Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_03_-_4-29-2018

[20:09] <Harlequin_J_Ambush> When last we left – our group finally found a guide that could take them to the lost city of Omu…after a slight detour. While walking under the emerald canopy of Chult, something or someone shot two arrows, striking the druid Stolanimus Now, we being our adventure in The Tomb of Annihilation…*
[20:09] * Sentagur is now known as Terres
[20:09] <Harlequin_J_Ambush>
*and begins
[20:09] <Grovewood> (GAME START - Logging System is now Online.)
[20:09] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[20:09] * Harlequin_J_Ambush is now known as <DM_ToA
[20:10] <@Tolman> (I still haven’t finished processing the movie since Friday.)
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (Haven't seen the movie yet, probably go on Tuesday)
[20:11] * Shaddow is now known as Miri
[20:11] <DM_ToA> (if you're using magical weapons, please let me know)
[20:12] <Miri> (mine is magical)
[20:12] <Terres> (have a magic rod but i aint swinging it at things, dont want to scratch it)
[20:14] <Terres> (and to the people with firlthy minds… no that was not an inuendo!)
[20:14] <DM_ToA> (ok – init everybody)
[20:14] <Ash> 1d20
[20:14] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(8)]: 8
[20:14] <Miri> 1d20
[20:14] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(13)]: 13
[20:14] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2
[20:14] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(5)+2]: 7
[20:14] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[20:14] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(12)+1 'init']: 13
[20:16] <@Tolman> 1d20+2
[20:16] <TolBot> [Tolman's 1d20(9)+2]: 11
[20:16] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[20:16] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(20)+2]: 22 (You da man.)
[20:17] <Terres> (who got hit last weekend?)
[20:17] <Miri> (tol's character)
[20:19] <@Tolman> me
[20:19] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[20:19] <DM_ToA> (init as it stands: Dylan Miri and Terres Stolanimus Ash Slow and Mysterious Archer of Mystery. Waiting on: Kayalia)
[20:20] * Stolanimus stumbles from the force of the missiles he took.
[20:20] * May is now known as Kayalia
[20:21] <DM_ToA> Everyone looks around, but sees no archers visible.
[20:21] <Kayalia> (Sec checking init..)
[20:21] <Kayalia> 1d20+4 init
[20:21] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(9)+4 'init']: 13
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (init: Dylan Miri and Terres and Kayalia Stolanimus Ash Slow and Mysterious Archer of Mystery. Waiting on: Kayalia)
[20:22] <DM_ToA> (init: Dylan Miri and Terres and Kayalia Stolanimus Ash Slow and Mysterious Archer of Mystery.)
[20:22] <Kayalia> (This means we get to do a duo or trio attack!)
[20:23] <Terres> (if we had 2 more we could form voltron)
[20:23] <Kayalia> (X-slash it is!)
[20:23] <Miri> (kay your war fan is magical isnt it?)
[20:24] <DM_ToA> Dylan – you're up)
[20:24] <Kayalia> (My war fan *is* magic.)
[20:24] <Kayalia> (+1 and can knock people off their feet with a gust of wind twice per rest)
[20:25] * Dylan looks aorund
[20:25] <DM_ToA> (Dylan?)
[20:25] <Dylan> (is there something for me to hit?)
[20:25] <DM_ToA> (sorry)
[20:25] <DM_ToA> Roll perecption)
[20:26] <Dylan> 1d20
[20:26] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(10)]: 10
[20:27] <Dylan> (+1)
[20:29] <DM_ToA> Miri Terres and Laylaia, you're up once Dylan dictates his action)
[20:30] <Dylan> (do i see anything?)
[20:30] <DM_ToA> (check your PM)
[20:31] * Dylan points in a direction
[20:31] <Dylan> “That way”
[20:31] <Dylan> “Some sort of … animal?”
[20:31] * Dylan charges
[20:32] <DM_ToA> Dylan crashes into the brush
[20:32] <Kayalia> (laylaia..?)
[20:32] <Kayalia> (/slaps you)
[20:32] * Terres tries to duck behind a tree to take cover from direction Dylan pointed out, at the same time trying to determine what attacked them
[20:33] <Terres> 1d20+3 perception
[20:33] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(10)+3 'perception']: 13
[20:33] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[20:33] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(18)+3]: 21
[20:33] <DM_ToA> (hit)
[20:33] <DM_ToA> (What are you using, and is it magical?)
[20:33] <Dylan> (lemme check sheet)
[20:34] <Dylan> 1d10+4
[20:34] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d10(3)+4]: 7
[20:34] <Dylan> (yah im using my uhm magical sword)
[20:34] <DM_ToA> (+1?)
[20:34] <Dylan> (+2)
[20:35] <Dylan> (wait i got that wrong)
[20:35] <Dylan> 2d6+5
[20:35] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(9)+5]: 14
[20:35] <DM_ToA> (no,,,I liked the 7 beforehand)
[20:36] <Dylan> (it's actually 16 because my sheet doesn't include the +2 for magic)
[20:36] <DM_ToA> The creature howls as the blade cuts deep, drawing bright red blood.
[20:37] * Terres casts mage armor on himself then tries to move to a better spot to attack
[20:37] <DM_ToA> A flash of yellow, followed by a *ping* as arcane energy surrounds Terres
[20:37] * Kayalia had already spotted movement before, so she hones in on that location for more information on the enemy's identity and movements.
[20:38] <Kayalia> 1d20+2
[20:38] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(17)+2]: 19
[20:38] <Kayalia> (perception)
[20:38] <Stolanimus> 1d20+6 perception
[20:38] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(10)+6 'perception']: 16
[20:38] <DM_ToA> You see Dylan slashing at a half-man, half-tiger and scoring a hit.
[20:39] <Terres> (pls no backwards hands… pls no backwards hands)
[20:39] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus sees the same thing…roll arcanum)
[20:39] <DM_ToA> Kayalia doing anything as a bonus action?)
[20:39] <Stolanimus> 1d20+4 Arcana
[20:39] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(16)+4 'Arcana']: 20
[20:40] <DM_ToA> (Jeez…)
[20:40] <Kayalia> (looking used up my action?)
[20:40] <Stolanimus> (sorry, thought you meant me)
[20:40] <Miri> (have i seen what people are attacking or do i need to roll perception as well?)
[20:41] <Stolanimus> (distance of the creature?)
[20:41] <DM_ToA> Miri – you can easily figure out what's what)
[20:41] <DM_ToA> (distance is 20 ft.)
[20:41] <Kayalia> (but figuring out what was what ate my normal action?)
[20:42] * Miri will then whisper 'marshmallow' to light her sword and then rush at the creature to attack it, moving where she saw dylan move.
[20:42] <Miri> 1d20+4
[20:42] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(3)+4]: 7
[20:42] <Miri> (oh and i so miss)
[20:43] <DM_ToA> Miri charges in, roaring and swings wildly…scaring a monkey.
[20:43] <Stolanimus> (me now?)
[20:43] <Stolanimus> (or still Kay?)
[20:43] <DM_ToA> (Kay, are you going to do anything?)
[20:43] <Kayalia> (why did you ask if I am doing anything as a bonus action? I hadn't even taken a normal action afaik??? And I've asked 2x without a clarification…)
[20:44] <DM_ToA> (Sorry – state your action)
[20:44] <Kayalia> (I had an action and bonus action typed up until you said that.)
[20:44] * Kayalia pulls out her longbow, knocks an arrow, and lets loose a shot, also paying attentivness enough to her surroundings so as to be prepared for any incoming attacks. (attack action, dodge as rogue bonus action).
[20:44] <Kayalia> (sorry, hand crossbow. wrong character)
[20:44] <DM_ToA> (roll attack)
[20:44] <Kayalia> 1d20+6
[20:44] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(3)+6]: 9
[20:44] <Kayalia> (missed anyhow)
[20:44] * Stolanimus turns, spotting the creature.
[20:45] <Kayalia> (also realized I can't dodge as a rogue that's monk)
[20:45] <Kayalia> (bangs head on desk repeatedly)
[20:45] <DM_ToA> The bolt whistles harmlessly wide, sticking in a tree.
[20:45] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[20:45] <Ash> (Rogues I think are Dash, Disengage, and Hide)
[20:45] <Kayalia> (thats correct ash)
[20:45] * Stolanimus growls, “Lycanthrope…” which voice turns gruffer as he morphs into a Dire Wolf (bonus action) and then advances to attack.
[20:46] <Kayalia> (what exactly is the hide action in 5e anyways?)
[20:46] <Stolanimus> 1d20+5
[20:46] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(1)+5]: 6 (Yikes!)
[20:46] <Stolanimus> (bite attack. was actually +6. but no matter)
[20:47] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus's body flows into a wolfen shape and he springs with a snarl… and sails over Dylan and the tiger-man.
[20:47] <Ash> (Basically using stealth if you are unobserved)
[20:47] <DM_ToA> Ash you're up)
[20:47] <Kayalia> (I wonder if I could do that here to like hide behind a tree or something lol)
[20:48] * Ash mumbles words of Bane to weaken the creature (DC 12 Cha save)
[20:49] <DM_ToA> Ash mumbles a word that makes the air around the tiger shimmer like a heat wave.
[20:49] <DM_ToA> (anything else, Ash?)
[20:49] <Ash> (If it failed it's save, it takes -1d4 on each attack and save it makes for the next minute)
[20:50] <Ash> 1d4+2 healing word on Stolanimus
[20:50] <TolBot> Ash's 1d4(3)+2 'healing word on Stolanimus']: 5
[20:50] <Ash> (done)
[20:50] <DM_ToA> The tiger-man scrambles to his feet, snarling at the bleeding wound and lashes out at Dylan with two angry swipes of its paws…
[20:51] <Stolanimus> (note: my Dire Wolf form looked completely unharmed)
[20:51] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5
[20:51] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(10)+5]: 15
[20:51] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5
[20:51] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(5)+5]: 10
[20:51] <Ash> (Well then I was too late on the healing. Rookie adventurer mistake)
[20:51] <DM_ToA> 1d4
[20:51] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d4(2)]: 2
[20:51] <Stolanimus> (meta: when I shift into animal form, its HPs are separate from my normal form.)
[20:51] <DM_ToA> 1d4
[20:51] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d4(3)]: 3
[20:52] <DM_ToA> (13 and 7 to Dylan – any hits?)
[20:52] <Dylan> (uhmm no to the second)
[20:53] <Dylan> (double nope)
[20:53] <DM_ToA> The tiger swipes out, but Dylan ducks and weaves out of the way.
[20:53] <DM_ToA> (top of the order)
[20:54] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[20:54] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(5)+2]: 7
[20:54] <Dylan> (miss)
[20:54] <DM_ToA> Dylan snaps a thrust out, but the tiger bounds aside.
[20:54] <DM_ToA> Miri Terres and Kayalia)
[20:55] * Miri will swipe at the tiger-man with her sword again.
[20:55] <Miri> 1d20+4
[20:55] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(4)+4]: 8
[20:55] * Kayalia drops the crossbow rather than loading another shot into it, and instead joins the melee, hoping to target the creature's weak points while it is focused on multiple attackers.
[20:55] <DM_ToA> Miri – nope)
[20:56] * Miri growls and twitches.
[20:56] <Kayalia> 1d20+7 melee +1 warfan
[20:56] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(3)+7 'melee +1 warfan']: 10
[20:56] <Kayalia> (>.<)
[20:56] * Terres positions himself for a cast and fires off an Eldritch blast
[20:56] <DM_ToA> Kayalia swings hard… but the tiger magaes to duck away from both attacks.
[20:56] <Terres> (you said disacvantage for me?)
[20:57] <DM_ToA> (Umm…yeah, unless you want to get into melee range)
[20:57] <Terres> 1d20+5 disadvantage
[20:57] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(17, 14)+5 'disadvantage']: 19
[20:57] <DM_ToA> (or…you can hit, that;s fine too)
[20:57] <Terres> 1d10+2 force damage(if that hit)
[20:57] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(6)+2 'force damage(if that hit)']: 8
[20:59] <DM_ToA> The tiger smiles at Kayalia's failed attack, but gets a face full of magic energy. He stumbles back, hissing in frustration.
[20:59] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[20:59] * Stolanimus -wolf bites the creature.
[20:59] <Stolanimus> 1d20+6 bite attack
[20:59] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(4)+6 'bite attack']: 10
[21:00] <Stolanimus> (who made this bot? grr)
[21:00] <Terres> (getting a drink brb)
[21:00] <Kayalia> (we're rolling a lot of 3, 4, and 5s tonight…)
[21:00] <DM_ToA> Stol's jaws open wide…and clack together painfully, not finding any tasty meat…
[21:00] <DM_ToA> Ash – save them)
[21:00] <Ash> (DC 12 Dex save)
[21:00] * Ash calls down a Sacred Flame
[21:01] <Ash> 1d8 radiant damage if it hits
[21:01] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(7) 'radiant damage if it hits']: 7
[21:01] <Ash> (end turn)
[21:01] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2 DEX
[21:01] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(17)+2 'DEX']: 19
[21:01] <DM_ToA> 1d20+2-1d4
[21:01] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(8)+2-1d4(2)]: 8
[21:01] <Ash> (boo)
[21:01] <Ash> (Yay!)
[21:02] <Terres> (is back)
[21:02] <DM_ToA> Ash says something lost in the roar of the flame…which misses the wolf but engulfs the tiger completely.
[21:03] <DM_ToA> The smouldering tiger presses forward at Dylan.
[21:03] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5-1d4
[21:03] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(11)+5-1d4(4)]: 12
[21:03] <DM_ToA> 1d20+5-1d4
[21:03] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(13)+5-1d4(1)]: 17
[21:03] <Dylan> (miss and hit)
[21:04] <DM_ToA> 1d8+3
[21:04] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(5)+3]: 8
[21:05] <Stolanimus> (wait… I have pact tactics
[21:05] <DM_ToA> The first swipe misses narrowly, forcing a little scent of burning fur into your nose…as your eyes water, the second swipe tears across chin…inches away from your throat.
[21:05] <Stolanimus> (which gives me advantage to attack if another is attacking it.)
[21:05] <Stolanimus> (can I still roll?)
[21:05] * Terres cheers at the sight of flambe tiger and yells“ Ash i like my portion well done”
[21:05] <DM_ToA> (this round)
[21:05] <Stolanimus> 1d20+6 bite attack
[21:05] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(9)+6 'bite attack']: 15
[21:06] <DM_ToA> (hit, roll damage)
[21:06] <Ash> “Well then tell the ladies to go slow killing it, so it has more time to burn for attacking us.”
[21:06] <Stolanimus> 2d6+4 piercing, counts as magic
[21:06] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d6(6)+4 'piercing, counts as magic']: 10
[21:07] <DM_ToA> brb
[21:07] <Stolanimus> (and DC13 STR save or be tripped prone)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3-1d4 DC 13
[21:09] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(4)+3-1d4(3) 'DC 13']: 4
[21:10] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus's jaws lock onto the hamstring, pulling it down to the ground with a growl
[21:11] <DM_ToA> (top of the order, Dylan)
[21:12] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[21:12] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(3)+2]: 5
[21:13] <Dylan> (miss)
[21:14] <DM_ToA> Dylan lines up a stab to teh face, but Stol's well timed pull drags the creature down.
[21:14] <DM_ToA> Miri Terres and Kaylaia – the Terror Trio – you're up)
[21:14] * Miri growls and goes into a rage and reckless attacks the creature
[21:14] <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
[21:14] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(20, 1)+4 'adv']: 24 (Nailed it!)
[21:15] <Kayalia> 1d20+7 slash
[21:15] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(8)+7 'slash']: 15
[21:15] <Miri> 4d6+6 slashing
[21:15] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(22)+6 'slashing']: 28
[21:15] <Miri> 4d6 fire
[21:15] <TolBot> Miri's 4d6(13) 'fire']: 13
[21:15] <Kayalia> (I love how extreme miri's rolls were… 20 and 1)
[21:15] <Miri> (41 total damage)
[21:15] <Kayalia> (also dayum)
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (Holy…)
[21:16] <Terres> ( you have a magic truck as a weapon?)
[21:16] <Miri> (also, his next attack against me gets advantage)
[21:16] <Miri> (well it was a crit, so that's double the dice right?)
[21:17] <DM_ToA> (Kay – damage?)
[21:17] <Kayalia> (you didn't acknowledge I hit. sorry. rolling now..)
[21:18] <Kayalia> 3d6+4 warfan sneak attack
[21:18] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(10)+4 'warfan sneak attack']: 14
[21:19] <Stolanimus> (me?)
[21:19] * Terres casts another Eldritch blast
[21:19] <Terres> 1d20+5 disadvantage
[21:19] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(7, 2)+5 'disadvantage']: 7
[21:19] <Terres> (was too much to hope twice)
[21:20] <DM_ToA> Miri lets out a roar, flecks of spittle dripping from the corners of her mouth as she winds up to swing…dragging the flaming blade across his midsection. The smell off burning offal and cooking meat hits all of your noses…Kayalia swings up, catching the tiger by the chin and cracking his head back to an unnatural angle…Terres says a word of eldricht power…that sends a dazzle of light
[21:20] <DM_ToA> overhead of everyone.
[21:20] <DM_ToA> (Stol)
[21:20] <Stolanimus> 1d20+6 advantage bite attack
[21:20] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(17, 5)+6 'advantage bite attack']: 23
[21:21] <DM_ToA> (roll damage)
[21:21] <Stolanimus> 2d6+4 piercing, counts as magic
[21:21] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 2d6(5)+4 'piercing, counts as magic']: 9
[21:21] <Stolanimus> (and already prone)
[21:22] <DM_ToA> Stolanimus leaps on the tiger, clamps his jaws arond the exposed throat. Once, twice…three times he shakes his back and forth – pulling back bloddy and dripping meat as the tiger's life ends in a wet gurgle.
[21:22] * Stolanimus spits the meat onto the ground.
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (…and here I was worried that this would be a cake walk for the were-tiger)
[21:23] <Kayalia> :o
[21:24] <Ash> “What the heck was that thing?”
[21:24] * Miri whispers “marshmallow” and sheethes her sword for now, taking a few deep breaths.
[21:24] <Kayalia> “Some kind of… tiger … person?”
[21:24] <DM_ToA> The jungle goes quiet as the tiger shape shimmers and shrinks, shedding hair, fangs and claws to resemble a young man with a savage bite scar on his side.
[21:25] <Terres> “Any signs of why it attacked us or if someone sent it ?”
[21:25] <Miri> (brb)
[21:26] <Kayalia> “Oh… dear… I didn't think we were fighting a villager. This is strange.”
[21:27] <DM_ToA> Eku peers out from behind a large tree. “Is it safe?”
[21:27] * Kayalia kneels down and checks the body for personal effects.
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (roll investigation)
[21:27] <Miri> (back)
[21:27] <Ash> “It appears to be, but stay put for a moment longer in case this kid had friends.”
[21:27] <Kayalia> “Unless you don't like seeing dead bodies. I don't, anyway.”
[21:28] <Dylan> “Oh question”
[21:28] <Dylan> “So, did this .. animal shoot arrows at us?”
[21:28] <DM_ToA> (everyone gets 500 xp)
[21:29] * Stolanimus walks the perimeter, watching and sniffing.
[21:30] <DM_ToA> (roll perception with advantage, Stol)
[21:30] <Kayalia> (do I find anything on his posession that would indicate he was able to fire projectiles at some point?)
[21:30] <Miri> (you never rolled investigation)
[21:30] <DM_ToA> (Yes, you see his bow and a quivr about 35 arrows)
[21:31] <DM_ToA> (The fletching matches the arrows Stol was struck with)
[21:31] <Kayalia> “Looks like a bow and a quiver of arrows here. He might have very well been the one. But keep looking to be safe, okay?”
[21:32] <Stolanimus> 1d20+6 adv perc
[21:32] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(6, 4)+6 'adv perc']: 12
[21:32] <Stolanimus> (sorry was afk)
[21:33] <Kayalia> (Is that the only piece of information I gleam from searching the body and surrounding area?)
[21:33] <Terres> (you need to roll investigation i think)
[21:33] <Kayalia> 1d20+2
[21:33] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(7)+2]: 9
[21:33] <DM_ToA> (just the scimitar and the archery kit)
[21:34] <DM_ToA> As you look around Kayalia…you get the impression this thing was not looking for treasure, but for food.
[21:35] * Kayalia sighs and rises to her feet. “You alright, Miri?”
[21:35] * Miri tilts her head at kay. “i'm fine…why?”
[21:35] * Ash looks around the area with a nervous uneasiness.
[21:38] <Kayalia> “I don't know… you were all 'grr' and 'arrrg' and now you've been quiet. I feel like if I took your mood for granted, I'd miss it if something really bothering you. Don't mind me…. I'm being weird, I guess.”
[21:38] <DM_ToA> Eku steps out from behind the tree. “We should get to Orulunga soon. We can stay at one of the foreigner camps overnight if we push on.”
[21:39] * Miri shrugs “i'm usually quiet.”
[21:39] <DM_ToA> A couple of birds begin chirping.
[21:39] * Terres gets ready to resume the travel
[21:39] <Dylan> “Yea, lets push forward”
[21:39] <Kayalia> “Fair enough. I can be at times, too, I guess. Let's go.”
[21:39] * Miri nods and heads out with the others.
[21:39] <Terres> (are the weapons this thing had looking like they might be worth something?)
[21:40] <Ash> “Indeed, let's press on, in case this thing had friends.”
[21:41] * Stolanimus -Dire-wolf moves ahead with its large hulkish frame, weaving back and forth across the path in front of the group as we move along. (actually is a ‘large’/2 square wide creature)
[21:42] * Kayalia eyes the large, but apparently non-threatening animal wandering around. “Haste would be a bad idea if its friends were planning to ambush us, right? Let's be careful.”
[21:42] <DM_ToA> The jungle heat swelters and punishes you for moving.
[21:44] <DM_ToA> Every now and then, Eku stops and looks around.
[21:45] <Terres> 1d20+2 vs dc15
[21:45] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(18)+2 'vs dc15']: 20 (Success)
[21:45] <DM_ToA> “Yes. Yes – this is the right way.”
[21:45] <Stolanimus> 1d20+4 DC15
[21:45] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(2)+4 'DC15']: 6 (Fail)
[21:47] <Terres> (yaay i won)
[21:47] <DM_ToA> Eku continues on ahead in a quick fashion, like the heat has no effect to her.
[21:47] <DM_ToA> (anyone here wearing metal armor?)
[21:47] <Miri> (not me)
[21:48] <Terres> (mor of a grunge armor myself)
[21:48] <Ash> (Yes, ring mail. I have fire resistance however, as I am a tiefling)
[21:49] <DM_ToA> (ok, to Ash Terres take a point of psychic point of damage for that statement)
[21:50] <Terres> (ouch)
[21:51] <Terres> (someone doesnt like pearl jam)
[21:52] <DM_ToA> The sun continues on its trek across the sky. You keep the river to your left – the water inviting you to cool off.
[21:53] <Terres> (what happened with that arcana check or did i miss it?)
[21:54] <DM_ToA> )PM'ed)
[21:55] * Terres leans against a nearby tree and closes his eyes for a few seconds like he is listening to something
[21:56] * Kayalia eyes Terres but keeps moving. He talks to trees now. Okay.
[21:57] <Miri> (how long we been walking since the fight?)
[21:57] * Terres points towards north northwest and says “I feel a pulse of magic from that direction”
[21:57] <DM_ToA> (two hours)
[21:58] * Terres opens hes eyes and continues walking but keeps his eyes looking in the direcction of magic pulses
[21:58] * Stolanimus morphs into his humanoid form along the way.
[21:58] <Miri> “should we investigate?”
[21:58] * Stolanimus has an arrow stuck in his torso.
[21:59] <Ash> “Why didn't you remove this thing 2 hours ago?”
[21:59] * Stolanimus spits a little blood.
[21:59] <Terres> “It is not very strong so it might be distant, and i think it might be better to find this camp so we can overnight there”
[22:00] <Stolanimus> “When I change… my body changes into the natural form.“
[22:00] <DM_ToA> “If we hurry, we can get to the camp before sun down.”
[22:00] * Kayalia continues to fan herself off to fight the heat, whilst listening to the conversation.
[22:00] * Ash pulls out one of his recently acquired healer's kits, and heads over to Stolanimus
[22:00] <Stolanimus> “When I return, it is as if I hadn’t left.”
[22:00] * Dylan watches
[22:00] * Stolanimus pauses.
[22:00] <Stolanimus> “I wanted to keep watch for a time. The wolf is a great watcher.”
[22:00] <Ash> “This is going to suck, but first take a look at that tree over there.”
[22:00] <Kayalia> “Eku, how much farther do you think the village is?”
[22:00] * Ash points at a tree.
[22:01] * Terres asks their guide if she knows what might be in that direction
[22:01] * Ash pulls the arrow out when Stolanimus is distracted, and then starts packing the wound.
[22:02] <Stolanimus> “Ugh.“
[22:02] <Ash> 1d6+8 healing
[22:02] <TolBot> Ash's 1d6(6)+8 'healing']: 14
[22:02] <DM_ToA> You hear a couple of limbs shake overhead, like something is bounding onto them.
[22:03] <Stolanimus> “Thank you, sir”
[22:03] * Terres looks up at the noise
[22:03] * Ash looks up
[22:04] <DM_ToA> (roll perception)
[22:04] <Terres> 1d20+3 perc
[22:04] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(10)+3 'perc']: 13
[22:04] * Miri pulls her sword out but doesn't light it yet.
[22:05] * Stolanimus looks up.
[22:05] <Stolanimus> 1d20+6
[22:05] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(7)+6]: 13
[22:06] <Ash> 1d20+2
[22:06] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(6)+2]: 8
[22:06] <DM_ToA> (anyone rolling above a nine sees three monkeys jumping from limb to limb overhead…and stopping to wave their tails.)
[22:06] <DM_ToA> Ash – you get sweat in your eyes)
[22:06] <Ash> (Oh crap, we're in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!!!)
[22:07] <Miri> (hey, that's an under-rated movie :P)
[22:07] <Ash> (It's the first movie as an adult I fell asleep watching in a theater.)
[22:07] * Stolanimus studies the monkies.
[22:07] <Kayalia> (poorly rated, bot under-rated)
[22:07] <Kayalia> (not*)
[22:08] <DM_ToA> (an insult to the pulp genre. Anyone who agrees with me gets a free level)
[22:08] <Kayalia> (woot leveled up)
[22:08] <Terres> (lol)
[22:08] <Miri> (i was making a joke yo)
[22:09] <Miri> (but much like jurasic world, even tho it's bad, i still like it. and now why i hang out with you all makes sense! :P)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (What will y'all do?“
[22:10] <Kayalia> (jurassic world wasnt that bad)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> Eku looks up, watches the monkeys hop…waiting…
[22:11] <Terres> “What do those fallas want?”
[22:11] <Miri> “are we going to look at monkeys all day or get on with it?”
[22:11] <DM_ToA> “Su-monsters…very dangerous.”
[22:12] <Ash> “Is that what they call monkeys around here?”
[22:12] <Terres> “Su-monsters??”
[22:13] * Stolanimus mumbles to himself, as if committing to memory, …”su monster”
[22:13] <DM_ToA> Eku taps her head. “They hurt you here…then eat you. Bury what's left for later. Come. This way.”
[22:13] <DM_ToA> She starts to go through the brush away from the river.
[22:14] * Miri follows the guide.
[22:14] * Dylan mouths the words
[22:14] * Terres shruggs and follows
[22:15] * Kayalia skips ahead enough to catch up to Eku.
[22:18] <DM_ToA> A couple more hours pass – with no monkeys – and the jungle begins to thin slightly. In the middle distance, you see poles thrust into the ground capped with skulls.
[22:19] * Dylan eyes the skulls
[22:19] <Terres> (human skulls?)
[22:19] <Dylan> “gruesome”
[22:19] <Miri> “effective”
[22:19] <Ash> “Ugh”
[22:20] <DM_ToA> (human, elf, dwarf)
[22:20] <Terres> “message received!”
[22:21] <Stolanimus> (ok, this is the second indiana jones movie I think)
[22:21] <DM_ToA> “We press on.”
[22:21] <DM_ToA> (No…you haven't had dinner yet)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> Eku points ahead, steering further into the jungle and away from the cooling river.
[22:22] <Miri> (i think the dm keeps trying to lure us to our deaths in the water )
[22:23] <Ash> (Come for a swim with our exotic wildlife. Every swim is an adventure in survival.)
[22:24] <DM_ToA> (No – you can die on land if you wish)
[22:24] * Terres looks at Eku “Do you know who put up those poles?”
[22:24] <DM_ToA> ”“Biting Ant tribe.”
[22:25] <DM_ToA> Eku makes a motion about hip high. “Batiri…you say…goblin?”
[22:25] <DM_ToA> As you step over a log, you are all overcome by the smell of rot.
[22:26] <DM_ToA> “Ehh! Gods of sky and sea!”
[22:27] * Terres covers his mouth and nose with his sleve “What is that smell?”
[22:27] * Miri recoils a bit from the smell, and pinches her nose.
[22:28] * Stolanimus shakes his head.
[22:28] * Dylan covers his nose
[22:28] <Dylan> “Yuck”
[22:29] * Kayalia munches on dried dates that she's sneaking from her messenger bag at her hip.
[22:29] <Ash> “That smells bad, but I've smelled worse.”
[22:29] <Kayalia> “You'd think I'd lose my apetite with this smell, but I'm starving.”
[22:30] <DM_ToA> On the far end of the log, there is the rotting body of a dwarf. You can't really tell how long it's been there because of the conditions, but you can tell what killed it. Three large puncture wounds in the chest – each hole the size of a human's fist.
[22:30] <Kayalia> “Didn't see that. Didn't see that.”
[22:31] <Terres> “poor bastard”
[22:31] * Miri looks at the hole and grins “i wanna be able to do that someday. that's sweet”
[22:32] <DM_ToA> On one bloated hand, you can see a ring.
[22:33] <Ash> “That's not sweet.”
[22:33] * Kayalia slaps her hand against Miri's arm in response to that comment, and then skips ahead a few paces.
[22:34] <Miri> (you know your character has taken on a life of it's own when their comments make you slightly ill :D )
[22:34] * Stolanimus stares at the creature corpse.
[22:34] * Miri takes a closer look at the ring, ignoring the slap against her arm.
[22:35] <Terres> (so 3 pincture wounds to the chest, can i make out what kind have done that damage)
[22:35] <DM_ToA> (looks like a stone ring, polished very nice with metal inlaid)
[22:36] * Terres takes a better look at the dwarf and ant the ring
[22:36] <Miri> “Hey can anyone tell if this ring is magical or not?”
[22:37] <Ash> “Maybe tomorrow”
[22:38] <DM_ToA> Eku turns to Kayalia “You asked about village? Village is another day from here. I want to get to Camp Righteous to stay there overnight. Too dangerous for foreigners to stay out.”
[22:38] <Stolanimus> “Give it to Ash for now.“
[22:38] <Kayalia> “How far until that camp?”
[22:38] <DM_ToA> “We press on, get there by night fall.”
[22:39] <DM_ToA> Miri – due to the bloating of the body, the only way to get that ring is to cut off the finger.
[22:39] <Miri> “Am i cutting this dude's finger to get this ring or are we leaving it?”
[22:39] <Kayalia> “I'd like to not be in the forrest at night, so any delays here seem a bad choice… but its not like I can force them to stop poking that body with sticks, or whatever they're doing back there.”
[22:40] <Stolanimus> “Take the ring.”
[22:41] <Miri> “ok” gets out a dagger and cuts the finger off and then slips the ring free and drops the finger, and holds the ring out to Ash.
[22:41] <DM_ToA> The dagger cuts through the tissue, releasing more of that wonderful wet rot smell.
[22:42] <DM_ToA> “We need to get moving.”
[22:42] * Miri wipes the dagger and her hand on a bit of grass then puts the dagger away as she prepares to follow the group again.
[22:43] * Ash shakes his head. “I hope it's worth it.”
[22:43] <DM_ToA> Ash you ast detect magic?)
[22:43] <Ash> (Can't until tomorrow, as I mentioned.)
[22:44] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[22:44] <Ash> (Need to prepare new exciting spells…like detect undead, detect poison, detect fence, and detect magic)
[22:44] <Miri> (detect fence? lol
[22:44] <Miri> )
[22:44] <DM_ToA> (detect plotpoint)
[22:45] <Ash> (I'll just use my MetaKnowledge skill for that.)
[22:45] <DM_ToA> Eku starts moving ahead.
[22:45] <Miri> (quick, someone bingewatch all of tomb of Aniliation (i can't spell :P) )
[22:45] <DM_ToA> “We need to cross river to get to camp.”
[22:46] * Terres picks up the pace following the gude
[22:46] * Stolanimus approaches the water.
[22:47] <Ash> “Hey can you turn into a ridable scary aquatic thing that nothing would want to mess with?”
[22:47] <Miri> (i just realized i missed a bonus attack earlier, oh well)
[22:47] * Ash looks at Stolanimus a little hopeful.
[22:47] <Stolanimus> “I can“
[22:47] * Stolanimus moves to the bank, and morphs.
[22:48] * Dylan watches
[22:48] <DM_ToA> (Umm – y'all aren't near the river yet. She's telling you that she will need to cross the river to get to the camp)
[22:49] <Stolanimus> (ok, hold that then)
[22:49] <Stolanimus> “I can, when the time comes.”
[22:50] <Kayalia> “How fat to the river?”
[22:50] <Kayalia> far*
[22:50] <DM_ToA> The jungle has finally thickened back out away from the goblin camp. The rush of water is distant, but not completely absent. The jungle is not silent, but full of chirps and howls – apparently the sun doesn't seem to affect them like it does you.
[22:50] <DM_ToA> “Not far. We find flat point and cross there, then come up to camp. Roundabout, but easier.”
[22:51] <Kayalia> “We won't have to wade into the water, will we?”
[22:51] * Kayalia complains a little.
[22:52] <Miri> “it's not like you are so sweet you'll melt if you get wet ya know.”
[22:52] <Kayalia> “Mmm, you don't know that,” Kaya shoots back and throws in a sultry wink.
[22:53] * Miri smirks.
[22:53] <Terres> “The heat seem to be getting to them”
[22:53] <DM_ToA> Eku looks over her shoulder. “There are far worse things in the water than on land.”
[22:53] <Dylan> “That's not good”
[22:54] <DM_ToA> More crashing overhead
[22:54] <Terres> (has she met Miri :)
[22:54] * Terres looks up
[22:54] * Stolanimus looks in the direciton of the crashing.
[22:54] * Ash looks up for more brain monkeys.
[22:55] * Kayalia crosses her arms, looking around nervously.
[22:56] * Dylan waits to see what the crashing is
[22:57] * Miri readies her sword once more. not lighting it for now.
[22:57] <Stolanimus> (getting late)
[22:57] <DM_ToA> You see three monkeys – looking awfully familiar – hopping overhead.
[22:57] <Stolanimus> “They’re following us.
[22:58] <Kayalia> “Maybe they're friendly neighborhood monkeys, swinging from branch to branch, watching over us, like forrest angels?”
[22:58] <DM_ToA> Being chased by monkey who will hopefully just fling poo and leave – this episode of Tomb of Annihilation comes to a close.
[22:58] <Miri> )
[22:58] <DM_ToA> tonights session comes to a close
[22:59] * Stolanimus is now known as Tolman
[22:59] <Terres> well now we know fur sure the monkesy are trouble
[22:59] <@Tolman>
As this session comes to a close **

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_03_-_4-29-2018.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/03 00:34 by ryubasteon