Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:tmg:session_8_-_5-31-2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

campaigns:tmg:session_8_-_5-31-2015 [2020/02/26 16:36] (current)
ryubasteon created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[20:02] <​@MGyST> ​ When last we left -- the group has learned that only the FBI is getting involved, but the murders are a part of a larger string of brutalities. ​ They stand between the encroaching darkness and the Maddening Gyre.
 +[20:02] <​@MGyST>​ (Akuma and Talon were heading to the police station, is everyone else in tow?)
 +[20:03] <​+Julius>​ [sure]
 +[20:04] <​@Kya>​ (I think I was left behind?)
 +[20:04] <​@MGyST>​ (or just unnoticed)
 +[20:04] <​@Kya>​ (About the same thing)
 +[20:05] <​@MGyST> ​ Talon'​s phone rings. ​ "Agent Talon."​
 +[20:07] <​@MGyST> ​ "We were on our way to speak with you -- right. ​ Where again? ​ Yeah, just give me the address." ​ He takes out a pen and pad.  "Got it."
 +[20:08] <​@MGyST>​ (Kya -- you've been ditched again...what are you going to do?)
 +[20:08] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (she got ditched because she's always too busy in the kitchen at the coffee shop, snatching muffins & hot cocoa)
 +[20:09] <​@Kya>​ (I think I'm going to tail our hostess when she goes out to get a locket)
 +[20:10] <​@MGyST>​ (OK -- good thing you're getting these stalking charges done while a juvenile)
 +[20:10] <​@Kya>​ (Indeed)
 +[20:11] <​@MGyST> ​ Brittany comes out with a handful of mugs...stops...them turns around and walks back to teh kitchen.
 +[20:11] * TolBot (TolBot@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[20:11] * Tolman (Tol@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[20:11] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tolman
 +[20:11] <​@Kya>​ (Welcome, just starting up)
 +[20:11] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Brittany? New girl? lol)
 +[20:11] <​@Tolman>​ (sorry, wifi issues)
 +[20:11] <​@MGyST> ​ "Head to I-64 and take exit 212.  Another homicide like the others."​
 +[20:11] <​@Kya>​ (Brianne?)
 +[20:12] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Alright,"​ he reaches over and flips on the hazzards, "One of thse days I'll invest in a gumball machine..."​
 +[20:14] * Tolman is now known as Ben_Tolifyr
 +[20:14] <​@MGyST>​ (I remembered it was one of those '​B'​ name)
 +[20:14] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Briane or whatever)
 +[20:15] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne comes out with another set of mugs and a tray.  "​It'​s OK, sweetie -- we get forgetful sometimes. ​ Just man the register."​
 +[20:17] <​@MGyST> ​ Talon looks out over the road signs as they whizz by.  "​Couple of kids looking for their dog came upon the scene. ​ Circle on the ground, candles -- the whole works."​
 +[20:17] * @Kya scratches her head and sits on one of the couches and just people watches.
 +[20:18] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well, atleast this time we may be able to get a fresher look at it, police didn't let me get close at Crystals."​
 +[20:19] <​@MGyST> ​ Sets the mugs down in front of a couple, and sets a check down in front of them.  She turns and sees you, Kya.
 +[20:19] <​@MGyST> ​ The exit comes up soon, leading to a small state park.
 +[20:19] * @Ben_Tolifyr keeps a safe distance.
 +[20:20] <​@MGyST> ​ "I remember when '​looking for a dog' was code for '​looking for a place to screw'​."​
 +[20:20] <​@MGyST> ​ "Hey, sweetie. ​ Where'​s your friends?"​
 +[20:21] <​@Kya>​ "I think they went out.  It's ok, I'll head home when you close."​
 +[20:23] <​@MGyST> ​ She looks at her watch. ​ "​That'​s gonna be a while, but if you want anything -- let me know, OK.  I told Brittany about that deal we had, so she'll hel you out, OK?"
 +[20:24] <​@MGyST> ​ The road quickly morphs from worn asphalt to worn clay.  The signs read "​Calhoun Wallace State Park!"​.
 +[20:25] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (am I with the group going to the crime scene?)
 +[20:25] <​@MGyST>​ (Yep)
 +[20:26] <​@Kya>​ "​Who'​s Brittany?"​
 +[20:26] <​@MGyST> ​ As you get closer to the crime scene, the civilian cars thin out and are eventually replaced by police cars.  One officer approaches the car as it slows.
 +[20:27] * @Ben_Tolifyr stares out the window.
 +[20:27] <​@MGyST> ​ There is a crash where the sandwiches are.  "​Gary!"​
 +[20:29] <​@MGyST> ​ "Agent Talon, FBI." ​ The cop waves you all in.
 +[20:30] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "So much easier with you here Jack, with me they'​re always like 'What does the DoD want with this?',"​ he chuckles a little.
 +[20:30] <​@MGyST> ​ "​What?" ​ Gary stands up.
 +[20:31] <​@MGyST> ​ The cop points to an open spot where to park.  Three detectives are conferring with each other.
 +[20:32] <​@MGyST> ​ "Make sure they get washed before you use them again...or not drop them." ​ Brianne sighs and looks down at Kya.  "As soon as you're 18, consider yourself hired." ​ She walks to the back.  "​Coming,​ Jimmy."​
 +[20:32] <​@MGyST> ​
 +[20:32] * @Akuma_Tokai parks, checks his sidearm, then gets out of the car.
 +[20:33] * +`peter exits after Akuma, keeping his distance until needed.
 +[20:34] * @Ben_Tolifyr exits teh car after Peter.
 +[20:34] * @Akuma_Tokai looks to Peter and the others, "Jack and I will check the scene, you guys focus on the circle, alright?"​
 +[20:34] <​@MGyST> ​ "Agent Talon,"​ he takes out his ID.  "Tokai and others are here in an advisory capacity. ​ What happened?"​
 +[20:35] * @Akuma_Tokai presents his ID as well, "Akuma Tokai, Department of Defense."​
 +[20:36] * +Julius follows last
 +[20:38] <​@MGyST> ​ The detectives look at the badges. ​ "All right, come with me." ​ He walks down the path.  "​Victim'​s name is Carl Mattheny, aged 52, businessman...now very dead."
 +[20:38] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Know what his business field was?" ​
 +[20:39] <​@MGyST> ​ "He ran the local occult shop."
 +[20:39] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Thats two..."​
 +[20:39] <​@MGyST>​ (crafting the crime scene...I wish he'd quick squirming...)
 +[20:40] * @Ben_Tolifyr looks around and then follows behind Akuma.
 +[20:40] * @Akuma_Tokai thinks for a moment, "Carla Lasenby, if I recall. Ran that new age shop."
 +[20:42] <​@MGyST> ​ At the base of an old oak tree is a headless nude body -- the neck propped on a bloody stump. ​ In an browning circle sits a bronzed head, the mouth open.  At the cardinal points are four burned down black candles, inside the circle are four extingusihed red candles. ​ Around the head are four white candles that look like they were used for a short time.
 +[20:43] <​@MGyST> ​ "​ID'​ed him from his wallet. No money or credit cards in the wallet, but receipt from a couple of days ago from Starbucks. ​ Paid with a card.  No priors."​
 +[20:44] * @Ben_Tolifyr cringes at the sight.
 +[20:44] <​@MGyST> ​ The detective looks at Talon. ​ "You don't know how relieved I am that you guys are picking this up."
 +[20:44] * +`peter walks over to survey the surrounding area for less obvious clues.
 +[20:45] <​@MGyST> ​ "Was there a weapon on the scene?"​
 +[20:45] * @Akuma_Tokai reaches into his pocket and pulls out some gloves, then glances at Talon, "Jack, stupid of me to suggest this, trace his cards? If they took them good chance they'​re using them."
 +[20:47] <​@MGyST> ​ "On it." ​ He picks up his phone and walks away from the scene a couple of steps. ​ "I need a trace on a Visa, ending in -7122."​
 +[20:48] <​@MGyST>​ (anyone wanting to actively investigate may do so -- roll Int+Investiagion diff 7.  Every 2 successes gives you one piece of information)
 +[20:48] * @Akuma_Tokai tosses his keys to Ben, "In the trunk of my car is some gloves and a camera, take pictures of anything you think may be of interest and help," he says with a wink
 +[20:48] <​@MGyST>​ (anyone checking out the circle or the head can roll Int+Occult, diff 8)
 +[20:49] <​+`peter>​ 8d10 6/9
 +[20:49] <​TolBot>​ [`peter'​s 8d10 (6Tgt/9Agn) [ 10 1 8 9 6 10 7 1 9 6 6 1 ]: 6 Successes ]
 +[20:49] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 5d10 7/10
 +[20:49] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 5d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 1 8 2 9 1 ]: Failure ]
 +[20:49] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (wow...)
 +[20:53] <​+Julius>​ 4d10
 +[20:53] <​TolBot>​ [Julius'​s 4d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 4 3 9 ]: 1 Success ]
 +[20:53] <​@MGyST> ​ "​What'​s the deal with the head?  Is it some sort of symbol?"​
 +[20:54] <​+`peter>​ "Of a sort. It is something I can research, at the very least."​
 +[20:55] <​@MGyST>​ (if you can roll like that again)
 +[20:56] <​@MGyST> ​ Agent Talon comes back.  "The trace on the cards only tells us that it was used yesterday evening. ​ I had the bank flag it."
 +[20:57] <​@MGyST> ​ "As far as the murder weapon? ​ Axe, guessing by the size of the cuts on the stump. ​ One, maybe two hits." ​
 +[20:58] <​@MGyST>​ (anyone else rolling?)
 +[20:58] * +`peter takes a few notes in a small pad of paper, making sure to 'keep busy'.
 +[20:58] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ 1d10
 +[20:58] <​TolBot>​ [Ben_Tolifyr'​s 1d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 ]: Failure ]
 +[20:58] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Good, This is your court now..."​ he glances at the rest of the group, "​something smells off..."​
 +[20:58] <​@MGyST> ​ "Can we talk to the witnesses?"​
 +[20:59] <​@MGyST> ​ "​Getting statements now."
 +[21:01] <​@MGyST> ​ Even the birds are still here.  It's almost as if something is keeping them at bay.
 +[21:02] <​@MGyST> ​ Talon walks over to the witness -- two men looking very shaken and one of them holding a leash.
 +[21:02] <​@MGyST>​ (should I switch to Kya and her creeping out the help?)
 +[21:04] * @Kya sings to herself while watching the patrons intensely.
 +[21:04] <​@MGyST> ​  One of the patrons looks over at you...shudders and looks away.
 +[21:05] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne walks to the front door, putting on a floppy sun hat and sunglasses.  ​
 +[21:07] <​@MGyST>​ (You guys at the circle, if you need to ask questions, feel free)
 +[21:08] <​@MGyST> ​ "​I'​m heading out for a minute -- Brit, you'll do fine.  Gary...just do what Brit says.  Jerry -- stay out of trouble."​
 +[21:09] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Kya, make sure they do what they'​re told...kick them in the shins if you must)
 +[21:09] * +`peter wanders over to Akuma and tells him what he knows about the skull in hushed whispers.
 +[21:10] <​@Kya>​ (Sorry can't do that, I have to do some side-stalk... err side-questing)
 +[21:11] * @Akuma_Tokai nods at Peter
 +[21:11] <​+`peter>​ (figured the info would pass the time. Keep going, Kya. ;) )
 +[21:12] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne walks out the front door, looking one way and the other before crossing the street and heading down an alley.
 +[21:14] * @Kya slips out the door to follow her.
 +[21:15] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne walks down the alley, reaching into her pocket for a set of keys.
 +[21:16] <​@MGyST> ​ "I told you, Grandpa, I'm gonna get the locket if it's at the shop.  I should charge you for this."
 +[21:18] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne comes up to a well worn Dodge Neon -- the red fading to a dull champaign pink -- and unlocks the door.
 +[21:18] <​@MGyST>​ (switching to crime scene)
 +[21:18] <​@MGyST> ​ Agent Talon is talking to the witnesses and no one seems to be focusing on you all.
 +[21:18] * +`peter walks back over to the head and examines the scene more closely.
 +[21:19] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (assuming Ben went to my car and got gloves and the camera)
 +[21:19] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (did you ask me to? sorry I missed that)
 +[21:20] * @Ben_Tolifyr returns and tosses Akuma’s keys back, along with the gloves.
 +[21:20] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (it's aight, I figured you where AFK. [20:48] * @Akuma_Tokai tosses his keys to Ben, "In the trunk of my car is some gloves and a camera, take pictures of anything you think may be of interest and help," he says with a wink)
 +[21:21] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (no, I was here. somehow ignored taht post)
 +[21:21] * @Ben_Tolifyr walks around with the camera
 +[21:21] <​@MGyST> ​ You cna tell that the head was dipped into the bronze. ​ In the mouth are three bits of plant matter: bay leaves, alyssum, white chrysanthemum.
 +[21:21] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (It's aight) ​
 +[21:23] * @Akuma_Tokai walks over to the stiff and checks for the mutaliated genetalia
 +[21:23] <​+`peter>​ "There is a possibility of more information,​ though I doubt everyone would understand."​
 +[21:25] <​@MGyST>​ (Nah -- cops are completely understanding about shoving leaves into a man's bronzed and decaptiated head.  Happens all teh time here.)
 +[21:27] <​+`peter>​ "What would you suggest, Akuma? There are necessary materials to gather if we go through with this."
 +[21:29] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Do it. . . Quietly."​
 +[21:30] * +`peter nods and turns to the outskirts of the park. "​I'​ll see what I can do."
 +[21:32] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Any financial needs?
 +[21:32] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "
 +[21:32] <​@MGyST>​ (who are you asking, Akuma?)
 +[21:32] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Peter)
 +[21:32] <​@MGyST>​ (oh)
 +[21:33] * @Ben_Tolifyr ’s phone rings.
 +[21:33] * @Ben_Tolifyr answers the phone
 +[21:36] * +`peter comes back a while later with a pocket full of local flora.
 +[21:38] * @Ben_Tolifyr pockets the phone, and moves towards Peter.
 +[21:39] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “Peter, take the camera. I’m sorry, I’ve, I’ve got to go.”
 +[21:39] * @Ben_Tolifyr turns and walks towards the street.
 +[21:39] * +`peter takes the camera. "​I'​ll do that thing later, then."
 +[21:41] <​@MGyST>​ (Kya, spend yuor points and roll your dice.)
 +[21:43] <​@MGyST>​ (Back to Kya: Stalker'​s Apprentice)
 +[21:44] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne unlocks her card, pausing and looking around.
 +[21:44] <​@Kya>​ (My catch is triggered, as it's nighttime, so shouldn'​t have to spend points)
 +[21:44] <​@Kya>​ 5d10
 +[21:44] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 5d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 6 9 10 5 7 ]: 3 Successes ]
 +[21:45] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne gets into her car, leaning over to get something off of the floor of the passenger side.
 +[21:45] * @Kya attempts to quietly slip into the back seat.
 +[21:47] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne tries to start the engine. ​ It coughs once, twice and them rumbles into a phlemgy purr.
 +[21:47] <​@Kya>​ 7d10 7/9
 +[21:47] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 7d10 (7Tgt/9Agn) [ 5 6 1 5 2 4 3 ]: Botched result of -1 ]
 +[21:47] <​@Kya>​ (Really!!!)
 +[21:47] <​@MGyST>​ (D'​OH!)
 +[21:48] <​@MGyST>​ (A helicopter flies over Bri's car and turns on a spotlight: "​Kya... come out...it'​s a school night"​)
 +[21:49] <​@Kya>​ (Brianne takes off before Kya can get to the handle of the door and runs over the little girl's foot)
 +[21:49] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (atleast Tolbot isn't just hating on me)
 +[21:49] * TolBot smirks.
 +[21:49] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne looks up as she's adjusting the mirror. ​ She turns it and gets a pair of black eyes looking back at her.
 +[21:50] <​@MGyST> ​ "God -- Jesus!" ​ She scrambles out of the car, fumbling for something in her purse before she calms down enough to see exactly who it is.
 +[21:51] * @Kya ducks coyly.
 +[21:51] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne takes a couple of deep breaths. ​ This is not the usual smiling beam of sunshine you cop muffins from.
 +[21:52] <​@MGyST> ​ "​Miss,"​ she opens up the passenger door.  "​Out." ​ Her free hand is trembling.
 +[21:52] * @Kya gets out.
 +[21:52] <​@MGyST> ​ She takes another deep breath. ​ "What are you doing?"​
 +[21:53] <​@Kya>​ "​Making sure you stay safe."
 +[21:54] <​@MGyST> ​ She blinks, trying to comprehend the statement and the speaker. ​ "​What?"​
 +[21:54] <​@Kya>​ "​Protecting you.  There'​s been a lot of murders lately."​
 +[21:55] <​@MGyST> ​ "​Sweetie...that'​s... that's nice of you." ​ She reaches into her purse and takes out a pistol.
 +[21:56] <​+Julius>​ [kya kills her for threatening her with a gun]
 +[21:56] <​@Kya>​ (Could happen)
 +[21:56] <​@MGyST> ​ "My Grandpa Pete -- God rest his cantankerous soul -- taught me to shoot. ​ Anyone messing with me is going to have more than they expected."​
 +[21:56] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Kills hell... eats her in a single bite like a scrumpalicious muffin)
 +[21:56] <​@MGyST>​ (she dies, no free muffins no hot chocolate)
 +[21:57] <​@Kya>​ "I thought Jimmy was your grandpa?"​
 +[21:57] <​@MGyST> ​ "How did you know about Grandpa Jimmy?" ​ She looks very serious now.
 +[21:58] <​@Kya>​ "You yell at him in the kitchen."​
 +[21:59] <​@MGyST> ​ Even the sodium lights, you see Brianne get very pale.
 +[21:59] <​@MGyST>​ (Back to the very less creepy severed head dipped in bronze)
 +[21:59] <​@Kya>​ (hee hee)
 +[22:00] <​@MGyST>​ (OK -- you got material to stuff in the head -- rose and ivy leaves)
 +[22:03] <​@MGyST>​ (Pete, are you going to try to restart the head?)
 +[22:03] * +`peter stares after Akuma. "I don't feel comfortable when he's away."
 +[22:05] * @Akuma_Tokai walks back over to see what Peter has found, leaving Jack to do the investigative leg work
 +[22:05] <​+`peter>​ "I can attempt this, if you think it will help."
 +[22:06] <​@MGyST> ​ Jack is talking to the witnesses, he doesn'​t seem to notice what you all are doing.
 +[22:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Best we know now, then later."​
 +[22:07] * +`peter nods and bends over the head.
 +[22:10] * afan (afan21@df481f6a.hsd1.il.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[22:10] * +`peter clears out the mouth and places new herbs within.
 +[22:12] <​+`peter>​ "what exactly am I asking, before I activate this?"
 +[22:12] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well, get to the point. Who was the last person to used it, description,​ or what was the last questions asked?"​
 +[22:12] <​@MGyST>​ (What is the airspeed up an African swallow?)
 +[22:12] * +Julius (afan21@df481f6a.hsd1.il.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
 +[22:12] * TolBot waves goodbye to Julius
 +[22:13] * +`peter nods and sighs. "Here goes..."​
 +[22:13] <​@MGyST> ​ The air stirs differently as peter puts in the leaves.
 +[22:13] * afan is now known as Julius
 +[22:14] <​+`peter>​ 3d10 9
 +[22:14] <​TolBot>​ [`peter'​s 3d10 (9Tgt/​10Agn) [ 3 10 2 7 ]: 1 Success ]
 +[22:15] <​+`peter>​ "What was the last question asked, and what was the answer given?"​
 +[22:15] <​@MGyST> ​ The eyes roll forward and the mouth closes. ​ The head looks at you, like it were still alive.
 +[22:15] <​@MGyST> ​ In a raspy whisper, it says "Ask of me your questions, then grant me my peace."​
 +[22:15] <​+`peter>​ (^asked of you)
 +[22:16] <​@MGyST>​ (No -- Peter has to ask the questions...or are you grammar Nazi'​ing a Brazen Head?)
 +[22:17] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (The question he asked was, 'what was the previous question asked, and what as the answer given'​)
 +[22:17] <​+`peter>​ (sorry, I'll ask again)
 +[22:18] <​+`peter>​ "What was the last question asked of you, and what was the answer given"
 +[22:18] <​@MGyST>​ (sorry -- I din;t know he spoke the questions)
 +[22:18] <​+`peter>​ (I sort of asked before it told me to ask...)
 +[22:19] <​@MGyST> ​ "The last question asked was 'How can I find my Mistress?'​ and the answer given was 'She is beyond your will."
 +[22:19] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Who is this Mistress?"​
 +[22:20] * +`peter frowns.
 +[22:20] <​@MGyST> ​ The eyes roll back to reveal the bronze metal and the mouth goes slack, dumping out the ivy and rose leaves.
 +[22:20] <​+`peter>​ "I am sorry, that is the best I could do."
 +[22:21] * +`peter wavers a bit and goes to a tree to lean against.
 +[22:22] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Atleast we know what this circle is for..."​ he walks back over to Jack, "Jack, we should probably call that Doctor Braun, have him come in check out this circle and the one at the coffee shop too." ​
 +[22:23] <​+`peter>​ (my internet is dying...)
 +[22:23] <​@MGyST> ​ He nods his head.  "Yeah -- I'll call him now.  That'​s... that's something he's going to have to see to believe."​
 +[22:23] <​@MGyST>​ (The Brazen Head takes his toll)
 +[22:24] <​+`peter>​ (reduced to near-dialup speeds at night. No clue why...)
 +[22:24] <​@MGyST>​ (back to "The Cutest Li'l EPO Ever!)
 +[22:25] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne takes a step back.  "​Answer my question."​
 +[22:25] <​@Kya>​ "You yell at him in the kitchen."​
 +[22:26] <​@MGyST> ​ Brianne tries to regain her composure. ​ "Maybe I'm yelling at someone in the back named Jimmy? ​ Either way...this is not acceptable behavior."​
 +[22:27] * @Kya lays her cards out on the table. "No, I've seen you talk to him. That's why you're getting the locket, because he's bound to it."
 +[22:28] <​@MGyST> ​ She wiped the corners of her mouth. ​ "You can see them, too?  Why is Grandpa Jimmy talking to you, too?"
 +[22:29] <​@Kya>​ "I can see lots of things."​
 +[22:29] <​@Kya>​ "​Because I talked to him first."​
 +[22:29] <​@MGyST> ​ "You can talk to...them?"​
 +[22:30] <​@MGyST> ​ "Is that why you'​re..." ​ She makes an up and down motion with her hands indicating her clothes.
 +[22:30] <​@Kya>​ "​Huh?"​
 +[22:32] <​@MGyST> ​ "A little less sunshine and a little more...Wednesday Adamms."​
 +[22:32] <​@Kya>​ "Who is Wednesday Adams?"​
 +[22:33] <​@MGyST> ​ "Never mind, sweetie. ​ Let's just say that you are a little off-putting at first, bless your heart -- you're sweet though."​
 +[22:35] <​@Kya>​ "um ok"
 +[22:35] <​@MGyST> ​ "Well, you're here now and I need to get that locket, so -- you're navigator, get in front."​
 +[22:35] <​@Kya>​ "​OK"​
 +[22:36] <​@MGyST> ​ Briann climbs into the driver'​s seat, buckles the belt and starts the engine.
 +[22:37] <​@MGyST>​ "Is there anything else I should know about you?  Antenna, makin' stuff float? ​ Speak now or forever hold your peace."​
 +[22:38] <​@Kya>​ "I can't make stuff float... or at least I don't think so yet."
 +[22:39] <​@MGyST> ​ "Good, because I can't pay for stuff you make float out to the car." ​ She puts the car in gear and eases it back.  She looks at you for a second... and asks: "Does Grandpa Jimmy still like me?"
 +[22:40] <​@Kya>​ "​I'​m pretty sure he likes you, but doesn'​t like Gary.  Can't you talk to him too?"
 +[22:42] <​@MGyST> ​ "​It'​s a problem at times. ​ Ever had that one person who would only talk to you about games, or boys or anything like that?"
 +[22:42] <​@Kya>​ "​No."​
 +[22:46] <​@MGyST> ​ "I almost envy you at times." ​ She turns onto the main road.  "Well, with Grandpa Jimmy, he's fixed on that locket somethin'​ fierce. ​ It's all he wants and almost all he talks about. ​ Sometimes, I can get him to tell me other things, like the receipe for cinnamon crumble cake.  Most of the time, it's '​where'​s the locket?'​
 +[22:48] <​@MGyST> ​ She stops at a light and waits for it to turn.
 +[22:49] <​@MGyST>​ (Back to the head the tells no lies)
 +[22:49] * @Kya watches out the window.
 +[22:49] * +`peter pulls out an '​apple'​ from his pack and bites into it.
 +[22:49] <​@MGyST> ​ Talon walks up to you as a CSI takes the Brazen Head.  "Dr. Braun is hopping the red-eye to get here."
 +[22:49] * Julius (afan21@df481f6a.hsd1.il.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
 +[22:49] * TolBot waves goodbye to Julius
 +[22:49] * Julius (afan21@df481f6a.hsd1.il.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[22:50] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Should I have my XO pick him up and bring him here, or going to have the local PD?"
 +[22:51] <​@MGyST> ​ "​Let'​s have the local PD get him.  I want to talk to a couple of other people in the morning."​
 +[22:52] <​@MGyST> ​ He points to the circle. ​ "What do your consultants say about this?  It's one of the magic circle killings, right?"​
 +[22:52] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Yes, I agree with that assumption."​
 +[22:53] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Definately related and the second murder that involved the new age movement."​
 +[22:53] <​@MGyST> ​ "​Great. ​ We don't have a lot of time.  One or two more murders before the killer goes to ground."​
 +[22:54] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Think we should pop the panic button?" ​
 +[22:56] <​@MGyST> ​ "Not yet." ​ He scratches the back of his neck.  "​Let'​s see if we can get anything from this scene before we drag everyone else in here."
 +[22:58] <​@MGyST> ​ As our group watches the Brazen Head packed away, and Kya takes a right with a fellow traveller -- this episode of "The Maddening Gyre" comes to a close.
  
campaigns/tmg/session_8_-_5-31-2015.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/26 16:36 by ryubasteon