Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/670691126345910e688b8ff853fe3c01.metadata failed

campaigns:the_forth:session_16_-_11-26-2017_-_newcomers
Writing /home/grovewoodsaga/public_html/data/cache/6/670691126345910e688b8ff853fe3c01.xhtml failed

[19:38] <DM_Tol> The three of you each in turn are following this glowing hovering ball of illumination, some thirty minutes from the outskirts of Azod.
[19:38] <MayMagic> Say some undeserving person was getting their house stolen from them by someone (govt.? noble? city land owner?) and the elderly person turned to someone who they thought would help them financially, but it was a crooked loan shark and now they're going to kill them if they don't pay, and the person wants their child saved or something.
[19:39] <DM_Tol> You start to see the other two also following and being led, and you surmise they are having the same experience.
[19:39] <DM_Tol> (great)
[19:39] * Zionia is now known as Zahira
[19:39] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as Khophus
[19:40] <DM_Tol> The three of you converge on a space as the glowing balls disappear inside of what you now can see to be some kind of nearly invisible dome.
[19:40] * ^ThEeYe^ is now known as Terres
[19:40] <DM_Tol> You decide to press through the dome and the force field surrounds you, tingling feelings all over.
[19:41] <DM_Tol> On the inside, you see a large space, much larger on the inside than would fit inside the dome as seen from the outside.
[19:41] * MayMagic is now known as Kayalia
[19:41] <DM_Tol> It has shelves, and crates and throw rugs on the dirt floor. Beside a large block of wood towards one side is a female figure, stoic and illuminated.
[19:42] <DM_Tol> She introduces herself as Neoma, and thanks you for responding to the call.
[19:42] * Zahira (webchat_319@sorcery-br7nh9.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: SorceryNet Kiwi WebChat)
[19:42] <DM_Tol> She explains that she has observed noble and goodly qualities in you, and is asking for your choice, to join in trying to save the land from an abominable threat.
[19:42] * Zephania (Zephania@sorcery-9ml9ki.t9a3.9nm8.05c8.2601.IP) has joined #grovewood
[19:43] * Zephania is now known as Zephyra
[19:43] <Zephyra> <gah…wrong button>
[19:43] <DM_Tol> Some Demon Lord has invaded south Können, and the land is souring as they prepare their onslaught.
[19:43] <DM_Tol> You have in fact heard rumors of disappearing farm animals, dying crops, and even missing persons.
[19:43] <DM_Tol> She explains that she has observed noble and goodly qualities in you, and is asking for your choice, to join in trying to save the land from an abominable threat.
[19:44] * Kayalia gingerly stepped over the terrain just outside town, following a trickling glimmer of light as it eased its way into the clearing. In her peripheral vision, she noted other figures seemingly following the same course. “What is all of this…?” she quietly asked under her breath, before approaching the dome structure.
[19:44] <DM_Tol> You can now choose to accept to join others in the quest to stop this force.
[19:44] * Terres steps forward and asks “what can i do?”
[19:44] <DM_Tol> If you choose to, it will forever change your life.
[19:45] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks at you each in turn, “Are you willing to give up the life you have know, as it is now, to join?“
[19:45] <Terres> “I am willing!”
[19:45] <DM_Tol> She nods at Terres.
[19:46] <Terres> ( are we still light orbs or did we turn back)
[19:46] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks at Kayalia and Zephyra “You may return to Azod if you prefer, and we shall not meet again.”
[19:46] <DM_Tol> (you followed the light orbs, you did not become them)
[19:46] * Kayalia looked about the interior of the structure, then observed as the others who entered just after her approached the etheral figure. She soon joined them. “This… seriously? This place is unbelievavle… and, demons?”
[19:46] * Zephyra would ponder for a moment. This was all strange…she had others she was trying to save already, but if this was to save them as well, she would offer. “Aye, I will will gladly step forward…I could use a change of pace…“
[19:47] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Kayalia, yes, grave this all is.”
[19:47] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods at Zephyra smiling.
[19:47] <Kayalia> “Should I accept, will I be able to see my family again?” (she is of course referring to her adoptive family).
[19:48] <DM_Tol> Neoma glances at Kayalia once more, waiting for her response.
[19:49] <Kayalia> “Right, then - I suppose it doesn't matter. I cannot very well leave my homeland to be laid ruin, can I? I'm in if you'll still have me.”
[19:49] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I have accrued enough resource and strength to perform an empowerment ritual. You can sustain the ritual because of the goodness in your soul… but I can not determine the result. Rather the power within you will take flight.”
[19:50] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods at each of you, “The time is ready, then. Sit.”
[19:50] <DM_Tol> Neoma motions at three spaces on the ground around the center wood block.
[19:51] * Kayalia draws in her lower lip nervously, then letting out a neverous sigh and taking a seat beside the wooden block.
[19:51] * Terres sits
[19:51] <DM_Tol> As you each are seated, she lights some incense and begins to perform a ritual.
[19:51] <DM_Tol> Quickly, you lose conciousness.
[19:52] <DM_Tol> * pause in action *
[19:52] <DM_Tol> ok, you will now be out for 10 hours, and leveled up to our current level.
[19:52] <DM_Tol> So, you need to roll for your class.
[19:53] <Terres> (ok)
[19:53] <DM_Tol> one at a time…
[19:53] <DM_Tol> who wants to go first
[19:53] <Zephyra> <ill go, what do i need to roll?>
[19:54] <DM_Tol> ok, Zephy, roll: 1d7
[19:54] <DM_Tol> 1 Bard
[19:54] <DM_Tol> 2 Druid
[19:54] <DM_Tol> 3 Monk
[19:54] <DM_Tol> 4 Ranger
[19:54] <DM_Tol> 5 Rogue
[19:54] <DM_Tol> 6 Warlock
[19:54] <DM_Tol> 7 Wizard
[19:54] <Zephyra> -roll 1d7
[19:54] <DM_Tol> (no -)
[19:54] * Zephyra humps the bot for luck
[19:54] <Zephyra> roll 1d7
[19:54] <Kayalia> +_+
[19:54] <DM_Tol> (my bot works with just the roll. type: 1d7)
[19:55] <Kayalia> 1d7 class
[19:55] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d7(5) 'class']: 5
[19:55] <Kayalia> like so
[19:55] <Zephyra> ahh
[19:55] <Zephyra> 1d7
[19:55] <TolBot> Zephyra's 1d7(3)]: 3
[19:56] <DM_Tol> You are a monk. Zephyra you are a rogue
[19:56] <Terres> 1d7
[19:56] <TolBot> Terres's 1d7(6)]: 6
[19:56] <Terres> (talk about outside my wheelhouse)
[19:56] <DM_Tol> 1 Bard
[19:56] <DM_Tol> 2 Druid
[19:56] <DM_Tol> 3 Ranger
[19:56] <DM_Tol> 4 Warlock
[19:56] <DM_Tol> 5 Wizard
[19:56] <DM_Tol> roll 1d5
[19:56] <DM_Tol> oh, nevermond
[19:56] <Kayalia> I rolled rogue
[19:56] <DM_Tol> Warlock you are
[19:57] <DM_Tol> ok
[19:57] <DM_Tol> everybody clear?
[19:57] <Kayalia> I got rogue, zeph got monk, terres got warlock
[19:57] <DM_Tol> yeppers
[19:57] <Zephyra> gottcha
[19:57] <DM_Tol> so finish out your char
[19:57] <Kayalia> lvl 1 right?
[19:58] <Miri> are they not gonna go up to three with us?
[19:58] <DM_Tol> so, old players, how we’re gonna play this is:
[19:59] <DM_Tol> we’re gonna pretend last time you saw Neoma, y’all discussed that now that your scouting part of the mission was over, now that you know what needs to be done, you think you may need more help.
[19:59] <Miri> ok
[19:59] <DM_Tol> Neoma said she would see to it, that she had not stopped observing the citizens of Azod
[20:00] <Khophus> (works for me)
[20:00] <Miri> (so six of us can be stuck for want of a ladder, sweet)
[20:00] <DM_Tol> and, now that you are leaving the tunnels under the castle to gather supplies, you’re gonna go ahead and return all the way back to Neoma’s hut
[20:00] <DM_Tol> and meet up
[20:01] <DM_Tol> y’all are level 3 now?
[20:01] <Miri> yes
[20:01] <DM_Tol> So, new recruits, you need to level up your chars to level 3
[20:01] <DM_Tol> need = get to
[20:01] <Ash> (That works)
[20:02] <Kayalia> do we only do the random class for lvl 1 then whatacer we want after?
[20:02] <Khophus> (brb)
[20:04] <Zephyra> <kk>
[20:04] <Kayalia> how do you do hit points?
[20:05] <Miri> roll your hit die plus your ….something bonus (i forget which stat
[20:05] <DM_Tol> first level max
[20:05] <Miri> is it con mod?
[20:05] <DM_Tol> then for the second two can roll right now
[20:05] <DM_Tol> yes
[20:05] <DM_Tol> Kayalia same level all 3
[20:07] <Kayalia> so it'd be rogue 3
[20:07] <Kayalia> and after I can multiclass?
[20:08] <DM_Tol> I haven’t said
[20:08] <DM_Tol> :)
[20:09] <DM_Tol> Choose stat assignment and skills and equip as you would normally rolling a first level and then 2nd and 3rd level in your class.
[20:11] <DM_Tol> any other questions?
[20:12] <Kayalia> HP would be off if it wasn't rogue 3 that's why I am confused. OK.
[20:12] <Kayalia> Also this stupid tool won't let me take performance as a skill >_>
[20:13] <DM_Tol> why would HP be off.
[20:13] <DM_Tol> just create a lvl 1 rogue, and then lvl it up twice
[20:14] <Terres> 1d8+2
[20:14] <TolBot> Terres's 1d8(2)+2]: 4
[20:14] <Terres> 1d8+2
[20:14] <TolBot> Terres's 1d8(1)+2]: 3
[20:18] <DM_Tol> ok, we’re ready to get started with old players… any questions, just ask inside of ( )’s
[20:20] <Kayalia> 1d8+1
[20:20] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d8(7)+1]: 8
[20:20] <Kayalia> 1d8+1
[20:20] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d8(2)+1]: 3
[20:21] <Kayalia> I should have 22 HP
[20:22] <Kayalia> Scores are STR 8, DEX 15+1, CON 12, INT 11, WIS 10, CHA 15+1
[20:23] <DM_Tol> ok, all non-game comments in ()
[20:23] <DM_Tol> * Game Recap *
[20:23] <DM_Tol> The party began its descent into the dungeon tunnels under the ancient castle grounds.
[20:25] <DM_Tol> They found a magical door where the password has fortunately already been spoken.
[20:25] <DM_Tol> They encountered a large acid pit trap that had already been sprung, the skeletons and equipment of two adventurers lying at the bottom of the pit.
[20:26] <DM_Tol> Convinced they needed more appropriate tunnel and trap traveling gear, the left the stairwell and ascended back up to and out of the castle grounds.
[20:27] <DM_Tol> The group gathered wood for a ladder and assembled at the cave a half hour from the castle that has been their shelter many a night now.
[20:27] <Khophus> (not to mention a cohesive plan…)
[20:27] <DM_Tol> They decided that they, now seeing the tunnel below, should venture back to Neoma one last time before continuing on.
[20:27] <Miri> (a plan would be nice, not being stupid dips that can'at figure things out would be good too lol)
[20:28] <DM_Tol> * As this 16th session of Heroes of Azod begins *
[20:28] <Khophus> (I'm the only stupid dip allowed here, thank you.)
[20:28] <DM_Tol> You awaken in the cave, the morning light shining on the walls.
[20:29] * Khophus stirs carefully, making sure that his scabs and scales stay in place.
[20:29] <DM_Tol> Dylan sits at the entrance, finishing his watch.
[20:30] <DM_Tol> On the other end of the opening, the familiar brown bear sits, licking its paw.
[20:30] <DM_Tol> Dylan turns towards you, “She just meandered up to the entrance nearly an hour ago.”
[20:30] * Ash pets the bear as a thank you for sharing his cave.
[20:30] <DM_Tol> Dylan: “I think, that she’s copying me.”
[20:30] <DM_Tol> Dylan shrugs.
[20:30] * Khophus regards the bear and nods. “We will be out of your…umm…fur…shortly.”
[20:31] <DM_Tol> The bear looks at Ash as it pets it, unsure what to think of the gesture.
[20:31] <Khophus> (much like the humans…)
[20:31] * Miri chuckles and arches her back. “well, are we going to try this ladder or are we going back?”
[20:32] * Khophus stands up, reaching into his pack and taking out some hard tack and water.
[20:32] <Ash> “Let's go back and get some extra supplies and see if Neoma mustered up the energy to empower anybody else yet.”
[20:32] <Miri> “beats more spliters.”
[20:33] <DM_Tol> Dylan: “Theriand and I will stay here and complete the ladder, and wait for your return.”
[20:34] * Ash nods
[20:34] <DM_Tol> (they’re both not here)
[20:34] * Khophus nods and gets his gear together, munching delicately on the hard tack, then offering it to Miri and the others.
[20:36] <Ash> “Thanks”
[20:36] <DM_Tol> The three of you settle up and head out of the cave, turning your face north, towards Azod and Neoma’s dome.
[20:37] <Khophus> “Think Neoma will be mad?”
[20:38] <Miri> “I think she will wonder if she made a mistake.” *she gives a soft chuckle*
[20:38] <Ash> “She doesn't strike me as the mad type.”
[20:38] * Khophus smiles, wincing as a scale scrapes against bald skin.
[20:38] <Miri> (shouldn't you have healed up completely with a long rest?)
[20:39] <Khophus> “My father wasn't that sort, either. All he had to do was look at me sternly adn say 'Khophus…this is not how a man should act.'“
[20:39] <DM_Tol> The day moves on as you move along north.
[20:39] <DM_Tol> * switch scenes to the new members *
[20:40] <DM_Tol> Terres and Kayalia and Zephyra you awaken on the floor of the hut.
[20:40] <DM_Tol> From the haze through the dome, you can discern it is morning light outside.
[20:40] <DM_Tol> As you rouse and attempt to stand, you feel… different.
[20:41] <DM_Tol> Neoma is kneeling, very still, beside the bema, the stone wood block.
[20:41] <DM_Tol> She does not immediately acknowledge you.
[20:42] * Zephyra blinks as she rises tenatively touching herself at the strangeness. “Wh-what just happened? Was that some dream?”
[20:42] * Terres gets up slowly trying to figure out why everything feels different
[20:43] <Terres> “I feel … Strange!”
[20:44] <Kayalia> 4d4
[20:44] <TolBot> Kayalia's 4d4(11)]: 11
[20:45] <DM_Tol> Neoma seems to awaken.
[20:45] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Ah, good. You have all survived the ritual and are well.”
[20:45] * Zephyra looks to the others and then to Neoma. “Survived? You mean…that could have killed us just then?”
[20:45] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Things will be strange to you. You have each entered a path of powerful abilities.”
[20:46] <DM_Tol> Neoma half smiles and half shrugs at you, Zephyra “I was confident you had within you what it takes to sustain the empowerment.
[20:47] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “You will join others that have accepted the call, heroes also from Azod that have already proven themselves worthy. They will be here before nightfall.”
[20:47] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “I suggest you return to Azod, and gather what you need for the journey south. And then return here just outside the dome, and spend the day practicing your newfound abilities.“
[20:48] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “But first, each of you should receive your attunement. Reach into this chest, one at a time.”
[20:49] <DM_Tol> She moves towards a small chest against a wall, and opens it. Darkness is inside.
[20:49] * Terres stands up then waits for the other two to reach into the chest first
[20:49] <Terres> (Are you sure Neoma saw goodness in me?)
[20:50] * Zephyra shivers slightly to the words, but is intrigued by the dark box. “If no one else wants to go first, then I shall.” She would reach into the darkness.
[20:51] <DM_Tol> Zephyra you feel something in the darkness, an object you can pull out.
[20:51] <Khophus> (as the lid grows teeth and slams down on Zephyra's arm – Neoma exclaims “There's the mimic I was looking for!”)
[20:52] <Zephyra> <XD>
[20:52] <DM_Tol> (Zeph, what is your class? what one type of item would you like to be magical? a kind of armor, a kind of weapon, a ring, something else?)
[20:53] * Zephyra carefully grasps the object, slowly drawing it from the shade <Monk, probably a quarterstaff or something along those lines would make the mostt sense to me>
[20:57] <DM_Tol> Zephyra pulls out a quarterstaff-like weapon.
[20:57] <DM_Tol> (next)
[20:57] <Zephyra> <ooh shiny>
[20:57] * Kayalia yawns and sits up. Rubbing her eyes, she watches as the hazy figures playing out a scene before her slowly became sharper and more focused. “Whoa, that was quite a nap. I didn't even have anything to drink.”
[20:58] <DM_Tol> Neoma motions for Kayalia and Terres to draw from the chest.
[21:00] * Terres steps to be box and reaches inside
[21:00] * Kayalia stretches with both hands linked behind her back, then springs to her feet with a hand stand. She moves in, following loosely behind Terres.
[21:00] <DM_Tol> Terres your hand grasps in the darkness onto a rod.
[21:01] * Terres grips it firmly and pulls it out
[21:01] <DM_Tol> Kayalia as you reach in to the darkness, you pull back a war fan sword blade.
[21:02] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Good. Take these items with you. You will elarn their properties in time. And whatever you want from your homes in Azod, then return outside the dome and practice your new skills.
[21:02] <Kayalia> “Alright, my turn!” *Hand dips into back and she fishess around for something shiny.* “Oh, wow, this is…” *Schlick! the fan spreads.* “Oh my.”
[21:04] <DM_Tol> Each of you then disperses, heads into town, and in time returns to the outskirts of the dome, practicing your new skills.
[21:04] <DM_Tol> (ok, questions before we combing groups?)
[21:04] <Kayalia> “I'll be off then,” Kayla offers a wink and a smile as she tucks the war fan into her traveler's tunic and heads out the dome, only to return that evening with supplies in tow.
[21:05] <Kayalia> (Not really other than how do you want the war fan to be handled? exotic proficiency?)
[21:05] * Zephyra would nod and flick the staff between her hands. “Guess I will get to practicing…I dont have anything to gather…See you all when you return.”
[21:07] * Terres looks at the other two “I am going to gather my meager belongings from the town and then come back here
[21:08] <Khophus> (brb)
[21:12] <Kayalia> (or maybe they did away with exotic weapons in 5e… oops… thought they were still a thing)
[21:13] <Kayalia> 1d20
[21:13] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(14)]: 14
[21:15] * Zephyra would take the time to focus her mind on these new changes and atune herself to her new tool. It seemed strange how such a change could happen like this, but she was not going to question a way to grow herself if it gave her the opportunity to save others, even if she wouldnt say it allowed…
[21:16] <Khophus> (back)
[21:18] <Miri> (wb)
[21:18] <DM_Tol> * game resume *
[21:18] <DM_Tol> Ash and Miri and Khophus (and thank you for your patience) near the area of Neoma’s hut.
[21:18] <DM_Tol> You see outside the dome, three characters motioning randomly.
[21:19] <Khophus> ”…and that's – wait – who's that?”
[21:19] <DM_Tol> Zephyra Kayalia and Terres you each in turn returned to the area of the dome and spend the time practicing, uncovering your abilities.
[21:19] <DM_Tol> You see three travellers approaching you.
[21:20] <DM_Tol> Ash and Miri and Khophus as you near, you can tell the other figures are practicing skills, with weapons and such.
[21:20] <Ash> “Do you think they know about the dome, or are just people from town doing… um weird stuff.”
[21:20] * Terres stops practicing and eyes the newcommers as they approach
[21:20] <DM_Tol> You reach the area and appraoch the practicers.
[21:20] <Miri> “do you think we looked taht stupid?”
[21:20] * Khophus 's face drops back into the constable's mask. “Let's ask.”
[21:21] <Ash> “Probably”
[21:21] * Khophus approaches them. “Good afternoon – might I enquire to your business here?”
[21:22] * Zephyra would lean on her staff and stare down the three newcomers. “Preparations. I suppose you might be the 'big shot heros' we heard about?”
[21:22] <Terres> “Well met travelers, we are preparing to save the world or so we are told”
[21:23] <Khophus> “Well met, then – you have spoken to the lady in the dome?”
[21:23] * Kayalia continues to sit on a rock, knees together, with her eyes closed, simply enjoying the breeze, and any words that happen to be carried upon it at the moment.
[21:23] <Terres> “Spoken and then some!”
[21:24] * Zephyra would nod. “Yes indeed…more than speaking…“
[21:24] <Khophus> “Good…then we have new allies. I am Khophus formerly of the constabulary.”
[21:24] <Terres> “Let us just say the last day was … unusual”
[21:25] * Ash eyes the 3 newcomers through his face wrappings with caution.
[21:25] <Ash> “I suspect it was quite unusual.”
[21:26] <Miri> “I don't like them, can i kill them?”
[21:26] * Zephyra takes in the features of everyone, seemingly weighing somehting within her mind. Zephyra is my name, the streets are the only home I know.”
[21:26] <Khophus> “Let's see what fate has for them, first.”
[21:27] * Terres eyes Miri suspciously “You kill anyone you dont like?”
[21:27] * Miri rest her right hand on the hilt of her great sword and her left hand on the top of a hand axe “typically.”
[21:27] <Khophus> “She doesn't. Miri is a little…short on pleasantries.”
[21:28] <Khophus> “We have had an odd day, as was mentioned earlier. Shall we adjorn into the dome and see what aid we can get?”
[21:28] <Khophus> (Seriously? *I'm* the peacemaker of the group? We're screwed…)
[21:28] * Ash looks over at Miri.
[21:28] <Miri> (miri is a barbarian, what do you expect?)
[21:29] <Ash> “She's typically not this grumpy. Perhaps the last visit to Neoma or the acidic pit has made her cranky.”
[21:29] <Kayalia> (hehe)
[21:29] <Terres> “Lets speak with Neoma”
[21:29] <Khophus> (to have tou shake their hands first before you try to lop them off.)
[21:29] * Zephyra shrugs and nods. “Very well. You know what is going on better than we do at least. Lets go talk to the crazy lady.”
[21:29] * Khophus bites back a checkle.
[21:29] * Khophus bites back a chuckle.
[21:29] <Ash> “Finally somebody around here is starting to make sense.”
[21:29] * Khophus walks into the dome, mentally rehearsing what he's going to say to deflect Neoma's wrath.
[21:30] * Terres moves to the dome making sure to keep Miri in his sight
[21:30] * Kayalia rolls her neck and throws her hair back. Seems like a good time to go inside, perhaps. She walks toward the dome's entrance, offering a wink and a smile to the party as she passes by.
[21:30] * Khophus flushes
[21:31] <Khophus> “I–I…umm…maidens first…umm…“
[21:31] <DM_Tol> You enter the dome as Neoma smiles, nodding you in salutation.
[21:31] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Good, good, you have met already.”
[21:31] <Terres> (if i was a monk i could say “I know kung fu” but alas im just a weirdo with too much eyeshaddow and spells now)
[21:31] <Khophus> “Lady Neoma…“
[21:31] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks over Khophus and Ash and Miri “Did you venture into the tunnels yet?”
[21:32] * Khophus salutes.
[21:32] * Terres nods
[21:32] * Miri enters the dome using one of her daggers to clean out her nails. “sort of.”
[21:32] <DM_Tol> She nods at Miri.
[21:32] <Khophus> “We…ahh…we've gotten close to the tunnels. There is a pit of acid that keeps us from moving forward as quickly as you'd want us to move.”
[21:32] * Khophus 's scales seem to dull as he speaks.
[21:33] <Miri> “The acid is gone, for now, but there is no way to cross the pit.”
[21:33] <DM_Tol> Neoma nods.
[21:33] <Ash> “We did, though we found our supplies lacking and split our group to fashion a means of passing the pit, while the rest of us resupplied.”
[21:33] <Khophus> “We…we have failed you, Lady Neoma. It is my fault, and I accept responsibility and whatever punishment you seem fit to inflict on me.”
[21:33] * Khophus kneels.
[21:33] <Ash> “Give up you buffoon”
[21:33] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Well, good news… as we discussed, three more have answered the call.”
[21:33] <Ash> (Get up…)
[21:33] <DM_Tol> She motions at Kayalia Zephyra and Terres.
[21:34] * Khophus stands up, but keeps his eyes downcast.
[21:34] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “They have been found also worthy, and have professed to be willing. They, too, have undergone the empowerment ritual, and are ready to join your quest.”
[21:35] * Khophus nods.
[21:35] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Khophus, brave you have proven yourself already. Do not fear.”
[21:35] * Zephyra smirks. “So, you screwed up and need some help then? I suppose we will just have to help out a bit then.”
[21:36] <Ash> “Well aren't you the mouthy one?”
[21:36] <Miri> “you sure i can't at least kill that one?”
[21:36] * Miri eyes zephyra as she speaks to Ash and Khopus
[21:36] <Kayalia> “Oh my.” Kaya palms her own temple for a moment. “Well, I'll certainly do my own best, anyhow.”
[21:37] * Khophus clears his throat in Miri's direction.
[21:38] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks at Zephyra “On the contrary, they have accomplished much, against difficult odds already.”
[21:38] * Miri slides her dagger away before she's too tempted to use it and crosses her arms over her chest, nails digging into her arms slightly.
[21:39] <Khophus> “Thank you, Lady Neoma. We will not fail you…again…“
[21:39] * Zephyra would nod and shrug. “Sorry, I take a bit to get used to trusting others…but I will take your word for it.” She glances to Miri with a sly grin. “Im sure we can have some fun another time dear.”
[21:39] * Ash ignores Miri's sudden bloodlust for the moment, and focuses back on the task at hand.
[21:42] <Terres> “What supplies will you be needing to pass this pit?”
[21:42] * Terres tries to ignore all the various death treats
[21:42] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Take what you need from the shelves. And then rest, for your journey in the morning, back to the doom and the underground.”
[21:43] <Ash> “We seem to have only one coil of rope, a second coil would be ideal, along with perhaps a grappling hook. A collapsable and portal ladder would be nice, but I don't expect to find one on the shelves.”
[21:43] <DM_Tol> One the shelves, as usual, you find an assortment of mundane objects (rope, vials, ect)
[21:43] <Khophus> “We need…rope…ladders…chains…what else?”
[21:43] * Khophus grabs ropes and a length of chain.
[21:44] <Kayalia> “I'm okay with gloom, but doom, well, let's try to keep things from getting too doom-y, if possible.”
[21:44] * Miri grabs some vials and a length or rope and a length of chain.
[21:44] * Terres looks at the others and before he leaves says “I will need an hour to prepare… something”
[21:45] <Ash> “Expect plenty of doom. Our group was almost wiped out in one encounter.”
[21:45] * Ash says with a matter of fact tone in his voice.
[21:45] <Terres> (i need an hour now for a ceremony to get my book of shadows)
[21:46] <Khophus> “But we prevailed…“
[21:46] <Zephyra> “Doom and gloom are just a day in the life. What else shall I grab to bring along?
[21:47] <Terres> (is there a secluded spot i can do the ceremony for the book somewhere where its not going to weird out the resident barbarian)
[21:47] <Kayalia> “Well, the more the merrier, and merry beats doom, so here, here?”
[21:48] <Miri> (the barbarian promises not to kill anyone in the group)
[21:48] <Zephyra> <yet>
[21:48] <Khophus> (I want that in writing)
[21:49] <Khophus> “Merrier, indeed.”
[21:49] <Terres> (and tolbot as vitness)
[21:49] <Ash> “Healing potions, healing salves, splints, extra food.”
[21:49] * Khophus tries to stuff the new rope in his backpack with the old rope, wrapping the chain about his waist.
[21:50] * Zephyra nods and goes through the shelves to see what she can find of the necessities
[21:51] <DM_Tol> Terres yes, you can seclude yourself outside the dome for an hour
[21:52] <DM_Tol> (ok, any questions before morning?)
[21:52] <Khophus> (not from me)
[21:52] * Kayalia walks the length of the shelves, settling near Khophus and Zephyra “Find anything worthwhile? I've brought some provisions with me already, but anyhting to save some coin here might be worth stowing, if you have any recommendations.”
[21:52] <Ash> (nope)
[21:53] <Khophus> “Rope, cloak and a swagger stick.”
[21:54] <Kayalia> (healer's kit here?)
[21:54] <DM_Tol> (no healer’s kit)
[21:54] <DM_Tol> (just stuff like sacks, rope, chain, vial, etc.)
[21:54] <Khophus> “Ooh!”
[21:54] * Khophus scrambles up and grabs a couple of vials and stoppers.
[21:54] <Zephyra> “From what I can think, food, water, and rope sound like the most vital at the moment.”
[21:55] <DM_Tol> In turn, you each make a mat on the ground and rest for the night.
[21:55] <DM_Tol> In the morning, you awake refreshed. (You are now at full HP and HD if you weren’t already)
[21:56] * Terres walks back in after a bit more than an hour with a new book under his arm. The books binding is dark and seems to be shifting slightly as you look at it.
[21:56] <DM_Tol> Neoma is kneeling behind the bema in a trance-like state.
[21:57] * Khophus sits up right, looking far fresher than he did earlier.
[21:59] <DM_Tol> Neoma comes to life and stands upright.
[21:59] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Waste no time then. Go, and descend beneath the castle.”
[21:59] <Khophus> “At once.”
[21:59] * Khophus bows and gathers his gear.
[22:00] * Terres slowly gets up and waits for the other to lead the way
[22:00] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Find the Pillar of Pyhrdo that lies in the depths.”
[22:01] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “Break whatever chain is sustaining the active connection of the obelisk, so that the Demon Lord can not longer remain on this plain.”
[22:01] <DM_Tol> Neama looks at each in turn: “And survive with enough breath to return home safely… if you can.”
[22:02] * Khophus bows again “As you wish.”
[22:02] <DM_Tol> Neoma looks at Khophus: “This is the path YOU have chosen. So, as YOU wish, brave Khophus.”
[22:03] <Ash> (Neoma is not the Princess Buttercup, and you are not the Dread Pirate Roberts)
[22:03] <DM_Tol> Neoma: “You have my thanks, and the thanks of this world, though few are aware of the danger that awaits.”
[22:03] <Terres> “Pyhrdo.. Obelisk… Demon… survive. Got it”
[22:04] <Zephyra> “Do the thing, Kill the bad thing, Save the world, Dont die…Sounds about right…“
[22:05] <Khophus> “Another day in the constabulary.”
[22:05] * Miri just begins heading out of the dome and back along the path she knows well already.
[22:05] * Khophus looks to Zephyra and smiles.
[22:05] * Khophus follows Miri lugging rope, chains, hard tack, weapons, vials and a shield.
[22:06] <Ash> “So now that we are away from the dome, how much have you been filled in on what's going on?”
[22:06] <Kayalia> “Someone is going to have to explain all this pillar and obelisk stuff to me while we're traveling.”
[22:07] * Zephyra grins and follows along, fiddling with her new staff and dragging along her bag, laiden with goodies, wondering how much she could get for whatever was not needed. She perked up to Ash “Honestly, not much at all.”
[22:07] <Terres> “Something bad is comming and we are to stop it and someone mentioned an acid pit”
[22:07] <DM_Tol> You head out the dome each in turn, making your way southward for a day’s journey.
[22:08] <DM_Tol> Along the way, the new members of the group ask about the situation at the castle, and what led them there, and what they have learned to date.
[22:08] <Ash> “So we're going to an old castle where a powerful demon has taken residence on the top floor, along with his high level lackies.”
[22:08] <DM_Tol> The group speaks about their doings. (as summarized here: http://grovewoodsaga.com/doku.php?id=campaigns:k4:recaps )
[22:08] <Khophus> “I mentioned the acid pit.”
[22:09] <Terres> “Im not a fan!”
[22:09] * Khophus points to a brightly shining scale.
[22:09] <Ash> “We're going underground to where this thing is that allows the demon to maintain its power here.”
[22:10] <Ash> “Which thankfully is kinda in the opposite direction of where the demon lord is. This underground dungeon is full of traps, pits, spikes, and fire apparently, and we got a little hung up on the first sprung trap.”
[22:10] <Ash> “Passing across a 30 foot pit with acid on the bottom is not as easy as it could be.”
[22:10] <Khophus> “I thought it was a pit?”
[22:10] <Ash> “Well unscathed at least.”
[22:10] <Ash> “It is a pit.”
[22:11] <DM_Tol> (the pillar of Pyhrdo is an obelisk that opens a portal sort of to another plain of existence. it allows a creature of a certain level of power to remain on a plain it otherwise would not be able to sustain on)
[22:11] <Kayalia> “Traps or a demon lord. I suppose the traps are marginally better. I think I get it. We smash something in the basement, then it should help us oust the creature from upstairs.”
[22:12] <Ash> “Simple, but accurate.”
[22:12] <Khophus> “Then why don't you say 'it's a pit'? No need to confuse them.”
[22:12] * Ash looks at Khophus
[22:13] <DM_Tol> (ready to arrive?)
[22:13] * Ash is about to say something, and decides not to waste time with the effort.
[22:13] <Terres> (yep)
[22:13] <Kayalia> (kay)
[22:13] <Ash> “Oh, and when we arrive at the cave we've been camping at, don't attack the bear.”
[22:14] <Ash> (Now I'm ready)
[22:14] <Khophus> (yep)
[22:14] <Zephyra> “You have a pet bear?”
[22:14] <Miri> “the bear is not a pet.”
[22:15] <DM_Tol> Early evening, you arrive at the very short cave outcropping that has been your shelter each journey coming and going.
[22:15] <Ash> “Definitely not a pet, but it's friendly enough to share its cave with us.”
[22:15] <Khophus> “More like a companion.”
[22:15] <DM_Tol> As you approach the cave, there is no sign of the bear.
[22:15] <DM_Tol> (ready to sleep?)
[22:16] <Zephyra> “Good to know…will not attack the bear.”
[22:16] <Khophus> (I am)
[22:16] <Zephyra> <snores…actually i need to head off now. thanks for letting me join in…will be able to stay the full time next week>
[22:17] <Terres> (same, can also take a watch if needed)
[22:17] <Khophus> (Will take the night watch)
[22:17] <Terres> (how can you go before we find out what happened to the bear)
[22:18] <Kayalia> (the bear eloped with a manpig)
[22:18] <DM_Tol> You settle in to sleep.
[22:18] <Zephyra> <i will have to assume it made out with ryu in the bushes>
[22:18] <DM_Tol> The morning light wakes you.
[22:18] <Ash> (LOL)
[22:18] * Zephyra (Zephania@sorcery-9ml9ki.t9a3.9nm8.05c8.2601.IP) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> (oh, yeah, as you get to the cave, Theriand and Dylan arrive later, greeting you and meeting the newbies. They have a ladder construction ready to take into the tunnel)
[22:19] <DM_Tol> Dylan: “The bear left yesterday afternoon and haven’t seen her since.”
[22:20] <DM_Tol> You pack up and make ready for the half hour journey to the castle grounds.
[22:20] * Khophus gets everything ready for quick use and waits for the others to be ready.
[22:21] * Terres gets ready
[22:21] * Kayalia does some practice acrobatics such as cartwheels while waiting for everyone to be readied.
[22:21] <Ash> “Oh and word of advice. Don't trust any trees near this castle.”
[22:22] <Khophus> “No. Have fire ready.”
[22:22] <DM_Tol> You move towards the castle as the advice keeps coming.
[22:22] <Terres> (Tol can i say that i took some time while practicing and waiting for the others yesterday near Dome to play a bit with the Rod i fished out of the box?)
[22:22] <DM_Tol> Soon, it is in view.
[22:22] <DM_Tol> (yes!)
[22:22] * Kayalia comes to a resting position. “Awfully cryptic, aren't we?”
[22:23] <DM_Tol> (castle grounds look like this if interested: http://bit.ly/battlegrid )
[22:23] <Ash> “Not at all. Our first encounter with this castle was with trees that seemingly began to move on their own, and pummel the life out of us.”
[22:23] <DM_Tol> In this area there are sparse trees, scattered about. As you near the castle gate, the tower beams up into the sky.
[22:24] * Terres looks at Ash “What do you mean dont trust the trees?”
[22:24] <DM_Tol> Approaching the gate, there are no trees flanking and guarding the open gate.
[22:24] <Khophus> “They could be hiding.”
[22:25] * Terres follows the others onto the grounds
[22:26] <DM_Tol> You make your way to the gate, inside, things look as you left them. The central building, old and delapidated.
[22:27] <DM_Tol> The tower rising up behind it, however, still looks pristine, saved or possibly restored from the centuries of decay.
[22:27] <DM_Tol> To the left, is the building with the upstairs hidden room.
[22:27] * Kayalia whistles incredulously at the scale of everything, and, well, the creepy-factor.
[22:28] <DM_Tol> Since a newer member inquired of equipment, you take them to the building. You draw the symbols in the sand and the stairs appear. Up in the room is a supply store. Here you can find any mundane armor or weapon of value under 100gp.
[22:29] <Kayalia> (neat. I'll consider my hand crossbow free then)
[22:29] * Miri will grab a couple extra daggers if they are about, if she can.
[22:30] <DM_Tol> (they are and she can)
[22:30] <Miri> (miri keeps it up she's going to be a walking armory lol)
[22:30] * Ash looks for a shield in the armory.
[22:31] <DM_Tol> You then return downstairs (building #2) and move towards the right corner of the demolished structure.
[22:31] <DM_Tol> (yes on shiled)
[22:31] <Terres> (Can i check the stonework of the tower to see how old it is and if there is anything particular about it?)
[22:31] <DM_Tol> (sure!)
[22:32] <Terres> 1d20+4 (stonecunning)
[22:32] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(15)+4 '(stonecunning)']: 19
[22:33] <DM_Tol> The castles is centuries old. Hints of dwarven architecture. The room upstairs was more recently furnished, or perhaps, hidden away from the houtside for so long as to be pristine.
[22:33] <DM_Tol> You make it to the rubble. The tunnel is shut and not visible.
[22:34] <DM_Tol> The layer of sand remains in the rectangular indention cut into the stone.
[22:35] * Terres looks at the others “What now?”
[22:35] * Ash draws the 3 symbols into the sand, slowly so the others can watch.
[22:36] <DM_Tol> The stone slab moves away beneath your feet. (Three newbies make Dex saves DC 12 since no one warned you to watch out)
[22:37] <Terres> 1d20+1 vs DC12
[22:37] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(9)+1 'vs DC12']: 10 (Fail)
[22:37] <DM_Tol> 1d20 for Zephyra DC12
[22:37] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(12) 'for Zephyra DC12']: 12 (Success)
[22:37] <Kayalia> 1d20+3
[22:37] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(1)+3]: 4 (That stinks.)
[22:37] <Kayalia> >_>
[22:37] <Khophus> (This isn't part of the hazing by the way – this is just for giggles)
[22:37] <Ash> (No it's part of the hazing, don't believe him pledges.)
[22:38] <Khophus> (Who are you going to believe? A shining dragonborn or someone pets the sheep in more than a friendly way?)
[22:38] <DM_Tol> Terres and Kayalia in your interest looking at the sand box where Ash drew the symbols, the ground below you moves away, opening up to a stairwell below. You fall inside, as two blob-like demons emerge from the tunnel and attack instantly.
[22:38] <DM_Tol> -init rolls plz from everyone
[22:38] <TolBot> Please make an initiative roll: 1d20+modifier. (You can make a roll 'for AnotherCharacter')
[22:38] <Terres> 1d20+1 Init
[22:38] <Miri> 1d20-1
[22:38] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(6)-1]: 5
[22:38] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(14)+1 'Init']: 15
[22:39] <Ash> 1d20
[22:39] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(12)]: 12
[22:39] <Khophus> 1d20+1 init
[22:39] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(7)+1 'init']: 8
[22:39] <Kayalia> 1d20+3 Initiative
[22:39] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(17)+3 'Initiative']: 20
[22:39] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 for Manes
[22:39] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(6)-1 'for Manes']: 5
[22:39] <DM_Tol> -init report
[22:39] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Kayalia 20, Terres 15, Ash 12, Khophus 8, Miri 5, Manes, 5
[22:39] <Ash> (I think we're playing Dark Souls, this place respawns all the time.)
[22:40] <DM_Tol> Kayalia and Terres begin this round prone, but are up first to act.
[22:40] <DM_Tol> (and yet it surprises you every time… go figure)
[22:40] <Miri> (getting up takes half your movement)
[22:41] <Kayalia> (where are the enemies? distance-wise)
[22:41] <DM_Tol> (go Kayalia… you state your action, then make the roll)
[22:41] <DM_Tol> (beside you)
[22:42] <Kayalia> “Akc! Upsie-daisies!” Kaya springs up, extending her bladed fan and slashing the creature immediately beside her.
[22:42] <DM_Tol> (1d20+whatever)
[22:42] <Kayalia> (I have advantage if an enemy hasn't acted yet in combat. Is there a way to roll advantage, or just roll twice?)
[22:43] <DM_Tol> 1d20+1 adv
[22:43] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(16, 18)+1 'adv']: 19
[22:43] <Kayalia> 1d20+6 adv
[22:43] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(3, 2)+6 'adv']: 9
[22:43] <DM_Tol> (Cause my bot is AWE to the SOME)
[22:43] <Kayalia> .___.
[22:43] <DM_Tol> Kayalia hits the demon Mane.
[22:43] <DM_Tol> (roll damage)
[22:43] <Terres> (i swear after init rolls the dice are halved)
[22:43] <Kayalia> (your bot hates me)
[22:44] <Miri> (his bot hates everyone)
[22:44] <Kayalia> 3d6+4
[22:44] <TolBot> Kayalia's 3d6(13)+4]: 17
[22:44] <DM_Tol> Kayalia deftly gets to her feat and slices throught he demon with her war fan. It disintegrates into a smoke that dissipates into the air.
[22:44] <Kayalia> (damage is 1d6+4 and sneak attack is 2d6)
[22:45] <DM_Tol> One Mane remains as Terres resolves his action.
[22:45] <DM_Tol> (technically, they should’ve had a surprise round, but hurrying up)
[22:45] * Terres gets up and focuses on the demon
[22:46] <Terres> (is this thing next to me?)
[22:46] <DM_Tol> (sure)
[22:46] <Terres> (meh, i cast mage armor on myself)
[22:46] <DM_Tol> (anything else?)
[22:46] * Terres mumbles a few words and a magic shell surrounds him
[22:46] <DM_Tol> (Ash)
[22:47] * Ash uses a sacred flame against the remaining Mane. (Dex 12 save or 1d8 dam)
[22:47] <Terres> (does it get a AOO?)
[22:47] <DM_Tol> (not gonna worry)
[22:47] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 DC12
[22:47] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(2)-1 'DC12']: 1 (Fail)
[22:47] <DM_Tol> (though I normally do)
[22:47] <Ash> 1d8 radiant damage
[22:47] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(5) 'radiant damage']: 5
[22:47] <DM_Tol> Ash blasts the demon with radiant power.
[22:48] <DM_Tol> Khophus then Miri)
[22:48] * Khophus roars and swipes at the Mane with his blade
[22:48] <Khophus> 1d20+5
[22:48] <TolBot> Khophus's 1d20(2)+5]: 7
[22:48] <DM_Tol> Khophus misses the demon with a swing.
[22:48] <Khophus> (*sigh* equality sucks)
[22:49] <DM_Tol> Miri then the Mane)
[22:49] * Miri uses her bonus action to whisper “marshmallow” and watches her sword light up, then takes a swing at Mane.
[22:49] <Kayalia> (they seem to have low AC at least… I hit with… a 9… somehow!)
[22:49] <Miri> 1d20+4
[22:49] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(8)+4]: 12
[22:49] <DM_Tol> (hit)
[22:49] <DM_Tol> (Manes have a AC of 9)
[22:49] <Miri> 2d6+4 slashing
[22:49] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(12)+4 'slashing']: 16
[22:49] <Miri> 2d6 radiant damage
[22:49] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(3) 'radiant damage']: 3
[22:49] <Miri> (fire damage even)
[22:50] <Terres> (this whole thing just might be the bears dream sequence)
[22:50] <DM_Tol> The Mane is wounded but retaliates.
[22:50] <Kayalia> (ooo powerful weapon :o)
[22:50] <DM_Tol> 1d4
[22:50] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d4(4)]: 4
[22:50] <DM_Tol> It claws at Khophus.
[22:51] <DM_Tol> 1d20+2
[22:51] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(8)+2]: 10
[22:51] <DM_Tol> -init report round #2
[22:51] <TolBot> Initiative Order: Kayalia 20, Terres 15, Ash 12, Khophus 8, Miri 5, Manes, 5
[22:51] <DM_Tol> (Kayalia)
[22:52] <DM_Tol> (Terres)
[22:52] * Kayalia flourishes her fan blade and weaves around the blob, flanking it (bonus to withdraw if necessary to avoid AoO). She attacks it.
[22:52] <Kayalia> 1d20+6
[22:52] <TolBot> Kayalia's 1d20(1)+6]: 7 (That stinks.)
[22:52] * Terres speaks a wor and a bea of energy streaks from his finger to the creature
[22:52] <Kayalia> (my god)
[22:53] <Terres> (*word too)
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Kayalia misses with a slash of her blade, as Terres sends a streak at the creature.
[22:53] <Terres> 1d20+5
[22:53] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(3)+5]: 8
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Terres state waht you’re casting always)
[22:53] <DM_Tol> Terres misses (Ash)
[22:53] * Ash calls down another Sacred Flame upon the Mane. (Dex 12)
[22:53] <Terres> (eldritch blast)
[22:54] <DM_Tol> 1d20-1 DC12
[22:54] <TolBot> <[DM_Tol's 1d20(10)-1 'DC12']: 9 (Fail)
[22:54] <Ash> 1d8
[22:54] <TolBot> Ash's 1d8(3)]: 3
[22:54] <DM_Tol> The creature is decimated by Ash’s sacred strike as it dissipates into smoke.
[22:54] <DM_Tol> The tunneled stairs below you echoe with the shriek of the dying demon, and then all goes silent.
[22:54] * Terres looks around for more of the demons “What was that?”
[22:55] <DM_Tol> The darkness below you beckons, a long straight stair, and whatever lies below.
[22:55] <DM_Tol> * As this session of Heroes of Azod comes to a close *

campaigns/the_forth/session_16_-_11-26-2017_-_newcomers.txt · Last modified: 2017/11/27 09:41 (external edit)