Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:tmg:session_9_-_6-07-2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

campaigns:tmg:session_9_-_6-07-2015 [2020/02/26 16:37] (current)
ryubasteon created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[20:29] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (We'll start at the crime scene)
 +[20:30] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Agent Talon looks around again after dismissing the witnesses. ​ "​Remember the good old days when it was just either sex or cannibalism?"​
 +[20:32] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon takes another picture and presses some spots on his keypad. ​ "​I'​m sending the pictures to Dr. Braun. ​ Maybe he can give us some info before he lands."​
 +[20:33] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ hopefully
 +[20:33] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (gah) "​Hopefully he can, more information would be nice..."​
 +[20:34] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The other police mill around, taking pictures and waiting for the ME to show up.
 +[20:35] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Agent Talon puts his phone back in his pocket. ​ "So -- no panic button. ​ What do your consultants say?"
 +[20:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Cannibalism... I remember that one we where on... That sicko added a whole new layer to '​eating her out'"​ (Sorry.. Couldn'​t help myself...)
 +[20:36] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon shakes his head.  "​Moving on..."
 +[20:38] <​@MaGy_ST>​ The ME -- a pale man with a somber look, comes in with the body bag and stretcher. ​ He looks at the agent, then to Akuma and back to the body.  He shrugs his shoulders and gets to the body.
 +[20:38] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The ME -- a pale man with a somber look, comes in with the body bag and stretcher. ​ He looks at the agent, then to Akuma and back to the body.  He shrugs his shoulders and gets to the body.
 +[20:39] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Julius? ​ Have any questions? ​ Want to examine anything?)
 +[20:42] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Crichton? ​ Anyone?)
 +[20:42] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Hello?)
 +[20:42] <​@Kya-the-cute>​ (hi)
 +[20:44] <​+Julius>​ [hi]
 +[20:44] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Julius -- did you want to examine the scene?)
 +[20:44] <​@Kya-the-cute>​ (Well the Winter Court is well represented in the responses. ​ /me ooc high fives Julius)
 +[20:44] <​+Julius>​ [sure]
 +[20:44] <​+Julius>​ [/me high fives]
 +[20:46] <​+Julius>​ [ill look around the body]
 +[20:46] * Tasso is now known as `peter
 +[20:46] * +`peter bends over near the tree and vomits.
 +[20:48] * +`peter retches again and takes to a knee for balance.
 +[20:48] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Peter looks pale, even after he purges his stomach of everything since this morning -- with the scent of bile comes the tang of fruit.
 +[20:49] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon helps Peter to his feet.  "Come on -- let me get you to the car.  Officer... could you get this man some water?"​
 +[20:50] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon'​s phone buzzes, and he hands it to Akuma. ​ "It should be Braun."​
 +[20:50] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon guides Peter up the trail.
 +[20:51] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (let me head on over to Kya)
 +[20:51] <​+`peter>​ "I... I think I need to go back to my place. Tell Akuma I'll contact him when I'm feeling better. Sorry I can't be of more help."
 +[20:51] <​+`peter>​ (and I'm out. gl, all!)
 +[20:52] <​Shaddow>​ (take care tasso! and congrats on the new job!)
 +[20:52] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​I'​ll take you back, sir.  We'll get you some water."​
 +[20:52] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Good luck on the job!)
 +[20:52] <​@Kya-the-cute>​ (See ya)
 +[20:53] <​+Julius>​ [see ya,good luck with the job]
 +[20:53] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne coasts down the road, heading for a seedier part of downtown dominated with bailbonds, pawn shops and...shoe stores...
 +[20:53] * Kya-the-cute is now known as Kya
 +[20:54] * @Kya watches the world pass her by through the window.
 +[20:55] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "Now, I'm looking for a locket with a picture of Grandpa Jimmy and Grandma Marianne in it." ​ She stops at a stop light. ​ "I think I know where it is."
 +[20:55] <​@Kya>​ "​OK"​
 +[20:57] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "None of this freaks you out?  Well... you're talking to ghosts, so I'd imagine that the freak-out-o-meter is a little higher."​
 +[20:57] <​@Kya>​ "​Grandpa Jimmy doesn'​t look like a ghost."​
 +[20:57] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne stops and turns on the blinker.
 +[20:58] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Yeah... I don't know why.  He looks good, but I think it might be just a way of how he died."
 +[20:58] <​@Kya>​ "How did he die?"
 +[20:59] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ She turns left, narrowly avoiding an oncoming car.  "He had a heart attack in his sleep. ​ Went peacefully. ​ He even told me as such."
 +[20:59] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "He wants the locket because that's the last thing he thought about. ​ He misses Grandma."​
 +[21:00] <​@Kya>​ "​That'​s nice."
 +[21:01] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne pulls into a parking lot.  She turns off the engine and lets it cool in ticks. ​ "​Things go weird -- run.  Don't worry about me.  This place gives me...a bad feeling. ​ OK, sweetie?"​
 +[21:01] <​@Kya>​ "Why does this place make you feel weird?"​
 +[21:02] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ She looks back at the place. ​ Her eyes go to each of the visible corners on the roof, but pause in the middle. ​ "Ever seen those old movies with the Indians, and they stop drumming?" ​ She looks at the roof again. ​ "​Whatever'​s here just stopped drumming."​
 +[21:03] * @Kya scratches her head.
 +[21:03] <​@Kya>​ "You mean like that moment in Disney movies when the bad guys get the upper hand on the princess, before there'​s a happy ending?"​
 +[21:04] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne nods.  "​Right. ​ Although if we find dancing candlesticks,​ we should excuse ourselves."​
 +[21:04] <​@Kya>​ "You want me to scout it out first?"​
 +[21:05] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ She looks concerned. ​ "No -- we'll go in together. ​ You're sneaky, but I don't want you to get hurt."
 +[21:05] <​@Kya>​ "​Ok"​
 +[21:05] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ She gets out of the car, looking around before closing the door.
 +[21:06] * @Kya slips out her side and immediately makes for the shadows.
 +[21:07] * Kairi (Palaver@2833a88c.7db737f6.com.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[21:07] * Kairi (Palaver@2833a88c.7db737f6.com.hmsk) Quit (Client Quit)
 +[21:07] * +TolBot waves goodbye to Kairi
 +[21:07] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Sweetie,​ I -- dang it." ​ She looks over her shoulder. ​ "You say so, Grandpa."​
 +[21:07] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Back to the crime scene)
 +[21:08] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon comes back.  "Your friend is getting sent back home by a LEO."
 +[21:09] <​+Julius>​ "Oh, good."
 +[21:10] <​@MaGy_ST>​ Talon turns to Julius. ​ "What are your thought on all of this?"
 +[21:10] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon turns to Julius. ​ "What are your thought on all of this?"
 +[21:10] <​+Julius>​ "I just think we should find the killer as soon as possible."​
 +[21:12] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon nods.  "​Nothing that you can think of about the...what did your friend call it?"
 +[21:14] * +Julius looks puzzled
 +[21:14] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ He points to the head as it's picked up and put with the body.
 +[21:15] <​@MaGy_ST>​ "​That. ​ Brass head?"
 +[21:15] <​+Julius>​ "Oh. It is odd,to be sure."
 +[21:16] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "Right -- no idea why someone would do that?"
 +[21:16] <​+Julius>​ [should i roll for said ideas?]
 +[21:17] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (yes -- roll Int+Occ, diff 8)
 +[21:17] <​+Julius>​ 4d10 8
 +[21:17] <​+TolBot>​ [Julius'​s 4d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 2 5 3 ]: Failure ]
 +[21:18] <​+Julius>​ "I cant think of anything."​
 +[21:19] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon looks a little flustered. ​ "​Right. ​ Well, if you think of anything -- give me a call."
 +[21:19] * +Julius nods
 +[21:21] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon takes one last look at the bag as the ME carts it back up.  "​Yeah."​
 +[21:21] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (bouncing back to Kya)
 +[21:21] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne walks into the pawn shop, trying her best with the floppy hat and sunglasses to not look like a native.
 +[21:22] * @Kya follows behind her, trying to not be noticed.
 +[21:23] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The guy behind the counters smiles slatly and asks "Help you with anything?"​
 +[21:24] * @Tolman (Tol@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) Quit (Quit: Tolman)
 +[21:24] * +TolBot (TolBot@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) Quit (Quit: TolBot)
 +[21:25] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne smiles. ​ "Sure, honey -- I'm looking for a locket."​
 +[21:25] * Tolman (Tol@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[21:25] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tolman
 +[21:25] * TolBot (TolBot@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[21:25] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "What kind of locket?" ​ he shuffles over to the jewelry case.
 +[21:26] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "A silver one, about yay big," she holds her thumb and forefinger apart about an inch.
 +[21:26] * @Kya looks around the shop, keeping an eye out for anything off.
 +[21:27] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The adults, and Brianne, don't seem to pay you any mind.
 +[21:27] <​@Kya>​ (Just the way I like it)
 +[21:27] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "A yay big.  Silver chain?"​
 +[21:28] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "There was one on it, I don't know if it still has it or not."
 +[21:28] <​@MaGy_ST>​ The man shuffles over to the case and opens it up.  One of the other counter helpers walks over to Kya, but doesn'​t seem to take his eyes off of her.
 +[21:29] <​@MaGy_ST>​ The man shuffles over to the case and opens it up.  One of the other counter helpers walks over to Kya, but doesn'​t seem to take his eyes off of her.
 +[21:29] <​@Kya>​ (Off me or off Brianne?)
 +[21:29] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Brianne)
 +[21:30] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ There is something familiar and predatory about that look.
 +[21:31] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Let'​s see what we have here." ​ The man takes out a velvet lined tray and sets it down.  "See anything that tickles your fancy?"​
 +[21:31] * @Kya slides her hand into the pocket of her dress, and feels the smooth steel handles of her sharp sewing scissors.
 +[21:31] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (I'm going to alter your pants...permanently...)
 +[21:32] <​@Kya>​ (Yup)
 +[21:32] * @Kya continues to keep herself relatively unseen.
 +[21:33] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne looks over the tray.  The expression in her face changes -- she looks a little older and a little more serious.
 +[21:33] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "This one?  Can I see it?"
 +[21:34] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The man takes it out of the tray and hands it to Brianne. ​ "It didn't come with no chain."​
 +[21:35] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The other man fidgets with his thumb and makes his way to the duo.  "​Umm...bossman...can I...you know?"
 +[21:35] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The man behind the counter looks familiarly disgusted. ​ "You don't have to ask for permission. ​ You gotta go -- go."
 +[21:35] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The other man nods sheepishly and heads to the back room.
 +[21:36] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The counter man shakes his head and mutters something.
 +[21:37] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne opens up the locket. ​ She studies it and shakes her head.  "No, this isn't it.  How abuot this one?"
 +[21:37] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The man leans in.  "Is there one you speficially lookin'​ for?"
 +[21:39] * @Kya just watches, and waits.
 +[21:40] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Sorry guys, still storming like a mofo here)
 +[21:40] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne scratches the back of her neck.  "One with my Grandpa and Grandma in it.  It was taken three months ago."
 +[21:40] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (that'​s ok)
 +[21:42] * @Kya looks around to see if there are any cases with knives, or openly displayed knives... just in case.
 +[21:43] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Kya -- roll Wits+Occult,​ difficulty is 8 minus however many points in Wyrd you have)
 +[21:44] <​@Kya>​ 3d10 6/10
 +[21:44] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (6Tgt/​10Agn) [ 4 3 4 ]: Failure ]
 +[21:44] <​@Kya>​ (Well damn)
 +[21:45] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The man nods.  "​Anything familiar about it?  Markings?"​
 +[21:46] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne touches the back of her neck.  her face is looking a little flush.
 +[21:47] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Kya, you see Grandpa Jimmy storm by the two of them and you, heading to the back.
 +[21:47] * @Kya raises a brow.
 +[21:48] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Grandpa Jimmy'​s saying stuff that you instinctive know little girls shouldn'​t say.
 +[21:48] * @Kya stays with Brianne, thinking something might be wrong with her, even though she doesn'​t know what.
 +[21:49] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "I don't know if it has an inscription,​ but I know that there was a picture of my grandpa and grandma in it.  Grandpa was in the army, so he's wearing his soldier'​s cap."
 +[21:49] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "Let me get some stuff out of the back.  Hang on a second."​
 +[21:50] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Kya, you look at Brianne, and you can get the feeling that there is something not right.
 +[21:50] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (brb -- slight crash)
 +[21:50] * @Kya waits for the man to go out back, so they are alone in the shop.
 +[21:51] <​@Kya>​ (Grandpa Jimmy must have dropped something again.)
 +[21:58] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (back -- sorry about that.  Wife was trying to clean one of the light fixtures and it dropped)
 +[21:58] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The man walks to the back, closing a door behind him.
 +[21:59] <​@Kya>​ "You need to go to the car and lock the door right now."
 +[21:59] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Why?"​
 +[22:00] <​@Kya>​ "They did something to you, you're sick now."
 +[22:00] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ She looks to the back and then to the front.
 +[22:00] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Sweetie,​ I probably just need some water or a fruit bar."
 +[22:01] <​@Kya>​ "No, go to the car."
 +[22:01] * @Kya starts getting frustrated.
 +[22:02] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (roll manip+intimidation,​ diff 8, you cna spend of point of Glamour for an automatic success. ​ I'll roll Brianne'​s willpower to counter)
 +[22:03] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (same diff of 8)
 +[22:03] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (no exploding 10s)
 +[22:03] <​@Kya>​ (Can I use Persusion instead of Intimidation?​)
 +[22:03] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (...sure)
 +[22:03] <​@Kya>​ 7d10 8/10
 +[22:03] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 7d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 5 7 6 2 8 6 ]: 1 Success ]
 +[22:04] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 7d10 8
 +[22:04] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 7d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 6 6 4 9 1 5 ]: Failure ]
 +[22:04] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (...)
 +[22:04] <​@Kya>​ (Cuteness overpowers rerolls)
 +[22:04] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne looks down at this mouthy pre-teen...and starts walking back to the car.
 +[22:05] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "I don't hear anything from you in three minutes, I'm calling the police."​
 +[22:05] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ She walks out the door, looking both ways as she crosses the strength.
 +[22:05] * @Kya smiles and heads for the back room... all sneaky like.
 +[22:05] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Seriously -- whos' the adult in this group?)
 +[22:06] <​@Kya>​ (You may wan't to switch to the other group, if you have material for them.)
 +[22:06] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (yeah -- I need to figure out what you're going to see)
 +[22:06] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Crime Scene! ​ The Musical!)
 +[22:07] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I'm only semi, I have to run down to our old house, the basement is flooding there so I need to get the sump pump set up)
 +[22:08] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon takes his phone back from Akuma, who is too attracted to the circle for his own good.  It rings once and he answers it.  "​Talon. ​ Yes, Dr. Braun...you got my message? ​ Good.  What am I looking at?"
 +[22:08] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (ok -- I'll carry on)
 +[22:10] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Yes. ​ Really? ​ What kind of questions?" ​ He balances his phone on the crook of his shoulders as he takes out a pad.  "​Right. ​ Leaves? ​ I don't remember seeing any leaves, but the forensics guys will get a look at that.  Answers questions posed to it and whatever leaves are in it influences the answers. ​ Who seriously believes this?"
 +[22:12] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon snaps his fingers and pulls the phone away from his mouth. ​ "Tell forensics to check for leaves in that thing'​s mouth." ​ He turns back to the phone.
 +[22:13] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Doctor -- if someone were to do this, what kind of questions do they want answered?"​
 +[22:14] * +Julius raises an eyebrow,​then goes to find somebody that looks like a forensic guy
 +[22:14] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (anyone with a dark blue windbreaker with "Crime Scene" seems to fit the bill.  One of them is taking some burned leaves.)
 +[22:15] <​+Julius>​ "​You'​re supposed to check the head for leaves."​
 +[22:16] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The crime scene investigator looks at you like you asked him something in an obscure dialect of Swahili.
 +[22:16] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Right...we'​ll get on that.  Are you with the FBI?"
 +[22:16] <​+Julius>​ "​I'​m....consulting."​
 +[22:17] * @Akuma_Tokai walks over to Julius, "​He'​s with me."
 +[22:17] <​+Julius>​ "Agent Talon over there told me to tell you."
 +[22:17] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ He sighs and puts his fingers on the bridge of his nose.  "Then please consult three paces away from me."
 +[22:18] * @Akuma_Tokai glances over at Jack waiting for him to finish his call.
 +[22:19] * +Julius stays with the forensic person
 +[22:19] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (reminds me of Stephen King's cameo on "​Sleepwalkers"​)
 +[22:20] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Right,​ Doctor. ​ Sorry to disturb you on the flight. ​ Please call me when you get in.  I'll have someone come get you."
 +[22:20] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon puts his phone back in his pocket.
 +[22:21] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Hey Jack... Passenger Manifests from lets say a week before the first murder here... shall we task somebody to looking at similiar passengers between it and the previous locations murders?"​
 +[22:21] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "Get this -- someone can make these bronze heads to answer questions. ​ Sick."
 +[22:21] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ He nods.  "​Yeah. ​ What are you looking for?"
 +[22:22] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Similiar people at the times of the murders, might get us the perp."
 +[22:22] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Probably should do the same with Trains and buses..." ​
 +[22:22] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The forensic man looks back up at Julius. ​ "Can I *help* you?"
 +[22:22] <​+Julius>​ "​No,​carry on."
 +[22:23] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​We'​ll have to get some help from the Analytics Department. ​ They might be able to crunch some numbers."​
 +[22:23] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (snerk)
 +[22:24] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (So -- what's the FBI's Wits+Investigation dice pool?)
 +[22:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Real life or in game? rofl)
 +[22:24] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​I'​ll slap some babies and kiss some hands to see if we can get this bumped up."
 +[22:27] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon turns again, but he looks over his shoulder back at Akuma. ​ "Oh, that brass head thing? ​ Someone wanted some questions answered. ​ Enough to cut off someone'​s head and dip it in brass or bronze."​
 +[22:28] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (ok -- time to get all Scooby-Doo and the Bedeviled Pawn Shop)
 +[22:28] <​@Kya>​ (Jinkies!)
 +[22:29] <​+Julius>​ [zoinks!]
 +[22:29] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ as Kya gets close to teh back, there is a change in the air.  It feels thicker, smells slightly of brimstone and char.
 +[22:30] * @Kya listens at the door and tries to peek through the cracks.
 +[22:30] * @Kya also grabs a knife.
 +[22:30] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ There is whispering in a language you can't figure out, but it even makes your skin crawl.
 +[22:31] * @Kya slowly pushes the door open to get a better look at what's going on.
 +[22:32] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Behind the door where you hear the chanting coming from, you see that creepy staring guy kneeling in front of a circle drawn on the wall with three burning red candles under it.
 +[22:34] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "Meni eshitish qora ko'​zlari Mening sovrini uchun menga himoya olib..."​
 +[22:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (e-shit-ish... really? XD)
 +[22:35] * @Kya sneaks into the room.
 +[22:35] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ You feel power -- Gentry-like power coming from that circle.
 +[22:36] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "What you are little one that servant threaten mine?"
 +[22:36] * @Kya feels her skin crawl, and looks around for Jimmy and the locket.
 +[22:36] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ In the door, you see a being of pitch black shadow with red eyes looking down at you.
 +[22:37] * @Kya takes a step back.
 +[22:37] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The guy stops chanting to turn around.
 +[22:37] <​@MaGy_ST>​ "What the hell are you--"
 +[22:38] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "What the hell is going on back there?"​
 +[22:38] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The first guy comes back, dropping the tray when he see the shadow.
 +[22:39] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Mother of --"
 +[22:39] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The shadow thrusts his hand into the man's chest. ​ He gasps once before pitching backwards.
 +[22:40] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (OK -- initative!)
 +[22:41] <​@Kya>​ 3d10 7/10 for Occult
 +[22:41] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 10 2 9 2 ]: 2 Successes for Occult]
 +[22:41] <​@Kya>​ 1d10+9 for init
 +[22:41] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 1d10(3)+9]: 12 for init
 +[22:42] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (rolling for Spirit)
 +[22:43] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 1d10+6
 +[22:43] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 1d10(10)+6]:​ 16 
 +[22:43] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (rolling for Creepy guy)
 +[22:43] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 1d10+5
 +[22:43] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 1d10(9)+5]: 14 
 +[22:44] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (init: Kya, Spirit, Creepy)
 +[22:44] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Go Kya)
 +[22:45] * @Kya hopes this works...
 +[22:45] * @Kya runs into the room in attempts to grab one of the candles.
 +[22:46] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (roll Dex+Ath, diff 8)
 +[22:46] <​@Kya>​ 5d10 8
 +[22:46] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 5d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 10 8 4 6 10 6 9 ]: 4 Successes ]
 +[22:46] <​@Kya>​ (Ninja style!
 +[22:46] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "Not touch Candles, Mayfly!"​
 +[22:47] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Kya, you feel something tug at you to hold you back.
 +[22:48] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 5d10 8
 +[22:48] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 5d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 5 8 3 4 9 ]: 2 Successes ]
 +[22:48] <​@Kya>​ "Let go!"
 +[22:48] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ It's only a slight tug on your elbow, but you fight through it and swat up a candle.
 +[22:48] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (oh, on Spotify: "Bark at the Moon" by Ozzy...oh, yeah...)
 +[22:49] <​@Kya>​ (I decided Poison by Alice Cooper was appropriate on Spotify)
 +[22:49] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The Crepy guy jumps up, swinging his fist at you. "YOU BITCH!"​
 +[22:49] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 4d10, 8
 +[22:49] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 4d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 2 2 3 4 ]: Failure ]
 +[22:50] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (oh, god... even my second tier villains suck)
 +[22:50] * @Kya ducks and shrieks a little
 +[22:50] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The creepy guy swings, but it goes over Kya's head by a mile and a half.
 +[22:51] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Pity Akuma'​s not here...)
 +[22:51] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (lol, so I could meat pies of them?)
 +[22:52] <​@Kya>​ (I agree. ​ Did I get rid of the spirit, or do I have more candles to disrupt?)
 +[22:52] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (New resturants can be surprizingly profitable in thier first year...just saying) ​
 +[22:52] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The spirit howls again and the black form shudders like something is plucking it at its edges.
 +[22:53] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 7d10 8/10
 +[22:53] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 7d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 8 10 3 3 7 9 1 8 ]: 3 Successes ]
 +[22:53] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Init)
 +[22:53] <​@Kya>​ 1d10+9
 +[22:53] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 1d10(3)+9]: 12 
 +[22:53] <​@MaGy_ST>​ Spirit: 1d10+6
 +[22:54] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 1d10+6 Spirit
 +[22:54] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 1d10(2)+6]: 8 Spirit
 +[22:54] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 1d10+5 Creepy
 +[22:54] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 1d10(10)+5]:​ 15 Creepy
 +[22:54] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Creepy, Kia, Spirit)
 +[22:55] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Creepy reaches out to grab Kya by the scruff of her neck.
 +[22:55] <​@Kya>​ (FYI: Defense 2)
 +[22:56] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (does it subtract from successes or add to the difficulty?​)
 +[22:57] <​@Kya>​ (If I'm reading this right, subtracts from the dice pool)
 +[22:59] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 2d10, 8
 +[22:59] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 2d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 2 8 ]: 1 Success ]
 +[23:00] * @Kya growls and throws the candle in her hand at one of the other candles.
 +[23:00] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The creepy guy manages to get a tenuous handhold on the back of your neck.
 +[23:00] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (roll Dex+Ath, diff 8 two successes. ​ Feel free to spend a point of willpower for one automatic success)
 +[23:01] <​@Kya>​ 5d10 8 +willpower
 +[23:01] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 5d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 5 3 10 8 5 2 ]: 2 Successes +willpower]
 +[23:02] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Kya hurls a candle like a stone, knocking over one more candle. ​ The spirit howls again.
 +[23:02] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 6d10, 8
 +[23:02] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 6d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 8 5 4 1 7 6 ]: Failure ]
 +[23:03] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ In a gust of sulphur and asphalt, the spirit disappears.
 +[23:03] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (init)
 +[23:03] <​@Kya>​ 1d10+9
 +[23:03] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 1d10(1)+9]: 10 
 +[23:04] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 1d10+6 Creepy
 +[23:04] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 1d10(1)+6]: 7 Creepy
 +[23:04] <​@Kya>​ (Really Tolbot!)
 +[23:04] * TolBot shakes its head.
 +[23:04] <​@MaGy_ST>​ 1d10+6 Brianne
 +[23:04] <​TolBot>​ [MaGy_ST'​s 1d10(4)+6]: 10 Brianne
 +[23:04] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (You'​re not even a second tier villain. ​ I even hope Kya kicks your ass, Creepy)
 +[23:05] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Kya, Brianne, Creepy Loser)
 +[23:05] * @Kya 's voice becomes very calm...
 +[23:05] <​@Kya>​ "Now I'm going to rip your life force out of your body and revel in your death."​
 +[23:05] * @Kya attacks Mr. Creepy
 +[23:05] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Creepy blinks.
 +[23:07] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (roll it)
 +[23:07] <​@Kya>​ 3d10
 +[23:07] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 7 5 4 ]: 1 Success ]
 +[23:08] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (punching or snuffing?)
 +[23:08] <​@Kya>​ (I'll snuff.)
 +[23:08] <​@Kya>​ (I'm pissed. ​ We'll let the Wrath come out and play)
 +[23:10] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The Creepy guy shivers and lets go of Kya, stumbling back and fallin in front of the altar.
 +[23:10] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ You hear Brianne in the lobby. ​ "YOU HURT HER YOU SON OF A BITCH I'LL MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LONG TIME TO REGRET IT!"
 +[23:11] * @Kya looks at him calmly, her black (blue to humans) eyes staring at him coldly.
 +[23:11] * @Kya licks her lips.
 +[23:11] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Creepy holds up his hands in a gesture of defeat. ​ "​Don'​t... no, please -- I'm sorry..."​
 +[23:12] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (combat'​s effectively over, but if you want to snuff him out, roll it)
 +[23:12] <​@Kya>​ 3d10 regular beating.
 +[23:12] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 4 10 9 ]: 2 Successes regular beating.]
 +[23:13] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Kya lashes out with a fist.  She manages to connect to the guy's nose.  Cartalige gives way to bone and blood spurts out of his nostrils.
 +[23:14] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Brianne rounds the corner, holding up the pistol. ​ "KYA MOVE!"
 +[23:14] * @Kya ignores Brianne and continues to pound on the creep.
 +[23:15] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (He's not really resisting...)
 +[23:15] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (roll it)
 +[23:15] <​@Kya>​ 3d10
 +[23:15] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 8 8 ]: 2 Successes ]
 +[23:15] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Now I'm thinking of "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie on top of that kid)
 +[23:15] <​@Kya>​ (LOL)
 +[23:15] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ A tooth gets chipped and Creepy whimpers once.
 +[23:16] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Kya! ​ He's done!  Sweetie... come on." ​ Brianne looks to the door.
 +[23:17] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Ya still smacking him?)
 +[23:17] <​@Kya>​ "Give her her fucking pendant bitch or I'll put you in the ground and haunt your afterlife.
 +[23:18] * @Kya 's voice is oddly calm, and doesn'​t sound like her own in a sense.
 +[23:18] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The creepy and +5 to Pathetic guy whimpers and points to the guy in the hall with a shaking finger.
 +[23:18] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Back to the refreshingly calm murder scene)
 +[23:18] * @Kya turns and glares.
 +[23:19] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (don't glare at me, young lady.)
 +[23:19] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon gets back on the phone with the TSA.  Akuma'​s phone rings.
 +[23:20] * @Akuma_Tokai answers, "This is Tokai"
 +[23:20] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "This is Fiona...umm...the King wants an update."​
 +[23:22] * @Akuma_Tokai walks away from the rest, "Found a brazan head... The last question asked was 'How can I find my Mistress?'​ and the answer given was 'She is beyond your will, other than that still looking into it."
 +[23:23] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Really? ​ Did you get it to say anything else?"
 +[23:23] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​No."​
 +[23:24] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Good. ​ Any other leads?"​
 +[23:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Waiting on more information from the FBI."
 +[23:25] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ You hear Fiona sputter a little. ​ "​What?"​
 +[23:26] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​I'​m using their resources as they'​re investigating these murders."​
 +[23:26] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Goddamn it, you were told to keep this in house!"​
 +[23:27] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "They know nothing other than the mundane."​
 +[23:27] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​I'​ll call you back." ​ *click*
 +[23:28] * @Akuma_Tokai grumbles "Yea, you do that, maybe you idiots will realize this is larger than just our little group. Idiots..."​
 +[23:29] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 6d10 8/10
 +[23:29] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 6d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 7 2 3 7 1 1 ]: Botched result of -2 ]
 +[23:30] <​@Kya>​ (ouch)
 +[23:31] <​+Julius>​ [somebody'​s in troubleeeeee....]
 +[23:31] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ The forensics tech gets up, putting his tools away and walks up to Agent Talon. ​ "​You'​ll get my report."​
 +[23:32] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ He looks at Julius and grits his teeth.
 +[23:33] * +Julius peers back at him
 +[23:33] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon shakes his head as he hangs up.  "The TSA is getting everything together, I told them I'd date that ugly liason if it'd make things go faster."​
 +[23:33] * @Akuma_Tokai just shakes his head, "​Taking one... hell I think that counts as five, for the team there arn't ya?"
 +[23:34] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "If it's the one I'm thinking of -- you owe me a bottle whatever is too expensive for your pay grade."​
 +[23:35] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Woah --it's 12:​30...good place to pack it in?)
 +[23:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Jack... if I got you that, you'd probably marry the it ..."
 +[23:36] <​@Kya>​ (Up to the others, I've monopolized the time from them, and I feel a bit bad for that.)
 +[23:36] <​+Julius>​ [i can keep going]
 +[23:37] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (we'll go for another 15 minutes)
 +[23:37] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (We'll stay here at the crime scene while Kya enjoys her Intergenerational World Fighting Belt)
 +[23:37] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Don'​t say it."
 +[23:42] * +Crichton (Crichton@d3e43a24.hsd1.co.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 +[23:42] * TolBot waves goodbye to Crichton
 +[23:44] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon'​s phone rings. ​ "Agent Talon. ​ Yeah -- pull every manifest from 2014.  Planes, trains and automobiles heading into and out of Richmond, VA and leaving Savannaha, GA for Grovewood, Florida. ​ Flag anything that comes up twice. ​ When can you have it?"
 +[23:46] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "​Clock'​s ticking on this one.  I need it tomorrow. ​ Pull what you need, call the field offices in Richmond and Miami if you have to.  Yes, tell her to wear her best dress."​ He hangs up.  "Not that it's going to make much of a difference."​
 +[23:47] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ "Look, I gotta ask you about your...umm...consultants."​
 +[23:47] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Yea... I'll get you that bottle... you're going to need it..."
 +[23:49] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Yes, I know they'​re odd, but they know this occult bs."
 +[23:49] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon nods.  "Yeah, I might need something to knock myself out before the date.  What do your consultants have on this whole thing? ​ They
 +[23:49] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ 're not really the talkative sort."
 +[23:49] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Thats why we get along, because I'm not really either."​
 +[23:50] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Talon snorts.
 +[23:51] <​+Julius>​ "​Akuma,​ a word?"
 +[23:51] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Oh they deduced that the brazzen head was used to ask a question. They could probably even tell us what the question was if given enough time."
 +[23:51] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Excuse me a moment Jack," he walks over to Julius.
 +[23:51] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Agent Talon nods and goes back to one of hte uniformed officers.
 +[23:52] * +Julius shows Akuma_Tokai the text on his phone
 +[23:52] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Damn! ​ He got knocked the eff out!)
 +[23:52] <​+Julius>​ "We should go."
 +[23:52] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (Yeah -- someone needs to save that guy)
 +[23:53] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Agreed...,"​ he walks back over to Jack, "​We'​ll check back in shortly, another matter has just come up, unrelated as far as I can tell." ​
 +[23:54] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (It's being uploaded to Worldstar Hiphop right now...)
 +[23:55] <​@MaGy_ST>​ (I'm guessing that you all are heading to the Little Pawn Shop of Horrors?)
 +[23:56] <​@MaGy_ST> ​ Called to save a thirty-five year old dabbler of the occult from the very real horrors of an upset Kya -- the group converges on the pawn shop...as we close this episode of "The Maddening Gyre."
  
campaigns/tmg/session_9_-_6-07-2015.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/26 16:37 by ryubasteon