Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:tmg:session_14_-_7-19-2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

campaigns:tmg:session_14_-_7-19-2015 [2020/02/26 16:44] (current)
ryubasteon created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[20:53] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ As this penultimate episode of "The Maddening Gyre" opens -- Fiona is arrested and taken away on an ambulance as she confesses to her crimes in quiet Grovewood. ​ As last, the unknowing world is at peace...but at what price? 
 +[20:53] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (tried to run Fallout 3 in compatibility mode, never worked.) 
 +[20:53] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (OK Logs up) 
 +[20:54] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (fallout 3 was trash... I've played Dawn of War on Win8) 
 +[20:54] * @Akuma_Tokai follows after the ambulance after his convo with the king 
 +[20:55] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (ok -- who's doing what?  Akuma is following along the ambulance. ​ Julius, are you with them?  Kya -- put that down, you don't know where it's been.) 
 +[20:55] * Kya skips into the parking lot and loads up Julius'​ back seat with all her new treasure. 
 +[20:55] <​Julius>​ [ill follow in my car] 
 +[20:55] <Kya> (I know where it's been, it was just stolen... twice.) 
 +[20:57] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (behind you, Julius, you hear your car door open and close. ​ Kya seemingly appears out of nowhere with brass goodies and a knife. 
 +[20:57] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ ) 
 +[20:57] * Julius sighs 
 +[20:57] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (LOL) 
 +[20:58] <​Julius>​ "Where did you...nevermind,​ I don't want to know. All strapped in?" 
 +[20:58] <​Shaddow>​ (back) 
 +[20:58] <Kya> <​click>​ 
 +[20:58] <Kya> "​Yup"​ 
 +[20:58] * Julius drives,​following akuma'​s car and the ambulance 
 +[21:02] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ As Akuma follows the ambulance, a ball of bright red flame bursts out of one side, sending the ambulance swerving into oncoming traffic, colliding with a car. 
 +[21:02] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Dammit... She doesn'​t learn..."​ 
 +[21:02] <Kya> "​Ooooh,​ she's mad again."​ 
 +[21:03] * @Akuma_Tokai slams on his brakes, and jumps from his car and runs to the ambulance, after his car comes to a complete stop and is put into park first of course! 
 +[21:03] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ Akuma hears screams as one person engulfed in flames staggers out and collapses on the ground. 
 +[21:04] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ Fiona jumps out -- a blazing form of red, yellow and orange. ​ She looks at Akuma, her lips drawing back in a atavistic snarl 
 +[21:04] <Kya> (Looks like I might lose connection again, if I didn't already.) 
 +[21:04] * Julius sighs,​follows Akuma_Tokai'​s lead 
 +[21:05] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ "​I'​M GOING TO GO BACK AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME OGRE!"​ 
 +[21:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Fionia! Don't make me do something you'll regret!"​  
 +[21:05] * Kya lets out a sigh. 
 +[21:05] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ "FUCK YOU!  YOU CAN"T DO ANY WORSE TO ME!" 
 +[21:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Thanks for the invitation, but you're not the kind of hot I like, besides the King already knows."​ 
 +[21:06] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ Fiona stutters to a stop...as if considering. ​ "Then I'm dead already. ​ What do I have to lose?"​ 
 +[21:06] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I have to know... Why do you want to go back?"​ 
 +[21:06] <​Shalanda>​ (Sigh) 
 +[21:07] * Shalanda is now known as Kya2 
 +[21:07] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (It's OK Mage.. I've had those days with my net) 
 +[21:08] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ "​Why? ​ I can't take being here!  Every day -- get up, scramble for work, scramble for court, scramble for food, for clothes, shelter. ​ What do I get?  A fucking pat on the head and a chance to do it over again. ​ Back there? ​ With my Gentry? ​ Everything was easy.  I knew what to do and I knew what happened if I didn't do it." 
 +[21:09] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ She shivers in spite of her hair radiating out from her sides. ​ "I want to go back.  And if I have to kill a hundred to do it, fine."​ 
 +[21:09] * Kya (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[21:09] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "You know. . . Maybe the king will understand and help you get back. . . Like your said, you're already dead, what else do you have to lose?"​ 
 +[21:09] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (needless to say -- she's way off her rocker) 
 +[21:10] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (and yes, I'm trying to redirect her...) 
 +[21:11] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ "​Killing Crystal? ​ Heh...if the King doesn'​t take my head, he has to hand me over to her sister. ​ You think she's gonna be quick? ​ Hell, no.  It's going to be years before she ends me." 
 +[21:11] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Crystal somehow came back..."​ 
 +[21:11] <​Kya2>​ "Why don't you just find your way back through the hedge?"​ 
 +[21:12] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ "​I'​d be snapped up by the first Gentry I'd find, or the first slaver. ​ I want my Master."​ 
 +[21:12] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "And who was that?"​ 
 +[21:13] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ "The Smiling Gentleman. ​ That's all I know."​ 
 +[21:13] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ Fiona takes a step to the side. 
 +[21:14] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Fiona... Don't do it, I really don't want to fight you, but I will if I must," he glances at the ambulance trying to locate the fire extinguisher. 
 +[21:15] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (roll Wits + Survival, diff 8) 
 +[21:15] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 4d10 8/10 
 +[21:15] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s Results: 3, 2, 9, 7 ([Successes:​ 1][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 1][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: l4n5v ] 
 +[21:16] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (the fire extinguisher...amazingly... is in it's housing and appearingly undamaged) 
 +[21:16] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ "You remember when you came out?  How much the world had changed?"​ 
 +[21:17] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I adapted, made friends. Mornings are always hell, but you know, I don't live under the constant threat of death should I disagree."​ 
 +[21:18] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ "You adapted. ​ I can'​t. ​ I have to do this.  I'll take no pleasure in hurting any of you -- but I'll do it." 
 +[21:18] * Kya2 starts slinking to Fiona'​s flank. 
 +[21:19] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ (Should I even bother to roll?) 
 +[21:19] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "You do realize, if I wanted to, I could have killed you earlier, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt... Don't make me regret that..."​ 
 +[21:20] * Magestar (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:20] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Magestar 
 +[21:20] <​Kya2>​ (Still here) 
 +[21:20] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ "I am so past regret right now."​ 
 +[21:21] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ Fiona takes another step to the side.  You all hear sirens moving towards your location. 
 +[21:21] <​Kya2>​ (If you like, I can roll too) 
 +[21:21] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (how far am I from said extinguisher?​ could I grab and spray her with it before she could get more than a few steps away?) 
 +[21:22] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ 6d10 8 
 +[21:22] <​DABot>​ Harlequin_J_Goat'​s Results: 4, 1, 7, 7, 2, 9 ([Successes:​ 1][Botches: 1][Total Sucesses: 0][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: v0lyd ] 
 +[21:22] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as MGy_GM 
 +[21:22] * @Magestar (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer) 
 +[21:22] <​MGy_GM>​ (It would have to be an initiative roll 
 +[21:22] * Magestar (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:23] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 1d10+4 Init 
 +[21:23] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (... well that smy plan lol) 
 +[21:23] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 1d10+4 
 +[21:23] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s Results: 1 ([Successes:​ 0][Botches: 1][Total Sucesses: -1][ReRolls:​ 0]) [RollID: k0hna ] 
 +[21:23] <​Kya2>​ 1d10+9 
 +[21:23] <​DABot>​ Kya2's Results: 9 ([Successes:​ 1][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 1][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: 349x9 ] 
 +[21:23] <​MGy_GM>​ 1d10+5 
 +[21:23] <​DABot>​ MGy_GM'​s Results: 7 ([Successes:​ 1][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 1][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: 8u8s9 ] 
 +[21:23] * Kya2 smacks DABot 
 +[21:23] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (wow.. its broke! Its not adding the modifier) 
 +[21:23] <​MGy_GM>​ (anyone else getting in on it?) 
 +[21:23] <​Kya2>​ (Init 18) 
 +[21:23] * Magestar is now known as Guest27447 
 +[21:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Init 5.. I'll fix that) 
 +[21:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (sadly I tested it and it worked.. so something broke lol) 
 +[21:24] <​MGy_GM>​ (Kya, Fiona, Akuma -- Julius, you getting in on this?) 
 +[21:27] <​MGy_GM>​ (Julius?) 
 +[21:27] <​Julius>​ 1d10+6 
 +[21:27] <​DABot>​ Julius'​s Results: 4 ([Successes:​ 0][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 0][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: 6j09c ] 
 +[21:27] <​MGy_GM>​ (init: Kya, Fiona, Julius, Akuma, Po-Po arrives in 3 rounds) 
 +[21:28] * Kya2 moves to flank and use her pawn shop dagger as a last resort. 
 +[21:29] <​MGy_GM>​ (using anything?​) 
 +[21:29] * Guest27447 (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer) 
 +[21:29] * Guest27447 (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:29] <​MGy_GM>​ 3d10 9 
 +[21:29] <​DABot>​ MGy_GM'​s Results: 2, 6, 3 ([Successes:​ 0][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 0][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: 4b3c1 ] 
 +[21:29] <​Kya2>​ (Not really using anything special... kinda holding action.) 
 +[21:30] <​MGy_GM>​ (ok) 
 +[21:30] <​MGy_GM> ​ Fiona takes one more side step, she's almost halfway across the opposing lane of traffic. ​ There is a residential area there, complete with people watching the stand-off right now. 
 +[21:31] <​MGy_GM>​ (Julius?) 
 +[21:32] <​Julius>​ [chasing after fiona,​waiting until situation improves to strike] 
 +[21:33] * Magestar (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:33] <​MGy_GM>​ (holding, allright) 
 +[21:33] <​MGy_GM>​ (Akuma? ​ Gonna shoot her? :D ) 
 +[21:33] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Magestar 
 +[21:33] * @Akuma_Tokai grabs the fire extinguisher,​ and throws it full force at Fiona, hoping it will hit her and explode, and rapidly cool her off. 
 +[21:34] <​MGy_GM>​ (YES!  Roll Dex+Ath 8 and re-roll tens.) 
 +[21:34] * Kya (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:34] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 4d10 8/10 
 +[21:34] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s Results: 4, 5, 7, 10, 7 ([Successes:​ 1][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 1][ReRolls: 1]) [RollID: 127lp ] 
 +[21:34] <​MGy_GM>​ (aww...) 
 +[21:35] * Kya (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer) 
 +[21:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (well.... I still have a bunch of XP I could have spent... any way I can boost that by another die? lol) 
 +[21:35] * Kya (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:35] <​MGy_GM>​ (but you hit her-- roll Str for damage, add any bonuses from being a bad-ass ogre.) 
 +[21:35] <​MGy_GM>​ (nope, should have done that before the game) 
 +[21:35] <​Kya2>​ (Geez) 
 +[21:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I still have no idea what bonuses I get to damage XD) 
 +[21:36] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 3d10 
 +[21:36] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s Results: 7, 4, 3 ([Successes:​ 1][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 1][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: r1n27 ] 
 +[21:36] * Guest27447 (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[21:36] <​Julius>​ [i still have no combat skills,​lol] 
 +[21:36] * Shalanda (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:36] * Shalanda (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has left #​grovewood 
 +[21:37] <​MGy_GM>​ (you can spend a point of glamour to give yourself extra dice in Strength) 
 +[21:37] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (oh hell, why not! one more d10 coming up!) 
 +[21:37] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 1d10 
 +[21:37] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s Results: 5 ([Successes:​ 0][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 0][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: 4e762 ] 
 +[21:38] * @Magestar (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds) 
 +[21:39] <​MGy_GM> ​ Akuma reaches into the burning ambulance and hurls the extinguisher at Fiona. ​ The ring catches on his finger, but doesn'​t pull off.  The metal tube angles a little bit, glancing off of Fiona'​s shoulder. ​ She staggers back a step, clutching her shoulder. 
 +[21:39] <​MGy_GM>​ (Kya and Julius -- free action for you) 
 +[21:39] * Kya (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[21:40] <​Julius>​ [is the fire extinguisher near me?] 
 +[21:40] * Kya2 will go after the fire extinguisher,​ if Julius doesn'​t,​ otherwise she will block Fiona'​s path to the residental area. 
 +[21:41] <​MGy_GM>​ (not really -- you'd have to take your free action getting to it) 
 +[21:41] <​MGy_GM>​ (Kya's closer to it.) 
 +[21:42] <​Julius>​ [then ill block Fiona'​s path so kya can get it,if possible] 
 +[21:42] <​MGy_GM>​ (ok) 
 +[21:42] * Kya2 rushes for the extinguisher. 
 +[21:42] <​MGy_GM> ​ In the confusion of Fiona getting struck, Kya scrambles for the fire extinguisher and Julius [very] bravely runs interference. 
 +[21:43] <​MGy_GM>​ (init) 
 +[21:43] <​Kya2>​ 1d10+9 
 +[21:43] <​DABot>​ Kya2's Results: 10, 10, 9 ([Successes:​ 3][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 3][ReRolls: 2]) [RollID: 3n37y ] 
 +[21:44] <​Kya2>​ (Init 19) 
 +[21:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (let me reboot Dabot I put the updates in) 
 +[21:44] <​MGy_GM>​ 1d10+5 
 +[21:44] <​DABot>​ MGy_GM'​s Results: 5 ([Successes:​ 0][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 0][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: 97n15 ] 
 +[21:44] * DABot (DABot@f3a0aa0f.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer) 
 +[21:44] * DABot (DABot@f3a0aa0f.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 1d10+4 
 +[21:44] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s 1d10+4: [Akuma_Tokai'​s 1d10(5 )+4]: 9  
 +[21:44] <​Julius>​ 1d10+6 
 +[21:44] <​DABot>​ Julius'​s 1d10+6: [Julius'​s 1d10(5 )+6]: 11  
 +[21:45] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (there, can fix it in realtime now too, running it through the debugger lol) 
 +[21:45] <​MGy_GM>​ (Kya, Julius, Fiona, Akuma, Po-Po in two rounds) 
 +[21:49] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I think Kya died again lol) 
 +[21:50] <​MGy_GM>​ (Fiona lights a cigarette and waits) 
 +[21:51] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (/me runs back to his car and grabs the extinguisher from the trunk and lobs it too, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!"​) 
 +[21:51] <​Kya2>​ (Sorry was running a trace route, and didn't notice I scrolled up in mIRC) 
 +[21:51] * Kya2 sprays Fiona with the extinguisher. 
 +[21:52] <​MGy_GM>​ (ok -- roll Dex + Ath to hit 8 and roll 10's again) 
 +[21:52] <​MGy_GM>​ (spend Willpower if you want for auto successes) 
 +[21:52] <​Kya2>​ 5d10 
 +[21:52] <​DABot>​ Kya2's Results: 6, 1, 1, 9, 10, 6 ([Successes:​ 2][Botches: 2][Total Sucesses: 0][ReRolls: 1]) [RollID: k20j8 ] 
 +[21:54] <​MGy_GM>​ (wow) 
 +[21:54] * Magestar (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:54] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Magestar 
 +[21:54] <​MGy_GM> ​ Kya raises up the extinguisher and tries to pull the pin, but it's bent too much to be ripped out in time. 
 +[21:54] <​MGy_GM>​ (Julius?) 
 +[21:55] <​Julius>​ [continuing to block her path] 
 +[21:55] * Kya (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:57] * Kya2 (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[21:57] <​MGy_GM> ​ Fiona makes a step towards Julius. ​ "Get out of my way.  I've seen woodsie types like you burn for days."​ 
 +[21:58] <​Julius>​ [woodsie?​] 
 +[21:58] <​Julius>​ "Not gonna happen. Best you step down,​now."​ 
 +[21:58] <​MGy_GM>​ [tree?] 
 +[21:58] <​MGy_GM>​ (Akuma?) 
 +[21:58] <​Julius>​ [darkling] 
 +[21:59] * @Magestar (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds) 
 +[21:59] <​MGy_GM>​ (ah -- sorry...) 
 +[21:59] * Kya3 (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[22:00] * Kya (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds) 
 +[22:00] * @Akuma_Tokai charges forward and punches at Fiona with all the strenth he can muster (no glamour this roll) 
 +[22:01] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 4d10 
 +[22:01] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s Results: 10, 6, 6, 10, 9, 1 ([Successes:​ 3][Botches: 1][Total Sucesses: 2][ReRolls: 2]) [RollID: 9g8pg ] 
 +[22:01] <​MGy_GM>​ (you hit a woman? ​ You cad) 
 +[22:02] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (No, I'm assuming I hit a Fire Elemental... :P) 
 +[22:02] <​Julius>​ [a woman on fire,no less] 
 +[22:02] <​MGy_GM>​ 3d10 
 +[22:02] <​DABot>​ MGy_GM'​s Results: 1, 5, 1 ([Successes:​ 0][Botches: 2][Total Sucesses: -2][ReRolls:​ 0]) [RollID: p9z1a ] 
 +[22:02] <​MGy_GM>​ (Oh, *bleep*) 
 +[22:02] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I think her head jus' went flying off...) 
 +[22:02] <​Kya3>​ (Well if anybody gets this, I'm going to upgrade my firmware next disconnect.) 
 +[22:02] <​MGy_GM>​ (ok) 
 +[22:03] <​MGy_GM>​ (roll your damage, and add 2 successes) 
 +[22:03] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (That'​d jus' be a str roll... so...) 
 +[22:03] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (2 success would be 2 more die?) 
 +[22:04] <​MGy_GM>​ (no, roll your strength and you get two additional successes) 
 +[22:04] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (ah ok) 
 +[22:04] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 4d10 
 +[22:04] <​DABot>​ Akuma_Tokai'​s Results: 8, 9, 1, 10, 7 ([Successes:​ 4][Botches: 1][Total Sucesses: 3][ReRolls: 1]) [RollID: 90d07 ] 
 +[22:04] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (5... ) 
 +[22:05] <​MGy_GM> ​ Akuma bellows and rushes Fiona, swinging his fist and connecting with her jaw.  Her head jerks gracelessly to one side and she hits the ground -- her flame gutting out in sputters. 
 +[22:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (*kicks his HP down by 1*) 
 +[22:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Do me a favor, and stay down..."​ 
 +[22:07] * Kya3 tucks her dagger away into her dress pocket. 
 +[22:07] <​MGy_GM>​ Fiona doesn'​t move 
 +[22:07] <​Kya3>​ (assuming the fight is over) 
 +[22:08] <​MGy_GM>​ (umm...yeah -- the fight'​s over) 
 +[22:08] * @Akuma_Tokai waits for Fiona'​s flames to die out 
 +[22:09] <​MGy_GM> ​ Her fire goes out, morphing back into her clothes. 
 +[22:09] * @Akuma_Tokai reaches down and checks for a pulse 
 +[22:09] <​MGy_GM>​ (weak, but steady) 
 +[22:10] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well she's not dead..."​ he runs back to his car to grab the small extinguisher there to try to get the flaming occupant and the ambulance out before the oxygen bottles explode. 
 +[22:12] <​MGy_GM> ​ The driver is unconscious,​ but there are no other survivors. ​ The Oxygen Bottle has some scorching around it. 
 +[22:12] * @Akuma_Tokai grabs the driver and pulls him back to his car, "​Julius stay with him!"​ 
 +[22:13] * Julius does so 
 +[22:13] * @Akuma_Tokai drags Fiona back towards his car too, just to be safe 
 +[22:13] <​MGy_GM> ​ The police finally pull up, swarming up to the ambulance. 
 +[22:13] <​Julius>​ "​You'​re going to be fine."​ 
 +[22:13] <​MGy_GM> ​ "Did that lady catch fire?"​ 
 +[22:14] * Kya3 returns to Julius'​ car. 
 +[22:14] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Who knows, Sir, get the FD here on the double, theres oxygen on board!"​  
 +[22:16] <​MGy_GM> ​ About fifteen seconds later, you hear the blair of the fire trucks sirens. ​ if anyone is watching now, they'​re doing it from behind glass. 
 +[22:17] * @Akuma_Tokai stays near Fiona 
 +[22:18] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Thats twice I knocked her out... lol) 
 +[22:19] <​MGy_GM> ​ The fire truck pulls up and the fire crews move in, quickly dousing the flames. ​ One of them trots up to you.  "Did you see what happened?"​ 
 +[22:19] <​Kya3>​ 6d10 
 +[22:19] <​DABot>​ Kya3's Results: 6, 4, 9, 3, 8, 3 ([Successes:​ 2][Botches: 0][Total Sucesses: 2][ReRolls: 0]) [RollID: pxzj2 ] 
 +[22:21] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "The ass end of the rig went up," he points to the charred occupant, " he came out, she followed. Pulled the driver out, he's at my car unconscious. She on the other hand, is under federal custody and tried to escape."​ 
 +[22:22] <​MGy_GM> ​ The guy nods.  "​Right. ​ Anything else we should know? 
 +[22:22] <​MGy_GM> ​ "​Chief! ​ We got a body here!"​ 
 +[22:22] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well, she's a bit of a hot head."​ 
 +[22:23] <​MGy_GM> ​ "​Right. ​ We'll get this taken care of." 
 +[22:23] <​MGy_GM> ​ One of the officers approaches you.  "Sir, where are taking her?"​ 
 +[22:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "She is under federal custody, was enroute to the hospital when this occured."​ 
 +[22:27] <​MGy_GM> ​ "Jesus -- dumb luck, huh?  Are you going to take her back or should we put her in a black-and-white?"​ 
 +[22:27] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I need to get orders regardless,"​ he manhandles her into his car. "​I'​ll take here wherever they tell me to."  
 +[22:28] * @Akuma_Tokai he pulls out his phone and dials the number from which his last call was received (the king) 
 +[22:28] <​MGy_GM> ​ "​Yes."​ 
 +[22:29] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Sir, she tried to escape. I have her in custody again. Where do you want me to take her for processing?"​  
 +[22:29] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "and medical treatment,"​ he says after a moment as to not arouse suspsicion. 
 +[22:30] * Kya3 talks to her Lucinda doll in the back of Julius'​ car. 
 +[22:31] <​MGy_GM> ​ "Bring her to court. ​ I'll alert the others. ​ If she tries to resist -- kill her."​ 
 +[22:31] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Understood,​ Be there shortly."​ 
 +[22:32] <​MGy_GM> ​ The King hangs up. 
 +[22:32] * @Akuma_Tokai drops his phone back in his pocket, "​Julius!"​ 
 +[22:33] <​Julius>​ "​Hm?"​ 
 +[22:33] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Got orders, follow me," he gets back into his car and starts the engine. 
 +[22:33] * Julius nods,gets in his car and follows 
 +[22:34] * @Akuma_Tokai heads to court 
 +[22:34] <​MGy_GM>​ (you'​re taking Fiona with you, right? ​ and Kya?) 
 +[22:34] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Fiona is in my car, I manhandled her into it) 
 +[22:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Kya is with Julius in his car) 
 +[22:36] <​MGy_GM>​ (ok) 
 +[22:37] <​MGy_GM> ​ It is a quiet ride for Akuma back to the Summer Court -- the second floor of a bookstore. ​ Inside, you see the entire Summer Court and the Kings of Winter and Autumn and the Queen of Spring. 
 +[22:38] <​MGy_GM>​ (guess which one looks really pissed) 
 +[22:38] * @Akuma_Tokai drags Fionia into the room with him. 
 +[22:39] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I guess more appropriately would be firemen carries) 
 +[22:39] <​Kya3>​ (Summer?) 
 +[22:40] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Summer King -- still looking worn from everything, nods to the assembled group. ​ "I call this Court to order. ​ Any who have petition with me, may speak."​ 
 +[22:40] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (would that be me? lol) 
 +[22:40] * Kya3 attempts to smooth out some errant wrinkles in her dress so she looks more presentable for the royalty. 
 +[22:41] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Queen of Spring Fleeting steps up.  "I ask that the murderess be turned over to my court for suitable punishment."​ 
 +[22:41] <​MGy_GM>​ (Yes, that's you all, too.) 
 +[22:42] <​Shaddow>​ (night all) 
 +[22:43] <​MGy_GM>​ (night!) 
 +[22:43] * Shaddow (me@a55583.14055af7.206.128.imsk) Quit (Quit: "To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."​ L.V.B.) 
 +[22:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I have but one request for bringing her... however she is punished, I need to make sure that I am cleared of involvment. She is expected to be in Federal custody. If you," he stops for a moment, as if searching for a word, "​dispose of her, make it look like a suicide... That is all I ask, also she did tell me the reasons for her actions, she was looking for her Master, 'the smiling gentlemen',​ as she could no longer stand the rigamarolls of human life. She prefered the simplicity of the ways on the otherside."​ 
 +[22:45] <​MGy_GM> ​ As Akuma talks, you can hear murmurs from the others. 
 +[22:46] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Winter King steps forward. ​ "Did she think to say this in order to spare herself? ​ All of us have had our Durance, but to want to go back is...unbelievable."​ 
 +[22:46] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "She seemed sincire in my eyes."​ 
 +[22:47] * Kya3 meekly steps forward. 
 +[22:48] <​Kya3>​ "I do believe she did want to go home to her master. ​ I silently obversed her actions for the last hours, and that seemed to be what she wanted."​ 
 +[22:48] * Kya3 scurries back. 
 +[22:48] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Summer King nods.  "Thank you for your input."​ 
 +[22:49] * @Akuma_Tokai holds his ground near where he put Fiona down. 
 +[22:49] <​MGy_GM> ​ "She kills my sister and we're all afraid of what happened there? ​ This court is too much of a pus--"​ 
 +[22:50] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Summer King stands up and his mein falls away.  The heat and the light pummel you down.  "HOLD YOUR TOUNGE, SPRING. ​ YOU ARE A VISITOR!"​ 
 +[22:51] * Kya3 shields her face with her arm. 
 +[22:51] * @Akuma_Tokai doesn'​t flinch 
 +[22:51] <​MGy_GM> ​ As the dazzling light dims... you remember that his title is "King of Summer Eternal"​...and anger is their emotion. 
 +[22:52] <​MGy_GM> ​ Everyone else bows their heads -- partly to block out the light, but to also avoid his gaze.  The Winter King closes his eyes, but does not bow. 
 +[22:53] <​Kya3>​ (I can relate to that.) 
 +[22:53] <​Kya3>​ (My vice is anger) 
 +[22:54] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (mines Wrath... lol) 
 +[22:54] <​MGy_GM> ​ "She is of my court. ​ The victim is of my court. ​ I have every right to justice. ​ Agent Tokai...can you enact such an...incident so as to look like suicide?"​ 
 +[22:54] <​Kya3>​ (Err wrath, not anger.) 
 +[22:55] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "With little help, not to hard to swing her from a tree, or for her to fall into a ravine."​ 
 +[22:56] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Winter King steps forward. ​ "If it is a matter of making her...disappear...there are swamps here with alligators that wouldn'​t mine a free lunch."​ 
 +[22:56] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "That as well works, I just need something for the feds to find."​ 
 +[22:57] <​Kya3>​ "Um... how do you plan on doing this, when she's supposed to be in custody?"​ 
 +[22:58] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​She'​s escaped once."​ 
 +[22:58] <​Kya3>​ "But doesn'​t it make you look bad if she escapes from you?"​ 
 +[22:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Maybe,​ but at the same time she's eleduded custody for this long, and only by happenchance did we stop her."​ 
 +[22:59] <​MGy_GM>​ (Yep -- ole "Five Second Head Start Tokai" is what they call him.) 
 +[22:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Safety first, I had to put my car into park...) 
 +[22:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "If I may, Sir," he looks up at the Summer King, then turns to the Spring Queen, "How would you like to see it executed?"​ 
 +[23:00] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Winter King looks down at Julius and Kya.  "​Assist him as needed."​ 
 +[23:00] * Julius nods 
 +[23:00] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Spring Queen thinks about for a minute. ​ "I want that bitch to suffer."​ 
 +[23:01] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Aligators it is. As she is still alive, and will be so when they start to eat her, and worse, her death will be happening on this side of the hedge, which is suffering for her as well."​ 
 +[23:02] <​MGy_GM> ​ The Queen nods.  "​Good. ​ I want her screaming as they eat her."​ 
 +[23:02] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​I'​ll do what I can."​ 
 +[23:06] * Crichton (Crichton@d3e43a24.hsd1.co.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[23:07] <​MGy_GM> ​ the Queen of Spring leaves, pausing to bow to the Summer King.  Her court follows behind. 
 +[23:07] <​Kya3>​ (Hey Crichton) 
 +[23:07] <​MGy_GM>​ (Hey) 
 +[23:07] <​Crichton>​ (( hey )) 
 +[23:08] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Then by your leave, we shall get started?"​ 
 +[23:10] <​MGy_GM> ​ The SUmmer King nods.  "Do what needs to be done to restore order to our freehold."​ 
 +[23:10] * @Akuma_Tokai nods, "​Julius,​ you read?"​ 
 +[23:10] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (**ready) 
 +[23:10] <​Julius>​ "As always."​ 
 +[23:11] <​MGy_GM> ​ As the thre begin their grisly task, we draw to a close this epsiode of "The Maddening Gyre"​. ​ Tune in next week for the conclusion of our harrowing tale.
campaigns/tmg/session_14_-_7-19-2015.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/26 16:44 by ryubasteon