Grovewood Saga

Roll Softly, Hit harder. . .

User Tools

Site Tools

Action disabled: source

campaigns:harl_s_mad_temple_delight:session_21_-_9-2-2018

[20:02] <Harlequin_J_Goat> * Evading both goblins and snakes – our intrepid band finds themsevles drawing closer to the port and gaining another guide to try to take them to the Lost City of Omu. Even as the jungle heat tries to kill them – there are islands of kindness: tabaxi and monkeys do what they can to allieviate the conditions…as the next episode of “The Tomb of Annihilation” begins! *
[20:02] * Harlequin_J_Goat is now known as <DM_ToA
[20:03] * Shaddow is now known as Miri
[20:03] * Magestar is now known as Ash
[20:04] <@Tolman> (Ryu can play? )
[20:04] * Tolman is now known as Stolanimus
[20:05] <DM_ToA> (You guys were tacking east)
[20:08] <DM_ToA> (Theme music for tonight's game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1fPUejOTB8)
[20:09] <DM_ToA> Overhead, you hear the gathering rumbles of thunder far, far east.
[20:10] <Miri> “How many days do you all think we are from the city?”
[20:12] <DM_ToA> (If the navigator wants to make an Investigation check to estimate how far away they are…?)
[20:12] <Ash> 1d20+2
[20:12] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑲)+2]: 21
[20:16] * Ash studies the map carefully.
[20:17] <DM_ToA> (“Wait – this is a kid's menu!”)
[20:18] <Ash> I think we're about 10 days out, assuming we don't take the scenic route back.
[20:19] <Stolanimus> “Let’s not take the long way.“
[20:20] * Disconnected
[20:20] * Attempting to rejoin channel #grovewood
[20:21] * Rejoined channel #grovewood
[20:21] * Topic is 'Grovewood - D&D5e Harl's Temple - Current DM: Harlequin-J-Goat- 8:30 PM EST Sundays. - Logs available here: http://grovewoodsaga.com/doku.php?id=campaigns:konnen:the_forth'
[20:21] * Set by ChanServ on Sun Sep 02 16:46:43 2018
[20:21] <Terres> “We walked all the way here and now we are returning without much progress”
[20:22] * Ash pats the jug.
[20:22] <Ash> “Well we did get a magic water pot.”
[20:22] <Stolanimus> “It is frustrating.”
[20:22] * Ash adds sarcastically.
[20:22] * Stolanimus nods at Ash “True”
[20:24] <Terres> “that part is nice but i dont think our patron would take that in exchange for that soulmonger thing we were searching for”
[20:27] <Miri> “I think we should head back if for no other reason then to regroup. get that permit thing if we even need one. we aren't doing anyone any good wandering aimlessly either.”
[20:29] <Ash> “So let's continue and see if we can gain some ground.”
[20:29] <Terres> “Well we are clearing out the jungle from troublemakers, few more hundread years ad we could make this place habbitable”
[20:31] * Miri chuckles. “so…onward towards town then?”
[20:32] * Stolanimus nods.
[20:32] * Terres shrugs and follows
[20:36] <DM_ToA> You continue on through the jungle as the sun begins it's relentless climb to the zenith. Slowly, the land around you comes alive. Foilage shakes as predator and prey dance one again.
[20:38] <DM_ToA> You find a trampled down patch – near the center you see a pair of corpses, already ravaged by the scavengers. One is a halfling and the other is one of the monkeys that be-deviled you early on.
[20:39] * Dylan eyes the corpses
[20:39] <Dylan> “This isn't right”
[20:39] <Terres> “This place is trying to kill anyone who steps foot in it”
[20:40] * Terres looks for any signs of who killed them or any of the scavengers that might be still around
[20:40] <Ash> “It's a very violent place.”
[20:41] <Terres> (should i roll perception?)
[20:41] <DM_ToA> Terres roll perception)
[20:41] <Terres> 1d20+3
[20:41] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑥)+3]: 9
[20:42] * Terres steps closer to check on whats left of the halfling
[20:43] * Dylan looks around the bodies too
[20:46] <DM_ToA> (roll investigation, Dylan Terres)
[20:46] <Terres> 1d20+3 investigation
[20:46] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑳)+3 'investigation']: 23 (Yahoo!)
[20:48] * Terres pulls the bottle of liquid from the body and says “This looks interesting”
[20:49] <Terres> “Almost looks alive”
[20:49] <Terres> (can i roll arcana to try and figure out what it is?)
[20:50] <DM_ToA> (sure)
[20:50] <Terres> 1d20+3 arcana
[20:50] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑪)+3 'arcana']: 14
[20:50] <DM_ToA> (DC 13)
[20:51] <Terres> (i pass 20 copper to whomever is handling money as well)
[20:51] * Stolanimus joins in the search.
[20:51] <DM_ToA> (a spectral hand points to Miri)
[20:51] <Stolanimus> 1d20
[20:51] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(③)]: 3
[20:51] <Miri> (that is me, yes.)
[20:52] <Dylan> 1d20+3
[20:52] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑥)+3]: 9
[20:53] <Terres> “This looks like a potion of vitality, this will come in hande one day
[20:53] <Terres> (he says as he puts it away to be forgotten and never again used at the bottom of the char sheet)
[20:54] <DM_ToA> (To be discovered shortly after death… “I had…son of a…”)
[20:55] <DM_ToA> (Continue on?)
[20:56] <DM_ToA> (brb)
[20:57] <Ash> (yes, the fast forward version?)
[20:58] <Terres> (what the pacifist said!)
[20:58] <Miri> (am i still here?)
[20:58] <Terres> (yep
[20:59] <Terres> )
[20:59] <Stolanimus> (what ash said)
[20:59] <Miri> (k, power blinked for a sec so wasn't sure)
[21:00] <Terres> (I think DM jsut wanted to say you can write up another 20cp(slightly bloody) to the party fund)
[21:00] <DM_ToA> You travel on until dusk, when you start to set your camp and set watches. First watch?
[21:00] <Miri> (i'll take first)
[21:00] <Dylan> (third watch)
[21:01] <Terres> (sign me up for 2nd)
[21:01] <DM_ToA> As Miri settles down for watch, and everyone else gets ready for sleep…
[21:01] <Ash> (Middle watch)
[21:01] <DM_ToA> THERE IS A CRASHING THROUGH THE BRUSH! LIMBS FLY EVERYWHERE!
[21:02] <Terres> (our limbs?)
[21:02] <Ash> (Oh hi Miri Calm down already, you left marshmellow by your pillow.)
[21:02] <Miri> (lol)
[21:02] <DM_ToA> A WILD BOAR – SKIN CRISS-CROSSED WITH SCRAPES AND CLAW MARKS – TUMBLES INTO THE CAMPSITE!
[21:02] <DM_ToA> (tree limbs)
[21:02] * Miri lights her sword and brandishes it at the boar trying to get it to move off.
[21:03] <Terres> (do we all hear this and wake up?)
[21:03] <Terres> (my bad this is before we went to sleep
[21:03] <Terres> )
[21:03] <Stolanimus> (i’m about to go afk for 15” to go pick up kid)
[21:03] <DM_ToA> Righting itself, it tries to run, but the little hooves can't find purchase on the trail.
[21:03] <Stolanimus> (I’m second watch… so can use my animal)
[21:04] * Terres jumps up and tries to figure out if something is chasing the boar
[21:04] <DM_ToA> (ok – I'll try to spare their lives)
[21:05] <DM_ToA> As Terres stands up – a trio of Deinonychus stumble into the camp, swinging their heads about to look for the boar…
[21:05] <Dylan> (did he say he was going afk for 15 inches?)
[21:05] <Miri> (i believe it also works for minutes)
[21:05] <Miri> (and are those dinos?)
[21:05] * Dylan sighs and unsheathes his sword
[21:06] <Ash> (Yes those are dinos)
[21:06] <Ash> “Whoa!”
[21:06] <DM_ToA> (Remember the dinos with the Flaming Fist? Same ones)
[21:06] <Terres> (is that the same thing like the flaming fist guys had?)
[21:06] <Miri> (i thought thos were t-rexes)
[21:07] <DM_ToA> (No…that would have been a different fight)
[21:07] <Miri> (ok)
[21:07] <DM_ToA> One of the dinos look at you and hisses, while the other two lunge at the boar.
[21:07] <Miri> “I'm really beginning not to like thise place.” she holds for now tho waiting to see if the dinos will leave them alone or not if they don't touch the boar.
[21:08] * Terres looks for any sign the Dinos are someones property
[21:08] <DM_ToA> one of them tries to snap at the boar, but slips on some vegitation and falls down. The other grabs the boar in its jaws and rushes off.
[21:09] <Terres> (those others ones had puches and stuff hanging from them right)
[21:09] <DM_ToA> (Right – they looked to be more like pack animals)
[21:09] * Ash prepares for a fight, but holds fast in case it's not needed.
[21:10] <DM_ToA> The one that slips picks itself up…looks at the other, then at you all. It hisses and takes off after it's companions. The final regards you all patiently.
[21:11] <Terres> “Easy boy, you got your dinner. Now leave this place”
[21:12] * Miri tilts her head. “why is this one just watching us while the others ran off?”
[21:12] <DM_ToA> It hisses at you and backs up.
[21:13] <DM_ToA> Another step back…
[21:13] <DM_ToA> …and it takes off after its companions.
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (Second watch)
[21:14] <Miri> (that was stol, who is afk)
[21:14] <Terres> (i dont think it would understand if i yelled : not the mommy NOT the mommy)
[21:14] <Miri> (lol)
[21:14] <DM_ToA> (second watch passes without incident, then)
[21:15] <DM_ToA> (Third watch?)
[21:16] <Dylan> (i am third watch)
[21:16] <DM_ToA> (roll perception)
[21:18] <Dylan> 1d20
[21:18] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑮)]: 15
[21:18] <Dylan> (+2)
[21:23] * Dylan quietly wanders around keeping an eye and nudges some people as he passes
[21:23] <DM_ToA> (roll stealth)
[21:24] <DM_ToA> (every person you nudge = stealth roll)
[21:24] <Dylan> (nod lemme check roll)
[21:24] <Dylan> 1d20
[21:24] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(③)]: 3
[21:24] <Miri> (who all got nudged?)
[21:25] <DM_ToA> (who got nudged first?)
[21:25] <Dylan> (miri)
[21:25] * Dylan informs people they are being watched as he goes around
[21:27] <Miri> (am i supposed to roll stealth now?)
[21:27] <DM_ToA> You nudge the barbarian, but as you turn around – you step on a water skin. A splatter of water sprays on hte fire, making it hiss and pop.
[21:27] <DM_ToA> (If you want to get ready without tipping off anyone, roll sleight of hand)
[21:27] <Dylan> 1d20
[21:27] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑨)]: 9
[21:27] <Miri> 1d20
[21:27] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(②)]: 2
[21:28] <DM_ToA> Miri – Marshmallow's scabbard is tangled up in some bits of blanket.
[21:29] * Miri grumbles as she untangles it.
[21:29] <Dylan> (AFK)
[21:30] <DM_ToA> “RAS NSI!”
[21:30] <Miri> (are the frekaing goblins back?!)
[21:31] <Stolanimus> (did I get nudged?)
[21:31] <DM_ToA> The perihpery of the fire light comes alive with twelve large men with spears, blue triangles on their foreheads and hunger in their eyes.
[21:31] <Terres> (just miri but given their stealth roles i would not be surprised we are not awake)
[21:32] <Dylan> (back)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> (Yes)
[21:32] <DM_ToA> (Everyone! Roll initative!)
[21:33] <Terres> 1d20+1 init
[21:33] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑫)+1 'init']: 13
[21:33] <Miri> 1d20
[21:33] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑧)]: 8
[21:33] <DM_ToA> 1d20
[21:33] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑪)]: 11
[21:33] <Ash> 1d20
[21:33] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑬)]: 13
[21:34] <Dylan> 1d20+2
[21:34] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑯)+2]: 18
[21:34] <Stolanimus> 1d20+2
[21:34] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(②)+2]: 4
[21:36] <DM_ToA> (order: Dylan Ash and Terres Twelve Young Cannibals, Miri Stolanimus)
[21:36] <Terres> (are the Fine young cannibals?)
[21:37] <Dylan> (do we have a map?)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (No, they are not fine.)
[21:37] <DM_ToA> (…and Sabotage is playing on Spotify. Life is good)
[21:37] <Terres> (aww, was thinking you are changing the evenings soundtrack to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw54Pdh_m8)
[21:38] <DM_ToA> http://bit.ly/battlegrid
[21:38] <Stolanimus> ( Harl’s Game tab?)
[21:39] <Dylan> (ok lemme check my movement)
[21:39] <Stolanimus> ok, the Yellyark tab
[21:40] <DM_ToA> (yeah, place yourself where needed)
[21:40] <Dylan> (got it)
[21:40] <Stolanimus> (the cnbl names ok?)
[21:41] <Dylan> (yea we are surrounded?)
[21:41] <Stolanimus> (it helps to type and not cut and paste which channges background color)
[21:41] <Miri> (i fixed it!)
[21:41] <DM_ToA> (yeah - cnbl is fine)
[21:41] <Stolanimus> (what’d I just say Dylan!)
[21:41] <Stolanimus> (hehe)
[21:42] <Dylan> (oh i thought you were referring to my surrounded quesiton for a sec)
[21:43] <DM_ToA> Dylan – you may throw the first punch)
[21:43] <Dylan> (yuppers)
[21:44] <Dylan> (movement 20 feet west swing at m6
[21:44] <Dylan> )
[21:44] <DM_ToA> (swing batter, swimg)
[21:44] <Dylan> 1d20+7
[21:44] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑮)+7]: 22
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (!)
[21:45] <DM_ToA> (Yeah… I guess you hit…)
[21:45] <Dylan> 2d6+7
[21:45] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚂⚄)+7]: 15
[21:46] <DM_ToA> Dylan rushes up and stabs one right through the rib cage – the tribesman looks surprised as it keels over.
[21:46] <DM_ToA> Terres and Ash)
[21:47] * Terres looks around for a group of cannibals and casts “Command”
[21:47] <Terres> “Flee”
[21:47] <Terres> (its a lvl 3 so 3 targets wis DC 14 to save)
[21:48] <Terres> (I guess casting it at 9 10 and 11)
[21:48] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 14
[21:48] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑳) 'DC 14']: 20
[21:48] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 14
[21:48] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮) 'DC 14']: 15
[21:48] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 14
[21:48] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑤) 'DC 14']: 5
[21:49] <Terres> (drats)
[21:49] <Stolanimus> (what is the purple area?)
[21:49] * Ash slaps his hand to the ground and utters words from an old language, as spirits rise from the ground to protect him. (Any foe in the purple area moves at 1/2 move and makes a Wis Save (DC13 for 1/2) or takes 3d8 damage)
[21:49] <Stolanimus> (ah)
[21:49] * Ash then enchants his club as a bonus action.
[21:49] <DM_ToA> One cannibal just turns and scrambles, throwing down his spear. The other two shudder as the spell passes over him.
[21:50] <Terres> ( i always forget to use bonus action to do shilelagh)
[21:50] <DM_ToA> The cannibals advance…
[21:52] <Ash> (Saves for Can6 and 8)
[21:52] <Ash> (and 7)
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 13
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮) 'DC 13']: 15
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 13
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(②) 'DC 13']: 2
[21:53] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 13
[21:53] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑲) 'DC 13']: 19
[21:53] <Ash> 3d8 damage
[21:53] <TolBot> Ash's 3d8(①⑦④) 'damage']: 12
[21:53] <Ash> (12 on fail, 6 on pass)
[21:54] <Dylan> (does anyone have a phb handy?)
[21:54] <Terres> ( i do)
[21:54] <Miri> (i do as well)
[21:54] <DM_ToA> One cannibal shrieks and collapses to the ground as smoke pours out from his mouth. The other two moan, but press on.
[21:55] <DM_ToA> (Cannibal 1nad three attack Slyan)
[21:55] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:55] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑯)+3]: 19
[21:55] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:55] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑲)+3]: 22
[21:56] <DM_ToA> Two spears slip through gaps in Dylan's armor and pierce his flesh.
[21:56] <DM_ToA> 1d8+1
[21:56] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(④)+1]: 5
[21:56] <DM_ToA> 1d8+1
[21:56] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(③)+1]: 4
[21:56] <DM_ToA> (take 9 damage total)
[21:57] <DM_ToA> Canibibal 4 attacks Miri
[21:58] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:58] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(②)+3]: 5
[21:58] <Miri> (miss)
[21:58] <Dylan> (noted dmg)
[21:58] <DM_ToA> The tip of the spear skitter's off Miri's breastplate.
[21:58] <Miri> (miri doesn't have a breastplate :P)
[21:58] <DM_ToA> Cannibal 5 attacks Stol
[21:58] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[21:58] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑮)+3]: 18
[21:59] <Ash> (Breast cloth)
[21:59] <Miri> (there ya go)
[21:59] <DM_ToA> (If it's bouncing off spear attacks, you should get it washed)
[22:00] <Miri> (lol)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> 1d8+1
[22:00] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(⑥)+1]: 7
[22:00] <DM_ToA> One spear wings Stolanimus in the side.
[22:00] <Stolanimus> (ouch)
[22:00] <DM_ToA> Cannibals 6 and 8 try to attack Ash
[22:01] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[22:01] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑯)+3]: 19
[22:01] <DM_ToA> 1d20+3
[22:01] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑫)+3]: 15
[22:01] * Stolanimus grows angry and transforms (into a green hulkish animal (on his turn)
[22:01] <Ash> (1 hit, and that one can make a (DC14 dex save vs. Hellish Rebuke)
[22:01] <DM_ToA> One swings his spear, the blunt end tags Ash in the face while the other whistles harmlessly overhead.
[22:01] <DM_ToA> 1d8+1
[22:01] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d8(⑤)+1]: 6
[22:02] <DM_ToA> (take six)
[22:02] <Stolanimus> (I get an OA on Cannibal 4 when it attacked Miri as a reaction)
[22:02] <Stolanimus> (Sentinel Feat)
[22:02] <DM_ToA> (ok)
[22:02] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 14
[22:02] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑩) 'DC 14']: 10
[22:02] <Stolanimus> 1d20+5 scimitar
[22:02] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d20(⑪)+5 'scimitar']: 16
[22:02] <Ash> 3d10 fire damage
[22:02] <TolBot> Ash's 3d10(④⑥④) 'fire damage']: 14
[22:02] <DM_ToA> (roll damage, Stol)
[22:03] <Stolanimus> 1d6+2 slashing
[22:03] <TolBot> Stolanimus's 1d6(⚃)+2 'slashing']: 6
[22:03] <DM_ToA> The fire bursts over the cannibal. He howls once, before the scimitar cuts him off. The other cannibals…start drooling…
[22:05] <DM_ToA> Stol sheathes his blade and his body twists – hair drops away and scales surge up. His face lengthens and teeth sharpen. He lets out a keening roar.
[22:05] <Ash> (Note: I just killed canibal 6, not the one Stol killed)
[22:05] <DM_ToA> (You are now Stolasaur)
[22:05] <DM_ToA> (got it, Ash)
[22:05] <DM_ToA> Miri – you're up)
[22:06] * Miri will rage, and attack #5 with her first attack, then move and attack #3, both attacks reckless.
[22:06] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv
[22:06] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(6, 14)+6 'adv']: 20
[22:06] <Miri> 1d20+6 adv #3
[22:06] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(2, 2)+6 'adv #3']: 8
[22:07] <DM_ToA> (roll damage)
[22:07] <Miri> 2d6+5
[22:07] <TolBot> Miri's 2d6(⚅⚁)+5]: 13
[22:07] <Miri> (haven't lit my sword yet)
[22:08] <Miri> (also if i didn't kill it it will get an attack of oportunity as i move away)
[22:08] <Miri> (also, also attacks against me have advantage.)
[22:08] <DM_ToA> With glee in her eyes, Miri swings hard at the cannibal's stomach. Intestines push out of the wound and the canibal falls dead.
[22:08] * Stolanimus Bites at the Cnbl5
[22:08] <Miri> (it's dead now stol)
[22:09] <Ash> (Don't judge, maybe he's hungry)
[22:09] <Terres> Miri done disembowel it)
[22:09] * Stolanimus is now known as Stolasaur
[22:09] * @Stolasaur charges Cnbl12
[22:09] * Dylan grimly kicks the corpse of the fallen cannibal off his sword then slashes at the throats of the other cannibals around him (2 attacks cnbl 1 then cnbl3)
[22:09] <Terres> (what kinda dino is stol?)
[22:09] <DM_ToA> The cannibal roars back a challenge
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (roll Dylan and Stol)
[22:10] <@Stolasaur> 2#1d20+4 Claw
[22:10] <TolBot> [Stolasaur's 1d20(⑰)+4 'Claw']: 21
[22:10] <TolBot> [Stolasaur's 1d20(①)+4 'Claw']: 5 (Yowza)
[22:10] <Dylan> 1d20+7
[22:10] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑤)+7]: 12
[22:10] <Dylan> 1d20+7
[22:10] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(④)+7]: 11
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (dylan roll damage)
[22:10] <@Stolasaur> 1d8+3 slashing
[22:10] <TolBot> [Stolasaur's 1d8(⑦)+3 'slashing']: 10
[22:10] <Dylan> (how many hits?)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (Stol, roll damage)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (two hits)
[22:10] <DM_ToA> (one hit Stol)
[22:10] * @Stolasaur bites at it.
[22:11] <Dylan> 2d6+7
[22:11] <Dylan> 2d6+7
[22:11] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚀⚁)+7]: 10
[22:11] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚂⚄)+7]: 15
[22:11] <@Stolasaur> (It now makes a DC12 strength save or knocked prone)
[22:12] <DM_ToA> 1d20+1 DC 12
[22:12] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑭)+1 'DC 12']: 15
[22:12] <DM_ToA> (saved)
[22:12] <@Stolasaur> 1d20+4 Bite
[22:12] <TolBot> [Stolasaur's 1d20(②)+4 'Bite']: 6
[22:12] <@Stolasaur> (done)
[22:13] <DM_ToA> The dinosaur's snapping jaws pop off the head with little effort. The metallic taste of blood sparks some deep, dark part of your brain.
[22:14] <DM_ToA> (Dylan)
[22:15] <Dylan> (yes?)
[22:15] <DM_ToA> (Jeez – you killed two thirds of the cannibals before the second round)
[22:15] <DM_ToA> (Your turn)
[22:15] <Terres> (you could say we are very gtrumpy if someone interrupts our sleep)
[22:15] <Dylan> (full move across the camp attack cnbl8)
[22:15] <Dylan> 1d20+7
[22:15] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑥)+7]: 13
[22:15] <Dylan> 2d6+7
[22:15] <TolBot> Dylan's 2d6(⚅⚀)+7]: 14
[22:16] <DM_ToA> (Hit, roll damage)
[22:16] <DM_ToA> (never mind)
[22:16] <Dylan> (sorry I had a premature evisceration)
[22:16] <Ash> (LOL)
[22:17] <DM_ToA> Terres and Ash)
[22:17] * Terres looks at the remaining Cannibals and casts Eldrtch blast (1 beam each)
[22:17] <Terres> 2#1d20+7
[22:17] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(③)+7]: 10
[22:17] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑩)+7]: 17
[22:18] <DM_ToA> (one hit, one misses)
[22:18] <Terres> 1d10+2
[22:18] <TolBot> Terres's 1d10(①)+2]: 3
[22:18] * Ash steps forward 5' letting his animal spirt guardians wash over the two cannibals. (DC13 Wis save)
[22:19] <DM_ToA> One bolt strikes the cannibal in the side, the other goes wide.
[22:19] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 13
[22:19] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑫) 'DC 13']: 12
[22:19] <DM_ToA> 1d20 DC 13
[22:19] <TolBot> <[DM_ToA's 1d20(⑬) 'DC 13']: 13
[22:19] <Terres> (that canibal i told to run, can now return if he decides so)
[22:19] <Ash> 3d8
[22:19] <TolBot> Ash's 3d8(③③⑥)]: 12
[22:19] <Ash> (12 if fail, 6 if pass)
[22:20] <DM_ToA> The lone cannibal, wounded…looks around and drops to his knees. “No! No!”
[22:20] <DM_ToA> His tosses his spear to the ground and holds up his hands, palms out.
[22:21] <Terres> “Who goes skulking around the junkle at night trying to eat people…. Thats messed up!”
[22:21] * Dylan picks up his spear and breaks it over his knee tossing the wooden parts into the fire
[22:22] <DM_ToA> (just so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle – 167 total for the encounter, divvy up)
[22:22] <DM_ToA> The cannibal flinches. “What want?”
[22:22] <Miri> (33 each)
[22:22] <Dylan> (into the kitty i guess?)
[22:23] <Miri> (xp not money)
[22:23] <Dylan> (oh)
[22:23] <DM_ToA> (right)
[22:23] <Ash> (I'll take his 33 from the kitty)
[22:25] * Terres looks at the cannibal trying to seem manacing “Who are you and why did you attack us?”
[22:25] <DM_ToA> “We give to…to Ras Nsi! Food! Metal! He gives us favor!”
[22:26] <DM_ToA> The cannibal points to the blue triangle on his forehead.
[22:26] * @Stolasaur drools onto the ground.
[22:26] * Dylan watches
[22:26] <Dylan> “Who is Ras Nsi?”\
[22:26] <DM_ToA> “Not find walkers, so we search.”
[22:26] <Terres> “And where do you drop off the metal you find?”
[22:26] <DM_ToA> “Ras Nsi is god. Favors the brave.”
[22:27] <DM_ToA> The cannibal points to the south.
[22:27] <Terres> “What does Ras Nsi do with the metal you give him?”
[22:27] <DM_ToA> “His temple is there. Many, many days.” He holds up all of his fingers.
[22:28] <DM_ToA> “Takes. Eats. Blesses.”
[22:28] <Terres> (wasnt there a volcano down south ?)
[22:29] <Terres> “What does Ras Nsi lok like?)
[22:29] <DM_ToA> (There is)
[22:29] <Terres> (mean to ask the guy)
[22:29] <DM_ToA> The cannibal pats his chest. “Top, man.” He pats his hips. “Bottom, snake.”
[22:30] <Terres> (would i know about the naga?)
[22:31] <DM_ToA> (roll arcana)
[22:31] <Terres> 1d20+3
[22:31] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑩)+3]: 13
[22:31] <Ash> 1d20+2 arcana
[22:31] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(①)+2 'arcana']: 3 (Not good.)
[22:32] <Ash> “That's rubbish.”
[22:32] <Terres> “Bah superstitions!”
[22:32] <Terres> “Now what to do with you!”
[22:33] <DM_ToA> “No! NO! I take! I take!”
[22:33] <Ash> “So your friends can gang up on us and eat us, I don't think so.”
[22:34] <DM_ToA> “No! Ras Nsi find you worthy!”
[22:34] * Miri comes over, lighting her sword as she does.
[22:35] <DM_ToA> The cannibal visibly pales. “You command flame like Ras Nsi! You are worthy of him! Worthy!”
[22:36] <DM_ToA> The man cringes on the ground like a wounded dog.
[22:37] * Terres no longer interested in listening to a crazy person turns toward the dead cannibals and searches them for anything of interest
[22:37] <Ash> “What do we do with this one?”
[22:37] * Miri cuts off his head.
[22:37] <Terres> “I doubt he will survive the jungle on his own”
[22:38] * @Stolasaur paces around the perimeter.
[22:38] <Terres> (or we could execute him)
[22:38] <@Stolasaur> 1d20+3 perception
[22:38] <TolBot> [Stolasaur's 1d20(⑭)+3 'perception']: 17
[22:38] <DM_ToA> (you find some jade stones, trinkets (10 gp total)
[22:38] * Dylan stops Miri
[22:39] * Miri growls at dylan. “you are playing a dangereous game.”
[22:39] <Dylan> “Let's not be hasty”
[22:39] <Terres> ( i give the junk to miri once this cannibal fate thing is resolved)
[22:39] <Dylan> “If we kill him in cold blood we are no better than them”
[22:39] <Miri> “and letting him roam the jungle with no weapon is a kindess?”
[22:40] <Terres> “And dragging him with us to the city is stupid”
[22:40] <Ash> “At least he could fashion a new spear after we are gone.”
[22:40] <Dylan> “We should either get him to take us to see this Rah Nsi, or we can put him up in a tree tied up where he is an example to people who come after us”
[22:40] <Ash> “I say let him go. He can wait here for the fire to finish eating his spear shaft, then he can retrieve his spear head and attempt to make a new spear.”
[22:41] * Miri growls and stalks off.
[22:41] * Dylan eyes the cannibal
[22:42] <Dylan> “I feel like this Rah Nsi has some relevance to our quest”
[22:42] <DM_ToA> The cannibal is watching the group carefully.
[22:42] * Terres gets close to the cannibal and casts minor illusion to make his voice boom “You follow this Ras Nsi fake, you are not worthy of the true gods!”
[22:42] <DM_ToA> (roll intimidation with advantage from minor illusion)
[22:42] <Terres> 1d20+2 adv
[22:42] * Dylan looks at Ash
[22:42] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(18, 15)+2 'adv']: 20
[22:43] <Dylan> “Do we investigate this? Or move on to the city?”
[22:43] <DM_ToA> The cannibal whimpers and scootches back. “You are worthy! I am nothing! But I take you to Ras Nsi!”
[22:44] <Ash> “If we investigate, we may be able to deal with the cannibal problem as a whole, but I don't know if it will help our main quest at all.”
[22:44] <Terres> “We will deal with this Ras later, right now we have more important business looking for the Soulmonger”
[22:45] <Dylan> “Ok, let's tie him up and release him in the morning after we are ready to leave”
[22:45] <DM_ToA> (Everyone – roll 1d20, add your Intelligence modifiers)
[22:45] <Terres> (can i sense the guy trying to BS us into a trap or is he really scared?)
[22:46] <Miri> (even tho i walked off?)
[22:46] <DM_ToA> Terres roll…insight)
[22:46] <Ash> 1d20+2
[22:46] <TolBot> Ash's 1d20(⑧)+2]: 10
[22:46] <Terres> 1d20
[22:46] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(⑪)]: 11
[22:46] <DM_ToA> (Yes – time for Voice of Caine)
[22:46] <Terres> (thats my int)
[22:46] <Miri> (ok)
[22:46] <Dylan> 1d20+
[22:46] <TolBot> Try [Number of rolls]#(Number of dice)d(Number of sides)±[Add/Subtract modifier]
[22:46] <Dylan> 1d20+1
[22:46] <TolBot> Dylan's 1d20(⑩)+1]: 11
[22:46] <Terres> 1d20+3 insight
[22:46] <TolBot> Terres's 1d20(③)+3 'insight']: 6
[22:46] <Miri> 1d20+1
[22:46] <TolBot> Miri's 1d20(⑳)+1]: 21 (Awesome.)
[22:49] <Terres> “What is the place called where Ras Nsi is ?”
[22:49] <DM_ToA> The cannibal blinks and lowers his head.
[22:50] <DM_ToA> “Called…Omu.”
[22:50] <Terres> (ding ding ding…. are we not looking for this place?)
[22:50] * Ash lets out a long sigh.
[22:51] <DM_ToA> With new information and a revitalized sense of purpose – we call this session of “Tomb of Annihilaltion” to a close.

campaigns/harl_s_mad_temple_delight/session_21_-_9-2-2018.txt · Last modified: 2018/10/02 02:25 by ryubasteon