Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/8/83f44a8ced3e0f2db8db7efc6928f389.metadata failed
Action disabled: source

campaigns:the_forth:session_20_-_1-8-2018_-_doors
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/8/83f44a8ced3e0f2db8db7efc6928f389.xhtml failed

Session Log for: 1/7/2018
8:05:51 PM <DM_Tol> Upon inspection, and procession, one blade sliced at Terres, while another shorter blade flew through the space like a projectile, piercing Khophus.
8:06:10 PM <DM_Tol> * * As this 20th session of Heroes of Azod begins * *
8:06:42 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 damage to Khopus (ignore the 7 damage at end of last session)
8:06:42 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(5) 'damage to Khopus (ignore the 7 damage at end of last session)']: 5
8:06:42 PM <TolBot> 1Hasta la vista.
8:06:44 PM * *Khophus pulls out the blade gingerly
8:07:56 PM <Khophus> “Still alive…that's good…still alive.”
8:08:05 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, the blade is light in your hand, and after a few seconds, crumbles into sand and falls away.
8:08:13 PM <Ryu> (Ok Logs up)
8:08:36 PM * *May edges around the room, back to the wall percieved as least likely to have an undiscovered trap, wide-eyed. “Less surprises would be good…, wouldn't want this to be my last performance.”
8:09:00 PM <Terres> (sorry guys , there is a couple of fire trucks here now. Not gonna mess around i am going out until they figure out whats going on)
8:09:11 PM <DM_Tol> The passage is dark, moving off ahead further than the light affords any of you to see.
8:09:22 PM <Miri> (tc sent)
8:09:32 PM <Ryu> (Base safe Sent)
8:09:38 PM <Terres> (cya all in a bit if this is a false alarm thing)
8:09:46 PM <DM_Tol> (be safe)
8:09:57 PM <DM_Tol> In contrast to the previous level, the floor and walls of the 10ft wide passage, are finely cut and smooth.
8:11:46 PM <Ash> “Yeah, I suspected traps.
8:12:20 PM <Miri> “so what now?”
8:12:46 PM <Ash> “We figure out how to bypass the traps and continue on.”
8:12:52 PM <Kayalia> “Is anyone here actually good at finding those sorts of things?”
8:13:00 PM <Dylan|> “Traps?”
8:13:07 PM <Khophus> “Anyone here can do that without getting stabbed?”
8:13:14 PM <Miri> “i stab things.”
8:13:33 PM <Dylan|> “No”
8:14:25 PM * *Khophus looks around
8:15:53 PM * *Kayalia sighs and looks around the room from her spot. “I'm all about finesse and all, but I'm not really familiar with traps and underground places like this.”
8:16:30 PM <Khophus> “Well, if I can some time to rest and recuperate, I might just try bullying through these things.”
8:17:10 PM <Ash> “Well on the first level, the mechanism to the trap was on the side on the exit side.
8:17:20 PM <Ash> “Anybody see anything on the other end of the hall?”
8:17:21 PM <Kayalia> (what sort of rolls for trap finding anyway? perception, investigation, ?)
8:17:21 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, the place on your shoulder where the flying blade stuck you is sore when you talk.
8:17:34 PM <DM_Tol> Terres plays with the missing lock of hair as well.
8:18:01 PM <Kayalia> (where did the blades come from? Do we know?)
8:18:05 PM <DM_Tol> (investigation)
8:18:17 PM * *Khophus winces and tries to move his head around a little.
8:18:22 PM <Kayalia> (yeahhhh my investigation is +0 lol)
8:18:37 PM <Khophus> (mine's a negative 1 – take a chance!)
8:18:44 PM * *Kayalia looks for a loose stone to toss down the corridor.
8:19:17 PM <DM_Tol> (So, the blade that Terres dodged kinda sliced into the hall from out of the wall. The short flying blad that hit you flew out of the wall from a different trajectory, like maybe 50ft ahead.)
8:19:30 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, you find a stone.
8:20:05 PM * *Ash takes a look around, cautiously.
8:20:06 PM * *Kayalia rolls the rock to see if it is pressure sensitivity on any of the flooring that triggers the blades.
8:20:18 PM <Ash> 1d20+2 investigate
8:20:19 PM <TolBot> 1[Ash's 1d20(13)+2 'investigate']: 15
8:20:59 PM <DM_Tol> (how far are you rolling the rock?)
8:22:03 PM <Kayalia> (like 5 ft maybe?)
8:22:32 PM <DM_Tol> Nothing happens.
8:22:57 PM * *Khophus starts to walk down the hall and stops.
8:23:07 PM <Khophus> “What is our course of action?”
8:23:17 PM * *Kayalia looks at the wall alongside them for holes that the blades would come out of.
8:24:24 PM <DM_Tol> (keep in mind the light situation, it is pitch black. With a torch you can barely see 40ft.)
8:24:47 PM <Miri> (my sword sheds bright light for 40 feet and dim light for another 40)
8:24:56 PM <Kayalia> “I'm thinking, test each floor tile, if its safe, step on it, one at a time? There might be a safe path amongst the floor tiles. Just a guess, since there would need to be some way to get through to the disarm switch if its by the exit.”
8:25:27 PM <DM_Tol> (I intended your sword was same as a torch? Did I give you 40+40?)
8:25:43 PM <Miri> (you did, i copied and pasted from what you gave me)
8:25:55 PM <DM_Tol> (my bad. sorry. Same as torch)
8:26:06 PM <DM_Tol> `item torch
8:26:38 PM <Miri> `item torch
8:27:33 PM * *Khophus shrugs his shoulders and sets his sword in his scabbard to rest his arm
8:29:55 PM * *Ash looks around to see if he can find anything that triggers the traps. (Invest. was 15)
8:30:32 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+0 investigate for holes on wall within the next 5' of her.
8:30:32 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(11)+0 'investigate for holes on wall within the next 5' of her.']: 11
8:33:31 PM * *Khophus will take a seat
8:33:32 PM <DM_Tol> You mostly see darkness ahead.
8:35:49 PM * *Miri will start making her way across.
8:37:41 PM <DM_Tol> (Those of you with darkvision, reminder, in total darkness, you can see 60ft as if dim light)
8:38:03 PM <DM_Tol> Miri, as you move 10ft or so, you hear whirling.
8:38:21 PM <Ash> “That sounds bad.”
8:38:31 PM <DM_Tol> A circular blade swings out as your calves.
8:38:42 PM <DM_Tol> (roll Dex save )
8:38:45 PM * *Khophus jumps to his feet.
8:38:53 PM <DM_Tol> (DC13)
8:39:11 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
8:39:11 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(3)-1 'vs dc13']: 2 (4Fail1)
8:39:24 PM * *Kayalia must not be able to make use of the light sources her allies have produced, so she abstains from searching for the way forward and awaits their attempts.
8:40:37 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6
8:40:37 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(3)]: 3
8:40:47 PM <DM_Tol> (oops)
8:40:54 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8 piercing damage to Miri
8:40:55 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(7) 'piercing damage to Miri']: 7
8:41:07 PM <DM_Tol> Another blade flies through the air, past Miri.
8:41:25 PM <DM_Tol> 2#1d6
8:41:25 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(6)]: 6
8:41:26 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(1)]: 1
8:41:45 PM * *Khophus sets his shield low and lumbers to grab Miri
8:41:48 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash and Khoph roll (Roll a Dex save DC13 )
8:42:13 PM <Khophus> 1d20+1 vs DC 13
8:42:13 PM <TolBot> 1[Khophus's 1d20(11)+1 'vs DC 13']: 12
8:42:22 PM <Ash> 1d20 vs dc 13
8:42:22 PM <Khophus> (Happy New Year, y'all!)
8:42:22 PM <TolBot> 1[Ash's 1d20(10) 'vs dc 13']: 10
8:42:29 PM <Ash> (Nooooooo!)
8:44:06 PM <Khophus> (so…my next character is going to be a tabaxi ranger…)
8:44:52 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6 damage
8:44:52 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(5) 'damage']: 5
8:45:21 PM <DM_Tol> The blade sticks Ash in the calf (5 damage. not you Khoph)
8:46:24 PM <Ash> “GAH, this sucks!”
8:46:30 PM * *Dylan| blinks
8:46:40 PM <Dylan|> “This doesn't seem to be working…”
8:46:46 PM <DM_Tol> Ash, as you pull the small flying dirk out, it diseintegrates into sand.
8:47:57 PM <Khophus> (brb)
8:47:58 PM * *Miri growls “well…we can't just stand here for eternity either. so what do you suggest?”
8:49:14 PM <Ash> “Somebody light on their feet and good at dodging run across and look for a way to turn these traps off?”
8:49:35 PM * *Kayalia lights her oil lamp and several candles. Then rolls lit candles down the hall to light as much of the path as possible. She sighs heavily. “Okay, I'll try tumbling through.”
8:51:00 PM <Miri> “i could run with you and try to give you some cover.”
8:52:36 PM <Kayalia> “That might help. I'll try some hand springs to minimize my touching of the floor and arc my jumps to try and go over the blades…” She pauses a moment. ”… I can't believe I am going to do this.”
8:52:55 PM <Khophus> “No, I'll run with you. Use me as cover.”
8:53:49 PM * *Dylan| rubs his chin
8:53:53 PM <Dylan|> “Ok”
8:54:00 PM * *Miri puts a hang on Khophus's shoulder “let me. Pretty sure it's what i'm built for.”
8:54:03 PM <Dylan|> “So you think I should just run across?”
8:54:17 PM <Dylan|> “Wait”
8:54:29 PM <Miri> (*hand)
8:54:42 PM <DM_Tol> (just checking, you only rolled a coule candles, like 7ft forward, right?)
8:54:47 PM <Dylan|> “I should heal one of you …”
8:55:13 PM <Kayalia> (Well, the shield bearer has a light source, right? So thayt's even better.)
8:55:14 PM <Dylan|> (miri has 14 dmg?)
8:55:17 PM <DM_Tol> (couple candles)
8:55:28 PM <Dylan|> 'spell healing word
8:55:29 PM <Miri> (7 damage and a light source)
8:55:33 PM <Khophus> (I'm down to 8 from 29)
8:55:47 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 Acrobatics for getting down the hall in a really nimble way.
8:55:47 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(8)+7 'Acrobatics for getting down the hall in a really nimble way.']: 15
8:55:48 PM <Dylan|> “I'll do it when we get across acutally”
8:56:23 PM * *Miri goes into a rage and starts running when kayalia begins her acrotaics act.
8:56:32 PM <Kayalia> (whoever is going with me need to roll something?)
8:57:08 PM <Miri> (can cover 60 feet if all i do is move, and there's nothing to roll unless osmething hits me)
8:57:27 PM <Khophus> “I–never mind.”
8:57:42 PM <Kayalia> (I assume I can move 30 feet as well, 60 with double move.)
8:57:53 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, so it is Kay and Miri moving forward?)
8:58:09 PM <Miri> (yes, she's doing acrobatics nd miri is just flat out running)
8:58:26 PM <Miri> (what's your race kay?)
8:58:36 PM <DM_Tol> You move 10ft or so and hear whirling and slicing blades at each of you.
8:59:15 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia avoids a sword that slices at her mid-section with her acrobatics.
8:59:26 PM <DM_Tol> (roll Dex save DC13 Miri)
8:59:26 PM * *Miri will take her hit and keep running.
8:59:34 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
8:59:35 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(7)-1 'vs dc13']: 6 (4Fail1)
8:59:39 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8
8:59:40 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(7)]: 7
8:59:44 PM <Miri> (3?)
8:59:53 PM * *Khophus starts forward, then stops. “Miri!”
8:59:59 PM <Miri> (or am i rolling up for half?)
9:00:20 PM <DM_Tol> Miri is sliced in her torso with a spherical blade that comes out and then recedes.
9:00:35 PM * *Dylan| moves up and follows the group
9:00:38 PM <DM_Tol> (7 slicing damage. pretty sure rounds up to 4)
9:00:42 PM * *Miri keeps moving, barely feeling the blade)
9:00:49 PM <Miri> (-) )
9:00:53 PM <DM_Tol> In addition, two daggers come flying.
9:00:55 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
9:00:56 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(1)]: 1
9:01:06 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
9:01:06 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(3)]: 3
9:01:29 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash and Dylan roll Dex DC13)
9:01:38 PM <Ash> 1d20
9:01:38 PM <TolBot> 1[Ash's 1d20(13)]: 13
9:02:20 PM * *Khophus keeps dancing back and forth – wanting to help, but not sure how to help.
9:02:44 PM <DM_Tol> ( Dylan| roll a Dex save DC13 )
9:03:16 PM <Ash> “Yikes, watch out!”
9:04:12 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20
9:04:12 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d20(15)]: 15
9:04:34 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan and Ash avoid blades that fly past them.
9:04:55 PM <DM_Tol> (Gonna keep going brute approach, Miri and Kayalia?)
9:04:59 PM * *Ash withdraws back to a safer distance.
9:05:26 PM <Miri> (yes)
9:06:00 PM <DM_Tol> As you move forward, a sword flies out at you from a new angle.
9:06:06 PM <Dylan|> (sorry got distracted by golden globes)
9:06:09 PM <DM_Tol> (Dex save DC13, Miri)
9:06:29 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
9:06:30 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(9)-1 'vs dc13']: 8 (4Fail1)
9:06:40 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8 piercing damage
9:06:40 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(5) 'piercing damage']: 5
9:06:49 PM <DM_Tol> (rounds up to 3)
9:06:54 PM <Miri> (k)
9:07:24 PM <DM_Tol> Miri dodges a blade that slices at her head, and takes some daamge on the shoulder.
9:07:36 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, you moving forward too?)
9:07:50 PM <Kayalia> (do I need to do another check? how far did we get?)
9:08:23 PM <DM_Tol> (you are doing a check about every 10ft)
9:08:31 PM <DM_Tol> (and that statement should sound ominous to you)
9:09:13 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, so far, you are 10ft, and you moving on?)
9:09:20 PM <DM_Tol> (Miri has already moved forward)
9:09:38 PM <Miri> (wb)
9:10:51 PM <DM_Tol> In addition to the blade from the wall that Miri triggered, a dirk comes flying in the hall.
9:10:57 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
9:10:57 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(3)]: 3
9:11:25 PM <Miri> (are you typoing disk? or is dirk an actual weapon?)
9:11:31 PM * *Dylan| looks at the ground where he stepped to see if there is any difference between where he is standing which set off the trap and what didn't
9:11:34 PM <DM_Tol> (Khophus make Dex save DC13)
9:11:54 PM <DM_Tol> (dirk = dagger = throwing blade)
9:11:57 PM <Kayalia> (well the whole point of the acrobatics was to avoid triggering the trap… not just dodging the blades… eh…)
9:12:02 PM <Miri> (ok)
9:12:07 PM <DM_Tol> (It didn???t work)
9:12:20 PM <Dylan|> (investigate roll?)
9:12:42 PM <Kayalia> (how long is it until the end of the hall?)
9:12:59 PM <DM_Tol> (Dylan, you were nearly hit by a flying short blade triggered by you think Miri up ahead of you)
9:13:09 PM <DM_Tol> (You can not see the end of the dark dark hall)
9:13:21 PM <DM_Tol> (another statement that should feel ominous to you)
9:13:54 PM <DM_Tol> (Khophus make Dex save DC13)
9:14:43 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20
9:14:43 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d20(11)]: 11
9:14:46 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6
9:14:46 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(4)]: 4
9:14:50 PM <Dylan|> (hmmm … i hear gun shots outside)
9:14:59 PM <Khophus> 1d20+1 vs DC 13
9:14:59 PM <TolBot> 1[Khophus's 1d20(18)+1 'vs DC 13']: 19
9:15:05 PM <Khophus> (better)
9:15:07 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, you are stuck with a flying blade on your shoulder.
9:15:15 PM <DM_Tol> (grrrr)
9:15:24 PM <Khophus> (huh? I made the save)
9:15:33 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, you dodge a flying blad that was hurling toward you head.
9:15:45 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, I need to hear from you your decision)
9:15:54 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+7 Acrobatics
9:15:55 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(7)+7 'Acrobatics']: 14
9:16:09 PM <DM_Tol> (that???s not an answer. the question was are you moving forward)
9:16:11 PM <Kayalia> (there I move forward with the check I made…)
9:16:21 PM <DM_Tol> (doesn???t workt hat way)
9:16:40 PM <Dylan|> “Is it just me, or all or the traps coming in at about shoulder height? Should we try crouching or crawling or something?”
9:16:41 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, roll at Dex save DC13)
9:17:02 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+3
9:17:02 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(15)+3]: 18
9:17:15 PM <Ash> “I was hit in the leg.”
9:17:22 PM * *Ash points at his leg.
9:17:23 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, a circular blade flies out of the wall at your legs as you dodge it.
9:17:26 PM <DM_Tol> 1d3
9:17:26 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d3(3)]: 3
9:17:36 PM * *Khophus barrels on ahead, since no one has said anything.
9:17:43 PM <DM_Tol> (Dylan, roll a save Dex DC13)
9:17:46 PM <Khophus> “I'M COMING!”
9:18:12 PM <DM_Tol> A dagger flies down the hall, toward your calves.
9:18:18 PM * *Kayalia lets out a soft sigh ad she dodges two blades in succession, making it about 20 feet down the hall.
9:19:03 PM <DM_Tol> ( Dylan| ?)
9:19:52 PM <Dylan|> 1d20
9:19:53 PM <TolBot> 1[Dylan|'s 1d20(2)]: 2
9:19:55 PM <Dylan|> (miss)
9:19:57 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6
9:19:58 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(3)]: 3
9:20:13 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan, the blade sticks in your calf.
9:20:13 PM * *Dylan| winces
9:20:19 PM <DM_Tol> (Khophus, are you starting to move ahead as well?)
9:20:45 PM <DM_Tol> Miri and Kayalia, you???ve made it about 20ft with no end in sight to the darkness of the tunnel.
9:20:45 PM * *Dylan| inspects the dart wound
9:20:55 PM <Dylan|> (can i tell which direction the dart came from?)
9:21:02 PM <Kayalia> (Are the others ahead or behind me?)
9:21:05 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan, you pull the dagger out, as it then it dissovles.
9:21:14 PM <DM_Tol> (it came from up ahead out of the darkness)
9:21:50 PM <DM_Tol> (You and Miri and about Miri moved forward and got hit in the shoulder, then you dodged a bladge at your calf, moving after her)
9:22:26 PM <Dylan|> “Does anyone have a shield?”
9:22:37 PM <Ash> “Yeah, right here.”
9:22:54 PM <Khophus> (yes)
9:22:59 PM <DM_Tol> (Miri and Kayalia, are you continuing on?)
9:22:59 PM <Dylan|> “If the darts are coming from ahead of us, why don't we walk single file?”
9:23:05 PM <Kayalia> (Are the others ahead or behind me?)
9:23:17 PM <Miri> (behind us)
9:23:19 PM <DM_Tol> (no one else has progressed into the tunnel, Kayalia.)
9:23:38 PM <DM_Tol> Khphus moves forward. A blade shoots out directly at his torso.
9:23:45 PM <DM_Tol> (Dex save DC13)
9:24:21 PM <Khophus> 1d20+1 vs DC 13
9:24:22 PM <TolBot> 1[Khophus's 1d20(15)+1 'vs DC 13']: 16
9:24:28 PM <Khophus> (Yes!)
9:24:34 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus dodges the blade.
9:24:36 PM <DM_Tol> 1d5
9:24:36 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d5(1)]: 1
9:24:44 PM * *Dylan| moves forward
9:24:47 PM <Khophus> “STAY DOWN!”
9:24:50 PM * *Kayalia breathes in deeply and makes another flip forward, landing on her hands and springing forward in another arc, to mitigate the amount of groudn touching she does as she crosses another 10 feet.
9:24:55 PM <DM_Tol> In addition, a flying blade soars past you.
9:25:01 PM <DM_Tol> (Ash, Dex save DC13)
9:26:15 PM <Ash> 1d20
9:26:15 PM <TolBot> 1[Ash's 1d20(8)]: 8
9:26:19 PM <DM_Tol> Ash, the dirk impales in your stomach.
9:26:22 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6
9:26:22 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(4)]: 4
9:26:24 PM <DM_Tol> (piercing)
9:26:48 PM <Ash> “GAH!”
9:26:48 PM <Kayalia> (why are you guys advancing and getting yourselves hurt when we're already doing it?)
9:26:53 PM * *Ash moves back even more.
9:27:03 PM <Ash> (I'm not advancing.)
9:27:14 PM <Khophus> (I did it orginally becaue I'm stupid.)
9:27:21 PM <Kayalia> (Now I am confused how he's getting attacked :( )
9:27:56 PM <Miri> (any movement sends out 3 weapons attacks, one at the person moviing and two in random directions)
9:28:17 PM <DM_Tol> (Ok, so, you can discern that as each of you moves, at some point a blade either slicing sword, circular spinning blade or punching sword comes out from random places at you??? in addition, a flying blade flies at you, with the potential of hitting someone behind you)
9:28:29 PM <DM_Tol> (just one of each, Miri)
9:28:54 PM <Miri> (all i said was that there were 3 attacks total)
9:29:28 PM <DM_Tol> (You said ???any movement sends out 3 weapons attacks??? That is incorrect. Each of your movmentes provokes two attacks)
9:30:01 PM <Miri> (then i'm confused cause i've been getting hit AND you've been having 2 people roll saves)
9:30:07 PM <Kayalia> (uhg well this is dumb..)
9:30:40 PM <Dylan|> “What happens if you move backwards?”
9:30:52 PM <Kayalia> (Am I supposed to roll acrobatics now? I was waiting for you to request it.)
9:30:56 PM <DM_Tol> (Miri, the only time that happened, was y???alls first move. that was one flying dagger cause of you, the other cause of Kay)
9:31:10 PM <Miri> (aah ok)
9:31:31 PM <Khophus> “I'M COMING! STAY LOW!”
9:31:46 PM * *Dylan| observes
9:31:57 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, you are caught up. Now again, I need to know if you???re still moving ahead. First Miri)
9:32:21 PM <Kayalia> [22:26] * * Kayalia breathes in deeply and makes another flip forward, landing on her hands and springing forward in another arc, to mitigate the amount of groudn touching she does as she crosses another 10 feet.
9:32:51 PM * *Miri stops moving. “Don't move khophus! We aren't to the other side yet!”
9:33:01 PM * *Ash withdraws to the stairs, because Khophus is charging forward like a boar.
9:33:27 PM * *Kayalia adjusts her tumbling to compensate for knowing that a blade will swing out, another will thrust out, and one will come flying from ahead.
9:33:52 PM <DM_Tol> Ash, it is not difficult to back up around the corner in front of the stairs to avoid being in range.
9:33:57 PM * *Khophus skids to a stop and drops to his knees, keeping his shield at the ready.
9:34:03 PM <Khophus> “ARE YOU SAFE?!”
9:34:15 PM <Kayalia> (nobody is safe… ;_;)
9:34:22 PM <DM_Tol> (Miri stands still. Kayalya your action? Khophus, they are just 10ft in front of you)
9:34:26 PM <Miri> “I'm fine, just stay out of the line of fire, and staying low won't help!”
9:34:34 PM <Kayalia> [22:33] Kayalia [22:26] * * Kayalia breathes in deeply and makes another flip forward, landing on her hands and springing forward in another arc, to mitigate the amount of groudn touching she does as she crosses another 10 feet.
9:34:38 PM <Ash> “I think so”
9:35:07 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia moves forward, tumbling wonderfully.
9:35:12 PM <DM_Tol> (make a Dex save DC13)
9:35:22 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+3
9:35:23 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(10)+3]: 13
9:35:31 PM <DM_Tol> A sword comes slicing at her from the walls.
9:35:53 PM <Khophus> “STAY HIGH!”
9:36:00 PM <DM_Tol> She avoids the sword that swiped at her head.
9:36:03 PM <DM_Tol> 1d5
9:36:04 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d5(3)]: 3
9:36:26 PM <DM_Tol> A dagger flying also comes at her (Save plz)
9:36:32 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+3
9:36:33 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(15)+3]: 18
9:36:58 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia dodges the dagger which disitegrates as it hits the wall.
9:37:08 PM <DM_Tol> as it soars past her ear.
9:37:23 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, Khophus, are you still moving forward?)
9:37:56 PM * *Kayalia breathes out heavily. “How much farther is this tunnel, I wonder? My luck's bound to wear out eventually, and it's not going to be pretty.”
9:38:26 PM <DM_Tol> You see nothing but darkness ahead.
9:38:36 PM <Dylan|> “How long is this hallway?”
9:38:46 PM * *Miri “no idea!” will go into a rage (my last for the day) and then start running foward again.
9:38:56 PM <DM_Tol> (you already are in rage)
9:39:25 PM <Miri> (i figured i lost it when i stoped to talk to khopus and didn't get hit that 'round', but ok)
9:39:47 PM <Dylan|> (what is the command for spell info?)
9:39:47 PM <DM_Tol> (hmm is it just one round without attacking or taking damage?)
9:39:56 PM <DM_Tol> `spell light
9:39:59 PM <Dylan|> `spell healing word
9:40:14 PM <DM_Tol> (i know, a cryptic command)
9:40:23 PM <Miri> `rage
9:40:24 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, Khophus, are you still moving forward?)
9:40:32 PM <Miri> (let me look it up)
9:40:36 PM * *Kayalia squints ahead. “I don't see the end in the next 40 feet or so… this is one long hall.”
9:40:37 PM <DM_Tol> (or anyone else other than Miri or Kayalia?)
9:40:59 PM <Dylan|> (is miri within 60 feet of me?)
9:41:01 PM <Ash> (I'm not moving forward)
9:41:16 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, dylan)
9:41:38 PM <Khophus> (Me? Nope, told to stay put in the hallway)
9:41:38 PM <Dylan|> (looking for my spell casting mod)
9:42:40 PM <Dylan|> 3d4+4
9:42:40 PM <TolBot> 1[Dylan|'s 3d4(6)+4]: 10
9:42:54 PM * *Dylan| casts healing word on Miri
9:43:04 PM <Khophus> (brb)
9:43:38 PM <DM_Tol> (ok, Miri, staying put?)
9:44:21 PM <Miri> (no, would have started moving again after telling khophus to not move)
9:44:33 PM * *Kayalia evaluates the situation to see if she can think of a better way to tackle this challenge.
9:45:01 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+2 Insight or Perception, something WIS based.
9:45:02 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(7)+2 'Insight or Perception, something WIS based.']: 9
9:45:13 PM <Kayalia> (nupe.)
9:45:57 PM <Miri> (and i would have gone into my last rage)
9:46:18 PM <DM_Tol> Miri moves up to where Kayalia is. A blade swipes at her feet.
9:46:20 PM <DM_Tol> (save)
9:46:31 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
9:46:31 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(9)-1 'vs dc13']: 8 (4Fail1)
9:46:40 PM <Kayalia> (also, oh snap, I forgot my dex saves are +5 not +3)
9:46:44 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8 slicing
9:46:44 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(2) 'slicing']: 2
9:46:48 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
9:46:48 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(1)]: 1
9:47:06 PM <DM_Tol> Miri also senses a dirk flying at her. (save)
9:47:27 PM <Miri> (did i get 10 hp back from dylan?)
9:47:36 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
9:47:37 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(5)-1 'vs dc13']: 4 (4Fail1)
9:47:37 PM <DM_Tol> (yes, i think so)
9:47:43 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6
9:47:43 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(6)]: 6
9:48:02 PM <DM_Tol> A blade pierces your calf.
9:48:09 PM <DM_Tol> (Kayalia, continuing on?)
9:48:51 PM <Kayalia> (Well I am feeling like we're being punished for doing so, so I stopped to fish for hints and failed, now I am not sure what to do).
9:50:58 PM <DM_Tol> (well, it???s your decision. Yes, it is a blade trap, so it is designed to punsh figures for moving into it)
9:52:08 PM <DM_Tol> ( soooo, action?)
9:52:10 PM <Kayalia> (There has to be a way to avoid a trap, out-think, out-perform it, etc, not just a fifty round attrition endurance grind)
9:52:47 PM <DM_Tol> (*applauds Kayalia*)
9:54:05 PM <DM_Tol> Miri pulls a blade from her calf as it disintegrates, as Kayalia considers wheterh to move on.
9:54:23 PM <DM_Tol> ( soooo? )
9:54:31 PM * *Miri just keeps moving.
9:54:33 PM * *Ash looks around around the stairs for something we may have missed.“
9:54:37 PM <Kayalia> “Should we continue? There's no end in sight and we don't seem to be able to avoid triggering the trap.”
9:54:53 PM <DM_Tol> Ash, by the stairs, you see the mark on the wall ??? | | | ???
9:55:25 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia ponders as Miri moves forward.
9:55:52 PM <DM_Tol> Miri, a blade thrusts out from the wall at your abdomen. (save)
9:56:04 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
9:56:04 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(3)-1 'vs dc13']: 2 (4Fail1)
9:56:10 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8 piercing
9:56:10 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(7) 'piercing']: 7
9:56:13 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
9:56:13 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(3)]: 3
9:56:41 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, a dagger shoots past Miri and at you. (save)
9:56:47 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5
9:56:48 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(9)+5]: 14
9:57:14 PM <DM_Tol> It grazes your stomach and shatters into the wall.
9:57:20 PM * *Kayalia tries to hop on to the same floor tile as Miri is currently activating already.
9:58:42 PM <DM_Tol> (I think y???al are both 30ft in now, right?)
9:59:01 PM <Kayalia> (I was thinking we just moved to 40.)
9:59:51 PM <DM_Tol> (that???s right, 40, so are you now at 40, Miri?)
9:59:58 PM <Miri> (yes)
10:00:10 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia hops to her side hugging Miri. Nothing happens.
10:00:18 PM <Kayalia> “Wait.”
10:00:33 PM * *Khophus peers up slightly over the lip of his shield.
10:00:39 PM <Kayalia> “This probably won't do anything, but I guess I'll try, for the heck of it.”
10:01:05 PM <Dylan|> (sec)
10:01:45 PM * *Kayalia extends her war fan blade and activates the spell it is enchanted with. With a flick of her wrist she hurls a gale of wind down the hall a distance of 20 feet.
10:02:11 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia blows wind into the tunnel. Nothng ahppens.
10:02:18 PM * *Miri growls “i can't stop now.” and will keep moving.
10:02:22 PM <DM_Tol> (miri, staying put, or moving/)
10:02:28 PM <Miri> (moving)
10:02:28 PM <Kayalia> “Well, it was worth a try to see if it'd activate anything.”
10:02:55 PM * *Kayalia prepares to hop behind Miri onto whatever tile she lands on.
10:03:00 PM <DM_Tol> Miri, an anvil-like blade swingsa t your head. (save)
10:03:12 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:03:13 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(14)-1 'vs dc13']: 13 (12Success1)
10:03:23 PM <Miri> (mother fucker)
10:03:24 PM <DM_Tol> Miri dodges the blade.
10:03:35 PM <Miri> (sorry, launguage)
10:03:44 PM <DM_Tol> 1d5
10:03:44 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d5(1)]: 1
10:04:12 PM * *Kayalia hops onto Miri's floor tile, just behind her.
10:04:19 PM <DM_Tol> A dirk goes flying past you and soars towards Dylan. (save, Dylan| )
10:04:22 PM <Miri> (miri is like the only person that hopes to get hit lol)
10:04:43 PM <Dylan|> (dex v dc13?)
10:05:02 PM <DM_Tol> (yes)
10:05:03 PM <Dylan|> 1d20+2
10:05:03 PM <TolBot> 1[Dylan|'s 1d20(8)+2]: 10
10:05:08 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6
10:05:09 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(4)]: 4
10:05:34 PM <DM_Tol> Dylan is cut in the neck with a flying blade.
10:05:43 PM <Ash> “Hey, back here where the traps won't hit you.”
10:05:47 PM * *Ash calls to Dylan
10:05:59 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia advances and a blade comes out at her legs.
10:06:04 PM <DM_Tol> (Save plz Kay)
10:06:15 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:06:15 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(16)+5 'vs dc13']: 21 (12Success1)
10:06:33 PM <DM_Tol> Kayala hops over the blade with her tumbleness.
10:06:36 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
10:06:37 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(1)]: 1
10:06:50 PM <DM_Tol> A flying dagger also sails at her.
10:06:53 PM <DM_Tol> (roll another save)
10:07:10 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:07:10 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(10)+5 'vs dc13']: 15 (12Success1)
10:07:27 PM <DM_Tol> The dagger flies between her knees.
10:07:48 PM <DM_Tol> (action anyone else?)
10:08:08 PM * *Kayalia is frail but nimble. She hopes not to get hit, but wonders how effective it really was for Miri to come as well, since she hasn't proven to be able to shield Kayalia from the darts.
10:08:12 PM <Miri> (miri is just going to keep going)
10:08:44 PM <Miri> (and will use her last rage)
10:08:46 PM * *Dylan| wonders why he didn't go first as he could probably take the most damage
10:09:03 PM <Miri> (what's your hp total dylan?)
10:09:16 PM <Dylan|> (28)
10:09:35 PM <Dylan|> (but i can also LoH myself…)
10:09:41 PM <Kayalia> (we're 50 ft in and Miri's light source can see 40 ft forward and we still don't see the exit?)
10:09:46 PM <DM_Tol> Miri advances as eventually, and expectedly a blade slices at her mid-section from the wall.
10:09:54 PM <DM_Tol> (correct, Kayalia)
10:10:10 PM <DM_Tol> (save)
10:10:11 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:10:12 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(16)-1 'vs dc13']: 15 (12Success1)
10:10:21 PM <Miri> (really?!)
10:10:25 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
10:10:26 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(3)]: 3
10:10:28 PM * *Kayalia hops onto the same tile Miri is in the process of weighing down, just after the trap springs.
10:10:53 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, a dagger flies at your torso (save)
10:10:59 PM <Dylan|> (25.. double checked)
10:11:04 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:11:04 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(17)+5 'vs dc13']: 22 (12Success1)
10:11:46 PM <Miri> (dang it, next time someone takes a dagger try to keep it in and see if it helps any)
10:11:52 PM <DM_Tol> Miri and Kayalia both dodge the wall blade and the flying blade as Kayalia then also advances
10:12:23 PM <Kayalia> (60 ft in now? Still no end within 40 ft? o_O)
10:12:29 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, a circular blade flies at your head. (save)
10:12:38 PM <Kayalia> ._.
10:12:45 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:12:45 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(17)+5 'vs dc13']: 22 (12Success1)
10:12:58 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
10:12:58 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(1)]: 1
10:13:13 PM <DM_Tol> Miri, a flying dagger comes at your head. (save)
10:13:21 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:13:22 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(15)-1 'vs dc13']: 14 (12Success1)
10:13:46 PM <DM_Tol> You both dodge.
10:14:00 PM <Miri> (dang it…i wanted to know what keeping the dagger in would do)
10:14:29 PM <Ash> (hurt)
10:14:38 PM <DM_Tol> (for at least one of you, I can say it still dissolved before extracting it)
10:14:45 PM <DM_Tol> (hehe)
10:14:54 PM <Miri> (well shoot…ok)
10:15:06 PM <Miri> (just find it suspicious they keep disolving)
10:15:47 PM <Miri> (what did ash do with finding the three lines on the wall?)
10:15:52 PM <Khophus> (shoddy worksmanship)
10:16:27 PM <Ash> (Ash tried searching the area, and only found the “floor marker”)
10:16:27 PM * *Khophus looks behind him, then ahead. He doesn't hear any screaming…is it safe?
10:16:42 PM <Miri> (aah ok)
10:16:48 PM <Kayalia> (What were the meanings of the marks for the first two rooms? and wasn't there some sort of riddle/inscription you guys also read prior to me joining the game?)
10:18:06 PM <DM_Tol> (well, the first level had ??? | ???. the second level had ??? | | ??????(
10:18:08 PM <DM_Tol> )
10:18:18 PM <DM_Tol> (continuing on, Miri?)
10:18:24 PM <Kayalia> (That may as well be 1, 2 , 3 at this point without context)
10:18:43 PM <Miri> (yep, tho my last rage is gone now.)
10:20:29 PM <Kayalia> “This doesn't sit right with me, Miri. This trap and this hall aren't making a lot of sense.”
10:20:40 PM <DM_Tol> Miri moves forward. A long blade slashes at her legs (save)
10:20:51 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:20:52 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(5)-1 'vs dc13']: 4 (4Fail1)
10:21:02 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8 slicing
10:21:02 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(2) 'slicing']: 2
10:21:11 PM <DM_Tol> Miri takes a cut on her kneecap.
10:21:11 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
10:21:12 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(4)]: 4
10:21:15 PM * *Kayalia looks along the dimly lit wall between her and Miri for anything to grab onto, like rafters, sconces, etc.
10:21:26 PM <DM_Tol> A flying blade soars past her and at Khophus. (save)
10:22:03 PM * *Kayalia winces as she hears another blade soar past. “The darts seem to be coming from the far walll, and they'
10:22:18 PM <Miri> (so rage still on… yay!)
10:22:27 PM <Kayalia> re traveling over 100 feet, since this weird hall seems to be longer than 100 ft…”
10:22:34 PM <Khophus> 1d20+1 vs DC 13
10:22:34 PM <TolBot> 1[Khophus's 1d20(8)+1 'vs DC 13']: 9
10:22:41 PM <Khophus> (bah)
10:23:18 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+2 Perception for things to swing from?
10:23:18 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(12)+2 'Perception for things to swing from?']: 14
10:23:24 PM <DM_Tol> (From the trajectories, you are certain at least some of them come from the side walls up ahead)
10:23:36 PM <Khophus> (brb)
10:23:58 PM <DM_Tol> The walls and ceiling are smoooooth.
10:24:09 PM <DM_Tol> (moving forward, Kayalia?)
10:24:10 PM <Kayalia> ._.
10:24:18 PM <Miri> (care to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?)
10:24:46 PM * *Kayalia jumps forward again, using Miri as a body shield.
10:25:11 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia, you move ahead as a blade flies out.
10:25:24 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:25:25 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(10)+5 'vs dc13']: 15 (12Success1)
10:25:29 PM <Khophus> (You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, would you?)
10:25:43 PM <DM_Tol> The sword like blade thrusts at your torso, but you move aside.
10:25:44 PM <Miri> (no, i'd hit him with a rock :P)
10:25:48 PM <DM_Tol> 1d4
10:25:49 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d4(4)]: 4
10:26:05 PM <DM_Tol> A flying dagger flies past and at Khophus.
10:26:11 PM <DM_Tol> (save, Khophus)
10:26:50 PM <DM_Tol> 1d20 dc13
10:26:50 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d20(19) 'dc13']: 19 (12Success1)
10:26:54 PM <Khophus> 1d20+1 vs DC 13
10:26:54 PM <TolBot> 1[Khophus's 1d20(17)+1 'vs DC 13']: 18
10:27:00 PM <Khophus> (ok)
10:27:01 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus dodges the blade which smashes the wall.
10:27:06 PM <DM_Tol> (actions from any others?)
10:27:38 PM <Ash> (Staying put)
10:27:41 PM <DM_Tol> Khophus, you can feel the wind on the hair on your arms where the blade flew by your midsection.
10:27:45 PM <DM_Tol> (miri?)
10:27:46 PM <Ash> (Since search was fruitless)
10:27:58 PM * *Khophus looks in the direction of the wind.
10:27:59 PM * *Miri keeps moving.
10:28:13 PM <Kayalia> (We're 70 in or 80? And we dont see the end within 40?)
10:28:18 PM <Miri> (rage walking! lmao)
10:28:29 PM <DM_Tol> A blade swings at your neck, Miri. (save)
10:28:29 PM <Miri> (just getting to 80 i think)
10:28:36 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:28:37 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(19)-1 'vs dc13']: 18 (12Success1)
10:29:04 PM <DM_Tol> (plz consider it faster than a walk, dodging makes it difficult terrain, it just takes time cause have to resolve a strike every 10ft)
10:29:18 PM <DM_Tol> 1d3
10:29:19 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d3(1)]: 1
10:29:33 PM <Miri> (ok, rage running! (which to my mind is the only way to run))
10:29:38 PM <DM_Tol> Miri dodges the wall blade as a knife soars at her head.. (save)
10:29:47 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:29:48 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(10)-1 'vs dc13']: 9 (4Fail1)
10:29:54 PM <DM_Tol> 1d6
10:29:55 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d6(5)]: 5
10:30:10 PM <DM_Tol> The knife cuts the back of your head as you turn.
10:30:22 PM <DM_Tol> (moving Kayalia or waiting?)
10:30:38 PM <Kayalia> (ahead I guess)
10:30:49 PM <Miri> (didn't you wait to catch up to me the first time when nothing happened?)
10:30:58 PM * *Kayalia runs behind Miri using her as a body shield to the darts still.
10:31:39 PM <Kayalia> (Only once did nothing happen, and when I did the same thing the next time it attacked me…)
10:31:52 PM <Miri> (right, ok)
10:31:54 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia moves ahead. A blade from the wall swipes at her feet.
10:31:57 PM <DM_Tol> (save)
10:33:52 PM <DM_Tol> (Kay??? save)
10:33:58 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:33:59 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(13)+5 'vs dc13']: 18 (12Success1)
10:34:04 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia dodges.
10:34:06 PM <DM_Tol> 1d3
10:34:06 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d3(3)]: 3
10:34:16 PM <DM_Tol> A flying dagger soars past her and smashes on the wall.
10:34:24 PM <DM_Tol> Miri advances
10:34:38 PM <DM_Tol> (roll 2 saves Miri)
10:34:47 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:34:47 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(7)-1 'vs dc13']: 6 (4Fail1)
10:34:47 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:34:48 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(2)-1 'vs dc13']: 1 (4Fail1)
10:34:53 PM <Kayalia> >.<
10:35:31 PM <DM_Tol> Miri moves ahead. A blade thrusts at her midsection.
10:35:36 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8
10:35:36 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(6)]: 6
10:35:40 PM <DM_Tol> 1d3
10:35:40 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d3(3)]: 3
10:35:55 PM <DM_Tol> A flying knife misses her and smashes against the wall.
10:36:21 PM <DM_Tol> She moves furhter and an anvil blade swipes down at her head and connects with her shoulder.
10:36:24 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8
10:36:24 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(7)]: 7
10:36:29 PM <DM_Tol> 1d3
10:36:30 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d3(3)]: 3
10:36:44 PM <DM_Tol> The flying dagger soards past her ear and hits the wall shattering.
10:36:53 PM <DM_Tol> Miri moves ahead again and nothing happens.
10:37:02 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia advances (roll 2 saves)
10:37:08 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:37:09 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(13)+5 'vs dc13']: 18 (12Success1)
10:37:10 PM <Kayalia> 1d20+5 vs dc13
10:37:10 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(7)+5 'vs dc13']: 12 (4Fail1)
10:37:26 PM <DM_Tol> A blade swipes at her legs and she hops over.
10:37:27 PM <DM_Tol> 1d3
10:37:28 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d3(1)]: 1
10:37:51 PM <DM_Tol> A low flying dagger comes in Miri???s direction. (save Miri)
10:37:55 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:37:56 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(14)-1 'vs dc13']: 13 (12Success1)
10:38:23 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia moves forward again and a circular blade from the wall grazes her midsection as blood pours from her stomach.
10:38:25 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8
10:38:25 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(3)]: 3
10:38:29 PM <DM_Tol> 1d3
10:38:29 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d3(3)]: 3
10:38:44 PM <DM_Tol> A flying blade smashes agaist the wall flying by her side.
10:39:07 PM <Kayalia> (how much damage did I take from that failed save…?)
10:39:08 PM <DM_Tol> Kayalia moves forward again and nothing happens. (none of you in the back see this, of course)
10:39:13 PM <Miri> (3)
10:39:13 PM <DM_Tol> (3hps)
10:39:34 PM <DM_Tol> (you were the luckiest roller I???ve ever seen tonight)
10:39:53 PM <Miri> (can i turn around and yell that we made it across?)
10:39:57 PM <DM_Tol> (yes)
10:40:09 PM <DM_Tol> (you are a little over 100ft from the others)
10:40:26 PM * *Miri yells as loud as she can “we made it across, hold tight.”
10:40:28 PM <Ash> “Look for a switch or mechanism to turn those traps off.”
10:40:44 PM <DM_Tol> (i???m rolling that)
10:40:59 PM * *Miri will drop her rage, and then start looking for a way to disarm the death trap.
10:41:07 PM <DM_Tol> After 10 minutes of searching around, you find not trap. No mechanism.
10:41:10 PM <Kayalia> (I don't think I waqs lucky, I have a +5 on a DC 13 thing, I should be doing well against it… failing is bad luck)
10:42:14 PM <Kayalia> (how far away from tbhe end am I? do I need to do more saves?)
10:42:18 PM * *Miri will look to kayalia “stay here, i want to try something. don't move.” and then miri will step backwards to the place she last triggered something.
10:42:37 PM <DM_Tol> Nothing happens
10:43:01 PM <DM_Tol> `stat Kayalia
10:43:05 PM <DM_Tol> `log Kayalia
10:43:06 PM <TolBot> 1Kayalia's last 33 d20 rolls have averaged 10.73.
10:43:17 PM * *Miri will move backwards once more and then step foward and see what happens.
10:43:33 PM <Kayalia> (isn't 10-11 average on 1d20?)
10:43:45 PM <DM_Tol> Miri, as you move forward, a blade comes at your head.
10:43:45 PM <Miri> (yes, but we all swear tolbot hates us)
10:43:46 PM <DM_Tol> (save)
10:43:47 PM <Kayalia> (looks like I've had average rolling xP)
10:43:48 PM <Ash> (Yes. 10.5 is average)
10:43:56 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:43:57 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(12)-1 'vs dc13']: 11 (4Fail1)
10:44:16 PM <DM_Tol> 1d8 damage
10:44:16 PM <TolBot> 1[DM_Tol's 1d8(3) 'damage']: 3
10:44:40 PM <Kayalia> “So…. backtracking isn't dangerous, but advancing is?”
10:44:42 PM <DM_Tol> A flying dagger from the side of the wall comes at your neck.
10:44:44 PM * *Miri moves back to where it was safe. “well that didn't work.”
10:44:44 PM <DM_Tol> (save)
10:44:49 PM <Miri> 1d20-1 vs dc13
10:44:49 PM <TolBot> 1[Miri's 1d20(18)-1 'vs dc13']: 17 (12Success1)
10:45:03 PM <DM_Tol> Miri hustles past the knife which disintegrates on the wall.
10:45:17 PM * *Kayalia carefully advances to the end where the door is.
10:45:27 PM <Miri> “and apperantly. which, if i could act as a shield i'd go back and get them all, but i can't.”
10:45:32 PM <DM_Tol> You move the 20ft to the door.
10:45:49 PM <DM_Tol> (that???s not how it works, sorry)
10:46:31 PM * *Miri will look closer at the door. “there is a slot here on the door, and slots above the door.” she points them out to kay.
10:46:48 PM <Miri> (how did we get the door to work last time? does anyone remember?)
10:46:50 PM <DM_Tol> (a mark/symbol above the door. not a slot)
10:46:56 PM <Miri> (oo hsorry)
10:47:57 PM * *Kayalia looks for a mechanism that Miri couldn't find.
10:48:23 PM * *Miri tries to remember how they got the door to work last time.
10:48:26 PM <Khophus> “WHAT SHOULD I DO?!”
10:48:42 PM <Kayalia> 1d20 Investigation
10:48:43 PM <TolBot> 1[Kayalia's 1d20(16) 'Investigation']: 16
10:48:47 PM * *Miri yells back “stay still! we are trying to figure out how to open the door!”
10:48:54 PM <Ash> “Sure thing.”
10:49:32 PM <DM_Tol> You do not find anything else.
10:50:03 PM * *Kayalia checks out the door to see how it is intended to be opened.
10:50:38 PM <Miri> “does anyone have a key? there's a hole on the door! I forgot how we opened the door last time! it's got a mark on it like the one we saw two levels up! anyone remember?!”
10:51:08 PM <DM_Tol> * * And while two made it through dexterity or meatshieldery, with the mystery of how to avoid the hall of blades unsolved, this session comes to a close * *

campaigns/the_forth/session_20_-_1-8-2018_-_doors.txt · Last modified: 2018/01/08 09:46 (external edit)