Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools


campaigns:tmg:session_10_-_6-14-2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

campaigns:tmg:session_10_-_6-14-2015 [2020/02/26 16:38] (current)
ryubasteon created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[21:28] <​Harlequin_J_Goat>​ When last we left... Kya had introduced herself to the local ne'​er-do-well and Brianne was close to fulfilling an unearthly goal.
 +[21:28] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as MdGy_DM
 +[21:28] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (last sessions log is now up)
 +[21:30] <​MdGy_DM>​ (And everyone should be together now)
 +[21:31] * ^ThEeYe^ (chatzilla@91e30e5e.cpe.net.cable.f33844f1.com.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[21:33] <​MdGy_DM>​ Hello?
 +[21:34] <​@Kya>​ (Hi)
 +[21:34] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (Hiya)
 +[21:34] <​@Kya>​ (So we started, I'm guessing?)
 +[21:34] <​^ThEeYe^>​ (howdy y'all)
 +[21:34] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Sorry, just not seeing anything, I didn't know if I was still in it or not.)
 +[21:34] <​@Kya>​ (You are)
 +[21:35] * @Kya points at the man with the broken nose and the missing teeth.
 +[21:35] <​MdGy_DM>​ (The ref steps in and waves his hand between Kya and the guy on the ground. "Get it on!" A bell rings)
 +[21:35] <​@Kya>​ "He was up to some really bad stuff."​
 +[21:36] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Akuma, he looks like he got worked over by a pro...and you see Kya's knuckles are bloody and starting to swell a little. ​ Brianne slips something into her purse.) ​
 +[21:37] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Been busy little miss?"
 +[21:37] <​@Kya>​ "​Somebody had to protect Brianne."​
 +[21:37] * @Akuma_Tokai walks over to see if the punk is still breathing
 +[21:38] <​@Kya>​ (He should be, but probably a little labored.)
 +[21:38] <​MdGy_DM>​ (He is breathing, but there are bubbles of blood coming out of his nose)
 +[21:39] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Fill me in Kya, the reason for his, very well done, beating?"​
 +[21:39] <​MdGy_DM>​ [guy] dunt do nuffin'​
 +[21:39] <​MdGy_DM>​ (And you see a magic circle like thing scratched into the wall and three unlit red candles on the ground)
 +[21:40] * @Kya glares at the guy and raises her tiny fist of wrath.
 +[21:41] * @Kya points at the circle on the ground with her off hand.
 +[21:41] * @Akuma_Tokai spots the circle, draws his side arm, flips off the safety, cocks it, and pushes it against the mans forehead, "Did you make the Brazen head?​!"​
 +[21:41] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] Nuuh!  Nothin'​ man!
 +[21:43] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Who made the Circle?! Answer me! Now!" ​
 +[21:43] <​@Kya>​ "What brazen head?"
 +[21:43] <​MdGy_DM>​ (He's shaking his head back and forth, but never taking his eyes off of Kya)
 +[21:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Found one at another crime scene, same perp looking for his Mistress." ​
 +[21:44] <​@Kya>​ (Was that gentry he tried summoning forth female looking?)
 +[21:44] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] not me, man! Just keep that girl away from me!
 +[21:45] <​MdGy_DM>​ (The shadow was very ambiguous)
 +[21:45] <​@Kya>​ "Who did you learn this from?"
 +[21:45] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "You know what," he flips the safety on his weapon and puts it away, "Tell us everything or I'll let her have you."
 +[21:45] * @Kya points at the circle remnants.
 +[21:45] <​MdGy_DM>​ [brianne] What are you doing with that...thing?​
 +[21:46] <​@Kya>​ (Who or what is she referring to as "​thing"?​)
 +[21:47] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] I don't know nothin',​ man!  I just do this to get some cash!  I get some ghosts to tell me where to find their stuff and in return they lead me to stuff to sell! I swear! ​ Didn't mean nothin bad with it!
 +[21:48] <​@Kya>​ "And you did that with Grandpa Jimmy'​s locket, didn't you?"
 +[21:48] * @Kya starts looking mad again.
 +[21:48] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Kya: she was pointing to the doorway where the spirit appeared.]
 +[21:48] <​@Kya>​ (Ah, was hoping I disrupted that before she saw it.)
 +[21:49] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Bloody guy] he flinches when Kya speaks: "I don't know about the locket, someone else brought it here!"
 +[21:50] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Who?" ​
 +[21:51] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Bloody guy] I Don't Know!
 +[21:51] * @Kya looks at the shop keeper.
 +[21:51] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Kya,"​ he steps away, "Jog his memory?"​
 +[21:51] <​@Kya>​ "Do you know?"
 +[21:52] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] I know people on the other side.  If you're lying to me, you're gonna be in a world of shit.
 +[21:54] <​@Kya>​ "Who brought the locket in here?"
 +[21:54] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] puts his hands over his head: "I just wanted some extra cash because dipshit boss man couldn'​t pay worth a damn!  I don't know where the locket came from!  I just got hooked up with this hoo-doo crap because someone told me it was an easy way to make cash!"
 +[21:55] <​@Kya>​ "WHO DID?"
 +[21:56] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Better tell us, because not only will we let her have her way with you, we'll also implicate you in, oh what is it.. 12 or so murders..."​
 +[21:56] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "in which you will become the prime suspect."​
 +[21:57] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] "Red! Red! She called herself Red!"
 +[21:58] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Description?"​
 +[22:00] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] "as tall as she," points to Brianne, "thin and glasses. Dark red hair and really quiet. Always talking to someone on ten phone."​
 +[22:00] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Could you describe her in detail to say, a sketch artist?"​
 +[22:01] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] yeah!  Yeah!  I'm not in trouble, right?
 +[22:01] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​We'​ll see..."​ he pulls out his phone and calls Jack
 +[22:02] <​@Kya>​ "No, you're in trouble."​
 +[22:02] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Talon] Agent Talon.
 +[22:03] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] whimpers.
 +[22:03] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Hey Jack, have a guy that may have seen our mistress. Need a sketch artist."​
 +[22:03] * @Akuma_Tokai he walks out the door, "he had a circle drawn here, we interupted it."
 +[22:04] <​MdGy_DM>​ [brianne] she steps forward, cutting Kya off. "​I'​m the only thing keeping her away from you.  You fuck with me and mine, I'll let her.  Got it?"
 +[22:04] <​MdGy_DM>​ [talon] "​Finally,​ Lady Luck flips up a face card.  Where are you?"
 +[22:05] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] nods.
 +[22:05] * @Akuma_Tokai tells him the address, "I don't think he's the perp, but you never know."
 +[22:06] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "He tried to fight with us though, he's pretty beat up, might one to bring a medic or two with you."
 +[22:06] <​@Kya>​ "No Medics!"​
 +[22:07] * @Akuma_Tokai eyes that "​Scratch that, he's refusing them anyways."​
 +[22:07] <​MdGy_DM>​ [talon] "EMT or not? Was that a girl's voice?"​
 +[22:08] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Indeed,​ a constant thorn in my side sometimes... "
 +[22:08] <​MdGy_DM>​ [talon] right, no EMT.  Just a sketch artist. ​ Be there in 15." *click*
 +[22:10] * @Akuma_Tokai informs the others, "Get those hands covered."​
 +[22:11] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] leaves bleeding guy and steps around the body of the dead manager, pausing to crouch down and whisper something in his ear.
 +[22:12] <​@Kya>​ (When did the manager die?  Wasn't he alive at the end of last session?)
 +[22:13] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] walks to the display case, crouching down and opening up on of the shelves under the case.  She dumps out the carton, fishing through and picking up a large heart shaped locket. "Got it, Grandpa Jimmy."​
 +[22:13] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Nope, he died from that shadow thing)
 +[22:15] * @Kya smiles
 +[22:15] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] Can I get some water or something?
 +[22:16] <​@Kya>​ "​No"​
 +[22:17] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody] flinches
 +[22:18] * @Kya pulls a thin sewing needle from her doll and looks at the creep.
 +[22:18] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody] No...don'​t
 +[22:19] <​@Kya>​ "​Don'​t what?"
 +[22:20] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] "​Sweetie,​ let's head back to the shop. I'm sure that your friends wil be able to take care of themselves."​
 +[22:20] <​@Kya>​ "​Julius,​ can I have a ride back to the shop when we're done here?"
 +[22:20] <​^ThEeYe^>​ ( dont want to alarm no one but fallout 4 is coming out Nov 10th 2015, now please continue)
 +[22:20] <​@Kya>​ (Squeeeeeeee!)
 +[22:21] <​^ThEeYe^>​ (was watching the E3 presentation and kept throwing money at  my screen)
 +[22:23] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Haven'​t finished 3 yet)
 +[22:23] <​@Kya>​ (I think Julius is AFK)
 +[22:23] <​^ThEeYe^>​ (you can actually craft settlements)
 +[22:23] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] "​Sweetie,​ come on.  We need to get some ice on your hands and some chocolate in your belly. ​ You earned it."
 +[22:23] <​MdGy_DM>​ (There is a knocking on the door)
 +[22:23] * @Akuma_Tokai goes to check the door, a hand on his sidearm
 +[22:24] * @Kya puts the sewing needle back in her doll.
 +[22:24] <​@Kya>​ "​I'​ll be ok."
 +[22:24] * @Kya sits in a chair off to the side, out of the way, 'like a good girl'.
 +[22:25] <​Julius>​ "Of course."​
 +[22:26] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] sighs and sits in the doorway, close enough to jump up and tackle Kya if she tries something. "Hope Gary cleans the place before he closes...or doesn'​t burn it down in the process."​
 +[22:26] <​@Kya>​ "See and I have a ride too."
 +[22:26] <​MdGy_DM>​ [sketch artist] holds up his pad and ID.
 +[22:28] <​MdGy_DM>​ [sketch] "Agent Talon sent me."
 +[22:28] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Alright,"​ lets the man enter.
 +[22:30] <​MdGy_DM>​ [sketch] A pale, thin man that looks like he's been stricken with an old disease and is remaining upright by force of will. "who am I going to be talking to?"
 +[22:30] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Brb)
 +
 +Session Start: Sun Jun 14 22:38:53 2015
 +Session Ident: #grovewood
 +[22:38] * Now talking in #grovewood
 +[22:38] * Topic is 'The Maddening Gyre, Episode 1 "O, Death -- Would You Spare Me Over Another?": ​ - 8:30 EST Sundays. - Logs available here: Grovewoodsaga.com under "File Galleries"'​
 +[22:38] * Set by ChanServ!services@services.sorcery.net on Thu Jun 11 06:12:44 2015
 +[22:37] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] looks down at the body. "​I'​ll ask." She turns to the guy. "​Why? ​ Why do this?"
 +[22:39] <​MdGy_DM>​ [bloody guy] do what?
 +[22:38] <​MdGy_DM>​ [sketch artist] ,I need everyone to leave no doesn'​t have a badge.
 +[22:38] * Akuma_Tokai is now known as Ryu
 +[22:39] <​@Ryu>​ (PC went stupid unresponsive)
 +[22:39] * Ryu is now known as Akuma_Tokai
 +[22:39] * @Kya goes motionless in anticipation that she won't be noticed.
 +[22:40] <​MdGy_DM>​ [sketch] "​let'​s start with the eyes."
 +[22:40] * @Akuma_Tokai motions for the others to leave
 +[22:40] * DABot (DABot@72df6f25.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[22:41] <​MdGy_DM>​ [Brianne] Agent? Can I go?
 +[22:41] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Yes, make sure Kya gets back to the shop safely,"​ he eyes Kya.
 +[22:41] * Julius nods
 +[22:41] <​Julius>​ "Kya, lets go get some muffins,​hey?"​
 +[22:42] * @Kya grumbles.
 +[22:42] <​@Kya>​ "I have something to show you before we go, but we can do that in the other room.
 +[22:42] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (me?)
 +[22:43] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Yep)
 +[22:43] <​@Kya>​ (No Julius)
 +[22:44] * @Kya shows Julius the text messages she got from "The King" saying to deal with this guy so he doesn'​t talk or try this again.
 +[22:44] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (brb again... damned computer didn't reconnect to all my server drives)
 +[22:44] * Disconnected
 +Session Close: Sun Jun 14 22:44:54 2015
 +
 +Session Start: Sun Jun 14 22:53:22 2015
 +Session Ident: #grovewood
 +[22:53] * Now talking in #grovewood
 +[22:53] * Topic is 'The Maddening Gyre, Episode 1 "O, Death -- Would You Spare Me Over Another?": ​ - 8:30 EST Sundays. - Logs available here: Grovewoodsaga.com under "File Galleries"'​
 +[22:53] * Set by ChanServ!services@services.sorcery.net on Thu Jun 11 06:12:44 2015
 +[22:47] * Julius nods
 +[22:49] <​@Kya>​ "So, should I get rid of him after the police men are done with him?"
 +[22:49] <​Julius>​ "Yes, we can do that after."​
 +[22:49] <​@Kya>​ "​OK"​
 +[22:49] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Hang on)
 +[22:50] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Didn'​t hear a thing, resume your plotting)
 +[22:52] <​@Kya>​ "So how should we do it, push him in the hedge? ​ Let the ghosts have the power of touch so they can rip him limb from limb like a Barbie doll?  Beat him up?  Lose him in a river?"​
 +[22:53] <​Julius>​ "​Hmm...the hedge might be best. No body for the police to find."
 +[22:53] <​Shaddow>​ (night all!)
 +[22:53] * Akuma_Tokai is now known as Ryu
 +[22:53] <​@Kya>​ (Night)
 +[22:53] <​MdGy_DM>​ [sketch] He steps out, flipping his book shut. "​Where'​s Agent Akuma?"​
 +[22:53] <​MdGy_DM>​ (Power'​s on)
 +[22:54] * Shaddow (me@a55580.14055af4.206.128.imsk) Quit (Quit: "To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."​ L.V.B.)
 +[22:54] * Ryu is now known as Akuma_Tokai
 +[22:54] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (this ocmputer is pissing me off)
 +[22:54] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Here, Sir."
 +[22:54] <​@Kya>​ (WB power)
 +[22:54] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (fresh boot and explorer locks up bad)
 +[22:54] * Harleuqin_J_Goat (Harlequin_@8f3f4332.kya.res.14056255.com.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[22:55] * MdGy_DM (Harlequin_@8f3f4332.kya.res.14056255.com.hmsk) Quit (Quit: MdGy_DM)
 +[22:55] * Harleuqin_J_Goat is now known as MdGy_ST
 +[22:56] <​MdGy_ST>​ [sketch] ​ "I have a picture of the suspect."​
 +[22:56] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Excellent,​ let me see it"
 +[22:56] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The sketch artist reopens his pad and flips aheada few pages -- you see he's also illustrating a children'​s book -- and stops.
 +[22:57] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Here you go."
 +[22:58] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Alright,"​ he snaps a picture of it with his phone, "Take it back to Agent Talon."​
 +[22:58] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "All right."​
 +[22:59] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The sketch artist walks out, stopping and looking at the body, and back to Akuma.
 +[22:59] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​You'​re going to take care of this...right?"​
 +[22:59] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Yes."​
 +[23:01] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The sketch artist nods and walks out.
 +[23:02] * @Akuma_Tokai looks to the others, "Well, do what you must, and do something with the stiff too will ya?"
 +[23:02] <​MdGy_ST>​ (the only sound now is the raspy breathing of the bloody guy)
 +[23:03] <​@Kya>​ "I can take care of it."
 +[23:03] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Our mistress sketch, looks alot like Fiona..." ​
 +[23:04] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "Take care of what?" ​ Brianne leans in, the locket dangling from her neck.
 +[23:04] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Ah, we have some other tasks we need to take care of, no need to worry."​
 +[23:05] <​MdGy_ST> ​ She looks down at the body. "​I'​ll ask him again." ​ She turns to look at the bloody guy.  "Why did you do it?  Money?"​
 +[23:05] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The bloody guy nods.  "I could get a lot of money if I held some things for others."​
 +[23:06] * @Kya pulls out her sewing needle again.
 +[23:06] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "All you had to do was ask,.  Gus would have given you a raise."​
 +[23:06] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "But, I'm always late...and Gus said I wasn't good with the customers."​
 +[23:07] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "And if you made an effort to work harder, you would have gotten a bigger raise. ​ he understands...well understood. ​ now?  Sorry about your luck, but it's out of my hands."​
 +[23:07] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Wait...what?"​
 +[23:07] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Brianne leaves the building.
 +[23:08] <​@Kya>​ "She can see ghosts."​
 +[23:08] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Bloody'​s eyes get wide.
 +[23:08] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "​Something else you want to tell us?"
 +[23:09] <​MdGy_ST> ​ He shakes his head.  "​I'​m sorry?"​
 +[23:10] <​@Kya>​ "I say we let the ghosts have him."
 +[23:14] * @Kya looks to the others for approval.
 +[23:15] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ "Do what you must... best no evidence is left."
 +[23:16] * @Kya pricks her finger with the needle and approaches the creep.
 +[23:17] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "What are you doing? ​ Hey!  Hey!  Get this girl off me!"
 +[23:17] * @Kya outstretches her pricked finger to the creep'​s forehead.
 +[23:17] <​@Akuma_Tokai>​ (but, I must go, I have to work in the morn)
 +[23:18] <​MdGy_ST>​ (ok)
 +[23:18] * Akuma_Tokai is now known as Ryu
 +[23:18] <​MdGy_ST>​ (I'll finish this up and call it an evening)
 +[23:19] <​@Ryu>​ (peace)
 +[23:19] <​Julius>​ [night ryu]
 +[23:19] <​MdGy_ST>​ (night, sir)
 +[23:19] * @Kya presses her finger into his forehead.
 +[23:20] <​@Kya>​ "If this works right, the ghosts that are in the room should be able to touch you momentarily. ​ If I do this well enough, you'll be able to see them too.
 +[23:20] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The air in the room grows thicker -- heavier -- and colder. ​ The guy shudders and tries to push himself deeper into the corner to avoid the bloody digit.
 +[23:21] * @Kya pursues him.
 +[23:24] <​@Kya>​ 6d10 6/10
 +[23:24] <​@Kya>​ (no bot)
 +[23:24] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The man whimpers as her finger comes in contact with the sweaty skin.  She presses a dot on the center of his forehead
 +[23:24] <​MdGy_ST>​ (I'll roll the dice -- diff 6)
 +[23:25] * DABot (DABot@72df6f25.wisp.de501b29.net.hmsk) has joined #grovewood
 +[23:25] <​@Kya>​ 6d10 6/10
 +[23:25] <​DABot>​ Kya's Results: 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 6 ([Successes:​ 1][Botches: 3][Total Sucesses: -2][ReRolls:​ 0]) [RollID: 0608w ]
 +[23:25] <​@Kya>​ (Stupid bot)
 +[23:25] <​MdGy_ST>​ (I rolled six successes)
 +[23:25] <​@Kya>​ (I like your rolls better)
 +[23:27] <​MdGy_ST> ​ The man cries out and clutches his chest, falling over, sweating and gasping.
 +[23:27] <​MdGy_ST> ​ "​Stop... stop... I'll stop!"
 +[23:27] * @Kya steps back and watches. You're not sure if she can also see the ghosts or not.
 +[23:27] * Julius watches the proceedings,​ somewhat bored
 +[23:28] <​MdGy_ST> ​ he takes several whooping gasps, trying to push himself back up.  He struggles over to the wall with the circle.
 +[23:29] * Julius pulls him away from it
 +[23:31] <​MdGy_ST> ​ he jumps as something seems to strike him in the back of the head.  He rolls onto his back swatting away at something. ​ You see his nostrils close and something press down over his mouth.
 +[23:32] <​MdGy_ST> ​ Another voice echoes through the air, sounding like it's being spoken underwater... "​...no..." ​ "​...more..."​
 +[23:33] <​MdGy_ST> ​ His eyes roll back and his head hits the ground as he passes out.
 +[23:33] <​@Kya>​ "Ok, now we can put the bodies into the hedge."​
 +[23:34] * Julius nods
 +[23:34] <​@Kya>​ "And I hope the ghosts found peace and can go to the afterlife now.
 +[23:35] <​MdGy_ST> ​ As Kya and Julius set themselves to the grisly task of disposing of the bodies -- we draw this episode of "The Maddening Gyre" to a close...
  
campaigns/tmg/session_10_-_6-14-2015.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/26 16:38 by ryubasteon