomorrow.”
[22:43] <Terres> “We should keep a lookout for more cannibals”
[22:43] <@Ash→ “Well that's two doses of unfortunate right there.”
[22:44] <DM_ToA> As you all continue on, the sun begins to glide into the afternoon…
[22:46] <+Miri→ “i wonder if that was our guide.”
[22:46] <Kayalia> “Does this sort of stuff help with tracking where we afre on the map, to you all?”
[22:46] <DM_ToA> (someone can make a Investigation check to see if they're on the right path)
[22:47] * Miri- gets out the map and holds it out so all who want can look.
[22:47] <+Miri→ 1d20+1
[22:47] <TolBot> Miri-'s 1d20(⑧)+1]: 9
[22:47] <+Miri→ (same i got last time i think)
[22:47] <@Ash→ 1d20+2 (because why not)
[22:47] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(⑲)+2 '(because why not)']: 21
[22:48] <Terres> 1d20+3 Investigation
[22:48] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑩)+3 'Investigation']: 13
[22:48] <Terres> (miri should charge 50 silver to look at that map)
[22:49] <+Miri→ (she has the party funds anyways, she makes her way back to town she could leave ya’ll with shit :P)
[22:49] <Kayalia> “I mean, bad end or not, it looks like other people have come this way… does that mean we're near any landmarks, like a settlement or other destination people might head to?”
[22:49] * Stolanimus looks around.
[22:50] * Ash- studies the map long and hard.
[22:50] <Terres> “I dont think cannibal gnawed bones count as a landmark!”
[22:50] <Terres> “But in this part of the world who knows.”
[22:51] <Kayalia> (In my other D&D game we gave the party funds to the tabaxi… get it…? the kitty…)
[22:51] <DM_ToA> (I should deduct xp for that)
[22:51] <+Miri→ (lol that’s corny)
[22:51] <@Ash→ “So I think we're heading south at the moment, which means if we follow the river, we can get back to that basin with those unpleasant monkeys and the zombies.
[22:51] <Terres> (i dont get it)
[22:51] <+Miri→ “I hope getting another guide is worth it.”
[22:52] <Kayalia> Terres an old term for shared funds wasx 'kitty')
[22:52] <Dylan> “me too”
[22:53] <Terres> (note to self look up etymology of “the Kitty” after the game)
[22:54] <Terres> (is the magic pulsing getting stronger as we move southward?)
[22:54] <DM_ToA> (yes)
[22:54] * Ash- points in the direction of the river.
[22:55] <Terres> (can i roll another arcana check or is it too soon?)
[22:55] <DM_ToA> (you can roll again)
[22:55] <Terres> 1d20+3 Arcana
[22:55] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑬)+3 'Arcana']: 16
[22:56] <Kayalia> (https://www.etymonline.com/word/kitty says a 'kit' as in a wooden container for collecting things being associated with poker tossing chips into a pile or container as the betting pool)
[22:56] * Stolanimus follows along.
[22:56] <DM_ToA> The afternoon passes into dush without incident.
[22:57] * Terres walks up to Ash and points towards where he feels the maginc pulse “There can you feel the magic?”
[22:59] <@Ash→ 1d20+2 arcana
[22:59] <TolBot> Ash-'s 1d20(⑲)+2 'arcana']: 21
[23:00] <@Ash→ (Well maybe I can now)
[23:00] <Terres> (see… im not crazy)
[23:00] <@Ash→ (No you're crazy)
[23:00] <Stolanimus> 1d20 Arcana
[23:00] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑪) 'Arcana']: 11
[23:01] * Stolanimus looks in the direction of Terres attempting to sense.
[23:02] * Ash- stops and focuses a moment.
[23:03] <DM_ToA> Now, adding savage killer plants to their resume, our intrepid explorers press on into the forbidding jungle and the priomordial pulse that Terres is drawn towards and Ash finally perceives. Will they find the Lost City? Will they survive the heat? Will visiting a salad bar cause a panic attack? All these questions and more will be answered next week in “The Tomb of Annihilation” as this
[23:03] <DM_ToA> session ends.
[23:03] <@Ash→ “I thought that was just a pulsing headache from the plant, but I think I do feel a “direction”, kinda like the old lighthouse by the dock when I was a child.

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_16_-_7-29-2018.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/03 00:41 by ryubasteon