Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/8/846d398e3324a8a86d5684ea396ab9b6.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_28_-_3-26-2018_-_finale_pt_2
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/8/846d398e3324a8a86d5684ea396ab9b6.xhtml failed

[21:26] <Khophus> “Can someone help me down?”
[21:26] <DM_Tol> The Demon Lord stumbles for a moment, as claws from behind it tear down its neck and torso.
[21:27] <DM_Tol> The distracted Demon Lord turns, and roars
[21:27] * Dylan (Dylan@sorcery-3ovrp7.ca.charter.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[21:27] <DM_Tol> and then, sustained no longer by the pillar of Pyhrdo, flickers out of this plane.
[21:27] <DM_Tol> Behind where the Demon Lord was, you see a familiar bear.
[21:27] <DM_Tol> It sits down and licks demon blood from its paws.
[21:28] <DM_Tol> With the demon gone, you begin to feel control in your limbs.
[21:28] <Ash> “Ow!”
[21:28] <DM_Tol> The frightened and Restrained effects fade.
[21:28] <Terres> “Is it finaly over?”
[21:29] * Miri groans, not getting up yet. “as bad as i feel right now, death might have been perferred.”
[21:29] <DM_Tol> The bear finishes licking its paws and slowly waddles into the cave to curl down for a rest.
[21:29] <Khophus> “I'm not too keen on heights…so…if someone could help…t'would be nice.”
[21:29] <DM_Tol> Khophus looks down at the rest of you, hanging from a tree limb.
[21:29] * Atreyu is now known as Dylan
[21:30] <Ash> “I'm too sore right now, maybe in a few.”
[21:31] <Khophus> “Not funny.”
[21:31] <Miri> “if we are gonna be here for a bit, i can thank the bear for us.”
[21:31] <Ash> “Not trying to be. You seem stable at the moment.”
[21:31] * Dylan coughs
[21:31] <Dylan> “So… that happened”
[21:31] <Terres> “I am just going to lie down for a bit
[21:31] <Terres> “
[21:31] <Khophus> “Physically? Yes. Mentally? No. To repeat: Not. A. Fan. Of. Heights.”
[21:32] <DM_Tol> Khophus yu struggle and work yourself down the tree, exhausted.
[21:32] * Miri will spend 10 mins to cast 'speak with animals' so she can thank the bear.
[21:33] * Khophus hits the ground and gratefully collapses.
[21:34] <Khophus> “I hate trees.”
[21:34] * Terres looks toward the cliff looking for Neoma
[21:34] <DM_Tol> As you start catching your breath, you see movement above the mouth of the cave. Neoma who stood upon the top of the cliff above the cave, now begins floating down to you.
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Neoma nears as she slowly descends and speaks, “You have done well, heroes of Azod.”
[21:36] <DM_Tol> Miri you begin to make a connection with the bear, who is now fast asleep, dreaming of honey.
[21:36] * Dylan watches
[21:37] * Miri will call out “thank you!” to him anyways.
[21:37] <DM_Tol> The bear looks up, seeming to understand your thanks, and you catch a response “Thanks for warming my cave.”
[21:37] <Miri> “welcome!”
[21:37] <DM_Tol> And in an instant, the link is broken, as Neoma alights onto the ground.
[21:38] <DM_Tol> As her feet touch the turf, the sky around you is gone, as Neoma’s hut forms around your whole group.
[21:38] <DM_Tol> You find youself suddenly inside the familiar magical space. The same crates and blankets and cushions on the ground are all about.
[21:39] * Ash rolls over onto a cushion.
[21:39] * Khophus winces as he scrambles to his feet.
[21:39] <DM_Tol> Neoma stands beside the wood bema to one side. She grins.
[21:39] <DM_Tol> Being in the space, your body begins to ease its pain.
[21:40] * Miri gets shakely to her feet and just stands there.
[21:40] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Truly, you have strong hearts, for I see in your eyes what you have been through, what you have seen.”
[21:40] * Terres stretches out over some pillows and just enjoys the peace for a few minutes
[21:41] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “The people of this land owe you a great debt, a life’s gratitude, and yet word of your deeds will go all but unknown.”
[21:41] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks at you with kind eyes.
[21:41] <Khophus> “All in the service.”
[21:41] <Dylan> “Good deeds are there own reward”
[21:42] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Yet this is how it is with all. The multitude of perils that come near go mostly unknown.”
[21:42] <Dylan> (their)
[21:42] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods at Dylan.
[21:42] * Ash sighs.
[21:44] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Yes, and still. Your magical items have served you well. Keep them. I sense you will continue to make good use of them, especially now that you have grown into their worthy wielders.”
[21:46] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “And which is more, take with you a token of thanks.” She waves and you feel a stone in you hand, each of you. (a 100gp gem)
[21:46] * Khophus bows and pockets the gem.
[21:47] <Khophus> (magic item?)
[21:47] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Traps in the lower levels? How did you survive?
[21:47] <DM_Tol> (you each were given a magic item to start the game)
[21:48] <Ash> “A bit of cunning, a lot of blind luck, mixed with some fool-hardy bravery, and more luck.
[21:48] <Khophus> (oh – the armor – should mark that)
[21:48] <DM_Tol> (i think you chose a chain mail of resistance?)
[21:48] <Miri> “and pain, and near death, and more pain.”
[21:48] <Khophus> (I just had it marked as chain mail)
[21:48] * <DM_Tol nods at Ash.
[21:48] <Khophus> “Some fire.”
[21:49] <Terres> “Lots of acid”
[21:49] * Khophus nods at the mention of acid.
[21:49] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “And Zylxth summoners? That is how they were keeping the Pillar here.”
[21:50] <DM_Tol> Neoma seems to ponder a moment.
[21:50] <Terres> “They will not be summoning anything else in the future”
[21:50] <Ash> “I don't know what a Zy…thing summoner is, but I guess so.”
[21:50] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Cunning and elaborate was their plan. But, yes, foiled by your bravery.”
[21:50] <DM_Tol> She smiles.
[21:51] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “While I had hope in your success, I had little hope in your survivial. It makes me pleased you will all be well.”
[21:52] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “It was fortunate I was able to draw near just as you came hurling through the clouds.”
[21:52] <Ash> “That's not reassuring.”
[21:52] <Khophus> “Not the first time I've heard that.”
[21:53] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I sensed I was able to draw nearer to the castle, once you had banished the Pillar.”
[21:55] <DM_Tol> Neoma smiles compassionately at each of you in turn.
[21:55] * Dylan nods
[21:55] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Sleep inside tonight. Your bodies will welcome the energy. But first feast.“
[21:56] * Khophus grins and licks his chops at the word “feast”.
[21:56] <DM_Tol> Neoma points to a small table in one side, with a platter of boiled eggs and grapes and cheese and berries. Beside it a small keg of ale.
[21:56] * Terres perks up as well at the sound of feast
[21:57] <Dylan> “Mmm food, I love food”
[21:57] <Ash> “It's been a few days since I've had something good to eat.”
[21:57] * Miri moves to the table to eat.
[21:57] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Even as I can not remain here much longer, know that you have won your peoples a great prestige across the multiverse.”
[21:58] <Terres> “Where are you going?”
[21:58] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “This is not my home. Not my world.”
[21:58] * Khophus pops some berries in his mouth.
[21:59] <DM_Tol> The food tastes like nectar of the gods.
[21:59] <Miri> “so, what's to become of us then?” she looked around to the party as much as she did to neoma.
[22:00] * Khophus carefully picks up a block of cheese.
[22:00] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Tonight, you will rest. A needed respite and reward.”
[22:00] <Ash> “Well with a gem like this, I think I'm not going to be living in the alleys anymore.”
[22:01] <DM_Tol> You eat and drink your fill as time goes on. Your thoughts begin to turn to rest and sleep.
[22:02] <DM_Tol> Neoma comes back around to Miri: “This is not my world, but it is yours. And it is a better world now because of you.”
[22:02] * Khophus pockets his gem with one hand and grabs some grapes with the other.
[22:02] <DM_Tol> You each in turn begin to lay down to sleep.
[22:03] * Miri nods, puts her gem away and curls up to sleep.
[22:03] * Khophus plops down near the dessert table, sneaks some food and falls asleep
[22:04] <DM_Tol> The sleep comes the second ou shut your eyes, comfortable atop your quilted blankets and cushions as the light inside the hut dims ever so slightly. The last thing you see being Neoma’s visage kneeling in trance beside the bema.
[22:04] <DM_Tol> Through the night you dream of animals playing in growing fields.
[22:05] <DM_Tol> You awake to the morning light. A tree nut falls onto the ground beside you as the sun peaks over the horizon.
[22:06] <DM_Tol> You curl on the ground, less then the cushion of the pillow you begain the night with. Neoma and the hut, gone.
[22:07] <DM_Tol> The sun begins to rise as do your eyelids. You are outside the same cave. No bear in sight. Thoughts of Azod a day’s journey north come to mind.
[22:07] <DM_Tol> What would they think of you if you walked into town now, changed so.
[22:08] <DM_Tol> * As this session and adventure of Heroes of Azod comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_28_-_3-26-2018_-_finale_pt_2.txt · Last modified: 2018/03/26 10:14 by ryubasteon