Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/6e8540a9f61ef901aa0ec3b27b7bcb42.metadata failed
Action disabled: source

campaigns:the_forth:session_26_-_2-25-2018_-_demons
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/6e8540a9f61ef901aa0ec3b27b7bcb42.xhtml failed

Session Log for: 2/25/2018
8:18:50 PM <Khophus> “SHould I hit the caster?”
8:19:09 PM <DM_Tol> The four dark sorceror-like ritualists are still enaged with the obelisk, unmoving.
8:19:13 PM * *Kayalia skips a pace backwards from the caster, now wary of interacting with them.
8:19:33 PM <Miri> “Perhaps it's better to attack the obelisk its self?”
8:19:43 PM <Terres> “well if we cant touch the casters how about smashing the obelisk?”
8:20:46 PM <Khophus> “I can do that, too.”
8:21:11 PM * *Ash tries to interpose his shield between a caster and their stream of magic.
8:22:51 PM * *Khophus approaches the obelisk and looks for a handhold.
8:24:15 PM <Terres> (what does the obelisk look like?)
8:24:26 PM * *Miri will take out one of her daggers and throw it at the obelisk from as 20 feet away.
8:25:21 PM <DM_Tol> The obelisk matches the description from Neoma about the Pillars of Pyhrdo. It is about 8 feet tall, roundish rectangle, about 4 ft wide.
8:29:09 PM <DM_Tol> The obelisk has markings, perhaps runes, dark and otherworldly and beyond you. It is not something that has a handle and is moved or seems to invite interaction.
8:29:28 PM <DM_Tol> Miri throws the dagger and it bounces off.
8:30:02 PM <Ash> (Reposting…)
8:30:04 PM * *Ash tries to interpose his shield between a caster and their stream of magic.
8:30:16 PM <DM_Tol> (sorry missed that)
8:31:00 PM * *Miri goes and picks up her dagger “well that didn't work.”
8:31:17 PM <DM_Tol> Ash moves forward and blocks the stream momentarily. The soceror adjust the stream slightly as it resumes contact.
8:31:58 PM <Miri> “so killing them then and risking painful death?”
8:32:37 PM <Kayalia> “Interrupting the ritual sent us into the enemy's lair. What can we really do here?”
8:32:41 PM * *Ash gets up close to the sorceror to block it completely.
8:32:47 PM * *Khophus walks up to one of the casters and carefully measures out his reach for a punch.
8:33:16 PM <Miri> “well there are runes on the pillar…maybe we could scratch them out?”
8:33:21 PM <DM_Tol> (it was not the air blast that temporarly interupted the stream that transported you, it was when you made contact with a caster, fyi)
8:33:25 PM * *Kayalia backs away, closer to whichever party members haven't approached the obelisk.
8:33:52 PM <Khophus> “SHould I hit one?”
8:33:55 PM <Kayalia> (I don't remember touching a caster?)
8:33:56 PM <Miri> “no!”
8:33:58 PM <DM_Tol> Ash moves to interrupt the stream. The caster moves and adjusts slightly as it makes contact once more.
8:34:31 PM * *Ash continues to manuver to block caster and move with him.
8:34:33 PM <Kayalia> “It is quite strange, though. They ignore us completely. They're that focused on their task.”
8:34:53 PM <Miri> (how high up are the runes?)
8:34:55 PM <Khophus> Why not?“
8:35:01 PM <Terres> (so nothing in my warlock history of dealing with demons tells me anything about this ritual or how to wreck it?)
8:35:08 PM <Miri> “because that's how we ended up in demon town last time, that's why not.”
8:35:26 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia knocked one over with wind. Dylan pushed one down.)
8:35:48 PM <Khophus> (Yeah – they got back up. If I hit them, they ain't getting back up)
8:35:49 PM <Kayalia> (Actually I attempted to knock 3 down…)
8:35:58 PM <DM_Tol> The caster in front of Ash subtly and easily moves to maintain the contact of its stream.
8:36:49 PM <Terres> “So do we kill them?”
8:36:56 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, all you can tell is this is ancient foreign ritual. Nothing in this space seems specifically connected to demons, rather to planes.
8:37:09 PM * *Miri starts looking around the room to see if there is anything else of importance, anything that might help them figure it out.
8:37:19 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, the range is such that you could get one.)
8:37:34 PM <DM_Tol> The room is very plain, nothing else in the space.
8:38:01 PM <DM_Tol> As Ash continues to harass a caster, you see a brief pause in her, and then a clap.
8:38:11 PM <DM_Tol> (everyone roll CON save DC15)
8:38:27 PM <Ash> 1d20-1 DC15
8:38:27 PM <Miri> 1d20+5 vs dc15
8:38:27 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(17)-1 'DC15']: 16 (Success)
8:38:28 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(7)+5 'vs dc15']: 12 (Fail)
8:38:33 PM <Khophus> 1d20+4 DC 15
8:38:34 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(11)+4 'DC 15']: 15
8:38:38 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 vs dc15
8:38:39 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(7)+2 'vs dc15']: 9 (Fail)
8:38:42 PM <Khophus> (Ha!)
8:39:14 PM <Khophus> (brb)
8:39:38 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan flies back and hits his head, as does Theriand as do those of you who failed, 15ft back and prone.
8:39:49 PM <DM_Tol> (sorry, DC is 17)
8:40:04 PM <DM_Tol> (so, actually, that???s everyone. who didn???t roll?)
8:40:15 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia)
8:40:34 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+3 Init
8:40:35 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(4)+3 'Init']: 7
8:40:52 PM <Ash> (Noooooooo! Robbed of my victory!)
8:41:05 PM <Kayalia> (oh wait con save?)
8:41:07 PM <DM_Tol> (welcome back to the keyboard, and nice try, but that wasn???t initiative. lol)
8:41:24 PM <Kayalia> (only +1 on con saves… so… 5)
8:41:36 PM <DM_Tol> All of you fly back 15 ft and fall prone from a thunderwave.
8:42:22 PM <Terres> (did that come from the caster Ash was messing with?)
8:42:25 PM <Miri> (i wasn't even in range!)
8:42:30 PM <DM_Tol> (yes)
8:42:36 PM * *Khophus growls and rolls to his feet.
8:42:37 PM * *Kayalia takes a knee as she slides back. “What, we taking turns knocking each other back?”
8:42:43 PM <DM_Tol> (the effect filled the room)
8:42:52 PM <Khophus> “I say we take turns knocking them unconscious.”
8:43:03 PM <DM_Tol> (btw, map is at http://bit.ly/battlegrid )
8:43:16 PM <Miri> (how did it fill the room??)
8:43:41 PM <Ash> (Magic… enhanced?)
8:43:53 PM <Ash> (Thematic story telling effect?)
8:43:58 PM <DM_Tol> (A thunderwave emanated from the caster and rippled out filling the room)
8:44:25 PM <Miri> (thunderwave is a 15 foot cube from the caster unless it's being enhanced somehow)
8:44:49 PM <DM_Tol> (It was not the thunderwave spell you know, lol)
8:45:38 PM <Kayalia> (p = party?)
8:46:00 PM <DM_Tol> (well, yes it was, but not anymore. more like???)
8:46:30 PM <DM_Tol> (just place yourself with first 2 letters)
8:47:10 PM * *Terres gets up and shakes off the confusion then lounches an Eldritch blast at one of the casters
8:47:31 PM <Kayalia> (We all moved toward the south wall? Why? I assumed anyone not actively harassing the casters was still at west side by the entryway?)
8:47:49 PM <DM_Tol> (i said put yourself wherever you like)
8:47:58 PM <Miri> (the pilar is just the orange square?)
8:48:21 PM <Terres> (i was rotecting Khophus, thats why i was close to him)
8:48:27 PM <DM_Tol> (Yes, the yellow was glow I guess. hehe)
8:48:32 PM <Terres> (protecting too)
8:49:30 PM <DM_Tol> Terres sends a blast at the caster.
8:49:43 PM <DM_Tol> (ash, you ahve to be 15ft from a caster)
8:49:56 PM <Terres> 1d20+4
8:49:56 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(5)+4]: 9
8:50:04 PM <DM_Tol> (one of them is c4, so explosive)
8:50:34 PM * *Khophus looks around – isn't there something that needs hitting?
8:50:37 PM * *Terres shakes his head as his Eldritch blast goes wide
8:50:48 PM <DM_Tol> (i moved you, ash)
8:51:06 PM <Ash> (I readjusted)
8:51:17 PM <Ash> (If acceptable)
8:51:46 PM <DM_Tol> (no, your attack hits. It is a creature not paying you any mind, nor dodging, etc)
8:52:03 PM <DM_Tol> (i moved slightly)
8:52:21 PM <Terres> (oh if it hits then should i roll dmg)
8:52:29 PM <DM_Tol> (yep, roll damage)
8:52:39 PM <Terres> 1d10+2
8:52:39 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d10(1)+2]: 3
8:52:51 PM <DM_Tol> (which are you hitting?)
8:52:52 PM <Terres> (great start with the rolls today)
8:53:00 PM <DM_Tol> (c3 or c4?)
8:53:11 PM <Terres> (lets go for explosions , C4)
8:53:17 PM <DM_Tol> (hehe)
8:53:47 PM <Khophus> (So – my next character is going to be immune to explosions and named Torgue)
8:54:08 PM <DM_Tol> Terres damages the caster, as you are instantly transported once more.
8:55:32 PM <Terres> (so should i email you my new character?)
8:55:41 PM <DM_Tol> (hehe)
8:56:12 PM <Khophus> (Let's wait until everynoe dies so we don't have that awkward survivor's guilt episode)
8:57:06 PM <DM_Tol> In the new room of the same shape, you saw small benches all around. There are windows all around.
8:57:25 PM <Kayalia> (am I correct in observing… Miri and I weren't transported?)
8:57:29 PM <DM_Tol> There is a raised platform with a large winged demon leaning over something.
8:57:45 PM <DM_Tol> A ball rolls off the platform towards Khophus.
8:58:10 PM <DM_Tol> As it stops, you see that it is a human head. You recognzie it as the farmer whose farmhouse you visited.
8:58:24 PM <DM_Tol> (no)
8:58:36 PM <Terres> (dont worry guys, last time we were here deoms saw us and then went to the dungeon to get us, we shoudd be all alone with the boss now)
8:58:39 PM <DM_Tol> (thanks for pointing out)
8:58:42 PM <Kayalia> (d'aw.. it moves us forward…)
8:58:58 PM <Khophus> “Well – that answers that.”
8:59:17 PM <Terres> (farmer, was that befre i joined?)
8:59:23 PM <Miri> (i think so)
8:59:32 PM <Ash> (Yes)
8:59:45 PM <Ash> (Very early in the campaign)
8:59:50 PM <DM_Tol> There are two large demons on either side of the platform, now noticing the comotion of the other dozen demons who have seen you a second time and advance on you.
9:00:06 PM * *Khophus readies his sword and shield.
9:00:16 PM <Terres> (so other than being gross it has no emotional effect on me…. ewww who has sewered heads laying around)
9:00:16 PM <DM_Tol> `init rolls plz
9:00:17 PM «TolBot» Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
9:00:25 PM <Miri> 1d20-1
9:00:26 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(20)-1]: 19 (Marvelous)
9:00:32 PM <Terres> 1d20+1 init
9:00:32 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(19)+1 'init']: 20
9:00:42 PM <Miri> (of course that's where i waste a natural 20)
9:00:56 PM <Khophus> 1d20+1
9:00:56 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(7)+1]: 8
9:01:01 PM <Khophus> (phhft)
9:01:25 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+3 Initiative
9:01:25 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(19)+3 'Initiative']: 22
9:01:33 PM <Ash> 1d20
9:01:33 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(20)]: 20 (Most impressive.)
9:01:35 PM <Miri> (the yellow on the side the raised platform?)
9:01:39 PM <DM_Tol> (yes)
9:01:43 PM <Miri> (k)
9:02:00 PM <DM_Tol> Four doglike demons are the first to quickly reach you in attack mode.
9:02:10 PM <Terres> (great init rolls, we are going to miss them first)
9:02:30 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20 for Dretches
9:02:30 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(14) 'for Dretches']: 14
9:02:41 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20 for Quasits
9:02:41 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(13) 'for Quasits']: 13
9:03:04 PM <DM_Tol> `init report
9:03:04 PM «TolBot» Initiative Order: Kayalia, 22, Terres, 20, Ash, 20, Miri, 19, Dretches, 14, Quasits, 13, Khophus, 8
9:04:25 PM <DM_Tol> (action, Kayalia?)
9:04:29 PM <Kayalia> (I need a legend for this map… lol)
9:05:00 PM <Kayalia> (What is D1-4? 4x dretches? Q1-4 also 4x of that thing?)
9:05:40 PM <DM_Tol> (D = doglike demon. Q = Quasit, bD = big demon, dd = medium demonds, DL = large demon lord)
9:06:24 PM * *Kayalia dashes south, giving the hounds a wide berth so she's not attacked, all the while knocking an arrow in her hand crossbow. She then lets the bolt loose at one of the hounds closest (D4).
9:06:36 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5
9:06:37 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(11)+5]: 16
9:06:46 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
9:06:55 PM <Kayalia> 1d6+3 Piercing
9:06:56 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d6(5)+3 'Piercing']: 8
9:07:09 PM <Kayalia> (oh I get sneak attack too)
9:07:09 PM <DM_Tol> The demon screetches.
9:07:17 PM <DM_Tol> (ok)
9:07:25 PM <Kayalia> 2d6 Sneak Attack vs. enemy that has not acted yet
9:07:25 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 2d6(10) 'Sneak Attack vs. enemy that has not acted yet']: 10
9:07:26 PM <Terres> (fight barely started and i already ate all my comfort snack food)
9:07:40 PM <Miri> (*shares her pretzels*)
9:08:00 PM <DM_Tol> (plz be ready with your action when it???s your turn in the round. Terres)
9:08:12 PM * *Terres unleashes another Eldritch blast at D2
9:08:13 PM <Khophus> (*shares applesauce*)
9:08:19 PM <Terres> 1d20+4
9:08:20 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(13)+4]: 17
9:08:23 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
9:08:28 PM <Terres> 1d10+2
9:08:29 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d10(7)+2]: 9
9:08:31 PM <Kayalia> (18 damage on first round… well, I guess the next 10 rounds I'll miss or do natural 1 for my damage. Given my luck.)
9:08:44 PM <DM_Tol> Terres blasts a demon.
9:09:00 PM <DM_Tol> (ash(
9:09:23 PM * *Ash lets loose a powerful Guiding Bolt on C1
9:09:29 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, you didn???t move yourself on the map)
9:09:32 PM <Kayalia> (oops forgot to move myself on excel. done)
9:10:05 PM <Terres> (wait the casters teleported with us or is Ash shooting on the wrong map)
9:10:06 PM <Ash> 1d20+4
9:10:06 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(16)+4]: 20
9:10:26 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash?)
9:10:34 PM <Ash> 5d6 radiant damage to C1 (and next attack vs. C1 has advantage)
9:10:34 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 5d6(16) 'radiant damage to C1 (and next attack vs. C1 has advantage)']: 16
9:10:35 PM <DM_Tol> ( ^ ^ )
9:10:49 PM <DM_Tol> ( * *ahem* )
9:11:02 PM <Ash> (I'm on the wrong map…aren't I)
9:11:08 PM <DM_Tol> (lol)
9:11:14 PM <DM_Tol> (shall I say D1?)
9:11:15 PM <Ash> (Make that D1 then please)
9:11:40 PM <DM_Tol> Ash sears a dretch with radiant damage as it screetches, teeth glistening.
9:11:51 PM <DM_Tol> (miri)
9:12:45 PM <Kayalia> (5d6, nice!)
9:12:58 PM <Ash> (2nd level spell)
9:13:07 PM <Kayalia> (how many of those you got?)
9:13:12 PM * *Miri goes into a rage, moves up to d4 and hacks at hime wiwth a reckless attack.
9:13:13 PM <DM_Tol> ( Miri your turn. plz be ready, y???all)
9:13:18 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
9:13:18 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(4, 6)+4 'adv']: 10
9:13:29 PM <DM_Tol> Miri in her rage swings wildly.
9:14:10 PM <DM_Tol> It bites back.
9:14:58 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 biting Miri
9:14:58 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(4)+2 'biting Miri']: 6
9:15:08 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 clawing Miri
9:15:08 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(4)+2 'clawing Miri']: 6
9:15:19 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 clawing Ash
9:15:19 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+2 'clawing Ash']: 3 (Ouch!)
9:15:26 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 biting Ash
9:15:26 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+2 'biting Ash']: 21
9:15:48 PM <Ash> (reaction)
9:15:48 PM <Ash> 2d10 fire damage (save vs. half. Hellish Rebuke)
9:15:48 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 2d10(14) 'fire damage (save vs. half. Hellish Rebuke)']: 14
9:16:14 PM <DM_Tol> (Dex?)
9:16:19 PM <Miri> (oh tol….)
9:16:23 PM <Ash> (Dex save DC13)
9:16:33 PM <Miri> (his first attack against me should have had advantage)
9:16:33 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20 DC13
9:16:33 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(9) 'DC13']: 9 (Fail)
9:16:51 PM <DM_Tol> The dretch goes down in flames. (does it halt your damage?)
9:17:01 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 biting damage
9:17:01 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d6(1) 'biting damage']: 1
9:17:22 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 biting Khophus
9:17:22 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(6)+2 'biting Khophus']: 8
9:17:26 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 clawing Khophus
9:17:27 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(7)+2 'clawing Khophus']: 9
9:17:52 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 clawing Kayalia
9:17:52 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(12)+2 'clawing Kayalia']: 14
9:17:56 PM <Khophus> (nope)
9:17:57 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+2 biting Kayalia
9:17:57 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(8)+2 'biting Kayalia']: 10
9:18:15 PM <Kayalia> (AC is a mere 15, but avoided it seems)
9:18:27 PM <Ash> (No it's a reaction, so I'm reacting to getting hit)
9:19:41 PM <DM_Tol> The batlike demons attack as well.
9:19:49 PM <DM_Tol> (1 damage then)
9:20:25 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 on Terres
9:20:25 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(11)+4 'on Terres']: 15
9:20:36 PM <Terres> (AC14)
9:20:39 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 on Ash
9:20:39 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(3)+4 'on Ash']: 7
9:20:56 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4+3 bite damage
9:20:56 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d4(3)+3 'bite damage']: 6
9:21:13 PM <DM_Tol> (CON save Terres, DC10)
9:21:25 PM <DM_Tol> (Khophus action)
9:21:32 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 vs dc10
9:21:32 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(4)+2 'vs dc10']: 6 (Fail)
9:21:46 PM <DM_Tol> 2d4 poison damage
9:21:46 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 2d4(5) 'poison damage']: 5
9:21:56 PM * *Khophus swings twice at the demon in front of him (Attack and action surge)
9:22:07 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
9:22:07 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(12)+5]: 17
9:22:11 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
9:22:12 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(2)+5]: 7
9:22:25 PM <DM_Tol> (The doglik dretch D2 or the batlike Quasit Q3?)
9:22:26 PM <Khophus> (Phhft – at least I got one hit)
9:22:31 PM <DM_Tol> (first hit)
9:22:31 PM <Khophus> (D@)
9:22:36 PM <Khophus> (D2)
9:22:52 PM <Khophus> 1d8+3 damage
9:22:52 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(7)+3 'damage']: 10
9:23:00 PM <Terres> (can i interject a reaction to the attack too)
9:23:14 PM <Khophus> “THIS IS MUCH BETTER!”
9:23:16 PM <Kayalia> (why is there two D2?)
9:23:35 PM <Kayalia> (:P)
9:23:41 PM <DM_Tol> (you can have reaction)
9:23:56 PM * *Terres points at the creature and casts Hellish rebuke as well
9:24:25 PM <Terres> 3d10+2 (save dex DC 12 for half)
9:24:26 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 3d10(16)+2 '(save dex DC 12 for half)']: 18
9:24:27 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20 DC13
9:24:27 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(3) 'DC13']: 3 (Fail)
9:24:52 PM <DM_Tol> The creature dies.
9:25:02 PM <Terres> (how is my rebuke more powerful than Ashes?)
9:25:17 PM <DM_Tol> (better looking)
9:25:27 PM <Terres> (i will take that_
9:25:29 PM <Terres> )
9:25:30 PM <Khophus> (My glorious presence)
9:25:50 PM * *Terres looks very hurt
9:25:52 PM <DM_Tol> You notice that the two large demons flanking the most menacing one on the platform are turning because of comotion, but not yet fully realized your presence.
9:25:56 PM <Ash> (Good question)
9:26:18 PM <DM_Tol> The room flashes and you are transported back to level 7 underground.
9:26:31 PM <Kayalia> (hMmmn..)
9:26:41 PM <DM_Tol> (you can move your characters if to coincide if you want, but not important prolly)
9:27:06 PM <Ash> (Because I marked mine as a 1st level, instead of a 2nd level)
9:27:16 PM <Miri> (why did i just jump?)
9:27:52 PM <Terres> (oh all my spell slots are second level)
9:27:56 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, state any action)
9:28:29 PM <DM_Tol> (Terres, roll CON save DC10)
9:28:39 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 vs dc10
9:28:40 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(20)+2 'vs dc10']: 22 (Critical success)
9:28:40 PM <DM_Tol> (State any action, plz)
9:28:53 PM <Miri> (all of us?)
9:28:56 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, you feel the poisonous effects leave your system as you overcome it.
9:29:05 PM * *Terres moves closer to the others
9:29:51 PM <Terres> “Well that hurt!”
9:30:00 PM <Kayalia> “This… is disorienting.”
9:30:21 PM <Miri> “well i can always attack a caster and send us back again.”
9:30:22 PM <Terres> (we stayed transported longer this time?)
9:31:01 PM <DM_Tol> (3 seconds pass)
9:31:25 PM <Miri> (are we not in init right now?)
9:31:54 PM * *Khophus blinks and looks around.
9:32:11 PM <Ash> “We need to disrupt those casters.”
9:32:23 PM <Terres> “We can use this teleporting around to our advantage it seems”
9:32:44 PM <Terres> “Also could i bother anyone for a heal?”
9:32:50 PM <DM_Tol> (3 more seconds pass)
9:32:54 PM <Kayalia> “Say, if we're going back there, why not position ourselves more advantageously first?”
9:32:58 PM <DM_Tol> * * Flash * *
9:33:14 PM <DM_Tol> The room flashes as you are transported back to the tower room filled with demons.
9:33:27 PM <Ash> “Gah!
9:33:34 PM <Terres> (i am seriously the only one that moved)
9:33:38 PM <Khophus> “HA!”
9:33:39 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, action?)
9:34:03 PM * *Kayalia swaps her left and right hand weapons and slashes the demondog with her war fan
9:34:09 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+6
9:34:09 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(15)+6]: 21
9:34:15 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
9:34:24 PM <Terres> (didnt i kill the Q3 guy or is he still alive)
9:34:24 PM <DM_Tol> The creature dies.
9:34:41 PM <DM_Tol> (You killed D2 that was ???north??? of you)
9:34:43 PM <Kayalia> (do we get the drop on them when flashing in?)
9:35:04 PM <Terres> (my reaction goes agains the thing that attacked me i thought)
9:35:17 PM <DM_Tol> (you do not get a surprise round or a not-attacked-yet bonus circumstance, no)
9:35:43 PM <DM_Tol> (correct, did I mess that up? then niether are dead)
9:35:43 PM <Kayalia> (For example if each time we flash in counts as a new combat, my class ability of getting adv on an enemy who has not yet acted in that combat)
9:36:02 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, i understand. and no)
9:36:06 PM <Miri> (who killed d4?)
9:36:16 PM <DM_Tol> (you just did)
9:36:20 PM <Kayalia> (shall I damage dice? or assumed dead cause it had 1 hp or something?)
9:36:32 PM <DM_Tol> (crap. oops)
9:36:33 PM <Terres> (D2 has -9 from me first attack and -10 from Khopus, Q3 has -18 from rebuke)
9:36:37 PM <Miri> (i haven't gone)
9:36:46 PM <DM_Tol> (roll damage, Kayalia)
9:36:52 PM <Kayalia> 1d6+4 war fan vs. D3
9:36:52 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d6(4)+4 'war fan vs. D3']: 8
9:37:11 PM <DM_Tol> The flames on the Quasit, Terres, seemed to not affect the creature as much as you would expect.
9:37:30 PM <DM_Tol> (D3 dies at Kayalia???s hand.
9:38:11 PM <DM_Tol> (terres)
9:38:12 PM * *Terres casts another Eldritch blast this time at Q3
9:38:18 PM <Terres> 1d20+4
9:38:19 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(14)+4]: 18
9:38:27 PM <Terres> 1d10+2
9:38:27 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d10(5)+2]: 7
9:38:34 PM <DM_Tol> (Miri, sorry for confusing things. I gave Kay???s attack to your creature)
9:38:44 PM <Miri> (np)
9:39:07 PM <Terres> (i assumed 18 hit)
9:39:08 PM <DM_Tol> Terres wounds the Quasit bat creature.
9:39:20 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash)
9:39:27 PM * *Terres takes a step back toward the wall
9:39:32 PM * *Ash attacks Q2 with his club
9:39:58 PM <Ash> (making it a Shillelagh beforehand)
9:40:00 PM <Ash> 1d20+4
9:40:00 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(13)+4]: 17
9:40:10 PM <Ash> 1d8+2
9:40:10 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d8(8)+2]: 10
9:40:12 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
9:40:25 PM <DM_Tol> Ash kills the Quasit
9:40:58 PM <DM_Tol> (Khophus the Quasit near you also died.)
9:41:04 PM <DM_Tol> (miri)
9:41:08 PM * *Ash relocates
9:41:26 PM * *Miri attacks d4 with a reckless attack.
9:41:31 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
9:41:31 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(2, 10)+4 'adv']: 14
9:41:41 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
9:41:48 PM <Miri> 2d6+4 slashing
9:41:48 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(8)+4 'slashing']: 12
9:41:50 PM <Miri> 2d6 fire
9:41:51 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(2) 'fire']: 2
9:41:57 PM <DM_Tol> The creature dies.
9:42:42 PM <DM_Tol> The dretch attack Khophus.
9:42:51 PM <DM_Tol> 2#1d20+2
9:42:51 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+2]: 3 (Uh oh.)
9:42:52 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+2]: 3 (Not good.)
9:43:03 PM <Khophus> (Nope!)
9:43:10 PM <DM_Tol> It does not connect biting or clawing and falls prone.
9:43:32 PM <Khophus> (AoO?)
9:43:48 PM <DM_Tol> (no)
9:44:05 PM <Kayalia> (I don't think thats aoo so much as you get adv when attacking back)
9:44:14 PM <Khophus> (dang)
9:44:20 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 biting Miri
9:44:20 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(19)+4 'biting Miri']: 23
9:44:23 PM <Khophus> (well, that's better)
9:44:29 PM <Miri> (advantage tol)
9:44:40 PM <Miri> (not that it matters unless you get at nat 20 cuse that 23 hits)
9:45:04 PM <DM_Tol> A quasit advances and bites Miri. (i forgot)
9:45:10 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 biting Miri
9:45:10 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(1)+4 'biting Miri']: 5 (Yikes!)
9:45:18 PM <Miri> (so 3?)
9:45:22 PM <DM_Tol> (lol)
9:45:35 PM <Miri> (cause rounding up ya?)
9:46:05 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4+3 piercing damage.
9:46:05 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d4(4)+3 'piercing damage.']: 7
9:46:12 PM <DM_Tol> (so, 4 damage)
9:46:19 PM <DM_Tol> (roll CON save DC10)
9:46:22 PM <Miri> (oh the 5 was an attack roll oops )
9:46:40 PM <Miri> 1d20+5 vs dc10
9:46:40 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(1)+5 'vs dc10']: 6 (Critical fail)
9:46:49 PM <DM_Tol> 2d4 poison damage
9:46:49 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 2d4(4) 'poison damage']: 4
9:46:55 PM <DM_Tol> YOu feel poison course through your veins.
9:47:00 PM <Miri> (so 2, yay)
9:47:06 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+4 biting Ash
9:47:06 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(7)+4 'biting Ash']: 11
9:47:12 PM <DM_Tol> (does poison half?)
9:47:12 PM <Ash> (miss)
9:47:24 PM <Miri> (resistant to all but psychic damage while raging)
9:47:32 PM <Miri> (totem of the bear)
9:47:47 PM <Miri> (i'll double ccheck tho)
9:48:12 PM <DM_Tol> (rage only halves bludgeoning, pierce, and slashing damage)
9:48:28 PM <DM_Tol> (Khophus)
9:48:37 PM <Miri> (totem of the bear makes me resistant to all but pyschic damage)
9:48:43 PM <DM_Tol> (cool)
9:48:46 PM <Kayalia> (I think she's saying her totem power expands normal rage's resistances)
9:48:56 PM * *Khophus slams his blade into the ribcage of the prone beast.
9:49:00 PM <Khophus> (adv?)
9:49:07 PM <DM_Tol> The demon lord on the stage still has back turned. The chaos in the room flies through the air.
9:49:12 PM <DM_Tol> (sure)
9:49:26 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5 adv
9:49:26 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(20, 9)+5 'adv']: 25 (Booyeah)
9:49:31 PM <Khophus> (HA!)
9:49:35 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus decimates the creature.
9:49:55 PM <DM_Tol> (roll dam)
9:50:08 PM * *Khophus rips the blade through bone, sinew and flesh – letting out a howl of victory.
9:50:16 PM <Khophus> 1d8+3
9:50:16 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(7)+3]: 10
9:50:36 PM <Terres> (no crit dmg?)
9:50:42 PM <DM_Tol> (another die for crit)
9:50:45 PM <Khophus> (double dice or damage on crit? I forget)
9:50:50 PM <DM_Tol> The creature dies.
9:50:50 PM <Khophus> (ok)
9:50:57 PM <DM_Tol> (you roll an additional damage die)
9:50:57 PM <Khophus> 1d8+3
9:50:58 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(7)+3]: 10
9:51:15 PM <Khophus> (phhft – someone shake Tolbot, i think he's stuck)
9:51:32 PM <DM_Tol> The two ???general??? demons turn to notice you.
9:51:41 PM <Miri> (i donno..have you seen how many 9s CR has rolled lately? lol)
9:51:48 PM <Khophus> (Nein!)
9:51:51 PM <DM_Tol> More demons advance from the edges of the room.
9:51:56 PM <Miri> (hehe)
9:52:08 PM * *Khophus licks his chops and readies his stance.
9:52:27 PM <Miri> (they have VD now? lmao)
9:52:38 PM <Khophus> (Vr? Vrock? Oh…[censored] me)
9:52:47 PM <Ash> (Oh crap, now we are fighting ve… beat me to the punch-line)
9:53:09 PM <DM_Tol> (so, ???dd??? means huddle, previously preoccupied demons)
9:53:25 PM <Khophus> (VD means I'm going to want gloves for this)
9:53:30 PM <Miri> (so big boobs, VD, and explosives?)
9:53:32 PM <DM_Tol> The demon ???generals??? look at you and scream.
9:53:40 PM <DM_Tol> * *flash*
9:53:49 PM <Khophus> (…another Sunday night with the Tollers Clan)
9:54:04 PM * *Terres notices the pattern and moves
9:54:05 PM <DM_Tol> The room flashes and you are transported again back to the lowest level under the castle grounds. The buzzing resumes in your ears.
9:54:34 PM <DM_Tol> (Feel free to state and perform any action)
9:54:37 PM <Terres> (how far can i move?)
9:54:47 PM * *Miri moves and attacks c4 with a reckless attack.
9:54:49 PM <DM_Tol> (same as in normal round)
9:55:02 PM <Ash> “Everybody focus fire on that one (C4) and attack at the count of 5!”
9:55:03 PM <DM_Tol> (automatic hit)
9:55:10 PM * *Ash points at C4
9:55:38 PM * *Khophus runs to it, readying his sword
9:55:47 PM <Ash> “5”…“4”…“3”…“2”…
9:55:53 PM * *Terres casts a Eldritch blast when he stops
9:55:54 PM <Ash> “1”…NOW!!!
9:55:58 PM <Miri> 2d6+4 slashing
9:55:58 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(5)+4 'slashing']: 9
9:56:00 PM <Miri> 2d6 fire
9:56:01 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(5) 'fire']: 5
9:56:10 PM <Terres> 1d10+2 Blast
9:56:10 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d10(6)+2 'Blast']: 8
9:56:19 PM <Ash> 5d6 guiding bolt (radiance damage)
9:56:19 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 5d6(16) 'guiding bolt (radiance damage)']: 16
9:56:19 PM <Khophus> 1d8+3
9:56:20 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(8)+3]: 11
9:56:58 PM <Kayalia> (???)
9:57:24 PM <Miri> (we are all attacking c4, and it's an auto hit)
9:57:25 PM <Terres> (we are unloading one round on C4)
9:57:42 PM <Terres> (and repositioning)
9:57:50 PM <Kayalia> (Iohhh on orig floor)
9:57:55 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+6
9:57:56 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(14)+6]: 20
9:57:57 PM <Miri> (yes)
9:58:02 PM <Kayalia> 1d6+4
9:58:02 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d6(3)+4]: 7
9:58:21 PM <DM_Tol> (54 total?)
9:58:35 PM <Kayalia> (I feel like I should get sneak dice here lol)
9:58:58 PM <Terres> (i counted 56 but i suck at adding)
9:59:05 PM <Miri> (i got 56 too)
9:59:25 PM <Miri> (and you should get sneak attack since we are all right next to it, but it's not an attacking enemy so not sure)
9:59:48 PM <DM_Tol> (there???s not a coup de grace rule, so I???m gonna leave it at the auto-hit)
10:00:08 PM <Terres> (thats the one i initialy blasted to start this thing right?)
10:00:12 PM <DM_Tol> (you can have auto-hits for all, but not additional circumstancial attacks)
10:00:14 PM <Kayalia> (the flanking thing, yeah?)
10:00:18 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, terres)
10:00:46 PM <Kayalia> (miri got to add extra damage from flames but I can't add damage from precision?)
10:01:12 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, roll it)
10:01:19 PM <Kayalia> 2d6
10:01:19 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 2d6(3)]: 3
10:01:29 PM <Kayalia> (3 better than none I guess)
10:02:06 PM <DM_Tol> The creatures is blasted to the ground as her stream stops.
10:02:11 PM <DM_Tol> * *flash*
10:02:28 PM <DM_Tol> You appear in the room in the tower (do move yourself on the tower map to where you are now, plz)
10:04:56 PM <DM_Tol> A shadowy demon advances towards you, and behind it is a large winged creature with deadly claws.
10:05:07 PM <DM_Tol> Three more dretches pack attack you.
10:05:24 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, your action.)
10:05:33 PM <Khophus> (come to me, my little chunks of XP)
10:05:40 PM <DM_Tol> (lol)
10:05:41 PM <Kayalia> (legend again please?)
10:06:16 PM <Terres> (D Dog things, Q are bat things, VD and SD are officer demons or something)
10:06:25 PM <DM_Tol> (D# = doglike dretch, SD=shadowy demon, VD = winged demon)
10:06:40 PM <Terres> (DL you click to download the map)
10:06:47 PM <DM_Tol> (dd = random demons, bD = big demons, DL = demon lord)
10:07:06 PM <DM_Tol> (hehe))
10:07:34 PM <Khophus> (brb – murder along without me)
10:07:43 PM * *Kayalia disengages/withdraws (as a bonus action) to avoid getting swung at as she maneuvers around the enemies to flank Q2 with Ash
10:07:57 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+6 Slash with Fan
10:07:57 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(9)+6 'Slash with Fan']: 15
10:08:01 PM <Kayalia> oops
10:08:06 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+6 Slash with Fan
10:08:06 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(15)+6 'Slash with Fan']: 21
10:08:18 PM <Kayalia> (wait no the first one)
10:08:46 PM <Kayalia> (mental fart thinking I'd get advantage for some reason)
10:09:44 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
10:10:05 PM <Kayalia> 1d6+4
10:10:06 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d6(5)+4]: 9
10:10:07 PM <Kayalia> 2d6
10:10:08 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 2d6(5)]: 5
10:10:11 PM <Kayalia> (14)
10:10:38 PM <DM_Tol> The creature goes down.
10:10:38 PM <Kayalia> (@Q2)
10:10:49 PM <DM_Tol> (terres)
10:10:58 PM * *Terres fires off a blast at Q1 then moves behind Miri
10:11:11 PM <Terres> 1d20+4 Eltritch balst at Q1
10:11:12 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(10)+4 'Eltritch balst at Q1']: 14
10:11:18 PM * *Kayalia weaves through the battle deftly, with grace, her fan making a gleaming trail as it slices through fiendish creature in turn.
10:12:21 PM <Terres> (hit or miss?)
10:12:44 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
10:12:50 PM <Terres> 1d10+2
10:12:51 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d10(5)+2]: 7
10:13:11 PM <DM_Tol> The creaure goes down.
10:13:32 PM <DM_Tol> (ash)
10:13:52 PM <Ash> 1d20+4 attack vs. Q1
10:13:53 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(8)+4 'attack vs. Q1']: 12
10:14:09 PM <Ash> (oops that's dead. D5 then)
10:14:18 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
10:14:28 PM <Ash> 1d8+2
10:14:28 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d8(8)+2]: 10
10:14:46 PM <DM_Tol> Ash damages a drect.
10:14:47 PM <DM_Tol> (miri)
10:14:56 PM * *Miri moves and hits d6 with a reckless attack.
10:15:02 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
10:15:02 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(13, 11)+4 'adv']: 17
10:15:07 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
10:15:10 PM <Miri> 2d6+4 slashing
10:15:11 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(4)+4 'slashing']: 8
10:15:12 PM <Miri> 2d6 fire
10:15:13 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(5) 'fire']: 5
10:15:35 PM <DM_Tol> It hits the creature, thought the fire damage seems to have less effect.
10:16:11 PM <DM_Tol> It attacks back.
10:16:17 PM <Miri> (adv on me)
10:16:28 PM <DM_Tol> 2#1d20+2 adv on Miri
10:16:28 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(12, 14)+2 'adv on Miri']: 16
10:16:29 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(19, 13)+2 'adv on Miri']: 21
10:16:50 PM <Miri> (both hit)
10:16:55 PM <DM_Tol> 2d4 slashing claw damage
10:16:55 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 2d4(3) 'slashing claw damage']: 3
10:17:04 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 biting damage
10:17:04 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d6(4) 'biting damage']: 4
10:17:13 PM <DM_Tol> 1d2
10:17:13 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d2(2)]: 2
10:17:28 PM <DM_Tol> 2#1d20+2 on Ash
10:17:28 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(20)+2 'on Ash']: 22 (Way to go!)
10:17:29 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(6)+2 'on Ash']: 8
10:17:37 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 biting damage.
10:17:38 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d6(4) 'biting damage.']: 4
10:17:44 PM <Ash> (Not way to go!)
10:17:45 PM <DM_Tol> (4hps, Ash)
10:18:53 PM <DM_Tol> (khophus)
10:19:15 PM * *Khophus swings at the dretch
10:19:15 PM <Terres> (swing low Khop!)
10:19:26 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
10:19:26 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(8)+5]: 13
10:19:39 PM <Khophus> (hit?)
10:19:41 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
10:19:46 PM <Khophus> (whoo!)
10:19:52 PM <Khophus> 1d8+3
10:19:53 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(2)+3]: 5
10:19:57 PM <DM_Tol> (Dretch AC is 11)
10:20:02 PM <DM_Tol> (which one?)
10:20:15 PM <Khophus> (DR5)
10:20:23 PM <DM_Tol> Khopus wounds the creature
10:21:20 PM <DM_Tol> The shadowy demons moves towards you.
10:22:06 PM <DM_Tol> The other larger vulture-like demon moves up beside, and lets out a screetch.
10:22:40 PM <DM_Tol> (Everyone make Con save DC13)
10:22:48 PM <Ash> 1d20-1 vs DC13
10:22:48 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(13)-1 'vs DC13']: 12 (Fail)
10:22:49 PM <Terres> 1d20+2 vs dc13
10:22:49 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(10)+2 'vs dc13']: 12 (Fail)
10:22:51 PM <Miri> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:22:52 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(7)+5 'vs dc13']: 12 (Fail)
10:22:58 PM <Khophus> 1d20+4 DC 13
10:22:59 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(12)+4 'DC 13']: 16
10:23:00 PM <Ash> (I smell a cheat)
10:23:03 PM <DM_Tol> The horrific screeth emanates all around.
10:23:09 PM <Khophus> (Hey! I showered!)
10:23:17 PM <Miri> (wow…all 3 of us rolled the same)
10:23:36 PM <DM_Tol> (who cheated?)
10:23:50 PM <Ash> (Tolbot)
10:24:14 PM <DM_Tol> (what???d it do? lol)
10:24:27 PM <Ash> (Three 12's in a row.)
10:24:29 PM <DM_Tol> Those of you not overcoming the shriek are stunned.
10:24:32 PM <Terres> (teased us all with 12s on a dc13)
10:25:05 PM <DM_Tol> The two beside the demon lord focus on you and one of them raises its wings and lets out a cry. It turns to the other as you see it point downward.
10:25:08 PM <DM_Tol> * *flash*
10:25:20 PM <DM_Tol> YOu are transported into the lower level 7 room.
10:25:34 PM <Miri> (and those that are stunned can't move, correct?)
10:25:38 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+1 vs dc13
10:25:39 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(16)+1 'vs dc13']: 17 (Success)
10:25:50 PM <DM_Tol> Stunned: Incapacitated and cannot move. Ability to speak is impaired but not lost. Automatically fail Strength and Dexterity saving throws. Attacks have advantage.
10:26:45 PM <Miri> (is c4 dead?)
10:26:48 PM <DM_Tol> The downed caster remains on the ground. Her body has started to flake off into sand.
10:27:57 PM * *Ash slurs something about “Next casser”
10:28:10 PM <Miri> “can't…move”
10:28:19 PM <Khophus> “WHAT?”
10:28:48 PM * *Kayalia backs away a bit. “Uhg. Didn't we just leave this soiree?”
10:28:56 PM <DM_Tol> (khophus is only one not stunned, i think
10:29:07 PM <Kayalia> (I am not stunned)
10:29:13 PM <DM_Tol> (kay, you never rolled)
10:29:25 PM <Kayalia> (I did at 23:26)
10:29:26 PM <Miri> [21:26] TolBot [Kayalia's 1d20(16)+1 'vs dc13']: 17 (Success)))
10:29:46 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, cool)
10:29:58 PM <DM_Tol> (i got a cookie at 21:26 :) )
10:30:17 PM <DM_Tol> (actions for anyone doing something)
10:30:24 PM <Terres> (sharing is caring)
10:30:46 PM * *Kayalia moves beside Miri. “You okay…?”
10:30:57 PM * *Khophus slashes at the drennel again to kill it.
10:31:00 PM <Miri> “can't move”
10:31:09 PM <Miri> (we are back below khophus)
10:31:18 PM <Kayalia> “How can I help…!?”
10:31:25 PM <Miri> “don't know”
10:31:40 PM * *Khophus looks around…“What do I do?”
10:31:45 PM <DM_Tol> (3 seconds pass)
10:31:53 PM * *Kayalia shakes Miri a bit with one hand on her arm.
10:32:05 PM * *Miri is shook but doesn't move.
10:32:07 PM <Ash> “Kill hem”
10:32:15 PM <Miri> “kill caster”
10:32:18 PM <DM_Tol> (6 seconds pass)
10:32:22 PM <Ash> “yes”
10:32:22 PM <DM_Tol> * *flash*
10:32:32 PM <DM_Tol> You transport back to the tower room.
10:32:39 PM <Khophus> “Where's the – this again?”
10:33:22 PM * *Khophus looks down at the dretch. “Hello…”
10:33:36 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia)
10:34:17 PM <DM_Tol> (i just picked up on the tolbot cheat thing??? a string of 12 results on a 13 dc. hehe)
10:34:59 PM * *Kayalia protects Miri by attacking D5 and interposing herself between the others and D6/7 in the process
10:35:29 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+6
10:35:29 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 1d20(9)+6]: 15
10:35:32 PM <Terres> (are we still stunned)
10:35:38 PM <Kayalia> 3d6+4
10:35:38 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 3d6(7)+4]: 11
10:35:59 PM <DM_Tol> The creature (D5) is destroyed.
10:36:16 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, you and the others feel the use of your limbs once again. (you action)
10:36:28 PM <Kayalia> (my precision dice are bec ause I am flanking with Khophus, the other non-stunned person)
10:36:36 PM * *Terres moves a few steps then fires a blast at D6
10:36:59 PM <Terres> 1d20+4 Eldritch blast
10:37:00 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d20(8)+4 'Eldritch blast ']: 12
10:37:34 PM <Terres> (you said Ac11 or was that the Q monsters)
10:37:39 PM <DM_Tol> The creature is destroyed by Terres??? blast.
10:38:01 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, AC11. but do roll damage.)
10:38:07 PM <DM_Tol> (I thought the 12 was damage. hehe0
10:38:10 PM <Terres> 1d10+2
10:38:11 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d10(1)+2]: 3
10:38:24 PM <DM_Tol> The creature takes the hit and growls.
10:38:27 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash)
10:38:28 PM * *Ash takes a swing at VD.
10:38:31 PM <Ash> 1d20+4
10:38:31 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d20(18)+4]: 22
10:38:35 PM <Ash> 1d8+2
10:38:36 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 1d8(3)+2]: 5
10:38:52 PM <DM_Tol> Ash swings at the large vulture-like demon before him and hits.
10:39:18 PM <DM_Tol> (what are you swinging with? damage type?)
10:39:31 PM <Kayalia> (thank you for combating venereal disease. it is a big issue in some parts of the world.)
10:39:38 PM <Ash> (Magic club)
10:39:56 PM <Terres> (always use protection when battling VD)
10:40:01 PM <Khophus> (Isn't the magic club what got you in close with VD?)
10:40:30 PM <DM_Tol> Ash damages the creature slightly, which has a stunned look.
10:40:33 PM <Khophus> (I'm sure right now, Tollers is reconsidering just using the creature's full name. :D )
10:40:39 PM <DM_Tol> (miri)
10:40:50 PM <Miri> (is d6 dead or just hurt?)
10:40:50 PM <DM_Tol> (lol, yes, Khoph)
10:41:18 PM <DM_Tol> (sorry, forgot to add d6 back)
10:41:34 PM * *Miri rages, moves, and reckless attacks d7
10:41:36 PM <DM_Tol> (that the right place?)
10:41:40 PM <Miri> (nope)
10:41:51 PM <Miri> (ok, i won't move and will just attack d6)
10:42:01 PM <Miri> 1d20+4 adv
10:42:01 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 1d20(2, 18)+4 'adv']: 22
10:42:06 PM <DM_Tol> (hit)
10:42:08 PM <Miri> 2d6+4 slashing
10:42:09 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(8)+4 'slashing']: 12
10:42:11 PM <Miri> 2d6 fire
10:42:11 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(10) 'fire']: 10
10:42:52 PM <DM_Tol> Miri damages the creature.
10:43:27 PM <DM_Tol> (i moved you, Miri)
10:43:29 PM <DM_Tol> 1d2
10:43:29 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d2(2)]: 2
10:43:45 PM <Miri> (ok…i thought you put d6 back where it was that's why i hadn't moved)
10:43:51 PM <DM_Tol> 2#1d20+2 adv on Miri
10:43:51 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(7, 17)+2 'adv on Miri']: 19
10:43:51 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(19, 4)+2 'adv on Miri']: 21
10:44:16 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6+2d4 bite/claw
10:44:16 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d6(4)+2d4(3) 'bite/claw']: 7
10:44:32 PM <DM_Tol> ( ok, that???s an awesome roll mechanic, if I do say so)
10:44:53 PM <Miri> (so 4?)
10:44:57 PM <DM_Tol> (halved, to 4)
10:45:03 PM <DM_Tol> 1d2
10:45:03 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d2(1)]: 1
10:45:28 PM <DM_Tol> 2#1d20+2 adv on khophus from a dretch
10:45:28 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(7, 14)+2 'adv on khophus from a dretch']: 16
10:45:29 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(4, 5)+2 'adv on khophus from a dretch']: 7
10:45:37 PM <DM_Tol> (both miss. no advantage)
10:45:46 PM <Khophus> (nope and nope)
10:46:10 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus acts.
10:46:47 PM * *Khophus swing shis blade
10:46:50 PM <Khophus> 1d20+5
10:46:51 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d20(14)+5]: 19
10:46:59 PM <Khophus> 1d8+3
10:46:59 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(7)+3]: 10
10:47:14 PM <Khophus> (better than nothing)
10:47:33 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus destroys the creature D6
10:47:40 PM <Khophus> (D6 for those of you playing at home)
10:48:06 PM <DM_Tol> 1d5
10:48:06 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d5(2)]: 2
10:48:33 PM <DM_Tol> 1d5
10:48:33 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d5(4)]: 4
10:48:58 PM <DM_Tol> The vulture-like creature advances into the frey.
10:49:30 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Miri as it bites at her
10:49:30 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(6)+6 'vs Miri as it bites at her']: 12
10:49:42 PM <Miri> (hiit)
10:49:46 PM <Terres> (where did one of the big demons go?)
10:49:50 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+6 vs Miri as it claws at her
10:49:51 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(2)+6 'vs Miri as it claws at her']: 8
10:50:13 PM <DM_Tol> 2d6+3 piercing (halved)
10:50:13 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 2d6(7)+3 'piercing (halved)']: 10
10:50:36 PM <Miri> (so 5?)
10:50:58 PM <DM_Tol> Terres, you notice that one of the large demons (that looked like flanking generals) is GONE. The other has moved up onto the platform and is approaching the large menacing demon lord.
10:51:58 PM <DM_Tol> The shadow demon claws at Khophus
10:52:01 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20+5
10:52:01 PM «TolBot» [DM_Tol's 1d20(9)+5]: 14
10:52:26 PM <Khophus> (Ha! Nope)
10:52:28 PM <DM_Tol> The Demon Lord pushes the larger demon away from it up on the platform.
10:52:32 PM <DM_Tol> * *flash*
10:52:45 PM <DM_Tol> You find yourselves in the downstairs room with the obelisk.
10:52:57 PM <Ash> “Kill that caster”
10:53:05 PM * *Ash points at C3 and starts counting down.
10:53:15 PM * *Miri moves to c3 and waits for ash's count down.
10:53:40 PM * *Khophus charges at it, swinging his sword
10:53:43 PM * *Terres moves with the group
10:53:44 PM <Ash> “5”…“4”…“3”…“2”…
10:53:55 PM <Ash> “1”…'NOW!!!”
10:54:04 PM * *Kayalia darts over and slashes.
10:54:06 PM * *Khophus swings
10:54:11 PM * *Miri swings her sword
10:54:17 PM <DM_Tol> (roll your damages)
10:54:18 PM <Ash> 4d6 radiant damage (Guiding Bolt)
10:54:19 PM <Khophus> 1d8+5
10:54:19 PM «TolBot» [Ash's 4d6(13) 'radiant damage (Guiding Bolt)']: 13
10:54:19 PM <Miri> 2d6+4 slashing
10:54:19 PM «TolBot» [Khophus's 1d8(2)+5]: 7
10:54:20 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(10)+4 'slashing']: 14
10:54:21 PM <Miri> 2d6 fire
10:54:22 PM «TolBot» [Miri's 2d6(3) 'fire']: 3
10:54:26 PM <Terres> 1d10+2 blast
10:54:26 PM «TolBot» [Terres's 1d10(9)+2 'blast']: 11
10:54:42 PM <Kayalia> 3d6+4
10:54:43 PM «TolBot» [Kayalia's 3d6(14)+4]: 18
10:55:13 PM <Miri> (62 total?)
10:55:38 PM <DM_Tol> The sorceress flies to the ground as with a * *pop* the stream ceases.
10:56:43 PM * *Khophus waits for something else to happen…
10:56:47 PM <DM_Tol> On the far side of the room (???north??? turquise blue sq), you see something like a magic portal forming.
10:56:52 PM <DM_Tol> * *Flash*
10:56:55 PM * *Ash moves to Terres before the next fade back.
10:57:04 PM <DM_Tol> You are transported back to the tower room.
10:57:33 PM <DM_Tol> You hear the DemonLord on the platform cry out, ???NO!???
10:57:48 PM <DM_Tol> * * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close * *

campaigns/the_forth/session_26_-_2-25-2018_-_demons.txt · Last modified: 2018/02/26 09:34 by ryubasteon