Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:tmg:session_4_-_4-19-2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

campaigns:tmg:session_4_-_4-19-2015 [2020/02/25 20:32] (current)
ryubasteon created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[20:13] <​@MGyST> ​ As the next part of the second episode of "The Maddening Gyre" opens, our group finds themsevles led to a wooden fence by a trail of burnt-looking foot prints. 
 +[20:13] * Kya_the_super_cute is now known as Kya 
 +[20:14] * +Dylan With everyone gathered by him now he climbs over the fence and will begin tracing the ash footprints from there. Always makign sure someone else is atleats with him. 
 +[20:14] * Tolman is now known as Ben_Tolifyr 
 +[20:14] * @Kya jumps up and climbs over the fence, making sure not to get her dress caught. 
 +[20:15] * +Julius climbs over as well 
 +[20:16] * +Dylan comes to a curb and the edge of a street where the burnt foot prints seem to end and grumbles 
 +[20:16] * @Ben_Tolifyr follows suit. 
 +[20:16] * @Akuma_Tokai follows after 
 +[20:17] <​@MGyST> ​ The trail goes dead at the curb. 
 +[20:17] * +Dylan motions straight ahead of them. "Seems it went straight that way. The Tracks might be picked up ahead of us." 
 +[20:19] * +Julius goes to check it out 
 +[20:21] * +Julius returns,​shaking his head "Nope, I didn't see anything."​ 
 +[20:23] <​@Kya>​ "Maybe it's not straight ahead."​ 
 +[20:24] * +Dylan nods a little "That means we'd need to split up to search then."​ 
 +[20:25] * +`peter makes a phone call to Akuma 
 +[20:26] * @Kya looks around at the available options for somebody to run. 
 +[20:26] * @Akuma_Tokai answers his phone as it pops up with Petere'​s name 
 +[20:26] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "This is Tokai."​ 
 +[20:27] <​+`peter>​ "​Akuma,​ I found some research on that golem from the other night. Seems he's looking for a Lost that was taken back."​ 
 +[20:27] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Alright,"​ he makes note. "​I'​ll relay it to the others."​ 
 +[20:28] <​+`peter>​ "​Name'​s Karl. Shall I return or do you have other research for me?" 
 +[20:28] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "See what you can find out about this golems properties, seems we have a trail of ash footprings leading away from the scene."​ 
 +[20:29] <​+`peter>​ "will do. I'll give you a call when I have something."​ 
 +[20:29] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Thanks."​ 
 +[20:29] * @Akuma_Tokai relays what he was told to the others as he hangs up. 
 +[20:30] <​@MGyST> ​ Akuma'​s phone rings a second time. 
 +[20:30] * @Akuma_Tokai pulls out his phone as it rings and checks the caller id before answering, "This is Tokai,"​ he speaks into the mouthpiece after the phone announces the line is secure, "Hey Jack, any news? The local field office?"​ he checks his watch, "Yea, give me 20 minutes and I'll be in." 
 +[20:31] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Sorry guys, that was my contact with the FBI, they need me to come into the field office. I'll be back as soon as I can."​ 
 +[20:32] * +Dylan gave a nod back to Akuma "Do we continue on or do soemthing else?"​ 
 +[20:32] <​@MGyST>​ (This is also when you find out that he has the only car... :D ) 
 +[20:32] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Do whatever you think is safe to do, I wouldn'​t confront it if you find it though."​ 
 +[20:32] <​@Kya>​ (but I rode with Julius) 
 +[20:32] <​+Dylan>​ (( ditto )) 
 +[20:33] <​+Julius>​ [and then my car suddenly explodes in a ball of flame] 
 +[20:33] <​@Kya>​ (Noooooooooooooo!) 
 +[20:33] <​+Dylan>​ (( meh, I walk everywhere )) 
 +[20:34] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Give me a call if you find anything else," he says as he gets into his car and heads off. 
 +[20:34] * Akuma_Tokai is now known as Ryu 
 +[20:34] <​@MGyST> ​ Akuma heads back to his car and drives off. 
 +[20:34] * @Kya looks around at the available options for somebody to run. 
 +[20:34] <​+Dylan>​ (( rest up ryu )) 
 +[20:34] <​@Ryu>​ (I'll try.. this being sick crap is for the birds) 
 +[20:34] * +Dylan will look around the place as well to see where someone could have run to 
 +[20:34] * +Julius also looks around the area 
 +[20:35] <​@MGyST>​ (To the left, the street ends in a cul-de-sac with three homes, to the right the road continues on, ahead is a yard where the road braches off and curves. ​ behind you are a couple of houses) 
 +[20:36] * @Kya goes to check out the cul-de-sac 
 +[20:36] * +Dylan looks to see if anyone goes with Kya before following after her. 
 +[20:36] * +Julius will go with Kya 
 +[20:37] <​@MGyST>​ All the houses are somewhat alike in design: single floor, concrete porch and driveway. Two windows in the front, A/C unit on the side and two seperate bedroom windows. 
 +[20:39] <​@MGyST>​ (going to make a map) 
 +[20:40] * @Ben_Tolifyr is scanning for interesting wifi net names. 
 +[20:41] * @Kya looks around for fiery footsteps, poops, and anything suspicious looking. 
 +[20:44] * +Julius looks for golem-related activities 
 +[20:44] * +`peter continues researching Promethian properties. 
 +[20:47] * +Dylan stands and starts to walk ahead to see what he can find there. 
 +[20:49] <​@MGyST>​ https://​realtimeboard.com/​app/​86203817/​Neighborhood/​ 
 +[20:50] <​@MGyST>​ (there'​s a swiftly and crudely drawn map of the neighboorhood) 
 +[20:51] <​+Dylan>​ (( but easy to understand :) )) 
 +[20:51] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ “Hmm"​ 
 +[20:51] <​@MGyST>​ ("Hmm -- Pete must have been really bad) 
 +[20:52] <​+Dylan>​ (( still going to walk forward to see what i can find, mostly following along teh sidewalk to the curve in the road )) 
 +[20:52] <​+`peter>​ (what?) 
 +[20:52] * @Kya pokes around the Cul-du-sac. 
 +[20:53] * +Julius looks around the "​Better house"​ 
 +[20:54] <​@MGyST>​ (The Better House is two stories) 
 +[20:54] <​@MGyST>​ (Anyone poking your nose where it doesn'​t belong -- roll Int+Investigation,​ diff 8) 
 +[20:55] <​+Julius>​ [i have a specialty in searching,​does that give me a bonus?] 
 +[20:55] * +Dylan would walk past Julius then on his way to the curve in the street ahead. 
 +[20:56] <​@MGyST>​ (Yes -- you get 9 and 10 again) 
 +[20:56] <​+Julius>​ 6d10 8 9 
 +[20:56] <​TolBot>​ [Julius'​s 6d10 (8Tgt/9Agn) [ 7 8 9 10 4 2 8 9 4 ]: 5 Successes ] 
 +[20:57] <​@Kya>​ 3d10 8 
 +[20:57] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 5 5 ]: Failure ] 
 +[20:58] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (My son just said, “That’s a map? It looks like a 5year old drew that”) 
 +[21:00] <​@Kya>​ (LOL) 
 +[21:00] <​+Dylan>​ 4d10 8/10 Preception ot notice any more tracks 
 +[21:00] <​TolBot>​ [Dylan'​s 4d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 7 9 5 3 ]: 1 Success Preception ot notice any more tracks] 
 +[21:01] <​@MGyST>​ (give that I'm using a mouse with my off hand -- I'm proud. ​ If your kid can do better -- I'll hire him.) 
 +[21:01] <​+Julius>​ [/me pats MGyST im sure its a beautiful map to the right people. we can put it on the fridge later] 
 +[21:01] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (my kids actually is an amazing draw-er/​artist for 11yrs old.) 
 +[21:01] * +Dylan turns around from the curve in the road to rejoin Julius to see if he found anything. 
 +[21:02] <​+Julius>​ "Found a bit of a footprint,​with what looks like a coffee stirrer."​ 
 +[21:02] <​@MGyST>​ (Can he do book covers? ​ He won't have to pay for college if he's good enough) 
 +[21:02] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (He can indeed!) 
 +[21:02] * @Kya rejoins the others, turning up nothing in her search. 
 +[21:03] * +Dylan looks around for the footprint Julius found and sees if he can find more. (what should I roll here?) 
 +[21:03] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (right now he’s gotten into Poser animation stuff last few months) 
 +[21:04] <​@MGyST>​ (wow...) 
 +[21:05] <​@MGyST>​ (Roll Int_Investigation 8) 
 +[21:05] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (I know, he’s pretty amazing for 11) 
 +[21:05] <​@MGyST>​ (I tried Poser...then quit about fifteen minutes into it) 
 +[21:05] <​+Dylan>​ 4d10 8/10 Track Finding 
 +[21:05] <​TolBot>​ [Dylan'​s 4d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 4 10 8 6 2 ]: 2 Successes Track Finding] 
 +[21:05] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (though all his characters end up looking like a person from Avatar:last airbender) 
 +[21:06] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (sorry, back to game) 
 +[21:06] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (speaking of me having kids, including a 12 year old girl, Mage your are the worst 12 yr old girl RPer… hehe) 
 +[21:07] <​+Dylan>​ (( lol )) 
 +[21:07] * +Dylan shook his head alittle "I dont see any other tracks.. Do you have a bag or something?"​ 
 +[21:08] <​@Kya>​ (Awww, you're so mean to me.) 
 +[21:08] <​+Julius>​ "Just pockets."​ 
 +[21:09] <​+Dylan>​ "We could take the trash with us,..but leave it in a bag or something. I'll go see if the others found something and have a bag." Without much ado he turns and walks to teh cul-du-sac to find the other 2 
 +[21:10] <​@MGyST> ​ The others are looking around. 
 +[21:13] <​@Ben_Tolifyr>​ (it’s just that your character ‘does stuff’. way too responsible for a 12yr old) 
 +[21:14] <​+Julius>​ [arcadia will do that to you] 
 +[21:14] <​@Kya>​ (Well I was kidnapped by Fae and made to do tasks for them that would get me into trouble if I didn'​t. ​ That makes you responsible real fast, but I'll work on my childness. :)   ) 
 +[21:14] <​+Dylan>​ "So we found this footprint and a coffee stirr straw thing. Does anyone have a bag?"​ 
 +[21:15] * @Ben_Tolifyr shakes his head. 
 +[21:15] * @Kya pouts and looks sullen and shakes her head no. 
 +[21:20] * +Dylan looked at Kya for a moment then looks through the window she was just looking at 
 +[21:22] * @Kya rejoins the others. 
 +[21:23] * +Dylan looks at the dog in the window for a moment before turning his head away to watch Kya 
 +[21:23] <​@MGyST>​ (What now?) 
 +[21:24] * @Kya kicks a rock. 
 +[21:24] <​+Dylan>​ (( honestly I dont know and I think everyone is not sure what to do next. )) 
 +[21:25] * @Kya goes down the other street looking for clues (Right on the map) 
 +[21:26] <​@MGyST>​ (roll Wits+Investigation,​ diff 8) 
 +[21:26] <​@Kya>​ 3d10 8 
 +[21:26] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 3d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 4 8 10 1 ]: 1 Success ] 
 +[21:27] * +`peter arrives after calling Akuma for directions. "​What'​s going on?" 
 +[21:31] <​@Kya>​ "I found a cup."​ 
 +[21:31] * @Kya holds up a coffee cup. 
 +[21:32] * +Dylan walks over to Kya and looks around where teh cup was found for some more tracks he could follow. 
 +[21:33] * +Julius searches as well 
 +[21:34] <​@MGyST>​ (roll Wits+Investigation,​ diff 8) 
 +[21:35] <​+Julius>​ 7d10 8 9 
 +[21:35] <​TolBot>​ [Julius'​s 7d10 (8Tgt/9Agn) [ 3 3 9 5 10 6 10 6 1 4 ]: 2 Successes ] 
 +[21:36] * +`peter watches the others. "Guys, what are we looking for?"​ 
 +[21:36] * +Julius points out another footprint 
 +[21:37] <​@MGyST> ​ This foot print looks like someone might have leaned out of something like a car. 
 +[21:42] * +Dylan looks at the track and tilts his head "​So,​..someone got out there and went to the rabbit hole?"​ 
 +[21:42] <​@Kya>​ "What did you find?"​ 
 +[21:43] * +Dylan holds up his hands and moves away from the groups alittle as his hone rings. he answers "​yes?"​ 
 +[21:43] <​@MGyST>​ "This is Phoebe -- I am tasked by the Courts to ask how things are going."​ 
 +[21:44] <​+Dylan>​ "​Currently found some tracks in the woods by the scene. Followed it to a neighborhood. Looks like the tracks went from the street to the club."​ 
 +[21:46] <​@MGyST>​ "Did you find anything else?"​ 
 +[21:46] <​@MGyST>​ (Phoebe: https://​www.facebook.com/​CtheLtheMaddeningGyre/​photos/​a.923260311067890.1073741830.366082703452323/​923260324401222/?​type=3&​theater) 
 +[21:46] <​@MGyST>​ (anyone in the Summer Court knows Phoebe -- she's the Court Secretary) 
 +[21:47] * @Ben_Tolifyr sits on the curb. 
 +[21:47] <​+Dylan>​ "Trash along the foot prints but nothing else. the footprints though, were scorch marks and ash. Not sure what made them."​ 
 +[21:47] <​@MGyST>​ "​Nothing else?"​ 
 +[21:47] * +`peter listens to Dylan. "May have been from a Promethian. Not certain about it, though."​ 
 +[21:48] * @Kya points to the coffee cup she's still holding... "Can we get some hot chocolate from this place?"​ 
 +[21:48] <​+Dylan>​ "​No."​ pause as he listened to Peter "​Friend just said it could be from a Promethian... Nothing else."​ 
 +[21:48] <​@MGyST>​ "You think a...what...killed Crystal?"​ 
 +[21:48] <​@MGyST>​ "You think a...what...killed Crystal?"​ 
 +[21:49] * +Dylan frowns alittle "Never heard of it. Hold one." he hands the phone off to Peter. "​Summer court Sec, name is Phoebe"​ 
 +[21:49] <​+`peter>​ "​Hello?"​ 
 +[21:50] <​@MGyST>​ "​What'​s going on with the investagtion?"​ 
 +[21:51] <​+`peter>​ "​We'​ve been looking around the scene. The footprints were nearby. Friend was looking into a potential murder weapon."​ 
 +[21:51] <​@MGyST>​ "I see...keep me up to date."​ 
 +[21:52] <​@MGyST> ​ She hangs up without saying another word. 
 +[21:52] <​+`peter>​ "​I'​m sure we... nevermind..."​ *passes the phone back to Dylan. 
 +[21:52] * +Dylan takes the phone back and pockets it 
 +[21:53] <​+`peter>​ "​I'​m not certain the footprints are related to the murder, but we should keep it as a lead."​ 
 +[21:54] <​+Julius>​ "​It'​s the only thing we have right now,aside from the weapon."​ 
 +[21:55] <​@Kya>​ "What about the coffee cup?"​ 
 +[21:55] <​+`peter>​ "​Promethians are usually tasked for a single purpose but may expand beyond the original task. It's possible it killed Crystal, but it may have just been in the wrong place. Plus, why would it use her as a way into the Hedge?"​ 
 +[21:55] <​@MGyST>​ The breeze stirs along, carrying the scent of rubber, grass and gas 
 +[21:56] * +Dylan srunches his nose. "Bring the cup incase. Lets go back if we're done here."​ 
 +[21:57] * @Ben_Tolifyr stands back up and walks over to the others. 
 +[21:57] * @Kya sniffs at the air. 
 +[21:59] <​+`peter>​ "I hope we'll get more information on the weapon soon. Akuma was too busy to go into detail when I asked where you were."​ 
 +[21:59] <​@MGyST> ​ People are calling out names, some admonishing them to do homework, others telling them its time for dinner. 
 +[22:00] <​@Kya>​ "Can we ask the people here, if they saw the person who had this cup?"​ 
 +[22:01] * +`peter thinks for a moment. "Shall we head to dinner?"​ 
 +[22:02] * +Dylan shrugs his shoulders but turns around and started waking back to the fence to climb over it, not really feeling like being around this place when family members gather since he cant remember his own 
 +[22:03] <​@MGyST>​ (Everyone heading out of the neighborhood?​) 
 +[22:04] <​+Julius>​ [i am] 
 +[22:04] <​@Kya>​ "​Don'​t we want to ask about this cup?"​ 
 +[22:04] * +`peter looks to Kya. "It may be random trash. Let's go to dinner and get you some hot chocolate."​ 
 +[22:05] <​+Julius>​ "Even if it isn't trash, I'm sure Akuma can have someone work on it." 
 +[22:06] <​@MGyST>​ (Something'​s wrong -- Kya is putting duty above hot choclate) 
 +[22:08] * @Kya doesn'​t look convinced, but would have no way home otherwise. 
 +[22:08] <​^ThEeYe^>​ (i am way too tired, i find myself rereading the same line over and over. good night all) 
 +[22:08] * ^ThEeYe^ (chatzilla@91e30e5e.cpe.net.cable.f33844f1.com.hmsk) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.91.1 [SeaMonkey 2.33.1/​20150321194901]) 
 +[22:08] * TolBot waves goodbye to ^ThEeYe^ 
 +[22:09] <​@MGyST>​ (night) 
 +[22:09] <​@MGyST>​ (everyone heading out?) 
 +[22:10] <​@Kya>​ (Might be wise to stop here) 
 +[22:11] <​@MGyST>​ (OK -- we can pick this up in a week -- sorry it seems to be dragging here.  I promise to slaughter more people ruthlessly next time)
campaigns/tmg/session_4_-_4-19-2015.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/25 20:32 by ryubasteon