Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:tmg:session_13_-_7-12-2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

campaigns:tmg:session_13_-_7-12-2015 [2020/02/26 16:42] (current)
ryubasteon created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[20:35] <​Harlequin_J_Goat> ​ When last we left "The Maddening Gyre" -- Kya had taken to riding in the trunk of Fiona'​s car in an effort to gain more insight into how the flamekin spent her time.  Akuma -- called away from our group for duty outside the town -- comes back and now we re-join Kya in this episode of "The Maddening Gyre": "​I'​m Too Old To Die Young Now"​. 
 +[20:35] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as MdGY_ST 
 +[20:35] * MdGY_ST is now known as MdGy_ST 
 +[20:37] * Magestar (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[20:37] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Magestar 
 +[20:37] * Magestar is now known as Kya 
 +[20:37] <​Mage-iPad>​ (Do them first please, I'm loading up the PC) 
 +[20:37] <​MdGy_ST>​ (ok) 
 +[20:38] * Mage-iPad (Magestar@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Remote host closed the connection) 
 +[20:38] * TolBot waves goodbye to Mage-iPad 
 +[20:38] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Brianne walks up to Julius. "Top you off, sir?"​ 
 +[20:39] <​Julius>​ "​Please."​ 
 +[20:39] <​MdGy_ST> ​ She holds up a pot of tea, then pours a little in the cup to fill it.  "You want anything else?"​ 
 +[20:39] <​Julius>​ "A blueberry muffin, if it's not too much trouble."​ 
 +[20:40] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "No problem, sweetheart. ​ I'll be right back.  Are your friends gonna drop by?" 
 +[20:41] <​Julius>​ "​Hmm,​probably."​ 
 +[20:42] * @Akuma_Tokai sits quietly and rubs his eyes 
 +[20:42] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​I'​ll have the coffee ready for them." ​ She walks away, making a note on her pad. 
 +[20:43] * @Tolman (Tol@2f549ae7.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has left #​grovewood 
 +[20:43] * TolBot waves goodbye to Tolman 
 +[20:44] <​@Kya>​ (Good to go here) 
 +[20:45] <​MdGy_ST>​ (... saind by no one ever stuck in the trunk of a car) 
 +[20:46] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Brianne comes back with a muffin and a pot of coffee. ​ "Your muffin, sir." ​ She looks to Akuma, "​Leaded?"​ 
 +[20:46] <​Julius>​ "​Thanks."​ 
 +[20:46] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "The stronger the better."​ 
 +[20:47] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Brianne looks at the pot.  "Let me brew you something with a little more bite to it.  Muffin, too?  And is your friend still out?"​ 
 +[20:48] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Sure, and I guess so, I got called out of town just got back in." 
 +[20:51] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Brianne nods and turns around to march to the counter.  
 +[20:51] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[20:51] <​Shalanda>​ (Grrrr) 
 +[20:51] * Shalanda is now known as Kya-the-Cute 
 +[20:52] <​MdGy_ST>​ (still need some more time?) 
 +[20:52] <​Kya-the-Cute>​ (No, I need stable internet. ​ I'm good to go) 
 +[20:53] <​MdGy_ST>​ (ok) 
 +[20:54] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Brittany carries out a muffin and sets it in front of Akuma. ​ "​Coffee'​s coming up, chief."​ 
 +[20:54] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Thanks"​ 
 +[20:55] * @Kya (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[20:55] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya 
 +[20:55] <​MdGy_ST> ​ While Akuma enjoys a free muffin, Kya... 
 +[20:55] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[20:56] <​Shalanda>​ (Mutter mutter... it's been like this all week.) 
 +[20:56] * Shalanda is now known as Kya 
 +[20:56] <​MdGy_ST>​ ... reappears in the trunk with pointed ears. 
 +[20:56] <Kya> (Missed anything "​me"​ related) 
 +[20:57] <​MdGy_ST>​ (not yet -- Akuma is plundering your muffin supply and the car's stopped) 
 +[20:57] <Kya> (Gotcha... wait keep your stinkin ogre paws off my muffins!) 
 +[20:57] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Kya hears the distinctive squeak-crumple of the driver'​s door open. 
 +[20:58] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "OK -- I have to do this.  I can do this."​ 
 +[20:58] * Kya listens to the background noise. 
 +[20:58] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Kya hears Fiona panting, like she's getting the nerve to do something. 
 +[20:59] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Candles,​ wicks and wax...candles,​ wicks and wax...candles...wick...WAX!"​ 
 +[20:59] * Kya-the-Cute (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds) 
 +[20:59] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya-the-Cute 
 +[21:00] * Kya gets a concerned look on her face, that nobody is really going to see in the trunk. 
 +[21:00] <​MdGy_ST> ​ In the gaps of the trunk, you see bright flame, followed by the screech of someone in pain. 
 +[21:01] * Kya tries to get a better look at what's going on. 
 +[21:01] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona bursts in bright red and yellow flames -- the heat of the explosion puffs eye-drying heat at you. 
 +[21:02] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:02] <​Shalanda>​ (Mutter mutter mutter... going to kill cyber terrorists) 
 +[21:02] <​Shalanda>​ (Last I saw was eye drying heat) 
 +[21:02] * Shalanda is now known as Kya-the-Cute 
 +[21:03] * Kya-the-Cute rubs her eyes from the heat. 
 +[21:05] * Kya-the-Cute continues to watch. 
 +[21:05] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona-Enflamed walks towards the back of a shop.  She opens the door, leaving a set of flaming footsteps and a puddle of slag where a lock was. 
 +[21:05] * Kya (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[21:05] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya 
 +[21:08] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[21:08] <​Shalanda>​ (There reset everything... but I doubt that will help.) 
 +[21:08] * Shalanda is now known as Kya 
 +[21:09] <​MdGy_ST> ​ From inside, you hear ringing alarms and see oil black smoke pouring out of the open door. 
 +[21:09] * Kya-the-Cute (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[21:09] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya-the-Cute 
 +[21:09] * Kya waves goodbye too. 
 +[21:10] <Kya> Text to Julius: ​ "​She'​s setting people on fire and I think there is a building on fire."​ 
 +[21:10] <​MdGy_ST>​ (are you going to get out of the trunk?) 
 +[21:10] <​Julius>​ "​Where?​!"​ 
 +[21:10] <Kya> (Do I see her around?) 
 +[21:11] * @Akuma_Tokai pulls ou this phone, "​Gaulman and Lirandro...Time to move." he checks his side arm and grabs up his keys, "​Sorry... This takes priority,"​ he dials Jack. 
 +[21:11] <​MdGy_ST>​ (No, she's inside -- as evidenced by the fire) 
 +[21:11] <Kya> (Sorry, didn't get that part.) 
 +[21:11] <Kya> (Yes I'll poke my head out. 
 +[21:11] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Agent Talon."​ 
 +[21:11] <​MdGy_ST>​ (s'​ok) 
 +[21:11] <Kya> Text: Let me look. 
 +[21:12] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Jack, get on the horn, something is going down at Gaulman and Lirandro. I'm heading there now."​ 
 +[21:12] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The front windows burst, letting fire fly out unfettered. 
 +[21:12] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Calling in the LEO.  I'll meet you there."​ 
 +[21:13] * Kya pokes her head out of the trunk to take a quick look around. 
 +[21:13] * @Akuma_Tokai hops in his car and hammers on the gas. 
 +[21:14] <Kya> Text to Julius: Gaulman and Lirandro. ​ Looks like a jewelry store. ​ She was talking about candles, wicks, and wax when she got out. 
 +[21:14] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The smoke hasn't stopped, but you see the trail of flaming footprints lead to the back.  Out hte front -- people are fleeing for the parking lot.  By the car, you see a knife with char halfway up the blade. 
 +[21:15] <​Julius>​ "On my way."​ 
 +[21:15] * Julius hops in his car and drives to the scene 
 +[21:15] <​MdGy_ST> ​ You hear sirens several blocks down and see fire trucks converging in the distance. 
 +[21:16] <​MdGy_ST> ​ People are trying to drive away, clearing a path for the fire trucks. 
 +[21:16] * Kya looks for something in the trunk that she can safely pick the knife up with, without burning herself or removing fingerprints and blood. 
 +[21:16] <​MdGy_ST> ​ There is a bag of clothing next to your foot. 
 +[21:17] * Kya grabs something appropriate and picks up the knife, then escapes back to the trunk to hide before Fiona comes back. 
 +[21:18] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona Enflamed comes back with brass candlesticks,​ snuffers and picture frames in her arms.  They are starting to glow from the heat. 
 +[21:19] <​MdGy_ST> ​ She opens the trunk, looking around as the flames gutter out and die.  She dumps in the sticks and fumbles for the bag of clothes. 
 +[21:20] * Kya holds incredibly still, hoping that what's in the trunk will conceal her enough from her spot in the back of the trunk. 
 +[21:21] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Kya, roll Dex+Ath to not get singed from the hot metal. ​ Diff 8) 
 +[21:21] <Kya> 5d10 8 
 +[21:21] <​TolBot>​ [Kya's 5d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 6 8 6 9 5 ]: 2 Successes ] 
 +[21:22] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Congrats -- the sticks and metal come close, but narrowly miss you.  They are hot -- you can feel the heat coming off of them and you're at least four inches away from them.) 
 +[21:23] <​MdGy_ST> ​ She grabs the bag, taking out a sweat shirt and a pair of sweat pants. ​ She looks around for a second. 
 +[21:23] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Shit! ​ Shit!"​ 
 +[21:24] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Akuma, you're in sight of the strip mall.  People have moved their cars to make a spot for the fire trucks (which are a few car lengths ahead of you). 
 +[21:25] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona-Flame Free gets into her car and starts the engine. 
 +[21:26] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (am I at the location or jus' in sight of it (eg can I see Fionas car?) 
 +[21:27] <​MdGy_ST>​ (You can see the parking lot -- you see a car that is pulling away.  Roll Wits and Investigation,​ diff 8 (three successes) to spot her car.) 
 +[21:27] <Kya> Text to Julius: ​ "​She'​s leaving. ​ She got candlesticks,​ thingies, and pictures with no pictures. 
 +[21:27] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 6d10 8/10 
 +[21:27] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 6d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 9 2 5 6 9 6 ]: 2 Successes ] 
 +[21:28] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Nope) 
 +[21:28] <​Julius>​ [am i there yet?] 
 +[21:28] <​MdGy_ST>​ (You are behind Akuma -- you cna roll your Wits and Investigation to see if you can spot Fiona) 
 +[21:28] * @Akuma_Tokai aims for the car that is pulling away to try to block it in, taking a guess (and praying) that he's right. 
 +[21:29] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (jumping the curb too if need be lol) 
 +[21:29] <​Julius>​ 7d10 8 
 +[21:29] <​TolBot>​ [Julius'​s 7d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 2 1 3 9 3 4 1 ]: Botched result of -1 ] 
 +[21:29] <​Julius>​ [lol] 
 +[21:29] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Julius has a stroke) 
 +[21:30] <Kya> (You think Akuma is her car) 
 +[21:30] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (I should have spent some XP for an additional Wits or Investigation... I have 13xp to spend XD) 
 +[21:30] <​Julius>​ [/me dies while driving,​crashes into fiona'​s car,killing kya and startling akuma] 
 +[21:30] <​MdGy_ST>​ (this is going to be a contested roll -- your Dex + Drive against her Dex + Drive.) 
 +[21:31] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 4d10 
 +[21:31] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 4d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 2 9 6 8 ]: 2 Successes ] 
 +[21:31] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Julius suddendly realizes he's English and driving on the wrong side of the road) 
 +[21:31] <Kya> (Kya will haunt you.) 
 +[21:31] <​MdGy_ST>​ 4d10 7 
 +[21:31] <​TolBot>​ [MdGy_ST'​s 4d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 5 2 3 7 ]: 1 Success ] 
 +[21:33] * @Akuma_Tokai jumps out of his car while drawing his weapon, and aiming it directly at Fionia, "You move, you die."​ 
 +[21:33] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Kill the engine, and put the keys on the roof, slowly... No ideas."​ 
 +[21:33] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Agent Talon pulls up, getting out of his car and aiming. ​ "GET OUT OF THE CAR, NOW!"​ 
 +[21:34] <​MdGy_ST> ​  Fiona looks like a trapped animal. ​ She raises up one hand and kills the engine. 
 +[21:35] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The police pulls in behind, getting out. 
 +[21:35] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona gets out of the car, holding up the keys. 
 +[21:35] * @Akuma_Tokai slowly moves around the car keeping his weapon trained on Fiona. "​You'​re done," he whispers as he grabs the keys and tosses them to Jack. 
 +[21:36] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "On your knees slowly, hands behind your head."​ 
 +[21:36] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "You fucking idiots don't understand. ​ I'm not supposed to be here!"​ 
 +[21:36] <​MdGy_ST>​ "​CANDLES WICKS AND WAX!"​ 
 +[21:36] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Talon fumbles the keys.  "​Hot! ​ Shit!"​ 
 +[21:37] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Everyone rolls initative who wants to get in on this) 
 +[21:37] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Fiona,"​ he whispers, "I will kill you..."​ 
 +[21:37] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (inits been so long, its d10+init right?) 
 +[21:37] <Kya> (Yes) 
 +[21:38] <​MdGy_ST>​ (1d10+Speed) 
 +[21:38] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Sorry init mod) 
 +[21:38] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 1d10+4 
 +[21:38] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 1d10(4)+4]: 8  
 +[21:38] <​MdGy_ST>​ 1d10+5 
 +[21:38] <​TolBot>​ [MdGy_ST'​s 1d10(8)+5]: 13  
 +[21:38] <​Julius>​ 1d10+6 
 +[21:38] <​TolBot>​ [Julius'​s 1d10(4)+6]: 10  
 +[21:38] <Kya> (Kya passes on init, unless the trunk is opened) 
 +[21:39] <​MdGy_ST>​ (The weather stripping is worn away enough so that you can look out, you see Akuma approaching Fiona as she yells '​candles wicks and wax'​) 
 +[21:39] <​MdGy_ST>​ 1d10+6 
 +[21:39] <​TolBot>​ [MdGy_ST'​s 1d10(2)+6]: 8  
 +[21:40] <Kya> TEXT - Julius & Akuma: ​ "​Don'​t kill her, I think she is trying to make a brass head."​ 
 +[21:41] <​MdGy_ST>​ (as it stands -- init is Fiona and then Akuma and Talon. ​ The police force is holding their init) 
 +[21:41] <​Julius>​ [what about me?] 
 +[21:42] <​MdGy_ST>​ Fiona kneels down quickly, holding her arms out to the side 
 +[21:43] <​MdGy_ST>​ Fiona starts to smoulder. 
 +[21:43] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "What the hell?"​ 
 +[21:43] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Akuma?) 
 +[21:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Smoulder as in go out, or smoulder as she's getting ready to flame up... lol) 
 +[21:45] <​MdGy_ST>​ (either or?  she wasn't on fire when she got out of the car 
 +[21:46] * @Akuma_Tokai adjust his aim to her shoulder, "Last warning, hands behind your head, or I will fire, and don't try anything creative."​ 
 +[21:47] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "You think I'm afraid of a fucking gun?  You know what I am." 
 +[21:47] * @Akuma_Tokai whispers "You know what I am as well, do you want to push it?" 
 +[21:47] <​MdGy_ST> ​ She puts her hands behind her head. 
 +[21:48] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Jack, check her car."​ 
 +[21:48] * Kya tries to secure the trunk shut. 
 +[21:50] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Agent Talon jogs to the car and peers inside. ​ "No other weapons. ​ Nothing else but an empty bag.  Want me to pop the trunk?"​ 
 +[21:51] * @Akuma_Tokai glances at Julius. 
 +[21:52] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The police hold their ground. ​ Akuma -- Fiona feels really warm from where you're standing as you cuff her. 
 +[21:53] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona hitches a sob.  "You don't get it.  You have no clue." ​ A tear rolls down her cheek, dropping off the point of her chin and hitting the ground with a little "​pift"​ of flame. 
 +[21:55] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (whats the time of day?) 
 +[21:55] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Talon opens up the driver'​s door.  "Jesus -- smells like a forest fire." ​ He reaches under the dashboard and pulls on the level. 
 +[21:56] <Kya> (I think night) 
 +[21:56] <​MdGy_ST>​ (late afternoon -- say 3:45) 
 +[21:56] * @Akuma_Tokai whispers, "What don't I get?"​ 
 +[21:56] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​This."​ 
 +[21:57] <​MdGy_ST>​ 6d10 8 
 +[21:57] <​TolBot>​ [MdGy_ST'​s 6d10 (8Tgt/​10Agn) [ 3 3 9 5 9 6 ]: 2 Successes ] 
 +[21:57] <​MdGy_ST>​ (roll two successes on Str+Brawl to avoid getting a faceful of skull) 
 +[21:57] <​MdGy_ST>​ (two or more) 
 +[21:58] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (with my blessing thing, I can spend a glamour and add an additional die?) 
 +[21:58] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Yes) 
 +[21:58] <​MdGy_ST>​ (like you need more...) 
 +[21:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 6d10 
 +[21:59] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 6d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 2 3 4 9 8 10 4 ]: 3 Successes ] 
 +[21:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (think thats right.. 3 dots brawl, 3 dots str lol) 
 +[22:00] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona tries to smash her head into Akuma'​s mouth...but not counting on Akuma being ready for such a base tactic, dodges the blow easily 
 +[22:00] <​MdGy_ST>​ (You get an action) 
 +[22:00] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Akuma) 
 +[22:00] * @Akuma_Tokai smashes the base of his pistol into her skull (roll would be?) 
 +[22:01] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Oh, God... Str+Brawl with any bonuses inheritant to your Kith) 
 +[22:01] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (urm... lol) 
 +[22:01] <​MdGy_ST>​ (I'm counting this a basking damage so you don't inadvertantly kill her) 
 +[22:02] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (yea, don't want to kill her, KO her atmost) 
 +[22:03] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 6d10 (not sure of the bonus...) 
 +[22:03] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 6d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 8 1 2 4 7 9 ]: 2 Successes (not sure of the bonus...)] 
 +[22:04] <​MdGy_ST>​ (OK -- if you spent a point of glamour and add a dice to your pool.  Want to do that and just roll 1d10?) 
 +[22:04] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (sure.. lol) 
 +[22:04] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 1d10 
 +[22:04] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 1d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 4 ]: Failure ] 
 +[22:05] <​MdGy_ST>​ (OK -- two successes) 
 +[22:06] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Akuma slams the butt of his pistol onto the top of Fiona'​s head.  She stops smoking and falls forward. 
 +[22:06] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Talon walks back to the trunk and tries to open it.  It remains closed. 
 +[22:06] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Huh." ​ He pulls on it again. 
 +[22:07] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well, somebody didn't want to be taken... Jack, want to sit with her, I'll check the trunk, maybe it just needs my tender touch."​ 
 +[22:08] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Julius,​ stay with her too..."​ 
 +[22:08] * Julius nods 
 +[22:08] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "OK -- maybe you can pry open the door.  I'll watch Ms. Personality."​ 
 +[22:09] * @Akuma_Tokai walks back to the trunk and holsters his weapon and kneels down and whispers, "ready to slip away?"​ 
 +[22:09] <Kya> Text to All: Don't open trunk 
 +[22:10] * Kya braces herself as best as she can and will all her might (of 1) hopes she can keep the trunk closed. 
 +[22:10] * @Akuma_Tokai checks his texts (any cops still at the rear of the vehicle?) 
 +[22:11] <​MdGy_ST>​ (nope) 
 +[22:11] * @Akuma_Tokai replies to Kya, "No cops, no witnesses, I'll open you vanish. OK? >"<​ " 
 +[22:11] <Kya> Text: "​No"​ 
 +[22:11] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Aww...I wanted to see a contested strength roll) 
 +[22:11] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Yaa!) 
 +[22:12] <Kya> (He can still open it anyway) 
 +[22:12] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (*rips open the trunk and Kya goes flying onto a roof top*) 
 +[22:13] <​MdGy_ST>​ (to answer the next question: "While Brianne'​s muffins are tasty, they are not a suitable replacement for proper medical care."​) 
 +[22:13] * @Akuma_Tokai mumbles something inaudible and makes a theatrical effort to open the trunk by lifting on the bumper. "Damn, its stuck good."​ 
 +[22:13] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The fire has been put out and the fire investigators are coming in. 
 +[22:14] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[22:14] <​Shalanda>​ (WTF!) 
 +[22:14] * Shalanda is now known as Kya-the-MIGHTY 
 +[22:14] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Great -- yu shook the car so hard you bounded Kya out of the Internet) 
 +[22:14] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Julius,​ a moment."​ 
 +[22:14] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Yeah -- we're going to need a tow truck and an ambulance."​ 
 +[22:14] <​Julius>​ "​Yes?"​ 
 +[22:15] * @Akuma_Tokai puts a hand on his shoulder and whispers, "Call whoever you need to, pretty sure we got them."​ 
 +[22:15] * Tolman (Tol@2f549ae7.dyn.f88a4073.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[22:15] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Tolman 
 +[22:15] * Julius nods 
 +[22:15] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The police pick up the limp Fiona, resting her against the car and rendering first aid. 
 +[22:15] <​Kya-the-MIGHTY>​ (Missed my snarky comment of: "Yeah if he opens that trunk, he's going to need medical treatment."​ 
 +[22:16] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (*thumps the trunk hard in an act of /anger/*) 
 +[22:16] * Julius calls up the winter court'​s king 
 +[22:16] * Kya (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds) 
 +[22:16] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya 
 +[22:16] <​Kya-the-MIGHTY>​ "​Whew"​ 
 +[22:16] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "What do you think Jack?"​ 
 +[22:18] * Kya-the-MIGHTY (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer) 
 +[22:18] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya-the-MIGHTY 
 +[22:18] * Kya-the-MIGHTY (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[22:18] * Kya-the-MIGHTY is now known as Kya 
 +[22:19] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "I think I need to find a desk job.  What the hell was going on with her clothes? ​ What the hell was going on with her keys?" ​ He shows you where he caught the keys.  There'​s a red imprint like a burn on his palm. 
 +[22:19] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well. Wherever you stick her make sure theres nothing burnable I guess."​  
 +[22:20] <​MdGy_ST> ​ An ambulance shows up, heading for the ring of police waving it in 
 +[22:20] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Does this place have a Supermax?"​ 
 +[22:21] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "If it does, I haven'​t been there, nor do I care too."​ 
 +[22:22] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Is this the killer, you think?"​ 
 +[22:22] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "I sure hope it is..."​ 
 +[22:24] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (are there chared footprints near the car?) 
 +[22:25] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Yep -- and Fiona is barefooted...and slightly woozy from head trauma) 
 +[22:25] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well, we have some more Charred footprints here and she's barefoot..."​ (Oh she's coming too?) 
 +[22:25] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[22:25] * Shalanda is now known as Kya-the-cute 
 +[22:26] * Julius goes off towards the back of  strip mall 
 +[22:26] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Coming around...but if you're a gentleman, you're not going to challenge her to chess) 
 +[22:26] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (So she's in the twilight minute?) 
 +[22:28] * Kya (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[22:28] * Shalanda (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) has joined #​grovewood 
 +[22:28] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya 
 +[22:28] <​Shalanda>​ (OMG) 
 +[22:28] * Shalanda is now known as Kya 
 +[22:29] <​MdGy_ST>​ (brb) 
 +[22:30] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Bak) 
 +[22:31] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (wb) 
 +[22:31] * @Akuma_Tokai kneels next to Fiona, "Did you /attack/ Crystal, Fiona?"​ 
 +[22:31] <​MdGy_ST>​ She looks up at you, but her eyes don't seem to be focuing very well. 
 +[22:31] <​MdGy_ST> ​ She tears up again... 
 +[22:32] <​MdGy_ST>​ (roll Manip+Intimidation diff 7) 
 +[22:32] * Kya-the-cute (darkcleric@4643032a.cpe.92acce23.net.hmsk) Quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds) 
 +[22:32] * TolBot waves goodbye to Kya-the-cute 
 +[22:32] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ 4d10 7/10 
 +[22:32] <​TolBot>​ [Akuma_Tokai'​s 4d10 (7Tgt/​10Agn) [ 3 10 8 2 5 ]: 2 Successes ] 
 +[22:32] * Kya waves goodbye also 
 +[22:33] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "I want to go back..."​ 
 +[22:35] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "How many have you killed?"​ 
 +[22:35] <​MdGy_ST> ​ She sniffles and bows her head. 
 +[22:35] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "In there? ​ Two -- they wouldn'​t let me take it.  I didn't want to do it... I just want to go back."​ 
 +[22:36] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "How many... Here"​ 
 +[22:37] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Four. ​ Oww...my head..."​ 
 +[22:37] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona leans forward as one of the EMTs looks her over. 
 +[22:37] * @Akuma_Tokai looks at Jack, "That answer your question?"​ 
 +[22:37] <​MdGy_ST>​ "I didn't mean it." 
 +[22:37] <​Shaddow>​ (night all) 
 +[22:38] <Kya> (Night Shaddow) 
 +[22:38] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (night aunty) 
 +[22:38] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Night!) 
 +[22:38] * Shaddow (me@a55583.14055af7.206.128.imsk) Quit (Quit: "To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."​ L.V.B.) 
 +[22:38] * TolBot waves goodbye to Shaddow 
 +[22:38] * Julius returns from behind the stripmall 
 +[22:38] <​MdGy_ST> ​ He nods.  "Good enough for manslaughter. ​ We get malice and it's murder all the way."​ 
 +[22:39] <​Julius>​ "​Akuma."​ 
 +[22:39] * @Akuma_Tokai pats Jack on the shoulder and walks over to Julius 
 +[22:39] <​MdGy_ST>​ "​I'​m sorry. ​ She said she's help."​ 
 +[22:39] <​Julius>​ "Looks like she was watching TV back there."​ 
 +[22:40] * @Akuma_Tokai looks at Julius questingly 
 +[22:41] <​Julius>​ "Found a room with the lock melted off, what looks to be a melted VCR, a table with a charred handprint, ​ and a TV." 
 +[22:42] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "All right, miss.  Do you remember how many people you killed in Richmond?"​ 
 +[22:42] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Four. ​ I'll die here.  I don't want to die here."​ 
 +[22:43] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Why do you think you'll die here?  Does someone want to harm you?"​ 
 +[22:43] * @Akuma_Tokai ponders some way to contact his courts king 
 +[22:43] <​MdGy_ST>​ "The Kings and Queens. ​ They'​ll rip me limb from limb and I won't get to go back."​ 
 +[22:44] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Talon makes a note in his notebook. ​ "What Kings? ​ What Queens?"​ 
 +[22:44] * Kya makes a mental note that this could go bad. 
 +[22:44] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Really? ​ I though we'd have a higher body count by now.) 
 +[22:45] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Jack, I think she's coming out of it now."​ 
 +[22:45] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Yeah...my office, please."​ 
 +[22:46] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Jack Talon moves several steps away from Fiona as the techs begin checking her out. 
 +[22:46] * @Akuma_Tokai walks over to Jack 
 +[22:46] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "GET THAT FUCKING LIGHT OUT OF MY EYES YOU SISTERFUCKING REDNECK!"​ 
 +[22:46] * @Akuma_Tokai surpresses a chuckle 
 +[22:47] <​MdGy_ST>​ "I can tell you this right now -- the defense is going to want to go with an insantiy plea.  Kings and Queens? ​ Going back?  Smells like paranoid schizophrenia to me.  Would explain the circles if we can tie her to Richmond and Louisville at least."​ 
 +[22:48] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Well, atleast she'll be away for a while."​ 
 +[22:50] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "And somethere, there is going to be a psychologist making a career out of her.  Figure why the building was on fire?" ​ He looks over at Fiona. ​ "Arson as well?"​ 
 +[22:51] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Probably,​ a pyromanic occult scizo..."​ 
 +[22:51] <​MdGy_ST>​ "At least it's not a midget."​ 
 +[22:52] * @Akuma_Tokai pulls out his phone and calls Mr. Hyper-active Sheriff 
 +[22:52] * @Akuma_Tokai walks out of earshot from Jack 
 +[22:54] <​MdGy_ST>​ "Miss -- I am placing you under arrest."​ 
 +[22:54] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Talon reads out the Miranda Rights in a very practiced tone. 
 +[22:55] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Fiona weeps -- a high keen. 
 +[22:56] * @Akuma_Tokai waits for the Sheriff to answer. 
 +[22:56] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​JackRobinSherrif!"​ 
 +[22:57] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "This is Tokai. Have the King call me. ASAP."  
 +[22:58] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Right.Callyouatthisnumber?"​ 
 +[22:58] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Yes sir."​ 
 +[22:58] <​MdGy_ST> ​ He rattles off your number in a halfbreath 
 +[22:58] <​MdGy_ST>​ "​Gotit!He'​llcallyoubackassoonashecan.HaveyouseeFiona?​Shehasn'​tasnweredherphoneinawhile."​ 
 +[22:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​I'​ll apprise the King of her situation,"​ he hangs up. 
 +[23:01] * Kya peeks through the crack in the trunk to see what's going on. 
 +[23:02] <​MdGy_ST> ​ There are policemen milling around, Fire investgators examing melted parts of asphalt. ​ No one seems to be minding the car until... you feel it start to tilt up. 
 +[23:02] <​MdGy_ST>​ Akuma'​s phone rings. 
 +[23:03] * @Akuma_Tokai answers, "this is Tokai"​ 
 +[23:03] * @Akuma_Tokai turns around and looks at the tilting car 
 +[23:03] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Agent Tokai, this is Summer. ​ As I understand you've done something with Fiona?: 
 +[23:03] * Kya smiles 
 +[23:04] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Summer being summer king?) 
 +[23:04] * Kya dumps out Fiona'​s bag of clothes and stuffs it full of brass. 
 +[23:04] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The police tow truck has come and is getting ready to cart the car to the evidence impound lot. 
 +[23:04] <​MdGy_ST>​ (She took out the bag of clothes when she tossed in the brass.) 
 +[23:04] <Kya> (Curses) 
 +[23:04] <​MdGy_ST>​ (There are empty bags, but no clothes) 
 +[23:05] <Kya> (I just want a bag) 
 +[23:05] <Kya> TEXT - Julius: ​ "Can I get a ride in a little bit?"​ 
 +[23:05] <​MdGy_ST>​ (ok -- there are some high end plastic bags) 
 +[23:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Summer,​ Sir. Fiona is the one who attacked Crystal."​ 
 +[23:05] <​Julius>​ Reply: "Of course."​ 
 +[23:05] * Kya stuffs the bags full of brass 
 +[23:05] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Killed numerous others."​ 
 +[23:06] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Are you certain of this?  How many others?"​ 
 +[23:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (total is what 10+?) 
 +[23:06] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Not including the people in the jewerly store -- yeah) 
 +[23:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Ten plus sir..."​ 
 +[23:06] <​MdGy_ST>​ (She's killed enough to trip VICAP) 
 +[23:07] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "My God.  All this time?  Even when she served me? I--how could she have...*why* did she do this?  There was never any indication."​ 
 +[23:08] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "She wants to go /back/ Sir."​ 
 +[23:08] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Back where?"​ 
 +[23:09] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "The otherside is my assumption."​  
 +[23:09] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​That'​s... that is insane! ​ Why would anyone want to go back under Durance? ​ There has to be a logical reason, Agent Tokai."​ 
 +[23:10] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Sir, I have no idea why she would want to, only that she does. The previous brazen head she made was searching for her mistress."​  
 +[23:11] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The police wrecker starts up the road, with the ambulance with Fiona and Agent Talon speed away in the opposite direction. 
 +[23:11] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "A brazen head -- that makes sense...but...why Crystal?"​ 
 +[23:11] * Kya peeks out the crack, waiting for a good moment to pop the trunk and make her escape. 
 +[23:11] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Not sure either, was a bit, public, here couldn'​t ask to many questions."​ 
 +[23:12] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The truck comes to a stop at a light. ​ There isn't another car behind you. 
 +[23:13] * Kya makes her escape. 
 +[23:13] <Kya> (With her shopping bags of stuff, and the knife) 
 +[23:14] <​MdGy_ST>​ (...and there goes the kidnapping charge!) 
 +[23:14] <Kya> (DENIED!!!) 
 +[23:14] <​MdGy_ST>​ (You'​re about four blocks away -- an easy walk) 
 +[23:15] * Kya skips back. 
 +[23:15] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Shes currently in Federal Custody enroute to a hospital for medical treatment. Your orders, Sir."​ 
 +[23:15] <​MdGy_ST>​ (*clatter* *clatter* *clatter*) 
 +[23:16] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "See to it that she doesn'​t escape for now.  I am going to confer with the other Courts. ​ If you can see where she's going and make sure there are no holes she can flee too, do so." 
 +[23:16] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Summer hangs up. 
 +[23:17] * @Akuma_Tokai pockets his phone, notifies Julius and heads ot the hospital himself 
 +[23:17] * Julius nods 
 +[23:17] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (alright, its 2317 I should get to bed soon) 
 +[23:18] <​MdGy_ST>​ (Now is a good time to stop because I would like to have everyone present for the final few scenes. ​ 4 XP for every in drawing this to a faster conclusion than I thought.) 
 +[23:18] * Kya skips into the parking lot and heads towards Julius'​ car. 
 +[23:19] * @Akuma_Tokai slows beside Kya and informs her of the situation 
 +[23:19] <Kya> "I know, I heard it all from the trunk."​ 
 +[23:20] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (eg the phone convo with the Summer King) 
 +[23:20] <​MdGy_ST>​ With the murderess caught and facing custody, we bring this episode of "The Maddening Gyre" I'm Too Old To Die Young" to a close. ​ Come again tomorrow to see what leads up to the thrilling conclusion.
campaigns/tmg/session_13_-_7-12-2015.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/26 16:42 by ryubasteon