Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:tmg:session_7_-_5-17-2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

campaigns:tmg:session_7_-_5-17-2015 [2020/02/26 16:36] (current)
ryubasteon created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[20:22] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ As we come back to our intrepid group caught in hte "​Maddening Gyre" -- Tokai'​s ally in the FBI gives him some information that may make or break this case...
 +[20:22] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as MGyST
 +[20:24] * @Akuma_Tokai flips through the packet, skimming it over.
 +[20:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Definately say they'​re related Jack... Found some charred footprints. Although we did find the murder weapon. Local PD has it."
 +[20:25] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Occult circles too, the whole works."​
 +[20:26] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon nods and makes a couple of notes. ​ "​We'​ll get it and see if we can get more info off of it.  Circles the same?"
 +[20:26] * Tolman (Tol@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[20:26] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tolman
 +[20:26] * TolBot (TolBot@cd12f236.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[20:26] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​I'​ll take you too the scenes myself and show you, I have a local team of, experts for the lack of better words on the circles themselves."​ (welcome tol)
 +[20:26] * DABot (DABot@f393efab.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
 +[20:26] * TolBot waves goodbye to DABot
 +[20:26] <​@Kya>​ (Welcome, we JUST started)
 +[20:26] <​@Tolman>​ `dice off
 +[20:26] <​TolBot>​ Dice function turned off. Use the command '​on'​ to resume dice functions.
 +[20:26] <​@Tolman>​ `dice on
 +[20:26] <​TolBot>​ Dice functions turned on. Use the command '​off'​ to cease dice functions.
 +[20:27] <​@Tolman>​ (sorry, had piano recital and then family over)
 +[20:27] * Tolman is now known as Ben_Tolifyr
 +[20:27] <​`peter>​ (we started 5 minutes ago)
 +[20:27] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "We actually found an additional circle, but it wasn't at the murder scene, they said it seems to be a circle of protection or whatnot."​
 +[20:28] <​MGyST> ​ "​Really...do you have a picture of it?"
 +[20:28] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I can't remember if I took a picture of it or not... lol)
 +[20:29] <​MGyST>​ (I don't think you did.)
 +[20:29] <​@Kya>​ (Aren'​t we at the cafe still, just take him outside.)
 +[20:29] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I'm not, I'm assuming I had to go pick Agent Talon up off his flight)
 +[20:30] <​MGyST>​ (He's at the airport, the rest of you are at the cafe -- which means Kya needs to clock in for another eight hour grind)
 +[20:31] * @Akuma_Tokai passes over the Sgt's card, "He took some, Sgt Hessel, local Gang Taskforce... This doesn'​t seem to be gang related to me, so his involvement has me questioning what he was doing there."​
 +[20:31] <​@Kya>​ (Sigh, work me to the bone)
 +[20:32] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (I took a pic of it)
 +[20:32] * @Ben_Tolifyr pulls the pic up on his device.
 +[20:32] <​MGyST>​ (At least you'll have a decent retirement package when you hit 75)
 +[20:32] <​MGyST>​ (Who went with Akuma to grab the agent?)
 +[20:32] * @Kya sits at the table sipping a fresh cup of hot chocolate.
 +[20:33] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Since I failed to take a picture of it Jack, I'll take you there first. Something you really need to see first hand, plus my guys there can fill you in more on the details,"​ he flips through a few pages, "this Doc Braun, seems to know his stuff, probably wouldn'​t hurt to get him down here to check these out in person too."
 +[20:34] <​MGyST>​ (Yes, it will hurt.)
 +[20:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (since Ben was already pulling out his device, I guess we can assume he came with me?)
 +[20:35] <​MGyST>​ (Sure)
 +[20:36] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Sorry Jack, this is Ben Tolifyr, Ben, this is Special Agent Jack Talon, FBI."
 +[20:37] * @Akuma_Tokai passes the brief over to Ben to look over too.
 +[20:37] <​MGyST>​ "Nice to meet you, sir."
 +[20:41] <​MGyST>​ (brb in a sec)
 +[20:41] * @Kya looks around the table, a bored look in her eyes.
 +[20:42] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Zio can't make it, stuck in hotel with no wifi.. the brutes!)
 +[20:42] <​@Kya>​ (Tell him to hump a pillow and leave it in the hall as punishment to the hotel!)
 +[20:43] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (relayed lol)
 +[20:44] <​@Kya>​ (LOL)
 +[20:44] <​MGyST>​ (What'​s Zio doing in a hotel in Outer Mongolia?)
 +[20:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I think Tol is afk... >"<​ )
 +[20:44] <​`peter>​ (nah, other countries have better internet than us...)
 +[20:46] <​MGyST>​ With traffic being conviently light...Akuma and Tolifyr make it back to the cafe.  Tolifyr is reading a bullet stopping thick briefing.
 +[20:47] * Shaddow is now known as Shad`afk
 +[20:47] * @Akuma_Tokai stops at the counter and introduces Jack to the Proprietress and his friends there, before taking him back to the circle, "This is the circle that we found here."
 +[20:52] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon steps close to it, but doesn'​t lay a finger on it.  "​Interesting. ​ When was this found?"​
 +[20:52] <​MGyST>​ Agent Talon takes out his cellphone and takes several pictures of it.
 +[20:53] <​MGyST> ​ "Hi -- I'm Brianne and this thing'​s been here for about a month. ​ I just thought it was kids having some fun.  I'm not hurt by it or anything."​
 +[20:54] <​MGyST> ​ "​No...this doesn'​t look like gang tags.  How's the area?  Rough neighborhood?"​
 +[20:54] <​MGyST> ​ Brianne looks to Tokai and through the window at the others. ​ "No, sir.  We all get along here."
 +[20:55] * @Akuma_Tokai smirks and looks a Brianne, "No more than some local hoodlums, the usual in a town this size. They'​re not organized enough to be involved though."​
 +[20:55] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon regards her for a second. ​ "All right. ​ Well, I'm going to check in with the field office and get these pictures to the division, then you can introduce me to your think tank."
 +[20:56] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon takes one more picture and walks away, holding his phone up to his ear.
 +[20:56] <​MGyST> ​ "​Who'​s that?"
 +[20:56] * @Akuma_Tokai walks back to the others and calls them together and explains the situation.
 +[20:57] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (sorry, back)
 +[20:57] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I sent you a PM Tol with a link to the brief)
 +[20:57] * @Akuma_Tokai glances back at Brianne, "Whos who?"
 +[20:58] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (I opened it… too much to read right now)
 +[20:58] <​`peter>​ (sigh. Being called away for a bit. Pretend I'm engrossed in a book or something)
 +[20:58] <​MGyST> ​ "Tall, Dark and Menacing. ​ said he's with teh FBI.  Why would they be here and lookin'​ at the circle?"​
 +[20:59] * @Kya finishes her hot chocolate and starts scooping out the leftover whipped cream.
 +[20:59] <​MGyST> ​ Brianne'​s eyes go wide.  "They don't arrest witches, do they?"
 +[20:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I called them in, thats Special Agent Jack Talon, this is a bit..."​ he pauses for a moment, "More involved than we first thought."​
 +[21:00] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​You'​re safe here though, don't think yours is directly related just best to make note of it."
 +[21:02] <​MGyST> ​ She nods and heads back inside. ​ Walking by Kya, she makes a quick tally and heads back to the back kitchen.
 +[21:03] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Friends,​ Agent Talon is a reliable source and gives us access to a wealth of resources on the investigative front, we need to focus more on the occult, we're overlooking something, and it looks like this isn't localized to here..."​
 +[21:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Looks like by this brief, 12 other similiar murders..."​
 +[21:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Kya: Zio says "Will do, may hump all the pillows."​)
 +[21:05] <​@Kya>​ (YES!)
 +[21:05] <​MGyST>​ (mental note: pack own pillow for trips)
 +[21:09] * @Kya looks on, somewhat interested.
 +[21:09] <​MGyST>​ Brianne comes back with hot coffee for Akuma, another hot chocolate for Kya, tea for Ben and Peter.
 +[21:09] <​MGyST> ​ There'​s a tiny clatter from the back,
 +[21:10] <​MGyST>​ "Not feeling it today, Jimmy." ​ Kya heads to the back.  The whole tea house is almost deserted.
 +[21:11] * @Akuma_Tokai accepts the coffee, "​Thanks,​ sorry for the hassle Brianne,"​ he riffles through the brief again, and focuses on the circles shown.
 +[21:11] <​@Kya>​ (I head to the back?)
 +[21:11] <​MGyST>​ (anyone else wanting to look in on the briefing? ​ Let me know and I'll either messenge it through facebook or email)
 +[21:12] * @Ben_Tolifyr looks on with Akuma
 +[21:12] <​Julius>​ [ill scan through it]
 +[21:12] <​MGyST>​ (only six hours and most of that was last night -- drink it in.)
 +[21:13] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “Are these symbols then all for summoning fae?”
 +[21:13] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Briefing: http://​grovewoodsaga.com/​tiki-download_file.php?​fileId=40 )
 +[21:13] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (ignore that please...)
 +[21:15] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (nvm I guess? I dunno.. I need panned to wake my ass up)
 +[21:15] * Shad`afk is now known as Shaddow
 +[21:15] <​MGyST>​ (anyone wanting to try to answer Ben's question can roll Int+Occult, diff 8.
 +[21:16] <​@Kya>​ 3d10 8
 +[21:16] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 3 3 4 ]: Failure ]
 +[21:16] * @Kya shrugs
 +[21:16] <​`peter>​ 5d10 8
 +[21:16] <​TolBot>​ [`peter'​s 5d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 1 9 1 9 7 ]: Failure ]
 +[21:17] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (3 int, 0 occult, so -3.. so 0d10.. I don't think I should bother lol)
 +[21:17] <​Julius>​ 4d10 8
 +[21:17] <​TolBot>​ [Julius'​s 4d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 3 2 9 10 8 ]: 3 Successes ]
 +[21:17] <​`peter>​ (Really, bot? 2 1's?)
 +[21:17] <​Julius>​ [ta-dah]
 +[21:17] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ 1d10 Occult
 +[21:17] <​TolBot>​ [Ben_Tolifyr'​s 1d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 7 ]: 1 Success Occult]
 +[21:20] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Peter,​ do you know of this Doctor Terry Braun? He was the one looking into the circles."​
 +[21:20] <​`peter>​ "​hrmm."​
 +[21:26] <​`peter>​ "Yes, I've heard of him. I can't say that I care for his style of work."
 +[21:29] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon comes back.  He looks at the cafe and at the others as they'​re reading the briefing over Ben's shoulders.
 +[21:30] * @Akuma_Tokai motions Jack over
 +[21:30] <​MGyST> ​ Jack pulls us a chair
 +[21:30] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "These are my think tank, and before you say anything they are in my full confidence."​
 +[21:30] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Know alot more about the occult side of things than anybody else I know."
 +[21:31] <​`peter>​ "among other topics."​
 +[21:31] <​MGyST> ​ "You have a twelve year old girl here."
 +[21:32] <​`peter>​ "Age does not equal intellect and knowledge."​
 +[21:33] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Hate to say it Jack, but she puts most snipers I know to shame..."​
 +[21:33] * @Kya sips her hot chocolate and nods at Jack.
 +[21:33] <​@Kya>​ "I don't like killing people, Usually I just spy on people without them knowing it.
 +[21:35] * @Kya resumes sipping her hot chocolate.
 +[21:37] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon shakes his head.  "​I'​ll try to dance around this in the report. ​ Anyway... we're looking at a long standing serial killer coming to Grovewood. ​ If he or she sticks to the pattern, two or three other people are going to die."
 +[21:37] <​MGyST> ​ Brianne walks up to the agent. ​ Her demeanor is a little more reserved. ​ "​Anything I can get you, agent?"​
 +[21:38] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I agree, I don't intend to let him get one more, I need more access than I have in the field of the police, assuming you're going to be our liason?" ​
 +[21:39] <​MGyST> ​ "​Yep."​
 +[21:40] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Excellent,​ glad its you, not some pissant who has to get permission for every little request."​
 +[21:41] <​MGyST> ​ "I guess they needed someone with charisma...so they sent me, instead."​
 +[21:41] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Remember,​ whats his name... Sam... Started with a K... Kinsman? I think it was, I so wanted to break my foot off in his ass by the time it was over with."
 +[21:43] <​`peter>​ (sigh, I need to afk for a bit... sorry)
 +[21:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Anyways,​ I think we need to head down to the local PD and bring them up to speed. Then, I need to see the body myself."​
 +[21:44] <​MGyST> ​ "Oh, yeah -- we got him sent to North Dakota." ​ He turns to Brianne. ​ "​I'​ll have coffee, black."​
 +[21:44] <​MGyST>​ "​I'​ll be right back."
 +[21:45] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “Is there a pattern?”
 +[21:47] <​MGyST> ​ "​Beyond the circles and the methods of the ritual killings? ​ Not that I can see.  Can you figure out what specifically they were trying to call in the last one?"
 +[21:49] <​MGyST>​ (anyone have questions for me about what's in the briefing?)
 +[21:50] <​@Kya>​ (Is this guy fae or human?)
 +[21:50] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “Well, fortunately,​ it wasn’t done right."​
 +[21:50] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Human as far as I know)
 +[21:50] <​MGyST> ​ "Or let me ask this, since this group is more in tune with the occult. ​ Why would someone want to bring something over?"
 +[21:50] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “If done right, those circles could bring over the Gentry."​
 +[21:51] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “Lots of reasons, I would think"
 +[21:52] <​MGyST> ​ "What are the Gentry?"​
 +[21:52] <​MGyST> ​ "Is this a cult?"
 +[21:53] <​@Kya>​ "​That'​s what the bad cult people call themselves we think."​
 +[21:53] * @Kya kicks Ben under the table.
 +[21:53] * Julius glares at Ben
 +[21:53] <​@Kya>​ (This guy's human, so don't mention fae stuff to him.)
 +[21:54] <​Julius>​ "Aye, a cult."
 +[21:54] <​MGyST> ​ The tables jumps slightly, right before Brianne sets down the coffee cup.
 +[21:54] <​MGyST> ​ "Your coffee, sir.  Anything else?"
 +[21:54] <​Julius>​ "Could I get a tea and a blueberry muffin?"​
 +[21:55] * @Akuma_Tokai takes a drink of his coffee and goes over all the information
 +[21:56] <​MGyST> ​ "Sure thing. ​ Want sugar or milk with the tea?"
 +[21:56] <​Julius>​ "Milk please, and thank you."
 +[21:56] <​MGyST>​ (The TL;DR of the briefing: Dang! That dude's psycho! ​ You should stop him!)
 +[21:58] <​@Kya>​ "So when are we going to get these bad guys?"
 +[21:59] * @Akuma_Tokai writes down all the names in the briefing, "​Julius,​ a word please,"​ he walks away from the group to the other side of the room, taking the list with him.
 +[21:59] * Julius follows Akuma
 +[21:59] * @Ben_Tolifyr goes quiet.
 +[21:59] <​MGyST> ​ Brianne sets the tea and muffin -- large enough to have its own moon -- on the table.
 +[22:00] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Take this," he hands the list of names over amd whispers, "and call your court, see if any of these names are known among them. Got a suspicion they may be linked."​
 +[22:00] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Have them relay it to the other courts if they will."
 +[22:00] * Julius nods
 +[22:01] <​Julius>​ "To be honest, I was thinking the same thing."​
 +[22:01] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Glad to see we're on the same page."
 +[22:01] * @Kya keeps an eye on Julius from the table.
 +[22:01] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Kya, what court are you again, I can't keep all this straight in my head)
 +[22:01] <​MGyST>​ (No you;re hoping he disappears so you can grab teh muffin)
 +[22:01] <​Julius>​ [lol]
 +[22:01] <​MGyST>​ (Kya's in the winter court)
 +[22:02] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (what was Zeph?)
 +[22:02] <​MGyST>​ (I think she was in the autumn court)
 +[22:02] * Julius pulls out his cell phone and makes a call to...whoever is the secretary for the winter court
 +[22:03] <​@Kya>​ ((Akuma - Summer, Julius & Kya - Winter, Dylan - Summer, Zeph - Spring, Ben - Sun, Peter - Autumn)
 +[22:03] <​@Kya>​ (I can grab the muffin at any time I want, I'm ninja like that.)
 +[22:04] <​@Kya>​ (/me picks up her phone. ​ "Hi this is Kya, Winter Secretary)
 +[22:04] <​Julius>​ [if you take my muffin,​youre grounded]
 +[22:05] <​@Kya>​ (Don't tempt me, I'll make a larceny roll!)
 +[22:05] * @Akuma_Tokai goes back over to the table and sits back down.
 +[22:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Last case Jack, what was the time between the murders? Want to know our rough time table."​
 +[22:09] <​MGyST> ​ "29 months from Lexington to Savannah, but once the suspect gets started, it's usually three or four days at the longest."​
 +[22:10] <​MGyST> ​ "​I'​m surprised the killer hasn't struck yet."
 +[22:10] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Thats my concern, maybe he has and we've missed it."
 +[22:12] <​@Kya>​ "How many times does the killer strike in an area?"
 +[22:13] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Looks like 4 by the brief"
 +[22:13] <​^ThEeYe^>​ (why are you all fightin about muffins, arent there enough for all)
 +[22:13] <​MGyST>​ (It's not the muffin, but the thrill of the swipe)
 +[22:14] <​^ThEeYe^>​ (its still fighing about muffin.... /pun)
 +[22:14] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “Yes, it is time then, unfortunately."​
 +[22:15] <​MGyST>​ (I'm taking away an experience point for that.)
 +[22:16] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (dammit ^ThEeYe^ I'm going to get Zio to mUnfin you!)
 +[22:16] * Julius puts away the phone
 +[22:17] * @Kya eyes Julius'​ muffin.
 +[22:17] <​^ThEeYe^>​ (umfpossible)
 +[22:17] * Julius comes back and grabs his muffin before Kya can take it
 +[22:17] <​MGyST>​ (The muffin opens its eyes and hisses at Kya)
 +[22:17] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Kids, do I have to put you in timeout again?"​ he chuckles.
 +[22:18] <​@Kya>​ (Me touches it and snuffs out its life-force.)
 +[22:18] <​MGyST> ​ "​These...Gentry? ​ You called them?  Are they elders in a church?"​
 +[22:19] * Julius gestures away from the table "​Akuma,​ if you would."​
 +[22:19] * @Akuma_Tokai slides back and heads over to Julius.
 +[22:21] <​Julius>​ "It seems Allan was taken,​returned four years later,and no fetch. Also, it was Laurel'​s fetch that was murdered, Laurel'​s whereabouts are unknown. ​ Don't know about the rest."
 +[22:21] * @Kya kicks Julius under the table.
 +[22:21] <​MGyST> ​ Brianne shows up and hands a check to Talon. ​ Talon takes out a credit card and hands it to her.
 +[22:22] <​MGyST> ​ "​I'​ll need a receipt, miss."
 +[22:22] <​Julius>​ "Er, Albert, not Allan."​
 +[22:22] <​Julius>​ [quite a feat,as im not at the table]
 +[22:22] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Alright,​ do you konw Laurel'​s last name?"
 +[22:23] <​@Kya>​ (I retract my kick then, and steal your muffin)
 +[22:23] <​Julius>​ "​Didn'​t you read the briefing?"​
 +[22:23] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (brain fart)
 +[22:23] <​Julius>​ "​It'​s Rollen."​
 +[22:24] <​Julius>​ [another magnificent feat,as im eating it :p]
 +[22:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Thats right, ok."
 +[22:24] * @Kya yawns.
 +[22:25] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Was that from all the courts, or just yours?"​ he whispers.
 +[22:25] <​Julius>​ "Just mine. Put in a request for our secretary to ask around about the other names."​
 +[22:26] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Alright you hear anything else let me know right away..."​
 +[22:26] <​MGyST> ​ He makes a couple of notes in his pad.  "If you'll excuse me, I need to check in with the hotel and make sure they got the room ready." ​ Agent Talon gets up and walks away from the table, lifting phone to ear.
 +[22:26] * Julius nods,heads back to the table
 +[22:27] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Really Jack? Hotel, you know where I hide the key to my place."​
 +[22:28] <​MGyST> ​ "​Yes...all the more reason to have a hotel room."
 +[22:28] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (gotta afk a bit)
 +[22:28] <​MGyST>​ (ok)
 +[22:28] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Funny.. you're going to try to hook up with whats her face again arn't you..." ​
 +[22:29] <​MGyST> ​ "As much as I would like to say be more specific, I'm probably going to have to have you testify in court."​
 +[22:29] <​MGyST> ​ The agent steps outside.
 +[22:31] <​@Kya>​ "What if Laurel killed her fetchthingy and fled into the hedge?"​
 +[22:31] * @Kya ponders to herself as if she's trying to think things through.
 +[22:32] * @Akuma_Tokai he laughs and stops for a moment and thinks, "She couldn'​t be... I hope she isn'​t...
 +[22:32] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ " he pulls out his phone and flips throug his contacts until he finds the one he's looking for, Destiny Raynor. ​
 +[22:32] <​@Kya>​ (Laurel was summer court, was she not?)
 +[22:33] <​MGyST>​ (You don't know)
 +[22:33] <​@Kya>​ "Was Laurel Summer court?"​
 +[22:33] <​@Kya>​ "Or a fire fae?"
 +[22:35] * @Kya looks around the table for somebody to acknowledge her.
 +[22:36] * @Akuma_Tokai hangs his phone back up and tosses it in its case. "Hate to ask this... is Destiny Raynor known to any of you in your courts? Please tell me she isn'​t."​
 +[22:36] <​@Kya>​ (Is there a check for that?)
 +[22:36] <​MGyST>​ (...and like many other young ladies -- she's ignored until the drama happens)
 +[22:37] <​@Kya>​ "I don't know her."
 +[22:37] <​Shaddow>​ (just have her flash her tits, that usually does it)
 +[22:37] * @Kya pulls out her phone and tries to send a text.
 +[22:37] <​`peter>​ "​Who?"​
 +[22:38] <​`peter>​ (btw, back.)
 +[22:38] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Destiny Raynor, a mutual friend of Mine and Jack... She's not answering her phone and she usually does pretty quickly. Not sure if she's fae, never bothered to find out."
 +[22:38] <​@Kya>​ "I think she's mortal."​
 +[22:39] * @Kya looks at her phone and over at Peter.
 +[22:39] <​@Kya>​ (Or Julius)
 +[22:39] <​@Kya>​ "What was that Laurel girl's last name?"
 +[22:39] <​MGyST>​ (much like Highlander -- fae can get a vague impression of if another is nearby)
 +[22:39] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Rollen"​
 +[22:39] <​Julius>​ "​Rollen,​why?"​
 +[22:39] * @Kya types on her phone.
 +[22:39] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Well, that tingling with her could very well be something else lol)
 +[22:40] <​@Kya>​ (Fleas)
 +[22:40] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (or the crabs... XD)
 +[22:41] <​`peter>​ "wish I had a better database to search. The books are having the answers less and less."
 +[22:41] <​MGyST>​ (Fae hurtin'​ your game?  There'​s a salve for that.)
 +[22:42] * @Kya types some more, and is concentrating way too much.
 +[22:42] * @Kya shrugs
 +[22:42] * @Kya types some more.
 +[22:45] * @Kya looks up.
 +[22:45] <​@Kya>​ "​What'​s coordinate mean?"
 +[22:45] <​`peter>​ "​depends on context."​
 +[22:45] * @Kya looks back down.
 +[22:46] * @Kya puts her phone away.
 +[22:47] <​@Kya>​ "​Should we go find this Destiny girl?"
 +[22:48] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I don't know... maybe I caught her in the middle of a class... "
 +[22:49] <​@Kya>​ "Are we going to do anything then?"
 +[22:49] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon walks back into the tea house. ​ "So -- Are the Gentry the elders of this cult or are they the focus of worship?"​
 +[22:50] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Jack, I can't answer that as I don't know. More importantly,​ have you heard from Destiny? She's not answering her phone and you know how she is about that."
 +[22:50] * `peter turns to Kya "I could speak with my cou... contacts, but I'm not sure what they'd know."
 +[22:52] <​`peter>​ "The cult seems vague and interchanges the word enough within our sources to make it more complex than a single meaning."​
 +[22:52] <​`peter>​ "It is still something we are trying to define."​
 +[22:53] <​MGyST> ​ "Let me call her." ​ he stands up, almost colliding with Brianne -- who gives him a look that would have curdled milk still inside the breast. ​ "​Sorry,​ ma'​am."​
 +[22:53] <​MGyST> ​ She gives him a forced smile  "No problem, agent. ​ Here's your receipt and card."
 +[22:54] * @Kya shudders
 +[22:56] * Julius raises an eyebrow and sips his tea
 +[22:56] <​MGyST> ​ She turns to the others. ​ The smile is real again  "Can I get y'all anything else?"
 +[22:57] <​Julius>​ "No, thank you."
 +[22:57] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Asprin if you have any..."​
 +[22:57] <​@Kya>​ "A delicious muffin?"​
 +[22:58] <​MGyST> ​ She looks down like she's trying to think of something. ​ "I think I've got something like aspirin. ​ I definitely have a delicious muffin. ​ I'll be right back with everything."​
 +[22:58] <​MGyST>​ (brb -- getting water -- plot amongt yourselves.)
 +[22:58] <​`peter>​ (world domination?​)
 +[22:58] <​Julius>​ [/me plots to burn down the world]
 +[23:02] <​@Kya>​ (/me plots to steal Julius'​ muffin)
 +[23:03] <​Julius>​ [from my stomach?]
 +[23:03] <​`peter>​ (so... muffin domination)
 +[23:03] <​MGyST>​ (Hands Kya a knife)
 +[23:03] <​@Kya>​ (I could punch it, and force it back up.)
 +[23:03] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (muffanatrix)
 +[23:03] <​@Kya>​ (Oooh shiny)
 +[23:04] * @Kya sips her hot chocolate, which is now warm chocolate.
 +[23:05] <​MGyST> ​ Agent Talon comes back in.  "Got a hold of Destiny. ​ She says '​Hi'​ and wants me to come over."
 +[23:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Phew.. Alright glad to hear she's alright... with this stuff going on I was concerned."​
 +[23:05] <​MGyST> ​ Brianne comes back with two pills and a cup of water in one hand, and a muffin in the other.
 +[23:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Thanks."​
 +[23:06] <​MGyST> ​ "Here y'all go." ​ She hands the medicine to Tokai. ​ "For your head." ​ She hands the muffin to Kya.  "For your belly. ​ let me know what you think of it."
 +[23:07] * @Ben_Tolifyr smiles compassionately at Tokai.
 +[23:07] * @Kya takes a bite out of the muffin.
 +[23:07] <​`peter>​ "I need to get back to the library. Contact me if you fear anything else."
 +[23:08] <​`peter>​ (*hear, sorry...)
 +[23:08] <​MGyST> ​ She heads back to the counter, barely registering the agent'​s presence.
 +[23:08] * @Kya looks at the muffin oddly.
 +[23:08] <​Julius>​ "​Something wrong,​Kya?"​
 +[23:09] * @Ben_Tolifyr looks at Julius, and then Kya.
 +[23:09] <​@Kya>​ "The flavor is an autumny taste, not a summery taste.
 +[23:09] <​Julius>​ "Not sure I understand."​
 +[23:10] * `peter stops on his way out. "​Really?​ Interesting. I'll let you know what I find."
 +[23:10] <​@Kya>​ "It tastes a little like pumpkin, but pumpkins aren't ready yet for eating."​
 +[23:11] <​MGyST>​ ("I think that bitch is trying to poison me..."​)
 +[23:11] <​@Kya>​ "I should know, I stole one last week to eat, and it was yucky."​
 +[23:11] * Julius sighs
 +[23:11] <​Julius>​ "Kya, what did I tell you about stealing?"​
 +[23:11] <​MGyST>​ (Don't get caught?)
 +[23:12] <​Julius>​ [that,and only steal the good things]
 +[23:12] <​@Kya>​ "​Don'​t get caught, or was it don't admit to it?"
 +[23:12] <​`peter>​ (don't admit to anything?)
 +[23:12] <​`peter>​ (ha!)
 +[23:12] <​Julius>​ "​Don'​t DO it."
 +[23:12] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Alright,​ Jack. Lets go talk to the local PD, get what they have and anything we may have missed. Then I need to see the body, see if it was treated the same."
 +[23:13] <​@Kya>​ "Well I don't have to do it this week, because Akuma gave me lots of money, and I can eat here for free."
 +[23:14] <​MGyST> ​ "​Right,​ we'll talk to the LEOs and see what's there."​
 +[23:15] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Care to call your people and see what we can dig up on this Sgt Hessel... He still isn't sitting right with me."
 +[23:15] <​MGyST>​ While Kya revels in the well meaning destruction of the market economy and Tokai and Talon go to visit the Grovewood PD -- this section of "​Maddening Gyre" Comes to a close.
  
campaigns/tmg/session_7_-_5-17-2015.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/26 16:36 by ryubasteon